Viewpoint How accepted is it here for a Male RPer to RP a female character?

Personally I have never done it simply due to the fact it is a very sensitive subject, but if it was to be done then all parties involved should be in mutual agreement.
Yeah doubly agreed yikes. I don't write rape at all, it's far too horrible a subject and I don't think I could ever write out the trauma involved or encompass the severity of it. That's just a whole lot of nope from me. I've also written some dark subjects, but that's one line I wont cross, and someone taking agency away from your character is never acceptable in roleplay as far as I'm concerned. It's collaborative storytelling, not, "Do what I want for my needs".

Yeah. I give leeway to a degree in a scene to allow my partner to do or control my character. However, exacting that sort of scene without warning is a nope. I have never had it happen in a PBP roleplay, it's a totally different environment, but I've heard the horror stories.

Consent is key in any sfw / nsfw setting imho. I'll RP rape if it's discussed in detail prior and we agree on the terms of the scene; what will and won't happen and the state of the aftermath. I don't always RP the repercussions, sometimes I want to RP a fantasy not reality and that is okay because those where the terms my partner and I agreed on. I don't think anyone should RP any form of kink without laying down some terms prior. It's just healthy.

Yeah. I give leeway to a degree in a scene to allow my partner to do or control my character. However, exacting that sort of scene without warning is a nope. I have never had it happen in a PBP roleplay, it's a totally different environment, but I've heard the horror stories.

Consent is key in any sfw / nsfw setting imho. I'll RP rape if it's discussed in detail prior and we agree on the terms of the scene; what will and won't happen and the state of the aftermath. I don't always RP the repercussions, sometimes I want to RP a fantasy not reality and that is okay because those where the terms my partner and I agreed on. I don't think anyone should RP any form of kink without laying down some terms prior. It's just healthy.

Goes for any sensitive content really. I make it very clear in my interest checks that I am open to playing out darker themes, but like most I would expect there to be some sort of communication going on.

That reminds me of someone who messaged me about role playing and they basically sent a two page description of how hot my character was and how she totally had the hots for their not conventionally attractive male character.

And I was like .... well you have painted a very thorough picture of her appearance but I would rather create my own character. Thanks for your interest.

Um ... wow. At least objectify your own character, guy, if you're doing that. XD

I think you're being awfully generous with your percentages. I was thinking more like 62.3%

In some places and times past it was more like 0.3% but times really have changed. XD

Basically,

Is it fine for a male to rp a female character? Yes, it is.

Is it fine to objectify female character and be creepy? This is where problems start. XD

Being creepy and abusive and controlling your partner's characters without consent (more than the partner is comfortable with) is wrong regardless of player/character genders.

Now I can only speak for myself, but anybody can RP with me if they got a solid plot. Yes, there are some things I won't do (*cough cough* rape *cOuGh CoUgH*), but generally speaking I'm open to quite a bit.
As for characters, this is a tricky one. In my experience I tend to get pretty into character - being a drama student for several years will do that to you lmao - and all of my characters have at least a little connection to my personality, for better or for worse. Now, this is not to say all of my characters are based on me - no no, I'm terribly dull. All of my characters have even just one personality trait, quirk, or flaw that I can personally relate to. I find that this makes it MUCH easier to play these characters.
And finally, I'm sure someone has said this before, but I don't really notice or care what my RPing partner is playing as long as it makes sense to the plot. Random male playing a female character? If she's well developed and fits the story, I'm all for it! Random female playing a male character? So long as he isn't always thinking with what's between his legs, I'm all ears!
...I've wandered off topic haven't I.
ANYWAY! Generally all characters are accepted on this site, from what I can tell. So long as your character is thought out, and an actually developed character, I'm sure anything will float.

In my experience, writer gender and character gender are completely unrelated. Before I started roleplaying, I did a lot of solo writing. I wrote my own stories, sometimes original content, sometimes fanfiction, it doesn't really matter. But when you're solo writing, you kind of have to roleplay both genders, unless you want an entire story with only characters of your own gender.

From my point of view, at their core, genders don't define what the character is, it's just one of the many traits that comprises the character. Each character I make is, at its core, their own person, with their own personality, their own interests, their own likes and dislikes. So I really don't see any problem in roleplaying either gender. This is specially important for roleplayers like me who love to have a lot of characters. It would be very awkward to have a bunch of side characters, but have every single one of them be male.

I can understand the point that some people only feel comfortable playing characters that are a lot like them. In fact many of the character types I roleplay the most are similar to me in one or another way. But with my background in solo writing for years, I've learned to be open to roleplaying different personalities, different personalities, and both genders.

The problem with some people is that when roleplaying the opposite gender, they define their character by the gender, and thus end up making a pretty bland and stereotypical character who doesn't have much personality, and is basically a combination of stereotypes. That, or they focus too much on the character appearance and make that the only thing that stands out, which to be honest, is off-putting. When I was learning about writing, I remember a phrase I heard once about being a male writing a female character: "Don't write a female who happens to be a character, write a character who happens to be female." The same rules apply, build your character from the same foundation, their core personality traits, their motivations and goals, figure out all that stuff first. Define who they are by their personality and core traits, not by their gender. Once that is accomplished, then the characters will come to life.

I consider myself fortunate that I haven't encountered any of the people who like to RP creepier things in all my years of RPing. And well, I can see the argument for why some people would be uncomfortable roleplaying with someone that's a certain gender. For example, as it was already mentioned, someone's spouse might not be comfortable with them writing with someone of the opposite gender. I can also understand that some people have had really bad experiences with roleplaying certain people. I would be very careful as well if I had sour experiences like that. I'm 100% family friendly, and trust me, some potential RP partners have decided to leave because I don't like RPing angst or dark themes in general. But that's a discussion of its own.

I guess the bottom line is: In my personal opinion, you can roleplay any character you want, no matter your gender. From a young age I've learned to dissociate myself from my characters. I'm a straight male, but I have no problems with writing a female in a romantic pairing. In the end of the day, I'm writing a story, and what character I roleplay doesn't need to have any connection with who I am. Part of the fun of story-writing is that you get to write people other than yourself. I feel I would be a lot more limited in my writing if I could only write self-inserts. As long as both me and my partner are enjoying the story, neither of us feels uncomfortable with what we're writing, and we're not breaking any rules, it's all good in my book.

I don’t know if it’s been said on this particular thread but I also think 99% of the issue is tied up in physical attraction and sexuality. As you very rarely see people make a big deal about gender outside of pairing specific roleplays.

It’s usually something to the effect of - I am looking for X/X pairings and I want to play Y gender.

So I think a lot of it is people find it uncomfortable to write outside their own sexuality and that’s why they stick to their own gender. As the same kind of people who only play their own gender are far more likely to play heterosexual pairings. (Or if they play homosexual relationships it’s where both characters are their own specific gender)

I don’t know if it’s been said on this particular thread but I also think 99% of the issue is tied up in physical attraction and sexuality. As you very rarely see people make a big deal about gender outside of pairing specific roleplays.

It’s usually something to the effect of - I am looking for X/X pairings and I want to play Y gender.

So I think a lot of it is people find it uncomfortable to write outside their own sexuality and that’s why they stick to their own gender. As the same kind of people who only play their own gender are far more likely to play heterosexual pairings. (Or if they play homosexual relationships it’s where both characters are their own specific gender)
Yes, that does make a lot of sense. I've had quite a few RP partners who actually didn't mind which gender they played as long as the other person would play their preferred gender, so I can definitely see that connection with a person's sexuality.

In my personal case, I really don't mind RPing either gender, but I only play heterosexual pairings, as they're the only pairings I feel comfortable roleplaying. I guess at the end of the day, the thing that determines what a person will play or not depends on what they're comfortable with. It's the same thing as with any other aspect of the roleplay. I don't enjoy writing roleplays that are predominantly grim and dark, but people who do like writing that have no trouble with it.

But yeah, I don't mind what gender my roleplay partner is. Whether they're the same gender as their character or not, to be honest a lot of times I don't even know, and I'm ok with that. If our writing styles mesh well together and we're both having fun, that's what counts in my opinion.

Ahh, I remember when I was introduced to that stigma back in the day. I thought, 'Yeah, I can see on how it might be weird for a guy to play a female character'. I stopped, took a good look at myself and remembered I was writing a male character myself. I am female!

When I roleplayed in Guild Wars 2 I helped run a group for 3+ years with two writers who were both straight males playing fleshed-out and compelling straight female characters (not that romance plots really came up within our group). Whatever misconceptions I had before about males writing female were completely divorced from my mind after I made the decision to run that group with them.

Even I've had my own unfortunate experiences with past RP partners but I wouldn't boil it down to single gender; more a personality type or situation I allowed myself to get into because I didn't have the foresight back then to get out of it sooner. Honest communication and respect really is the foundation for a great roleplaying partnership, or so I believe. It's important to remember this is a hobby for many of us and that we're aligned with a singular passion for storytelling. In my opinion sex shouldn't matter and in an ideal world, it never will.

Ahh, I remember when I was introduced to that stigma back in the day. I thought, 'Yeah, I can see on how it might be weird for a guy to play a female character'. I stopped, took a good look at myself and remembered I was writing a male character myself. I am female!

When I roleplayed in Guild Wars 2 I helped run a group for 3+ years with two writers who were both straight males playing fleshed-out and compelling straight female characters (not that romance plots really came up within our group). Whatever misconceptions I had before about males writing female were completely divorced from my mind after I made the decision to run that group with them.

Even I've had my own unfortunate experiences with past RP partners but I wouldn't boil it down to single gender; more a personality type or situation I allowed myself to get into because I didn't have the foresight back then to get out of it sooner. Honest communication and respect really is the foundation for a great roleplaying partnership, or so I believe. It's important to remember this is a hobby for many of us and that we're aligned with a singular passion for storytelling. In my opinion sex shouldn't matter and in an ideal world, it never will.
I completely agree with this. Problems and bad experiences with past RP partners don't boil down to gender. Honestly, you can find bad RP partners of both genders, it's more about being able to have effective communication and respect, as well as knowing when to leave if your RP partner starts doing things you're not ok with.

Preface before I get into this, I personally do not think there is anything wrong with not wanting to RP with a guy RPing a female character for reasons I'll explain later. In no way is this a guilting thread, rather me probing for general community opinion.

So, hi! I'm Zef the Owl and I'm new here. Despite this fact, I'm far from new to RP. I've Roleplayed for over 20 years, starting back in the AOL Dial Up days. Thats not to toot my own horn I'm still a rubbish RPer, my point is more over time I've come to adore writing and exploring many different characters and their troubles and woes, I live by the Stephen King quote;

"Kill your darlings, kill your darlings, even when it breaks your egocentric little scribbler’s heart, kill your darlings."

So I have a deep dissociation with my characters. I am not my character, I am the one who has made them, pat them on the back and told them to march forth into the narrative, and I will be the one who sets that Narrative on fire making life horrid and lovely so that they grow as characters. As a result, I dont care what I play, male, female, robot, all romantic orientations even if it doesnt match mine, doesnt matter.

However across many RP hubs I've been turned down when offering to play a female character. "Female RPers only please" is a phrase I'm familiar with by now. I understand why, everyone enjoys RP differently and my dissociation isnt the norm. Many make a self insert or put themselves in the shoes of their characters, which in turn causes them to feel their partner is the same. There is nothing wrong with this, we all enjoy writing for our own reasons and in our own way, my number one rule is fun comes first, and if its an RP someone isnt enjoying it shouldnt be done.

I havent seen much of anyone putting the "Only Female RPers playing female characters please" tags in their request threads, but I didnt want to go assuming. So instead I figured I'd ask peoples general opinions to gauge insight on the overall communities thoughts, given every community I've hopped into has had different overall opinions.

Again, no wrong answers here in my humble opinion, I just wanted a gauge before I stumble into someones RP request and get pointed back out the door because I'm trying to find my goofy elf girl a good fantasy RP home.

Thanks for your time.
Personally, I am the same way. I have a very deep disconnect between me and my characters, they are playthings born of my imagination. I love them, and I sometimes put in identifying traits with them, but overall the characters are not me. They will be angry, or have mental illness, theyll be straight/gay/ace/whatever else I desire. Theyll be human/supernatural/animal/whatever suits the rp I'm in or story I'm writing. And yes, I rp male and female characters. I've never personally run into someone who felt it an issue for male rp-ers to rp female characters, but it is interesting to see it.

I am not sure of what other people experience on this fourm. I am sure that there are certainly male writers here that can strongly portray female characters; some better than others. I am also sure that there are female writers here that can strongly portray male characters; some better than others. It all comes down to preference. I for one however, do not find it an issue at all if a male writer RP's a female character or vice versa. For me personally, I feel that it is perfectly acceptable. Writing is a freedom of expression, and nothing should hinder that. As long as a person's depiction of a specific gender does not feel contrived or overly steeped in stereotypes, then you are good to go. I could never place a limitation on someone's ability to write as whomever they wished.

I’ve never had a problem with this. Of course, I’d be the most comfortable playing my own gender, but it’s not completely foreign or alien to me to write from a female perspective.

I can draw from real life because I grew up only with sisters so I can observe their behaviour and know how to communicate in the way that they do. I have a lot of girls who are friends of mine as well. I can feel myself switching the way I communicate between men and women. It’s like being a comedian and knowing your audience.

Overall, I’ve never seen gender as a hurdle for RP but rather just something to explore. Male, Female, LGBTQ are just labels. We’re all people experiencing life at the end of the day. So to me, it’s just people writing about people.

One solution to this is that you could write in third-person instead of in first-person, so you don't have to take things too personally.

I think the problem is that you're getting too emotional about these things. You may have a scruple with these things, thinking it is wrong for a man to write about a woman, and so we won't force you to do that. That isn't right. Or maybe if you had a previous experience that left convinced you to be on your guard, you have a right to defend yourself. With that said, just focus on the story at hand. If you can't do it, then don't! There is a way for a man to write of a knight in shining armor and of the lady he serves, or of the knight's squire and his little son living in the castle. If you are being too emotional, you have to recognize the problem, that's how you first come to deal with it. And it isn't easy, I've been in my own shoes and I think that's hard enough, now put me in your shoes and I might have more than enough. I don't know why you are the way you are.

Perhaps another one of your problems is that you can't write with honor! I write playfully, so don't take offense. Take things seriously here and you might think I'm challenging you to a fight or something.

When writing a woman, think not of her feelings but of what she is in life. For life consists more than just emotions, but it also has pain and even demands sacrifice. It seems obvious, but in this age where so many traditions are under attack and many even think themselves superior to these (as if they thought it were better if they didn't exist!) it is too easy to forget. I could go on about this and so I will without apology. I take pride in tradition, you see. In fact, I am so proud of tradition, I am proud of it even when tradition isn't what is discussed in the first place. Don't be fooled when people try not to step on your feelings. They will eventually when they have to. Suffering's a part of life. Do not deny it. At least suffer doing what is right and not what people think is right. There is good and evil, you know. And there is a great battle taking place while many men are asleep. You may be one of those sleeping now and I can't blame you for that. Not many people get told what's going on.

There is much to a woman. I can't answer this sufficiently myself, so I will direct you to article which I hope will find helpful.

Overall, I’ve never seen gender as a hurdle for RP but rather just something to explore. Male, Female, LGBTQ are just labels. We’re all people experiencing life at the end of the day. So to me, it’s just people writing about people.

Those aren't labels, they're part of who we are and what role is given to us in this life. A man is not just a male, but he is a father to his children, a son to his mother. A woman is not just female but a wife to her husband or a nun who has devoted her life to God. Indeed, we are writing about people, so do not forget how important are the things given to us. And do not take my words lightly, for I say to you, that if you forget what you are then there's nothing much you can understand of things, can you? How can a man care for his children, if he is not the father? And a father is not merely the breadwinner of the family, but also the protector? The man who builds his children, by feeding them physically and also nurturing them spiritually by teaching them the doctrines of the Church? What kind of father does not care for his own children? Has not such a father done evil in your sight? How can a man even be born without a mother? Do not argue with me, or even think of arguing with me!

Take away a father, a son, a wife away and you've taken away something people have been for their entire lives. This is no label. This is the will of God! And the things we do, every thing we do, will be judged. So let us take care to do good in this life while we still can and avoid doing evil. You seem to not even know these, so I had to explain them. Don't take us to the level of animals who cannot think at all, we are not dogs but men made in the image of God.

A soldier is he not fierce in battle? Courageous in danger? Obedient to death?

Does not a farmer harvest the fruits of the earth?

Or a shepherd protect his flock in the face of wolves and lions?

Wolves, do they not devour their prey?

Lions even eat the flesh of men.

The fruits of the earth have taste.

Sweet and bitter are they.

One solution to this is that you could write in third-person instead of in first-person, so you don't have to take things too personally.

I think the problem is that you're getting too emotional about these things. You may have a scruple with these things, thinking it is wrong for a man to write about a woman, and so we won't force you to do that. That isn't right. Or maybe if you had a previous experience that left convinced you to be on your guard, you have a right to defend yourself. With that said, just focus on the story at hand. If you can't do it, then don't! There is a way for a man to write of a knight in shining armor and of the lady he serves, or of the knight's squire and his little son living in the castle. If you are being too emotional, you have to recognize the problem, that's how you first come to deal with it. And it isn't easy, I've been in my own shoes and I think that's hard enough, now put me in your shoes and I might have more than enough. I don't know why you are the way you are.

Perhaps another one of your problems is that you can't write with honor! I write playfully, so don't take offense. Take things seriously here and you might think I'm challenging you to a fight or something.

When writing a woman, think not of her feelings but of what she is in life. For life consists more than just emotions, but it also has pain and even demands sacrifice. It seems obvious, but in this age where so many traditions are under attack and many even think themselves superior to these (as if they thought it were better if they didn't exist!) it is too easy to forget. I could go on about this and so I will without apology. I take pride in tradition, you see. In fact, I am so proud of tradition, I am proud of it even when tradition isn't what is discussed in the first place. Don't be fooled when people try not to step on your feelings. They will eventually when they have to. Suffering's a part of life. Do not deny it. At least suffer doing what is right and not what people think is right. There is good and evil, you know. And there is a great battle taking place while many men are asleep. You may be one of those sleeping now and I can't blame you for that. Not many people get told what's going on.

There is much to a woman. I can't answer this sufficiently myself, so I will direct you to article which I hope will find helpful.

Those aren't labels, they're part of who we are and what role is given to us in this life. A man is not just a male, but he is a father to his children, a son to his mother. A woman is not just female but a wife to her husband or a nun who has devoted her life to God. Indeed, we are writing about people, so do not forget how important are the things given to us. And do not take my words lightly, for I say to you, that if you forget what you are then there's nothing much you can understand of things, can you? How can a man care for his children, if he is not the father? And a father is not merely the breadwinner of the family, but also the protector? The man who builds his children, by feeding them physically and also nurturing them spiritually by teaching them the doctrines of the Church? What kind of father does not care for his own children? Has not such a father done evil in your sight? How can a man even be born without a mother? Do not argue with me, or even think of arguing with me!

Take away a father, a son, a wife away and you've taken away something people have been for their entire lives. This is no label. This is the will of God! And the things we do, every thing we do, will be judged. So let us take care to do good in this life while we still can and avoid doing evil. You seem to not even know these, so I had to explain them. Don't take us to the level of animals who cannot think at all, we are not dogs but men made in the image of God.

A soldier is he not fierce in battle? Courageous in danger? Obedient to death?

Does not a farmer harvest the fruits of the earth?

Or a shepherd protect his flock in the face of wolves and lions?

Wolves, do they not devour their prey?

Lions even eat the flesh of men.

The fruits of the earth have taste.

Sweet and bitter are they.

The problems with labelling is that they’re limiting. These things do not define an individual. Just because a person is female doesn’t mean that she can’t take on the role of a breadwinner. It’s why I argue that labels are what you make of them. At the end of the day, each individual is more than what they’re labelled as.

Labels are an oversimplification. Yes, they can be helpful in organizing society, but operating on a basis of strict adherence to labels doesn’t give way to individual liberties.

The problems with labelling is that they’re limiting. These things do not define an individual. Just because a person is female doesn’t mean that she can’t take on the role of a breadwinner. It’s why I argue that labels are what you make of them. At the end of the day, each individual is more than what they’re labelled as.

I don't mean to insult you if that's what you're getting at. But if you're a male, you better act like a man, for that is what you are. And the same goes for the female, for she is a woman. You must use what you are given, is all I'm saying. You can't deny what's before your eyes, for if you can't see things that are evident, well, how can you find sense in anything? There is a proper order to things and we know it, deep down, so you beating around the bush saying its wrong for me to point out reality won't help. I will say this, that not every situation is the same, so one must use their judgment in such matters and obey authority.

EDIT: What is a woman that acts like a man? Is she ashamed of herself?

And a man that acts like a woman? That man brings shame upon himself!

Can't a man act like a man? And a woman a woman?

Labels are an oversimplification. Yes, they can be helpful in organizing society, but operating on a basis of strict adherence to labels doesn’t give way to individual liberties.

To that, I don't deny that people can decide things for themselves. But there is still a point where you take things too far.

Last edited:
I don't mean to insult you if that's what you're getting at. But if you're a male, you better act like a man, for that is what you are. And the same goes for the female, for she is a woman. You must use what you are given, is all I'm saying. You can't deny what's before your eyes, for if you can't see things that are evident, well, how can you find sense in anything? There is a proper order to things and we know it, deep down, so you beating around the bush saying its wrong for me to point out reality won't help. I will say this, that not every situation is the same, so one must use their judgment in such matters and obey authority.

I think you’re reading into this too much. Labels are just words. They don’t mold an individual’s actions. I’d argue that experiences do.

And while I understand where you’re coming from - a traditional and conservative perspective. I agree to disagree. I don’t think people need to fit themselves into a mold to exist and live.

I think you’re reading into this too much. Labels are just words. They don’t mold an individual’s actions. I’d argue that experiences do.

And while I understand where you’re coming from - a traditional and conservative perspective. I agree to disagree. I don’t think people need to fit themselves into a mold to exist and live.

I think I understand. When you speak of labels, you must mean you speak of words without meaning. But there is meaning to a man, or a woman... or that of a soldier... or a mother. Do you expect mothers to fight the field of battle? Or do you expect soldiers to stay at home caring for their children as the country is invaded by foreigners! Words carry meaning and power. They show what a man did, they reveal what a man is and they can force him to do things he would rather not do. Don't you know there are men that take their oaths seriously? What kind of man breaks his oaths?

So, you are a liberal? A true liberal that believes in freedom? So much so that you would die for my rights?

I think I understand. When you speak of labels, you must mean you speak of words without meaning. But there is meaning to a man, or a woman... or that of a soldier... or a mother. Do you expect mothers to fight the field of battle? Or do you expect soldiers to stay at home caring for their children as the country is invaded by foreigners! Words carry meaning and power. They show what a man did, they reveal what a man is and they can force him to do things he would rather not do. Don't you know there are men that take their oaths seriously? What kind of man breaks his oaths?

So, you are a liberal? A true liberal that believes in freedom? So much so that you would die for my rights?

I think your view is stuck in the past. Women and mothers have gone to war. There are fathers who chose to stay at home with their children while their partner’s work. Those traditional values that you are trying to impose aren’t quite aligned with the world today. And I would say that it may even be hurtful and invalidates the experiences of others who have lived differently from your own personal values.

There’s value/significance in words, I understand. But they don’t compare to experience. It’s why people find it difficult to quantify their emotions. People are afraid of uncertainty and they choose to label things to belong instead of simply just being.

I will excuse myself from this conversation. I don’t see the point in continuing as it seems you are using the same examples and it’s becoming repetitive.

I appreciate you sharing your opinion. But as I said, I agree to disagree.

I think your view is stuck in the past. Women and mothers have gone to war. There are fathers who chose to stay at home with their children while their partner’s work. Those traditional values that you are trying to impose aren’t quite aligned with the world today. And I would say that it may even be hurtful and invalidates the experiences of others who have lived differently from your own personal values.

There’s value/significance in words, I understand. But they don’t compare to experience. It’s why people find it difficult to quantify their emotions. People are afraid of uncertainty and they choose to label things to belong instead of simply just being.

I will excuse myself from this conversation. I don’t see the point in continuing as it seems you are using the same examples and it’s becoming repetitive.

I appreciate you sharing your opinion. But as I said, I agree to disagree.

You say I'm stuck in the past, but things have always been this way. This is just the norm of things and I acknowledge there are exceptions. So, to test you, I will ask one more question. So, should all women go to war while all the men stay at home?

Yes, that much is evident, given the amount of effort the leftists invested into destroying traditions. It took a long time.

I would say that you must set your emotions aside and do what you are supposed to do (though I must also admit that I don't always do the things I'm supposed to do). But I must say that your way of thinking is false, you've allowed yourself to be deceived. So much so that you pass this lie to others. Perverting your intellect will not help you accept reality. It's like going out of the house or taking things in stride, you just accept things. And if you must accept things, it is things that are true. You can't call a bus a rocket launcher (as astonishing as that is) or a picture a piano or a guitar a curtain. A spade is a spade. Will we argue semantics?

You left! How will you learn? Listen even when it hurts. I promise you that you'll learn why you suffer. You have my word.

I mean, tradition is little more than constructed, regimented nostalgia and nostalgia is always a distortion of how the past really was with all the rose tinted glasses. Any conscious attempt to recreate tradition fails as the good ol days are always expressed most powerfully as subconscious rather than an adherence to some romanticized idea. Oh well, guess we'll just have to survive and adapt as is our species' evolved predisposition; tradition isn't good or bad but we shouldn't be that attached to it for its own sake.

Anyways, there are whole discord servers that are 90% dudes roleplaying as women. As it turns out, anyone is anything on the internet and after a while, nobody really gives a shit and truthfully, I don't see a need to. If you're rping them shittily, then I personally feel that's more of an issue of you kind of sucking at RPing.

You say I'm stuck in the past, but things have always been this way. This is just the norm of things and I acknowledge there are exceptions. So, to test you, I will ask one more question. So, should all women go to war while all the men stay at home?

Yes, that much is evident, given the amount of effort the leftists invested into destroying traditions. It took a long time.

I would say that you must set your emotions aside and do what you are supposed to do (though I must also admit that I don't always do the things I'm supposed to do). But I must say that your way of thinking is false, you've allowed yourself to be deceived. So much so that you pass this lie to others. Perverting your intellect will not help you accept reality. It's like going out of the house or taking things in stride, you just accept things. And if you must accept things, it is things that are true. You can't call a bus a rocket launcher (as astonishing as that is) or a picture a piano or a guitar a curtain. A spade is a spade. Will we argue semantics?

You left! How will you learn? Listen even when it hurts. I promise you that you'll learn why you suffer. You have my word.

I think it is you, sir, who may be living in delusion. You are twisting my words. I’m not approaching this from emotion. I’m simply stating facts.

I’m not trying to sway your opinion. I’m simply stating my own. With all due respect, I’m not a child looking for guidance. If you’d like to preach your words, you’re more than welcome to. But it’s not for me. With all due respect.

I think it is you, sir, who may be living in delusion. You are twisting my words. I’m not approaching this from emotion. I’m simply stating facts.

I’m not trying to sway your opinion. I’m simply stating my own. With all due respect, I’m not a child looking for guidance. If you’d like to preach your words, you’re more than welcome to. But it’s not for me. With all due respect.

Facts? Such as?

Can we take this to the PMs?

I mean, tradition is little more than constructed, regimented nostalgia and nostalgia is always a distortion of how the past really was with all the rose tinted glasses. Any conscious attempt to recreate tradition fails as the good ol days are always expressed most powerfully as subconscious rather than an adherence to some romanticized idea. Oh well, guess we'll just have to survive and adapt as is our species' evolved predisposition; tradition isn't good or bad but we shouldn't be that attached to it for its own sake.

Anyways, there are whole discord servers that are 90% dudes roleplaying as women. As it turns out, anyone is anything on the internet and after a while, nobody really gives a shit and truthfully, I don't see a need to. If you're rping them shittily, then I personally feel that's more of an issue of you kind of sucking at RPing.

Well, may you have a good time roleplaying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back