• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom How About An Episodic Star Trek Roleplay?

What Era do you want this Star Trek RP to be in?

• Pre-NX-01 Enterprise Era (Uncovered)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NX-01 Enterprise Era (Star Trek: Enterprise)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Romulan War (Star Trek: Enterprise)

• Post Romulan War (Uncovered)

• Discovery/Klingon War Era (ST:D)

• NCC-1701 Enterprise Era (TOS)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Post NCC-1701 Enterprise (Uncovered)

• Enterprise-D Era (TNG)

• Deep Space Nine/Dominion War Era (DS9)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Voyager Era or Post-Voyager (VOY)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
So far, we have a science officer and a security officer. Rather than niche stomp the science, I'm open to be a helmsman or ops or engineering for that matter, depending on who else joins. I guess I'll see what other concepts get posted.

If anyone takes helmsman, it's a rather quick way into the senior officers' circle, because there's no NPC in the Helmsman position. The idea is that although Helmsmen aren't senior officers, they're still incredibly important because they fly the ship - something you can't do without in any kind of mission, compared to say, a nurse, who can be done without though with some inconvenience.

Is there any position that would require diplomacy? I am unsure if everyone just takes their own guess or if there is a list of skills/areas of expertise to choose from.

Diplomacy in the Star Trek tradition seems to chiefly be done by senior officers. That said, I imagine the Sciences are probably where most of the diplomats get their start. If for no other reason than a scientist who studies language, culture, alien technology etc. is much more likely to have routine contact with non-Starfleet personnel (and thus require diplomatic ability) than an Ops or Security or Engineer for whom 99% of their core responsibilities don't involve routine contact.

If Troi is any indication, Counseling's a valid way to get into diplomacy too.

I was thinking along those lines, but wanted to avoid counseling, because my characters, much like myself, tend to be way too messed up to provide advice for anyone else.

Is there any position that would require diplomacy? I am unsure if everyone just takes their own guess or if there is a list of skills/areas of expertise to choose from.

Here's the thing with Vigilance... What's so special about it is that the crew is thrown together for combat situations at short notice, with no regards for long term mission goals. As such, a lot of the senior staff are poorly suited for diplomacy.

The captain is highly articulate, but belongs to a species infamous for their bloody history, same with the Chief Science Officer. The first officer is still suffering from his Borg experience, and still behaves a little like one. The others are trained for their department but diplomacy isn't their Forte.

Basically, yes, we could use someone who could do diplomacy... And Epiphany Epiphany hits the nail right on the head on what is required. You're either a counselor, a science officer, or someone who has training and education in it but hasn't rise in rank yet.

There's already a science officer, so tee former or last option is best.

I was thinking along those lines, but wanted to avoid counseling, because my characters, much like myself, tend to be way too messed up to provide advice for anyone else.

You can always be a junior officer with the training and education, but without a rank. It's incentive for the captain to bring you along.

You can always be a junior officer with the training and education, but without a rank. It's incentive for the captain to bring you along.
Well, what is better than a counsellor in training who is borderline crazy themselves... at least in this RP I can be sure I will always be more normal than the senior officers.

Well, what is better than a counsellor in training who is borderline crazy themselves... at least in this RP I can be sure I will always be more normal than the senior officers.

... Or you can think out of the box on this one. But counselor in training is interesting.

But yes, you're right, you can't be crazier than the senior staff lol. I failed to mention earlier that mental health is a problem, so they can't do diplomacy well because on that too.

Growing aggression with the Cardassians, Maquis on the rise, the Vigilance's sister ship gone missing and no one to spot fill. Bear in mind, Wolf 359 was like 4 years ago, right? They're still replacing officers and ships from that...

Growing aggression with the Cardassians, Maquis on the rise, the Vigilance's sister ship gone missing and no one to spot fill. Bear in mind, Wolf 359 was like 4 years ago, right? They're still replacing officers and ships from that...

Don't forget the Dominion, since this is set just after Voyager's disappearance. :)

Last edited:
So how did they even end up in command again? *whistles*

Also, think about it... As broken as those senior officers are, they're still assets when there's a war looming. The Kraekirans absolutely thrashed the Federation in the early days, the first officer was assimilated before and his experience with the Borg would be useful. The rest is where things become questionable, but it's not like they're incompetent. They're just not on top of the list.

Last edited:
I don´t personally see their relative disfunctionality as a negative. I love RPGs with weird characters, normal gets boring and then when I come up with something odd, others tend to try and tame it. :D

Hey guys, the RP is still open, and I believe we can take one or two more guys :) OOC, CS and IC pages are already up :)

*BUMP*

Captain, injuries are being reported on all decks!

Your 'random bump' just caused a lot of suffering :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back