• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Infab

The Demon Fanatic
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

HOUNDS.png

Hounds is a cyberpunk RP based around the concepts and stylings of the anime and general scifi media of the 1980s and 1990s. It takes place on Earth in the mid-23rd century, which is currently in the midst of a third golden age of technology following two additional world wars. Also ongoing is a series of shadowy corporate wars. The RP would take place in New Los Angeles, built following the nuclear obliteration of most of Los Angeles during World War III, but could potentially take place elsewhere in following RPs should sequels be made.

The player group consists of convicts, outcasts, and volunteers who are recruited to be part of a formerly decommissioned branch of the New LA Metropolitan Police known as the NLAPD Special Response Unit 'Bloodhound'. The Hounds, as they're referred to commonly, were a group dedicated to dealing with extreme threats to the public as well as the city of New LA. The Hounds were originally disbanded due to the high mortality rate among its teams, and the general damage and destruction caused during their deployments. The unit is revived after a push from DynaCorp, a well known megacorporation on the western seaboard of the United Nations of North America (the UNNA), in an effort to combat the rising threats stemming from the ongoing corporate wars behind the scenes. Threats that your average SWAT team or police unit are unable to control or contain without calling for special assistance, such as terrorists, private military groups, rogue cyborgs and androids/robots, mutants, viral outbreaks, biological superweapons, and hostile AI.

As members of the Hounds, players will investigate crimes and other activity as well as combat extreme threats to the public and themselves. They'll also sort out their lives, and perhaps change for the better (or worse.) And who knows? Maybe they'll save New LA... and much more.

If you would like to join, just post here! There's enough room for 14 players. Once enough players have joined, I will create a thread where you can post your character profiles. You may have up to two characters, with one being your primary and one as your secondary in the event your primary is killed or you wish to swap out.

And if you have any questions, you can also ask here!​

Last edited:
Hey,I might be interested,but I might hold off on coming up with a character until I see what the others got and how I can fit in.

Alright, that's 11 with a possible 12th. Bumping it up to a solid 13 slots.

The thread for Character Sheets is here!

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this up suddenly,but will you be using an OOC thread on this site to coordinate things,or something offsite like Discord?

If it's the latter,I may have trouble being present.

Sorry to bring this up suddenly,but will you be using an OOC thread on this site to coordinate things,or something offsite like Discord?

If it's the latter,I may have trouble being present.
Intending to use Discord for OOC stuff

I'm confused, does that mean this is closed?

Yep. Not accepting any more people at the moment.

gonna get the character sheet up soon, was out for most of yesterday.

Yep. Not accepting any more people at the moment.
I'll withdraw so you can admit one more.
I like cyberpunk when it's a "not-to-distant-future" kind of genre. William Gibson and Cyberpunk 2030 kind of stuff. Once the bio-android killing machines show up, I'm out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back