• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
OP Post
  • Infab

The Demon Fanatic
    Roleplay Availability
    Roleplay Type(s)

HOUNDS.png

New Los Angeles. A shining beacon of civilization upon the western coast of the United Nations of North America. A center of trade and entertainment for the super-nation, the heart of the UNNA's technological advancements and wonders, and the home of a wide variety of people and cultures. Home also to several of the UNNA's massive megacorporations, their influence stretching far and wide across the super-nation and the world. Affecting the lives of billions in several ways.

Behind the scenes, however, crime is at an all-time high. In the wake of a fourth world war, and an ongoing shadowy corporate war, violence on the streets (and beneath) escalated to the point where the local police forces were overwhelmed. In an effort to curb some of the extreme violence, the NLAPD allied with Asano Technologies in 2218 and created the Special Response Unit code-named 'Bloodhound'. The unit, consisted of volunteers and convicts whom were offered chances to work off their sentences, was tasked with eliminating extreme threats to the public and city as a whole. Through their existence until 2233, they fought and eliminated several threats, but suffered from a high mortality rate in the process. Due to that, as well as the extensive collateral damage their battles often inflicted upon the city and people's lives, the group was disbanded by the NLAPD at the request of the then mayor of New LA.

Years passed, and the crime rate rose back to its previous state. Asano Technologies, now gone from the city, was replaced by powerhouse DynaCorp. DynaCorp, headed by Isabelle Thompson, saw that the threat of extreme violence was upon New LA once more and pushed to have the NLAPD reinstate the Bloodhound unit in order to combat it. The NLAPD outright refused, until the newly elected mayor of New LA was swayed by the megacorporation and pushed for it himself. Eventually, the NLAPD caved. The NLAPD and DynaCorp, working together to revive the unit, began to seek out personnel to function as the group's leadership. Jack M. Hayes, a former Bloodhound himself, was brought onboard after extensive talks. Named the commander of the unit, he was allowed to begin searching for new recruits to add to the four teams that make up the unit. Assisting him was Alice, a claywoman copy of the Isabelle's daughter and executive of DynaCorp Victoria Thompson, who was added to the roster of support personnel. She was also tasked to act as the face of the group for the public, as well as the lifeline between the unit and DynaCorp. An android named Rook from Tachyon Arms, a subsidiary of DynaCorp, was brought onboard to manage the equipment and weaponry of the unit as well.

This is the story of Charlie Team, one of the four teams of the Special Response Unit 'Bloodhound', and its many members in their efforts to curb the violence and threats facing the city of New LA in the year 2254. And who knows? Maybe they'll save the city. Maybe they'll change their own lives in the process. But there will be blood and death before the end, and only time will tell if everyone will survive the ordeal.

RULES
    1. Please, be nice.
    2. No power or metagaming. You have a lot of freedom and slack, but ultimately rolls determine if things happen.
    3. If you go inactive or drop, your character(s) will be under my control (and may potentially die.) If you let me know you're going to be inactive for a while and can pick back up later, I'll look after your character till you return.
    4. This is primarily a PvE game, but PvP can still potentially happen if its agreed upon by both parties and run by me.
    5. As GM, I'm god. New rules can be implemented on the fly. And try not to break any of RPNation's rules.

As GM, I control various NPCs in the story, but some may be controlled by players. All events will be under my direction. Feel free to throw ideas at your fellow players. I want you guys to have fun!

Last edited:
    Prologue

• PROLOGUE
    GUTTER CRUISERS

February 3rd, 2254
    Friday
    0800 Hours

"Jack, its time to wake up! You've got work to do! You can't keep hitting the snooze button!"

"Ten more minutes, Abby..."

"...Who's Abby?"

A moment passed, before Jack's eyes popped open at the realization of what he had said. "...Forget it. I'm getting up." he muttered, reaching down and pulling the white bed sheets covering him off to the side. As he sat up on the bed, the dim lights above slowly brightened. Bathing everything in a clean white light. Jack covered his eyes briefly, holding his hand over his face for a few moments, before slowly moving it and glancing towards the window. The blinds were shut at the moment, but the moment his feet touched the floor, they would open.

He grumbled, before swinging his legs over the side of the bed. One...Two...Three. He placed his toes on the cold wood floor, and the blinds quickly opened. Revealing a rather grand view of the skyline of downtown New Los Angeles. Cars zipped by, their flashy colors and lights gleaming as they reflected the sunlight. He could also hear sirens. Likely a NLAPD patrol car tailing someone. A common sound, at least in the downtown area.

"Good morning, Jack! The time is eight o'clock on this Friday, February the third! The weather is currently overcast, with temperatures at a comfortable sixty-eight degrees fahrenheit! Weather forecasts show a high chance of rain later this evening, so be sure to bring the proper clothing! Would you like to hear the current news headlines? Or would you like for me to provide something else?"

"The headlines." responded Jack as he stood from the bedside and began his morning rituals. Shaving, showering, sorting out the clothes for the day. As he wandered about the pristine apartment, the disembodied voice continued to speak. Reading off the new and important headlines ranging from local events to international. Very few of them really interested Jack, honestly, but it gave the virtual intelligence DynaCorp installed something to do. And it beat complete silence.

"Oh! Jack! You also have two messages! Would you like for me to play them for you?" said the perky female voice, once she had finished reading off the headlines. Jack glanced upwards towards the ceiling, as he paused tying his boots. "...Who are they from?" he asked. There was a brief pause, before the voice responded. "The first message is from Alice! The second is from Chief Richard Powell from the New Los Angeles Metropolitan Police! Seems important!"

"Play both." muttered Jack, resuming his tying of his boots. "Understood! Playing message one from Alice!" responded the voice, before an audible click was heard. And then, the voice of DynaCorp's claywoman plant was heard.

"Hey, Jack. By the time you hear this, I hope you're having a wonderful morning. I'm calling to let you know that we've secured a few more choice personnel to sift through and examine for potential recruitment into the Bloodhound unit. As I speak, the NLAPD and my employers are finishing up the necessary transfer paperwork. I will be forwarding the paperwork to you, and it should be waiting in your inbox for examination at your leisure. I will also be sending copies to Chief Powell as well. Once I am finished here at the
    federal penitentiary, I will return to the precinct and begin preparations for their arrival. I will see you when you arrive. Please, remember to eat a good breakfast before you come in!"

Another click sounded afterwards, and then the deep voice of the chief of the NLAPD sounded off.

"Morning, Jack. Got the paperwork from Alice, and I've been looking through it. The more of these I see, the more nervous I get about all of this. We're lookin' at mass murderers, terrorists, total psychopaths... and we're giving them a badge and putting them to work! I'm worried about how this will turn out in the long run, ya know? You remember how the first attempt went. You were there. Everything was fine until the body count started stacking as high as the damage scale. At least DynaCorp is giving us some reassurances regarding it all. Asano didn't, and we took most of the blame the first go around.

Anyway, wanted to also let you know that a few volunteers are heading over sometime today. Sure surprised the hell out of me, someone volunteering to join what's practically a suicide squad. Anyway, you'll be expecting
    Lieutenant Jacqueline Jones and Sergeant Sam Hanson. Take good care of Jacqui, alright? Girly doesn't know just what she's getting into. There's also some private investigator that's been lurking around headquarters, asking about the unit. Goes by the name Wyatt Hayes. Keep an eye out for him. Finally, DynaCorp sent over a document regarding one Héctor Tafalla. Some merc, I think. He'll be showing up at the precinct sometime soon."

"Copy Powell's message and send it to my tablet. Then, clear all messages." stated Jack after a moment, as he stood up. Today was the day Charlie Team got their first recruits. Alpha Team was full, and Bravo was almost completely filled. Delta would have to wait for another day. "Also, send Isabelle Thompson a message. Message is 'We're recruiting mercenaries now? Seems like something Artemis would do.'"

There was an audible chirp that sounded off, before the virtual intelligence spoke once more. "Message sent!"

Jack nodded to himself, before stepping over to a black metal desk at the end of the room. Draped across it was a long leather trench coat, which he took and slipped on before fishing out a pack of cigarettes. As he slipped one into his mouth and lit it, he looked back towards the ceiling. "I'm leaving now. If anyone calls, forward it to my tablet."

February 3rd, 2254
    Friday
    1000 Hours

"Alright, listen up! It's an hour till we arrive at the precinct. Stay in your fuckin' seats. You move, and these turrets up here will make sure you don't move ever again. Got it?" spat the heavily armored officer at the front of the transport, standing in the doorway of the large metal fence which separated the seating area of the convicts from the rest of the transport. "This is your ticket out of a prison cell or a death sentence. Don't fuck it up by getting antsy."

Sitting two seats away on the left side was a man by the name of David Underwood. His eyes were leveled on the armored officer, simply watching him as he faced forwards and sat perfectly still. His chains never making a sound as his hands sat in his lap, his feet pressed together. He had been one of the first selected by the DynaCorp representative for the Bloodhound program, the woman stating that his history of law enforcement would prove rather useful during his time with them. She also explained some of the program's details. Join up, and you would work off your prison sentence. And eventually, even get out of prison. Slate wiped clean, with a monetary grant and apartment from the company to start your life over.

What she didn't say was what the job actually was, beyond working with law enforcement. But David knew exactly what he was in for. The Bloodhounds unit, a literal suicide squad meant to fight the nasty shit that the police couldn't handle and the military didn't care enough about. Practically a SWAT team but with nastier weapons and huge chips on their shoulders. David didn't care, however. It was a chance to get out from behind bars, and back into the real world. And maybe find that son of a bitch that screwed him over in the end.

As the officer finished his rant, closing the gate in the fence and locking it before walking back up front, David glanced back to the other seats behind him. Some mutant, and a bunch of cyborgs and robots. Wonderful. He was the only true human of the group. Probably on the entire transport, knowing how cops tended to replace the parts that slowed them down. He wasn't a fan of the idea, mainly due to the cost and how much it all had to be tweaked and maintained over a lifetime.

As he looked about, however, a voice caught his attention. Directly in the seat behind him. "You're certainly a quiet one." said the female voice, before David finally noticed her face. A woman with dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, black square glasses, and a wide grin on her face now that he had seen her. On her jumpsuit, her name. Alley Reid. "Not much to talk about." he responded, before looking back forwards.

"Aw, come on. There's plenty to talk about now." she said as she sat forward a bit, "We're gonna be cops! Huge deal, ya know."

David grunted. "Not really. We'll be Bloodhounds. You know, the ones that usually end up dead after a while?"

Alley chuckled. "Eh, I have a feeling we'll survive." she said, before looking back at the others. "Hard to kill a pack of cyborgs and bots."

Back