Votes: 8 11.9%
  • It's fun

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Could be better

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • It's good when done right

Votes: 38 56.7%

• Total voters
An honest question here: HOW do you write that much? I find it difficult to surpass 3 well bodies paragraphs. Simply my mind goes blank. Do you have any tips for someone who wants to push their writing boundaries?

It depends a lot on the plot and where the characters are, but I’ve found a few rules of thumb help. Ask these questions -
1. Is the environment interesting in some way? This may be regular phenomena, or an ice worlder seeing rain rather than snow for the first time. How does your character feel about this area? Is there anything that may draw attention?
2. Is my character reacting in a plausible way to the actions of others? Have emotional reactions to the surrounding activities and delve a bit into the character’s beliefs/philosophy.
3. How much leeway do you have to progress time? This is probably the most important, in my opinion. Writing a lot is easier when there’s a lot of time to cover. Don’t worry too much about not having novella length posts for what is a fast conversation.
4. Possibly #2 in terms of importance: How can I include other characters (plausibly and without causing issues) and how can I include NPCs. Talking with the other students, getting the rumor mill going at a bar, etc. This ties in with the environment bit, as including ambient chatter is a good way to flesh out a locale.

HOW do you write that much? I find it difficult to surpass 3 well bodies paragraphs. Simply my mind goes blank. Do you have any tips for someone who wants to push their writing boundaries?
First, there's the question: Do you actually want to?

To clarify, I'm not asking if you have the will or desire to, but rather whether a more detailed and lengthy style is the one that most suits your tastes, skills and values. Churning out posts that have length, detail and of course quality as well tends to come with a particular mindset distinct from other styles, something I go over in detail in this thread. While the categories aren't absolute (more of a spectrum really), the fact of the matter is that people who writer lengthier and more detailed posts tend to appreciate and value things in posts others don't really do and may even find boring. This translates not just in one's appreciation of those elements but in the ability to produce them as well. Of course you're not going to think of, say, tracing a character's line of thought that finally results in their particular action, or expose on some societal element based on the scenery, or do foreshadowing for upcoming events if you find those elements to be pointless, boring etc... If the extent of your way of thinking about "rose prose" is that very thing, then you don't actually understand how to do floreal writing right. How are you going to spend the time and effort of carefully crafting a long and detailed post, and expect such responses, if you still expect posts to come at the pace of a post half that size?

The examples go on and on. I think it'll be most understandable by reading the actual thread I linked though.

So my advice is simple: step 1 of changing your style to a more detailed one? Learn to think like a more detailed writer, to appreciate the value of the things a more detailed writer appreciates. If you find that you can't bring yourself to do that, that's of course fine too. It just means that it is a style of writing that is not optimal for you, and you'd probably have amuch better time with a different one.

If you DO end up being able to see things through that different lens, then you'll find that writing posts of that nature, and the various tricks that can be used to write more without it just being "filler", come much more naturally to you.

Years ago I wrote novella replies, long four or five page replies 20 - 40 paragraph monsters. They took about two weeks or more to write, there was about one to two replies a month from any given player in the roleplay which had six players. So we'd get about 24 replies in a year if we were lucky; just to give some MUCH needed perspective to anyone who wants to do novella roleplaying it really isn't about speed at all. It will take a lot of time to fabricate a reply, you will need to read several pages worth of replies from other people, figure out what you need to rely to, and carefully craft a response that delicately balances all the information you've been given.

I think for those who enjoy it, who have a like minded group and the time, it's a fine feat to undertake. But it's 100% not, in any way, for everyone and that is okay it's a wild beast of a way to roleplay.

I personally I have little use or time for replies that long. I appreciate the tact, craft and pace of short 300 - 600 word replies; there is more value in a short reply for me. It suits my time requirements, my pace, and most importantly how I like to write now; and how I write isn't very suitable for novella roleplaying!

Last edited:
I used to do novella rp. With right rp partners it can be fun and very interesting to read an write.
But I don't do that anymore. Mostly because of how limited time I have, I want to make my rp experience more diverse, so I'm taking up several rp that would have shorter replies. That's comfortable for me and I am less likely to lose interest.

As far as novella style goes, I find it to be more collaborative writing than roleplaying. Which is great in its own right but doesn't grant me instant gratification like shorter replies do (aye I know it's bad but maybe I'll do novella rp again when I'm retired and don't need to write a lot at work anymore because it uses up a lot of my mental energy so I can't focus on roleplaying enough).

(aye I know it's bad
Why do you say it's bad? Wanting that instant gratification and thus choosing to follow a less detailed style is just a matter of preference, nothing bad about it. It'd be bad if you did the opposite, expecting instant gratification out of a style that isn't meant for that, but as it stands it's just a sensible decision.

Why do you say it's bad? Wanting that instant gratification and thus choosing to follow a less detailed style is just a matter of preference, nothing bad about it. It'd be bad if you did the opposite, expecting instant gratification out of a style that isn't meant for that, but as it stands it's just a sensible decision.

For me personally, I find a desire for instant gratification concerning because it's a sign of something going wrong in my life. By no means will I judge anyone else who does the same.

However, I do consider wanting instant gratification is what leads to procrastination in general. You want something and you want it right now, if for whatever reason you don't get it now, you will start avoiding things. It's a sign of impulsive behavior and I believe it's a common cause of people ghosting the rp.

For me personally, I find a desire for instant gratification concerning because it's a sign of something going wrong in my life. By no means will I judge anyone else who does the same.

However, I do consider wanting instant gratification is what leads to procrastination in general. You want something and you want it right now, if for whatever reason you don't get it now, you will start avoiding things. It's a sign of impulsive behavior and I believe it's a common cause of people ghosting the rp.
Mhmmm... you do have a point.

Can't abide paragraph limits of any stripe - just because you can write longer doesn't mean you're writing better. Since I mainly GM, I don't have time to read that much meandering, amateur prose to find the details necessary to advance the plot. If a post is well-written enough that I don't notice it's unusually long, that's great, but more often it's a slog.

And for my part, I don't treat roleplaying like actual writing, but as a break from work on other projects, so the last thing I want to do is churn out excess wordcount.
This.

I would add that some interactions, in how they are paced between characters, simply don't call for six paragraphs. If you're having a conversation with an NPC as a group for example, how are you supposed to motivate one or two lines of dialogue and five and a half paragraphs of... Well, whatever the hell you force into it.

There are so many things that are so ass-backward in the PbP community and this is certainly one of them. The quality of a group game is ALL in the GM and the GM's ability to deliver the narrative in a compelling way and communicate well with the players. Wordcount has nothing to do with it.

For 1v1 it's a different case I guess, but I don't really dabble in that.

The best games have a varied length of posts. Whatever the situation calls for is the appropriate amount.

Last edited:
Hm, tough question...
Personally, I usually try to stay somewhere between two to four well-developed paragraphs, for two mere reasons-

Firstly, I just often don't have the time to type long-winded paragraphs and describe every tree around to the structure of its bark. Of course, sometimes it really fits and can be great fun, and I've done quite a few novella rps back in the days when I still had more time, but now that I'm working full time and went from the forever solo loner to an engaged person trying g to find a good place to live I just don't have the time for it.

Secondly, it can really break the rp if not done correctly. Let's say our characters are standing in a white room, white neon lights on the ceiling, blank walls, steel-inforced security door with a fingerprint scanner.
Otherwise, the room is bare.
Maybe you find a way to describe every details the first time they enter the room.
But what now, three posts later, with them still standing in this very room?
Of course you could describe everything over and over and over again but forcing yourself to find something, anything, to des ribe, just to reach that minimum of 6 paragraphs...Meh.
Its tiring. Tiring to the point where you just lose your muse to even think of a reply to the other character's previous question.

Summed up, I'd say the quality and quantity aren't the same- you can write 6 paragraphs full of repetitions because you can't think of anything else but need to provide this minimum, or you can keep it down to two paragraphs, which can be just as well written. It depends. It really depends.
I don't have a problem with novella rping, as long as the world we're rping in provides enough for me to provide enough for the minimum of 6 paragraphs... and as long as my partner doesn't mind me needing a two to three weeks to reply X'3

Back in my day we called this adv. lit. If I have a partner capable of it, I certainly don't mind novella style roleplays. I've only had maybe one or two partners that have written like this.

I'm pretty close to novella length, if not there by the standards of some :closedeyessmile: It's all I can really do at this point, anything else and I find myself unable to enjoy the RP.

I can do 6+ paragraphs when something significant is happening, but every roleplay has chill moments where there's just.. not enough going on to warrant a lengthy response. So trying to do that for every response regardless of what's going on in the scene sounds like hell to me.

And, this is just a personal thing but, as much as I love reading - when I roleplay, I don't particularly want to read about the precise location of every item in the scene or a rundown on the character's outfits or anything like that. I know a lot of people find it helps them get immersed in the scene, which is valid, but for me personally I think it's more effective when you take the most striking, important things about the scene and talk about those, and trust your partners to fill in the gaps for the parts that aren't as important. That's just me though - not knocking novella style roleplay, just can't get behind it.

Going to be a downer and say I don't like the term novella.
If you say you write novella length, I start thinking above 3,000 words, only due to what a novella is. For the longest time, I was confused by people saying they write novella lengthed posts. So you write over 8,000 words? I've only recently learned it means very long replies, I guess. How long? Heck if I know.

This is my first time hearing the term 'novella' in regards to a roleplay and I find it really interesting to hear how this is classified. I've never judged post length by paragraphs (as paragraph length itself can vary) and have always gone by wordcount for a general idea since that's what I grew up with on other roleplaying websites. For me personally my average wordcount nowadays is between 1000-3000 words, I never strive to hit any kind of number and just go until I feel the response is done. From what I'm seeing in the conversation above it sounds like that would count as a smaller novella-style length?

I personally love this style of writing and don't typically enjoy shorter length roleplays. They tend to lose my interest if they're consistently less than 500 words (or less than two or three short paragraphs) as there's just not enough detail given to me for me to sink my teeth into. Granted I don't do group roleplays anymore so this is based on 1x1 where I believe depth of content is more important. In any given response there is setting, reaction to previous action, and new action as a bare minimum to be addressed. If you add in interaction with setting, inner thoughts, and character detail this bumps that up more. In really fast paced sections of a roleplay you may be able to address all of these in a very short and punchy response, but typically I find it takes time and a good number of words to fully encompass the world your characters are inhabiting.

Ultimately I think actual length requirements in any collaborative writing are intensely silly. A roleplay is a back and forth exchange. In a published book the action sequences tend to be written with shorter, punchier, sentences to get the feeling of tension across while in less critical moments the paragraphs are longer and more descriptive. Roleplays having the same ebb and flow makes equal sense.

But, that said, in action sequences my replies still tend to be in the "shorter" 800-1000 word range haha. I like adding in detail and encompassing a scene while also moving the action forward as much as I can so that my partner has a lot to work with. My goal in any roleplay is to fully respond to what they've set up in their response while also moving the story continuously forward. I've had partners before where we wrote 5-8 pages worth in Microsoft Word for each of our replies but that got tiring pretty quickly. Other people I've written with where we averaged 3000-5000 words a post would sometimes get so caught up in describing tiny details that the story didn't move forward and it got dull very quickly for me.

Basically I love longer-winded roleplays but they have to be done right, with a good balance, and by two people who have compatible writing styles. In cases like that they're not a strain and I've struggled more with some 500 word responses with a partner/plot that wasn't a great fit for me than a 3000 word response with a partner/plot that suited me well.

Sounds exhausting. The best I can manage is two paragraphs, and that’s on a GOOD day, much less short book’s worth.

A Novella Rp is often a Rp that requires participants to write more than six paragraphs.

In my experience, anything beneath that number would be, In my experience "Not enough" to qualify as a proper post In a normal Novella Rp.

So basically, It's a RP that involves lots of detail and writing going into each and every post made.

Just the idea of this bothers me. Length should be based on content. Length requirments force writers to bloat posts. If you want a high level RP then get writers you trust and don't force them to write excessively. This speaks to an educational failure where length = quality instead of content. As the great American Poet GZA said "Yo, too many songs, weak rhymes that's mad long. Make it brief Son, half short and twice strong"

Especially when interaction becomes a focus. In no universe should I have to write six paragraphs in order to answer a closed end question from another character such as "Which direction did Jack go". To meet that I'm forced to add random bullshit like minute insignificant body movements, flashbacks and Shakespearian dialogue with endless monologues.

As a concise writer, this kind of RP would be an automatic pass. Not because I'm incapable of writing six paragraphs, but because I'd need enough content to do so and in a RP where time moves fractionally that's almost impossible. I have no issue writing a 10,000 word short story but a 2000 word post when 750 does the job? No thanks. Most of my revision is subtraction, efficiency of word choice and placement. In this "homework" style of RP that's discouraged and instead I need to describe the movement of the universe to ask if I can get a roast beef sandwich.

Last edited:
Just the idea of this bothers me. Length should be based on content. Length requirments force writers to bloat posts. If you want a high level RP then get writers you trust and don't force them to write excessively. This speaks to an educational failure where length = quality instead of content. As the great American Poet GZA said "Yo, too many songs, weak rhymes that's mad long. Make it brief Son, half short and twice strong"

Especially when interaction becomes a focus. In no universe should I have to write six paragraphs in order to answer a closed end question from another character such as "Which direction did Jack go". To meet that I'm forced to add random bullshit like minute insignificant body movements, flashbacks and Shakespearian dialogue with endless monologues.

As a concise writer, this kind of RP would be an automatic pass. Not because I'm incapable of writing six paragraphs, but because I'd need enough content to do so and in a RP where time moves fractionally that's almost impossible. I have no issue writing a 10,000 word short story but a 2000 word post when 750 does the job? No thanks. Most of my revision is subtraction, efficiency of word choice and placement. In this "homework" style of RP that's discouraged and instead I need to describe the movement of the universe to ask if I can get a roast beef sandwich.

Well said sir. Well said indeed. I understand writing more than a few paragraphs for a beginning post to set the scene, but for something that just doesn’t have enough content to last that long, that’s a little wacko.

Most things have way more content to give than people give it credit for. People who like to roleplay novella want that content that is otherwise negleted. The size requirements aren't a goal in of themselves, but simply the most practical means of achieving that goal and getting in contact with other people who also value that kind of content.

The kind of people who appreciate the presence of perspective (emotions and thoughts, specifically internal monologue), who like to flesh out the environment around the characters, who value stylistic choices, to whom the experience of the scene, things like atmosphere and fleshing out of details not necessarily pertaining to the plot, are just as important as what is happening in the scene.

Sometimes, there is that one very rare occasion where the scene does lack enough to flesh out those big posts. There are ways of adding meaningful content even then. If you've exhausted those as a novella player, there's a good chance your partner isn't one, or that you aren't a match at all.

God I really hate using that word. Novella. Slander.

I feel like a lot of people really knock on those who enjoy writing more, all I really ever hear now a days is how I'm asking for 'too much' with my search thread writing requirement. I'm not one to mock those who write shorter posts, but everyone always brushes away larger posts as being filled with 'fluff' and 'useless information.'

What does it matter if it's not important to the plot? Sometimes fluff is fun to write, it really gives extra life to the characters and you get an idea of how they really are. I've never really gotten to the point where I'm 'making up' stuff for my reply-- Even if someone asks a simple question, there's always more I can explore in the scene. Even if it's just tiny, tiny details on how my character looks to her own hands and fiddles with her hair. It establishes little quirks and humanizes whoever I'm writing.

I dunno, a lot of people just tend to describe longer posts/novella as 'well, I don't need to describe all this to grab a sandwich or answer a question!" But it's always more than just that in a post, many seem to exaggerate how people are writing longer posts to justify why they don't want to do it. You don't need justification, just RP man ! There'll always be someone who'll match your preferences, so we should all just appreciate how others write.

As someone who prefers longer/novella style posts, I couldn’t agree more with everything said by Idea and Brookflower. The one thing I would like to emphasize for everyone is that novella is a style, just as much as one-liners, semi-lit, and advanced-lit.

Some people find small posts to be better fits because they may not have much time, may not see the need for lots of seemingly random detail, want to have more fluid dialogue or actions, or plenty of other reasons.

Similarly, novella writers have a preference for long posts because it allows us to write a lot of detail we would otherwise not be able to include, some of us prefer to do long but slower posts, or just simply want to write more.

At the end of the day, everyone has their preferences for length and most people on this forum clearly advertise their typical lengths. I feel like nobody should have to defend their styles and should simply seek out those that share the same preferences.

Idea Idea

If you're writing high level collab projects you need to trust the other writer(s) to write as they see fit. If what they provide lacks detail then tell them to step it up. Use context and if they aren't meeting expectations then have a side talk about it. Don't use zero tolerance homework guidelines to direct a creative person. We do that in public schools because there needs to be standards when dealing with millions of kids, but in a RP with a small group (at absolute max we are talking about like... 15 people) you can use context.

As a concise writer this whole thing about requirements bothers me. Arbitrary length requirements decided by "Writer A" might be completely ridiculous for "Writer B" . WB might be a hyper efficient writer who works tirelessly to create perfectly structured, zero waste sentences (which is what I do, most of my editing is reduction and re-structuring for better pace and minimum word count while retaining the information originally written). WA on the other hand might be more of a prose artist, opting for grand descriptions of even the smallest detail, less of a craftsman and more of an artist who isn't looking for waste, not looking to delete whole lines but to add more. Both schools can be done well without question, but there's no reason to punish WB for shorter length if the content is there just because the amount of lines on the page is exceeded by WA.

My overall point is that context = king.

Jet Jet I'm not sure I'm really getting behind your entire point. If both Writer A and B have these different writing styles and idea of what length they want, why would they be in an RP together? Most people preface their threads by saying how long they want the posts to be in an RP, whether it's a group RP or 1x1. If they're on different wavelengths, I don't see as much of a 'punishment' for them to not RP together. Clearly, one person isn't satisfied by what they're getting in return.

No one is punishing people for having shorter posts. I write longer posts, and I don't see myself insulting others for writing less than me. We just wouldn't be good partners or mesh well in a group RP, and that's alright to happen. If someone clearly states before there is a requirement, that you cannot reach, perhaps the RP just isn't for you, and that's alright in the end. We aren't writing for work or to get paid, we are writing to personally enjoy our free-time. Of course someone will base their length requirements on personal choice, don't you want to enjoy who you write with?

Jet Jet I'm not sure I'm really getting behind your entire point. If both Writer A and B have these different writing styles and idea of what length they want, why would they be in an RP together? Most people preface their threads by saying how long they want the posts to be in an RP, whether it's a group RP or 1x1. If they're on different wavelengths, I don't see as much of a 'punishment' for them to not RP together. Clearly, one person isn't satisfied by what they're getting in return.

No one is punishing people for having shorter posts. I write longer posts, and I don't see myself insulting others for writing less than me. We just wouldn't be good partners or mesh well in a group RP, and that's alright to happen. If someone clearly states before there is a requirement, that you cannot reach, perhaps the RP just isn't for you, and that's alright in the end. We aren't writing for work or to get paid, we are writing to personally enjoy our free-time. Of course someone will base their length requirements on personal choice, don't you want to enjoy who you write with?

Why do you need to have identical / very similar styles to someone that you're RPing with? No offense, but to me that makes no sense.

Also don't like the implication that I can't hang with self proclaimed "detailed writers". Can I fill a page with a bunch of filler? Yes, I did it for eight years in HS/Uni. The point is that context provides content and sometimes you can easily reach six paragraphs and sometimes reaching six paragraphs is a writing exercise in how to slam buttons on a keyboard and make no noise.

I used to be a super lengthy, self proclaimed "detailed writer" and then I kept writing and discovered a few things such as.

1. Implication

2. Discretion

3. Pacing

4. Efficiency

I view arbitrary length requirements as ridiculous. If someone is not up to par then have the courage to tell them to step up, don't impliment zero tolerance policies to scare off the noobs. Make it clear in an interest check that you expect advanced writing and ask for a sample.

Edit 2

Im actually mind blown that people think a paragraph minimum doesn't hurt writing quality lol, especially in action/dialogue.

Edit 3

And another disturbing thing I'm seeing is the equivocation of length and quality. There are writers who are capable of describing things in far fewer words than others. By concise I do not mean one line, I mean efficiently written. I also do not mean sparse of detail, just that the detail is conveyed faster and more efficiently with truncated word choice and implication being used.

Last edited:
Why do you need to have identical / very similar styles to someone that you're RPing with? To me that makes no sense.

Also don't like the implication that I can't hang with self proclaimed "detailed writers". Can I fill a page with a bunch of filler? Yes, I did it for eight years in HS/Uni. The point is that context provides content and sometimes you can easily reach six paragraphs and sometimes reaching six paragraphs is a writing exercise in how to slam buttons on a keyboard and make no noise.

I used to be a super lengthy, self proclaimed "detailed writer" and then I kept writing and discovered a few things such as.

1. Implication

2. Discretion

3. Pacing

4. Efficiency

Well, I feel like there's a simple answer to your first question. It's just about enjoyment. I personally won't enjoy sending 700-1k words to someone on average for my posts, only to receive barely 200 in return. I feel like my time is wasted, and I want someone who writes in a similar fashion to me so I may also have fun with the RP. I love reading responses that are long, and I love giving them in return. I don't hate people who do shorter responses, nor do I think of them as less or a writer, but I personally won't enjoy the RP if I'm not on the same wavelength of my partner. I'm sure many people here can agree they just want someone they can click with, so both people can happily enjoy whatever they're RPing. One person unhappy in the story means it's not a good story, and will likely lead to someone leaving the RP.

No one said you can't hang around people who tend to write more and who are more detailed than you, but this simply wraps around to my previous post. People tend to degrade those who write more for their posts as pretentious and just writing 'filler.' If someone is truly having fun with their RP and their partner, then it isn't filler to them. Sometimes people like to find joy in simple things, like their character making a cup of tea. It can be calming to write in detail why they love the smell of bergamot, or how they have such a sweet tooth they crave three scoops of sugar, all while stemming the tea slowly and watching the color bleed into the water.

It's a bit insulting to imply people who write more haven't discovered those four things you've listed. I'm positive they're well aware of them, and they're certainly woven into their RP at which their partner deems acceptable, and so-forth in return. Some people don't like quicker paced RPs, and enjoy 'smelling the roses.' They like writing about simple tasks, for whatever reason it may be. They can be efficient in their post, while also indulging in their creativity with a fellow writer.

Point is, you shouldn't judge others and call out their writing because it doesn't meet your personal ideal of what RPing should be, and how people should find their partners/groups. Perhaps these detailed writers you speak of don't wish to hang around you because you imply their writing is just 'too' much, even if you aren't directly saying it. People want to write with people who are similar to them, that's not a hard concept.

It is preference, and implying that others who writer differently than you are just 'filler writers' is just a bit rude in my taste.

Well, I feel like there's a simple answer to your first question. It's just about enjoyment. I personally won't enjoy sending 700-1k words to someone on average for my posts, only to receive barely 200 in return. I feel like my time is wasted, and I want someone who writes in a similar fashion to me so I may also have fun with the RP. I love reading responses that are long, and I love giving them in return. I don't hate people who do shorter responses, nor do I think of them as less or a writer, but I personally won't enjoy the RP if I'm not on the same wavelength of my partner. I'm sure many people here can agree they just want someone they can click with, so both people can happily enjoy whatever they're RPing. One person unhappy in the story means it's not a good story, and will likely lead to someone leaving the RP.

No one said you can't hang around people who tend to write more and who are more detailed than you, but this simply wraps around to my previous post. People tend to degrade those who write more for their posts as pretentious and just writing 'filler.' If someone is truly having fun with their RP and their partner, then it isn't filler to them. Sometimes people like to find joy in simple things, like their character making a cup of tea. It can be calming to write in detail why they love the smell of bergamot, or how they have such a sweet tooth they crave three scoops of sugar, all while stemming the tea slowly and watching the color bleed into the water.

It's a bit insulting to imply people who write more haven't discovered those four things you've listed. I'm positive they're well aware of them, and they're certainly woven into their RP at which their partner deems acceptable, and so-forth in return. Some people don't like quicker paced RPs, and enjoy 'smelling the roses.' They like writing about simple tasks, for whatever reason it may be. They can be efficient in their post, while also indulging in their creativity with a fellow writer.

Point is, you shouldn't judge others and call out their writing because it doesn't meet your personal ideal of what RPing should be, and how people should find their partners/groups. Perhaps these detailed writers you speak of don't wish to hang around you because you imply their writing is just 'too' much, even if you aren't directly saying it. People want to write with people who are similar to them, that's not a hard concept.

It is preference, and implying that others who writer differently than you are just 'filler writers' is just a bit rude in my taste.

You make a fair point, though I don’t think we’d click in a roleplay together well. (Which sucks, you seem like you’d write some really nice responses to read.) Honestly I’d love to write longer posts with more meat to them, but it’s actually really hard for me. It’s not really a writers block thing, more like a “Hey, I tend to look at one particular funny looking plant in an office rather than taking in all the little things the person I’m talking to is doing with their face and also the air freshener.” I can’t write details I can’t recognize, which makes a weird limit for me where I’d love to add more details, but I run out of details to add.

Or maybe that’s just a weird excuse to not try, I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back