• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Holy or Unholy, either way they're idiots

Karma had easily fell into what could only be described as a spell. None of this felt real. He felt as if any minute now, he would wake up to his bedroom back in his parent's home. He could mentally comment on how strange his dream was before getting himself up and ready for the day. But he knew it was all very real, and could not properly comprehend that. His mind made him think that he was simply just an outsider looking through a different lens. It was like his body was moving on its own, which made his actions seem out of character. Karma leaned into the hug and placed his head on the crook of Xander's neck. His eyes closing as he relaxed into his hold. He did not move for a while. This was too peaceful for him to just break away. A good minute or two had passed before Karma had pulled away. Although he had felt better, his face was still empty and numb as he gave him an empty smile.

"I know you said that I have to sleep in a bed, but I am completely content with the floor," Karma says with a tone of "matter-of-fact" in his voice, showing that he was coming back around to his old self. He did not want to worry Xander too much. Although it was difficult right now, he knew that he would get over it eventually. “I’ll be closer to the outlet that way. I often get emergency nightly call-ins from work, so I can just hurry and leave if need be," he says, however that was only partially true. He did have emergency call-ins, however it was never for his partial job at the hospital. In order to keep himself from being thrown out of heaven's gates, he had to accomplish a mission sent from either God or the arc angel he had accompanied, Michael. Of course, he could not openly tell Xander that. What normal human would believe that angels truly exist, and walk among them so easily.

Once Xander had gathered everything, Karma had followed the other upstairs. However as soon as the demon tried to grab his hand, Karma moved his hand away from him before he could even brush his fingertips across his icy skin. "Nope, nice try," he says as adjusted his pajama shirt. Even while wearing sleepwear, Karma had always tried to make the cloth as non-wrinkly as he could. "You've gave me physical affection four times today. That means four months of no touching," he says coldly with a subtle push of his circular glasses. After climbing up the stairs, Karma moved his hands behind his head and pulled the white hair barrette out of his ponytail. Allowing his platinum hair to fall on his shoulders and help relax the roots of his hair.

For Karma, the red decorated room was nothing but normal. Although the color red had usually signified sin or lust, but he knew that it was one of Xander's favorite colors, and had never commented on it. After all, he did not want the other to think of him as more strange than he already was. Although Xander had lead him towards the bed, he quickly dodged its direction and plopped himself onto the floor. He sprawled out his legs and arms. Letting his aching joints to rest for a moment or two before finally grabbing a slice of pizza. "Is that the game with all of the weird masked people?" Karma asked. It was clear that he only remembered the video game vaguely, for he had no true interest in playing it. Only to watch Xander have fun. "Ah, thanks," he responds as he grabbed his book and placed it besides him.

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos

"No no no. My Bed is big enough for 3 people to sleep close, it can host 2 people without being too much for you. You can sleep further to the edge of the bed, I prefer to be near to the wall Anyway." He said, not taking any excuses. "And you know I sleep like a rock, even if you do get up and have to leave, I wont wake up. I wake up with the sun, you know that." He smiled, amused. Like hell (heh) he was going to let his friend sleep on the floor. If he let his best friend sleep on the floor, his parents would kill him, revive him and kill him again. And while he loved his parents, and he knew they loved him, he wasn't risking the fact that they'd automatically know if he willingly let someone sleep on the floor. He was a Demon, sure, but his parents were scary-well... no not really, but they could be intimidating if thye wanted to be. He huffed at the 'no touching' and rolled his eyes at the 'four months'.

"Dude, you basically shut down and stopped functioning for a good 5 minutes. You're not indestructable. You have your limits just like everyone on his ball of rock does. Hell, you could be an Alien from outer space and I'd still say you have limits. And when you meet those limites sometimes, you need some physical affection. Besides, you say 'no touching for 4 months' and yet you let me hug you every day anyway." He said with a cheeky grin, although he huffed when Karma sat on the floor next to him. The guy just had an emotional Shut down, he should stay in that comfy place in his head and let himself be soft. But, that train of thought also came from his desire to see Karma be soft and allowing of touch. Part of him, a small part, sort of wanted to brute-force it with some demonic innate magic, but the logic, the more humane and caring part of him shut the Idea down. He shouldn't rely on it, Karma was Karma, and it was take it or Leave it. And If anyone thought he was going to leave, they'd be dead-fucking wrong.

He laughed at Karma's description. "If you want to describe it wrong, yes. I only know so much of the games, but in essence uhhh... the Persona is your true self that you use to face harships in life. Form what I remember reading up on it." He explained a bit better. But even he wasn't 100% sure. He started the game after configuring the settings getting to a playable part before his phone rang. "Ooh! Ma's calling!" He looked at Karma with an undertsanding smile "We don't have to tell them about what happened today if you dont want to. We can tell them another time, they shouldn't be back for at least a another month." He waits for Karma to answe before picking up and answering the face-time. "Hi Ma! Karma's with me today!" He greeted, moving the phone so both him and Karma were in view. His mother, with her round face and gentle brown eyes smiled a grin that rivaled his own.

"Hi Sweetie! And Hello Karma! How are you both? Oh, I'm sorry I can't be there to greet you in person, Karma, but Xander knows how to host and I trust that the pair of you wont brign the house down!" She said, her voice happy and gentle. She looked off Camera before sniggering. "Your Father is completly knonked out! We went hiking today and you know him! He can teach in a classroom and run after little children but can't walk up a mountain!" She huffed, but it was obvious she was only teasing. "So how have you two been?" She asked and Xander looked at Karma before taking over to talk a bit. "Well, I've been thinking with how often you two go out to travel, what if something happened? You kow I don't plan on leaving anytime soon, so I was wodnering if I could buy the house off of you two and have leagal ownership, but you can still come back and live here. I know you two don't want any more kids and would rather travel, but with you two travelling but being the leagal owners, if something goes wrong, it wont be fixed for ages and you'd have to come back." He said and her face went from all smiles to thinking.

"You're not wrong there, and its sort of the reason why I've been trying to keep in contact so often, to check up on you and the house. We'd have to talk about it when we're all awake, and preferably not in different countries." She said, and He smiled. Its why he actually adored this woman, his mother was the kind of woman who would actually listen to what you say and take your feelings in to account. "Now, have I missed anything else? I saw your side eye, Xander, don't think you're so slick, Mister." She teased and he laughed. "I'm just looking at Karma! Can you blame me, he's eye candy." He grinned, nudging Karma's shoulder with his own, getting the chortle from his mother.

care_less care_less (Sorry this took so long! I made up for it with length!)

Karma rolled his eyes at the other's persistence. He should have known better than to argue with the other. If Xander had insisted it, that had always been a silent way of saying 'do it or I'll torture you with consistent kindness'. Angels were made to maintain balance, not to be kind. So if Xander was going to continue to butter him up the way he did, Karma had no choice but to submit. "Fine," the male says with a short huff, before sitting himself at the opposite end of the couch. It felt unnatural for him to eat on his friend's bed, mainly because it was strictly forbidden to bring food anywhere else but the kitchen and dining room. Although this was definitely not his first time eating upstairs with Xander, it was still a strange practice for him.

When he heard the other speak again about his previous mental malfunction, he stopped eating and kept his eyes from the floor. He truly did hate the fact that he had emotions, but what he hated more was talking about them. It was the one thing he could not calculate or predict, and it made him feel insane. But he did not interrupt when Xander spoke, no matter how tempting it was to cut him off and tell him that he was not going to talk about his feelings. Sure, it was an important topic, but that did not make Karma want to discuss it any more. "Alexander," he says with a dark, serious tone. One that sounded as if he were the villain of an anime or a horror flick. "I'm fine," he says as he turned around to look at him. "Really. If I feel like that again, I will let you know. Stop worrying about me. You are my best and only friend. I'm sure that when the time comes, I will open up about what I'm feeling. But until then," his voice turned a bit lighter again as he took a bite of his pizza, "keep eating and play your game."

Once Xander's phone began to ring, there was a separate call coming from Karma's phone as well. He picked it up at the same time, and his face turned serious again. It was the arch angel he served. He was supposed to be outside fifteen minutes ago to meet up with him, and was now standing just outside of Xander's house. "I'll be right over. My apologies," he murmured into the phone before hanging up. He turned around to look down at Xander's phone. Even though he has known his parents for years, he could not help but be awkward around them. He had always been shy growing up, so talking to anyone that was not Xander or his family was never his strong suit. So all he did was give a small wave and smile, along with a soft 'hello'. He waited for a good time for Xander to take a breather in the middle of his call before saying, "I'm going to be outside for a while. Call me if you need me." Karma then hurried out of the house.

Standing at the edge of the sidewalk was a male dressed completely in white. He looked a bit older than Karma, perhaps in his late twenties to early thirties. But Karma knew better. The man that stood before him had appeared young, but was at least a few centuries old. He had long, feathered wings and bright blue eyes glaring down at Karma. It was clear that he was upset. "Again, my apologies sir-"
"Why do you still look human?" the older angel said in a firm, deep voice. It had shut the boy up rather quickly and moved to one knee. With his head down, feathered white wings sprung out from the middle of his spine. It tore holes through the back of his t-shirt as the blossomed out. A few white feathers floating from his wings and onto the ground.

The dark tone of his friends voice didn't scare him, but his full name did put a sharp stab of fear. The only time tone mattered to him was when it ws serious, but that didn't scare him just made him just as serious as the tone of voice. Full names were for serious-time or he was in trouble. He tsked annoyed "You say that but you never do." He mutters under his breath. He knows his friend, and he knows that when it comes to emotions the other will just ignore them, not bothering to ask for help because he was too prideful. But he let it be, knowing that his friend would just close off if he continued to press. So He let it be, deciding to be snarky the next time he has an emotional breakdown over it. He continued to eat his Pizza with a huff, more agressive than normal or had any need to be in a slight show of just being huffy.

While his mood did improve after talking to his parents he watched as Karma left in a suspicious hurry. "I'm going to have to call you back." He muttered, ending the call quickly, getting up and silently following his friend. He wasn't sure what was up, but he felt that letting Karma just up an leave was just... not good. Following the Angel he watched as the other didn't even close the door. He silently watched from the door, and saw... a Bloody fucking Angel. He blinked and stopped. Why did Karma know an angel? Why was he kneeling? Waint what? He watched as Feathers blasted out of his friends back, fathers falling to the floor and he felt his heart stop and his jaw drop in both awe and in apsolute stunned surprise.

His friend... His best friend, for the past 15 or so years, was a Fucking Angel. He Had to get a picture! He quickly took a picture with his phone, and he felt a silent glee fill his chest. He went through what he could do. Not do anything, watch until they probably left, confront them, but they were probably invisible so it could bring into question why HE could see them. But the fact that Karamatt-his best friend who loved spicy food, didn't like people and was emotionally stunted-Bion was a Fucking Angel! And he was a Demon! Who knew what kind of Demon, but he was one definatly. And He was sure the older Angel would know as soon as he looked. But then, how did neither of them know about the other? In his defence he never met an Angel, unless you count Karma, not from what he can remember, so he's just a dumbass. But Karma! Karma is-he should know! He was so confused!! What should he do? He thought on his feet for a hot second before the reckless side of him thought fuck it. He was going to be as innocent as he could, and hope to whoever no one noticed. He put his phone away and opened the door as though he was walking after Karma.

"Karma! What do you mean you'll be outside? My Parents arn't that scary!" He called out, before looking at the two. He stopped, blinked, before taking his phone out and taking a picture. "How... Did you get into cosplay so quickly?" he asked, stupidly. He walked closer to the two, mostly focused on the wings and the feathers around. "Its sort of falling apart though." He commented as he picked one up. It was a slight burn, but more like holding a really warm cup of tea. Not to the point of burning, but you wouldn't want to hold it for long. "good quality feather though. Adn they look realistic. As realistic as Angel wings can get." He shrugged. "Who's the dude? Sup, I'm Xander." He greeted, a hand up in a gesture of hello and an innocent but happy smile. And this is why you don't show off your non-human apendages in the middle of the fucking street. Luckily the street was apsolutely empty but still.

care_less care_less

Karma felt his stomach turn at the sound of Xander's voice. Why, out of all the times he could walk out of the house, would he have chosen now to do so? He had expected to talk with his mentor for no more than five minutes, and within that short bit of time, Xander had decided to check up on him now. In all rationality, he should have questioned why his friend could see him in the first place. Mere humans could not see any supernatural creature until that creature wanted to be seen, which meant that Xander himself must have been something similar to him. But that thought had never crossed his mind. His brain was on lock-down mode, where logic did not apply.

As soon as Xander walked out, the older angel had disappeared immediately. It looked as if his body had disintegrated into white sand, which blew away into the wind before vanishing in the thin air. Karma's backup plan was to agree with Xander's earlier proposal that they had been cosplaying, but Michael had made that rather difficult now. Karma slowly turned himself around. His once pale green eyes had been glowing rather brightly underneath the dark night sky. His irises were like shining green emeralds, which made him seem even less normal.

"Oh um...Xander!" he said with fake enthusiasm. He was really in for it now. There was no way out of the truth, and lying had never been his strong suit. In most cases, if he did not want to speak the truth, he would remain quiet. But remaining silent was not an option here, and he knew that good and well. "Uh...would you mind talking inside?" he asked as he pushed up his glasses, attempting to hide his new found nervousness. "You might want to sit down."

Xander's smile dropped to a look of confused shock as the Angel turned into Sand. Fucking SAND! Who thinks its a good Idea to just disintergrate into fucking Sand?! He stared at the sand blowing away in the wind blinked and then looked to Karma. "Uh-what just happened? He turned into sand-oh..." He said, noticing the glowing green eyes. They were really pretty. H ealways knew they were shiny, but to know they glowed was another fucking thing. "Not fair, your are glowing holy shit." He muttered, but complied with the request anyway, almost stumbling into the house. He practically fell onto the sofa and continued to stare at that wings, before looking at the glowing green eyes and then back to the wings.

"This... this isn't a cosplay, is it? You're... an actual Angel, arn't you?" he asked, sounding bewildered as he felt honestly. "There was a random guy who just melted into sand, who was he anyway? and why did he melt into sand?" He rambled. "Wait, do you have a Halo? so that means God exists right? does that mean other creatures like.. vampires and demons exist? is this why you didn't want me working at a strip club?" He asked a mild a minute. "Wait, if you're an Angel why are you cosplaying as a human? And how do you age? I've known you for 15 years. I guess this also explains why you're so fucking pretty, you're a literal angel of course you're goign to be good looking." He said leaning back onto the sofa. "This is a wild night, everything is happening today. Today is just not your day dude." he chuckled, giving the Angel a smile.

"You know, this boths answers and causes a lot of questions. I ranted most of them off just then but like... " He trailed off, his mind going blank. "Okay, my brain is now refusing to think, talk at me, bro so I don't start confusing myself into a corner." He pleaded, moving to get comfortable on the sofa, stretching out like a cat and drapimg himself in a comfortable position to look and listen to Karma. He also took the time to apreciate the wings and eyes. The Wings looked fucking gorgeous, and he wanted to touch and pet them, even though the other wouldn't like it, and it wouldn't be comfortable for him for too long. seeing how he was a demonic entitiy touching somehting very holy. But those eyes, good lord of whereever, those eyes were captivating. Karma was ncie to look at normally, but now he was borderline distracting. And it was unfair!

care_less care_less

A black hole of anxiety was forming in his stomach. Never in his life had he felt more sick than he did at this moment. Karma felt as if he was caught in the midst of murdering someone, and was about to get himself sentenced to the death penalty. Sure, he knew that his mind had been exaggerating the situation, and was completely blowing this out of proportion, but he could not help it. His best friend had just discovered that Karma had been lying to him for years, and he was afraid of losing the one person that had kept him sane. The angel followed Xander back inside of the house. Now that his secret had been outed, there was no point in hiding his wings. But, unfortunately for him, his wings were much to large for him to simply walk through like he would have normally done. So he walked through the front door sideways, before closing the door behind him.

He gave out a short laugh as he listened to the other's reaction. "Ah, no. This isn't a cosplay," he said simply, as that was very much obvious at this point. He was not surprised to be overwhelmed with questions, for he assumed that any human that had been remotely atheist their entire life (or so he had thought) would be questioning both Karma's, and their own entire existence. But there were too many questions for the male to answer at once, so he waited for Xander to take a breath before cutting in. "Calm down. Let's answer one question at a time, yeah?" he says as he stood in the center of the living room, seeing as there was not enough room for him to sit besides Xander now that he had allowed his wings to fully show. "I will start out with something simple, then you can ask me anything else after that," he said before he had adjusted his glasses.

"I am an a natural-born angel, which means that I age like a normal human until the age of 25. By then, I can choose whether I want to continue aging or remain the appearance of a young adult. I have been assigned the role of a guardian angel of a human girl, Isabelle Bion, and to keep her from the UK's most gruesome serial killer in human history. I am to play as her older brother, and must keep my eye on her as she ages. Her first massive kill is her oldest brother, and both of her parents at age twelve. If I am unable to save her, I must end her life in order to maintain safe the hundreds of lives she is destined to end." His voice was monotone and cold, much like an AI would be if it were to give directions to one's destination. Karma had this mission drilled into his mind so many times, that his emotions had completely disconnected from the situation entirely. "So, at age three I was placed into the Bion's family and was made a human life. Does that help clear anything up?"

At the stop from the other, Karma blinked and chuckled. "Sorry, sorry. Go ahead and talk dude." He allowed, letting the Angel, literal angel with wings in his living room, speak. The whole time, Zander didn't like the tone he ended up taking, but decided to ignore it in favour of getting answers. He knew that the other wouldn't be able to muster up enough emotion to put into his voice if he wasn't connected to it, and it made him worry for his friend. But, he had to focus. at least to a point. he felt his normally hot and warm body go cold at the sheer panic and dread then shot through him when Karma told him what was going to Happen with Isabella. He took a calming breath and let the dread and panic out, they wont help him feel any better. Finally, he was allowed to ask questions again.

'"Natural born Angel'? So, like, when you're three years old you already know what to do and how to live or something? And oh fuck, Bella. No fucking wonder she goes nuts, her family is insane. Maybe mum and dad can adopt her? We might need to move house and get a bigger once if your staying with us. Thought I doubt any court would allow that to really happen considering beign toxic as hell isn't a good excuse." He wondered. And then thought of easier ways to deal with it himself. Aka, talk to the girl, make her feel welcomed, kill the family before she does. But back on track. "She's only seven, so we have a few more years. But that family is toxic as hell, and with what happened earlier, I really feel bad for Bella. She's a sweet girl, but damn... Even I'd snap with that family." He said with a sigh. He was a fucking Demon and even he would have snapped with that toxic behaviour. "It clears up some things, like there are still parts I can't wrap my head around, but I sort of understand whats going on. Also, I'm helping. I don't care what you say, I'm helping you. Isabella is like a little sister, I'm Helping." He said, determined. Isabella just found herself with a Literal Angel and Demon as older brothers.

"Question wise... The random guy who melted into sand, who was he? And why did he melt into sand? I can only assume another Angel but... Why melt into sand?" He asked, and that honestly confused him. "And can I touch your wings? They look... super fluffy." he said and a part of him didn't want to, knowing that it'll be like dunking his hands into almost boiling hot water considering it was Divine or Celestial... Energy? Magic? And he was a Demon, so it'll hurt. But, They looks so fluffy and he couldn't help but think 'pat the Birb'. That thought made him lose his train of thought. 'Bird...' "Wait you have wings, does that make you a Bird? Or Bird-like? Can you Lay eggs? would petting you down your back make you sexually active like how a Bird works?" He asked, curious, and as serious one could be when asking if your friend was a bird or Bird-like. But Xander knew how to keep a straight face even if what he said was completly bonkers and make him want to laugh he ass off.

care_less care_less

"Yes," he confirms, responding to Xander's first question on his existence alone. "There are two types of angels. Natural-born and blessed. Blessed angels are those that were once human, but made into an angel to carry out a certain mission. I assume you can guess what natural-born angel is." Hearing the other ask more questions made Karma chuckle a bit. In a way, he found Xander's curiosity cute. It reminded him of a child who was asking why the sky above them was blue. Although he had every right to bombard him with questions, it was almost adorable, but he did not comment on it. "I was still a child, so I did not fully understand my purpose until I was seven. That was when I began to train and complete missions at night, when my adoptive family would be asleep."

When Karma heard his friend's offer for support, he was a bit hesitant. He was not fond on the idea of a human getting involved with Heavenly business. He was still seen as very young compared through the other angels' eyes, and could be punished heavily if he were to mess up this mission. And because of this, he would be risking Xander to get harmed with him. "I don't know, Xander. I can't risk you getting hurt in case things go wrong," Karma says with a sigh. His emerald eyes drifting off to the floor below him to keep himself from making eye contact with Xander. "Angels are very strict when it comes to things like this. On top of that, I am a completely different person during missions and so forth. I do not want you to think of me any differently if you see me do something that you don't like."

Hearing the other question his mentor, he chuckled as he rolled his eyes. "Ah, yeah. That's just how some angels teleport. I just kind of disappear, but I suppose he wanted a more dramatic effect," Karma says before looking back at down at Xander. "In the bible, there is an arc angel by the name of Michael. Him, along with Gabriel and Lucifer, are the first angels created by God. They are the only three angels who has ever met the Lord himself, and have their own subdivisions of angels that follow them. Of course, Lucifer had his own before he was forced into Hell, but I belong in Michael's army. In fact, I was created by him. So I guess he is technically my biological father. But he is the one that gives me my orders directly. It's actually pretty rare for him to show himself to other angels, let along another human so I guess the two of us are pretty special for seeing him in person."

Xander's last question had definitely caught him off-guard. Although he was not a bird in any shape or form, Xander was right about one thing. His wings were extremely sensitive, so touching them closer to the root in the center of his back did making him feel...uncomfortably pleased. Of course, he was not going to tell Xander that. The last thing he needed was to abuse that power, especially if he was as touchy as he already was. "You can touch them, once. I hope you're not a demon though. That's really fucking hurt," he said with a small chuckle, unknowingly allowing a demon to possibly ruin his wings.

Last edited:
"Oh! That makes sense. Kind of sucks that you had no say in it being three, but not much you can do there I guess." he pouted. At the refusal of help, he rolled his eyes. "Isabella is as much as my little sister as she is yours. I've known her since she was a baby, same as you. If I can help her not go on a murderous rampage, I'm going to, no matter who says. I probably can't do much, but even having a safe space for her to escape to would be better than nothing. The littlest things can matter, whether a good or bad action. I doubt I can help much, I'm not exactly a magical creature who can influence peoples minds, but I can be a supporting friend on the sideline." He said and while true, he was sure he could probably push her easily into doing the exact thing Karma didn't want her to do. But, he actually cared for the little girl, so he was helping. And if that meant helping her while she's stuck in a borderline abusive family, so be fucking it.

"And I don't know what you meant by 'missions'. I'm just going to help the way I know I can, not through Magical means." He said, tilting his head. "I don't see why Angels would be angry if I talked to her and told her 'hey, if you feel like you need to hide, my house is always open to you' and I'm pretty sure I can protect myself from a young girl. by the time she's 12, I'll be 25." He chuckled. He didn't see why this would require 'missions' or somehow be dangerous. Just keeping an eye over her and keeping her on a much more less leathal path would be enough right? Keep her from killing people until she's 18, then basically pick her up and take her out of the house, let her live with him and Karma is he was still around, get her some therepy, and you're good. "She's a normal human girl. support and keeping her on the right track should be easy enough, even if you don't live with her." He said with a light shrug. He wasn't going to mention that he didn't feel scared of any kind of Angel. What were they going to do, kill him? Oh no, he'd just have to find a new human vessel.

"Dramatic effect. Even angels as old as who-knows want to be dramatic. Thats fair, everyone should express their inner Diva." He said before chuckling. He then listened to the, again, literal angel (He was never getting used to that) explain everything from the Bible. While for obvious reasons he was more interested in Lucifer, he vaugly remembered something about the arc angels, but for the life of him he couldn't think of what it was. When Karma explained that Michael was not only technically Karma's father, it was also pretty rare for him to show off to Angels let along humans, he felt himself freeze. He wondered what the Older Angel was thinking, a probably very obvious Demon possession friends and coming out of the house his pure Angel son came out of. He chuckled and acted shy to hide the sheer terror of a possible Angel coming after his ass. He wasn't scared of dying, but an Angel could probably wipe him from existance. He decided to leave that train of thought and focus on the present.

Xander grinned at the allowance, and stopped befor ehe touched the wing. "Well I touched a Feather before, and that one stayed white." He smiled, but he himself didn't feel 100% convinced as he gently touched some of the outter feathers. Gentle, barely even there, before touching a lot more firmly, exploring. No imidiate reaction to the touch of a feather, and while the touch burnt, god did it hurt, he noticed it only hurt him as himself. He could feel his Demonic self wanting to cry at the pain. But the feathers felt so nice, and physically he was fine. "Pretty..." He muttered, touching the wings until the were taken away. he couldn't help but inspect his own hand. "My hand felt weird throughout the whole thing." He said, and it honestly did. Even now it was tinging. "Its a nice feeling though." He chuckled and grinned.

care_less care_less

Xander's insistence on helping on his mission was humbling, to say the least. Although his instincts wanted to keep Xander as far away from danger to keep him safe, Karma knew that it would be more of a hassle to push his friend away rather than to let him help. "Fine," he says with a defeated sigh. As much as he did not like admitting to being wrong, he knew that Xander had a point. Karma was not biologically related to Bella, so his friend had as much right to be involved with the situation as he did. "But I'll give you a small warning," he says as he pushed up his circular glasses. His voice turned cold along with his eyes. His aura turning deadly serious as he turned to look at Xander. Making it very obvious to the demon that he was not making any jokes about what he was saying.

"If we fail, I have to kill her. And if you get in my way, you will find yourself with the same fate."

At an instant, his expression softened into his normal, melancholy self. Allowing his glasses to progressively slide down his nose again as he continued like normal.

When he heard the male question his "mission", Karma smiled a bit. More at himself that he was not clear enough, rather than at Xander for his curiosity. "Well, I have to train before I can be fully prepared to move up to the next rank. I am currently at an Delta rank. So I complete smaller, more achievable ranks to build-up for a 'level up'," he explained briefly. But his smile had quickly disappeared once their conversation had focused back to his bigger mission, and gave him a small shrug. "Humans are unpredictable creatures when driven with emotion. She can become completely unstable and can be armed with lethal weapons. Perhaps even be involved with a demon, and borrow its power to complete the job. It would certainly not be a first," Karma says as his emerald eyes trailed down to the floor. "Just because she is young does not mean I can underestimate her abilities. Anger can drive a person to do deranged things, including doing whatever it takes to get a specific outcome."

Once Xander had moved closer, the boy stretched out his wings to full length. Much like a male peacock would do to attract its female counterpart. However, it was the first time another person had ever touched his wings. So it had twitched at Xander's first touch, as if it were afraid of getting harmed. But Karma had allowed them to move back towards his friend so he could pet the feathers. He could not help but to give a silent chuckle at Xander's commentary, and gave him a quick glance to make sure that Xander's hand had looked alright. "I suppose you are too impure to be touching something so holy," he teased.

Xander grinned, knowing that he was allowed to help, at least in his own way. He blinked at the threat and sighed sadly. He didn't want to fight his friend on that. "If she ends up killing someone, then I understand, but I don't want her hurt before that. you can stop someone from planning a murder seconds before they decide to kill someone. There will always be hope and a way of helping someone." He said. He was determined to help the little girl. the moment he said 'demon' he looked up. that... would actually make a lot of sense. "Have you ever checked her room? For like... I don't know, Demonic entities? is that possible? Or, Is there a way to track demons?" He asked. A Demon, that wasn't him, corrupting people around the girl and corrupt her could very well be what happens. He might do some personal investigations by myself. He wasn't sure what he would find, the only Demon he has ever seen was himself and that was only in the Mirror and in flashes where he would see what he could only assume to be his true self leaking through.

He sighed. He knew that. Humans were horrible to everything and everyone around them, but you had the few good eggs. His parents for example were great eggs even if a bit... scrambled, one could say. But he did belive that humans followed their nurture more than their nature. "I get that, I do. I just... Don't like the idea that she gets so upset and angry that she kills her own parents and decides 'that it, I'll kill other people'. I can understand her parents, holy shit. They're controlling assholes who could probably be done-in for child neglect or even child abuse. But... other people? That doesn't make sense to me. And besides, she's such a sweet girl. She tried to give her her cereal once when I came over because I mentione dthat I haden't eaten and you were still making breakfast." He rambled, smiling by the end.

The pain lessened as he stopped touching the feathers, but couldn't help but wanna touch them more. He chuckled at the 'impure' mention. He wasn't wrong! "Impure... how impure do you have to be to like, not be able to touch your wings? And what make you impure? I assume sinning but like... other than not following basic morals how do you sin?" He asked. He was probably the first demon alive to ask that. He knew how to be a good person, and he tried to be one, even if he was a demon. And he wasn't sure how to 'sin' other then the 'Devils Tango' but even then, he didn't see why it was so bad if two consenting adults were the ones having fun. back to the subject of the wings, he hummed. "They're very pretty though, and soft too. How far can you move them around? and where do they connect on you back?" He asked, questions coming out of his mouth a mile a minute while getting up to look Karma round. Hey, he wasn't sure when Karma was going to let his wings out again, he wanted to know. "Can you pull them back in and out? At will? Or is it a like, a timer?" He asked, gnetly brushing the wing, and he had to bite back a wince.

care_less care_less (Sorry forgot to tag you mate XD)

Last edited:
"I have," Karma said firmly in response to Xander's first question. He had checked her room thoroughly every night while his sister had been asleep. It was a habit he had made ever since his parents had first brought her home. Although he was almost certain that no infant or baby would be interested in any demonic rituals or dark magic, but he had to make sure. After all, Xander was not the only person who was confused on how such a sweet girl could be destined for such evil. "There is a way to check for a demon's trail, however it's almost useless. Most demons hide in human bodies to avoid getting tracked by angels or human hunters. There is not a solid way in tracking them if they are possessing humans, or any other creature at that." That was when the boy had an idea. One that he would not know Xander may or may not be against. "Perhaps instead of attempting to find a demon, I can just keep a demon from getting close to her. If that's the case, I should probably do the same to you. If a demon finds out that you are working with an angel, one might try to possess you to harm me or Bella. We can purify you tomorrow morning, before you head out to work. It should keep you safe."

Once Xander had finished stroking his wings, he answered his last question by folding his wings away. They had flapped backwards until the wings were completely touching each other, before squeezing into his back. Then, just like that, they were gone. Leaving merely two long scars just underneath his shoulder blades, and a rather large hole on the back of his shirt. Which was annoying, considering that was the third shirt he had ruined this month. "You would have to be extremely impure to ruin my wings. As if you have committed every sin in the book, or associate yourself with damnation," Karma says as his once emerald eyes faded to his familiar pale ones. He adjusted his sliding glasses as be finally sat down on the couch comfortable. As he no longer had his abnormally large wings to keep him from doing so. "This is one bloody terrible night, eh?" he says with a small, exhausted laugh. "Here I thought this would be my least stressful night of the week."

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos (part 85 of me taking forever to respond ;-; )

He frowned, knowing that his Angel friend has been checking the entire time. But another thought, what... what if it wasn't Isabella's room? What if it was effecting the whole family? The whole reason why his human parents and brother were such low-lifes? Could be connected right to the Demon and Demon would never have to touch the child. His blood went col. He'd have to check, make sure it was okay. He was fairly sure he could find a Demon if he tried. At the mention of possible human possession, his blood went from cold to Ice. That could also be something. It could be hiding in the mother, Father, or even brother. He was aware that Demons could hide in Humans and not take over, even he could do it but then the human meat-suit would just become unconcious so there was no point. but it did mean that there wasn't any way for himto be tracked, which let him be calm for a bit while he worried for Isabella. He swears to the hevens and the hells that if anyone tries to hurt Bella he wouldn't hesitate to send them straight To hell.

When Karma had an idea, it was always semi-obvious. He would think and then brighten up (Obvious to only him probably), and his eyes would almost sparkle. It was cute, on a normal day but today was anything but. if it wasn't for the words that came out of the Angels mouth explaining his new Idea, he might even relax over the adorable sight. the Idea in question made him stop and his smile froze as he blinked to let the words sink into his hea dand register. Purify him. A Demon. Possessing a Human. "Look, I have the feeling that the Demon is probably already there. And, judging from your familys whole... dynamic, I would assume its corrupting them, not Isabella. I think I'm fine, my optimism and almost sinful good looks would probably be enough to keep any Demon away." He bluffed, bringing up the mask of confidence, the Joke on 'sinful' trying to make it light-hearted. "Wait, I'm curious, would the purifying get rid of Demons already there? Maybe you can use it on yoru parents and brother?" He suggested. Anything to avoid the purification.

He watched as the wings slowly retreated into the back in awe. This was probably why he hated being seen shirtless. without thinking, he touched one of the scars gently. "Looks like it hurts..." He said, worry and concern for his friend. "Also, extreamly annoying or your shirt. Ooh, maybe we can get you one of those Vigin Killer sweaters to wear? they're open back and most of the ones I've seen are that soft fabric. I've been dying for a reason to get one because the look so cool." He said, and then imagined Karma in one with a goofy look. "With your body-type you might even be able to make it work aesthetically." he said. And just great, he now has the mental image of Karma in nothing but that Top running around in his head. At the words, he went cold. Well, technically he hasn't committed any sin, unless you count being solo in the bedroom. And well... he could only assume he came out of hell for a reason that probably wasn't willing, so the likely hood of him being banished from hell was reasonably high. So by that accounts... the wings might be okay? He relaxed as the eyes stopped being all glowey and smiled. "Well, if you say so. Still not sure what quanifies as a 'sin' exactly, but I'll take your word on it." He nodded.

Xander chuckled at the complaint, understanding where the other was coming from whole-heartedly. "It was just one thing after another for you. Well, I'm always open for a hug if you need or want one." He offered, grinning. "you know I'm always down for a cuddle. Though if that does happen, I might just fall asleep." He chuckled. He's been known to be prone to naps when hugging just about anyone, and cuddling would probably put him out for the count. an with how tired he is now? Yeah, no chance he was staying awake for too long. He stretched, his top riding up slightly. C'mon, we have still-warm food upstairs and I left my Game on." He smiled, patting the Angels knee and getting up. "Lets just chill for the rest fo the night, yeah?" He asked, a warm and inviting smile playing on his face. One could was almost look at the scene and it as a Demon Tempting an Angel... when in reality it was just a a young man wanting to chill with his friend.

care_less care_less (I took your two paragraphs and made 4, I hope you don't mind :) )

The thought of a demon possibly possessing a person in his human family had only just came across Karma's mind almost exactly when it had done Xander's. It was almost the two been sharing the same thoughts without knowing it. He had not even bothered to check if any of the other humans living within that household, or even a family friend, could be possessed by a demonic figure. It would not surprise him, especially if it was Eric. He had doubted that he could have been either of his parental figures, seeing that they would have never adopted him in the first place if either of them would have known what he was. But seeing how natural it was for him and Eric to not only to have a consistent tension, but a mutual hate between each other was strange to say the least. Although he wanted to test that idea, he did not speak on his thought aloud to Xander. Bringing up what he truly was, and speaking on the existence of supernatural creatures was enough information to take in on its own. The last thing he needed was to overwhelm Xander, and to make him stress over details that a mortal such as himself could control.

'I'll tell him when the time is right,' Karma told himself quietly. 'Now isn't the time to make him worry more than he already is.'

Although on most occasions Karma was clueless to social ques, the young angel could tell that what he had said troubled the demon quite a bit. Xander was a very easy-going person. Karma had always thought of his movements almost like a river. Despite his energetic attitude, the mobility of his body when he spoke or walked was flowy. Similar to how water might flow down a stream or river. But now his posture and muscles are tensed. His flowing water motions stopped like a dam suddenly drying up the once rushing river. It would not be noticeable to most, but Xander's movement was something Karma had found unique to him, so it was easy for him to spot it. "You're not afraid of me, are you?" he asked in a deep, serious voice. He had assumed that he had pushed Xander too far at the suggestion of purifying him by mistaking the process of harming him. Karma knew that he might have been moving too fast, and gave a light chuckle. More towards himself, then at Xander.

"I'm sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself," he apologized as his green eyes fell onto the floor. "Don't think too much of it. I'll just keep a watchful eye of you. Shouldn't be too hard, as long as I don't catch you worshipping Satan in your basement," Karma says with a small grin. He needed to be more trusting of his best friends. After all, he was the one caught lying to the other after so many years of knowing him. The least he could do was to cut Xander a bit of slack.

The feeling of Xander's finger's touching his scars was definitely a sensitive spot. It was a part of him that he was not quite used to being touched, and instantly turned himself around as soon as Xander's fingers touched his skin. If Xander had done it any longer, Karma might have accidentally grabbed his wrist with enough force to break his bones like wooden sticks. It was a habit of his. One that he knew he needed to break. "It hurt like Hell the first few months or so," Karma admitted as he felt the cold wind begin to hit his bare skin. Forcing a shiver down his pale skin, with the hairs on his arms now standing up. "It feels like someone is pulling the shoulder blades out of your skin and stretching them out. I've grown used to it over time." Another small smile crept across his lips at his friend's clothing suggestion. As much as he would hate to admit it, having such a sweater was a brilliant idea. So brilliant that he was surprised he had not thought of it before. "I'll look into it," Karma promised Xander, but gave him an eye roll at the other's comments about how the piece of clothing would look on him. Karma was tall and a bit slender, but that had not meant that he was not fit in any way. He had found maintaining an athletic body a very important trait of himself to keep up, which in return made the muscle tone in his legs, upper arms, chest and abdomen rather impressive, and admittedly nice to look at. "I am sure you're fine Xander," Karma responded to the demon's last comment. "Unless you have committed mass murder or steal money from orphanages or anything on that level, I'm sure it is nothing to worry about."

Hearing the other's suggestion of retiring back up into Xander's bedroom, Karma gave the other a gentle nod as he stood himself up. Although he technically did not need food to survive, the thought of eating some warm pizza was definitely on the male's mind. "That sounds great," Karma says as he followed his friend upstairs. Once they had returned to the bedroom, Karma walked over to one of his many suitcases to slip on a new, grey shirt and slipped it on. "What's the time?" he asked Xander as he plopped himself back onto the edge of his bed. Picking up his slice from earlier to take a moderately large bite out of the sliding cheese, room-temperature sauce and almost soggy crust.

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos (sorry for taking ages, but hope the length makes up for it)

Xander was trying to keep his mind in check, with the 101 questions and theories running around in his head, he almost missed Karmas Question. He blinked at the Angel, before tilting his head slightly to the side in utter bafflement. "What? Afraid? Of you?" He asked, then looking genuinely amused, repressing a chuckle. "Karma, unless you're planning Harm, I have no reason be scared of you. And you wont hurt me, or at least not with ill intentions. I know you. Angel, Human, it doesn't matter to me. I know You, specifically, as Karma, and I know you wouldn't hurt me to hurt me." He claimed. He had confidence in his friend. He was, however, scared of revealing that he was a Demon. He didn't want Karma to take it the wrong way, becuase then he would be scared of his best friend.

Unless he could, however, show that he wasn't the one causing the hurt in his friends family, maybe prove he wasn't bad, then Karma might not kill him. he chuckled at the joke and he shook his head. "Karma, Karma, Karma. Why would I be worshiping a demonic figure I've never seen or met before, when I can simply worship the gorgeous Angel in front of me~?" He flirted, tilting his head, almost seductivly as he turned the flirtatious tone in his voice to Max. Always effective on girls, effective on interested guys, never had an effect on Karma. Which makes sense considering the guy was an Angel. He waited for a second before laughing. it wasn't out of the norm for him to playfully flirt with his friend, so I liked to make a joke out of it. He hoped it difused some of the tension still in the air. "I'm Joking, I'm joking" He said quickly through his laughs. He was able to stop chuckling a bit before saying "Unless?" before cakling a bit more.

He was aware his friend wasn't interested in that sort of thing, and he respected that. He also knew that his friend would also never like him like that, so he stuck to playfully flirting, unserious and joking.

He frowned at Karmas reaction to him touching the scars, the frown deepening into worry when he was made aware on how much it hurt. He hummed, thinking about any possible way to help. "There might be a cream that can help with scarring? I'm not sure what its called, but it can help with scarrign and sensitivity of said scars. It might not be too effective if you're bamf-ing out your wings every so often, but Its an Idea?" He suggested. He'd have to actually look it up, the things you cna find on the internet was wild. He didn't like the thought of his friend being in pain over his wings. The young demon did perk up when Karma said he'd think about the Virgin Killer Sweater, and grinned excitedly. "If you're going to get one, make sure I'm with you so we can get a colour that actually goes well with you. I feel like Light blue would work, or a nice grey." He thought aloud. He knew that if he was going to get one it'd be a Dark red. Dark Red just worked with him, it was his colour. He did start to salvate at the thought of Seeing Karma in a Virgin killer sweater, but he swallowed the saliva and managed to not be too creepy about it. He hoped he wasn't being creepy at least.

He chuckled to the 'nothing to worry about', almost awkwardly. He hoped that was the case. "Alright then." he said, worry still in his gut, still not sure how 'Sinning' actually works, but it seems Angels have a pretty low standard. Or it can be a similar case where Karma doesn't know and is just avoiding the question, which would be hilarious. 'Both the Angel and Demon doesn't know how to or how to NOT Sin' is a bizzare-sounding situation.

Xander grinned at the acceptance to retire to his room, and walked ahead a bit, situating himself on the bed after saving his game and turning the console off, before using his TV to go to youtube and putting on a soundtrack. It was a whole playlist full of word-less music, soft instrumentals, and the like. Karma wasn't a fan of his normal music taste, and he didn't want to make the other uncomfortable right now, so softer music it was. It filled the silence when he couldn't, because sometimes there was nothing to talk about. And that was fine, but silence was uncomfortable for him no matter the company, At the question, he looked at the silent clock in his room. It wasn't audible in the ticking, but it still worked, and winced. "Just past 9. Fuck man. Well, Its a day off tomorrow at least, so we can sleep in." He grinned, knowing full well that it woud only be him who's sleeping in and refusing to leave the warmth of the bed.

He also took a slice of pizza and ate it as he debated to warm it up. Warm food means moving back downstairs with food, waiting for it to heat up and coming back upstairs. Or he could eat the room-temperature Pizza with his friend. He looked over to Karma who was chewing his own slice and gestured to the plate. "Want me to Blast this in the Microwave?" He asked, wondering if his friend would like it hotter.

care_less care_less (Even after it deleted itself, I re-made it in record time. Hehehe, I even beat my procrastination demon :P)

Xander was correct, Karma would never try to hurt him...to an extent. If Xander's body was being possessed by a demon (which he had highly doubted), then the male would do anything he could to kill the demon within him without harming the host. However, slaying the demon and not the host was extremely difficult, and had only been successful on a very rare occasion. And when they human host did manage to escape alive, their mental state was usually not intact. Karma would never want Xander to suffer if that had ever came to be, so his best option would be to kill him to lessen his pain. It was not a fun option, but he would much rather Xander to live peacefully in Heaven without a painful death, than force him to continue living a long, torturous one. Karma blinked as he tried to move his mind away from the unlikely, imaginative, and rather unpleasant situation playing in the back of his head. He knew that it was indeed a shaky bridge would probably be one that the two would never need to cross. But Karma was a natural over-thinker. His mind could not help but to keep such a hellish thought replaying in his head.

Karma was glad to hear that his friend was still not afraid of him, yet that did not keep him from being suspicious. Xander was definitely afraid of something, or at the very least anxious about it. He had knew his friend much too well to not notice that something was off. But Karma did not push it. If it was something serious, he would much rather Xander come to him when the time was ready to talk about it, instead of forcing it out of him.

He shook his head at the other's flirtatious behavior as he grabbed the bridge of his nose. Rubbing his now closed eyelids from a mixture of exhaustion and leftover stress (both of which were not caused by Xander) as he lightly shrug his shoulders. "Humans pray to things that they don't necessarily see all of the time. It would be no different for a Satanist." Although they had never had the discussion, Karma had never minded the flirting. He did often pretend to seem uninterested in Xander's tactics (even if they were playful), but he had felt as if it was required in order to keep up his "cold and unemotional" front. In reality, the thought of sharing a blanket during a cold night, or kissing the other in the pouring rain, had came up a number of times in the angel's head. Typically late at night, when Karma had laid down in his bed to think over his entire existence. Still, Karma paid no attention it. Or at least, he tried not to. If he would have Xander make too much physical contact with him, or teased him about his looks, he would begin to feel a strange fluttering in his stomach and a tingling sensation in his hands and feet. Of course, Karma was so disconnected with his feelings that he had not even notice that he was attracted to the other. Besides, how weird is it to like your best friend?

The angel gave out a small chuckle at Xander's concern over his scars. All angels had them, so he had never gave it any thought that the wings, as beautiful as they were, caused him pain. It was nice to know that someone had worried about his well-being, but Karma did not want to stress the other out. Especially if it was not something he could truly fix. "Thank you, Xander," he says as he gave him a soft smile. "But it's fine, really. I'm completely used to it. Don't overthink it." There was a bit of irony hidden behind his words, for overthinking seemed to be Karma's specialty. "We can go out tomorrow after breakfast to buy one," Karma suggested in response to the demon's ideas of what color what suit him best on the sweater. "I need a new pair of pants, anyways. I'm off tomorrow as well, so there shouldn't be any rush."

Back in Xander's bedroom, Karma continued to eat the cool pizza. "It's fine. I'm about to doze off here after this slice, anyways." He had honestly not minded it's temperature, for his main priority was to hurry up with his food so he could go to sleep. On most nights, Karma had went to bed around midnight, or perhaps an hour or two afterwards from unfinished homework assignments or re-reading lessons from his classes. But tonight, the male was much more exhausted. He had used his emotions much more than what he was used to, which really took a toll on his energy levels. So when he heard Xander say that it was barely past nine o'clock, Karma was equally as surprised. "Really? It's only nine?" he asked before giving out a long sigh. "Maybe falling asleep now might do us some good"

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos (sorry this is a bit shorter. i got tired :p)

Xander, still somewhat tense knowing Karma was still curious, did relax when Karma never pushed for more information, and for that, he was thankful. It sucked that Karma could still see though him and still see his anxiety even if he did hide it well, but as long as Karma never knew what he was anxious of, it would be fine. He'd ask a hypothetical 'What if I was a Demon who possessed a childs body who didn't have a soul' question that he'd say was totally hypothetical, some other time. Tonight was enough already, and he'd rather just chill out with his friend.

He chuckled at Karma's responce, who as predicted ignored all the flirting. "Thats fair, but If I were to worship something, or perhaps, someone. I'd much rather worship what I can see in front of me. That way I know they're real." He said, both some logic and a flity wink with a similar flirty grin. feeling somewhat bold, he took Karma'd hand and kissed the back of it. "For example, I'd much rather worship you than an almight powerful being I've never seen~" He said, his voice dipping low, his eyes gleaming in the low lights, which almost made them glow faintly. He pulled away with a cheeky grin. "Can't belive none of my pickup lines work on you, unfair." He pouted, but the pout didn't last long, quickly morphing into an amused smile, the glint in his eyes replaced with mirth and endearment. "Works for others, I had a guy crushing on me for a week because I winked at him once. We're good friends now, I became his wing-man and got him a date with someone else, but like, A Wink. and I pull out all the stop on you, and you barely bat an eye!" He said, almost offended, but was too amused to be.

He frowned when the Angel waved his concerns. "You shouldn't have to be used to pain though..." he said gently, a mix of sadness and concern on his face, his eyes expressing the most of the mixed emotions he was feeling. He sighed. "But alright." He said, smiling, accepting that his friend knew best. Karma was smart, he wasn't stupid, he knew what was best. and the guy was an Angel. It woudln't stop him worrying, but he wouldn't pressure the other. He took the change of conversation by the horns and changes his whole demeanor to go with it, the worry and concern leaving him to focus on a happier subject, to snigger at the thought of buying the Virgin Killer sweaters in a normal shop.

"Karma, Honey, Uh, not to burst your bubble but I don't think you can find those sweaters in normal shops. I mean, you can, but it'd be in the Not-Safe-For-Work section." He said bluntly, finding it kind of funny. "The Virgin killer Sweater is kind of... well, I guess its a form of lingerie? Theres a reason for the name 'Virgin killer' you know." He laughed, amused. "Because of the amount of skin that it shows, Its generally considered somethign thats basically meant to be seductive." He tried to explain. "I honestly just really like the look of them, they eccentuate what you have and its nice to look at yourself and know that you look damn fine." He said, grinned and excited. "We can, however, shop online so its not going to be a bit weird for two guys to walk into a females lingerie store." He said, almost sheepishly. "we can still go shopping though, We might need to get you more shirts. Oooh! With how close its getting to winder, we can get matching scarfs!" He said, as though that was more important. And well, matching scarfs would be cute.

He nodded to not heating up the food, letting out a small chuckle at the mention of him dozing off. Today was stressful and emotionally taxing, so Xander wasn't surprised. He shoved the rest of the pizza into his mouth, having no trouble getting it down like any normal human. He picked up the rest of the pizza that they were unable to eat and put the rest in the box in came in, shutting the lid and putting it to the side. "We can hat it up tomorrow or eat it cold, either way, a snack." He grinned. At the suggestion of sleep he smiled. "Wanna snuggle?" He asked, jokingly, grabbing his pajamas. he wasn't scared of showing off his body, so he casually stripped and changed in the same room as Karma, turning away for decency's sake, but once he was dressed, he hoppe dback ont the bed without hesitation, easily scrabling in under the covers.

His covers were almost childish, in a way. A Nice deep red fabric, which was normal, but the feel of the covers were plush and light, almost like a childs cover. The mattress cover underneath was a dark blue, which contracted both well and weirdly with the dark red covers. flopping onto his front, his face sunk into his pillows, being plush and pliable. He did have a firm pillow, in cases when he didn't like the feel of the plush pillow or just wanted to change. "Oh yeah, which one you want? I can sleep on both, so up to you." He said, vaugely sure that Xander was fonder for the firmer pillows, but he could be wrong. He yawned, and welp, there was his need for sleep cropping up to say hello.

care_less care_less (Your good, don't worry! Take your tume dude! :D)

Xander's questioning of the effects of his flirting did make Karma give out a snort. Though not quite enough to chuckle or laugh, but something was definitely better than nothing. Especially when it came to Karma, who was commonly known to show the amount of emotion a rock would give. "If any of your cheesy pick-up lines did work on me, you would never know," he said simply, as if the answer was already obvious (even though there was no way Xander would have known). "I have never stuttered, blush, or shown any emotion related to nervousness or embarrassment for a good nine years. Either I'm good at hiding it, or you're not doing a good job 'swooning' me." It was a bit ironic coming from Karma, who had secretly replayed the demon's words on repeat in his mind late at night, and often wished of blankly admitting that the other's tactics were indeed working. But once again, Karma could not do that. It was not because of the simple fact that such feelings could potentially ruin their friendship, or that it would risk him to get in trouble by the other angels. It was more so that he literally did not know how to begin to process such emotions. Because he was so out-of-tune with his spirit, understanding his feelings was a difficult task that Karma could not understand until it was too bearing to keep in. His miniature breakdown from his family's rejection was an example of that.

For that very reason, it was easy to push away, or simply ignore any emotion that Xander had showed to him. So when his friend continued to show concern, he simply began to ignore Xander. Not because he was intentionally being rude, or did not care for the other, but plainly because he did not know any other way to react. His brain was wired in a very machine-like manner. He could answer any intellectual or practical question. But when it came to human emotion, his mind would completely shut down.

So, when Xander began to explain what a Virgin Killer sweater really was and laughed, Karma felt his brain begin to shut down from embarrassment. Which was again, ironic, considering that he had just told Xander that it was a rarity for him to get flustered. Karma's knowledge to such things were extremely limited, and assumed that the sweater was a normal piece of clothing. He gave Xander a blank, confused stare. Then opened his phone to search up what the sweater actually looked up. Karma was lucky that he did not blush easily. Because the instant he pulled out the images, it could easily make a person flustered at the thought of wearing such a thing. "Ah," he said slowly, before clicking his phone back off and sighed. "My mind has suddenly changed," Karma says flatly. "I'd rather my shirts being ripped in half than to wear that." Although it was a cold response, Karma did not know how to put it in a different way. Karma was very conservative when it came to clothing. Even during the summer, Karma would prefer long jeans and a sleeved shirt than being comfortable in shorts or a tank top. Showing off his body or skin was not something he was ever used to growing up in a strict, Christian household. There were even angels who would not think it necessary to cover-up to the extent that Karma was used to. So the thought of himself wearing something a bit more revealing (even if he did look good in it) frightened him a bit.

Karma had laid back onto the bed for a few seconds. Giving out another long sigh as he felt every muscle in his body finally relax for the first time since he had left his bed. It felt good, no doubt. But Karma still needed to change into some comfortable pajamas. Though the thought of sleeping in his day clothes passed his mind, he forced himself to stand back up so he could change. He had began to strip down at the same time as Xander, and did not once think of doing so as strange or awkward. Xander was his best friend. They had multiple opportunities to see each other half naked, or almost completely bare. So this time did not change anything. It was completely normal to them. Karma did not stare at the other too long at Xander, and he had assumed that Xander did the same. Though when Xander had asked about the cuddling, Karma slowly turned his head and, very melancholy, glared at him. Joking or not, he wasn't taking any chances. After giving a clear, yet silent 'No', Karma finished getting himself dressed as well and went under the covers of the bed as well.

Karma had his body turned in the opposite direction of Xander. With his head at the end of the bed, and his feet near the top, he begun to make himself comfortable as he gave out a long yawn. "The firm one's fine," he responded in mid-yawn before grabbing the pillow. Placing it underneath his head, he turned his body facing towards Xander. However he could not see the other's face, since he was laying at the other side. "Thank you for this, Xander. I don't recall me saying this before, but I appreciate you letting me stay here. I'm sorry that you saw me as emotional as I was before, but I'll try to control myself better so you don't need to worry again," he says softly as he removed his glasses. Placing them on the floor besides the bed. His voice grew soft, with a bit of shame lacing through his words. "I won't let it happen again."

"They're not that cheesy!" Xander claimed, as though offended. "That 'worshipping you over another power' line is a lot more cliche than cheesy." He said, huffing. You can argue that any and all Pickup lines are cheesy, but that just defeats the purpose of claling them cheesy. He hummed, at the claim to never 'stutter, blush or be embarrased or nervous', eyeing his friend not beliving him. "You might not SHOW the emotion, that doesn't mean you don't actually feel it." He argued. He knew his friend struggled to process emotions and was just good at hiding them, which wasn't good for him. it was why he became good at reading people in the first place, most specifically reading Karma. Pinpointing changes in emotions and adapting to it. "And continuing onto that thought, show your emotions a lot more, while you live here. Or even just ask me how and what emotion is what. You know I'm not going to make fun of you over it." He said, seriousness in his voice. Karma might be an Angel, and he might be a Demon, but Karma was still his childhood best friend, and that meant everything to him. He just hoped Karma knew that he wouldn't actually make fun of him for it. Besides, if he can help Karma figure out how emotions work, and activly help out on a daily basis without having to worry about family, the guy might have an easier time dealing with them.

He wondered if the claim to never showing emotion was a challange. Because if allowed to pull out all the stops he would, without a shred of hesiatation, go for it. He had a lot more confidence using touch and gestures rather than using words, finding that speaking through the body is a lot more easier than actually thinking and using words. But he didn't want to ruin any kind of friendship he already has with Karma, and wasn't about to disrespect his friend in any way shape or form.

Xander watched in amusement as he watched Karma have an internal freak out over the knowledge that he provided. When his friend looked up the sweater, he didn't react embarrassed, if anything, interested. He wasn't surprised at the refusal and he rolled his eyes. "Oh my good god Karma, its not that bad. Its only really sexual when a girl wears it because of her tits, and you don't have those. besides, it'd just be me and you in the house." He said. He was already planning on getting one anyway. "Besides, they look cozy. I don't know why, knitted clothes always look nice to wear." He hummed in interest. "Besides, you'd look good in it, and I'll even do it with you. I don't have wings or anything like you do, but I've been wanting a chance to buy one for a while now." He said, an amused grin hiding the lie. He did have wings... but they were more shadows more than anything. He hasn't been able to physically manifest them out, no matter how hard he tried. It was the same with his horns, Graceful and curved horns framing his face when he tried to manifest them, but nothing was there phsyically, only shadowed outlines of them. Back to the point, even if Karma wasn't planning on getting anything, he was going to get his own. If only because now he really wanted one and he wanted the chance to shock Karma.

When Karma was Xander snuck subtle glances when he was sure Karma wasn't going to notice. He kept it casual, as it always was. it wasn't like he hasn't SEEN Karma naked, but it was stil a nice view to see. There was no surprise at the silent 'fuck off' Karma gave him, only chuckling at the silent responce. Then, Karma started speaking and Xander felt raw emotion in his chest. He sat up, pulling the covers off of the pair of them and Dragging Karma up so they were eye level. In the dark the two pairs of green eyes looked at eachother, Xanders serious and almost angry. "Never. And I mean, Never, ever apologise for having emotions. Having emotions is not weak, and showing them shows that you're strong." He said, bring a hand to karmas shoulder, a firm but not fight grip, comforting in a way. "Its okay to be emotional, no matter what anyone else says. You can show your emotions, you can get angry, get upset, be yourself, because you are Not a break-fucking wall. For the love of everything good in the world, get that though your skull already." He pleaded.

"And you know what?" He asked, continuing on. "Do it. Let it happen again. Don't be afraid to show your emotions, not in front of me of all people." He pleaded, eyes boring into Karma's. His eyes were always very expressive, and knew that Karma could easily tell him intent and emotion that he was feeling just by eye contact alone, and hope to every diety he knew of that Karma knew he was beign serious and worried for him. "Is rather you be an emotional mess of a being that can take a few emotional hits rather than a brick wall that becomes more and more fragile over time until the smallest touch can send you shattering." he added, his voice sincere.

care_less care_less

Karma kept a soft smile plastered on his face as he listened to Xander speak. He had heard this speech before. In fact, this was probably the third time this month that Xander had to remind him that emotions were normal to have, and that it was okay to display them when needed. Although Karma had appreciated the other's interest in helping him, the angel was also very stubborn and hard-headed. It was not intentional, but a taught habit forced upon him by his toxic parents and peer angels. He did not even notice that he had stopped listening to Xander until he had finished his spiel, and could barely recall on what he had just said. But once he had finished, he kept on his smile as he placed his hand on top of Xander's head. Ruffling the demon's soft, dark ginger hair that could easily be mistaken for brown in the now dark bedroom, then laid himself back down. "Good night, Xander," he muttered out. His pale eyes staring up at the ceiling for only a few more minutes, before eventually drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday mornings were often spent in bed, especially for the majority of people in their small section of the boys' neighborhood. But staying in bed past seven o'clock made Karma restless. It was bad as it was that staying asleep was becoming more difficult by each passing night. He knew that angels his age no longer needed sleep, and would begin phasing away from falling asleep at all. But that did not make it any less frustrating. He liked having his mind drift away and to allow his body to completely relax. He could not imagine how stressful it would soon become once he would stay up for all hours of the day. So he tried not to think about it too much as he slid himself out of bed.

Karma knew that Xander had never gotten up this early in the morning unless he had been getting ready for work, so he tried his best to stay silent as he changed his pajama wear into a black running shorts, and another grey t-shirt (for grey was Karma's favorite color) before pushing on his circular glasses. He began to walk out of the bedroom and down the stairs into the kitchen to get himself a glass of water. He was ready to go out for his morning run when he noticed one of his wing feathers had fallen on the floor. The angel sighed at himself for being so messy, and went to pick it up from the white tile. That's when he stopped. Karma removed his glasses and squinted at the feather, then back at the floor. The one thing that he had admired about his wings was how pure of a color they were. All angel wings were pure white, and were not a shade darker. Angels were a symbol of purity, so it would be a bit odd if they had any features saying otherwise. However, this feather was not pure white. At first. Karma had thought his eyes were playing a trick on him, or maybe he was still too sleepy and was just seeing things. But, his senses were still on top of his game. He could recall every event that had occurred the day before, including his exam and his first visit to Xander's bakery. The feather was a slight shade of grey, so slight that he was surprise he had noticed it.

Karma felt his heart stop for a moment. The only way his feathers can darken if they get in contact with someone or something impure. Most commonly from a demon. The only person who he could recall touching his wings was...
"No," he told himself out of disbelief. "No that can't be right."
He ran to the guest bathroom and pulled his shirt back off. With his irises burning back into a bright emerald green, his wings ripped out of the center of his back. They had taken up the entire bathroom space, but they were just small enough to allow him to (very cautiously) turn around to look at the spot Xander had touched the night before. His eyes widened.

"Oh God, why?"

It was so obvious now that his darkened feathers were sitting besides the rest of his pure white ones. It was like someone had stained the feathers with grey ink. He was on the urge of freaking out. His best friend. The only person he could trust. The same person he had grown up with all these years, was being possessed by the very thing he was ordered to kill onsite. Karma took in a deep breath to calm himself down. 'Get a hold of yourself,' he thought to himself as he walked out of the bathroom, and slowly up the stairs. 'He is only being possessed by one. Just integrate the demon, exercise it, and save Xander. You have the upper hand. It's that easy.' Karma slipped quietly back into the bedroom. Although his brain had told him that Xander was being possessed, he had to make sure. This was Xander, the same boy who gave out hugs instead of saying hello, and was hesitant to kill a ladybug when they were children. If he was going to cause him any harm, he needed to make sure. Karma carefully opened one of his bags to grab a bottle of holy water. It was something all angels needed to have handy, especially if they were trying to get information from a demon. To avoid suspicion, Karma held his in a metal flask, which he had usually said held regular drinking water. He popped off the metal top and splashed a few droplets of holy water on Xander's forehead. Already trying to think of an excuse he would make if this was a false call, and if Xander would wake up confused.

Xander looked at Karma worried, knowing that what he just said went through in one ear and out the other. Why couldn't he do that insults? To information that was a detriment to his health? He sighed, wishing there was some way he could help his friend. "Night you stubborn Angel." He muttered, laying back and patting the Angels leg, curling up to the side. He didn't fall asleep for a while. In fact, he didn't even sleep until late into the night. One he was sure that the Angel was asleep, moving around significantly and even getting up and walking around the room, the angel didn't move. Good. Inhaling to steady his nerves, he left the house, easily making his way into Karma's next door.

It was quiet throughout the house, and he looked around. "Show yourself you cretin." He said, almost angrily. he felt a presence behind him and he moved out of the way just in time. Karma's brother, Eric. Manic grin, Black eyes, and holding a knife that almost hit him. "This is prey. Go away." A voice that wasn't Erics said and he growled. "Oh you think I'm here for the family? I'm here for you asshole. You're fucking with my friends family, and my friend is someone I happen to give a shit about. So Fuck off. I'm not sure how to get rid of Demons, but I can sure as hell fucking try." He said, growling. Shadow manifestations of his Demonic apengages formed almost physically. The Horns did manifest fully, curling around the sides of his head, almost elegantly. His wings.. not so much. There in shadow form. His eyes glowed green in the darkness, the whites of his eyes also fading to black.

The Demon stepped back, in shock or fear who knew, but it made him smile. Which probably looked a lot more sinister. There was a creak above them, and Xander knew that someone was up and he'd have to leave. He reverted back to normal and patted Possessed Eric on the shoulder. "Lucky night. Next time, I wouldn't bet on it." He said darkly, before leaving the house. He waited outside to liten in on the conversation, and 'Eric' simply said that he wanted a glass of water and wanted some fresh air. Xander smiled in relief. He scared the Demon, not away and never to return, but enough to not make him want to put the family on guard of him. Satisfied witht he small scouting, he nodded and walked off, not realising that the Demon had actually recognised who he was as a Demon.

He snuck back into his own house, and made a quick trip to the bathroom. He didn't bother turning on the light as he took his top off and let his wings properly manifest. they looked... rather alike his friends wings. Just Darker. and more streamlined. He ran a hand through the fethers and hummed gently at the feeling. Perhaps that was just a demon thing. He looked at himself in the mirror. His dark green eyes gloweing in a sea of ink-black eyes, dark-red hair almost black in the dark of the bathroom. The Horns, Ram-like he supposed, black and red-tipped. This was new to him, having physical manifestations. The wings, taking a better look, were a lot more thinner, almost skeletal or bat-like. but with feathers. he flicked the lights on, and like that, they vanished. He had to actually blink to adjust the light, and everythign that was Demon about him has disapeared. Pity, he liked his Demonic looks. he turned the light back off, shadows of his demonic adornments appearing but not manifesting, and he shrugged it off, and heading back to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was morning, he knew that much when the Sun arose around 6:30 and waking him up. But after last night, and with it being a morning where he didn't have to get up, he was determined to stay in bed for as long as his body would let him. He knew that Karma was up, and was walking around, but grew confused when the other ran to the bathroom. He allowed himself to spread out, keeping his ears open in case Karma had decided to do something stupid. he was only confused more when he heard the Angel walk closer. He heard a slight 'pop' and then the burning sensation on his forhead was something he reacted to. He pulled himself under the covers, turning over and rubbing his head. That fucking hurt! Did the Angel use Holy water on him or something?!

"What the hell you twat-nugget? let me sleep!" he grouched, moving so that he was properly bundled in the sheets. Tt was a lot like the wings, burning on contact but you were fine otherwise. He slowly but surely rise up so he was sitting on the bed, blanket still around him, and he was ready to just flop back down on the bed and instantly curl back into the sheets. "I'm up, what is it?" He asked, before a yawn interrupted him. Fuck he was tired.

care_less care_less

The sound the the holy water boiling at the other's skin made his whole aura change. His mind switched like a machine. From calm to violent, his attitude towards the demon changed dramatically as his body acted out. His hands were around Xander's throat, pinning his body against the mattress tightly. He could no longer see Xander as his friend. At this point, his mind did not even register Xander as Xander. All he saw was a demon, here to threaten the morality of his human sister, who he swore to protect. Karma's expression was something he had never wore in front of Xander. Although most of his resting faces were emotionless or cold, this one was different. He looked down at him with disgust and hatred. His emerald eyes could stab daggers through Xander. He wanted nothing more than to have him dead or hung on a string.

Once he knew that his grip was tight enough for the demon to not escape, he brought his left hand out. A blur of white light engulf his hand entirely for a few seconds, before disappearing as quick as it appeared. In his grip was now a shiny, iron blade. It was not large on any account, but definitely enough to be seen as a threat. Karma pressed the blade against Xander's throat. The sharpness of the blade threatening to cut into the other's throat. Karma looked more than willing to use it, but inside he was hesitant. This was still Xander's body, demon or not. He wanted to avoid causing any harm to his friend, yet he wanted to seem serious enough that the demon inside of him would be frightened by him.

"Give me one reason," Karma started out in a monotone voice. His white hair looming over Xander's face, and lightly tickling the demon's forehead. "Why I shouldn't either kill, or exercise you."

Xander didn't even hear the holy-water bubble, so he was barely able to keep up with Karma as he moved, and when he found himself on the mattress pinned by the throat, he felt his heart drop to his stomach. He's been found out. FUCK. The blade pressed against his throat and he wanted to cry. How the hell did he explain this!? He looked at Karma who leaned over him, getting distracted by the guys long hair momentarily. Oh yeah, he should cut that. He looked back up the an expression he's never seen before, to a body language and expressions that wasjust full of hatred and disgust. He would much rather have Karma angry at him, and he always hated Angry-looking Karma.

"Cause I'm Xander. I'm still the dumbass you've known since childhood. I've been a demon ever since I can remember, I've been in this body since It was 6. The Demon you're currently threataning is Xander, aka, me. And, just to let you know, I have no memories or recollection of ever being in hell, my last memory was trying to find a body to inhabit before I died. All I know is that I'm a demon, but I was brought up like any normal human child." He rambled on. "I'm not sure if Demons can get memories from people they possess, but ask me any question and I can try to answer it." He said, finally looking up and basically relaxing under the Angels grip. If he was going to die, at least it would be his best friend doing it. "Kind of sucks that I can't say goodbye to my mum and dad." he said, looking away, feeling tears well up, but he blicked hard to force them back.

"Oh yeah." He said, voice betraying his emotions and cracking slightly. "Uh, last night, went over to yours. I wanted to take down the Demon that I thought might have been effecting your family, rather than your sister. Well, I found the fucker, he's possessing Eric. If you're going to kill me, at least know that if you're going to kill one Demon, you may as well kill both of them and save your sister. For the love of god and everything good on this forsaken rock humans call a planet, I swart if you kill and excorsise me, but not that demon I will find a way back to drop kick you out of your own stupidity." He warned. throughout the entire time he was being pinned to the mattress, he didn't struggle once.

His brain, however, decided to speak up and do something stupid. "You know, I don't have an interest in being suffocated, but I'm not against being pinned down by you." He said, before chuckling. He's woken up, so now his brain can work properly. Meaning act normal, which is literally putting on a confidant front until it fits.

care_less care_less

Karma stared down at him in silence. This would have been so much easier if Xander had only just possessed the human's body, or if he had not been friends with him at all. Maybe then he would have the guts to kill him off without needing to care. He did not want to believe that his best friend (and possible love interest) was a demon. The both of them could be in danger if another angel or demon were to find out, and snitch on them. It was against the law in both Heaven and Hell to share any relationship with the enemy. If they were found out, either one of them could get kidnapped and tormented by the other side for information, or killed off. Oh how he wished he did not believe Xander's words. But, he did. Karma believed him entirely. There was no way someone could fake such emotion and detail, even if he was a demon. He was still his best friend. He could not bear the weight of his murder on his hands.

Karma's once hateful glare eased up. He could feel his anxiety build up into his chest, with his heart pounding against his chest. "Damn it, Xander," he snapped as he dropped his blade onto the floor. The sound of the metal dagger clashing onto the floor echoed loudly throughout the bedroom. He crawled off of the demon and stood himself up. With his hands on his head, he paced the room. He was hoping it could better his trepidation, but it only made his mind think of more possibilities of how wrong this could all go. "What the hell are we going to do? Michael has already seen me with you, and there's no doubt he knew before me from how silent he's been. And if you had spoken with Eric, the demon inside of him knows that you are with me. FUCK!" Karma had been so caught up in his head that he did not notice that his wings had been knocking over bottles and figurines off of Xander's dressers and shelves. Hearing them clash on the floor with his blade, which had seemingly disappeared into thin air.

The angel stopped himself for a moment. He forced his wings back into his skin, which hurt more this go around with how quick he was attempting to go. He needed to calm down and think. He was supposed to be logical, and being overly emotional was not helping his cause. He took a deep breath and grabbed the bridge of his nose. Massaging the skin as he did so. "I won't kill you, okay? I just reacted on instinct. I'm sorry for attacking you," he said as he brought his normal green eyes back to look over Xander. He was making sure that he did not leave any markings or bruises from how rough he was being. Even after Xander's last comment about 'not being against being pinned down'. It did not make him feel any better. He did not like being violent towards Xander in any sort of way. So if he did hurt him, he would feel completely terrible and try to heal him to the best of his ability.

"The demon that is possessing Eric," he started out as he moved back towards the edge of the bed. Now sitting down to calm their already tense atmosphere that seemed to be suffocating them. "I'm assuming he knows what you really are, right? Does he know what I am as well? If so, we should probably start packing up a bag of clothes and leave this area. He can use that against us and send other demons to capture us, depending on how big you were before you became Xander."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back