• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Deadwood Deer

Ten Thousand Club
I am 18+, and all participants must be 18+

Have you ever played the game Horizon: Zero Dawn? Or perhaps became interested by its upcoming sequel, Horizon: Forbidden West? Well, I would like to do something like that, but perhaps with elements of fantasy to it?

A post-apocalyptic world where primitive tribes (By modern standards) of humans descended from the Old Ones live amongst the ruins of the Old World, surviving by hunting animals for food and destroying the machines of the Old World that still patrol the world. Much like Horizon’s Nora and Banuk tribes. Perhaps in some regions, the people have advanced back to a better standard of living, like the Carja and Oseram in Horizon.

As for the fantasy element, I’d like to keep it simple, maybe something similar to RWBY, with elemental Dust, or similar, and/or an Aura-type mana-like thing, though Semblances or similar are dicey to me.

Plotwise, what I have in mind is somewhat similar to Horizon’s plot. Something of the old world is coming back. It could be some new machine, or some new plague that we discover is caused by some manner of nanotech released by an old world machine that has become active again. Or it could just be something ripped straight out of Horizon and one of Gaia’s subordinate functions got pissy and is trying to take over the world. And we’ve gotta stop it, meeting all manner of fun characters and situations along the way.

All that aside, before you proceed, DISCLAIMER: I like dark themes. I don’t write perpetual gritty grimdark, but I do like getting into dark themes where I feel they might push character development or interaction.

Some things I need from you, if you find this ad interesting:
- Be able to write at least a paragraph per post, or if not a paragraph in lull periods, more than 1 line of text. 3rd person, past tense, only, of course.
- Be willing to talk ooc, share stories, memes, discuss ideas, we both need to be able to take and give criticism, and if you don't understand something, ask! You will be answered to the best of my ability, and I expect the same courtesy in turn.
- Be able to put your favorite machine from Horizon in the first line of your message or chat so I know you're actually reading this. If you do not do this, I will know that you did not read the post and cannot follow simple instructions to get my attention, and I will ignore you until you do.
- Be able to play multiple characters in scenes that require it.
- Be able to contribute plot point ideas and co-GM. This is as much my story as it is yours, and we're both supposed to guide it along.
- Mutual worldbuilding is non-negotiable. I have a lot of concepts ready to share and bounce off of you, but if all that results from that is a bad game of Idea Dodgeball and I've got all the balls, we've got a problem.
- I'm EST and largely active from 12 pm to 6 pm most days for the foreseeable future. I’d like someone similarly active to RP with, because I like getting actively immersed. While I do tend to be online earlier and later, that’s when I’m guaranteed to be online.
- Put your real life first. Don’t be sneaking posts in between doing your real life job, or neglect your real life in favor of our fantasy. Your real life comes before our fictional world.
- I’d be down for 1-3 partners for this, as long as all of us are active somewhere around the same time so we can get immersed and have fun. If you're down for that, too, let me know! People willing to cooperate with at least one other partner jump to the top of the list.

In terms of the Machines, I love the Design of the Thunderjaw, it just captivates me and makes me think of Grimlock from Transformers, which is literally my childhood

But I would love to do this!, granted, I haven't played Horizon since it's DLC came out, and I've largely forgotten the lore, but I think we can discuss and rebuild my understanding if needbe

In terms of the Machines, I love the Design of the Thunderjaw, it just captivates me and makes me think of Grimlock from Transformers, which is literally my childhood

But I would love to do this!, granted, I haven't played Horizon since it's DLC came out, and I've largely forgotten the lore, but I think we can discuss and rebuild my understanding if needbe
Well, I'm currently doing another playthrough for my little brother, I'd be down to refresh your memory. I've been sitting on this idea for a while, ngl. DM me and we can get down to nitty gritty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back