• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Watching more suffering unfurl and writhe in a slough of spiked shards and wood splinters flooded guilt into the crevice where compassion used to be. Also most of his guts. "Not at all! You look...uh, good. Y-yeah, just fine."

Still hesitating, Glen swathed an injured comrade with support, shuddering when unexpected heat swept across his skin. Some of the steam emitted from rust-soaked tatters, but an inflamed epidermis was the main source. "Oh, you're so warm," he exerted queasy gasps, hiding discomfort with a dry chuckle. "Must be all the...blood running in those veins. It's not jelly yet either, th-that can't be normal, right?"

The next sensation a lifelong depressive could almost feel was liquid splashing over his scalp. "Didn't you hear me the first time?" Rachel snorted at the dull thud of an empty glass bouncing off an emptier skull. " Did your ears rot already? If he's so fevered, get some damn ice!"

Huffing giggles abrasive enough to cause rashes, the grief-mongering tramp waved a cocktail in front of a sloshed spitting image while her other distraction sighed and dropped a couple cubes into the drink. "Bet the poor priesty could've used another bracer!" she jeered, swilling the mixture in one swig before aiming her unblinking glare towards the ethereal mystery pianist. "Too bad last call's over. Also, who's the floozy?"

Last edited:
"Hello? I was supposed to be here to talk to a supervisor, but I think I got...a bit...holy green guacamole." A sweet Southern drawl echoed throughout the corridor as the petite woman made her entrance into the Hotel. Awe covered her pixie shaped face and shock filled those big doe eyes of hers.

Dressed in a grey sweatshirt with a nice frilly blouse beneath and nice jeans, Minnie looked as sweet as the hidden gummies in her pocket as she looked around the Hotel. She'd gotten lost before once or twice...okay fine, more than once or twice, but she never took a round corner and ended up in a palace before.

"Bless my heart...I must've walked into someone's home or something, there is no way in heck I'm in the right place."
Called upon to show off her skills in a baking competition, it was rather easy for the small town woman to get lost somewhere that wasn't her hometown, though she surely did hope she walked into a place of business and not a private residence.
Moving further into the doorway, Minnie did manage to catch a listen of music playing somewhere down the hall. Curious, though hesitant, our little bumpkin began to trek down the hall towards the noise, dearly hoping not to spook anyone.

"Hello anyone?" she drawled out, "Is there someone who can tell me where I am?"

"Keep playing my dear! It is working." Obsidian's chest swelled as he felt the presence of yet more guests resonated through the halls. "I shall go greet them and bring them here. Ensure they make their way here rather than mull about lost wherever they are. Refusing to move or otherwise." He gave a slight bow with his head before gliding off down the hall. Shifting his attire into a sleek, elegant buttoned up top that shone glittering black with golden embroidery details.
Clearing his throat he spoke in a tone smoother than silk to a young woman who was obviously more than lost. "Excuse me Miss. I may be able to be of assistance to you."
Classicalbaby21 Classicalbaby21 Taelonthesands Taelonthesands

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rae!" Sisceal took on a rare harsh tone with the young woman. "Leave him be. He's trying." Albeit not very hard or in a very useful manner but that was never Glen's style. However, he was trying the best he could. "Now....some ice would be nice. Please... and a place to sit." His head bobbed to the side as he fought back a wave of pain. "As for who that woman is? Heed my warnings and do not mess with her. She is as twisted and manipulative as Obsidian...."

The music in the room was of no help either. Putting his head in an ever growing fog. Clouding his vision and enticing him fall into a dream like state. Damned Porcelain...he had never seen much of her but each time her music and charms where like that of a siren.
egghead egghead Saiyan Princess Saiyan Princess Taelonthesands Taelonthesands

~~~~~~~~~~~

That sweet....sweet sultry tune...what was it? Marius's attention tore away from his compatriots in the room and purely focused on the noise. Where was it coming from? Or..did it even matter? He couldn't even remember how it had happened but he was shuffling his way through the hall. Focus purely locked on the melodic tune. Letting it carry him to wherever it emanated from, no matter the consequences that it may bring about. He couldn't break away from it.

(QUEUE RESTART WOO!)

There exists a place. It rests amongst all times and in no time. Through all worlds and none. A place of monstrous existence with an even more monstrous "Host" caring for all who become ensnared in its web. You can see no escape. But there must be one? Are you strong enough to venture through that which is blacker than the abyss, beyond all comprehension and survive? Fight to find the way out and back home once more? Well. Hehe. I cannot wait to find out. *bows* Welcome dear guest. I hope you enjoy your stay.

March 28, 2018

tamagokanzen03/28/2018

By the end of the procedure, his arm was reattached using only one bottle of superglue and a single roll of duct tape. Earlier it had broken off when he tried gripping a doorknob, an inconvenience which convinced a stubborn shut-in to leave shelter. After all, this sort of frequent maintenance required constant supplies, and his was running low. Peeking into a desolate corridor and straining rotten earholes to catch any footsteps or voices, he slowly crept out from the storage closet utilized as a temporary safe house. Glen immediately regretted his decision once an icy breeze swept past, freezing a shambling corpse in place as the sharp wind blowing through a gaping cavity in his chest whistled. Already knowing the only nearby escape would be gone, his remaining option was to squawk. "Hello? W-who's there...?"

Iggy03/28/2018

Guileless giggling escaped the pure pink lips of the Star as he drifted through the room. Some room. He couldn’t tell, but it felt so nice. Sooooo, wide open. A cocktail of hallucinogens flowing through his veins. He didn’t know where he was, but…what did that matter. He was so. Happy. Free as a bird. Floating. Falling. Reality hit like a ton of bricks. Before he knew it the star was laying spread eagle on the ground. Everything hurt. Especially his head. Where was he now? Gears whirring and grinding he forced his body to move up into the sitting position. He was…in some form of dark hallway. The architecture was surreal. It looked familiar, very very old, but familiar. Yet, there was something off about it. A plethora of doors lined each side. Blackened and what appeared to be heavy and wooden. All firmly shut with not the slightest hint of light under any of them. In fact, the only light source was a line of lamps strewn down the hallway. Like a moth to flame he followed their soft glow further into the unknown.

“Hmm what do you think of the new layout my dear old friend? Quite interesting wouldn’t you say? So many new possibilities to offer. I’m sure this will please the master, don’t you think so as well?” A svelte man adorned in an elegant black attire drifted down the hall. The Host of this place…Obsidian. His footsteps making not a single sound. Even as he pushed a wheelchair with the half conscious priest in it. The poor man had been stricken down of late. Barely able to walk now after an….unfortunate ‘accident’. He was his oldest resident of this place. The most resilient and defiant he’d ever seen. Not matter what he did to him the man never backed off or died. Only kept coming back for more! Of course, not at this moment, but he was more than delighted to accommodate him still. After all he couldn’t simply let one of his favorite toy be broken so easily. Sisceal rolled his head back to offer a steely glare in return. Only to get a quick peck on the forehead instead. “Now now there will be plenty of time for that later. Not to mention it’s gotten bit tiring of late…” He sighed wistfully. “Always so angry all of the time! Nothing but that blasted mood and glare of yours! I need a different emotion from you. Can you manage that much for me? Spice it up a little priesty dearest, let’s make things interesting again!” With a sinister joyous chuckled Obsidian pushed forward faster and let go of the chair. And to Sisceal’s horror, set the hallway at an alarmingly steep angle, sending him careening forward down it to God knows where this time.

March 29, 2018

tamagokanzen03/29/2018

No answer. If there were air lingering in ashtray lungs, the dead man probably would have breathed a relieved sigh. "Get it together," Glen scolded himself, reluctantly turning away from the drafts source. "You're just imagining things again." Before comically long and lanky legs could shuffle in any direction, strange clamoring sounds reached their owner. Unlike usual screams and begs for mercy or forgiveness, this noise was not caused by hunted prey. It was unnatural, almost motorized, endlessly rattling with the same chaotic force of a rampant shopping cart. Even if atrophied muscles were still functional, there was no time to step out of the path of whatever was careening across a pitfall-ridden labyrinth. He murmured a quick silent prayer, then braced for the inevitable.(edited)

March 31, 2018

Iggy03/31/2018

Wicked cackles faded as he fell down, down, down. Holding on desperately to the arms of the wheelchair Sisceal prepared for impact. It came in a blur. The hallways twisting and warping, sickening his stomach as it turned from a pit straight downward into a horizontal plane once more. Closing his eyes tightly the priest braced himself for inevitable impact. Which…was surprisingly more fleshy than he had first intended. Least it did help him to finally come to a sliding stop. Tipping him over entirely and painfully. Damn bastard of a Host knew what he was doing when he strapped him down tightly to the thing.

April 2, 2018

tamagokanzen04/02/2018

Meaty smacks followed a reverberating cacophony of shredding sutures as limbs once again tore from their sockets and plopped on solid stone. With an entire evening (or what could be estimated as late afternoon, since time seemed permanently fixed at midnight) wasted and hard work rendered meaningless, Glen sluggishly sat upright. “Ugh, not again...” Per usual, there was no pain or discomfort besides knowledge that more energy had to be expended in picking up the pieces. Good thing he was already deceased, otherwise such a head-on collision definitely would have killed him. The same could not be said for the poor passenger still tied to the deathchair. “Um, are you okay?” His flat tone sharpened once dim candlelight caught glimpses of silvery hair. “Oh god, oh god. S-Sisceal? Is that you?!”(edited)

April 3, 2018

Iggy04/03/2018

“Glen?!” The old priest groaned. Tilting his head back until he could look at the man. “God above it’s been so long since I’ve seen you around here.” He tugged against the restraints of the chair. Trying to work his way around to a more comfortable position. “I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely not peachy. If you’ve got it still attached would ya mind lending me a hand here. I can’t get up on my own…” He looked to his legs strapped down tightly to the chair as well. Useless either way these days…

April 5, 2018

tamagokanzen04/05/2018

Dropping onto bruised knees besides the crumpled heap of another permanent guest, Glen tried providing assistance by ineffectively fondling knots with his remaining appendage. “Wh-what happened?” he asked despite understanding that there could only be one culprit behind every calamity. “I mean, it’s probably a good thing we bumped into each other.” Especially since there were worse creatures prowling about dank passageways. After giving up the weak attempt at releasing a familiar face from his confines, the reanimated corpse dug around an intestine-filled cubbyhole and produced a lighter. Soon flames began torching constraining harnesses, though excruciatingly slowly. Awkward small talk ensued. “So, how about that weather? You look, um, good, by the way. Very...healthy.”(edited)

April 9, 2018

Iggy04/09/2018

“I’ll give you one guess.” He scoffed. Wiggling as Glen worked on the ropes. It was a slow process but eventually the priest was able to get his hands free. “I look it but sure as Hell don’t feel it…thanks for the help bud. Could you er…help me with another thing too when you’re done there? Help me back into the chair…Can’t get up like I used to of late.” He admitted sheepishly. “You’re lookin good yourself. Doesn’t look like you’ve rotted much more since I seen ya. Ya gotta tell me your secrets.” Lucid was lost. More so than usual which was a strange sensation. Especially seeing as his head had begun to clear up finally. Hugging his arms tightly to his body he followed the line of lights leading him down the hallway. So many twists and turns…and it all seemed to move. Rocking back and forth, side to side. Making him sick to his stomach. The lights suddenly began to shut off at a rapid rate. A stifling darkness sending shivers up his spine coming after him. Clawing it’s way in a far too unnatural manner. Heart catching in his throat the young star bolted ahead. Panicking as he felt it’s icy grip at his heels.

April 10, 2018

tamagokanzen04/10/2018

Laidback banter siphoned a mournful smile from putrefied flesh. “Really? Ah, well, I wouldn’t know. Haven’t looked in a mirror for awhile.” Somewhere within haze and murky memories was a strange sensation that he had been in this same spot before, in this intimacy. An almost nostalgic, invisible tugging dragged Glen decades back in time to the first and only moments he held hope for a better tomorrow. In the distant past, anything seemed possible, even escaping Hotel California. But now that the population dwindled and months of imprisonment expanded into countless years, faith had perished as his own body did. There was nothing left besides waiting around for Obsidian’s pets or the proprietor himself to pick them off. “There you go,” he hoisted the holy man onto a wheeled perch. “Heh, looks like you’ll need someone to help you get around. I-I mean, I could be that someone, if you want.”

May 3, 2018

Iggy05/03/2018

"Well....to be honest ya could still use a little work but for how long ya been here you look good." The priest laid back into the chair in defeat. He hated what Glen had brought up next. Needing someone to simply get around, but nothing that could ever be done about it. "...Long as you promise not to shove me off the edge of a drop-off. I'd be honored to have ya help me around." He gripped the sides of the wheels tightly. Thank God, since hardly any time after he had the entire hall began rocking back and forth, side to side. Not the usual way of this place transformation. It was as if the entire place had gone into motion. "What the Hell?"

May 8, 2018

tamagokanzen05/08/2018

Before he could inquire about which direction to move toward, both prisoners reality began to drastically warp around them. Different from any normal tremor, the floor below seemed to pulsate while the walls wobbled in sync with an erratic heartbeat. Despite inebriation being impossible to achieve these days, Glen was reminded of the retch-inducing spinning sensation after ingesting too much scotch. “Wh-what’s going on?” he yowled, hitting the deck. “Is it an earthquake? An explosion? Why is this happening?!” Clutching onto his own severed arm as if it were a teddy bear, the walking maggot farm scanned every inch of their surroundings, searching for whatever could be causing the disorienting havoc. Past experience immediately condemned the host as a prime suspect, but by this point it could be anything. Or anyone.

May 10, 2018

Iggy05/10/2018

@NERDISMS (this answer ya question? x3)

NERDISMS05/10/2018

A high pitched, child-like scream could be heard in many places throughout the hotel. Their entrance had been a bit of a strange one. Originally, Koda and Rux had been following downward; a result of them slipping off of an edge in a cave. However, that wasn't the way that they ended up. The demonic duo "fell" out of a broom closet, shooting forward with the same momentum that they originally had. They ended up slamming against the opposite wall, and ultimately plopped down onto the floor in a rather painful way. Koda groaned as she sat up, rubbing the shoulder that she had landed on. Her canine companion was the first to stand up completely, shaking himself in an attempt to get rid of the sudden soreness. Rux very quickly closed the distance between him and his friend, worriedly licking at her face; as if that would fix every problem they had. Frowning, the small blonde pushed the demon's head away from hers. She looked around at their surroundings, immediately confused by what she saw. There was a strange, multicolored grass on the ground. No... It was closer to fur. But extremely matted down and died into patterns. The walls were perfectly smooth and had patterns of their own. They appeared to be in some sort of tunnel. But, with strange light orbs in the ceilings. The orbs acted like fire, or fairy light, but they did not flicker or move. The tunnel was rectangular and seemed to be purposely made to be that way. Climbing to her feet, Koda stared down toward the end of the tunnel, where it seemed to either end or have a sharp turn. "...Where are we, Rux?"

Taelonthesands Taelonthesands Aridis Aridis egghead egghead Hoki Hoki if ya interested?)
buzz buzz [/USER]

Last edited:
"I don't think it's an earthquake. Doesn't feel like that, feels like....the rocking of a ship? I'll be honest this is new to me for sure." The aged priest locked his wheels to help from rolling all over the hall and further injuring himself. "Whatever it is has to be making it's way toward us. Since it's gettin worse and worse... You want to go forward and investigate or turn and go eh? Not like I can protest what you choose either way right now." He shrugged. In truth he could get up to walk to it if he so desired. Or rather, a slow slow shuffle forward, but anything that WASN'T Obsidian or a horror bestowed by him was preferable to him anymore. The man had been, peculiar of late. More than usual and strangely this time it was beginning to get to him. Chip away at his will power.
egghead egghead
( Taelonthesands Taelonthesands . Aridis Aridis Imma think of a good intro for Obsidian for you! x3)

"Ah, it seems our guests are coming to join with one another. How charming."

Porcelain let out a chilling chuckle as her thought finished itself. It was always a wonderful surprise for her when she could feel the movement of the guests' torment even as she stood as far as one of the outdoor gardens like she was now. The way the walls would shift to accommodate them, bring them even closer to madness. The thrill of learning the reactions of those the scenario was not specifically meant for.

She goes back to her work on the garden, gaze moving away from where Porcelain knew the commotion was coming from. A sharp snap echoes through the small area as the pale woman cuts another white rose from its bushel, dainty fingers peeling away the thorns. She's on her knees, the skirt of her maid uniform bunched up to her thighs to keep the silks clean. It wasn't the best outfit to garden in, yet Porcelain always made sure to be ready in the daytime for if a new guest were to arrive. Luckily, her presumptions had come in handy when a recent guest had checked in mere moments ago. Porcelain herself playing a facade and leaving the other woman to find a room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ștefania nervously picked at one of the glowing veins underneath her skin as she stood still in shock at what she had assumed to be the front desk of this strange hotel. The architecture had reminded her fairly of the olden days, though with few modern adjustments. Similar to many renovations she had seen in what once was her current present. It was just as reassuring as it was frightening.

Grasped between her other hand's fingers was a key that a peculiar woman handed her before disappearing right as Ștefania was about to ask where she was. The last thing she has remembered was laying beside her most recent, lover, as she listened to their faint breaths. Next thing she could recall was finding herself outside the doors of this hotel only to be checked in with a reservation she never recalled making. Looking at the key, Ștefania sighs, "What am I suppose to even do with this? That woman never even told me what room it belonged to."

After affixing an extremity where it belonged and scrambling onto unsteady feet, Glen had no choice other than march forward. “O-okay, I’ll go look,” he almost gagged on the promise. “I mean, if it’s for you...I’ll do it, Father.”

Every minor movement emitted an audible crunch or crack, all of it very painful-sounding. Though the rotting reprobate showed no reaction to the noises or the causes of them. There were more pressing issues to be worried about, such as whether or not he was tiptoeing towards certain doom.

Peering around a corner and confronted by impenetrable blackness, he squinted in an attempt to decipher shapes within lightless labyrinth. Once an unblinking stare grew accustomed, a wobbly figure could be discerned slowly advancing, creeping closer and closer. It moved clumsily, stumbling about with the grace of a drunken ballerina, and murmured in frantic, foreign whispers.

Almost immediately, whatever scrounged courage a gutless weakling maintained had dissolved. Glen yodelled with unfiltered fear while he half-stumbled, half-sprinted back in the direction of his chair-bound companion. “A GHOST! No, no, a reaper, an actual demon!”

Cradling a vacant head in his hands, an unstable jumble of nerves began to unravel. “Oh god, we’re done for! We’re done for, we’re done, done done...”

Last edited:
Crunching, Cracking, snapping. Coming from outside of his head? No, from the inside. Twisting and turning violently as the hallways shifted and changed. It hit the holy man in a wave. Sending him into a spiral of nausea. Doubling over slightly the priest gripped the sides of his head tightly.
Oh God...it was so loud. Could others hear it? They had to be able to! It felt as if something was threatening to burst from his skull. Something itched to explode, staining the elegant decor of this...this Hell hole with chunks of grey matter and God knows what other nightmares that were rattling around up there.

And that. that THING screaming like a pathetic bitch only worsened it. No no, that man. His friend, long long time friend in this place. Why wouldn't he shut up though?! Let him think, let him see before freaking out. shut up shut up. "SHUT UP!! SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY YOU BLOODY TWIT!" Sisceal's scream pierced through the black. Hands tearing at the sides of his head. Digging deeply into his flesh as a low, deep rumble filled every corner of his mind. Ebbing and pulling at his thoughts to and from the edge of a dark precipice. "SHUT up and and let me...think?" He hissed, though more a hiss to try and let out the pressure.

"Um....hellooo?" A voice called out from the dark. Lucid had halted his advance upon hearing the screaming in the dark. One voice sounded familiar but the other? What was that about? "Ah..look. I don't know what your hangup is but you're the first ever things I've found in this place so can you help? I'm really lost and...and everything keeps moving."
egghead egghead ( Taelonthesands Taelonthesands )

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"How charming indeed~" Obsidian glanced lazily over his shoulder as he felt the disturbance in the halls. Several of them. One Porcelain had just gone to interact with. And two others who were now becoming ensnared within the bowels of the Hotel. "I suppose we should go greet some of them soon hm? well, the rest of them." He laughed softly. "Two fell in from above...no. Three, though one was an attempt to fly? He didn't quite land as the other two did, but that only makes it far more intriguing no?"

Stretching out like a cat the elegant man stood from his perch. "What of the one you went to give their key? I can sense a particular aura from that one. Ancient yet...not? And it is a state they were in before being here of course makes it even more interesting."
Taelonthesands Taelonthesands Aridis Aridis

As if on cue, uncontrolled and incessant hysteria crashed to a stop. If it were possible, a gasp would expel from inert lungs. Several feet ahead, slouching and squirming in his seat, a hollow husk of a saint belted out blasphemy and curses. Glen simply gawked, rendered speechless, unable to register how someone so idolized could tumble straight down from the pedestal in a single move.

Though no longer thumping, he could nearly hear the shattering of his own heart. “S-Sisceal?” he spluttered. “Are you...feeling alright?”

Staggering a shaky step forward, the deadbeat did not dare take another once he got a better view of the priest. Trickling down pallid cheeks was inky sludge, opaque as hotel shadows. Evil itself seeped from every facial orifice, cascading in a viscid flood and staining immaculate robes.

Glen, without hesitation, beat a retreat. “Never mind, I can tell you’re not in a good mood. Must be the stress. Um, get well soon.”

While bidding adieu over his shoulder, he did not realize that the mysterious newcomer approached until their desperate call reached him. Judging by the voice alone, this was no mere stranger. Besides, nobody else in the entire universe possessed such melodic cadence.

“Wait a second,” he exclaimed, rotating to face an obscured figure. “Is that...? Lucid? Is it really you?”

"Get...back...here. Don't you DARE...walk away from me...Glen." Sisceal growled. Though not like it could do much. Despite Glen's doughier, bumbling figure the priest was no match for him. Inky blackness staining his pure white robes and head pounding with a sickening pain. "dammit." He hissed, his teeth taking on a sharper shape and skin beginning to form thin, black cracks on it. White knuckle grip on the arms of the wheelchair he rolled himself father away from the group. Fighting back the constant deep hum stuck in the back of his mind. Sounding close to words but not, it was maddening.

"Oh. My. GAWD! Is that??" Lucid quickened his shuffle forward. Battling against the swaying of the halls until he was in full view of the degraded man. His bright eyes lighting up at the sight of an old friend. Bringing some color to his grey, ashen skin. "GLEN!!" He shouted happily. "I can't believe of all people to run into in this...whatever it is I find you! Oh you can't even begin to know how happy I am!" The youth lept forward to give him a hug, being mindful to keep his heavy metal frame from crushing the poor old man's spine. He knew he was far heavier than his thin figure would suggest.
egghead egghead

( Aridis Aridis Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Taelonthesands Taelonthesands Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe buzz buzz Jeda Teq Jeda Teq ? Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom ??)

Cacophonous cracks and various other grating jingles emitted from bones in the process of shattering. Though unable to feel pain, wandering eternity with useless broken arms was not a ghoul’s idea of fun. Mainly since they would never heal, along with the rest of his post-death wounds.

Glen patted an old comrade’s back, an affectionate gesture disguising his true intention of testing whether or not this man was the real deal. It definitely looked, sounded, and behaved virtually the same way as his blonde buddy. Despite a desperate want to trust a friendly face, most (if not all) things in Hotel California were too good to be true.

“Hold on, not so rough!” wheezed the revenant. “I’m not as sturdy as I used to be.”

Slithering out of a comforting embrace proved suspicion lurked within a half-devoured heart. Though it was most likely maggots, something crawled under Glen’s skin. “Wh-what are you doing in this horrible place? I mean, how did you get here?”

♥♛♥

The great ones are fated to meet the most memorable of demises. If that were the truth, then Rachel predicted that her own death would be the grandest of all; an ending so gruesome that no amount of fake blood in any film adaption of her legacy could recreate the carnage. Her corpse will be butchered, slaughtered, and mutilated so beyond recognition that the only indication of her identity would be chemical red clumps of hair found in the aftermath.

It was sure to be a gut-strewn mess, a gore-splattered massacre, and above all else, a destiny much more momentous than croaking over a drink at some boring lounge.

"What, partied too hard?" Rachel nudged the skeleton with her glass, spilling a bit of gin over a fleshless forehead. Liquor flowed into empty sockets that once held eyes that might have judged her.

She reached out again and knocked off a polka-dot birthday hat, masquerading insolence as drunken clumsiness. “Bet you went out having a good time, huh?"

Shoving the crumpled cone onto her own head, she scrutinized the cadaver’s otherwise pristine state. They must have been an absolute nobody in life, but she still envied them for dying cleanly. Her eyelashes would not daintily flutter shut after too much champagne, a contented sigh never promised as her last breath.

Rachel knew that she would not go to sleep peacefully.

Fuzzy vision blurred further while she loomed over a new fixation. "What'samatter? Is it the perfume?”—she licked a slimy smear from the remains of a jaw to a dry cheekbone—“Or...is it that you don't like me bein' so close?"

After recieving zero reaction, good nor bad, the scarlet harlot had to wonder how they would feel about her if they could still feel anything. In some sober corner of her mind, she realized her presence would be reviled. Which pissed her off, pumped veins with red-hot anger flaring the blossoms blooming across her freckles; a permanent blood spray.

Positioning the skull between a cocktail-soaked counter and the dagger point of her heel, she stomped down hard, humming in satisfaction when bone shattered in one blow.

“You’re no fun,” she spat, throwing away the party hat. "I’ll find someone else to play with. Someone like...that zombie.”

The entire room shook as sandpaper cackles blasted in rapid-fire succession. Rachel had almost forgotten about the dead guy, so acknowledging his existence was like remembering a funny joke. Swiping a half-empty bottle for an extra confidence boost, Rachel tightened the knot holding up her eye patch before shoving open the double doors leading outside.

Into endlessly stretching corridors, she sauntered, sharp teeth gnashing with anticipation.

Axeykins Axeykins
The dark room was silent, aside from the hymnic whispers that accompany the subtle sound of wind whooshing in from a window left ajar. Her lips were dry, cracked, and dried blood daubed it’s corners. A stench engulfed the room and, whether it be emanating from her or the rotting furnishing, seemed to keep visitors out. It was apparent there had been no entry in the room for a long, long time. Yet, the pallid and fetid, cadaverous figure sat unaware. Her black, splitting hairs covered her head in a flurry of wisps populated by small insects. Her bony, wrinkled fingers had what looked like clumps of flesh under their nails and yet, she meditated with an unbridled calmness.
Loud, heavy footsteps shook the dust off the interior. It covered the room in a haze and, surprisingly, caused the suspended figure to open her eyes.

As if she hadn’t realized her comatose state, Katrinne shrieked. Her shrieks escalated into screaming as her body contorted and saturated, her hair tidying itself as if it had a mind of its own. The insects hurriedly climbed down her back in fear, causing Katrinne to promptly fall to the hardwood floor. “Oh, fuck! Ouch!” She groaned to herself, voice dull and hoarse. Her stiff body immediately clenched upon the sudden movement, putting her into even greater distress and an increasingly awkward form on the floor.
It was then, perhaps at the worst moment, Vincent appeared in the door way. “Oh, god, ew. It smells like—What the hell are you doing?” He snorted, heading towards Katrinne to help her up though he was quickly stopped with a palm in his face.

“Just... wait.” She managed between aggrieved moans.

Vincent backed away, both taken aback and pleased with the sight. He didn’t dare sit anywhere in the grimy suite in fear of dirtying his newly tailored burgundy suit. It, too, hid stains of dried blood. Vincent convinced himself it accentuated the look. He stared at himself in the mirror for the hour Katrinne spent in the bathroom. When she finally emerges, he grabs her arm and hastily exits the room. “I was about to suffocate! Do you stash roadkill in there?” Vincent’s voice grew in pitch as he complained, walking with straitlaced form through the decorated hallway. Katrinne was still quite groggy and seemingly limped in an effort to keep with Vincent’s pace. He, meanwhile, continued to nonchalantly chew her ear off.

Amidst her haziness, Katrinne caught someone on the far end of the hall, in a wheelchair.

She clenched her eyes and her senses returned to her when she recognized the silver hair, the attire. It was worn but nonetheless, it was Sisceal. She sprinted to his side.

But when she caught his gaze, her body froze. Vincent followed, gasping but unable to utter another exclamation. Katrinne’s eyes were unmoving; her focus was both cautionary and perplexed.

He was an old friend of hers but foreign and freakish to Vincent. Sisceal’s clothes weren’t the characteristic pure white; they were stained horribly. It was terrifying and with each second, the stain reached infinitesimally farther down the gown. His skin was decaying. Katrinne never thought something so horrific could happen to the priest but it was happening and she was helpless. It had been so long since they had last met and the long-awaited reunion was not as she had expected.

“Sisceal, is that you?”

Last edited:
A long time lost voice pierced through the maddening song. He'd heard that before but...where. Where?! It was far beyond familiar. It was...a. A. Friend, perhaps? He could hardly remember. Inhaling sharply through his nose. Trying to clear the obsidian ooze that ran from it the aged priest turned his head to look. "Who goes...there." He wiped his face. Further staining the pristine cuffs of his sleeves a deepening shade of black.

His eyes went wide. Red and blue shining strikingly brighter on now darkened sclera. "Kat...rinne?" He could hardly believe it. No. No he couldn't believe it. "Heh... I. I know this is a joke! It's always some sick, JOKE. It always is anymore." He snipped. His expression of pain finally softening as he looked her up and down. He wanted to be ecstatic! Jumping for joy at the sight of an old friend returned. Greeting her with open arms and a warm hug but something foul still churned in his chest. The same thing that made him snap at Glen moments earlier. That made him...turn into this. It made him sick, physically sick. Why was he like this?

"What are you looking at?.....You look like Katrinne and speak like her...exactly like her but how can I know if it really is you eh?." His mouth curled into a sharp toothed smile. "Got anything to prove to me I'm not going mad? That you're really who I see you as, that it's really you?"

buzz buzz
egghead egghead

Her expression twisted in confusion at the way the priest spoke. His voice seemed to heighten and fall abnormally. Katrinne jumped at her old friend’s sudden accusatory tone, almost taking a step back but stopping. She couldn’t run away again.

Vincent stood silent behind her but watched her every motion, recording it as part of his ever-expanding disillusion regarding his companion. She was the wimpiest demon ever, he thought as the scene unfolded, worried about a priest of all people!

Katrinne looked at Sisceal, dumbfounded, as she tried to conjure a way of proving herself. She stepped towards him. Her legs were shaky, perhaps from her drowsiness or fear. It didn’t matter. Her deformed, elongated hand grazed Sisceal’s as she neared him. She kneeled. Vincent raised his eyebrows before looking away in disbelief.

“What happened,” the timid demon asked in a low voice, “and who did this to you?”

Now in much greater proximity, Katrinne looked at his withering features. She was in awe but remained firm at his side. The excrement that flowed out was a deep, boundless black. Sisceal’s eyes were a familiar blue but also an unforgiving red, both with a backdrop of black; the same mesmerizing shade of the goop. Obsidian. When she was hit with that unwanted realization, she couldn’t stop the hitch in her breath, the heat, the shaking of her hands that still rested on her hurting friend.

Vincent peered over Katrinne upon seeing her shiver. “I think the old mister might need a doctor, urgently.” He pulled a pair of lambskin gloves out of the pocket of his trousers and pulled them on, partially ripping them in the process. He pretended to not see that. Walking around the pair, the self-proclaimed gentleman gripped the wheelchair and motioned with a tip of the chin for Katrinne to move.

“What are you doing, you idiot?” She almost spat at him, regretting the decision to ever allow the man to accompany her.

“Who are you calling idiot, you whiny, smelly, creepy, sad little...” Vincent huffed and stood aside. “If he dies, it’s entirely your fault!”

Tears almost escaped her eyes as she snapped back, embarassed. “He’s not going to die!” This helplessness was already damaging her pride, and the quiver of her voice only further frustrated her. What was the point of being a demon if you inevitably fall at the knees of a saint? She couldn’t let her mind wander. This was all Vincent’s fault! “Sisceal, ignore him—how do I fix this?”

Katrinne tried to preserve a semblance of composure but the priest looked alien; he was no longer looked like the overflowing optimist of years past. She attempted to ignore it, fearing the mention of it would cement it in reality, but Vincent’s wandering eyes were not nearly as forgiving.

Last edited:
(I don't know why I read the first part of your post multiple times and thought it was Rae talking DX I'm so sorry bout that egghead egghead !! I need to wear my glasses when reading these more lol.)

"Sorry." Lucid laughed brightly. Forcing his arms down to his side make sure to give the poor old man some breathing room. He looked different? Paler and rattier than usual. Though not like he could make much judgement, the bottle blonde himself looked like absolute shit. And that was even before landing in this freakish place. "I honestly couldn't tell ya pal. One minute I felt like I was flying! The next? I'm face first on the floor of this place and hurting all over. Least good news is I didn't mess up anything in the tumble! nothing I can tell about at least. Enough about me though how did YOU get here! It's been so long since I've even seen you! You had me so worried when I stopped seeing you at my concerts and getting letters!"

“How did I get here?” repeated the manifestation of a bored yawn, as if asking himself the same question. “I...I don’t remember. Everything’s so far away now.”

Reaching into the furthest depths of dim memories, Glen could faintly recall the scent of pine air freshener and faded yellow road lines, but not much else. Nonetheless, it provided enough clues to suggest that his imprisonment was no coincidence or unfortunate accident. He had willingly waltzed into an open grave with a tombstone bearing his name.

The corridors cold breath slithered through a gaping chest wound, shaking its owner from nostalgic reverie. Albeit nothing more than a slight breeze, the pansy jumped out of his skin. “W-we should leave,” he stammered. “This place isn’t safe. Let’s go somewhere...less open.”

Without waiting for a response, Glen scuttled away. He never held much love for these endless, maze-like hallways. From echos of distant voices to distorted walls and shadows, they contained the horrors nightmares were made from.

Proceeding through the claustrophobic tunnel, he turned a corner, then immediately stopped dead in his tracks. A pungent stench wafted from the passage, though there was no visible source for such a putrid stink. Gagging and nearly vomiting worms out of sheer disgust, the zombie squinted into murky darkness. “Oh god, what is that smell?”

The answer manifested as a light shoulder tap. Muddy liquid dripped down from above and splattered against a mouldy funeral suit. He almost snapped his own neck glancing upwards.

Across the ceiling, an amorphous mass slowly crawled while leaking noxious mucus onto ornate carpeting. The thing was completely featureless and covered in slime, more resembling toxic snot than any creature existing in nature. Clearly this abomination was one of the hotelier’s hellish pets.

His entire body quivering, the coward began to retreat, but instead of executing a stealthy getaway, he slipped on oily mucus. Not only did he crash onto a sludge puddle, but the sound alerted unseen ears. Accompanied by a deafening screech, the unholy beast sprayed malodorous spew directly below.

Gyrating out of the way, Glen avoided a blast of acid that instantly corroded the spot he had occupied. “Lucid!” he screamed. “Lucid, run!”

The monster, as if adamant on not allowing its prey to escape, emitted a hissing noise before once again hurling lethal spit, this time aiming for a certain cyborg.

Last edited:
"AAaah who cares! I'm so happy to see you again! I missed you so much!" Lucid snuck in another hug before Glen moved away from him. "Er...Glen? What are you doing buddy?" He followed cautiously. Nearly missing the warning and receiving a blast of acidic....something, right in his flawless face. The Hell was that?....The HELL was THAT?!? The star's eye widened as he caught sight of the squirming squelching mass creeping it's way along the ceiling.

Needless to say, Lucid had no more words. The best dragging itself towards them stealing them away. Spitting it's acid at them more furiously. Dodging another blast with surprising agility the youth dashed towards Glen. Taking his arm firmly and setting off in the opposite direction of the writhing mass. Hoping to gain some more time to get away. Unfortunately the rocking of the halls provided an annoying hinderance to that. "Uuuuh Glen. Any ideas buddy?? I don't know what that is? I've seen some shit but never anything like THAT before?" His voice went higher in pitch, if that was even possible for him, as panic set in.

egghead egghead

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I DON'T NEED HELP!! Get your hands off me!" He snapped. Reeling his hand back, ready to strike her hard across the face. Teeth fanged, sharp and crooked in his mouth. His expression twisted into a disgusting snarl. He was going to do it, the once docile priest had nothing but pure aggression and intent to harm in every breath he took.

That's when the vile stench hit him. His head swiveled around, eyes widening as he spied the huge writhing mass headed towards them. It sparked something in him. Or rather, reignited it. Clarity and a featherlight feeling returning to his head. Grabbing Katrinne roughly by the wrist instead and ramming his chair back into a door behind him while desperately feeling around for the handle. Finally managing to force it open and pull her towards him and into the room. If he had another hand free he would have pulled the young man in as well but had to settle for shouting at him to follow. "QUICKLY! Lock it tight behind you and seal the bottom! We're not the targets so it shouldn't follow." He continued to grip her wrist tightly as he caught his breath. Coughing and hacking up what black ooze was left in his lungs and throat.

buzz buzz

Axeykins Axeykins
She flinched and her eyes remained shut tightly. His words were scathing and hurt her already wounded ego. The sudden, hard grip on her wrist woke her from her inertia with a jolt; she only managed a slight glimpse of the source of the disgusting miasma before stumbling into the hotel room. She fell forward onto the floor and scrambled inwards before looking back, heaving heavily. Almost instinctively she let out a high-pitched shriek when she saw Vincent still froze outside the doorway. “Vincent!” Her voice cracked from the abrupt volume, but her companion only took a few steps backwards, “Vincent, get in!” The stench grew stronger, seemingly staining the air in the hallway. Just then, Katrinne decided to do something—a stark contrast to her tendency to do nothing. She ran towards the door, almost throwing herself in its direction, and locked it. Her shaking body remained pressed against the wall. She heard nothing. Then, quick footsteps down the hall before it fell silent. Despite their disagreements, Katrinne’s eyes welled with tears. “Vincent, you’re an idiotwas all she could whimper into the wood separating them and whatever that thing was.
Sisceal’s wrinkled hand remained tightly wrapped around her wrist. The silence brought her back to her ailed friend and the black excrement that fell at her feet. It was odorless but still foul.

“Let me go.” She firmly said, ostensibly hurt, before shaking his grip off to seal the door’s gap with dusty bedsheets. Without a word, she sat on the edge of the now bare bed. She looked on but hid her concern.

“Do you really not need my help, Sisceal?” Katrinne spoke as apathetically as she could, “I can get you some water to help wash it down.”

The crazed old man freaked Vincent out, and he kept his distance, even as he watched him almost hit Katrinne. But the anticipation kept building until the man’s focus was diverted. Vincent thought the old man’s neck broke, considering the way his eyes were enlarged and still. Vincent smirked, containing his laughter as he took a look towards what Sisceal was staring at. He was promptly silenced. It was a ghost, he guessed, or an animal, or just his deteriorating vision. He squinted. It smelled awful. In the distance, he could hear Katrinne’s annoying yelling, but he assumed she just had a weak stomach. Then, the slam of a door made him jump. They had left without him. Vincent ran down the hall, his long legs allowing him to sprint apace. What a little devil, he thought, frowning. He turned a corner and slipped into huge twin doors, one of which was left ajar. Vincent used all his remaining energy to push the heavy door closed. He looked into the place he entered for the first time and was left in awe. It was the beautiful library. He walked into one of the many aisles and kept walking.

"He should be fine...it wasn't after him either." Sisceal hacked violently. Leaning forward in his chair to spit up more from his mouth. Rubbing his face on his sleeve to clean it as best as he could. At least this time it did some good with the flow of the black substance stopped. Even the whites of his eyes were back to normal again and teeth no longer jagged.

Taking a moment of silence to sit still and recover from the ordeal before shakily standing up and hobbling over to the bed. Plopping down next to her with a sigh. "Some water would be nice, please..." He attempted to clear his throat. His voice was so rough and gravely after the coughing fits and screaming. It didn't even feel like it was his voice right now no matter how much he spoke. "It...is nice to see you again Katrinne. how long has it been even? It's unfortunate we had to meet like, well...that."

buzz buzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back