• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy House Of Cards [Tarot inspired, player driven]

Go for THE WORLD, my friend.
Probably George Probably George
cf57c8be5b6f5fe0771ff82f0ecd07eb2d3677a0_hq.jpg

Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy

Well, I didn't mean anything by it - I was just clarifying if you meant I was still unclear when you said I "made it worse".

Lemme break it down first.

Every magician has a patron Arcana.

Physical Magic = Magic everyone can see. This includes magic beams, bolts, etc. This is very uncommon in the world of Asuphia and hard to learn, but it is possible to learn if someone dedicated themselves.
Common Magic = Magic only magicians can see. This usually comes in the form of auras, divination/fortune telling, and speaking to Arcana.

Now, Common Magic can only be used by magicians. It's not something everyone has. Let's break down the types of common magic.

Auras = Every magician has an aura. An aura is the pure magical energy that radiates from a magician and represents itself as a colour to another magician. Only magicians have auras, and only magicians can see auras.

Divination/Fortune Telling = Magicians can use their links to the Arcana to seek guidance. They can communicate with the Arcana through a tarot deck. Major Arcana can present themselves physically to any magician, as long as there is an aura from the deck user.
(Side note: Non magicians can use tarot decks too, but may not be accurate. Major Arcana also do not present themselves physically to non magicians)

Speaking to Arcana = Magicians can summon their Patron Arcana at any time and speak to them directly, even if across realms. Magicians can use an Arcana's respective charms to call forth an Arcana, even if not their patron.

I explained the use of charms in the CS, but I'll explain again.

Charms are magical items associated with certain Arcana. They are used to summon an Arcana, and only have an effect when used bh a magician.

Example:
Bob's patron Arcana is the Magician. The Magician's charms are pink ruby, rose quartz, and fox symbols. Because Bob is the benefactor of the Magician, he doesn't need the Magician's charms to summon the Magician.

But lets bring in Joe. His patron Arcana is the Chariot. If Joe wants to talk to the Magician, he needs to have a pink ruby, rose quartz, or fox symbol with him to be able to summon the Magician.

Side note: Major Arcana don't conform to the rules of magic and can use physical magic easily. All I said only affects magicians.

Probably George Probably George Reserving the World for you!

Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr Are the arcana like servants or guiding spirits for the magicians? It sounds like they're like servants from fate.

And what can be done with auras? You've mentioned they are magic energy and come from magicians and can only be seen by them. But what can one do with this aura if they are not communicating with tarot cards or physical magic. Can one use them to influence the actions of non magicians through enhanced persuasion or affect the growth of plants, or the waves of the ocean?

sorry ive been absent!! ive been all over the place these past two weeks but ill definitely have something up by the weekend!

Hello Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr this looks great and i see that you have said we cannot use ALL the arcana. But can i make 2? I want to make Strength & Justice as brothers who are quite close.

Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr Are the arcana like servants or guiding spirits for the magicians? It sounds like they're like servants from fate.

And what can be done with auras? You've mentioned they are magic energy and come from magicians and can only be seen by them. But what can one do with this aura if they are not communicating with tarot cards or physical magic. Can one use them to influence the actions of non magicians through enhanced persuasion or affect the growth of plants, or the waves of the ocean?

From what I've gathered from the information that's been given, aura doesn't appear to be a magical force, but more like an magical indicator? Like a litmus test of sorts. So you can probably read auras but you don't usually use it to perform the things that you've detailed. It seems more limited in usage. Is that right? Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr

Also, just for clarification, will the genre of this RP trend more towards political intrigue/mystery or fantasy action/adventure?

hosaki hosaki You're exactly right! The RP's genre is more towards fantasy action/mystery since it's all about the journey to uncover the truth while others try to set up or break down the firewalls that hide the truth.

Or be like Shiri the Hermit Tarot who doesn't like to deal with the liars.

Last edited:
Hello! I've just stumbled across this place and I would love to take on the role of the new king

Ladies and Gents, Arcana and Divinators, the King has arrived. Better get ya big boy pants on and buckle your seatbelts. :closed eyes open smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back