Experiences How did you even find out what roleplaying is?

Just curious surfing the internet! I found a place called WBS, which had non-roleplay chatting and stumbled into watch the RPrs.

I had sort of done a rp before (me and a friend made ocs and played as them when they visited) by i found out that it was a really thing when i was looking to talk on omegle and someone went 'hey, wanna do a undertale rp?'

It all started when I was 14 and looking at art on Deviantart. Speed forward a week after being on it and I was roleplaying Sonic there and on Twiter ajdjjdjfjfjf

We all started somewhere akasdjd

I like Pokemon ever since I was a kid and one day I found a bunch of people pretending to be pokemon trainers in a Facebook page. I got intrigued and joined them. After the page died I still crave that experiences, jumping from site to sire and here I am now.

i started out on neopets- saw the RP section of the boards and was hooked ever since. i didn't understand what the hell i was doing at first, though, and i distinctly remember my first RP: i joined a medieval fantasy thread as a dragon without asking anyone. i promptly burned everything down and destroyed the castle in my first post. suffice it to say that no one was pleased with my first RPing venture! after that, though, i quickly got the hang of it.

My parents are nerds. I grew up overhearing Tabletop Campaigns and reading D&D books so I was inevitably going to either hate the hobby or love it. Turns out I love it.

Now, as for free form roleplay... well I started out with Minecraft servers and then, after suffering hell, transitioned to websites. I went through several before landing here.

I was always a nerd, and thus gravitated towards D&D. I just... liked the idea of adventures and complex dice systems, okay? And since it was impossible to find actual player groups in my city back then, I tried my luck online. I did find a site geared towards D&D, but most people actually played free form there, and I figured I could give it a try. And, well, here I am now, lol.

So interesting to read everyone's stories ♥️ Keep them coming! XD

An older boy talked down on me about "not being able to Roleplay" because I was a kid. He was right, I was only ten, but he was only a year older than me, so it got to me. I'm also petty and spite fuels at least fifty percent of my interactions, so I asked another older boy to teach me how to Roleplay. He did. My first ever Roleplay was a fantasy-inspired journey done through Chatango that belonged to Pokemon forums for an MMO.

Remember that kids’ book series, The 39 Clues? They had an official online forum, which was genuinely probably the safest way lil 13 yr old me could have gotten into RP since it was moderated. I believe the first one I ever joined was titled “Home for Troubled Teens RP”, which was wildly in tune with edgy lil Búho lmao

For me, I was really big into warrior cats and my friend introduce to me to a site called Warrior Cats RPG (which was later renamed Feralfront) and then it went off from there but even before that, me and my brother did our own version of larp when we were kids and but back in 2012 it was crazy. From Feralfront, i also joined various other sites soon after like Quotev, and fanfiction.net and many other small sites I don't remember but joined because i loved to rp, in later years, i found amino (only like 5-3 years ago) and started to roleplay on google docs and a little on discord and i also played DnD since, god, 2013 i think but got more into it in 2016.

Digimon was a series I loved since my childhood and still do. So I used to keep up with new seasons until a certain point (probably a while before I entered highschool) in which I just stopped. A while later though I came to discover there was a whole season I had missed and I decided to binge it. As a result I really wanted to share the kinds of story ideas that came to mind about it, and decided to look for somewhere to write them on, and that’s how I came across my first roleplaying site.

Once I read the site rules I fell in love with the organization and the little mechanics of the site, and got to work on my first character. My first contact with RP was simply as one form of telling the stories I wanted to tell albeit limited by the constraints of the site’s mechanics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back