• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Homebrew DnD 5e Campaign

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Marcus shook his head. "No need, if we're already confirmed by the local branch, then a meeting isn't necessary." He said. "We do plan on tackling the mines ourselves, though. Is this a guild organized operation? We'd like to get in on the action if possible."

The Dragonborne lady nodded slowly at him as she let out a sigh. "Very well." she said, before closing the clipboard, and pointing towards the deeper part of the city. "Head down the main road and take a left before hitting the Vault. The stairs you'll see should lead you directly down into the mines. From there, you'll have to talk to the foreman to get a map of the mines and find the route to the caverns."

JayTee JayTee Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

"Thanks, take care. Good luck dealing with all this nonsense." He said, gesturing to all the equipment. Marcus then turned and headed in the indicated direction, glad that he was officially under the guild's purview. Other adventurers might chafe at union dues and other similar requirements, but he had found the benefits to be well worth the cost.

"That went well, hopefully we'll be able to get a map and make our way inside the mines before noon." He said to Aldric as he made a brisk pace towards their destination.

Alg woke up in a stable, covered in mud. He brushed off Fluffy and said, "We going to find you a pretty gem today". He smiled, slicked his hair back, and began to walk. After a few shops, Alg finally figured out that he'd need money to get a gem out of a store. Realizing he didn't have the coin, he looked at his war pick and thought he might be able to get a gem out of the mines himself. He couldn't, however, find the mines.
Sitting on a bench, he kicked his feet in defeat. Looking around, Alg spotted a few adventurous looking people walking with mission in their eyes. He stumbled towards them, and in a very deep, gravely voice he piped up: "Excuse me... Do you know where I go for mines? I want some gem veins..." He fiddled with his fingers and looked in every direction.
JayTee JayTee Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

"Just this way, we should arrive shortly." Marcus said, waiving for them to follow him.

Alg excitedly followed the group, and on the way said: "Thank you much! My name Alg. And this Fluffy." As he spoke, he reached inside his chest plate and showed the group a very tattered stuffed animal bunny. "Fluffy needs really pretty gem for what we want. I gonna use this to get one out of mines" He added, brandishing his War Pick.

As the group walked towards the mine, they saw several workshops of varying purpose, many of which used for the processing of stones and ores into useable goods. There were several dwarves, humans, and dragonborn in the area, going about their daily lives. It was soon, that shouting could be heard, mostly of orders that dealt with the moving of goods, as the entrance to the mines slowly entered view.

"Looks like this is it." Marcus said as the mines came in to view. "Hopefully this will be about as deadly as I think it will be, and not more." Truth be told, Marcus was expecting it to be pretty dangerous, but that was why he got paid the big bucks. "Any final preparations before we head down?" He asked his companions.

Alderic shook his head, arm resting on his weapon lazily. "Im as ready as I will ever be, buddy. Let's be on our way. And keep an eye out for anything suspicious. I doubt that man I spoke with was just a paranoid drunk, after all."

As the group neared the Mines even more, the shouting was becoming more coherent. "Ey! Watch what you're doing with those damn minecarft you bloody fool!" Could be heard from a stout dwarf, who was standing atop a pile of boxes, holding a pickaxe. The dwarf, seemed to be the foreman of the mines, as he could be smelled from the dozens of feet away the party was from him. There was a clear layer of soot and stone dust on him, as he scanned over the crowds. "The hell you think you're doing with that yah fool! Those goods need tah head up to the north sector, get going!"

Marcus approached the foremen and gave him a wave, trying to catch his attention. "Hail, friend Dwarf." Marcus said. "I heard you have some problems deeper in your mines." He said "I'm here to see if I can't solve your problem."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back