• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Homebrew DnD 5e Campaign OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar
I want to climb something in my post (The tavern. Natile has a perfectly in character reason to do so.) Can I make the Athletics roll?

Also how do you roll the die?

ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar I made a roll a few days ago. I got 13 plus 7 for persuasion.

So that equates to a 20 then? Good.

ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar , it's been two days, do you mind if I make a post?

Go ahead.

ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar
I want to climb something in my post (The tavern. Natile has a perfectly in character reason to do so.) Can I make the Athletics roll?

Also how do you roll the die?

Do you see the "Roll Dice" button next to "Post Reply"? Hit that.

I swear to god if I end up being team dad again...

(oh who am I kidding, I love being the straight man in a party of eccentrics)

Question

If there is a position open and I take it could I use a character that is a ranger of mass derpage. I say this because his greatest strength is also his greatest weakness which would be his right arm that has been replaced with a 183mm 'totem pole' of a gun. Although the gun does do at least an average of 4d6 damage it does have a reload which is about as long as the British Empire's F**king existence. (About 3 turns)

Damage with APHE: 4d6 +4 (Armor Piercing High Explosive)
Damage with HEMMSH: 5d10 (High Explosive Magic Missile Squash Head)

That is my question.

P.S. THIS IS NOT A TROLL QUESTION!!!! IT IS A VERY SERIOUS ONE!!!

Last edited:
I've derped and realized the IC isn't in my watched threads. Could someone link the thread, I'll try to get a post up tomorrow.

Question

If there is a position open and I take it could I use a character that is a ranger of mass derpage. I say this because his greatest strength is also his greatest weakness which would be his right arm that has been replaced with a 183mm 'totem pole' of a gun. Although the gun does do at least an average of 4d6 damage it does have a reload which is about as long as the British Empire's F**king existence. (About 3 turns)

Damage with APHE: 4d6 +4 (Armor Piercing High Explosive)
Damage with HEMMSH: 5d10 (High Explosive Magic Missile Squash Head)

That is my question.

P.S. THIS IS NOT A TROLL QUESTION!!!! IT IS A VERY SERIOUS ONE!!!

I'd have to know the reason behind why this is so before making such a decision.

Okie doke, good luck with the campaign

Yes, I'll need all the Luck I can get.

On a side note, I'm thinking of opening this up beyond the initial group once the first generation has passed the torch.
That is, the limit for people behind characters will go from 6 to [N/A], much like the failed campaign I did years ago. (I say failed, but no one was interested in joining so that doesn't really count anyway.) Simply put, you all will 'live' in the world as your characters. You won't be limited to "Adventurers" either. I'll still be DMing the game, but it will be different then a regular DnD game in that regard as well.

I'll leave the final decision on if I do that up to the players currently in the Campaign though. As though I'm the DM, it's ultimately up to everyone.

The reason for me posting that question was because I have experienced in the past playing D and D that at some point every party is going to need a character who can deal an absolute sh*t ton of damage (Pardon my language). And what better to do than to have someone be a giant cannon that exists in real life and is said cannon which shoots HESH (High Explosive Squash Head) at whatever the rest of the party just cant kill.

That's my reason for posting a such ludicrous sounding idea.

We have a Sorcerer, a Paladin, and a Wizard. These are all characters with high amounts of burst damage. Of course, that burst damage is limited to how many spell slots we want to waste per encounter, but that's balance. Your character can do crazy amounts of burst damage compared to other classes at early levels, but later in game, the Sorcerer and Wizard will be casting cantrips that will out damage your HEMMSH rounds in addition be able to cast them more often (which kinda defeats the purpose of having a late game burster when you are doing less burst damage compared to the sustained damage of other classes). Not to mention this weapon is in addition to your class and race, which means you get something outlandish for free. The whole concept just rubs me the wrong way. Not that I'm opposed to it, but there seems to be no reason to have this other than to say that your character has a gun for an arm. I would say that if it is going to be implemented, it would need to be reworked.

Also, is this game still going? I don't want this one to die right off the bat.

Could my character be forerunner so he could be using a Binary Rifle that shoots solid light like the forerunners in HALO?

Serious Question again

Binary Rifle

th

Two shots per magazine (More like solid beams of hardlight energy)

Uses laser sight to aim (So it's easy to spot said user of said rifle)

Is BIG, LOUD, and it hits like a high speed train (With ludicrous recoil)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back