• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Homestuck] Paradoxopolis

==> Aggress!

You switch out your weapons once more. Now equipping your revolver, your attack the ogre from a distance, unloading three more bullets into its body from your range. Your attack does less decisive damage, but also implements less risk given your low health circumstances.

You deal the fatal blow to the Ogre, dropping a small amount of grist for your effort.

VICTORIOUS MOMENT!
Gel Viscosity Up!
Grist Cache Up!
Anna learned a new Strife Tech: ASSAIL!

==> Anna: Reap further spoils

You sit down. CRossing your legs and giving a great sigh of relief as your health meter steadily rises back up after your encounter ends. You put away your gun, looking at your meager grist upgrade. Man, you're really gonna be here for a while. You descend down the ladder you made and look over to your room. YOur clothes are now scratched up and in ruins. You walk over to your laptop, and quickly affix four beams to your roof, and copy and paste the format of your roof to the top. You continue to model with your roof and affix a series of platforms and ladders until you build up to your first gate.

You notice that you still have a bit of grist leftover to make a weapon, and you eagerly oblige! You go over to your bookcase. Now having the option to add anything to your gun to upgrade it and make it more powerful, there is a number of options at your disposal. You take out your favorite volume of the Puri Puri Yume series, volume 36 and captchalogue it.

==> // Puri Puri Volume and Freezing Point

You make the (||) NORTHERN LIGHTS HEAVEN BLASTER, or as a more practical translation used by the more serious fans, the Aurora Borealis, favored weapon of the Plutonian Alien Princess GLARGANTHIA.

==> Anna: Ascend

Perfect. You knew that combining the space age arch volume focused on your favorite character of the time would be the perfect thematic element needed to perfect your weapon. You're all the deadlier with this thing in your grip. You keep your other weapons at the ready, making some cheaply made bullets for yourself to reload from your previous encounter. You kill a few imps along the way with your freezing point. Chilling and smashing ice statues along the way until your finally reach your first gate.

Whatever lies beyond is a total mystery. But it's a mystery you're willing to find out. You are suddenly feeling more self-assured and confident after your recent victory. You jump up to let your hand touch the gate.

A brilliant light outshines the vibrant seas and clouds, and you feel yourself become nothing, before being reassembled in a warehouse.

It's made of steel painted snow white, the only light is coming from a small skylight that you can't really see anything through.
A door is to your left, a smaller version of the First Gate is to your right.

==> Anna: Investigate

You take a look at the warehouse around you. You take a step forward, wincing a bit as you realize abruise is already forming on your thigh in addition to a scraped knee from your last rough encounter. This game really isn't pulling any punches.

You take a beat to collect yourself. And choose to inspect the smaller first gate looking portal first. You find out, after returning via the first gate again, that this is a return node. Good to know you can always return back home through these. In fact, it was pretty reckless of you to go through your first gate unprepared as you were...

You hold up your gun, business as usual, and step through the door to your left.

A cacophony of bright lights meets your eyes, and as they adjust you see where you are.

You are in a massive CITY OF WHITE STEEL, on the tallest skyscrapers, Massive television screens are built directly on top, light a star on a Christmas tree. Thousands of little gray creatures walk the streets, skeletal reptiles long since dead, but have been reanimated.

Where are you?

==> Anna: Ah!

You are immediately frightened by the look of the city occupied by those bone imps.you have encountered. But you recognize after a short second that these creatures are clearly different. Skeletal perhaps, but they look different than the indiscriminate monster shapes you've seen thus far. They also seem to be rather peaceful, going about their day while the Bone Imps and other minions seemed much more primal and aggressive.

You keep your pistil equipped but stowed for the moment as you approach one of them walking down the street.

You nervously greet them, and introduce yourself.

ANNA: h-hello!
ANNA: I b-bid you fair greetings my g-good sir!
ANNA: Where am I?

The SKELETAL SALAMANDER speaks.

SALAMANDER: This is the Illuminant City, home of the largest screens in the land, we pride ourselves on building them, or we did when we were alive.

ANNA: oh, I sup-pose you did die...
ANNA: how did that happen?
ANNA: if you don't m-mind my asking
ANNA: i didn't know there were inhabitants to the m-medium....

SALAMANDER: We were killed by the Denizen's mighty storm in his anger. It hurt, but we don't really mind anymore.

SALAMANDER: ABRAXAS, the Greater Denizen. He was a huge dick, but he's calmed down a lot. He even brought us back to life to assist the Noble.

SALAMANDER: You don't know about the Noble? I don't blame you, you're new. The Noble is a legendary Hero who we died waiting for, they are the one who will face the Denizen and free those who have been oppressed.

SALAMANDER: Facing the Denizen doesn't mean fighting. He will offer the Noble the Choice, it is up to them what they do with it.

ANNA: s-so that's the main purpose of this quest....
ANNA: I have to meet ab-braxas....and make a choice...
ANNA: d-do you know what the name of this land is called?

ANNA: y-you're s-salamanders!
ANNA: I w-was wondering what you were!
ANNA: i-i knew you were different from those i-imps!
ANNA: w-why are they d-dead though?
ANNA: w-w-where do they come f-from?

SALAMANDER: It's fine, we don't have much to do anyway, if we were alive you'd have to ask each question to a different salamander, luckily that isn't the case. The undead don't really care. Derse is the obsidian city, but we don't really know much about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back