• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Homebrew DnD 5e Campaign

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The dwarf chuckled softly a Natile spoke, nodding softly at her words. "Aye, that be entirely possible." He said, nodding softly, before once again turning to Jan. "All I know lass, is that the Cavern's a might to big for our geomancers to do any serious work in there unless someone else goes in first." He stated, nodding once again. "Hence the request put forth for adventurers. And aye, I have rooms upstairs." He added, chuckling once again. "For the baths, you'll need to find one of the inns inside the Mountain for them, the infrastructure isn't available outside the inn for the heated baths."

The dwarf chuckled softly a Natile spoke, nodding softly at her words. "Aye, that be entirely possible." He said, nodding softly, before once again turning to Jan. "All I know lass, is that the Cavern's a might to big for our geomancers to do any serious work in there unless someone else goes in first." He stated, nodding once again. "Hence the request put forth for adventurers. And aye, I have rooms upstairs." He added, chuckling once again. "For the baths, you'll need to find one of the inns inside the Mountain for them, the infrastructure isn't available outside the inn for the heated baths."
"Oh, were are the rooms?" Natile asked as she stood up.

Marcus nodded at the information. "Well, looks like we have tomorrows agenda." He said. An adventurer's guild sounded like it would have a lot more information on the job, as well as a better idea of how dangerous it was, if only by the amount of people who took the job and didn't come back.

The dwarf nodded once again at the group, laughing a bit softly before speaking. "See the stairs over there?" he asked, pointing to the back of the Tavern, a bit past the counters. "That leads to the upper floors. The Rooms are all on floors three and four." He added, nodding once again. "Rooms are 15 silver a night, for each room. Oh, and that includes breakfast, which is at 5AM"
JayTee JayTee Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor Frank Frank Coyote Hart Coyote Hart Cenedril Cenedril

"Well, in that case I think I'm going to head in for the night. I want to get up early and see if we can get in on that job before someone else manages to grab it." Marcus said, standing up. "Thanks for the food and the info." He said.

Alderic walked towards the back of the tavern, dragging a chair along behind him. He took a moment to examine the space, looking for just the right spot and settled in there once he'd found it. With a smile, he watched his companions at the bar. His eyes lingered on Jan, before moving on to Natile, only to gloss over Marcus entirely. He pulled out his lute, and strummed gently, ensuring his instrument was ready before starting to play his song.

As he played, he cast an illusion, the sound of the waves accompanying his music. He glanced over at the others once more and closed his eyes, his tail swaying slowly as he lost himself within each tug of the string and each sound of the sea around him.

JayTee JayTee
ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar
Frank Frank
NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor

Last edited:
Natile took Alderic's lute to the room as a chance to walk away (hopefully) unoticed form her compainons. She needed to learn more about that dark elf, something was amiss with that girl and it wasn't just thouse mishapen ears.
The ranger searched for a fire and for looked over in the cellar's direction to see what she had to overcome to enter the Looming and Dastardly Dugeon of Dwarf Doooom! (The cellar, I'm still talking about the cellar.)

The Dwarf nodded nodded once again, giving out a simple chuckle. "Aye," He said softly, as he turned to listen to the music that the bard, Alderic was playing.

Frank Frank Please Roll your dice before I reply to you.​

( ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Ah. sorry I should of done that eairler)
Rolls:
First two are Dexterity (Stealth) with advantage and bonus 7 (Roll vaule is 21)
The thrid is Wisdom (Perception) with bonus 5 (Roll vaule is 20)

The Dwarf nodded nodded once again, giving out a simple chuckle. "Aye," He said softly, as he turned to listen to the music that the bard, Alderic was playing. As well, many of the other patrons moved to watch and listen to the music, distracting them from the area of the Cellar.
Upon looking around Natile would see that there is a Fireplace with a fire burning in it just to the left side of the counter, which had the hooded man near it, as he seemed to be warming himself at the time. As well, it seemed that there were no guards at the top of the stairs near the door, but sounds of multiple people could be heard, indicating that people were near the end of the stairs.

Natile walked over to the fireplace with her drink in hand. She took out two leaves of mistole from a pocket in her amour, held onto their stalks and cast them into the fire. Pulnging them into her cup once they burnt. "It's for a spell" she offered as an explanation to the Mysterious Old Man.

Jan nods as she handed over 15 silver. "I agree with Marcus. I'll see you all tomorrow." She took one last bite of food before heading up the stairs and into a room.

Once inside the room, Jan opens the window so Moonlight can fly into the room. "Early day tomorrow," she says. "Make sure I'm up and moving by four." Moonlight perches on the foot of the bed while Jan ritual casts Alarm on the door, then on the window. Happy that the room is now secure, Jan slips into bed and falls asleep.

The hooded man looked up at Natile, his face still obscured by his hood. "Thank you ma'am." he said, his voice sounding raspy and old, as he took the cup from her, a thin almost bony hand grabbing it, before disappearing under his cloak. After this, he made no move to acknowledge anything, save for the fire.

The room Jan finds herself, did have a window. As well, it seemed to be stocked with only a few of the essentials, a small bed, a night stand with two drawers, and a fold-able room cover that seemed to be designed to hide a person so they could dress.

The hooded man looked up at Natile, his face still obscured by his hood. "Thank you ma'am." he said, his voice sounding raspy and old, as he took the cup from her, a thin almost bony hand grabbing it, before disappearing under his cloak. After this, he made no move to acknowledge anything, save for the fire.

The room Jan finds herself, did have a window. As well, it seemed to be stocked with only a few of the essentials, a small bed, a night stand with two drawers, and a fold-able room cover that seemed to be designed to hide a person so they could dress.
Natile was a bit caught off guard by the man taking her drink with thouse, werid boney arms. She brought it over to have something to douse the flora she was burning not as a random act of chairty, as good of an act that may be.
Following the elder's gaze, she saw that her mistletoe was burnt. She hastily droped it. Her foot fell onto the flame. Smothering it and destroying the leaves, making them unfit for her spell.
"What the hell was that for?!" She asked but got no awnser. The old man seemed to be entirely engrossed in the fire. Sighing, she decided to just go, still stealthily of course, to the cellar whitout the shadowy aid the spell would grant her.

If she reaches the door unireptued she would look into it through a keyhole (if it has one) and would open it if she saw nobody there.

P.S. Please tell me if I should change anything in this.

Last edited:
As Natile reach the door, she would notice that it was partially opened, leaving a crack large enough that one could see down to the cellar. If she looked, she would see that the stairs went down for around 30 or so steps, each step being around half a foot, meaning the Cellar was 15 ft down into the ground. There was a small hallway after the stairs, though that was a bit too dark to really see into it.

Natile would slowly open the door and then proceed owards, down into the cellar. Her right hand extended outwards, into the dark, and her left traceing the wall.

As She went down the stairs, she would see lights at the en of the hallway, coming out from under a door. As well, she could faintly hear the sounds of movement, and speaking. As well, she would feel the stones that made up the hallway, before eventually hitting what felt like wood, a closed door that had no light under it, as if no one was inside it.

Natile had started to deeply regret comming into the cellar, it was starting to creep her out. She reminded herself that she was here because she saw an elf and cursed her foolishness. Out of curoisity, she decided to tentativly open the door she had just stumbled across.

Alderic finished playing his song and bowed with a flourish, smiling as he took a beat for applause. Following that he looked for a seat, and found one beside the mysterious cloaked figure. He stretched as he settled in, the corners of his lips curling as his tail waved slowly behind him.

"You know, the college taught us to look for the story in everything. Something's been telling me that you've got quite the story in you. Do you mind sharing?"

Upon opening the door, she would see confirmation that there was no light on inside the room, as well, she would notice as her eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness inside the room, she would see that it is a small bedroom that was adjusted to look more like that of a dark elf's home, then a dwarven tavern room. This must be that girls room, to use when not working for the Tavern. Though she wasn't in the room at the time.
Frank Frank

As Alderic sat down next to the old man, the man seemed to ignore him. It was a few moments after Alderic finished his words that the man slowly moved to look over at him. "And to what, makes you think that my story is worthy of being told?" The man asked, his face, still shrouded in the darkness of his hood.
Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Alderic shrugged, turning towards the fire. "Just call it a bard's insight. I cant say for sure, but I'm not often wrong about this kind of thing...am I wrong this evening?" He glanced towards the man from the corner of his eye.

The old man chuckled softly, laughing a bit as Alderic finished speaking. "You could be wrong." He said, nodding slowly as he spoke. "My tale is a long one, and one I'm not prone to speaking." He added, looking up once again at Alderic, before returning to face the fire. "But for now, you may call me 'The Druid' or, if a more personal name is needed, then call me Heinrick Smiles" he then said, still looking at the fire.

Alderic tipped his head. "A pleasure, Heinrick. Alderic Fang," he replied. "Quite the interesting title. There are many druids, so for you to be know as /The/ Druid, well..."

The Druid nodded slowly as Alderic spoke. "Oh it's a title I've worked rather hard to get young lad." He said, laughing a bit softly as he spoke. "If you've ever got spare time I just might teach you a thing or two." He added, nodding slowly once again, though his face was still shrouded behind the shadows of his hood.

Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back