• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Horseshoes and Ion Grenades

Dragongal

Miss Medic
Hi all! We're looking for some new players to add to our Rp, Horseshoes and Ion Grenades!

HIGs is a sci-fi RP with heavy Old West flavoring. Or an old West RP with a Sci-fi reskin. Either way it's a mix of two very colorful genres promising lots of adventure and interaction. If this interests you, read on!

Premise:
A recent spot on a local sheriff’s squad of assorted bounty hunters had opened up. For one reason or another, you were the chosen deputy to fill in that position. It was a location of little praise - past the asteroid belt, the planets of Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, and other celestial bodies needed governing. There were only a handful of law people out this far into the Sol system; most illegal activities took place out here, though, on the edge of colonized space.

You’d be swept from your current job in the cozier sectors, put into the hard shoes of a Deputy Walker (think mercenaries for hire by a local sheriff), and don the apparel of one of the most hated suits this side of Mars. Everything past the asteroid field was a lawless place, likened to the wild west. Nevertheless, the prospects of the position seemed somewhat appealing; stopping illegal trafficking (of all kinds) on the fringes of space, busting various contraband deals on decrepit stations, patrolling the rolling clouds of Jupiter, and huddling up against your thermos to protect from the harsh climate of Pluto. Even if it wasn’t anywhere close to Earth, it had more excitement than most jobs in the force. Plus, who doesn’t like playing the role of a space cowboy from time to time?

Horseshoes and Ion Grenades takes place in the year 3807 on the edge of the solar system. It follows a sheriff's posse patrolling the countryside of the colonized universe. Key destinations of Jupiter, Saturn’s Rings, Neptune, Pluto, Charon, Eris, and even the occasional trip to Mars; all are hives of scum and villainy. People from all walks of life come here to start a new life, to make their own fortune, and to prosper under the lawlessness of the System past the asteroid belt.

To the nitty gritty:
- We're aiming for a paragraph a week post "requirement" - we'd like to go faster, but people have lives outside of RpN and the pace can get slow. Also, we naturally understand that real life can get in the way sometimes, so if there's ever a stretch where that'll be impossible, please reach out!! We're happy to work with you!!
- We'd like to tackle some of the more mature content (within the rules of the site!!!) that would lend itself to a group of space bounty hunter sheriff types; this includes socialization! If your goal is a loner edgelord who doesn't want to cooperate with others or work as a team, please understand that our focus for HIGs is different!
- Please like and/or comment to let us know that you're interested!! Feel free to reach out to myself or Solar Daddy Solar Daddy (the Co-GM) with any questions or comments!

Oh, a Space Western! You don't see these pop up too often! I'm definitely interested. What are the parameters of character creation? Are we limited to just human PCs? Or can we be an alien species? Or perhaps some kind of Android? Nah, scratch that... I wanna be an alien of some sort

Last edited:
Aliens are off the books, but you can absolutely have biological or mechanical augments! It's set in our solar system with Pluto being the farthest point reached.

Here's the CS page which may ask some of your questions but we can absolutely talk out any ideas you may have!!

Aliens are off the books, but you can absolutely have biological or mechanical augments! It's set in our solar system with Pluto being the farthest point reached.

Here's the CS page which may ask some of your questions but we can absolutely talk out any ideas you may have!!

You already seem to have a decent share of cyborgs, androids, and augmented humans submitted. So I'd be less inclined to throw yet another of the same on the pile. Within the confines of being a human, I'd want to make something of an ex-con/smuggler. Maybe a crack pilot that has served her time or might be pulling duty helping the law as part of her sentence. A lady who spent most of her life on the wrong side of the law, and has dubious intent in her current duties. In other words, everyone is unsure about exactly HOW crooked she is, but are pretty sure she is not playing with all her cards on the table.

and at a second read over, it seems a lot of tropes and archetypes I'd be interested in are kind of taken. Born scrappy on Mars, criminal background, bouncing around from place to place.... all kind of already taken by one PC or the other. How many (which) of the players with CS's filled out are still active?

Last edited:
You already seem to have a decent share of cyborgs, androids, and augmented humans submitted. So I'd be less inclined to throw yet another of the same on the pile. Within the confines of being a human, I'd want to make something of an ex-con/smuggler. Maybe a crack pilot that has served her time or might be pulling duty helping the law as part of her sentence. A lady who spent most of her life on the wrong side of the law, and has dubious intent in her current duties. In other words, everyone is unsure about exactly HOW crooked she is, but are pretty sure she is not playing with all her cards on the table.

and at a second read over, it seems a lot of tropes and archetypes I'd be interested in are kind of taken. Born scrappy on Mars, criminal background, bouncing around from place to place.... all kind of already taken by one PC or the other. How many (which) of the players with CS's filled out are still active?
I actually will say that quite a few of the CS's are from folks who are no longer playing. I'll definitely delete all the old CS's when I get home from work. I'm always loathe to do that because I feel bad deleting the work people put in but I definitely should have in the past and I'm sorry for any confusion that caused.

Here's the link to the actual RP in the mean time if you're still interested in looking around and seeing who our current players are:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back