Hoshino Aiko // Star☆Child

yoikes

The (Not So) Evil Mastermind
Name: Hoshino Aiko

Age (17-22): 17

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance (Written / picture (realistic, anime, all OK):

giphy.gif

Personality: As one of Japan's top idol, Aiko is very cheerful and positive. She also speaks with a loud voice, mainly because she loves listening to her own voice. Aiko is very charismatic, she knows what to say and what to do to make them support and follow her. She's also very good at pleasing people, telling them what they wanted to hear the most and make them feel like they are the most important people in the world.

But the truth is she is very black-hearted. Everything she said is planned, with calculated response and reaction to attract attention and to get what she wanted. She doesn't really care of listened to what everyone had to say especially when she already made up her mind because she knew what to do to get to what she wanted. Aiko is selfish too, she want to receive praises and be on the spotlight. Plus, she doesn't like it when people belittle her and will look for a way to slam them down in revenge.

Fear (+3):

• Being injured, or worse.
  • Being alone, without anyone behind her back.
  • Failure.

Aspiration (+2):

• Becomes number one. Right now she wanted to make sure that the people of this world will write her in history as one of the greatest Hero ever existed.
  • Going home, back to her world. She worried about her career, her group, and her fans.

Magic:

MUSIKA

Aiko has the power of music on her side, something that truly pleases her because that means she got to show off her talent all the while helping the war effort. She has 9 kinds of powers, all named after the 9 Muses. One is offensive while the other 8 are supporting power to support her fellow Heroes.

1. Melpomene: The only offensive power she has. With Melpomene, Aiko is engulfed in able to take control of bladed weapons and manipulate them. She can command them to fly and slice the target, or align them to act as some sort of a wall to defend her from attack.
  2. Calliope: Increases the strength and offensive power of people around her. Giving them higher stamina, enchant their weapons and allow them to use more and stronger magic than usual.
  3. Erato: Increases the defense and protection of the people around her. Giving them higher resistance, enchanting their armor and shield. 
  4. Clio: A short song that she can only sing once a day, right after she sings it a bright red spot that marked a major weakness of her enemy would show up for a thirty second then disappear.
  5. Euterpe: Calms the enemy, put them into some sort of a daze. Only work with targets in the sight of her eye.
  6. Polyhymnia: The only difference this song has with the other song is that this one can only affect one person/a target. This song could heal wounds/injury. The worse the injury the longer the process will take. If she stopped singing, the healing process is halted. If it's not continued soon, the healing is slowly undone.
  7. Terpsichore: Increases the agility of her the people around her. Giving them faster movement and higher perception.
  8. Thalia: Increases the damage inflicted by targets (maximum of three) selected by Aiko. A sword could cut through a wood with ease and a hammer could smash a boulder with ease.
  9. Urania: Aiko's strongest song, and a power drainer. Using the song, she tears the time and space itself allowing her to trap her enemy inside a pocket of space (Grass field under the starry sky). Inside Urania, all magic other than Aiko's is weakened. The activation song sounded more like a chant, the moment she finished Urania will be opened and closed automatically after Aiko's magic depleted.

More detail about Musika: She can control the status of her magic with her conductor bat, manipulating it using the tempo and beat, the dynamic of the music. She can control the range of her magic by the volume and pitch of her voice.

•  

Weakness:

• Aiko has to sing and conduct to completely controls her power to be activated. She had to sing so her magic could be activated, she has to conduct to manipulate the status to fit the situation of the battle. She can be distracted, a sneak attack to knock her out will take her out as well.
  • If she stopped singing, the effect of the song will last for 3 minutes. The further they went away from her the faster the effect will disappear. 
  • In our world, Aiko is experienced and could sing and perform about 15 to 20 songs in a concert. But in this world, the magic burdened her so much she can only sing 9 songs at most a day. More and she risked her own health. The 9 songs include picking up interrupted song.
  • If she uses Urania, she cannot use any other magic for the rest of the day and too exhausted to even stood up.
  • Even if she drag the demons to Urania, she still considered herself as too weak to defeat them by herself. She reserved Urania only when they are against a strong enemy, then trap the enemy inside Urania with other Heroes. 
  • She can only drag 4 targets with her inside Urania.
  • She can only control the space for 9 minutes. Aiko has tried to make it last longer, but "something inside her stopped beating for a moment" and since then she did not dare to try again.
  • Aiko can user a limited amount of magic inside Urania for most of her magic is used to open Urania. If she's not careful then Urania will close by itself.

• Most of the song only work for the people on her eyesight/who are in a 20 meters radius from her.

• When using Melpomene, Aiko could only take control of 10 objects. More and she will risk losing control of all of it. The weapons are not enchanted, so they can still be destroyed/dulled. During that time, Aiko could drop and replace them with another weapon.

• None of her song but Uranius affect her. She does not receive the stat buff from her songs.

Equipment [Each of the Heroes equipment is unique and made to fit their magic]:

Aiko requested a hat to be made. And a cape, specifically red in color.

da_qiao___marching_band_outfit_by_dynastywarriors7-d3qq44w.jpg

Her weapon is a conductor baton.

5003004-20161010210135-14506552268181084.jpg

"Heroes, please save the world!"

"I'm not really sure what that means but sure?"

And thus she becomes a Hero

Your Nickname (given to you by the people): Star☆Child, Aiko specifically insisted that the ☆ should always be included.

Your current location: Bastion

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like Urania is too OP? Feel free to critic her, I don't bite

I'll take that offer, then. 

This'll be quite long. Here we go.

Aiko has the power of music on her side, something that truly pleases her because that means she got to show off her talent all the while helping the war effort. She has 9 kinds of powers, all named after the 9 Muses. One is offensive while the other 8 are supporting power to support her fellow Heroes.

First and foremost, she has 9 abilities. Now, I have no qualms about that since most of them are focused on utility and supporting allies, which would mean that she is extremely vulnerable and almost helpless when alone, but I feel like having 9 abilities is too much. I mean, not to be biased here but the mage guy or whatever his name is got his summons reduced to three, but that's entirely another matter but you know what I'm trying to say.

Now, diversity is great, but some of them are just repetitive - Calliope grants extra offense (which is very vague and applicable to most situations, even to herself), Clio grants the vision of weakpoints (which is basically offense in strategical sense), and Thalia grants an increase in attack (which, again, is focused on offense).

Maybe you could have songs that focus on a certain aspect, and complicate them further to solve the problem of redundancy.
E.G. one song focuses on offense, but lyrics can be changed to enhance attacks, or to grant weakpoint vision

Melpomene: The only offensive power she has. With Melpomene, Aiko is engulfed in able to take control of bladed weapons and manipulate them. She can command them to fly and slice the target, or align them to act as some sort of a wall to defend her from attack.

I think this is too strong, then again, it is the only offensive ability of hers. In the middle of a war, most units are bound to equip sharp, blade weapons, and if she sings then and there (since she is a Hero) she'll gain control of too much weapons that she could be unstoppable. She can use them for offense and defense. 

I suggest putting a limit on the number of weapons with regards to her song, the tone of her voice, the tempo, etc. Also, take into account the durability and the state of the weapons when using them. I know this means complicating a simple ability, and I will most likely continue to suggest more like this, but complications make the RP more enjoyable, right?

Calliope: Increases the strength and offensive power of people around her.
Erato: Increases the defense and protection of the people around her.
Terpsichore: Increases the agility of her the people around her.

These three are too vague. Put some specifications and I'll see what I can say about them.

Clio: Aiko could see bright red spots, the weakness of her enemy. The song is the shortest, so she can only see the weakness for a short glimpse of a few seconds.

Thalia: Increases the damage inflicted by targets (maximum of three) selected by Aiko. A sword could cut through a wood with ease and a hammer could smash a boulder with ease.

Already said my word on these two.

Euterpe: Charms the enemy. Erasing their will to fight and to battle. Only works on Human with weak willpower/spirits.

Charm is not the word you're looking for. If it erases the will of fight, it calms a person. Also, once again, this is very strong in the field of war. People in her song's range will just stop fighting and drag more people in due to their vulnerability. 

Polyhymnia: The only difference this song has with the other song is that this one can only affect one person/a target. This song could heal wounds/injury. The worse the injury the longer the process will take. If she stopped singing, the healing process is halted. If it's not continued soon, the healing is slowly undone.

Good stuff. So, if she finishes the song, the healing won't be undone?

Urania: Aiko's strongest song, and a power drainer. Using the song, she tears the time and space itself allowing her to trap her enemy inside a pocket of space (Grass field under the starry sky). Inside Urania, all magic other than Aiko's is weakened. The activation song sounded more like a chant, the moment she finished Urania will be opened and closed automatically after Aiko's magic depleted.

This is too powerful. How large is the pocket dimension? And since time and space is (assumed to be) warped in there, how does time flow? Do people there age faster, does their time move slower, or are they in a separate plane of time that won't affect their time in other dimensions? If they leave the boundaries of the grassy field, will they go to the void of countless dimensions? If she stops singing the song, do the people inside remain trapped until the next instance the song is used, or do they return?

The weaknesses are good, but they need more. She has too much to offer and too little to pay for. Most of the weaknesses just focus on Urania, which is her ultimate ability/trump card, which means these weakness won't be in effect most of the time.

Good stuff. So, if she finishes the song, the healing won't be undone?

Yes, she has to finish the song to completely heal the injury. If she stopped midway, she can pick it up from where she left it... if she still remembers.

52 minutes ago, Reinhardt said:

This is too powerful. How large is the pocket dimension? And since time and space is (assumed to be) warped in there, how does time flow? Do people there age faster, does their time move slower, or are they in a separate plane of time that won't affect their time in other dimensions? If they leave the boundaries of the grassy field, will they go to the void of countless dimensions? If she stops singing the song, do the people inside remain trapped until the next instance the song is used, or do they return?

100 meter, more like a dome. Same time, only different space/dimension. No, there will be an invisible wall trapping them inside. Aiko only needed to chant/sing once, then Urania is opened. It will automatically close after 9 minutes or after she completely spent all her magical power.

54 minutes ago, Reinhardt said:

Charm is not the word you're looking for. If it erases the will of fight, it calms a person. Also, once again, this is very strong in the field of war. People in her song's range will just stop fighting and drag more people in due to their vulnerability. 

I was unsure what to give to Euterpe. Maybe she can calm the demons instead, putting them in some sort of daze so the heroes/army could move and kill them quick. But, she can only sing the song once a day.

100 meter, more like a dome. Same time, only different space/dimension. No, there will be an invisible wall trapping them inside. Aiko only needed to chant/sing once, then Urania is opened. It will automatically close after 9 minutes or after she completely spent all her magical power.

Ah I see. I think making it a full song, like the rest, would be better. I mean, it is a very powerful ability and it only needs such little requirement. Maybe you should make it that how long Aiko sings the song is how long the dimension opens, with the limit being 9 minutes long. I don't know how a song will be nine minutes, but it ain't that far fetched from real songs.

Just now, Reinhardt said:

Ah I see. I think making it a full song, like the rest, would be better. I mean, it is a very powerful ability and it only needs such little requirement. Maybe you should make it that how long Aiko sings the song is how long the dimension opens, with the limit being 9 minutes long. I don't know how a song will be nine minutes, but it ain't that far fetched from real songs.

The reason i want Uranius to be opened with a chant so Aiko can use her songs to support the heroes inside the space. Their magic will be weakened but strengthened again with her buff

The reason i want Uranius to be opened with a chant so Aiko can use her songs to support the heroes inside the space. Their magic will be weakened but strengthened again with her buff

And that is exactly what makes it too strong. The song opens a pocket dimension, traps people in it, then Aiko can buff and debuff people in there. Basically, it instantly ensures a large number of advantages to the heroes. 

Maybe removing the weakening portion and focusing more on the trapping portion would make it more tolerable? If it traps people in, then it also traps people out. There would be no weakening whatsoever, but only the people inside can interact with what's inside, and only the people outside and interact with what's outside of it.

@too much idea

Since you asked for critiques, I'll give you mine.

Regarding Aiko herself... I like her. Because my character's the type of person who walks to the beat of her own drum 100% of the time, she and Aiko might not get along so well... But that's not exactly a bad thing. I'm looking forward to their interactions.

Regarding her abilities:

• Melpomene: It's a bit odd that it makes use of weapons, but there're no particular problems. I'd like to say 'Since it's Magic, changing it from weapons to surrounding elements would be acceptable -- using pseudo-golems that consume MP to repair themselves when they get damaged' but that might make it a bit too complicated.
  • Calliope: ATK Buff. I'd like to borrow Reinhardt's idea of changing features of the song slightly to focus on certain aspects of 'Attack' here. '↑ Tempo = ↑ Attack Speed, ↓ Tempo = ↑ Attack Strength, ↑ Pitch = ↑ Body Endurance, ↓ Pitch = ↑ Equipment Durability / Item Enchants' or something.
  • Erato: DEF Buff. Same as Calliope; perhaps make a certain aspect of the song change whether it enhances people's Physical Defence of Magic Defence.
  • Clio: Enemy Weakness appraisal. Could be underpowered she's the only one who can see the weakness... But otherwise it's pretty balanced, as it's clear it has to be used wisely with its once-per-day weakness.
  • Euterpe: De-Aggro ability. It doesn't make much sense for its area of effect to be dependent on visible range. I recommend making it a quiet song of sorts (which matches with the calming effect), with its effects being restricted to a shorter area than her other effects.
  • Polyhymnia: Healing ability. I'd once again like to take Reinhardt's idea of changing aspects of the song for certain effects... This time, with the effects being 'Single Target, high powered heal' and 'AoE, low powered heal'. The low-powered one should only be useful out of combat, with its effects only being useful on minor wounds -- non-life threatening stuff, in other words. Because Aiko's a buff-type support, her healing shouldn't be able to hold a candle against the efficiency of an actual healing spell in the first place, so having the selection of 'Heal them all a little' or 'Heal one a bit' shouldn't be much of a problem.
  • Terpsichore: AGI and Perception buff. Same case as Call, Era, and Poly. Make aspects of the song differentiate whether it'll buff their speed or perception -- but not both at the same time.
  • Thalia: ↓ DEF Debuff. Nothing to comment on.
  • Urania: I actually think that this ability's quite balanced as it is, due to the fact the pocket dimension has the same time-current as the real world.
    Being able to seclude and strike down a specific target is a huge advantage, yes, but the disadvantage of effectively banishing all of the Heroes needed to fight alongside Aiko inside of the sphere for its duration is also severe. Even if only one Hero is summoned, that means there're two less Heroes to deal with, with one of them being a support. Furthermore, from what I can tell, Urania is a song that's initiated and can't be stopped until Aiko's MP is dry. If that's the case, then the Heroes that go in alongside her wouldn't be able to escape for 9 minutes (max). If that wasn't enough, Aiko would turn into dead weight right afterwards... It's a trump card through and through, which is why I think it's fine.

It's a bit odd that it makes use of weapons, but there're no particular problems. I'd like to say 'Since it's Magic, changing it from weapons to surrounding elements would be acceptable

Aiko would be too powerful if she could summon minions/beings that will never die or disappear. I want Aiko to be dependent on something/someone.

2 hours ago, Ensig said:

Calliope: ATK Buff. I'd like to borrow Reinhardt's idea of changing features of the song slightly to focus on certain aspects of 'Attack' here. '↑ Tempo = ↑ Attack Speed, ↓ Tempo = ↑ Attack Strength, ↑ Pitch = ↑ Body Endurance, ↓ Pitch = ↑ Equipment Durability / Item Enchants' or something.

I just realized how fun is it if Aiko could control her song with her conductor baton! I'm going this idea!

2 hours ago, Ensig said:

I recommend making it a quiet song of sorts (which matches with the calming effect), with its effects being restricted to a shorter area than her other effects.

I imagine ballad?

2 hours ago, Ensig said:

Healing ability. I'd once again like to take Reinhardt's idea of changing aspects of the song for certain effects... This time, with the effects being 'Single Target, high powered heal' and 'AoE, low powered heal'. The low-powered one should only be useful out of combat, with its effects only being useful on minor wounds -- non-life threatening stuff, in other words. Because Aiko's a buff-type support, her healing shouldn't be able to hold a candle against the efficiency of an actual healing spell in the first place, so having the selection of 'Heal them all a little' or 'Heal one a bit' shouldn't be much of a problem.

This one is awesome. I'm going to use this too.

2 hours ago, Ensig said:

If that wasn't enough, Aiko would turn into dead weight right afterwards

Yup, this is a truly Aiko's trump card. She needs help to defeat the enemy inside Urania, and she need to sing to buff the heroes she trapped inside with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aiko would be too powerful if she could summon minions/beings that will never die or disappear. I want Aiko to be dependent on something/someone.

I was meaning there would be an initial MP cost for summoning them, and then repairs would take an additional amount of MP... But yeah, I can understand not making it too powerful if you want Aiko to primarily rely on others. It's too bad she won't be able to shout 'Dance water, dance!' like a certain nobody, though...

I imagine ballad?

Or a lullaby. Go with whatever works best for the duration of the Musica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back