• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Hoppers

Rylie climbs up onto the roof "ehh can't complain" she shrugs "anyway kid... where are you planning to go?" she asks inputting some more commands on her hands "hold that thought..." she tells him before taking his hand and hopping back to her apartment. "UAW can't come in here... part of their original stance on hoppers model A-G the ones given some sense of free will... partly to whats contained in here" she taps her head

Richard had to reorientate himself once they warped into her room, it was a feeling he had only felt once before when he had been taken from his universe to this one. "Truth is I have no idea. Can't go back home, the Hoppers have taken over," he sighed as he took a seat on a free chair. That's when he looked up at Rylie, figuring that know he had a chance to ask her some questions. "Why the hell are you helping me? Not that I'm complaining or anything.

"The aforementioned stuff in here" she taps her head "you see... UAW are currently scrapping Gen 1 and 2 Hoppers... because we have the ability to think for ourselves... when I saw you... I... oh it doesn't matter the point is I wanna teach those fuckers a lesson for what they did to me... and you being a former slave... should also want to teach those same fuckers a lesson" Rylie sits on her bed "and besides your home world would have been destroyed by now..."

Richard supposed that made sense, the UAW did seem like the type of people who would want their Hoppers as drone like as possible. That way they wouldn't even question why the UAW were taking over peaceful dimensions. He was about to tell Rylie that he didn't really care about teaching anyone a lesson, he just wanted to be free, and then she mentioned that his home was probably destroyed. Richard didn't say anything, he simply began to cry.

Rylie rolls her eyes "oh c'mon... look I'm sorry but it's the truth. They invade a world, kidnap it's residents and as a show of dominance destroy the planet" She sighs "If it makes you feel better we can go gut the bastard that destroyed your home" She gives him a cold metallic hug "would you like that? hmm? would you like some revenge?"

"Fuck you," Richard said softly, not looking up at Rylie. He had thought that lower agents like Rylie didn't know about the awful things that the UAW did, but she knew and still stayed with them. "You work for those monsters, you know what they do to people who have done nothing wrong, and you had the free will to quit and did nothing."

"I work for those monsters?! you think I chose to become this? to be torn apart and stuck back together like some science project?!" She lifts up her hair showing a small black box "I may have free will but as long as that thing is stuck there I can't leave... " she punches him in the cheek "I was taken from my home when I was little... I was forced to work for them untill I was 15... then I was taken away to a lab... I don't know where... where they made me into this!" It's now Rylie's turn to cry

Richard rubbed his cheek after she hit it, surprised at how much strength she had put behind it. He felt filled with anger and wanted to hit her back, even if it probably wouldn't hurt her. But the longer that he listened the more he felt awful for her. He had spent so long trapped by the UAW that he had never thought that any of them could have been forced to become a Hopper. Richard sighed, "i'm….sorry," he said softly, "I...didn't know and I....I had a lot of family back in my home dimension.....just let my anger get to me I guess."

"you had family?" Rylie looks over her shoulder at Richard she sighs "Well if they did what they did to my home world then everyone was taken... your family's still alive... maybe as slaves... or worse... but they're alive..." Rylie flops down on her bed before sending off a couple of messages using her eye projector

Richard gave a soft smile, happy that Ryle was trying to make him feel better. "Thanks, but if they were slaves i'm sure I would have seen them," Richard said sadly, "though I suppose I cant fully give up hope." He knew that his family was probably dead, but thinking that they were alive may just keep him going through all this. "So whats the plan now?"

"well I just sent a message to the Resistance... so I suppose we should meet up with them..." Rylie gets up from her bed and stretches "or do you want to sleep? I don't really need to... but feel free to I guess..." Rylie goes back to watching her trashy reality shows on her holographic projector

Richard's eye brown raised lightly at the mention that there was a resistance and the Rylie had their number, it implied that Rylie had been thinking about this escape for a while. "Thanks for the offer but I think I'm too on edge to sleep right now," he said softly before looking at Rylie, "hey can I look at that control box thing?"

"you mean my brain?" Rylie looks at him "no you can't have a look... it's my brain what if you broke it? I'd be a million credit pile of scrap" she rolls her eyes. "well actually it's not my only brain... I have two... organic and mechanical like all hoppers the organic one controls things like breathing and speech and over all in control of the organic parts. The Mechanical one controls everything else... and since both my legs, arms, eyes and blood circulatory pump are mechanical I'd rather not have some unwashed primate sack of meat messing around with it..." Rylie covers her mouth having accidentally let her mechanical brain voice it's opinion

For a moment Richard said nothing, and then he began laughing softly. Of course what she'd said wasn't exactly funny, it was just so sudden an unexpected that it force some laughter out of Richard. "Well I am full of meat I'll give you that," he chuckled lightly before sniffing his pits, "and I do smell, but only cause I was a slave to the UAW." He continued to chuckle as he got up, "don't suppose you have a shower?"

Rylie was confused at why Richard was laughing "yeah I have a shower... it's in the bathroom... although I don't use it that much" She sits in a chair "was that funny to you? wow people have messed up senses of humour where you're from"

"Maybe," Richard said as his chuckling came to a stop, "or maybe I just never expected to be called a meat sack." The truth was that maybe he had just spent so long without laughter that he was taking any excuse to laugh. "Be back shortly," he said as he took his shirt of, his muscles proof of his manual labour, and headed to the shower.

Whilst Richard was showering Rylie went to her wardrobe to pick out another uniform one that wasn't missing a leg, stained with lubricant from the mechanical rams in her legs or filled with bullet holes. She takes off her uniform and picks out her two favourites one is Prisoner transport and the other is a standard UAW L class hopper uniform of 2097 design

Richard had a lot to think about while he was in the shower. Sure meeting up with the resistance sounded like a good idea now, he didn't have anywhere else to go after all, but what if they wanted him to fight along side them. Richard wasn't a fighter, which was evident when he had been with Rylie at the suit. Rylie thought it was a good idea though and she had saved his life, so he had no reason not to trust her.

Rylie decides on the Prisoner Transport uniform as it more suited the situation they were in especially as Richards jumpsuit was just a subtly modified prisoner Jumpsuit, the two could easily get anywhere they needed... however she did like the Class L 2097 Standard Issue uniform a lot more... and it would be a shame to leave such a thing behind. She tries it on again but then recognises the importance of blending in and decides to not decide and take both.

A few moments later Richard returned out of the bathroom and grabbed the shirt he had dropped on the floor and put it on. "So any word from the resistance yet?" he asked curiously. He knew that they were probably waiting until they could get a secure connection before sending a message, but he was anxious to get as far away from this place as soon as possible.

Rylie checks her messenger "no nothing yet... although I know of a safe house... we can't stay here UAW knows I was involved... if they find out I've been helping captives no law is going to prevent them searching this place" She sits in an armchair "We'll have to use a public portal, Mine's traceable... Resistance should be able to do something about that though"

Richard felt some relief at the mention of a safe house, glad that would be able to get out of here and away from the UAW. Though the mention of having to go through a public portal suddenly brought up a whole set of other problems. "Well if we're going to be going through the public portals I may need a new attire," Richard said as he too took a seat, "im guessing that a slave jumpsuit may draw attention."

"Not Necessarily if I'm wearing my Prisoner Transport Attire then it'll look like a low risk inmate being transported by a single Hopper. If anyone asks why we're at the Portal Hub we can just say my Rift Generator's faulty" Rylie begins looking through her draws "I have handcuffs somewhere..."

Richard couldn't argue with Rylie's logic. Assuming that no one had figure out that she had betrayed the UAW then there should be no problem with a Hopper transporting a prisoner. "Handcuffs? I didn't think Hopper's were into that sort of thing," Richard chuckled playfully.

"I-I umm- i-It-s u-umm This unit is experiencing emotional processor malfunctions please report to a certified UAW technician" Richard's comment seems to have broken Rylie in some way possibly due to her embarrassment chip being overloaded in an incredibly short time. She 'shut's down' for a few seconds before waking up and slapping Richard "don't you know how much I cost! don't try and break me!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back