• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Hopeless Despair (A Danganronpa Interest Check)

ThePastelWitch

"There is no magic when one no longer believes."
[div class=container][div class=glaze][div class=tabsContainer][div class=tabNames]
[div class="tabName titleName"]Title Screen[/div]
[div class="tabName introName"]Synopsis[/div]
[div class="tabName requestsName"]The Basics[/div]
[div class="tabName bbcodeName"]Credit[/div]
[/div][div class=tabs]
[div class="tab titletab"]
[/div]
[div class="tab introtab"]
[/div]
[div class="tab requeststab"]
[/div]
[div class="tab bbcodetab"]
[/div]
[/div][/div][div class="spoke titleSpoke"][div class=contentContainer]
[div class="content titleContent"]
[div class=Title]Hopeless Despair[/div][/div]
[div class="header titleHeader"][div class=caption]
A game of life and death
(mostly death)

Will you survive?
[/div]
[/div]
[/div][/div][div class="spoke introSpoke"][div class=contentContainer]
[div class="content introContent"][div class=scroll]

New World Order song on Credit page. Play for reading ambiance.
latest
Puhuhuhuhuhuhu!
Looks like it's all coming together one last time. Welcome to Monokuma Kingdom, the last place you'll ever see!
Can you believe that you've been given such an amazing opportunity? I mean, this is the game of a lifetime! And hosted by yours truly! Come one, come all back to a time that was riddled with knights, princesses, dragons, and all sorts of things that plagued humanity. But you special students will be able to handle it, right? After all, you're the best of the absolute best!
There's just one teensy, little detail that you should know. In this kingdom, you will be expected to kill someone if you ever want to leave.
Yup! You read that right! If you want to leave this magnificent kingdom, you will have to kill your fellow classmates and get away with it.

Puhuhuhuhu! Can you handle something as minor as that? Can you trust the people around you? Oh! And just like the other few games that I've done, you'll also notice something very peculiar about this place. You're welcome to explore and find out its secrets. Just remember to kill a friend or two along the way. If you don't, I'll get bored. And you won't like it when I get bored...

[/div][/div]
[div class="header introContent"]
Syn
opsis

[/div][/div][/div][div class="spoke requestsSpoke"][div class=contentContainer]
[div class="content requestsContent"][div class=scroll]

250px-Drg_logo.png
New World Order song on Credit page. Play for reading ambiance.
★ Hope's Peak Academy's 77-A Class has been sent on a field trip to a far off country to learn about different cultures together. Things start to take a turn for the worst when their teacher disappears and a strange bear seems to follow them around the kingdom.
★ Every character is an Ultimate for a certain skill/talent that hasn't been seen in the series before (to help spark some unique playing)
★ Each student gets their own room in the castle and all students are free to explore the kingdom to their heart's content.
★ Since this is a kingdom of older morals and customs, investigations and trials will be done differently. Investigations in a specific scene will be done by dice rolls and PMing with the creator/moderators of the thread.
★ Trials will be done through combat, where the one who loses will be forced to give up any precious information they have. Any false accusations will lead to wasted time and therefore, a more bored Monokuma. And we all know what that could lead to.
★ A killer and victim will be chosen at random unless you wish to volunteer for either of those roles (if you die, that doesn't have to be the end of your character. PM me if character dies for more information).
★ Overall activity in the OOC thread will be mandatory as to help flesh out characters, what you want for them, connections, general plotting, etc.
★ This will be a roleplay that I expect to have at least two, beefy paragraphs each post. No chat speak, no illegible colors, etc. General roleplaying and website rules.
★ This is just the rough idea of what I have so far. Other details can be done little by little through talking with other people, if interested.

[/div][/div]
[div class="header requestsContent"]
The
Basics

[/div][/div][/div][div class="spoke bbcodeSpoke"][div class=contentContainer]
[div class="content bbcodeContent"][div class=scroll]

Credit goes to Alteras for the original code of this beautiful bbcode masterpiece

[/div][/div]
[div class="header bbcodeHeader"]
Credit
and Ambiance

[/div][/div]
[/div][/div][div class=circle]
[div class=circleClose]Close[/div]
[div class=circleOpen]Open[/div]
[/div][/div] [class=container] --img-w: 2100; --img-h: 1200; --cir-center-h: 61.08%; --cir-center-w: 26.86%; --cir-radius: 12.7; --cir-thickness: .5vw; --bg-color: rgba(232, 160, 186, 0.9); --divide-thick: .25vw; --tab-color-1:#600000; --tab-color-2:#383838; --tab-color-3:#FFFFFF; --tab-color-4:#8e1b5e; color:#600000; width: 100%; padding-top: calc( var(--img-h) / var(--img-w) * 100%); background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/Jjk8HGs.jpg'); background-size:contain; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=glaze] --cir-radius-math: calc( var(--cir-radius) / 100 * 100%); width: 100%; padding-top: calc( var(--img-h) / var(--img-w) * 100%); background-image: radial-gradient(circle farthest-side at var(--cir-center-w) var(--cir-center-h), transparent 0%, transparent var(--cir-radius-math), white var(--cir-radius-math), white calc(var(--cir-radius-math) + var(--cir-thickness)), var(--bg-color) calc(var(--cir-radius-math) + var(--cir-thickness))); position: absolute; top:0; clip-path: circle( 10% at var(--cir-center-w) var(--cir-center-h) ); -webkit-clip-path: circle( 11% at var(--cir-center-w) var(--cir-center-h) ); transition: clip-path 1s ease-out, -webkit-clip-path 1s ease-out; [/class] [class=glazeOpen] clip-path: circle( 100% at var(--cir-center-w) var(--cir-center-h) ); -webkit-clip-path: circle( 100% at var(--cir-center-w) var(--cir-center-h) ); transition: clip-path 1s ease-out 1.5s, -webkit-clip-path 1s ease-out 1.5s; [/class] [class=tabsContainer] z-index:10; position: absolute; width: calc( var(--cir-center-w) - ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 - var(--cir-thickness) - 10 * var(--divide-thick) ); height: calc( 2vw + 6px); top: calc( var(--cir-center-h) - var(--divide-thick) / 2 ); left: 0; border-top: var(--divide-thick) solid white; [/class] [class=tabNames] width: 100%; height: auto; bottom: calc( 100% + var(--divide-thick) ); position: absolute; [/class] [class=tabName] width: 100%; height: auto; box-sizing: border-box; position: absolute; bottom:0; font-size: calc(1.25vw + 6px); text-align: center; opacity:0; transition: opacity .5s ease-in; [/class] [class=tabNameShow] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=tabs] width: 100%; height: 100%; display: flex; flew-flow: row nowrap; justify-content: space-around; font-size: calc(1.25vw + 6px); [/class] [class=tab] flex: 1 1 auto; text-align: center; cursor: pointer; [/class] [class=titletab] color: var(--tab-color-1); transition: all .5s ease-in; [/class] [class name=titletab state=hover] color: white; background-color: var(--tab-color-1); [/class] [class=titleName] color: var(--tab-color-1); transition: opacity .5s ease-in; [/class] [script class=titletab on=mouseenter] addClass tabNameShow titleName [/script] [script class=titletab on=mouseleave] removeClass tabNameShow titleName [/script] [class=introtab] color: var(--tab-color-2); transition: all .5s ease-in; [/class] [class name=introtab state=hover] color: white; background-color: var(--tab-color-2); [/class] [class=introName] color: var(--tab-color-2); [/class] [script class=introtab on=mouseenter] addClass tabNameShow introName [/script] [script class=introtab on=mouseleave] removeClass tabNameShow introName [/script] [class=requeststab] color: var(--tab-color-3); transition: all .5s ease-in; [/class] [class name=requeststab state=hover] color: white; background-color: var(--tab-color-3); [/class] [class=requestsName] color: var(--tab-color-3); [/class] [script class=requeststab on=mouseenter] addClass tabNameShow requestsName [/script] [script class=requeststab on=mouseleave] removeClass tabNameShow requestsName [/script] [class=bbcodetab] color: var(--tab-color-4); transition: all .5s ease-in; [/class] [class name=bbcodetab state=hover] color: white; background-color: var(--tab-color-4); [/class] [class=bbcodeName] color: var(--tab-color-4); [/class] [script class=bbcodetab on=mouseenter] addClass tabNameShow bbcodeName [/script] [script class=bbcodetab on=mouseleave] removeClass tabNameShow bbcodeName [/script] [class=spoke] --math: calc( var(--cir-center-w) + ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 + var(--cir-thickness) + 10 * var(--divide-thick) ); position: absolute; height: 100%; width: 100%; bottom: calc( 100% - var(--cir-center-h) - var(--divide-thick) / 2 ); left: var(--math); border-bottom: var(--divide-thick) white solid; transform-origin: calc( -1 * ( var(--math) - var(--cir-center-w) ) ) bottom; transform: rotate(-270deg); opacity: 0; transition: transform 3s ease-in-out 1.75s , opacity 1s linear 2.75s; [/class] [class=SpokeReveal] transition: transform 3s ease-in-out .5s, opacity 1s linear 1.5s; transform: rotate(0deg); opacity: 1; [/class] [class=contentContainer] height: 100%; width: calc( 100% - var(--math) ); left:0; position:relative; [/class] [class=content] width: calc( 100% - 5px); height: calc( var(--cir-center-h) - var(--divide-thick) / 2 - 15px); max-height:0; bottom: 0; left:0; overflow: hidden; position: absolute; transition: max-height 1.5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=scroll] height: auto; max-height: 100%; padding-top: 15px; width: calc( 100%); bottom: 0; position: absolute; padding-right: 200px; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [class=header] width: 100%; height: calc( 100% - var(--cir-center-h) - var(--divide-thick) / 2); max-height:0; top: calc(100% + var(--divide-thick) ); line-height: .9; font-size: calc( 5.5vw + 2px ); overflow:hidden; position: absolute; transition: max-height 1.5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=Title] height: auto; left:0; bottom: 0; position: absolute; color: white; font-size: calc( 5.5vw + 8px ); line-height:.9; [/class] [class=caption] width:100%; height: 4vw; font-size: calc( 1.75vw + 6px ); line-height: 1.2; position: absolute; [/class] [class=ShowContent] max-height: 75vh; transition: max-height 1.5s ease-in-out 3.25s; [/class] [class=ShowHeader] max-height: 75vh; transition: max-height 1.5s ease-in-out 3.25s; [/class] [class=circle] width: calc( 2 * ( ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 ) + 2 * var(--cir-thickness) ); height: calc( ( 2 * ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 ) * var(--img-w) / var(--img-h) + 2 * var(--cir-thickness)); box-sizing: border-box; border-radius: 50%; top: calc( var(--cir-center-h) - ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 * var(--img-w) / var(--img-h) - var(--cir-thickness) ); left: calc( var(--cir-center-w) - ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 - var(--cir-thickness) ); right: calc( 100% - ( var(--cir-center-w) + ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 + var(--cir-thickness) ) ); position: absolute; cursor: pointer; border: 0px white solid; transition: border-width .5s ease-in-out 1s; [/class] [class=circleReveal] transition: border-width .5s ease-in-out; border-width: calc(var(--cir-thickness) + 2px); [/class] [class=circleClose] text-align: center; color: #ffd3df; top: 50%; left: 50%; font-size: calc( 1vw + 6px); transform: translateX(-50%) translateY(-50%); position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: opacity .2s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=circleOpen] text-align: center; color: #ffd3df; top: 50%; left: 50%; font-size: calc( 1vw + 6px); transform: translateX(-50%) translateY(-50%); position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: opacity .2s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=circleOpacity] opacity:1; [/class] [script=circle] set isOpen 1 addClass circleReveal circle addClass glazeOpen glaze [/script] [script class=circle on=mouseenter] if (eq ${isOpen} 1) (addClass circleOpacity circleClose) (addClass circleOpacity circleOpen) [/script] [script class=circle on=mouseleave] removeClass circleOpacity circleClose removeClass circleOpacity circleOpen [/script] [script class=circle on=click] removeClass circleOpacity circleClose removeClass circleOpacity circleOpen if (eq ${isOpen} 1) (removeClass glazeOpen glaze) if (eq ${isOpen} 1) (removeClass circleReveal circle) if (eq ${isOpen} 0) (addClass glazeOpen glaze) if (eq ${isOpen} 0) (addClass circleReveal circle) if (eq ${isOpen} 1) (set isOpen 0) (set isOpen 1) [/script] [script=tab] set TabSel 0 set TabHis 1 addClass ShowContent titleContent addClass ShowHeader titleHeader addClass SpokeReveal titleSpoke [/script] [script class=tab on=click] set TabSel (getText) if (eq ${TabSel} ${TabHis}) (stop) //if tab selected is current tab, stop. if (eq ${TabHis} 1) (removeClass ShowContent titleContent) if (eq ${TabHis} 1) (removeClass ShowHeader titleHeader) if (eq ${TabHis} 2) (removeClass ShowContent introContent) if (eq ${TabHis} 2) (removeClass ShowHeader introHeader) if (eq ${TabHis} 3) (removeClass ShowContent requestsContent) if (eq ${TabHis} 3) (removeClass ShowHeader requestsHeader) if (eq ${TabHis} 4) (removeClass ShowContent bbcodeContent) if (eq ${TabHis} 4) (removeClass ShowHeader bbcodeHeader) //hide the text and prepare for SPINNING if (eq ${TabHis} 1) (removeClass SpokeReveal titleSpoke) if (eq ${TabHis} 2) (removeClass SpokeReveal introSpoke) if (eq ${TabHis} 3) (removeClass SpokeReveal requestsSpoke) if (eq ${TabHis} 4) (removeClass SpokeReveal bbcodeSpoke) //spinning to hide spoke complete. Prepare to spin spoke into view if (eq ${TabSel} 1) (addClass SpokeReveal titleSpoke) if (eq ${TabSel} 2) (addClass SpokeReveal introSpoke) if (eq ${TabSel} 3) (addClass SpokeReveal requestsSpoke) if (eq ${TabSel} 4) (addClass SpokeReveal bbcodeSpoke) //spinning complete. Show the new stuff if (eq ${TabSel} 1) (addClass ShowContent titleContent) if (eq ${TabSel} 1) (addClass ShowHeader titleHeader) if (eq ${TabSel} 2) (addClass ShowContent introContent) if (eq ${TabSel} 2) (addClass ShowHeader introHeader) if (eq ${TabSel} 3) (addClass ShowContent requestsContent) if (eq ${TabSel} 3) (addClass ShowHeader requestsHeader) if (eq ${TabSel} 4) (addClass ShowContent bbcodeContent) if (eq ${TabSel} 4) (addClass ShowHeader bbcodeHeader) set TabHis ${TabSel} [/script]

Danganronpa and medieval settings both interest me, and the combination of those sounds very promising, but also quite ambitious to pull off. Looking forward to seeing more of the story and mechanics. I can't say that I'll join, but I hope this goes along well and I wish you the best of luck in running the RP.

I know it's still an interest check in the early phase, but with the intention of helping set things up, I'm going to bring up a few points that I think might be important to be decided on, preferably sooner rather than later. You could add your answers to the rules or discuss them with other potential players.
  • How much Danganronpa knowledge will be required? I mean as if, for example, you were to include something in the mechanics or story that's shown in a specific game/novel which could count as a spoiler for someone who didn't play it. And on the spoiler note, would they be allowed/limited/prohibited in OOC?
  • You mentioned only unique talents, two concerns about that. First, is the token lucky student exempt from that rule? Second, aren't you concerned that that might limit the possibilities for players, and thus lower activity/interest as well? I understand wanting new experiences but if someone would really like to play their OC with the same talent as a canon character, that would be unfortunate. New talents could have more chances of being accepted, for example, but you'd judge repeated ones on a case-to-case basis. And if anything, the medieval thing already does a lot of adding new things to the RP.
  • Related to the trials, since they'll be through combat (a pretty interesting idea by the way, curious to see it) wouldn't that make some characters way better at it than others (as in, characters talented with something physical/action-oriented would be better, regardless of how intelligent they are)? I think it can easily be incorporated as a cool mechanic (for example, having to convince a really dumb character that was the best at combat to challenge who you think the culprit is), was just wondering if that's an intended addition.
  • Maybe I should've included this in the first point, but is there any connection to the canon games? As in, prequel or sequel? Or is it a parallel/alternate universe story? My opinion is that the latter is the safest option, so I'd recommend that.
  • How is the pacing expected to be, both IC and OOC? Around 1 post per day in IC, posting IC only after details have been sorted out in OOC, weekly IC posts, things like that, as well as the tolerance in case someone needs to take some more time than what was specified.
  • How many characters would each player actually play? I personally wouldn't want to play multiple characters at all and think doing so could easily hurt the RP, but in case someone wants to (or maybe becomes necessary to fill in character slots), how would that go?
  • Also on the character topic, would they mostly be japanese? Just in the interests of keeping submissions consistent, really. Japan had a quite interesting medieval time, and while I'm not sure about literal dragons and demons, there were some people with such nicknames.
Those were the points I could think of right now, if I think of any others I'll post them later. I'm personally more worried about the pacing, both because of real-life stuff and the fact that rushed posts can really lower the quality of the RP.

I even have some OCs in my head, never used them for a Danganronpa RP though, so it'd be interesting to migrate one of them here, but that's beside the point, only relevant if I do end up joining. Regardless, I'll be following the thread so if I can help out, I wouldn't mind. And again, good luck.

EDIT: I'll also try doing some advertising on my own on some other places, I'm not sure if people would be interested but it can't hurt to try.

Shuusuke Shuusuke -

These are all really great points that you've brought up and thank you for asking them. I'll try to address them as easily as I can (seeing as I'm still mulling over the details myself. Lol I didn't want to get super committed if people weren't into it)​
  • Danganronpa knowledge required would probably be to the second game, since some of the plot is based off of that one. (But it's not so heavily based that you should be an expert on the series by any means.) V3 spoilers will be prohibited since I haven't been able to play that one myself. And that would include the OOC and IC as well. (If people want to discuss the spoilers as a group rather than in PM to one another, I'll probably just request spoiler tags and a warning over it so none of us accidentally click it)
  • The Lucky Student wouldn't be exempt, but it would be done a little more differently than the other roles and they would ideally be more like Naegi rather than Komaeda, to help keep things sort of fair for everyone in the game. And if someone had an interesting take on a talent already taken in the series, then I'm all ears. But it couldn't be the same character from the game, you feel me? Like if someone wants to be the Ultimate Baseball Star and they had a cool character idea that wasn't just a carbon copy of Leon Kuwata, then yeah! Apply away. But I do want to see what other talents some people might want to bring to the table too. (These don't include V3 since I and many others haven't played it, though. So those talents are game)
  • The trials part will be a little more complicated and probably handled a lot in the OOC some. Say if both characters are physically attacking and are evenly matched, they will have to roll dice to see who lands the hit. Advantage and disadvantage things will apply. And the other characters will be there too, so they could easily distract, persuade, etc. the people participating in combat. And if someone is challenged that doesn't want to actually fight physically, they can always use their intelligence, information, and charisma to win over their opponent. But all characters will have to remember that in a trial, they're all on the spot and any wrong move could make others suspicious of them. Physical combat can still be a mind game, just with more action. Lol
  • I mentioned them being the 77-A class because there wasn't any mention of such a class (that I can remember), mainly because it's sort of its own game outside of the whole series. The plot has been made based on the two games, but it won't have an impact on what is going on in the series. This is just this class's game.
  • This was something I wanted to work out with members that wanted to join, since there's no telling how busy everyone is. Personally, I'd prefer at least a good, lengthy post once a week but a few posts in the OOC (unless permitted otherwise). I'm pretty lenient if one is sick or has a grievance in the family or things along those lines. But I'd probably start pushing if someone doesn't post in two weeks. If nothing has changed after two and a half weeks (half a month really), then I'll probably end up kicking them and their character can be the next forfeit.
  • I'm not a big fan of people doing multiple characters because if someone has to drop and they have a good chunk of people in the roleplay, it could hurt us supremely. However, this game will have at least sixteen students, so I'm open to having people play up to two people. No one is going to be asked to play a total of two, but if someone wants to up their involvement, they're welcome to. But I draw the line there.
  • This is why I chose a nonexistent class in the series. Lol Whether someone wants to be Japanese or a foreigner, they are absolutely able to. If we have a lot of people who aren't Japanese, then we can call them the foreign exchange program of Hope's Peak. But if we have mostly Japanese and a few foreigners, then they can be just like any other class. I'm not restricting nationalities in this.
I hope that clears up some of those things. Feel free to let me know any other inquiries that you might have. ^^​

Last edited:
ThePastelWitch ThePastelWitch
Soo how would you go about deciding attack, def, skill etc for the trials? As you mentioned dice rolls happen if they are equally matched but how will that be determined?

Side note would alliances be a thing that could happen then if the characters would be of the type to make alliances? In DR at least the first, everyone was basically all for sharing info that wouldn't implicate them, if some are straight up fighting would uneven fights be a thing; like 2 vs 1?

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic -
Great questions. We would all roll for five stats in the OOC (Strength (how hard someone hits), Dexterity (how easily someone can dodge), Constitution (how well someone can take a hit), and Charisma (how well someone can talk another person down). They'll offer bonuses depending on the rolled number to dice rolls, but there's always still a chance that someone will fail.

And though Monokuma would love to see the entire class turn on each other, battles would only be 1v1. The other classmates will be able to talk to/at the combatants, but not be able to physically interfere. Alliances are allowed, though. You can investigate as a group, get to know each other, make some drama, fall in love, etc.​

Ohh interested

ThePastelWitch ThePastelWitch
Maybe instead of rolling for five stats independently, we roll five stats and we can assign them to the attribute as needed? An Ultimate Politician with 10 Strength and 2 Charisma will be weird, for example.

As a note I have my character Ultimate Planned :3
Gonna be the Ultimate Environmental Protection Planner/Technician

Just realized that I wasn't getting notifications because even though I was tagged I am technically not watching.

Whoops

ThePastelWitch ThePastelWitch I'm stupidly interested in this. I love Danganronpa to death !
I'm unsure if it'll work out... But I want to be Ultimate Shrinking Violet

I just realized that I haven't been getting notifications for this thread for some reason. 0_o I also haven't decided on my own character as of yet. Lol If we get a couple more peeps interested, I'll start on making a thread. (But it may be after tomorrow/today. I have a 10 hour shift in about 8 hours. Lol)

cojemo cojemo -
Thank you for your interest! ^^​

Andrita Andrita -
That seems pretty interesting. And thank you for your interest. ^^​

This looks awesome, definitely interested. I'm thinking Ultimate Bowman and/or Ultimate Improviser.

P.S. I guess I'll have to hold in my DR3 spoilers;D.

wdinatx wdinatx -
I'm actually playing V3 a little on and off now. Lol But I'm fine with people using those talents, especially since I already said that it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back