• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Horror In Barovia

Cenedril

Under raging storm clouds, the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind’s howling increases as he turns his gaze down toward the village of Barovia. Far below, yet not beyond his keen eyesight, a party of adventurers has just entered his domain. Strahd’s face forms the barest hint of a smile as his dark plan unfolds. He knew they were coming, and he knows why they came — all according to his plan. A lightning flash rips through the darkness, but Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind fills the midnight air. The master of Castle Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited.

So, I'm looking to find a partner willing to play a female role for this fantasy horror RP. It will follow the plot of the D&D 5e module Curse of Strahd, though it won't be a carbon-copy. Still, if you're a player of D&D 5e or might be one in the future and are interested in playing through Curse of Strahd yourself, I suggest you avoid this RP.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Ravenloft setting or the plot of this module, here's a bit of info: The vampire lord Count Strahd von Zarovich rules unquestionably over the entirety of the land of Barovia (a place almost completely forgotten and unknown to the majority of the world), which exists in its own demi-plane of existance. Strahd often swallows up adventurers from the Material Plane (the main world of the universe) in a magical mist that transports them into Barovia, to become little more than playthings for the Vampire Lord, which is what has happened to our characters. The goal is simple: escape. Unfortunately, no one has ever achieved such a feat.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

Now, a few things to note:
  • I hate requiring romance...however, I would prefer it to happen eventually. I won't force it if it doesn't seem like it will work, but try to come into the RP with the mindset that it will happen eventually.
  • With the point of romance, I'm only interested in MxF, with me playing M. Yeah, I know. Sorry.
  • Don't expect me to reply super often, I won't expect the same from you. It really depends on how I'm feeling on that day, sometimes I'm lazy and don't feel like replying at all. Of course, I would love if you could perfectly follow my random schedule and always quickly reply to my posts, but I'm aware that's not very realistic so if you just don't feel like writing that day, it's perfectly fine.
  • Multi-paragraph posts, please. There will no doubt be times when short, less detailed replies are preferred (like when it's just our characters chatting) but overall I'd prefer that not to happen all the time.

Last edited:
Mm, while I’m an avid D&D 5e player I don’t think I’ve looked at this module or setting. Looks like it might be worth my time.

As for this plot, I’m rather interested! Being terrorized by vampires sounds pretty interesting to me, if you’re still looking of course.

Mm, while I’m an avid D&D 5e player I don’t think I’ve looked at this module or setting. Looks like it might be worth my time.

As for this plot, I’m rather interested! Being terrorized by vampires sounds pretty interesting to me, if you’re still looking of course.
Sorry, but I've already found a partner for the RP. I'll let you know if a spot opens up though. Thanks for the interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back