• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom homestuck?? in 2022??

redzsoda

Roleplay Type(s)
on the off chance that anyone saw my intro post; this is the singular homestuck interest check i was talking about

despite knowing the hs fandom is alive and well on a variety of social medias, im also aware that it's not wildly popular on most roleplay sites anymore. so im not expecting many or really any responses (please somebody prove me wrong)

but yeah. if anyone IS interested, here are the pairings ive been wanting to write for. the characters i would rather be are in bold:

- davekat (dave/karkat): they were my heartstopper /hj
platonic + romantic, but i feel like i always write them with at least hints towards them liking each other? so just a heads up about that. i dont have any specific prompts for any of these, so im totally up for any suggestions. i just love them and i find them so easy to write for because their dynamic is so good.

- rosemary (rose/kanaya): romantic only just because its literally rose and kanaya. again, no specific prompts in mind. i just love them. i dont have a ton of experience writing for either characters, but i feel pretty confident in my ability anyways. my only worry with them is that sometimes rps of them can get a bit stagnant for some reason, so we would need to come up with a solid prompt idea together beforehand.

- johndave (john/dave): preferably platonic, but im always up for an unrequited crush prompt if that takes your fancy. dont have much experience writing as john whatsoever so would only really be comfortable as dave for this one.

platonic/familial relationships only
- rose/dave: we love a good sibling dynamic. the only idea i have for them relies on implied rosemary and davekat though so if thats not for you we can 100% figure out something else.

- dave/kanaya: similarly, the only idea i have for them HEAVILY relies on implied davekat, so we can think of something else if you don't want that. i just like building on their dynamic, i think the way they interact is so interesting and deserves a lot more recognition. i would rather write as dave, but the reason ive highlighted both is because the prompt i have in mind is basically them talking about the differences in troll vs humans n whatever, e.g. them asking each other for advice after their respective alien partner has done something they consider strange, and i know some people might not be comfortable with trying to come up with a ton of fanmade troll lore on the spot lmao.

- jade/karkat: prefacing this one with a warning; i have never done an rp of them before and am not entirely sure of how it would go, but i really want to try. i would also be more inclined to focus their dynamic more on the one we see in the epilogues if that makes sense? they dont really like each other but theyre trying to make it work? i guess that lowkey implies davejadekat but it doesnt have to. this is probably the one im most unsure about.

dave/jade: somehow the only one i have an actual prompt for?? included this one in the platonic only section because i really dislike them together romantically, and while the prompt i have in mind does involve them being in a relationship, it is also centred around how dysfunctional and broken it is. once again more rooted in the epilogues, but i dont think you have to have read them to get what i mean (i can explain what happens with them if you want to know though!). very angsty, unrequited love, themes of internalized homophobia, the usual things you expect from 2022 davejade. i read a fanfic which revolved around jade realising that their relationship is broken and never really worked to begin with, and both of them being sort of in denial for different reasons? i really liked that idea. can include implied davekat, doesn't have to at all!

stuff to know about me
- i am 16. it doesnt make a huge difference to me how old my rp partners are, but for romantic rps i would prefer them to be around my age.

- ghost friendly

- the speed of my replies vary a LOT; sometimes i will respond instantly, other times it might take a day or two. sorry if this is a dealbreaker for anyone!

- i don't expect you to ever match the length of my replies, regardless of what type of rp we are doing (casual, semi-lit, etc.) i tend to get carried away and write more than i intend to, and i do not at all expect you to do the same! write however much you feel is necessary, and we can discuss this further in pms if needed.

- i live in the uk, just to give you an idea of my timezone. my sleep schedule is pretty screwed up though, so a lot of the time it doesnt really make much difference lmao

- i am a full-time student and have 2 part-time jobs, which is why sometimes my replies might be delayed or come at odd hours of the day. i should be online pretty regularly regardless though.

- i do not know every single little detail about homestuck. i am a very big fan and have read the comic multiple times, but that doesnt mean i know everything nor am i required to. if i dont pick up on a reference to the source material, or an inside joke, please don't get angry at me

- sorry for any typos or formatting issues or whatever, im writing this on mobile 20 minutes before i have to be in class. im otherwise always on my laptop, and am a lot better writing-wise when im on there lmao

holy shit i was not expecting to find somebody with such immaculate taste so quickly when i hopped on here. would be delighted to rp if youre still on the scene, though i know this was a while ago. peace and love!

Homestuck? In 2023? Woah. I know I'm reeeeeeeeally late to the party, but if you've still got slots open and you're up for some action/adventure with a character-driven subplot, just shoot a dm my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back