• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"We really don't care about the intent of others.Their desires doesn't affect ours." It had its hands in its pockets, waiting for Marius to take it somewhere. "We don't know what you're talking about, but it really doesn't matter. Just take us to a great monster." It let out a yawn, "We're getting bored standing around in this bland hall." It gave Marius a playful push with the sole of its boot.

@Axeykins

Salvador lost his balance as he was shoved back and flinched when the host raised his voice, shouting at him. His own composure shattered with the expectation of pain. He lowered his eyes as if not to look at him, in a sign of respect and fear. 

"I'm sorry," His voice broke went he tried to speak. He was just trying to help but he didn't say that. He merely got up and bowed slightly to the host, disappointed in himself.

@Axeykins

"SHUT. UP!" The Host lashed out at the latest arrival onto this scene. Striking out at the eyes with whips made of his own shadows. "You don't know anything about us! This is normal, everything is normal. I am NOT vulnerable. Merely dealing with some unruly and know-it-all guests." He slicked back his hair as it became more unruly with each outburst. "You, Salvador. Let us go, away from this riff-raff. I'm tired of dealing with this." Snapping his fingers, he caused a great shift in the fabric of the hotel. Boards and tile cracked, wallpaper tore as a portion of the space nearby warped into a haphazard doorway. Bending and twitching unnaturally as all that held the broken pieces making up was the black ooze. "If anyone else wishes to join that is fine, I cannot deny you that, but cross me and I will personally ensure you say nothing again."

@Jeda Teq@DeadxPhoenix2661@That Poppy

Marius:

"No need to be impatient. This way please." The vampire pulled a bejeweled key from one of his many pockets and unlocked the door nearest to them. What lie beyond was not a room, but a small stone corridor. Strange, indistinguishable sounds bounced off of the walls. "Aha! It still works." His face lit up with a bright smile. "The beasts you desire to see should be this way. Some still contained, but what fun are those? They're too weak to break from the places they were contained. The more powerful ones are roaming about these halls to interact with at your leisure."

@Jeda Teq

"As you wish, Mas-" Salvador had to stop himself from saying Master to the host. It freaked him out. How quickly and naturally he fell into seeing the man as his master without meaning to. He bowed and glared at everyone else. "Please, lead the way,"

Judging by the look of the corridor, sticking with the host was the best plan but should anyone else try to follow. He looked back at them. Would they follow?

@Axeykins

Obsidian looked back at him with serious yet curious expression. "I am not your master." He eyed Salvador up and down. Assessing every last inch of him possible. "Yet. There may be use for you in the future. You are new here so we shall wait and see if you are perfectly suited to be put into the ranks with my other servants. First things first. That Library. I've taken the liberty of moving other facilities near it that may interest others. Kitchen, lounger, a large empty room to do as you please, wine cellar. I will be merely a call away as I have other business to attend to at the moment." He looked back towards the commotion still happening around Carl and the woman. The tendrils had returned their grip around him. Digging deep into his flesh. Whatever color there was in his skin had drained away. Leaving him looking sickly and weak.

@DeadxPhoenix2661@Jeda Teq@Beowulf@Aridis@That Poppy

Shana waited for a response from the two, but gets nothing.

"Anyone home..?" She tries. 

It was like they left.

(just sprinkling a little salt XD)

She turns away, and, glancing back, mutters some kind of excuse that, at this point, she wasn't even sure they heard. She still hadn't found anyone after 10 minutes of walking, which is odd. It's not like the place was abandoned...

Then again, hadn't she already passed this part? Was she just walking back the way she came, or-

She cries out and whirls around as someone taps her shoulder.

Alistar looks around for Shana still, walking through the pathways and making sure he was on the right path. A couple of minutes later, he sees her, and approaches her from behind as she walks in the opposite direction. He taps her shoulder, and she whirls around with a little shriek. 

"Ali!" she says indignantly. "Don't do that!" Alistar looks at her for a moment.

"My bad," he mutters. "Let's go." He says. "We still need to find someone who knows what the hell all this is.

Shana nods, looking away for a moment, then they walk.

Carl

The tendrils wrapped tightly around Carl's body. The large beast was now suspended in air by the black threads that came from all sides. His stomach grumble and the beast let out a frustrated growl. Lines on the orb lit up as it activated again. It and Carl both appeared to have disintegrated.

Carl reappeared in another section of the house with his orb. Tired and hungry he laid down with the orb under his massive hands. A barrier was created to protect him from any threat that would harm or otherwise inconvenience him.

Roque

The young man simply smiled at Obsidian's outburst. "Look at yourself. You're falling apart at the seems." He witnessed the savage beast be vanquished by the black tendrils. "It would appear the lord of this manner had enough of that beast." He closed his eyes for a second, "appears..." He said before turning back to the room from wince he came, "I see pain and turmoil for most of your futures. Enjoy the tranquility while it lasts." With those words he closed the door behind him. A click confirmed he locked the door.

Haimo

Haimo and Marius entered an ancient looking corridor of the hotel. "Ah, this brings back memories.... We're not sure of who's though." It walked briskly in front of Marius until it came upon a large minatour. The blood warden engaged the beast in combat. It moved like fluid with super natural flexibility.With each swing of the fist the Minotaur threw, the warden gave it a shallow cut. The conflict went on for several minutes.

"Ninety-eight.......ninety-nine........One Hundred" With the hundredth cut to the beast's body, Haimo seemed to have been too confident. With it's last breath, the Minotaur slammed its fist into Haimo's body. Blood splattered all over the wall and the Minotaur fell to its knees not breathing. Haimo's body was nowhere to be seen. The blood that had splattered on the wall gone as well.

"I know you're not my master," Salvador spat, angry at himself for almost calling him that. He looked away, biting his lip as Obsidian looked him over. "But I can be of use. I have a very unique set of skills and I'm a quick learner,"

He listened as Obsidian told him about the other stuff before nodding. 

"Ok. I'll yell if I need your assistance,"

@Axeykins

"No need to get snippy." He waved away the anger filled response as he left. "I may return sooner than planned as well. If not, the priest would be the next in this room to go to or to take along. He knows this place intimately."

Obsidian hobbled away slowly. Shooting the other being a wicked glare. "Do you not know the meaning of shut up? You know nothing...once again. I. Am. Fine. This is only a temporary hiccup in things." The next thing he did was thank the Master for the sight before him. The great best giving up and while not dying unfortunately, left. "Oh....good. Miss and company. Are you alright?" The Host walked up to the woman and her daughter and whom he could only assume was some father? "If you need assistance. Give me...merely give me a moment please. Of come over here." He found a seat nearby as quickly as he could. The room was spinning around him. The tendrils that had dug into him finally released and wrapped around him more tenderly. Finally allowing the poor fellow to begin recovering.

@DeadxPhoenix2661@That Poppy

@Jeda Teq(for when ye doth be back.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Marius observed on in awe at the battle. The beast was mighty and gave a fierce fight but the man before him managed to vanquish it. Unfortunately the beast also managed one last blow which turned his friend into a splatter on the wall. As far as he could tell. The stench of blood was strong but he could not tell from whom. The most he could tell was that there were now only two of them in that dank hall. Himself and the body of the beast. It was a little unnerving being so alone so quickly. The silence was deafening.

"Uhh...um..Heeelllooooo? Anyone out there? Anyone at all?" He shouted out into the darkness.

@Soul Stealer@Beowulf@Aridis

"Stupid," Salvador muttered to himself after Obsidian walked away. He held his head in his hands, muttering stupid repeatedly to himself. "Stupid idiot!"

He suddenly punched the nearest thing, which happened to be a book shelf. The shelf broken into two and cut open his hand, making him yell out in pain. Getting more annoyed, he grabbed the broken shelf and flung it with ease across the room before breathing heavily as his mind cleared. He frowned at the broken case and decided to attempt to fix it as he was sure Obsidian wouldn't be happy with his little outburst. 

"Stupid idiot. You know breaking stuff doesn't help anything," He mumbled, putting it back together. However, the shelf broke as soon as he stepped away. "YOU STUPID IDIOT!"

Ice burst from his hands as he shouted, covering the already broken bookshelf with frost. He stared at it before rubbing his forehead.

"And to think I just wanted to read..."

"Uhh...um..Heeelllooooo? Anyone out there? Anyone at all?" A voice caught his attention. He opened the door and stuck his head out.

"Who's there?" He asked as a very old looking book caught his attention. He walked over to it up and picked it up. It was covered in dust and a bit of ice. He wiped off the dust and ice, revealing the title, 'the Heart of The Hotel'.

@Axeykins

Marius:

His head snapped in the direction of a voice. An actual response or this place playing tricks again? It was a tough call but better to investigate than stick around here alone. "Helloooooooo. Who's out there?" He didn't HAVE to call out but it generally made it easier to find people. Seeing as the usual response was screaming back...aaaat least in his experience around the crowd he had hung out with for so long.

Closing his eyes he tuned into the energies nearby again. Once more the hallways had moved. What once was a tight corridor with no doors in sight was now carpeted and cozy, an insane amount of doors lining each side. Each one leading to the same place. The library, great! A place that had absolutely no use to him. "Anybody here?"

@DeadxPhoenix2661

tumblr_mwe0ecR4BP1rdf2yjo1_250.gif

Chanel merley nodded, " I'm alright..kind of. " looking twords her mother who was laying on the ground almost lifeless, " I don't think my mother is though. "

The teen tilted her head questioning her surrounds, too much has happened and frankly, she was feeling well, " Yeah take your time...I don't think we are going to leave this place either way." 

Salvador stayed silence and slipped the book into his cloak before taking out his dagger and sneaking up on the newcomer of the library. He placed the knife to his throat. 

"I'm here. I've got questions and you're going to answer them," He snarled, pressing it into his neck. "And I want actual answers. Not some bullshit you feel the need to feed everyone here. Got it?!"

@Axeykins

Marius hissed at the cold sting of steel suddenly against his throat. Fangs fully bared he twisted his head around to try and find the direction of his attackers voice.

"The Hell is your problem?" he snapped back. His heart was racing, this one was so fast and quiet he had no time to react to the attack. Not even with his senses heightened by the blood."I am not Obsidian or one of his cronies...anymore. I'll tell you as much as I can remember alright? No messin around or leading you on. I don't have a reason to lie to you right? As far as we both know."

@DeadxPhoenix2661

"Very well but if you even think about lying to me, I will kill you," He dug the blade in deeper as if to make his point. "Now. Tell me exactly what is this place? Do not answer with a hotel or a castle. I know it isn't. Where is this place?"

He lowered the knife enough to seem relaxed but was still very much on guard.

@Axeykins

"Of course you ask the most impossible question to answer first." He gritted his teeth. "I don't know. I don't know what this place is or where it is exactly...I've only witnessed the slightest glimpse of what it was and it felt like my head was going to split apart. I can't even see, only felt the pure energy and it was indescribable and immense. I can only think to repeat what the Host has told everyone who asks. I know he often replies in that stupid smug tone so don't shoot the messenger here, but 'it's everywhere and nowhere at every time and no time.'" Marius gulped. His shoulders remaining tense. "An infuriating answer I know, but that's all I know. Maybe this place is something you don't want to learn what it is. Some horror beyond comprehension..."

@DeadxPhoenix2661

Obsidian:

"I shall take care of this mother of yours." With a wave of his hand he send shadowy beings to aid her. Far different from the tendrils that attacked and whipped around earlier. These were fully controlled by the host. Obeying every command and rushing about to heal the woman to the best of their abilities, well, more of the Host's abilities. As the more he knew of medical treatments and procedures the better the shadows performed. "She should heal without issue or at the very least live through these injuries. There is plenty of time as you are quite correct. None of you are going anywhere."

@That Poppy

"I see..." Salvador replied, feeling disappointed. "Then this leads me to my next question. Am I dead?"

He had the terrible feeling in his gut, to the point he didn't want his hostage to answer. If he was dead...well it explained a lot, now that he thought about it. Could he be dead? Could he live with been dead? He didn't know but he needed to know what he was dealing with here. If he was dead then maybe he could get back or at least find a way to cross over because despite not know what this place, he was certain it wasn't heaven or hell.

@Axeykins

"I'm not sure which answer you want with that one, but it's no. Unless you're undead that is, then you were dead before you even got here." He chuckled. "If it helps further explain as well, you can easily die here if He wants it. Not sure if there's anywhere to go or if any Gods or Goddesses can even reach here or whatever you may serve or believe in. Then again, maybe they don't even dare? Seeing as only demons and great beasts dare come here for shits and giggles." He turned his head more towards Salvador. Now that his levels of panic were down to a reasonable level he recognized the man. They hadn't met for long but he did remember him vaguely . "Believe me pal. You're gonna wish you were dead. Hell was a lot nicer place than this."

@DeadxPhoenix2661

"So I'm not dead?" He replied, finally lowering the knife and reaching a level of calm that made him aware of his actions. He looked at the man and finally recognised him as the blind vampire he met earlier. Shaking his head, he sighed. "I'm sorry... my emotions get the better of me sometimes. Do you know about this book? It's called the heart of the hotel"

@Axeykins

Marius gladly took a big step away from Salvador once the knife was lowered.  Rubbing his throbbing neck and sneering at the man. "Took ya long enough eh?" He relaxed his harsh expression as the mood lightened. "I hate to disappoint you further but I only know of that book. They don't do me any good without braille so I generally avoid them. You would have to ask another older resident or ancient being about it."

@DeadxPhoenix2661

"Oh," Salvador sighed before putting his knife away. "Then tell me what you know of it and who can tell me more,"

He placed the book on the table and sat down ready to listen to the blind man. 

@Axeykins 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back