• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help How can I see all of my RPs at once?

Epiphany

Proverbs 17:9
Apologies if this is a stupid question but I made at least a cursory effort to wade through previously asked questions and if this was asked, I couldn't find it.

Before the site transfer, we had that lovely Hosted Project landing page where you could see every Hosted Project you're a member of. It was a terrific one-stop shop where you could easily glance in and see if there's been a new post anywhere.

If that functionality still exists, I don't know how to find it. 'Watched threads' sadly doesn't get me there because it jumbles all the threads of all the RPs I'm in together, and doesn't help me spot one that hasn't been posted on in a while. 'Watched forums'...I'm not even sure what it's for. Do Hosted Projects count as Forums that you can watch? And Bookmark seems to be post-specific, which is handy for character sheets but not a ton else that I can see.

What am I doing wrong? How do other people organize and track what they're in? Any guidance would be very helpful for me. :)

The function you mention does not exist anymore. HPs do count as forums. Yes, you can watch them. :)

Most of the roleplays I am in are thread based. I use the bookmark feature. I follow the HP forum I am in and I also bookmark the main IC thread for tracking.

Thanks for the rapid response! I...guess I'll experiment with watching forums and see if I can recreate even partially what I used to have. Notifications alone just aren't doing the job.

If anyone else has any tips on how they organize their RP participation, speak up! :)

You could always create a private workshop thread and list all of your roleplays there. Bookmark the thread, and boom, one stop shop. :3

I "Watch" the Roleplay area of the HPs I'm in. For some reason you can't "Watch" the HP forum itself (I expect that will change as HPs get sorted out), but that at least gets me a nice list of them all.

Now I'm also in a non-HP RP (thanks Muse, it's all your fault!) and I have the main RP thread for that one bookmarked as a Quick Link so that it's on the dropdown when I hover over Bookmarks.

I'm continuing to experiment! I will say, it'd be nice if the site is looking for future features if you added that landing page or something like it back. The one thing my best efforts can't do is give me a list that shows me what's updated and what hasn't. I still need to manually open and search through each RP just in case there's been an update there. Which...isn't the end of the world but when you're short on time, it's nice if you can just go instantly to wherever needs attention.

Anyway, thanks for all the help! :)

Another method to keep track of all your roleplays is by having hyperlinks to them in your signature. Like how Musician's signature appears. This would be a public method of keeping track of them, but since your signature pops up for each post you do it'd be a constant reminder of what roleplays you are in.

My biggest issue with Watched Threads is that it mixes every thread I've ever posted on it into one pool. There's no sorting by category. Ideally, I'd like to be able to glance over my list of roleplays, see what's new in each and figure out if it's endless OCC chatter (which I can read later since it'll likely continue) or if it's IC action (in which case yay, read and reply!).

I used to do the signature trick until I hit the character limit, I think.

I'm experimenting with an index in my Private Workshop, bookmarked and saved as the first link to go to. It still won't tell me what's new so I have to click through every RP I'm in just in case there's new content. But it's the best I can do (and again, appreciate the excellent idea Musician!). It'd help if Notifications were more reliable but even if they were, there's no sorting in there either so on a busy day I still need to pop into each individual RP just to see if there's new IC content or not.

Guess I should just soldier on. :)

used to do the signature trick until I hit the character limit, I think.
You can have up to five lines of text. ^^ There is not set amount of characters. With the size of the font that I am using, I could be in 10 roleplays and still have space. XD But yeah, it doesn't solve your need to see what you would like to check. Understandable.

Wait, you mean I'll have to keep checking on my RPs when all you folks have given me is handy tools like Notifications and Watched Threads? Next thing I know, you'll be telling me I have to walk instead of be carried everywhere! ;)

In all seriousness, RpNation's got some pretty nice functionality as it is. It would make my life easier (and probably others as well) if there was a landing page that showed last update (and preferably IC vs. OOC) but that's very much a nice-to-have, not a need-to-have.

Thanks for keeping the place classy and awesome, Admins, Mods and Staff. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back