Advice/Help How do I know if my RP died?

GlitchyGamerGirl

I'm here to chew *ss and kick bubblegum
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm in a few 1 x 1 rps, and I'm not sure if they died or not. My partner has been gone for awhile, and they always say they're still interested and will reply later, but it's been over a month and every time they say they'll reply they don't. They haven't left the conversation either, and haven't come straight out and said they don't want to rp anymore, so I'm not sure if they're just constantly busy or ghosting me.

If you haven't, you could send your partner a message. First and foremost, ask if they are okay because it could be they're unable to post due to something in real life beyond their control. I mean that's pretty much all you can do. If you don't receive a response, give it a bit, then you probably should just move on.

If you haven't, you could send your partner a message. First and foremost, ask if they are okay because it could be they're unable to post due to something in real life beyond their control. I mean that's pretty much all you can do. If you don't receive a response, give it a bit, then you probably should just move on.
Okay thank you 😊

Yeah I got a partner like that. She has a busy work schedule (so do I to be fair) and every now and again she will pop in to be like “yo I’m still alive.”

So I just made a special folder for the roleplay and just treat it like it’s on a semi-hiatus.

I have other more active roleplays but I try to check in once a week just to catch up. It might take a bit to get started but she’s nice enough I don’t mind waiting.

Yeah I got a partner like that. She has a busy work schedule (so do I to be fair) and every now and again she will pop in to be like “yo I’m still alive.”

So I just made a special folder for the roleplay and just treat it like it’s on a semi-hiatus.

I have other more active roleplays but I try to check in once a week just to catch up. It might take a bit to get started but she’s nice enough I don’t mind waiting.
I mean I don't mind waiting either, just as long as they let me know they're still interested, ya know? If they aren't I want them to tell me so I can know. I only ever have a couple rps at a time anyway

I mean I don't mind waiting either, just as long as they let me know they're still interested, ya know? If they aren't I want them to tell me so I can know. I only ever have a couple rps at a time anyway

Yeah I think a good thing to do is also just have a positive outlook. Nothing is ever helped by assuming the worse.

If I notice someone hasn’t responded in awhile my immediate thought isn’t “oh they aren’t interested” it’s “oh they forgot/got sick.”

So I just send a quick “hey did ya catch the ‘Rona?” (Lol if you want to be more sincere “hey are you okay?” )

9/10 they really did just forget to reply or they had IRL issue come up.

Most of the time people who don’t want to roleplay anymore will just not reply OR they say it outright.

Very few people are gonna play some elaborate mind game if they genuinely aren’t interested.

Yeah I think a good thing to do is also just have a positive outlook. Nothing is ever helped by assuming the worse.

If I notice someone hasn’t responded in awhile my immediate thought isn’t “oh they aren’t interested” it’s “oh they forgot/got sick.”

So I just send a quick “hey did ya catch the ‘Rona?” (Lol if you want to be more sincere “hey are you okay?” )

9/10 they really did just forget to reply or they had IRL issue come up.

Most of the time people who don’t want to roleplay anymore will just not reply OR they say it outright.

Very few people are gonna play some elaborate mind game if they genuinely aren’t interested.
I see your point
I'll keep waiting, as I sent a message yesterday to check in on them, but if they don't respond by the end of this month then I'm just going to let them be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back