• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help How do you change the appearance of a tag?

Rathian Diablos

The Golden Carrot
So this is a very specific question but does anyone know how to tag other role players but make the tag appear as another word instead InsertNameHere InsertNameHere . For example, if I wanted it to appear as the name of a character they were playing in an RP. How would I do that?

Last edited:
I don’t believe you can.

rae2nerdy rae2nerdy

Edit: Okay, but in all seriousness, yes you can change what a tag says. But you either need to edit the text in between the USER stuff after posting the post to whatever you desire, include it that way in a macro, or copy paste it. There’s no “pure” way to get an edited tag in the initial post.

Just an FYI, if you use the [USER=#]text[/USER] that will NOT send them an alert notification.

Rathian Diablos Rathian Diablos to display this. If you were to get an alert for a tag it would specifically say "{User} mentioned you in a post in the thread {thread name}."

Using the method to change their account name to their character name like this - because it doesn't send out an alert to them - is basically as effective as just bolding their character name within the post. :\

All this really serves is if you hover or click the changed name it would show their account and nothing more. TBH my suggestion would be to just tag them normally so they get an alert informing them they've been tagged and then whatever character name next to it. For example:

Fyuri's Character ( Fable Fable )

There is a sneaky alternate way if you want this for aesthetic reasons. You can use the comment tag.

Character Name [comment]@fyuri[/comment]

The comment tag will hide the tag text but still send out an alert and look like:
Character Name (I actually tagged you in this spot.)
Code:
Character Name [comment]@Rathian Diablos[/comment]  (I actually tagged you in this spot.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back