• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Info How did everyone learn thier pretty coding?

AmethystWallflower

You can call me Amy
I'm on this site & one other. On both of them everyone seems to have pretty extensive knowledge of how to make each & every one f them freaking beautiful. I know how to change my font around :|
Where did everyone learn??? I'm a visual learner & I understand best by actually doing something, but coding is just something that has always eluded me.
Also, sorry if this isn't in the right spot :|

Oh jesus take the wheel. Just looking at the first tutorial makes my sight-balls hurt lol
I frustrate too easy for my own good xD I'll just stick to my fonts & a pic here & there. I'd feel too bad asking someone to do it for me. Especially if I didn't like something.

Oh jesus take the wheel. Just looking at the first tutorial makes my sight-balls hurt lol
I frustrate too easy for my own good xD I'll just stick to my fonts & a pic here & there. I'd feel too bad asking someone to do it for me. Especially if I didn't like something.

There are also plenty of people who make freebies as well. And as I said you can always just practice using the freebies if you're more of a visual learner.

I'm learning how to do it by studying CSS! The syntax is just a little different from CSS and relies heavily on div boxes, but the BBCode uses CSS properties. You may also want to learn HTML since it'll help you better understand CSS.

I'm using the SoloLearn app CSS tutorial. The W3Schools CSS tutorial is also a good resource. It actually doesn't take too long to learn the basics and start making nice stuff!

This is the syntax:

First, you define your [div] element like this:
Code:
[class="example"]
     property: parameters;
[/class]

Once the parameters are defined, you execute the [div] element like this:
Code:
[div class="example"][/div]

Last edited:
Never have. I'm too old and incapable of such a thing. But I'm a Google docs gal anyway. I knew some basic ones from my Gaia days but that left me a while ago

It's highly possible that when it comes time I'll jump on an easy freebie I can grasp or just use the amazing buttons up top to make at least the font look halfway decent lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back