• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered How do I post?

Just, since Im new, I have no idea how to "post." I dont know what it means to post, either. im guessing it means to post pictures or projects... Haha, Im sooo confused!
Well, lets fix that!

A post is what you're doing right now! A message that is "posted" (hence the name) in threads just like this one. :D

A lot depends on what sort of roleplay you want to make (how many people are in it, what the genre/story is, etc.). Usually, people start by creating an interest check. You don't have to, but it is a good way of attracting attention to your idea and gauging whether people are interested in it.

If you want to roleplay with a single person, create an interest check in the looking for partners section of the interest checks. You can explain ideas/concepts that are interesting to you and find people who want to play with you. If you want to roleplay with more than one person, go to the looking for group section. You'll see a bunch of subsections separated by genre/playstyle. Choose the one which best fits your idea, and create a new thread which explains what your idea is. You can also explain any rules or limitations in your interest check.

When you're ready to create your rp, find the category which your roleplay goes in here. Under the big heading, you'll see a bunch of little subheadings. The main heading is where you put the roleplay itself, and the subheadings are forums where you can create threads for "out of character chat", "character sheets", or any "extra pages" you might want to add. You can link the posts together within the post you create by posting links in the first post of your thread.

Let me know if you need any further info, or if you'd like me to link you to any specific section/subsection.

i wanted to know if post would be like replying to stuff like this or something else

A post is any reply you make to a thread. If you make a new thread, the first post also counts as a post! As long as you are replying or creating a topic in one of the public boards, it counts as a post. PMs, Private Workshop threads, and profile comments don't count, but everything else does.

So yes! Your reply here counts as a post!

A post is any reply you make to a thread. If you make a new thread, the first post also counts as a post! As long as you are replying or creating a topic in one of the public boards, it counts as a post. PMs, Private Workshop threads, and profile comments don't count, but everything else does.

So yes! Your reply here counts as a post!
hi there how do you create tags

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18
just the uername of whoever you want to tag after the @ symbol. Sometimes you might want to click them to autofill it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back