• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Hostile Contact (Fantastic Aliens And Where To Shoot Them In The Face)(STILL OPEN)

Kabboom

very explody
Roleplay Availability
Hostile Contact

mike-luard-attack.jpg

Hi guys! Just something simple, and straightforward. Hostile Contact is a small RP idea that I've been developing for a while with a few friends.

The year is 2050, and humanity is doing pretty good. Some crises here and there, but our presence in space has increased drastically, with dome cities on the Moon, and Mars. We've also taken to mining ore from the Saturn rings, which is benefiting our industrial capacity greatly. In 2052, we encounter aliens (not the ones we're gonna shoot in the face), more specifically, the Interspecies Confederacy, and things get big from there. Technology, science, medicine, industry, toilets, dozens of major improvements were made through intellectual trade with the Confederacy.

Now, this is all very nice and all, but I hear you asking: the title is Hostile Contact! This isn't very hostile! If these aren't the aliens we're gonna shoot in the face, then where are they? I hear you, reader!

Enter 2056.

One of Mars' largest dome-cities, New Olympus, was crippled by a bomb with unprecedented magnitude and explosive yield. The unmistakable energy signals of the bombs confirmed that this was no mere Earthen threat. Someone else had come along. It was at this moment that the Confederacy told us about a minute detail they had missed during our time of contact.

We were now stuck on the border of an intergalactic cold war, between the Confederacy, and the Vornem Star Empire (these are the ones we shoot in the face). Human space was obliviously a battlefield for covert operatives on either side, and when an operation went wrong, a Vornem anti-matter explosion vaporized their base of operation in New Olympus, leaving behind a 50km crater where the dome-city once was. Because we haven't actually made any formal treaties of alliance with the Confederacy yet, we're not a member species and our eradication would not elicit an official Confederacy response, so now these Vornem bastards are scrambling over each other to get at us before the Confederacy backs our asses up!

We're starting in 2057. Good luck, people. Oh, and one more thing: the Confederacy has been kind enough to secretly supply us with some spicy alien classified super-serum that can augment the average Joe and Jolene with all kinds of supernatural abilities. These augmented humans are being formed into an elite detachment titled Sword Battalion. That's you, by the way. Welcome to Sword, and remember: shoot them in the face!

Expect Halo vibes, and some more conventional ways of shooting aliens in the face.

Last edited:
I like this. What kind of characters can we be? Just humans or are the aliens getting shot in the face also acceptable?

Enum Enum For the time being, the humans are the only playable ones. If there's enough interest, then you can also get shot in the face as an alien too!

This seems like a good classic beatdown idea I'd like to put my interest on.
But I don't have much time to roll into a new rp, so here's a cheer to all who's joining this! I'd love to watch you progress.

Oh ho ho yes indeed this sparks my interest, room for one more gun, or should I say, sword?

Last edited:
Oh, yes perfect, I already have so many ideas. I think I'm gonna go for a(n) extremely moderately anit-xeno racist man. May also be a fan of demolitions and personalizing his weapons.

Ta-da! Hop on fellas!

If y'all have any questions regarding the Lore so far, and anything else, feel free to ask!

Kabboom Kabboom Eyo, quick question, what's the situation with Ireland in 2056? Has Northern Ireland merged with Southern Ireland, or is there still the border?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back