• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

"Horrors of the Red Cathexus!" (Pathfinder players as monsters!)

Rogues are awesome. I'm going with that class starting out, too.

So if I've got this right my sheet looks something like this:

Choir Scout

Class: Rogue

Stats:
STR - 3
DEX - 16
CON - 3
INT - 10
WIS - 14
CHA - 16

Skills: 1 Rank in the following
Acrobatics
Diplomacy
Disguise
Escape Artist
Linguistics
Perception
Perform
Stealth

Steal body (Su) = after a successful touch attack, a DC 15 check is made to save vs. bodysnatching. Will, Fort, Reflex TBD by concept!

Size: Tiny

You have 2 +2s and a -2 to stats to apply!

Choir Scout

Class: Rogue

Stats:
STR - 3
DEX - 16
CON - 3 (1)
INT - 10 (12)
WIS - 14 (16)
CHA - 16

Skills: 1 Rank in the following
Acrobatics
Bluff
Diplomacy
Disguise
Escape Artist
Linguistics
Perception
Perform
Stealth

Steal body (Su) = after a successful touch attack, a DC 15 check is made to save vs. bodysnatching. Will, Fort, Reflex TBD by concept!

Size: Tiny

Looking like an unassuming insect with a smooth carapace that seems to alternate between earthen and dark skin tones depending on the light. It seems to zip from place to place in that disconcerting way insects do before they send people screaming and leaping up on chairs. How right they are to hide as if this creature can find its way to weak point on their prey (spines are optional) then they'll sink their stinger in and lay claim to their mind.

Another thing of note is that its buzz is oddly pleasing to the ear. The way it moves is almost dance like and some have found its little song almost hypnotic.

Okie dokie, think I've got the basics down there and an extra skill thanks to the boosted INT.

I'll plug in what I can and ask you to fill in blanks like languages and stuff shortly.

I'm quite interested but have never played pathfinder and don't have the books. If you're winning to help me get started I'd be happy to join you and come up with a slime bodysnatcher of some sort.

I'd try to help, and I'm sure the other players would too -- what interests you in particular about the RP?

Loose Backstory: (if you're already following you know the deal, but here's an abstract if you're new or we move to a new thread when the story opens...)
Hidden from the eyes of the lands of men and elves, there are epics and heroes of evil as much as of good. This is one such story, behind the veil of the dark tapestry, and behind the veil of broken ground in the deepest underdark -- this is the story of the Red Cathexis, and the horrors it issued like a cancer unseen beneath the surface of the world of Golarion.
In 4606 AR, The same year that the world-wound began to open in response to the death of Aroden, the fabric between the prime material plane and that of the dark tapestry weakened. The unimaginable and horrible beings of that place looked covetously upon this new world, and dangers so hideous the simple minds of mortals cannot comprehend them, quickly set to work on encroaching there --
However small the rift, a hole, a pore even - cunning beings set to realizing how they could jump the breach into Golarion. The beings that came forth were in diametric opposition to the gods of golarion, light, order, and the very laws of nature. As such, to simply cross the breach was impossible -- a being from the dark tapestry would be rent from the world explosively as quickly as it arrived. Undeterred, the horrors of that dark place set to creating a device -- a vessel, that would enable at least a fragment of a being from the dark tapestry to enter this world. That object came to be known as "The Red Cathexis" -- No larger than a grain of sand at first, and carrying merely a scintilla of the trueforms of the beings that rode within it -- it burst into existence deep underground, somewhere between Ustalav, Belkzen and Lastwall -- and began to grow.
it is now 4713, and the Cathexis -- now little larger than a fist, is finally large enough to open and release it's forbidding cargo into the underworld. The beings within, such as they are, cannot exist indefinitely outside of a native host, and to be seen as they truly are by light of day or without such cover from the sight of the gods would destroy them utterly. They had forseen this. They were bodysnatchers -- Hijackers of the minds and corpses of mortal beings, and they would use the forms of beings in the underdark to hide their nature, mitigate their relative weaknesses, and embrace their strength.
Their individual motives and goals are unclear, but to be certain they cannot bode well for any being on Golarion. All that is clear for now is that they are hungry, covetous, and malign -- The Cathexis has finally opened -- and they will offend this world, only hesitating in the face of their own destruction -- or the Cathexis they must protect if they are to maintain their ties to this world...
And so it began...

I'd try to help, and I'm sure the other players would too -- what interests you in particular about the RP?

I've played d&d for ages including many an evil campaign but have never tried Pathfinder. Besides that I've always loved bodysnatcher type characters and dungeon keeping games.

I've played d&d for ages including many an evil campaign but have never tried Pathfinder. Besides that I've always loved bodysnatcher type characters and dungeon keeping games.

Go ahead and flesh out a concept and I'll help you do so if you can catch me on. :D

Go ahead and flesh out a concept and I'll help you do so if you can catch me on. :D

My concept as it is.
Somewhere beyond the dark tapestry was a perfectly clear body of liquid that was almost imperceptible. It slowly moved while constantly swirling around itself and devouring all it came across. Whenever it devoured something it would absorb and keep the creatures best traits. Very few ever found this strange being without joining it and those that did swore it was the most beautifully terrifying disaster.

At one point an equally terrifying monster collided with the liquid and they began fighting to consume each other. After what could have been eons or mere moments the liquid realized it would lose and started sending splashes out into the distance filled with its best survival traits. The vast majority were destroyed but a few survived and one such survivor was the smallest one. It came through the dark tapestry with only one ability left in it, the ability to steal bodies. It enters its victims through an orifice in the head or an open wound. Once inside it attaches to the brain and takes control while slowly eating it from the inside out. It hopes to get strong enough to regain the ability to absorb and keep abilities so it can eventually devour all as it once did.

What do you think?

I love it. Get your stat block and other info done if you can, like Sherwood and spiral did before. If you need help, I’ll try to connect with you in the afternoon PST! Welcome tiny devourer! :)

Tiny Devourer
Class: Barbarian
STR: 18
DEX: 18
CON: 3
Int: 10
WIS: 12
CHA: 3

Skills:
Acrobatics
Climb
Survival
Swim

Feats:
Improved Initiative

I will try to look up stuff about skills and the like online. Did you say we start with a feat as well?

Last edited:
Tiny Devourer
Class: Barbarian
STR: 18
DEX: 18
CON: 3
Int: 10
WIS: 12
CHA: 3

I will try to look up stuff about skills and the like online. Did you say we start with a feat as well?
Yes, one feat for barbarians!

Once you pick your skills I’ll start dressing up your pdf. And asking you to fill blanks. You pick 4 skills with no additional points from intelligence.
I didn't see mention anywhere are we getting the abilities of the class like rage or is that replaced by the bodysnatcher?

Unless it breaks the game I’m leaving class skills in. That may change. Some abilities may only work in parasite/host form, but we’ll discover this as we go. :)

Unless it breaks the game I’m leaving class skills in. That may change. Some abilities may only work in parasite/host form, but we’ll discover this as we go. :)
Cool! While I'm looking for creates I had a question. I'm looking around online and keep seeing things called archtypes that change the class abilities. Since I don't have the book I don't know if those are actually things or homebrew. Would you be able to help me out in explaining them if they are?

Idea is kinda similar to the previous one. It begins as a blob of stomach acid that constantly eats and devours, however it picks up the traits of those it devours. For example, if it eats a whole bunch of Goblin legs, then it will start to develop skinny legs.

The Gluttonous One

Class: Fighter

Stats:
STR - 14
DEX - 3 =2 = 5
CON - 10 + 2 = 12
INT - 16
WIS - 16
CHA - 3 - 2 = 1

Skills:
Knowledge (nature)
Craft
Survival
Heal
Knowledge (dungeoneering)

Feat:
Combat Expertise
Power Attack

Size: Small

Last edited:
Stay out of archetype for now
Cool! While I'm looking for creates I had a question. I'm looking around online and keep seeing things called archtypes that change the class abilities. Since I don't have the book I don't know if those are actually things or homebrew. Would you be able to help me out in explaining them if they are?

Stay out of archetype for now, we may add it later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back