• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Holy or Unholy, either way they're idiots

Karma had nearly fell asleep as he peacefully laid besides Xander. It was times like this that made him forget about everything. Michael, Heaven, Lucifer. Hell, he almost forgot that the two were in Ireland. Nothing else mattered as long as Xander was okay, laying besides him. His thoughts were unfortunately short lived once he felt Xander flinch besides him. Karma quickly sat himself up and folded his wings in. He did so much to fast, and felt a shock against the muscle around his spine. He had to be careful, or else he could damage something. "I'm sorry," he apologized as he scooted himself away.

Everything turned for the worst as he watched Xander's wings tear out of his back. He cringed and stood up immediately. He wanted to do something. Something to help ease the pain or stop the bleeding. But there was nothing he could do. Every spell he could cast was holy, and would make Xander's condition worsen. "Go into the bath," Karma says as his glaze moved to his feet. "We should bandage the cuts up. They can get infected." He became nervous of getting too close, especially if Xander began merging with his demon body. It would have been more easy for the two to burn themselves. They were complete opposites. Karma had always heard that demon and angel relationships never worked out. What if there's was another example of such?

"I'll go get us new sheets. Don't leave the bathroom until-" his sentence was cut off as he watched Xander clean up the mess. Karma was surprised to see him handle the pain so well. He remembered screaming when his own wings first ripped out. But then again, he was a child at the time. He was sure that his pain tolerance was a lot smaller than Xander's was now. Karma felt tremendously terrible for not assisting him. There Xander was, cleaning up the bed while his back was in pain, and all Karma could do was watch. A long yawn slipped out as he sat at the corner of the now clean bed. Oh how he wished to get a moment of rest.

'That's not fair. Xander is tired too. Stop being selfish.'

Karma rubbed his eyes once he heard the voice in his head. Angels were supposed to be selfless, so thinking about himself should not be his go-to. He slowly laid himself down. The moment of comfortability was gone, and replaced with worry. He wanted to give Xander the rest he needed, and it was obvious to him that keeping his wings out was not an option. He had became too comfortable with them out, and now Xander was burned because of it. He placed his hand on top of Xander's head again. Slowly running his fingers through his hair as his eyes remained glued on the ceiling. The angel did not allow them to budge, which was rather easy as the cramping in the center of his back kept him from getting too comfortable.

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos

Because of the pain, Xander was a lot more awake and aware, and could tell that Karma felt nervous about the whole thing. This was a whole shock after all, what what worried him was that Karma almost hesitated in touching him. The thing was, Demons and Angels could touch, it was just that their wings couldn't, since their wings were made up of Divine and Demonic energy. More on the Angels side, less on the Demon side because they were born with them. It was the same for an Angels Halo and a Demons horns. His tail, however, he didn't suspect to be fully demonic. He didn't want to rip the tail or horns out just yet to test them, that can wait until tomorrow. He could only expect that they'd feel even more painful since they'd be coming out of his head and lower back.

After he flopped onto the bed, he felt the fingers in his head and hummed happily, knowign that if his tail was out it'd be moving in contentness. but he noticed how Kamra was still tense and pouted. "Karmaaa" He called, sleepily grabbing the angel, wrapping his arms around the Angels neck. "You can't sleep if you're so tense, c'mere" He said, before pulling the Angel to his chest and floping backwards onto the bed, so that the Angel wasn't cramping his wings. "Don't worry bout your wings.... Just gotta avoid them from now on. Its cool, easy enough." he said, petting the white hair in front of him sleepily. he pressed a kiss on top of Karma's head and muttered for the Angel to 'sleep, its okay' only for him to fall asleep himself. This time, properly and unable to be woken up for another 8 solid hours.

He came to awareness waking and found himself in the same position that he remembered falling asleep in. he smiled and started petting the white hair in front of him. Silly angel, being worried. Rosemary wasn't wrong, it was just a case of remembering all of his past memories. Although, he had to admit, he wasn't very different in terms of personality. Back in hell, he was a lot more cold, but he was still warm to family he cared about, but that was it really. Thelvik didn't care about hurting someone he didn't know, so he said what was on his mind a lot. He susposed that was the biggest difference. Xander had that strictly talked out of him. He simply spoke his mind in a blunt manner, and his mum had explained that if he had nothing nice to say, then don't anything. It just became a habit to be nice to people even if they were rude, unless they bashed on someone he cared about. Which was the only times his parents allowed him to be blunt and honest.

In a way, Thelvik and Xander were basically the same person. Which was relieving. He remembered Moraz mentioning that he had a horrid temper, which wasn't wrong. He's always been protective, and that didn't really change either. He gently left the Angel ont he bed as he escaped to the bathroom to freshen up a bit. He sighed, knowing this was going to hurt, as he brought out his horns, and he couldnt' help but let out a surprise "Ah-!" He he tried to muffle himself from screaming out in pain. Yep, it was worse. He numbed the pain, cleaned up and healed the skin around his horns and looking at himself in the mirror, unvanishing his wings, finding them under his top, which he took off. He truly looked like a demon. For the last one... his tail.

He always liked his tail, he often used it like an extra hand., But that was going to hurt and be even more awkward. Besides, there wasn't a lot of clothes that he wore that would let a tail to appear. He sighed, might as well get all his Demonic apendages out now, and never have to do them again. He shuffled his pants down low enough for the tail to come out, which came out a lot easier and less painful than his horns or wings. a small cleanup later and had everything out. His tail swished from side to side out of curiosity. The pain in his back had already ebbed away, and it was only a dull ache. he touched his horns, finding the ram-line-horns wild to hold and tug gently at. He looke dat his hair... did it grow more vibrant? He blinked and looked closer, but shook his head. probably just the lighting. He vanished the horns and wings, leaving the bathroom with a smile as he closed the coor with his tail.

It felt nice to be able to use it again.

care_less care_less

Karma's muscles tensed when he felt Xander grab him. It wasn't necessarily from fear (or at least he did not want to believe that it was fear that caused his reaction), but rather from shock. He honestly did not expect to be practically cradled in the demon's arms, and wiggled his neck a little to give himself more breathing room. Xander was half-asleep, so he probably didn't realize that his cuddles were choking him. He tried desperately to follow Xander's directions. He tried not to worry, and he tried to fall asleep. But the angel's mind referred to the burn wound on Xander's hand, and kept him up.

It was like a bad nightmare he could not wake up from. It had been a while since Karma had last kept his wings in for more than a few hours, and it was beginning to annoy the angel. And IF he managed to ignore the cramping, he still had grief that he was not completely healed from. He would keep opening his eyes throughout the night to check his phone. Time seemed to go incredibly slow, for everytime he glanced at the time it seemed to barely move. He listened to Xander's soft breathing and heartbeat. It was the one thing that kept him sane throughout the entirety of the night.

Karma was just falling asleep by the time Xander had finally woken up. He groaned lightly and grabbed at his shirt. He didn't want him to move just yet. He was exhausted and Xander was warm, it was natural for him to want the demon to stay. But he noticed how selfish he was being by making Xander stay, and released him. "Sorry," he murmured as he moved himself off of Xander. Part of him wanted to stay in the bed and sleep. It would have been much more easier that way. But there was a voice in the back of his mind screaming for him to stop acting selfish. It was a voice drilled in his head that convinced him that any act in himself was selfish. So he forced himself to stand up, and follow Xander into the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he peaked into the bathroom. But by the time he did so, Xander was just leaving. So he had completely missed his demonic transformation. "Does your back feel okay?"

Xander looked at the Angel in surprise, not expecting him to be up. "Oh! I'm fine, don't worry. Heads going to hurt for a while" He said, showing his horns "but brute forcing horns out of your skull isn't exactly gentle and seamless, not these curved ones at least. Nothing I can't live with though, Pain-numbing magic exists for a reason. My back feels fine, minor ache, it should be gone in a few hours, if that. More if I use my wings more." He explained, vanishing his horns. "I also got my tail, apparently, spaded-tailed Demons are actually rather uncommon, because a demons offspring isn't guarrenteed to be born with them. But, Mother and I have tails, the rest of my brothers don't." He rambled, his tail flicking from side to side as he took Karma by the hands and guiding him back to the bed.

"You see, the theory goes that the tails arn't made out of demonic energy, unlike our wings and horns, which is why its rarer for a spawn to have one. My thoery that the reason why my horns and wings hurt more than my tail was cause my tail has less or isn't demonic in nature. I think I'm going to smack another angel with it first to test it out. I don't want to hurt you out of my curiosity." He smiled, sitting back on the bed. "Now... because of those bags under your eyes and that fact that you look like you haven't slept in a day ro two, I'm going to assume you didn't get any sleep last night and I must have woken you up when you were about to fall asleep. So." He said, pulling Karma onto the bed and once again on top of him, Karma's head resting on his chest, a hand holding one of Karmas own while his other going through Karma's hair.

"Now, I want you to sleep, if only a small nap. You don't have to look after me, I'm a big boy and I can look after myself, Okay hun? So let out your wings, relax for me, my love." He cooed, kissing the top of the angels head. . "Let me protect you for once, sweetheart. Let yourself be loved and cherished for once. You deserve a break, hell, a vacation. Relax, slow down, and simply exist." He talked. "If you have trouble sleeping though, let me know. I know of a spell or two that might be able to help." He offered. And he did. He wasn't 100% versed in these spells so they did require a small amount of movement and words, but he knew the incantation. A simple spell a witch made over 300 years ago to help aid those with insomnia, sleep paralysis, and those who suffered from constant chronic nightmares.

He didn't know how well it'd work on an Angel, but a sleep-deprived or just extreamly tired Angel allowing the spell to be used, he doesn't think they'd have a problem. while waiting for the Angel to sleep or ask for help (he was willing to out-wait Karma if he had to) he hummed a song. Specifically a lulluby his mum used to sing to calm him down when he was younger.

care_less care_less

Karma nodded slowly as he looked over the male's horns. Having bones, muscle, skin and feathers burst out of your back back was one thing, but having horns pull out of one's skull must have been a completely different level of pain. He did not envy the other at all. As tired as the young angel was, he tried to listen to Xander's reasoning with his tail. Whenever Karma was exhausted, the thin filter he did have on seemed to disappear. "Or, perhaps it's less painful to have a body part that isn't made of pure bone and muscle with the least amount of nerves to cause you pain," he suggested, as he allowed Xander to lead him back into the bedroom.

"If I amputated your tail, wings, and horns at different times, not only will the area affecting the trunk of your body be the least affected, but you will feel the least amount of pain in said area." Karma rubbed his eyes and gave out a long yawn. "I'm sorry. That was uncalled for," he apologized. He say down on the bed with Xander promptly, before plopping his body down. God was he exhausted. It was all he could think about. He closed his eyes and felt himself dragged back again to Xander's chest. "I've had my wings in for longer," he tried to counter. It was true. His wings were the least of his worries. All he wanted right now was some sleep.

"And angels don't-" his sentence cut off as he gave out a long yawn, "take vacations." It was very true. And to further prove his point, a peppy knock was heard from their hotel room door. It was Alicia, the angel messenger that had visited them weeks prior. Karma sighed as he closed his eyes. He did want a break desperately. But it would seem that he would never get one. He was just becoming comfortable as well, but he did not want to be seen as lazy. So he sat himself up again, rubbed his tired face, then moved towards the door. He unlocked it, opened the door, and glared down at her. She smiled at him, then turned her head to the side slightly. "Good gracious, Karma! You look ill!" she exclaimed. "Did you forget to sleep again? You know you young angels need your sleep for at least another ten years!"

Karma continued to glared at her. "Get to the point," he commanded. Alicia looked over his shoulder and waved at Xander behind him. "Hey there!" she said cheerfully. "I'm sorry to disturb your honeymoon! How are you liking Ireland?" she asked, but quickly was cut off once again. "Why are you here?" Alicia sighed as she dug in her brown, satchel bag. "Just dropping off your orders for the week. You haven't been to Heaven in a while, so I was told to bring Heaven to you." She pulled out a paper scroll and handed it to him. Karma grabbed it and began closing the door. "Get your rest! And have a good night Xander!" she called out just before Karma closed it. He locked the door again, and laid back down to the bed. He laid his head back onto Xander's chest, and quickly fell back asleep. His wings were still not out, but he was tired enough to not be worried about having them out.

"Actually" Xander gently corrected "My tail is connected to my spine, and its actually fairly sensitive in the right areas. So by that logic, it should hurt a significant amount, but it didn't hurt nearly as bad as my wings or horns." He explained. He was happy that Karma didn't fight him in getting him to the bed. When Karma talked about amupatinghis horns, wings and tail, he simply blinked in confusion. "...Karma, if you amputate anything of me, its going to hurt either way." he chuckled amused, running his hand through Karma's hair. he didn't mind, Karma was rather unrestricted when tired. And he's had to years to get used to Karma being tired, seeing how he got up early and went to bed late, so he was often running on lack of sleep.

"That might be ture, my love, but its still going to be uncomfortable for you. But I wont fight you on this." He conceeded just this once. he ran a hand up and down the back, mostly down Karmas spine, in an attempt to coax the wings out. He chuckled at the cute yawn the Angel gave, and he looked like he was about to drift off to sleep, but the knock seemed to woke him up. Xander could tell that it wan an Angel, just from the feel. He let Karma go, trying tonot growl at the other Angel. The Angel was kinder than most angels seemed to be, and proved his thought when she semeed imidiately concerned for Karmas health.

"I had just convincced him to come back to bed before you knocked. You have the worst timing." He called out but smiled charmngly, easily hiding and masking the anger simmering underneath. He was more annoyed on Karmas behalf. "Not really a honeymoon since work is here, but eh. And we haven't had much time to explore, too many things going on." He shrugged. He gave a wave as the door closed, and his smile dropped into a sigh. "Finally, some peace. Now come on, you heard what she said. You young Angels need your sleep. So c'mere." He tempted, although it seemd Karma didn't need to be tempted to practically crawl back onto him, falling asleep almost instantly. Xander couldn't help but coo, peppering the Angel with kisses and gentle affirmations of love. It didn't matter that the Angel was asleep, the subconcious would hear it. He petted the hair lovingly, hoping to slowly coax out the wings out of hte Angels back, since he was so relaxed he hoped they would slide right out.

"Goodnight, my sweet Angel. Sleep for as long as you need." He said, tracing runes nto the air, and with a gentle wave of magic, not demonic or Angelic, just simple, natural magic, he made it so that the Angel would rest until he was fully recovered. This was his favourite spell to use, because the only Demonic spell that put people to sleep was more akin to a curse, and it didn't let the cursed wake up on their own. This spell, however, did. And he had used it on all his brothers before, mostly Moraz when the younger had gotten hurt and wouldn't stay still enough to heal. It also, however, effected him as well, seeing how he was technically injured. He chuckled sleepily, and let himself fall asleep, holding onto Karma's hand. They'll both wake up when they're ready, and he could tell that he wouldn'tbe out for long.

care_less care_less

Last edited:
Karma could tell easily how irritated Xander had gotten when Alicia had arrived to their front door. It was not something you could see, for Xander did a rather good job hiding his true emotion. However, it could easily be felt. The tension in the air that could suffocate anyone nearby. It was rather a familiar feeling, but not a usual one. Xander only gave off this sorr of aura when he was either pissed off, or in protective mode. He had gotten like that when he was younger. Whenever Karma would get bullied in school (or at home), Xander would give the same threatening energy. In one way, it was comforting. But Karma made sure to keep his distance when Xander had gotten that way. He was a demon after all. Who would want to make a demon even more pissed off?

Alicia seemed to pick up Xander's annoyance as well. She wasn't nervous or afraid. She doubted that he would do anything to harm her. After all, she was a simple messenger. It wasn't her choice to interrupt their alone time. But she was not going to stick around long enough to push him. So she made her buisness quick and left. It made the young angel relieved. 'Perhaps Xander should be angry more often,' Karma thought to himself, but quickly discarded it. He has never seen Xander pissed for more than a few minutes, and he was certain that he did not want to. Karma too tried to hurry. Perhaps falling asleep like Xander had wanted would calm him down a bit. Karma wasn't one for conflict (though he was not scared of confrontation), so he tried to avoid it as best as possible. He laid himself back down onto Xander's moving chest and dozed off.

Throughout the day, his movements were very minimal. If someone were to be passing by, they might have thought that Karma was dead from how little he moved. His breaths were small and infrequent, so his chest barely moved as he slept. The only thing that moved rather rapidly were his eyes underneath his eyelids. It wasn't abnormal for him to have nightmares, especially as of recently. It was only rare for him to wake up in a frantic state. Luckily for the both of them, Karma did not wake up this way. He only jolted his eyes open, looked around, and gave out a long sigh. He was safe. Xander was safe. Everything was okay. He rubbed his eyes before staring up at Xander. He was admiring the other's looks for the time that he had. The angel reached to touch Xander's face. The back of his fingers brushing lightly against his cheek to assure that he was indeed, real.

"Morning," he muttered as his hand dropped back down to his side. Karma slowly sat himself up and scanned the hotel room. His wings were cramped in all night, so he felt a tightness pull at his spinal cord when he sat up. But he didn't comment on it. He was far too used to it by now. "What time is it?" he asked when he took notice of the sky through the window. The sky was turning a light pink as the orange sun began to sink towards the edge of the Earth. His guess was around eight at night, but he wanted to check in case he was wrong. "How are you feeling? Do you think you've completed merged yet?"

Just as he had predictied, he wasn't out for long, but he let himself doze, checked his phone sometimes, replied to textes from his work. After everything he had almost forgot about it. Thankfully, his boss was very understanding, he had explained that shit went down and he had to take time off but he would come back once everything had calmed down. His boss simply made sure to check up on him every few days. It was sweet of the guy, and Xander had to avoid calling him 'uncle', becuse he actedso much like a caring uncle. it was nice, since mum and dad were both the only child in their familes. Haha, family dynamics go brr. He smiled at the thought, and smiled even more when Karma woke up. It wasn't unlike Karma to wake up with a start, as though someone had surprisd him.

He chuckled at the Angel who gently carressed his face, and smiled back. "More like evening." He chuckld, sitting up to kiss the other on the forehead, travelling to the others cheek, then finally making his way to the Angels lips and pressing a pack there. How how badly he wanted to snog Karma right there and then, but he will endure and simply give out peck unless the other wanted more. or initiated, either would work. "It is currently..." He moved to check his phone "8:15 pm. well, 8:13 if you wanna be specific." He smiled and chuckled at the concern, unvanishing his wings and horns, his tail still out. "Well I don't feel any pain." He hummed thoughtfully, before summoning his weapon, and slightly cutting himself on his thumb before making it disapear. "The best way to tell would be how fast I heal. Smaller cuts and what not heal much faster than deeper cuts." He explained, rubbing his thumb, the pain barely being felt. His thumb now looked like it simply suffered a papercut instead of a knife-cut. Looks like that answers the question.

He stretched, his back cracking slightly with the lack of movement, and a yawn escaped him. "I know Rosemary wanted us to come back, I remember that much, but... I think I'd just rather stay here with you for a while. Take a small break that isn't sleeping. They have a TV here, we can turn something on to watch. We can have some quality time together before we do anything." he suggested, motioning to the TV on the wall facing the bed. Did he just want to stay and make out with his boyfriend before his boyfriend got too fidgety by staying still for too long? Yes, he wasn't a fraid to admit it, but if he could convince the Angel to relax for a while with him, he'd count it a win. He looked up thoughtfully. "Wait would me trying to get you to do anything for yourself be counted as 'tempting' you? Since I am a Demon?" He asked, the thought only just occuring to him.

Before, he was only a demon possessing a human, now he was a Human-merged Demon, where Xander now took on a lot more demonic qualities that Thelvik had, such as his green eyes shining despite the shade. so he technically was a Demon but not in the flesh. Now he was a Demon in the flesh, and he couldn't help but wonder ifthat made any kind of difference. "Ah, probably doesn't matter. " He shrugged, kissing the angel properly, before pulling back. "Let out your wings before they start to hurt you." He remembered, before getting up and turning the TV on. Or at least trying to, he didn't know where the remote was so he tried to find the On button on the TV itself. "Karma, do you see the remote anywhere?" He asked, looking sheepish.

care_less care_less

Normally, Karma would be a little hesitant to give Xander the same affection. He was still adjusting to constantly showing emotions, and being loving was one he especially struggled with. But waking up had made the angel feel slightly different. Having Xander start up his day with kisses and soft words was very comforting. It was warm, much like a blanket would be right when you've waken up from a nap. You never want to get up from it. Karma closed his eyes to take the other's love in. It felt nice when he didn't try to regject it. He even kissed back whenever Xander would peck his lips. He was slowly making progress. When Karma heard the time, he mentally smirked. 'Right again,' he thought to himself. He didn't want to boast about his intelligence, for it would make him seem like a jerk, so he kept it to himself.

When he heard that Xander was feeling better, Karma was relieved. If he was stable enough, Karma could have teleported to Rosemary to supply him with something to relief his pain the night before. He mentally cursed at himself, but tried not to worry too much. After all, Xander was okay now. That was all that mattered. He watched his partner demonstrate his healing abilities carefully. As he expected, he healed as quickly as the angel did. "That's one thing angels and demons have in common," Karma began. "We both have a high pain tolerance and remarkable healing abilities. I'm sure you remember that the higher the demon and angel, the better their abilities. It's rather convenient for the both of us I suppose. Because we are both high ranked, it's difficult to kill us, or leave marks on that matter. I believe only certain weapons can do the job, but I doubt a low leveled angel or demon, or even a human would have one."

Karma thought for a moment before continuing. "Actually, I suppose if you were beamed with the holy spirit and I were drowned with demon blood, that might do the trick. Either that or we'd be burned to a crisp and paralyzed for the rest of our lives..." At this point, Karma seemed to be speaking to himself. His curiosity was a trait that was similar to his older sister. It dragged him out of the real world and into a new one filled with possibilies. Ones that, often times, became gruesome and dark. "Hmm...to be drowned in demon blood...I wonder what it would look like..." Realizing that his brain drifted off, he blinked and looked over Xander. Now that he has, he realized how blurred his face looked. So he reached over to the bedside table and pushed his glasses on. "Regardless, I'm glad you're okay."

The idea of staying inside with Xander had sounded peaceful. Karma nearly took the offer, but remembered about the night prior. Alicia had came with his new orders, which meant that Karma had to return to Heaven and fulfill them. "Perhaps we can when I return," Karma says as he slid off of the bed. "I shouldn't be too long. Maybe two hours at most? I have to visit Heaven briefly about my assignments amd check-in with Michael." He slid out of his pajamas, passed the T.V. remote to Xander that was hidden behind their pillows, and headed to the shower with a new set of clothing. He left the door open as he hopped into the shower. Karma quickly stripped so he could begin his bath, but tried to continue their conversation. So he raised his voice to let Xander hear him over the sound of the rushing water. "You know, we haven't gone on a real date yet! Maybe when I get back, you'd let me take you to a diner! If you want to, of course!"

If Xander were to say he didn't notice Kamra reciprocating his affections, he would have been lying. While small and borderline faint, Xander could still feel the slight push against his own lips and he had to restrain himself from simply jumping the boys bones then and there. He was sure that the spell worked its magic, because Karma was a lot more relaxed this morning then he's ever been, willingly taking Xanders love and affection instead of being tense and enduring it. Xander made sure to use the spell when it seems like Karma has been overworking himself and refused to sleep. If it got him this kind of relaxed Kamra that doesn't reject his advances and even kisses back, he'd do it every night. But it was probably something Karma would protest against.

He listened to Karma explain the similarities between hteir races. He wasn't wrong, and he did know all it as well. Besides, its hard to not notice when you take multiple hits from something that would normally kill a normal Demon. He hummed at the 'only certain weapons' and nodded. "You're not wrong, a Holy or Unholy weapon can kill an Angel or Demon. If I'm not mistaken, an Unholy weapon can also kill a Demon, the same to a Holy weapon to an Angel, specifically because the weapon is purely made from the magic. We can heal quickly from wounds made from the same magic we use, but not from the other. More specifically, I believe we heal just as long, if not longer than Humans when hurt, because out healing slowls down." He added, almost as though reading it froma book. "At least, thats what I remember from the many books and mother teaching me while half-heartedly trying to kill me in training." He chuckled.

He chuckled at the gorey descriptions. "Demon Blood is Black, stains everything and is a nighmare to wash off. You would need a lot of demons to get enough demon blood to drown in. Though I'm pretty sure drinking the blood would be just as bad because it acts like a poison to almost everything. Interested to see what it'd to do to an Angel who decided to Injest it." He offered his own dark thoughts, and smiled softly at his angel boyfriend at the concern. "I told you I'd be okay. I'm a dumbass, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to look after myself. If I can look after 4 younger brothers who want nothing more than to goof of and get themselves hurt most fo the time, I'm sure I can look after myself." He chuckled. "Although speaking of brothers... Sort of worried about Cael and Leuth, they're twins and they loved getting into trouble whenever they could. Well no skin off my back, they were of age and yet still acted like children. Moraz was more mature and he's the youngest." He shook his head amused. "Bet the old man finally has to step up and deal with his own children like an actual parent. Mother would not tolerate looking after them all by herself, she'd kill them!" He laughed, amuse. If anything, this just made him want to stay away from Hell. Why would he willingly go back to babysitting his children-for-brothers?

"Awh!" He complained in his normal, whiny voice whenever Karma told him he couldnt' have something. Karma never gave into his whining, but it annoyed the guy when they were growing up so he used it often. He didn't sulk, he just wordlessly accepted that Karma had things to do other than him. "As long as you promise!" He called back with a grin. "The amount of times we wanted to do something but something always came up." He complained, and this was an on-going thing as well. It happened often, whever they planned to do something, they could never do it because of many reasons ranging from Karma's parents suddenly groudning him, to Xander's parents going on a trip, or just what they wanted to do was broken or closed. He turned on the TV and flicked to a random show. He wasn't going to watch anything is Karma wasn't with him, so he could only think what he could do while Karma was gone. Perhaps call his mother, or just Moraz, that he was fully merged. They'd be happy for him.

care_less care_less

An ordinary person most likely would have thought of Xander's cravings as alarming. If Karma had even a remote idea Xander had thought the way he did, he would have confronted him about it. There was a sense of possessiveness he had picked up from the demon. More so as of lately. Karma had always wanted to discuss it with Xander. He knew his anger was more towards Heaven and Michael, so he felt as if he needed to be protected from it. But Karma had felt that it wasn't necessary. He believed wholeheartedly that there was no evil in Heaven. He had faithfully offered himself to Heaven and trusted the other angels with his life. Karma wanted to discuss this, but he never had the chance to. Perhaps later during their date.

Karma knew well about the effect of unholy and holy weapons. A good example of a holy weapon harming a holy being was just a few weeks ago, when Karma had caught the arrow attacking Xander. He was lucky that it was a pair of angels who attacked rather than demons, for if they used an unholy weapon the wound would have been much harder to heal. It would have taken as long as a human heals, and leave a nasty scar afterwards. At Xander's curiosity of drinking demon blood, Karma looked away awkwardly. It was one of the trials he had to endure during his younger years before becoming Heaven's Weapon. Many low or middle classes angels would not have survived such a poison. In fact, the majority of them burned from the inside out. But archangels could survive such. Because Karma's father was an archangel, and his mother a low classed angel, the Garrison wanted to ensure that Karma was physically capable of being their weapon. Of course, Karma did not say anything. He did not want to further his anger towards Heaven. For if he were to go on a rampage, Karma would be forced to stop him and that was his second worst fear.

Xander was completely right. His whining did annoy him. Karma rolled his eyes at him as he finished scrubbing himself down. "I promise that I'll try to be quick," he called back as he began rinsing himself. Once he was done, he turned the water off and began drying himself off. He stepped out and wrapped a white towel around his waist. He was just about to put on his clothing when he realized that he had forgotten his boxers in his suitcase. Scoffing at his foolishness, Karma walked out and hurried to his luggage. His white hair slicked down besides a few strands sticking up, and a few drops of water sitting on his skin. He opened the bag and dug through. He was having a hard time finding a pair, and decided to place the suitcase on the floor for better leverage.

Innocently, he bent over in front of the bed and dug through his luggage. Not realizing that he was doing so right in front of Xander, nor thought anything of it. "Do you think I should color my hair?" he asked as he continued digging through his things. "I'm thinking of returning to my natural color. Would you think that's okay?"

He heard the promise and grinned. "thank you~!" He called back, much happier and less upset. Karma liked to do things with percision, he liked to do things slowly and get them right. But since he promised to be quick, that would mean he would actually do his best to do everything to the best of his ability but not worry about the fine details he was used to worrying about to get back to him. In short the promise made his stomach warm from butterflies because its clear that Karma was going to do his job with the intention of coming back to him quickly. He heard the shower turn off, and didn't expect the next thing he saw.

Xander expected to see a damp-haired karma walking out fully dressed. Like normal. He didn't expect a still wet, naked save a towel to walk out. Oh boy, he knows what going to be fueling his fantasies while Karma was out. Then Karma bent over. He couldnt' see anything, well, not anything to get him in trouble with RPN Guidelines at least. But that didn't mean he didn't see the pale, smooth skin of Karmas legs. Karma could easily turn him into a Leg man, damn. He could also clearly see the shape of Karma's arse, which he so badly wanted to grab. He only just barely heard the questions, and somehow managed to not croak. "If you want to, who's to stop you?" He managed out. he then let out a shy chuckle. "Although I have to ask, mind finding whatever you're lookoing for soon? You're giving me a great view I wont lie but please dont' try and tempt a demon of all things." He whined, running a hand through his hair, still unable to look away. Karma moved and he couldn't help but whine. He was being a good boy and respecting the Angel by not going over to him and snogging the life out of him while he's still in only a towel. But damn did he want to go over there and do something not safe for Karma's work.

He forced himself to lie on the bed face down, so he wasn't tempted to stare. "Let me know when you're dressed!" He yelled, however his yelling was muffled by the pillow he had shoved his face into. His mind was now currently giving him thoughts that were less 13+ and more 18+. Like Karma walking out of the shower 100% naked, and then bending over-NOPE! No, stop right there dirty thoughts, stop right there no no no. Karma was too innocent, too pure. He can wait to deal with any kind of issue when Karma leaves! But not now! Xander! He continued to bury his face into the pillows, refusing to look at Karma even when he was fully dressed and ready to leave. He looked up and bid him a quick 'bye, be safe, love you' face bright red, before diving back into the pillows. A certain 'Friend' was currently very interested, and he didn't want Karma to see his shame. Once Karma finally left, he stayed there for a could of seconds before getting up. To the shower he goes!

One long, sinful shower later, he was back lying on the bed, fully dressed and on his phone. So Karma wants to take him out on a date, it would probably be a casual one since neither of them packed formal attire. That was fine. He mostly wanted Karma to come back he he could kiss the Angel. He also wanted to apologise to Karma, since he was probably confused to Xander's random whining. His mind, however, decided to be absolutely rude and start supplying him with images that didn't need to be desribed if you already knew what was going on in Xanders head.

care_less care_less

At first, Karma was confused. Tempting a demon? He was only searching for his boxers, what was he tempting Xander with? It took a moment for his mind to click and quickly grew embarrassed. He felt his face become hot as blood rushed to his cheeks. The poor angel didn't realize what he was doing until now and wanted to do nothing more than to trap himself inside of the bathroom. Karma squatted himself down to keep himself hidden from Xander, and finally pulled out the pair that he was looking for. He hurried back into the bathroom and closed the door. "Dear Lord," he prayed silently. "Please forgive me, for I have nearly sinned."

It took Karma five minutes at max for him to get dressed. When he was finished, he exited the bathroom to put away his dirty clothes. He was still pretty embarrassed, and seeing that Xander stayed with his head buried into a pillow, he figured that he had felt the same. "I'll see you soon," he says before disappearing into sand, just as they have seen Michael do many times before. As much as he wanted to make his mission short, it never seemed to work out that way. His assignment today was a complicated one. He was told to save two angel hostages from a group of demons. The majority of Karma's missions were search and rescue types. Specifically to kill off demons that kidnapped angels and occasionally humans. This one was particularly long, for there was a large group. Big enough that Michael had to send another angel to accompany him.

If Karma was completely honest, he was surprised that he made it out alive. Let alone not severally injured. He took about two and a half hours before returning to the hotel room. When he did, Karma looked a mess. He had sweat beads dripping down from his forehead, a cut on his cheek, and a few bruises and more cuts decorating his arms and neck. He was still panting as if he ran a few miles, his wings ripped through his shirt, a white bow siting across his shoulder and chest, and a silver long-bladed sword in his hand. It was funny that Xander had mentioned how messy demon blood was, for Karma had some stained on his shirt and hands. "I'm sorry I'm late," Karma apologized as he dropped the sword, allowing it to turn into sand and disappearing.

He knew he needed a shower desperately, but right now Karma only wanted to rest. So he plopped onto the edge of the bed face first. Still trying to catch his breath desperately. "Hey...do you have any water?" Karma panted. "Also...did you think of a place...you'd want to eat at?"

Karma said that whatever he had to go do would take 2 hours. And he said he'd be as quick as he could, so he couldn't help but be worried when it passed the 2 hour mark and no sign o fthe Angel. By the time it was quarter past, he had already tidied up around the room, dressed, and remade the bed only to mess it up when he flopping back onto it. His worry only seemed to grow when Karma finally arrived but now how he was expecting. "Karma!" Xander cried out, concerned at hte look of his Angelic boyfriend. bruises, cuts all over, blood that looked like Demon Blood with how dark it was and already staining. Xander could help himself, already tugging off the top to check at the wounds. They wern't healing as quickly as they should, so obviously a demon blade. "Are they alive? Those who did this, do any of them still breathe? Knowing your skills and that you're back I assume not, but I just need to know." He said, his face unnaturally firm, although it was still creased in worry.

Xander let the Angel sit on the bed, keeping Karma's hands in the air and off of the sheets. No need to stain the sheets they were going to be sleeping in. He was quick to grab a bottle of water out of his bag, handing it to the Angel as he made sure that the bleeding had stopped. Being a demon, he could probably help heal these, and he traced his thumb over one. Practicing Magic for 900 years meant that you at could feel magic, the smallest amount when you're looking for it. And as he guessed, Demonic weapons left Demonic residue which made it harder for the wound to heal. Now if only he could draw out that energy... He tried drawing out the Demonc energy residue out of the wound, watching as it actually worked, the small cut healing over. Not as fast as his cut did, but it certainly helped. He practically tugged the Angel woudl the shirt, trying tot be as mindful as he could about the wings.

He looked up at the question with face screaming 'really?'. "Karma, you just had a fight that you didn't come out unscathed from, you're messy, bloody, and you look exhausted. But no, your priorities is on our Date. Flattering, it really is, but take care of yourself first dumbass." He sighed, a smile full of love and adoration directed at Karma. "Selfsacrificing dork" He grinned pecking Karma on the cheek that didn't have any demon blood on it. "To answer your question, no not really. If we're going soon, and still in Ireland, we can't go anywhere too fancy unless you brought suits for both of us. I'd suggest an amusement park, but you've never been one for outtings and you suggested dinner. We could go to a family diner or something but I don't know where they'd be." He rambled on. He got through the Major cuts and nodded.

"Okay, you should be okay now. You can have another shower. And make sure you have what you need before you go in. Wait, you probably shouldn't touch anything with those dirty hands, you'll stain everything with Demon blood. Tell me what to grab and I'll get it for you." He offered, pulling Karma up to gently drag the Angel to the bathroom. "Getting demon blood out of anything is a nighmare, you're an Angel so it shouldn't stain your skin too badly and it will eventually come off. Its coming out of everything that can absorb which will be your issue. So go, Shower. Tell me what you need, I'll grab it for you." He ordered. "You can take a nap after your shower, and make sure to clean your hair! When it dries out, Demon blood will still get everywhere while sticking to your hair, and that is just a right nightmare." He added.

care_less care_less

Karma did not expect Xander to be so worried. After all, it was only a basic assignment. Karma had came out of fights in worse conditions. But then again, whenever he did Xander most likely didn't know the cause. When they were younger, he had only said that his bruises or broken limbs were from getting beaten up. After all, it was true. And with how much Eric had bullied him growing up, so it was just vague enough to make Xander assume that Eric was the cause for his injuries. Karma laughed as he folded his wings into his back. "Xander, I'm fine," he says as he lightly tried to push his hands away. "The bruises will heal by the time I get out of the shower. I don't feel any pain." As much as he was trying to assure Xander that he was okay, the demon was persistent. So he stopped trying to resist and allowed Xander to heal him.

"Xander, they're dead. I'm okay, really," he insisted as the other removed his shirt. His torso wasn't injured at all. Every scratch and bruise he had was only on skin that was exposed. "Hey Xander," he began as he grabbed the other's face gently. He used the hand that had the least demon blood to avoid getting any on Xander. "I'm okay. I'm not suicidal. I would never act recklessly or try to get myself injured. I wouldn't do that you, " he says sternly as he looked his boyfriend in his eyes. God were they beautiful to look at. He could get lost in them easily. Then he did something that he rarely did. He moved closer to Xander and pressed a kiss against his forehead. For once in his life, he felt affectionate. Something that Xander most likely wouldn't get often. Karma nearly died today, so he was feeling grateful for what he had.

When he pulled away, he allowed Xander to continue healing him. It was a good thing that he was removing the left over demonic magic from his wounds, for he definitely would have grown ill if he didn't. "I'm okay with anywhere," he says calmly. "I'm in a good enough mood to go spend the night at an amusement park." Karma was in a state of bliss, so going to a place full of idiotic humans did not bother him if it meant being with Xander. Plus, who knows? Maybe it could be fun. He removed his glasses once Xander was finished and began heading towards the bathroom. He chuckled when Xander dragging him into the other room. "Are you going to strip me down as well?" he asked jokingly. "Just turn the water in the sink on. I'll rinse my hands off so you don't have to run back and forth."

Once the sink was on, he rinsed off the blood, then dried his hands off on a hand towel. Before he hopped into the shower, he made sure to grab everything he needed first. Then he closed the door, stripped down again, and showered. When he got out, he pulled back his hair into a very short ponytail. It was still semi-wet, but at least now it wouldn't be sticking up in too many directions. "Did you want to an amusement park in Ireland? We can teleport, remember? I have enough energy to take us someplace further and back."

Despite the Angels reasurance, he still allowed Xander to heal him, which was good because otherwise Xander would have gotten upset. "They might not hurt, but Demonic Energy no matter how small can still effect you. and with how many there are... I'd rather not take the risk." He grumbled, worried, but dutifully took out the energy. He felt proud that he could do this, he didn't think he could at first, but it was easy to simply look through his demon eyes and slowly sifon the demonic energy away. With Karma's natural healing, there should be less scarring, faint ones if there are any. He physically relaxed in delief knowing that the Demons who hurt him were dead, and he even let out a sigh, and he could feel himself calm down already. Karma could look after himself but it didn't stop him from being protective.

Xander had to stop what he was doing when Karma was talking to look karma in the eyes, and stopped in his tracks when the Angel kissed his forehead. It clued Xander on that something did happen, that concerned the Angel enough to willingly show affection. But, he knew that Karma would just simply divert his attention away, avoid the topic, and try to forget about it, mostly becasue he didn't see it as a 'big deal'. Reckless Angel... He blamed heaven for that. He closed his eyes and took in the affection, gently butting his head up almost like a cat. He remembered, well, now he can at least, that a lot of his affection he gave, was through his head. He'd rest his head on his mothers shoulder, Moraz and he would headbutt eachother playfully, he once even rammed into Cael and ended up with the younger on his head for about an hour. Mostly because Cael was small and Xander was over twice his height at the time. So a simple kiss on the forehead, was honestly a lot when he thought about it.

"Spend the night? Wow, you must be in a good mood. But are you sure? Those kinds of places always stress you out, I don't want to stress you out. this is supposed to be relaxing. How about... a movie instead? Go to a theater? We can go get something to eat afterwards, go to a casual family restraunt? The later it is the less likely there'll be kids." He offered. Xander had no issue with other humans like Karma did. He thought they were fun. It was often the kids he found more annoyance at. Not because he hated kids, no he adored them. He just couldn't stand their constant screaming. He never could understand what they were screaming about, unless it was at a theme or amusement park. "Besides, alone in the dark? At the back of a movie theatre? Romance movie-wait no, those movies are always stupid. Ooh, Horror? Or comedy? Could hold hands, cuddle, maybe something more intimate..." Xander suggested, but the tone was light and teasing, joking rather than being 100% serious. Would he be upset if nothing but holding hands and a shared kiss happened? No. Would he be upset if something more happened? No.

"I will if you want me to." He grinned cheekily at the question, turning the sink on anyway. He let Karma do his thing, and he couldn't help the thoughts that came into his head. Holding hands, publicly being affectionate, kissing, anythign romantic made him giddy. It was a large turn compared to earlier of him being a thirsty over his boyfriend, but as much as he would love to lay down and have fun with Karma in Bed, he would also be hella down for anything romantic in nature. He supposed they could also be lovey-dovey at an amusement park. He grabbed his phone and looked at nearby amusement parks that had overnight stays. He looked through a 'top ten theme parks in ireland' and turns out, Funderland in Dublin was one that was popular, open at night, had an overnight stay, and they decided to do a 'holiday event' so it was accessable now even though it wasn't normally available at this time. Neat! He looked around and there was even a Movie theatre nearby. Oh hell yeah.

He looked back at Karma with a grin. "Actually, I might have just found the perfect place. Funderland in dumblin. Overnight stay, open for a Holiday event that isn't the normal Christmas Holidays, Its open at night, and theres a movie theatre not even a 5 minute walk away. Its perfect. And don't worry, I have enough Magic to teleport us both easily enough. You focus on staying relaxed." He chided gently, and then got up, moving up to Karma to peck the other on the lips. "I know of a way to help you relax, but you might hit me if I suggest it. So, how about we just cuddle for a while, some 'us' time. Mm?" He suggested, taking Karma by the hands and gently tugging the other to the bed. Hoping that they could cuddle in bed, romantically and loving and everything! His tail seemed to be the only outlet to his pent up excitement of cuddling, swishing back and fourth madly like an excited dog.

care_less care_less

It was nice to have a night where the couple only had to worry about was where to spend their date. Tonight was going to be a night of healing for the both of them. Who knows when the next mentally draining event might happen? It would be better to enjoy a night alone while they still could. So when Xander suggested for the pair to spend it at a movie theater or an overnight amusement park, Karma did not complain once. Xander was right about the angel not liking large groups of humans. Carnivals and any large events attracted different types of people. Not only did Karma not like talking to anyone, but it also became easy for him to get triggered to dissociate. More specifically when seeing teenagers with younger siblings. But Karma was persistent in going. Xander pointed out that not many children would be out this time of night, anyways. He was sure that his triggers would not be too much of an issue.

He laughed softly at Xander's excitement. Especially towards his romantic ideas for when they leave. "Let's keep it PG, Xander," he reminded him. The thought of making out was enough to make the angel on edge. Not because he couldn't handle it. He definitely had the stomach for such. But simply out of fear that he'd take things too far. It was why Karma had to stop himself whenever he felt his heart begin to pound. He was rather touch-starved, so he knew that if his hormones got too excited that he would take things to the next step. Karma did not want to risk falling from Heaven simply because he couldn't control himself.

At the mention of Funderland, Karma nodded in understanding. "Brilliant. We should pack our things and make our way there," he says before turning around. He already began packing up their things. After all, they were inching towards the end of their trip in Ireland. After tomorrow when they spoke with Rosemary, they would return back to London. So tonight would be their last night to enjoy the country while they could. He was halfway into gathering his hygiene products when he heard Xander ask about relaxing first. Karma felt his heart skip a beat. Could he really control himself to cuddle with Xander for a little while? He honestly did not know. "Shouldn't we head towards the park first?" Karma suggested as he felt Xander tug him over towards the bed.

Karma's heart began to beat harder. 'Oh no, I have to think of a way out,' he thought to himself immediately. This couldn't take a step further. He couldn't fall into sin. As innocent as he wanted this to be, he knew that he'd take things too far. This would destroy him. "A-Ah, how about we wait until we fall asleep?" he blurted as he adjusted his glasses nervously. "The park and theater would be closed by the time we got up."

Xander scoffed at the reminder to keep it PG. He was trying okay? But when your boyfriend looks so hot and sexy, as a demon who is unabashedly in love with the hot and sexy guy in front of him, it was hard to keep everything in check. Sue him. "I'm sorry that you make it hard to be PG. But thats fine, Holding hands, kissing and cuddling is all that I need anyway." He grinned, and it wasn't a lie. Xander was very physically affectionate, he always has been he supposed, so even small things like holding hands, cuddling, were still big things to him. Even gentle pecks on the lips. He soaked it all up happily without complaint and dished it just as much as his partner would allow.

If Karma was going to chastise him for subtley hinting towards things, then Karma really didn't want to know what Xander was thinking when he wasn't in a romantic mood and was more in a thirsting-over-his-boyfriend mood. He'd think about how Karma would like to be touched, where, who'd be on top and on bottom, the faces Kamra would make. Oh he bet Karma would blush like no tomorrow. Wait! No! Bad thoughts! Off topic! Proved his point without even trying, damn his brain.

At Karma's insistance to go now rather than after some cuddle time, Xander looked at him confused. Okay so Karma... definately didn't want to cuddle. But... why? Its not as if they haven't cuddled before. "If you're worried about going too far, I'll keep my hands to myself. We've cuddled before, you can trust me. "He grinned, reaching up to gently remove the glasses. cuddling with glasses on is always uncomfortable. "Bsides, Thunderland is something thats open all Day and all Night, same with the theatre. it caters to the adults who have night sceduals. We will be fine. Its open for another like, 3 days anyway." He shrugged, gently but insistingly pulling karma to the Bed. "All we're going to do, is cuddle, Karma. You can handle a bit of cuddling can't you?" He asked, almost teasing, but there was a genuine question. He didn't want to push Karma too far out of his comfort zone, but they've cuddled before so he wanted to make sure that Karma could actually handle cuddling.

"But really Karma, what is it? And don't tell me its nothing. Obviously to make you this skittish about touch, it has to be something. I won't judge, you know this. stop hoarding your feelings and share them. Let me help, even if its just to listen. Didn't the last time you let out a ramble, you confessed to me? I'd say that was a successful ramble, so. Lets do that again." He suggested, pulling Karma to the bed, not to lay on it, but to sit on it. Xander also sat next to him, relaxed and reassuring. Karma would never get it out if he never speaks up about it, and Xander knew that Karma just needed a small push. Or, more like a shove, but a gentle, loving shove.

care_less care_less

Karma rolled his eyes at Xander's complaints. Part of him could understand. After all, he had felt bashfully affectionate towards the demon at times as well. But he was much better at controlling himself to really have a problem. Or, more likely, he avoided situations that could involve such strong feelings. Xander never had an entire race breathing down his neck whenever he got remotely "frenzy". There were two main reasons why he could never move more past the kissing stage. Both of which the archangel was about to reveal. But first, Karma would ramble on nervously as he was pulled onto the bed.

"A-Ah, it's not you I'm necessarily worried about," he stuttered as he felt his glasses slide down the bridge of his nose. "Or at least, you're not the main reason." As much as Karma was verbally resisting, he did not put up much of a physical fight. For deep down, he knew he wanted this. He wanted Xander to do whatever he pleased with him, just to release some built-up stress. So he easily was moved into the bed and practically on top of Xander. His arms being the only thing that kept from falling on top of Xander, his face looked over his. Karma's white hair levitating over his face. Their faces were so close together, either one of them could probably lick the other's nose. A flustered Karma sat himself up quickly. Feeling his face growing hot, he tried to hide his blushing cheeks by covering them with his hands.

"I can handle it," Karma says with his face turned away. "I'm afraid I would be the one to take things too far." Once he had a moment to regroup himself, Karma turned to look back at Xander. His cheeks were still a bright pink, and his hand still holding one side of his face. His pale eyes held shame in them. It was as if he had done something wrong. Something he should be embarrassed about. "Heaven has strict rules about angels having romantic relationships. Specifically archangels," Karma began to explain.

"There's two rules I have to follow. I cannot have sex until I am married, and I cannot be intimate with a demon. There have been many complications with angels in the past either leaking information of Heaven's secrets, birthing a hybrid child, or rebelling as a whole. They want to limit such harmful actions. Plus, I suppose partaking in any of those is considered sinful, as one must be lustful to fall for such."

Karma removed his hand from his cheek and used it to push up his glasses. His eyes trailing down to the comforter and sheets to avoid looking directly at Xander. "I don't want to fall, Xander. As much as I love you, I am loyal to Heaven. Me falling would sacrifice lives of my fellow angels, and humans relying on us. I don't want to risk that."

Xander visibly showed his confusion, through a headtilt and confused face, but had to stop himself from chuckling at how cute Karma was when he pulled back bright red. How cute. but he was still confused and he let Karma pull back, letting the male talk and explain. "Take things... too far? you? But, you're the shy one that can barely be physically affectionate, let alone initiate anything. I think you've initiated something twice now. Off the top of my head. Three, if I'm forgettign something." Xander said, amused and still confused. "archangels? But I thought you were just a normal Angel? How do you be an Archangel?" He asked confused, confusion making itself more and more prominant on his face, and then Karma talked about falling and Xander couldn't help but offer a confused headtilt.

"Falling? But I thought you couldn't? At least, thats what I remember rosemary saying. I think she was chuffed about it." Xander asked confused, sitting up with Karma. "Did you really not know? I honestly thought you did... I'm sorry, I think theres a miscommunication issue." he chuckled awkwardly. Well shit, no wonder Karma was so against doing anything. He kissed Karma on the top of his head. "Besides, 'Intimate with a Demon' shouldn't they just say dating demons is like, fully against the rules or something? That would make things a lot more easier. Besides, what classifies 'intimate'? We've napped and cuddles, kissed heavily, I'm not oposed to snogging, but I know some old folks who think that showing skin above the knee is 'too much skin' and that 'kissing should be private' so... define Intimate?" He asked, almost confused.

"It doesn't help that I have my own Ideas of intimate. My intimate is cuddling, because of how close two people are and hwo quickly it can go into further. But its a soft-intimate. Like, holding hands or having faces close together can be intimate depending on the atmosphere." Xander explained, heat rising to his cheeks. "So in my eyes, we've been quite intimate but not in a sexual way. If that makes any sense. It... probably doesn't..." He chuckled, sheepish and shy. Its not often Xander is shy about these kinds of things, but talking about romance makes him giddy and shy when he's forced to talk about what kind of things he likes and adores, like handholding and cuddling. Ironic thats what he craves the most, and he consideres it 'intimate' in a way. More of a romantic intimate, but still intimate. "B-but yeah, there are different types of intimates, and it can differ from person to person. And, I can understand that No sex before marrige stuff, that-that makes sense. But what counts as sex? Virginity? Just the act? would masturbation count? I think there is a lot of leeway if the rules are so undefines as they are." Xander offered.

"But... I understand. You falling will put people at risk, so I understand. I... I don't want to risk you falling, but if the two of us being together does risk that... what should we do?" He asked, eyes concerned. He... he honestly did not want to give Karma up, and would fight to keep Karma by his side if he had to, but he valued Karma as a person, and if heaven and being an Angel, being heavens weapon, was more important than a Demon he was in love with, well... he couldn't choose for Karma.

care_less care_less

Karma didn't know how to take Xander's comment about him not handling physical affection. He was not completely wrong. Half of the time, Xander was right. He enjoyed simply spending time with the demon. He was his boyfriend, but he did not like to be romantic all of the time. He just wanted to either talk away, or do some sort of service for Xander. It was his natural love language. But on the other half, Karma's inner self wanted to do nothing more but to be under Xander's skin. That was the side that Karma was afraid of. It only came out whenever the two would cuddle for longer than two minutes, or kissed much just as long. "I act the way I do for a reason," he says dully. When questioned about his race, Karma cracked a smile. More precisely, he grinned. It was one he wore when he was going to give a "smart-alec" remark or just to be cheeky.

"I could've sworn I told you that," he says, nearly breaking into laughter. "I suppose my wings are a bit smaller right now. They don't grow in for another ten years or so. If I were a regular angel, Heaven wouldn't have taken such an interest in me." He had to hold in a chuckle as he watched Xander's head tilt from confusion. This wasn't the first time he's seen him do this, but that didn't make it any less cute.

When Xander said that he couldn't fall, it was his turn to be confused. He raised his left eyebrow slightly. It wasn't dramatic, but enough to show that he was puzzled by what he said. He's never heard of such a thing. An angel having immunity to falling? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of being an angel?
"Never have I heard of such a thing," he says firmly. Hearing that the information came from his sister was even more confusing. Was she trying to play games with him? "That sounds ridiculous. I'm sure if that were true, Michael would have..." His voice faded as his eyes drifted to the floor. He was beginning to doubt himself. Rosemary had no reason to lie, right? Neither would Xander. But Michael has been the only one supporting him all these years. There's no way he could fool him.

"What are you playing at?" he asked as his eyes met Xander's. He was growing defensive. It was an instinctive move. His mind was having a hard time to distinct what was real and what was made up. Sure, Michael and him did not agree on everything or always got along. But he was his mentor. He helped get Karma back on his feet after his mother and brother passed. Michael taught him everything he knew. He wasn't trying to keep secrets from him, was he? His head felt like static. He watched Xander's lips move, but he couldn't hear a word he was saying. His eyes were staring at him, but Karma couldn't see him. "You aren't serious, right?" he cut Xander off abruptly. He wasn't trying to be rude. His mind was having a difficult time processing.

"You must be joking. You are joking, yeah? Please tell me you're joking."

"You say that, 'act the way you do for a reason' but you never give the reason. So? Whats the reason, love?" He asked, almost flirtariously, but still serous and more joking to lighten the atmosphere. Although he doubted it worked all too much. "Wow, so I'm dating an Archangel. Father would have an aneurysm. And good, bastard deserves it. Huh, neat." He murmuered out. "Knowing mother, she already knows, and never told me because she like to let me learn. Typical. But yeah I didn't realise. Your wings were too small for an Archangel, but it makes sense seeing how you're still young." He hummed in thought. Now that he thought about it, he was a young Angel but his wings were as big as normal adults.

At the sudden defence, Xander couldn't help but be confused. Playing at? Playing at what? He could see that Karma was struggling to comprehend everything and Xander sat up properly, putting his hands on Karmas shoulders, making the Angel look at him properly. "Karma. I need you to listen to me." He said, serious, concern obvious but a firm, calm sternness that he rarely used. He let his hands slowly move to cup Karma's face gently, as though holding the world and to Xander... he was his whole world. "I have never lied to you, not willingly, and not about this. The only lies were about me trying to hide myself as a Demon, and I haven't lied since. Everything I've told you has been everything I've heard and learnt and believe." He said earnestly.

"I'm not sure what you think I might be joking about. whether its about the intamacy, how I see and define it, how lose the rules are, or about you not being able to fall, but everything I said was my own thoughts and feelings, and what you sister told me." He said earnestly, and pulled back a bit. "Remember back in secondary, final year, you were working for weeks on that one progect for class and couldn't get past it. But when you let me have a look at it, I gave you an outsiders perspective and you understood how to fix that issue. I think it was chemisty? Either way, this is a similar situation, right? You only know what you've been told, but I'm an outsiders perspective, and I've poked holes in something that was unshakable, no?" He tried to explain, or at least dumb it down to his understanding. "Also... How were you born? You... had a family, right? you said Micheal was your dad, but you said your whole family is dead... I've never understood this." He asked, legitamately confused. Karma explained that his family was dead, that he had a human family, but he was an Angel and Micheal was his father. He never understood how that worked.

"I just... sort of accepted that angels were confusing and I'd never understand them, but Karma... I think its time for you to start thinking for yourself. you're an Angel, yes, but you are still your own person. blindly following someone who... hasn't told you the whole truth, and even sent demons to corrupt your adoptive sister and terorrise you in some kind of sick test... I don't think thats good for you mentally. In fact, I'd think some people would say thats borderline abusive and manipulative, and with you so young, its not hard to brainwash kids into blindly believing what you had to say, not when you look after them and they look up to you." Xander explained. If he was going to wake Karma up to this kind of thing, it might as well be now. "I'm not saying this to make you fall, to to rebell against heaven, I'm not. I respect you and your wish to stay in heaven, but like not all demons are evil conniving bastards, you've seen Moraz and Mother, and myself, not all angels are... pure and good, even if they're still in heaven." Xander put it bluntly. while it was true moth Angels hated demons and most Demons hated angels, Demons were often times horrid and angels were mostly kind. but you got the opposite eggs every so often.

care_less care_less

Karma tried to listen to Xander desperately. He tried to concentrate on his words or understand what the other was saying, but he could not hear anything. Or at least, his brain wasn't comprehending his words. His eyes were glued onto Xander's lips. They were blank and empty, as if he was sleeping with his eyes open. He wanted to moved desperately. His mind was screaming at himself to move. But he felt hopeless. Karma was watching himself through a screen with no controls. Xander's hold and serious tone had reminded him of something. It was a strange type of deja vu. Has he been here before? A memory he had long forgotten about forced into the screen. He lost touch with reality and shrunk into the back of his head.

Karma felt as if he was watching a VR movie. He was a child again, and judging by his small stature, he was no more than seven.

*Everything happens at seven.*

He remembered the smell of blood as he stepped out of a door. Was he going inside or leaving the house? Karma couldn't remember. He did just catch himself saying something. A house? This must have been his childhood home. He had walked to find something he could not describe. Karma wanted to look away. He wanted to forget and play innocently with Michael. But Michael is hiding something, Karma reminded himself. I have to watch. As sickening as it was, the angel forced him to remember. He was staring at his step-father, mother, and brother nailed to separate wooden crosses. His face was pale. He wanted to vomit. In fact, he was pretty sure he did vomit. The realization that his family was dead had already hit him, but what made him scarred was the look of his mother's face. He wanted to describe it, but he couldn't find the words to. It was gorey and grotesque. Something a young boy should not be able to describe.

He felt someone grab him, but his eyes were too focused on the scene. It took the person to kneel in front of him to keep Karma from staring. It was Michael. He was holding his shoulders firm and looked him in his eyes. 'Karma, I need you to listen to me,' he remembered him saying. 'I know this terrible, but it was something you had to see.' Karma was appalled. How did he not notice this before? Something he had to see? He was a CHILD. No child should have seen what he did. No father could ever do that to his son. He wanted to curse Michael out, but his young boy did not move. His eyes were on the ground. He was paralyzed. He couldn't scream. Couldn't cry. He could only stare and listen.

'You are born into an unfortunate position. I am sorry that you must suffer. But there is no salvation without sacrifice. No honor without death.' Karma could punch him. Kick the living Hell out of him. Sacrifice? He wanted to talk about sacrifice? How was a kid who could barely count to twenty be taught about sacrifice? Karma never saw this before. Why had he never saw this before? Did I try to forget that much to make the situation better? But again, Karma was standing in a memory. He couldn't give Michael a piece of his mind. Not here at least. 'From this day forth, I will keep you from feeling this pain again. You will be Heaven's Weapon after all. This will not be your last tragedy, but I promise to help make those emotions less...problematic. It will be better this way, for you and for Heaven.' Karma's head nodded slowly. The young boy was in shock. He was vulnerable and yet the archangel took advantage of him. Since day one, Michael has manipulated him. He used his trauma as a way to shape the boy into the perfect angel.

Karma was beyond pissed. But he was more so pissed at himself than anything else. He couldn't help but to blame himself for not seeing this. If he was his rational self, he woulf havr convinced himself that it wasn't his fault. Karma was a child listening to his father. None of that was his fault. But the angel did not feel any less foolish. He pushed away his human family, Xander, Rosemary, everyone because of Michael. What a foolish foolish mistake. When he snapped back into reality, it was as if he had awoken from a nap. It took him a while to stop himself from spacing out. More so than usual, for this was a much larger trigger. He blinked and looked around. Where was he? Who was he? Who was in front of him? Karma looked Xander's face over and slowly came up to date. This is the man that probably just saved my life. The poor angel smiled sadly and held his head. "I'm such an idiot," he says, rubbing his eyes. "I can't believe I let some old jerk push me around like that. I should have listened to you from the start." Karma looked up to stare at Xander again. "I'm sorry for being so defensive. You were right, Michael's a narcissistic asshole. I just don't understand how I never noticed it before."

It took Xander a moment but he noticed. He noticed that Karma wasn't litening, but emotions were on his face. Minute, but there. He must be processessing then. That was all Xander could think Karma could be doing. so... he waitied. He waited for Karma to come back to reality, waited for Karma to finish whatever was going on inside his head. He wanted as anger seemed to take presidence on Karma's gorgeous face and Xander couldn't help but wonder what was going on inside Karma's head. but then, finally, Karma seemed to come out of his head, blinking confused at him. Xander smiled slightly amused. "Welcome back to reality, my love." He greeted softly, hoping that his touch and voice could ground the rather spacey-looking Kamra. "You're doing great, just a bit more." He continued to ground Karma. Until Kamra smiled at him.

Huh? So.. he agreed? Xander smiled although confusion was present. "You're not an idiot, Karma. Manipulation is hard to see from the inside. You need an outsiders perspective to wake you up. But... what made you believe me?" He asked, curiosity rising. "because you were pretty adamant that I was joking." He added, slightly amused. he kissed Kamras forehead gently, lovingly, and then put his own forehead to Karma's and he looked into karma's eyes. Beautiful. "I think i have to restate everything I said previously, you kidn of zoned out." He grinned, chuckling, not even upset int he slightest. "I think the best thing to take away from this is that not all Demons are Evil Bastards and not all Angels are do-no-wrong innocent. Like Me, Moraz, Hell, Mother even. You get the few demons who arn't bloodthirsty and ready to just kill everything. And like us Demons, Some Angels can be manipulative coniving dicks with wings, as my father likes to so eloquently put sometimes." He chuckled.

"Uhh, another thing, never think I'm ever trying to make you fall or rebell against heaven. I respect your decision to stay in heaven, but I'm not just going to let you be manipulated by some asshole who probably wants me dead and you blindly under his control. Your health, mentalhealth and knowing the truth I believe is more important then trying to 'make you fall'. Although Moraz said I'd be able to touch your wings if you were fallen, but I told him to fuck off. like, don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to touch your wongs again, but I'm not going to have you fall to do it. And I dont' know how to... unfall?" He asked confused. How does a demon become a non-demon? An Angel can fall but could a Dmon rise?" He asked, pulling back in thought. "Food for thought, probably later though." He chuckled, realising he got off topic.

"Anyways, are you now willing to cuddle? Or are you still against cuddling because of your So very Valid reasons that you never gave me?" He teased, gently and wrapped his arms around Karma to pull the Angel into a hug. He wasn't going to pull the Angel down to lie on him just yet, but a hug would suffice. "Or, if you dont' feel like cuddling, we can just simply make out. Surely a make out can't be too bad, right?" He asked, his tone bordering on seductive. Was he trying to tempt the Angel into having a make out session or cuddle session? Maybe. did he feel bad? Not really, because kissing and cuddling can't be too sinful, surely.

care_less care_less

Karma gave out a short laugh. Nothing was humerus. In fact, it was quite the opposite. But it was the only reaction he could think of having. Did he really grow defensive like that sinply because Xander was relaying a truth? He laughed again, however this one was much sadder. Karma rubbed his eyes to keep himself focused. Xander was asking a question. He needed to make sure that he didn't space out again so his mind could avoid it. "I don't know, it was strange. I was looking back at my childhood and I noticed things that I've overlooked. I suppose the conversation triggered something in the back of my head." He couldn't remember everything he saw. It was more like a dream than a memory. It made him question if this was a dream as well, or if he was actually living in the moment. "Did I pass out? Were we sleeping?"

When Xander said that he would need to repeat himself, Karma smiled awkwardly. "Ah yes, I'm sorry. I don't remember anything," he apologized. He was upset with himself for not listening to the other, but did not shame himself too hard. His brain had shut off on him. There was only so much he could do. So now, Karma listened to the other carefully. As he finished, Karma nodded at his words. "I never really believed that you could make me fall," he began. "But I was so in my own head that I only focused on your demonic side. That was wrong and unjust of me. I'm really sorry." There was reasons why he was so against Xander's ideas after coming out as a demon. It was because of the bad mentality many angels put on the opposing race. More specifically towards Lucifer and his family. He wasn't going to excuse that behavior any longer.

Xander's questions about him falling definitely lightened the mood. Karma laughed softly. "I'm sure there is probably a way. It's a question Rosemary or your mother might know the answer to. But if I can't fall, then I suppose you'll have to live a life without touching my wings." He caught himself smiling for a second. It was a REAL smile. Without the pressure of living under such strict rules looming over his shoulder, he felt happier. He was relieved. There was still the very needed conversation that was bound to happen between himself and Michael once he returned to Heaven. But as of right now, Karma was satisfied the bit of freedom he did have. More specifically the freedom he had with Xander.

At Xander's suggestion, he felt a familiar set of butterflies flutter in his stomach. "Well," he began as he looked over Xander's face. The closer he moved to him, the more he noticed their height difference. It was never a large one. Most times Karma never paid attention to it. But now that they were this close, he had to look up at him. He felt his face begin to heat up. The thought of his question made his mind flustered, but he asked it regardless. "Well, if I can't fall..." he began as his eyes looked down at Xander's lips. "We can do more than that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back