• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hot Shit Highschool [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Caffeine Freak

Two Thousand Club
Welcome, Students

to
2720076515103ad2de423ce3aefcd9d0.png

Yes! that's right! Our school's name is in violation of several Department of Education guidelines! Not only that, but HSH is also the only school in the world to break laws decreed by the Geneva Convention! Scoring #1 in most human rights violations of any educational institution, and with a Headmaster at a whopping #3 place on the FBI Most Wanted, Hot Shit High caters to students by embodying the most American of values: democracy, discipline, the striving for success, liberty, and Churro Tuesday. Our fifteen-year-old school has still somehow managed to retain government financing, and has also managed to remain public to all! Why fork over cash to greedy corporate communists and study with the prudish snobs over at private schools - when you can enroll at HSH for the low low price of FREE!

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 20.17.30.png
- our headmaster -

Hot Shit High is an unusual school situated in the Bronx, NYC. What education curriculum it follows is a mystery, with students studying strange subjects like necromancy, potion brewing, and classic literature. The classrooms and hallways are regularly stage to gunfights and supernatural tussles, with mortality rates that rival that of third world countries. Interestingly, students that die on school grounds always attend in perfect shape the next day - how, exactly, is anyone's guess at this point.

New semester has just rolled in, and there's a whole wave of freshman students that will be attending HSH this term. That's where you come in. Will you survive the perils of HSH and come out with a diploma and a lifelong career at a fast food joint? Probably, but that's not what matters. School is all about the experience, and in HSH, that statement has never been more true.

Good luck.

Last edited:
[Time: Monday - 8:00AM]
[Location - HSH Entrance]

After receiving your invitation for enrollment, you'd find a school bus waiting outside your place of residence despite never actually giving your address. From there, the bus would go on to pick up a plethora of wacky characters before finally pulling to a stop outside your new school - Hot Shit High.

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 11.39.19.png
The place looked pretty darn fancy for a public school, and just standing there with your fellow freshman as a breeze rolled by felt... peaceful, even.

Well, at least that was until the Headmaster kicked open the front doors.

"GOOD MORNING, CUNTBISCUITS" The balding man, who unnervingly enough was carrying an M16, sauntered forward to examine the new students.

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 11.25.28.png
"These are the new students? I'm already disappointed in all of you." Slinging the assault rifle over his back, the Headmaster folded his arms. "Well I don't get paid with you all outside the building, so I may as well give you numbnuts the tour. Follow me."

The Headmaster strode ahead of the students, all the while seniors throughout the hall shot the newcomers with unsettling stares. "You might be wondering why you're all freshman but have different age groups. I can tell you that the answer to that, is that corporate doesn't give a flying-"

Kicking open the door in front of him, the Headmaster gestured into the room. "This is the canteen."

And similarly in other rooms:

"-The gym."

"-The swimming pool."

"-The library."

"-The auditorium."

"-The art room."

"-The firing range."

"-The potions lab."

"-My office."

Every door seemed to be riddled with dents, no doubt because of the Headmaster's habit of kicking open every door he went through.

"My name is Principal Nick. If you have any inquiries, please write out a form and place it in one of my mailboxes, they look like this:" The Headmaster tapped the top of a rubbish bin, then looked at his watch. "You have free period right now. I suggest you get settled in. Keep an eye on the clock, because if any of you are late to class then that's an instant detention in the waterboarding room. Now get out of my sight."

Spark eyes at the headmaster and follows through the "tour" with him, already trying to prepare himself for one chaotic and crazy-ass experience in this place.
When seeing what the headmaster says is the mail box, Spark is under a bigger impression that this place is gonna be even more than what it looks like.

"What a dick."

Thinking to himself, Spark figures that this place might as well be filled with drug-dealers, arms-dealers, thugs, thieves, and other of the likes.
The first self-taught survival rule he comes up with is : do not trust anyone around here. Ever.

Last edited:
PR~R~R~R~R...tk-tk-tk
Hornayce stood in front of the school before his first class, emptying an entire Ak-47 magazine into the air. He dramatically held the weapon, the flaps on his trench coat blowing in the air as he clenched the school's acceptance letter. "Bitch ass school!" His voice cut through the air, high pitched and on the verge of bursting out into tears.
pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-PT-PT-PT-PT-PT
The boys cries were answered by a whole dozen crack addicted grown men entering the school grounds. Hornayce walked into the school building, carefully weaving around to be behind the principal as he gave his tour to the other students. The crackheads watched over him from outside the school, through windows, noses bleeding, lips crusty and hair dirty. He used the drugs to control them as a pimp would use money to control his bitches. They knew that if they dare did heroine not only their LIVES but their families lives and their honor would be in danger. He knew every move his crackheads made. He was supremely powerful over anyone who consumed crack, that's why The Bronx was his stomping grounds.

From the distance a cloud of smoke that looked like a divine figure followed the group as they were being shown around, a soy boy who was listening to some whack lo-fi hip-hop turned around and as he looked in the smoke extended his arm in terror towards the smoke as he screamed; "NOOOO, I DON'T WANT TO, I JUST MY FRESH VANS, THE SPIRIT OF QUEEN B COMPELLS YO-" as he tried to dispell the cloud, but it was too strong, it protruded his nostrils and his body began to shift.

His long, cyan blue curls fell off turning into a scruffy unkempt crew cut. His $30000 tech wear bodysuit with an inbuilt masturbator and sperm removal apparatus shifted into a white dirty ass t-shirt with a cannabis leaf on it and with what looked cheeto stained baggy jeans. Also sporting a pair of ashy black Jordan Vs. He was also Asian now but that's irrelevant.

"Forsooth, what dost thou mine fams?"

Principal Nick glared through his office's window blinds at the crackheads loitering outside. "Not again. Sonsabitches-" He muttered through gritted teeth as he lifted open the window and mounted an LMG. "NO CRACK ON SCHOOL PROPERTY!" The Principal bellowed as he hailed lead down upon the addicts as if he was leading the coming of the Rapture. Only once they were out of range would the Principal let up and toss the machine gun to one side, huffing something about the DARE campaign.

After hunkering down in his leather chair, the Principal scooted over to the PA system.

"Alright ya lil shits. Break's over. Get your ass to class. Freshmen, you all have..." Principal Nick squinted at the schedule. "First-year Martial Arts. Heh, have fun getting your scrawny asses kicked. Get going."

June Verles June Verles RibsBoi RibsBoi Many Weapons Guy Many Weapons Guy

Spark perks his ears up at the sound of gunshots, followed by the principal's .

"No drugs allowed ? Coming from that dick of a principal ?... And here I thought I've seen everything."

Then, about his up-coming class.

"First-year Martial Arts ?... I did not sign up for this... ugh, whatever... maybe I get to beat up people for no reason."

Spark thinks to himself while hanging the lantern on the left side of his belt, and keeps the torch (unlit) in his hand. Then he glances at the people that got here along him earlier.

"Let's see... a kid that sells drugs, a completely stoned-out pot-head freak, a kitsune... some dudes that look like they can fall asleep during an earthquake... Cool. Next thing I knew, maybe I'd see the ghost of H.P. Lovecraft and his summoned Elder God in the training room."

With that in mind, he silently makes his way to the area.

Last edited:
Noise rang in Moira's ears, the rhythm of gunfire and yelling of a crowd in which some were not entirely human. She was holding the brim of her hat down over her ears, and only barely managed to hear the intercom tell her where she needed to go. Fumbling, she dug her schedule out of her bag, and then stuffed it back inside when she had gotten in her head what direction she should be going in. Martial arts. She steadied her breath for a moment, putting off contemplation of it, before she began to dodge and such through the crowd to where the hallway was a little less crowded, and she could find the room she needed to find. By the time she got there, she was shaking, and wondering how the hell firearms were allowed on campus. The principal even had a very illegal weapon.
But this was the only place that offered magic in its curriculum.
So here she was.

Meanwhile, in a large dojo that contrasted heavily with the rest of the school, a middle-aged, ginger-haired man - who looked like he had no business teaching unarmed combat to anyone - stood in the middle of the room.

618635_735x390.jpeg

Once the freshman arrived, (well the majority of them, anyway) the man strode over to a blackboard hanging on one of the wooden walls.

"Good morning, class! My name is Mr Stevens, but you can call me Mr S." Mr Stevens chalked his name onto the board, ignoring the spitball that splatted next to it, before turning back to face the others. "I will be your substitute Martial Arts teacher while Sensei Gyoza is at the hospital having shrapnel removed from his kidneys." He added in an equally monotone voice, before continuing, "Today's lesson will take place in the magical place that is virtual reality, wherein you'll be assessed on your fighting ability. If you can't fight, then you better hope your teamwork makes up for it."

Mr S pulled open a compartment in the wall that revealed a number of strange metallic-looking bodysuits hanging on a rack. "Find your size and put one on. These will simulate pain inside the simulation without causing permanent harm, though users may incur seizures, blackouts, nerve damage, paralysis- blah, blah, blah, legal jargon, just put em on over your clothes. Let's try and avoid any indecent exposure on your first day, alright? I'll brief you once you're all ready."

After their teacher's small speech, during which she visibly flinched at the mention of hospitals and shrapnel, Moira spoke a few muted words, holding her necklace in one hand. A moment after, her eyes glinted silver, before fading to their natural blue. She didn't know if magic and magical shields could carry over into virtual reality, but she certainly hoped it would. Well, better to ask.
'Does magic still apply in VR?'
While waiting for the answer, she set her bag on the floor, and her hat on top of that, before crossing the room to retrieve one of the suits. To put it on, she had to awkwardly stuff the skirt of her dress in the back--bless leggings--and then surveyed the other few students in the room. She had no idea how to feel about any of them.

Spark is never a fan of "virtual reality" or any sort of simulation like this. Last thing he knew, those suits could probably jack right into his nervous system and make him a zombie. Things like that just creep the living oblivion out of him.
Then he glances to Moira. He wants to say something, but fears that it's just gonna be awkward.
Finally, he looks back at the teacher.

"Doubt that anyone with normal common sense would work in a school where that Nicky Dick is the principal... unless this old man here is no better... and I won't be surprised if he literally shoves a boot up someone's ass in the simulation and then just says that it's not real..."

Last edited:
Mr Stevens glanced down at his clipboard, then at Moira. "Don't ask me how, but yeah it does. If it's physically possible here, then it'll work in there."

Rather than standing there watching each student try to squeeze into what essentially would fit like a wetsuit with plate armor, Mr S stepped over to a hanging switch. With the flick of a button, the rugged floor slid open in several places and a number of unusual-looking contraptions whirred into the gaps.
"These are omni-directional treadmills. Unless you wanna be walking into walls the whole time, I suggest you find one to stand on." He looked back down at his keyboard. "You might be wondering where the VR goggles are. Well, um, I think it's best if we get to that part later."

Last edited:
At the statement of magic still being usable in the simulation, a grin flickered across Moira's face for half a moment. Invincible, she muttered under her breath.
The feeling of faux triumph faded as she recalled that this was martial arts. She would be made to fight. With nervous shivers, she stepped into one of the treadmills, and discreetly gave her muscles a little stretch while waiting for their next instruction.
With the teacher's awkward comment about their lack of VR goggles, she paused.
'What do you mean get to that later? We will actually be in a simulation, correct?'

Once it looked like everybody was in place, Mr Stevens skipped over Moria's question and promptly hit another switch. Anyone wearing a suit would feel a sharp, blinding pain in the back of their neck, before finding themselves in a place that certainly wasn't the dojo they were just in.

latest

Then came a deafeningly loud voice that seemed to sprout from every direction.

"Uhhhhh- testing, testing. Is this thing on?"

The omnipresent voice of Mr Stevens lowered in volume as it continued, "Ah, sorry about that. The pain and dizziness you're experiencing is nothing to be alarmed about, that's just a side affect your suit's adapter inserting itself into your central nervous system. You're all still in my classroom, it's just your perception that's been altered."

Out of nowhere, the room began shifting. The plain-tiled floor began contorting and flipping until it formed sidewalks and a road, while the walls expanded outwards into buildings and opened up to a cloudy sky. A cold breeze that felt unnervingly real flitted by.

For all intents and purposes, you were in the middle of Times Square.

People milled past, paying no mind to any of the newly-appeared students. Cars and taxis honked aggressively at eachother in the street. An aged man wearing a sign that read "ABORTION IS MURDER" was standing in the road while having an argument with another man in a fedora. It was indistinguishable from the real deal.

"We'll start with the assessment. Your task is to survive."

At that moment, the whole of Times Square fell silent. Every single person stopped what they were doing and slowly turned to the group of students.

A second passed.

A minute.

Then, without warning, the populace of Times Square yelled at the top of their lungs and charged.

You are being attacked by angry New Yorkers! It's probably a good idea to defend yourself! Any pain your character experiences in this simulation will feel very real, and abilities are no more or less powerful than they would be in the real world variant. You are able to control these virtual NPCs when describing combat, most of which are unarmed. Good luck!

Spark is still not at all OK with the idea of "the suit's adapter inserting itself into his nervous system" (because that's just exactly what really freaks him out), but before he even realizes what's going on, in front of him is basically an entire mob of "angry New Yorkers".

- What-- who-- when-- why-- how-- !?

... but he quickly realizes he doesn't have time to think about that.

- Ugh, the things I do for love...

With a quick motion of his hands, he grabs his torch (right hand) and lantern (left hand), and lights them up : both the items are illuminated with a strange light that seems to be a mix of the fiery sunlight, the frost moonlight, and the sparking electrical starlight.
Lantern.png
Torch.jpg

With another swift gesture, he seemingly "summons" a large translucent hammer and shield (controlled by the torch and lantern, respectively) made out of the same light, then aims at the closest group charging at him and the other students.
Hammer 5.png
Shield 11.png

As he swings the torch forward, the hammer follows the exact same movement and swings itself forward in a large arc, knocking the whole group back by a short distance. At the same time, the hit also appears to : set them on fire, coat a layer of frost over them, electrocute them, and... cut through them (like lazer). After the trail of light from the hammer... is a pretty messy splash of blood.

- This shit is gonna be LIT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back