• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy How are Legends Born?

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
There is no long ago. There are no heroes of ages past, no tales of any kind. History is being made today.

Writing and language are artforms that have only just now been created and experimented with. Magic, too, is a newly discovered art. Only in its elementary phase, its power is limited only by the wielder's imagination. As such it is strongest in the hands of deep thinkers. Homes are but rudimentary tents or mud huts. Many people remain nomadic in order to keep up with the herds of meaty animals. Most writing only consists of religion, and many are told to pray to Armok, God of Blood, lest he recreate the world on his anvil.

Service to Armok requires the slaying of nonsentient beasts, as well as mighty and powerful monsters. And sentients. Especially Elves. Conflict must be maintained, or else the world we live in will cease to exist.

A solution to this problem was conceived by one Human, who shared with swiftness to his fellow Human and Dwarven brothers and sisters: what if they had an awe-inspiring tale of a sentient being? They could write of their exploits, and offer the story to Armok! And so the violent people's began to clamor and train their hand, wondering and wishing who would be Armok's Champion.
It seems like every fantasy setting has a past, filled with legendary heroes and tales of their exploits. But what if there was no recognizable past? Only the present and the future
In this Roleplay, your character and possibly others are joining up (or squaring off,) to become one of the first historical figures in sentient history, the only way the people of the past knew how: violent murder of things vastly stronger than yourself.

I'm having a hard time grasping who we're actually going to be playing as. It sounds like we're going to be basically the first homosapiens(people), cavemen, who have encountered a bloody god that has ordered them to fight and slay monsters larger than themselves. We're not taking the role of being in settled societies with agriculture,but instead we're taking the role of people with cave paintings and the like?

Sorry if I'm a little rigid in how I see things since it seems wierd for a completely nomadic tribe to have records of a god, written records. Yet they're not even settled down so they can discover and make paper and ink lol.

But this sounds cool and I'm pretty sure that it's right up my alley. But I need some stuff clarified before asking to join.

I'm having a hard time grasping who we're actually going to be playing as. It sounds like we're going to be basically the first homosapiens(people), cavemen, who have encountered a bloody god that has ordered them to fight and slay monsters larger than themselves. We're not taking the role of being in settled societies with agriculture,but instead we're taking the role of people with cave paintings and the like?

Sorry if I'm a little rigid in how I see things since it seems wierd for a completely nomadic tribe to have records of a god, written records. Yet they're not even settled down so they can discover and make paper and ink lol.

But this sounds cool and I'm pretty sure that it's right up my alley. But I need some stuff clarified before asking to join.

There are actually three "civilized" races in this setting.

Humans, whom Armok made from Clay. They are stereotyped as being unhealthily ambitious and intrusive.

Dwarves, whom Armok forged from Magma. Known only by their xenophobia and alcoholism.

And the Elves, whose only known exposure indicates that they cannibalize the dead and despise the harming of nature. Nearly all Human-Elf and Dwarf-Elf relations end in violence instigated by the Elves over what Humans and Dwarves do to trees.

Of course those are only exaggerated accounts of their cultures. Except the Elven cannibalism. That's real. I can expand more upon their cultures if you'd like.

As for how society works in this point in time? Yeah, it is mostly nomadic tribes of hunter-gatherers, cave people and the like, who write upon cave walls and buffalo skin. Whose to say you could be one of the first to try settling and farming? Build a fortress to keep savages out? Begin conducting formal trades?

That's a bummer, there are already settled societies. Well I'll at least try as it does sound like something I could still get into. There's gonna be magic right? Cavemen pioneering magics sounds fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back