Advice/Help How do you create a good interest-check thread?

Zombocalypse

Quintessential Badboy
I used to be good at this stuff but I've been out of the game for a long while now.

What's your advice?

Be as inclusive and detailed as you can. I'd appreciate it.

1. The best tip I could give you is to include as much information on your preferences as possible, such as the size of your replies, the literacy level you expect from a partner and general dislikes. I cannot stress this enough and lack of info makes me skip a search thread even if it has fandoms or plots that interest me.

Of course, that does not mean making an endless, rambling list of rules, but trying to reduce them to their essence so they are easily read and comprehended.

2. Make it appealing. A well structured thread not only attracts the eye, but as I said in my previous point, makes the process of scouring through the main points easier. Play with basic fonts, italics and lists to divide your thread into sections, such as Requirements, Fandoms and so on. But please, for the love of dogs, don’t overdo it with the BB code. It gets very distracting and often times it can’t be read on mobile.

3. Be friendly. I have avoided many RPers that have struck me as arrogant and patronizing in their posts, even it I thought our interests meshed well. Try to express your preferences politely and skip imperative phrases such as ‘You must be able to do X, otherwise don’t even message me.‘

Users who are viewing this thread

Back