• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Holy or Unholy, either way they're idiots

It was hard for Karma to be upset in a hug. Though he felt awkward in Xander's hold, there was something oddly comforting about it. He did not hug the other back at first, for he wasn't sure if he should ignore him and proceed talking, or stop and embrace the hug. His mind was overthinking the simplicity of the embrace, and was thinking of every possibility that would make him more embarrassed than the angel already was. He could ignore the hug, but then that would make Xander feel bad which would only make Karma feel worse. Or he could accept it with open arms just so Bella could walk in and question their sudden intimacy. That last part made his mind cringe. With the gears running fast in his brain, he decided to take an awkward route. He patted the top of Xander's head and turned his head away. He felt like a robot with how unemotional his response was.

'This is how normal people emote, right?'

At the suggestion of taking a day off, Karma couldn't help but snort. A day off? As an angel? Was that even physically possible? "I'm sure if I asked Michael to give me the day off, he will pretend as if he I didn't speak at all," he said sadly. He looked over Xander's face once more and felt his mind change. As much as he loved Bella, Karma would more than love a day inside with just Xander and him. Now that their relationship has upgraded from platonic to romantic, it would be nice to spend a day doing things that couples do. Whatever that may be. He tried to think of a way to persuade Michael to give him a rest day, when an idea came to mind. "I suppose...since my orders are to protect you...I can say that I can only do so with 24/7 surveillance of you. That way I can be with you continuously for at least a few days." He liked the alternate plan that he came up with and gave a small, relieved smile. That would be one thing that he could look forward to after this entire mess. "Yeah, that would be nice."

When Xander had asked him again about his wings, he waved his hand and turned away. "I'm fine, honestly." Hiding his wings were something he was used to, and is usually not painful to most angels. It was more uncomfortable than anything. It felt as if someone was pulling their arms back and tied it to a pole. They were definitely uncomfortable, but most people would not start feeling pain unless they were tied to the pole for more than an hour. However, Karma had his "arms" tied up for an average of 10-14 hours a day. On some days, the throbbing cramps would push him enough to get migraines and wipe out his energy completely. But having them in for just a few hours was not nearly as bad, so he did not complain. "It's more of a cramp than it is a pain that can be alleviated. If it gets that bad, I'll step outside and let my wings out for a bit. But I should be okay," he reassured.

Bella listened to Xander respectfully and pouted. She didn't know that what she said could have been offensive. The last thing she ever wanted was to make her older brother feel bad about himself. So, she hugged Karma's side just before he could eat his first fork-full of food. "I'm sorry for teasing you," she said as the male froze in his place in fear of dropping his omelet. "Ah, that's alright Bella. I know you didn't mean it." Happy that Karma was not mad at her, she smiled gently and glued her eyes onto the screen. When Xander had asked about her spice levels, she responded with a simple "mhm!". Her young mind had saw a T.V. And now that it was on, she could not think of anything else but of what played in front of her. Karma gave a small chuckle at his sister, and decided to elaborate for Xander. "She never thinks anything is really spicy. Lots of her school friends eat spicy chips like it's water, so she got into it pretty quick as well." Then, Karma's eyes became glued to the screen as well. He was on the same level as Xander. It had been a while since he had watched any children's movie, so it was a good change of pace from telling Bella her nightly bedtime story. The only time the angel had looked away was at Xander when he had told him about his cautious eating. He was in mid-chew when Xander spoke. His cheeks packed with food, which made him look like a chipmunk frozen in place. He gave the demon a slow nod, but continued to be careful as he ate.

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos

Xander wasn't phased when Karma decided to be awkward, he knew that Karma was stressed, and that always lead to overthinking, as as such the male would be in his own head and never leave it. He simply shook his head fondly over his silly, overthinking, too-serious and emotionally constipated boyfriend. He listened to Karma ramble about how he could get a 'day off' and he gently winced when Karma mentioned about having him under '24/7 survelance'. Ahh, the things he'd do for his love. "Well, if the only way to get you all to myself is saying that I need to be protected, no matter how much that hurts my pride, I'll allow it." He grinned. "Besides, while I can defend myself, I don't... actually know how to fight. I don't have the experience, or I don't remember it at least." He shrugged. it wasn't wrong. He was fairly certain he could hold his own, but he has no idea how strong he was, or how fast, and if he'd be able to manage himself in a fight proper.

Xander wasn't convicned, and he was sure it showed on his face, but he wasn't going to fight Karma on it. "Alright. Just don't push yourself." He nodded, letting it go. He didn't want to push it, besides once they got Bella out of the house, both of them were free to have their wings out.

He chuckled at the lack of reaction, not surprised in the slightest. He nodded when Karma explained Bella's tolerance. "ooh! I see! Thats good. I accidentally spiced them a bit more then I normally do, and some kids can be sensitive to it. Thats good then." He smiled. He normally spiced them so it was an aftertaste, but he tried adding a bit extra for Karma. but he tried to hold back for Bellas' sake. luckily he didn't need to, so tomorrow he could spice it more than normal. although he might make individual ones, they do take a bit of time each. He looked over to Karma and had to stop himself from laughing himself silly. Karma had cute chipmunk look, with his cheeks full of food, and Xander so badly wanted to pinch the cheeks, but didn't want to stop Karma from eating. So instead he poked the cheeks, amused and tyring to not laugh. "Cute." He said, amused, before looking back at the TV.

He took note of the time, 9:30pm. that late already? He huffed a smile. Both him and Karma ahs finished eating, while Bellas remained untouched. Reheat for tomorrow. He took the plates, taking them into the kitchen, putting Bellas in the microwave to keep it safe, and ready to heat up for whenever anyone wanted to eat it. it was a quick washup, and by the time he got back, the movie was ending and he smile. "Alright kids, its 9pm. We should think about getting ready for bed." He smiled, directing a look to Karma. "that means you and I getting into our PJs." He grinned. Bella~ If you can find another movie to play that'd be great!" he asked, ruffling the girls hair, making his ay to the bedroom, a directed look to Karma,, jeking his head in the motion to follow him. He hoped the Angel would get the message and follow, a small private conversation while they got changed. Maybe a sneaky kiss.

He got to his bedroom, leaving the door open for Karma, and waited for Karma to follow. When Karma finally arrived, he shut the door for privacy. "So the plan is to wait for Bella to fall asleep, then I go and get rid of the Demons next door, right?" He asked. Your parents should be out so I can subdue your brother and have you come over and interrogate him, and you can leave before your parents get home, so I can deal with them when they get back. Thats the plan right?" He asked, making sure before he did anything.

care_less care_less

Karma gave out a gentle laugh at Xander's comment about his ego. He had never thought about it before, but Xander has always been the person to protect him since they were young. Maybe it was because he was mentally much older than he was, but Xander had stuck up to Eric (and many other bullies) who would shove, push, or tease Karma throughout their childhood. A particular memory that stuck in his mind was when the two were about ten years old. It was after school, and the two had been walking home together. On the way over, they had ran into Eric and his two other friends. They were all 17 at the time, so it was easy for them to tower over the children to seem more threatening. Eric came behind them and pulled off Karma's glasses. The young boy's eyesight was terrible after a certain incident a few years prior, so he mopped and asked for them back. Of course, he refused and dangled them above, making it out of reach. He was used to this, but Xander definitely wasn't. The poor angel remembered getting frightened for a second, then his memory went blank. He had assumed he had dissociated, for the next thing he remembered was standing behind Xander as his brother ran away. He did not know what happened, but he DID know that Xander saved him from getting beat up, and any future beatings that Eric had planned in the future. He knew that Xander was capable of handling himself, so he was only going to pretend to Michael that he was working diligently to protect him. After all, it wasn't a lie. Karma was always careful to keep Xander safe.

Once he was poked by Xander, the male rolled his eyes at him but smiled anyways. Well, as much as he can smile without spilling the food out of his mouth. The movie was less than halfway finished when Karma had finished his food, and placed it on the coffee table in front of them. Karma had to blink his eyes a few times when the film had concluded. He wasn't used to staring at a screen for such a length of time, so his eyes had ached once he finally looked away. He stretched his arms and back when he stood up. Nearly letting his wings out as he did so. Bella gave out a big yawn, but did not say that she was tired. Instead, she sprawled her body out on the couch. Karma turned to watch Xander bring their used dishes into the kitchen and made a mental note to wash them. He knew that Xander would probably get mad at him for cleaning up the remaining dishes, but he wanted to anyways. Cleaning was a good way of calming himself down. It was a coping method he had picked up when he was 12 and never dropped.

He got the subtle hint Xander had dropped for them to speak in private and nodded to him. Karma first turned to check up on Bella, who was now flicking through the T.V again to pick out a new movie. "Are you okay?" he asked in a soft voice. He earned a quick nod from her, but nothing more. He could tell that she was tired, so he removed his shirt and handed it to the girl. She smiled at the offering and quickly slid it over her pajamas. He knew it was warm enough for her to get comfortable without the need of a blanket, just in case she did fall asleep. "Thank you," she said gently. Karma smiled back at her and kissed the top of her head. Something he had remembered his older sister doing for him when he was young. "No problem. I'll be right back." He patted the top of her head gently before following Xander upstairs.

Once the door was shut, he returned to serious angel mode. He nodded at the demon's words and moved back to his luggage. Now grabbing a sweatshirt and pulling it over. It was black, just so he could blend easier into the night when it came the time. "Precisely. She on the urge of falling asleep as it is, so I'll bring her upstairs and clean up around the house. That way if she wonders where we've gone, she'll assume we're doing house chores." He turned around to look at Xander. His face and eyes covered up his current emotion easily. One can only assume that Karma was focused, and nothing more. "Remember, when you're ready, just pray to me. It won't hurt you, even if you're a demon. Using a phone will get us traced. We don't need anymore attention being drawn towards us." Karma walked over to him and grasped Xander's shoulder firmly. "I'm counting on you. Stay safe." Then, the angel turned away and returned downstairs to put his sister to bed.

Xander nodded, a rare serious face making an apearance. Well, it was more of a frown more than anything, but he often frowned whenever he was focusing. He didn't think thats how a 8 year old child would think, but Karma did know his sister better than he did, so he nodded. Karma was in charge of keeping an eye on bella, if something went wrong, it would be on his hands. He blinked at the mention of praying to Karma. "Uhh, Not exactly sure how to pray but I can give it a shot." He agreed. It was hands together, say Karmas name and the message right? that shouldn't be too hard. when Karma came close, a hand on his shoulder, he wondered if it was too much to hope for a kiss. but when the Angel moved to go back downstairs, the Demon was quick enough to stop the Angel, even if it was grabbing his hand. making sure that he had the Angels attention, he leaded in and kissed Karma, a hand reaching up to gently cup the others head. He pulled back, much softer in smile. "Love you." He grinned, before pulling back.

He did have a plan, after all. He quickly grabbed a pair of black gloves before quietly making his way to the backgarden, jumping the fence with ease. A bit of illision magic to cloak himself with shadows so that no one noticed him. it was easy to get into the house, having the key and all. He had a plan for that as well. The backdoor lead into the kitchen, which was nice since he could grab a kitchen knife. he didn't want to use a sword or a crossbow for this afterall. he make his way through the house, everything was dark, apart from Erics room. Good. His plan was simple, make it seem like a break-in homicide for the police. So when the police find the dead bodies, you could paint the scene as someone breaking in, killing Eric and getting seen by the parents before they could get out, killing the parents in the porcess, leaving the way they came. Before he left, he'll shatter the window, so it looked like a proper break in. Simple, easy, and he can easily be somehwere else for the 'time of the homicide' seeing how the shattering glass will probably be heard by some people.

Back to business, however! He grinned, walking in nonchalauntly with a dark grin. "Hello there, Eric~" He greeted. "I guess you didn't believe me, last time we met. You hurt Karma and Bella emotionally and psychologically if not physically, so I wont play nice with you either." He growled, his true form slipping out. Horns, wings, and tail all manifesting, the whites of his eyes clouding with black as the green glowed. "I'm not sure who you think you are... But its stupid of you to test my patience. I assume you know who I am? And since I know theres a Demon in there, I wont mind taking you out either." He grinned, going in for the attack.

Subduing the what looked to be petrified demon, was almost too easy. It truely looked like a scuffle, The demon trying to get away, but unable to since the only exit to the room was the doorway and who'd willingly jump out of a window? In the end, Xander was victorious, a knife to the demons throat, which he realised wasn't a good position so he moved to that he had his foot on the Demons stomach as he talked. "I've got a few questions for you, but I think I'll let my friend ask them. You know him after all, don't you?" He asked, anger slipping into his tone, his foot pressing harder into the demon before he eased. He put his hands together as though he was going to pray. 'Karma, My love, I'm attempting to pray to you. One demon is secured, under my Foot at this time." He prayed, and then looked back to the now horrified demon finding it amusing. "Yaknow, its quite rude to possess a human that already has a soul in it." He mused. When Karma finally arrived he relaxed a bit. "Oh thank fuck that it worked. Well, ask away sweetheart~" He cooed, much to the disbelief and horror of the Demon below him.

care_less care_less

Karma had not expected the kiss, so it was a nice surprise that kept him from feeling nauseous with anxiety. He did not fight back when Xander grabbed his hand, and easily pressed his lips against Xander's. Even if he never admitted it, the demon knew perfectly how to make him feel better. The kiss made him feel safe and at ease, despite what was about to transpire. He had wished it had lasted longer just like the last time. But unfortunately, they had bigger things to accomplish. He didn't realize that his eyes were closed until Xander had pulled away, and he had opened them again. He looked over at Xander with a sense of vulnerability. Something inside of him was being to regret all of this. Maybe he should have listened to Michael. Maybe he should have allowed the other angels to finish up the situation. But he did not voice his second thoughts, and smiled back at Xander. "I love you too," he said softly, before walking a=back out of the bedroom.

Just as he said, Karma had brought Bella upstairs to Xander's parent's bedroom. He knew that the both him and Xander might take a while to return to actually sleep with her, but he placed her in a bigger bed just in case. She had been long since asleep when he had came to retrieve her, and it made Karma's smile widen. He gently picked her up bridal style, and moved into the bedroom carefully. Once she was laid down, he pulled the covers up to her shoulders. "Good night Bella," he whispered. Not expecting any reply, he turned himself around and closed the door. He returned back downstairs and began to clean around the house. It restarted his mental balance to where it should have been: calm. Which was just in time for when Xander had prayed to him. It was like a whisper echoing in the back of him mind. It was hard to miss, so he responded to it immediately.

The angel had teleported into the house at an instant. He walked in behind Xander, with his own irises glowing green and wings fully extended. He did not plan on having them out to begin with, but he felt that it was necessary. If he was going to kill a demon, he might as well expose what he was. His eyes glared down at Eric with the same look he had given Xander the previous morning. It was filled with disgust and hatred. One that would be terrifying if it was directed at yourself. He had black gloves on to hide his fingerprints, and grabbed the blade from Xander's hands. He did not look at him, or even spoke. His attention was focused on the demon inside Eric, and nothing more. He grabbed a handful of Eric's hair and used it to push his had against the ground, then kept pressed the point of the blade against his chin. "Let's make this quick," Karma grumbled as he examined the demon's face. "Who sent you here?"

"Why the fuck would I tell you?" the demon spat. Karma figured he would be stubborn, so he moved the blade away. "You get three chances, demon. After strike three, you will be dead. Let me ask you again. Who sent you here?"
Eric spat in Karma's face, which splattered onto his faces and cheeks. He didn't flinch, or even get upset. He simply stared down at him.
"Fuck off."

Karma did not hesitate moving to the first step. He took the blade and stabbed it through his hand. Listening to the demon scream, he took it a step further and dragged the blade upwards towards his wrist. "I'll ask again. Who sent you here?" Now the demon seemed ready to answer. "I-I don't know. I didn't get a good look at them!" Karma raised an eyebrow at this. "Didn't get a good look at them?" he repeated. He didn't understand how someone could take a job without any information on who their employer is. "Think harder," Karma says as he continued to drag the blade up his arm. He continued to hear the demon scream, but got no real answer. Sighing, he finished the job off by slitting Eric's throat. He heard him choke for a few more seconds, before eventually becoming limb. The angel dropped the blade carefully. He was trying not to think about the fact that he had just murdered not only the demon inside, but his brother as well. He was the older brother that beat him up, verbally abused him, and forced Karma to be as reserved as he was. But despite it all, the boy had completely forgave him each time. He knew that was what annoyed Eric the most. That no matter how cruel he was, Karma would forgive him at an instant and still loved him. Karma hadn't noticed that he was beginning to space out again as he stared at his brother's body. His eyes glossing over while he knelt over Eric.

Xander watched as his boyfriend appeared, and noticed the look. He shivered slightly, remembering that look and thanking the fates themselves that he wasn't directed with that look again. He backed away as Karma came closer, letting the Angel take the weapon and jumed up to slowly float into the corner, lest he touched anything. He watched as a Bystander, letting Karma do his thing. honestly, Karma seemed the same now that he was putting everything into perspective. Even though he was threatening a Demon, being callous and cold, it wasn't as if that wasn't normal after all. Karma was naturally cold to everyone who he didn't like, or couldn't tolerate. And who honestly liked Eric? They guy thought he was better because he was a few years older, something that bit him in the ass when he tried to bully Karma in front of him.

He perked up when the Demon finally said something about who sent them, confirming that someone did send them. Xander floated back over, landing back onto the floor gently as he laid a hand on Karmas shoulder, careful to not touch the wings. "I don't mean to rush you love, but you should best be going. We confirmed that someone did send them, I can figure out the rest from here. I have... my own ways of getting information, and I have a bit better of an understanding on how Demons tick. Besides, I need to make sure that everything is in order." He said, convincingly. He bent down to pick the knife up, the knife dripping with blood. "Go home, wash up, and go sleep with Bella for tonight. I'll finish up here." He said, voice gentle and loving, but firm and not taking any feedback. Again, he had plans and Karma being here when the parents arrived would mean that the angel might get in the way, might let his emotions get the better of him and that would mess everything up. Which is why he directed the Angel home, specifically to Bella. Who knows if Bella wakes up?

Whent he Angel, thankfully, left, He relaxed. He made an illusion of him and Eric, to see how the scene would play out, and messed with everything accordingly. He wondered if his perfectionist was coming out, but he just wanted the highest chance of success. He waited in the bedroom, waiting and waiting until finally, the frontdoor opened. He grinned, making his way to the demons in human form. "Hi~" He called out, getting their attention. "So.. I have a few questions..." He started. "I'm still your prince, you are but lowley filth, so tell me exactly what I want to know and I'll be merciful. I'll kill Quickly and painlessly. Refuse and I'll make sure you'll wish that an Angel was here to banish you away. Okay?" He asked sweetly. The Demon possessing the mother tried going for the door, but the great thing about his powers, even though he wasn't sure what he could do, he knew somethings. And one thing was that he could fuck with their minds, more specifically the human brain that they were piloting, making them think that the door was locked. It wasn't, but in their minds, it was locked, almost by magic. He grinned, a dark and almost sadistic grin, looking almost akin to how he would look as a prince. The two demons looks at him in fright.

"So... Riddle me this; who sent you and why. Be good little demons, okay?" He asked, the sweet tone chilling with the underlying promise of pain as he played with the tip of the the knife casually, the knife not sharp enough to pierce through his gloves. The Demon who took the form of the Father growled, and the poor bastard thought it was a good Idea to charge at him. He looked at the Demon unimpressed and it was was barely a second before the Demon was already on the floor writhing in agony, the pain much more excruciating thanks to being able to contort the minds of the human meat suits. The pain would only get worse over time, if anything he might pass out from it, a small mercy that wont be granated for long. He looked to the other demon with a sweet, almost charming smile. She caved as she fell against the door her legs unable to keep her up.

"I-I don't know who he was, but he wasn't a Demon. O-O-Or a human. He was hard to look at, and he said that he would let us live if we did what he said." She stuttered out. The male demon coughed out a 'traitor'. He couldn't move anyway so Xander left him to walked to female. "so an Angel told you three demons to possess the older family members of his house? Why." He asked, and she started sobbing. A demon crying, huh? Well, femal humans tend to be emotional, and when you possess a human you take at least some characteristics of the human you possessed. "I-I'm not sure. H-He said... some kind of test. For the other boy. We were to corrupt the child, the little girl. If we succeeded, we could have her soul." She explained and Xanders blood went cold. "A test... for Karma?" He asked, voice hiding any emotion. the small nod and he sighed. "I see. forgive me for this, but I am aware the Demons can lie so..." He trailed off, a hand on her head and cusing her to feel imense pain. "Was everything you said the truth?" He asked and admist her screams she cried yes, begging for it to stop, for mercy, which he gave. He smiled.

"Thank you for that valuable information." He thanked, before quickly ending her life to the satb to the heart. He looked to the man on the ground, still writhing, deciding a quick stab to the back of the neck would do the trick. he got up and looked at the scene, the murderer about to get away, the father heroically goes after him only to be stabbed in the gut and starting to bleed out. Mother panics, unable to get away or get out before being stabbed in the heart, dying instantly. Going back to the Father, killing him by stabbing him in the back of the throat. Yep, sounds good. He locked the door to make it seem like the mother wasn't trying and failing to get out of an unlocked house, placing the key as through she had dropped it in the panic, and wondering... where should he put the knife? hmmm, oh! He made his way to the kicthen and started washing the knife. it would still be seen as evidence, but any murderer worth their salt would know that if you're oging to leave the murder weapon, keep it as concealed as possible. All wahsed up, he shoved the knife away as 'hastily as possible', and made his way through the backdoor.

Making sure he was cloaked with shadows, illusions keeping him concealed, he locked the backdoor before finding a large-enough rock and throwing it at the window, shattering it, a large enough hole to put his hand through and open the door from the inside. The sound was loud, so he did have to be quick as he made his escape back home, using silent magic to clean himself and rid himself of all blood. What prince didn't know how to keep himself clean afterall?

care_less care_less

The demon's gentle touch had snapped him out of his head. It reconfirmed in his head that this was not just some nightmare that haunted him through his sleep, but reality. He looked back at Xander with sadness in his eyes. The harsh mask he wore crumbling away, yet he continued to push forward. Now was not the time to get emotional. Xander still had a job to finish, and Bella was next door waiting for him. He could breakdown in a bedroom, alone with Xander tomorrow. The thought itself felt comforting. "Yeah, you're right," he says as he stood himself up. He forced his eyes away from the dead body. He has seen and killed demons before, but this was different. He had killed his brother, who was inside with the demon struggling for his life. And soon, his parents would meet the same fate. This scene was all too familiar. Regardless of his unstable mind, he turned back towards Xander with a smile. "Thank you," was all he said before he disappeared into sand that would soon disappear into the wind.

He returned into Xander's living room. Without his counterpart and parents there, the house seemed unsettling. It was dark and empty. The warmth that their home had usually emitted was nowhere. It felt cold, enough so that it would not have been difficult to understand that a demon had lived there. Karma looked around for just a glance. He wanted to know that he was by himself, and no one else would see him vulnerable. He sat himself down onto the couch, and allowed reality to seep in. Every family he had been killed off, each with his sisters remaining. It felt surreal. Something about this was horribly twisted out shape. He knew death was natural, especially for angels, but this was bizarre. It left him with one overwhelming question: Is it because of me? He was the only common factor that he could think of. He was not that important. He should not be that important. The more Karma thought about, the more his head began to ache. He removed his glasses and grabbed his head. 'Why couldn't I be normal?' was the thought that echoed across his mind. He was overwhelmed by everything. By Heaven. By Hell. By Michael. By Satan By angels. By demons.

'Why can't they leave me alone?'

By humans. By Xander. By Bella. By Eric. By Moraz. By Rosemary.

'I just want to be left alone.'

By university. By work. By his parents. By Earth. By life...

"I'm so sorry for interrupting," a familiar voice spoke to him from the darkness. Karma's head shot up at the sight to see Michael. The one person he had not expected to see within Xander's house. This was supposed to be a safe zone. A place for him to be without the worry of anyone non-human entering besides Xander. Why? Why was he here now? "This is not ideal. I know," the archangel spoke calmly. "I see that you're beginning to allow your thoughts and emotions become jumbled into one." Karma did not notice it until Michael pointed it out. He was sobbing and hyperventilating. He was so overwhelmed that he did not realize that he was choking on his breath, and curled up on the side of the couch with his wings shielding his body. Like a broken bird, who was just barely struggling to stay alive. Karma did not speak to him. All he could do was hiccup and wipe his tears away, while Michael continued to speak. "I'm sorry that God had created you with the mind of a human. It was his intention to make an angel with the properties of his favorite creation. You can experience the joys of love and hope, unlike Heaven and unlike myself. But with that, you will experience pain and suffering. It is a duty you must carry, and I cannot imagine the struggle you must endure."

Karma wanted to speak, but nothing intelligible came out. Only coughs and whimpers. Michael walked over to him and knelt in front of him. "From this point on, I want you to stop being like Heaven. You are a weapon, but you are also God's cherished creation. He gave you the gift of emotions. Do not push that gift away." All Karma could do was nod. His mind was too muddled with every feeling he had subdued that he could not think of a proper response. Michael did not need one. He understood enough. The male stood himself up, and began to move towards the front entrance of the house. It was just in time for Xander's arrival. Michael had a good height to him. He was a frightening seven feet tall, which meant that he towered both Xander and Karma. His eyes looked the demon over. He knew that the boy had most likely squeezed some information out of the demons, but he was not threatened by it. "I suggest that if you have something to say to him, to hold your tongue until tomorrow," Michael said rather calmly, despite wanting to smite Xander where he stood. "I'm sure we'll meet again." Then, he too disappeared. Leaving the weeping angel with the only person who could calm him down.

Xander walked into the house, and knew almost instantly something was wrong. The protections that he had put up were torn to shreds, someone powerful had just busted through! All he could think about was protecting Karma and Bella, sword in hand and demon eyes allowing him to see properly in the dark, he ran into the living room to see Karma upset and obviously having a mental breakdown trying to process everything, and Micheal. He felt his blood boil and he had to bite back a growl. This fucker was the one who put Demons into Karma's human adoptive family, trying to corrupt his little sister as a fucking test! Playing with human lives! Angels were supposed to protect humans not, use them as bait and meatshields for Demons! Xander narrowed his eyes when Micheal directed his attention to him, telling him to wait on giving the information. Oh, he was going to wait, he was going to make sure that Karma was okay and was mentally stable first and foremost, before dropping any kind of news on him. "Right because I have every obligation to do what you say." He said, sarcasm in his voice, very much aware that Micheal didn't like him just as much as he didn't like the Archangel.

Once the older angel left, leaving the protective barrier he made in useless Ribbons and his own son in a state of obvious distress, Xander moved quickly. He turned the light on, letting his sword disapear and focusing his magic into remaking the protection as he quickly made his way over to Karma, practically scooping the other up in his arms. "Hey, hey, now. I'm here, I'm here. You're safe. Micheal might be the only one who can get past my shields, He's probably older and a lot more powerful than I am, so I'm not surprised. Rude, he could have knocked but I digress." He shook his head, to focus on his boyfriend. he pulled the angel so that the Angels head was on his chest, head to the side so that Karma could listen to Xanders heartbeat as Xander ran his hands through the Angels hair, offering soothing words, adoring petnames and gently rocking in a soothing motion, as though one would rock an upset child.

Xander sighed adoringly and affectionately, not minding that his back was starting to hurt by being in a slightly awkward angle. If he couldn't endure this much for not only his best friend, but also his boyfriend, what kind of Friend or Boyfriend would be be? He leaned down and pressed a kiss to the Angels head, before pressing many more into the hair and scalp of the white-haired boy. He cradled the Angel, soothing him and comforting him without any hesitation or quips, letting the Angel finally calm down and come back to Earth and to the present. "You bottled up again. I can guess what the trigger was, and thats perfectly understandable. If anything, I'd be more worried if you didn't have a reaction at all." He mused, letting the other move away if he wanted. "I don't think you want to talk about it, being that you don't liek to talk about this sort of thing... but remember no matter what, I'll listen. even if it makes no sense and its all a bunch of emotional pent up frustration put into words that dont' make sense in english, I'll listen. Always." He smiled, warm and comforting. he lifted a hand to wipe away the old and any fresh new tears that arose, cradling the angels head as though it was something precious.

and to him? The Angel was more precious than anything he ever knew. He grinned, deciding to bring at least a little bit of more positivity into the situation. "Oh look, I can hole the whole world in my hands!" He claimed, reaching up to cup Karma's head, and he couldnt' help but feel soft. "Well, I can hold up my whole world with my hands at least." He added, unable to help himself to a kiss on the Angels nose. Okay, He'll admit, its not original, and it was probably clitche at this point, but it was suited to the situation and the positioning of his hands. How could he resist? Brilliant pick up line as well! And he wa sallowed to use it as a romantic gesture instead of having to backtrack and pretend it was platonic. He wondered how he could get Karma out of his head, and he assumed it was because he was a young adult being 20 years old, but all he could think about was some not-safe-for-work ideas. Which he assumed the Angel wouldn't take too well to.

"How about... I made you some omelettes. But Extra spicy, just for you?" He offered, a soft smile. "And you can help me out if you want, whatever you wanna do, we can do." He offered. Not doing anything would probably be a bad thing right now, seeing how if left to his own devices, Karma will just go into his own head again.

care_less care_less

Karma had figured that Xander had assumed that Michael was the reasoning for his breakdown, but he did not have the ability to tell him otherwise. Sure, he was part of it, but it was more so emotional trauma that has never been resolved. He was sure that Xander could second this, but the boy had never once cried. With every terrible thing that has happened to him, he never gave himself the chance to take a moment to heal before moving on. He was forced to grow up too fast. But now, Xander had gave him time to let everything out. Every fear, despair, and anger built up was getting out. It left the angel shaking and shivering for warmth. So it was easy to embrace Xander's hug. He needed this badly. More than anything else.

He wept and wept and wept into Xander's chest. His body seemed to move by its own, with his hands clenching onto the demon's shirt and wings drooping onto the couch. It made him look as if he was wearing a long, feathered cloak rather than having actual wings. Karma did not push the other away once. Right now, he felt completely dependent on the other. Pushing him away would have only made the pain worsen, and that was the last thing the angel wanted to do. Xander's words had soothed him for just a few moments. It was enough for him to mutter a sentence, but not without him hiccuping in between his phrases. "Wh-Why...Why can't everyone...l-leave me alone?" was all he could saw before he fell into another fit of sobbing. He wanted to explain to Xander exactly what and why he was bawling the way he was, but whenever he tried, his words mushed together before eventually returning to his cries. He eventually gave up, and waited himself out. He'd have a time to ramble to Xander later, just as he always done. For now, he would wait.

His cries progressively slowed down the more Xander spoke. His words forced him out of his mind and focused onto his partner. When his face was cupped, his white hair fell over his eyes. Karma had never admitted to it, but he had seemed much younger than he was. So with his red cheeks and nose, and bushy hair, it was obvious that the angel was often told how adorable he was. Even by Xander. Sniffling away his tears, he laughed at Xander's corny phrase. Any other time, comments like that would have made him roll his eyes. Now, he couldn't stop laughing. Though his head ached now and his puffy eyes made him feel exhausted, he was at peace now. Sobbing as hard as he did made him feel good. As if a huge weight had been lifted off of his chest and shoulders. "Thank you," he had said delicately. "I'm sorry for staining your shirt," he muttered as his eyes moved down the darkened wet spots now decorating the from of Xander's shirt. "I promise I'll clean it for you in the morning."

The sound of another omelette had sounded rather delicious. So much so that Karma had been close to accepting Xander's offer. But, he knew that it was getting late. Plus, he had already done so much for him. Asking for him to cook after cleaning up his messes would have pushed it over the top. "That's alright," he murmured. "If I'm honest, I just want to you sleep with you and Bella now." He looked back up at Xander with a sad smile. He needed the rest of the evening to break his character and be soft. He was too fragile to hop into his usual calculated and sarcastic self, so he tried to give himself a break. "But if the police don't show up in the morning, please allow me to cook for you. You've done so much, and I just might lose it if you don't let me pay you back. Even if it's with something small."

When Karma started laughing, Xander lit up with his own smile. If his corny pickup lines didn't work, but helped Karma feel better, thats honestly all he could ask for. He looked down at his shirt, now wet with tears and an eyeroll. "What is it with people wanting to wash clothing as soon as it gets splashed with the smallest things?" He asked, looking up to the skies for an answer. "I spill a glass of water down my, already clean shirt, and mum wants to put it in the wash again." He sighed, shaking his head but he couldn't hid the fond smile. "You didn't snot on me, so I see no reason to wash this shirt. besides, its proof that I'm a good boyfriend, letting my boyfriend cry on me." He grinned.

Xander tried to not snigger at the phrasing of 'sleep with you', but he wa ssure a small amused grin was obvious. He sighed, the Angel obviously feeling bad wanted to do something for him. Something small at the back of his head suggested things that he wouldn't dare suggest in front of the angel, unsure if he would just get hit or smited. so intead, he smiled, kissing the Angel, deepening the kiss almost immediately. because of the Angels wings, he couldn't just push Karma down onto the couch itself, so he pulled back for a moment. "Just being yourself and being happy is enough of a payback. You could honestly kiss my cheek for anything I do for you and I'll be happy with that. Never underestimate how much I adore you, Karma. Okay?" He asked, a soft adoring smile on his face.

"But if you wanna cook so badly, I'll let you. But, you'd have to be able to get yourself out of bed first, cause I refuse to let you sleep how we normally sleep." He warned, a mischivious grin. They both knew how clingy Xander could get, and how strong he could be while holding on, and how deep of a sleeper he could be. And now that they were dating and both consentual adults, sleeping next to eachother, instead of one being upside down like they were packed like fish, should be allowed if not expected. He smiled, and took an assessing note of Karma. Still upset, but calmer, tired, and probably just wants to sleep. Yeah there was no way he was going to talk about anything tomorrow. He looked up and almost stared off into space, but he was really making sure that his protection was back up. Thankfully, they back to how they should be. He nodded, satisfied. "Alright, the protection on the house should be good to go. I don't care that Micheal is an Archangel, but the guy could have some decency in just ripping them apart. I can only do so-strong protections silently and without a ritual you know?" He huffed, then sighed. It was just stuff he was going to have to remember or re-learn.

His protection only worked on the house, and was as durable as he was, in essence. Which is why most demons and angels couldn't get in even if they tried. He felt uneasy that Micheal could just rip through the protection, ripping it to shreds as well. If he tried to fight Micheal honestly he'd be fucked 3 ways to heaven and hell. Off topic! Off topic! he shook his head and focused back on Karma. "Alright, you better not go disapearing on me tomorrow. the amount of things I have to let you know but there just hasn't been a time. Either you had to go do stressful stuff, Bella's here or you had a breakdown. and I'm not dumping any kinf of heavy information onto you while you're tired and coming down from a breakdown. So you're not allowed to leave me tomorrow, okay?" he asked. He knew that it was almost fighting a losing battle, since if Micheal wanted he could once again, rip his protection to shreds and physically take Karma away if he wanted to, or Karma would just be called and he would have to go, but he wouldn't give up without a fight.

care_less care_less

He laughed again at Xander's comment of being a good boyfriend. That was something that they could agree on. He was entirely grateful that out of all the people he could have grown up with, that it was Xander. Even though these past couple of days have been hectic and Karma suspected that the coming days will be just the same, he wouldn't have wished it to be with anyone else. Thinking of the upcoming days, a new thought came into mind. After murdering his possessed family next door, would they still be able to live a normal life. 'Perhaps Xander can,' he thought to himself, 'But I most likely won't.' There goes his human dream of becoming a surgeon, he supposed. Karma should have known better than to hope for a clean double life. Being a successful doctor by day, and a weapon of Heaven by night. There was a reason nearly no other angel, or demon at that, had tried to live amongst humans in the first place. Now that he thought about it, if living amongst humans was known to be a failure, then why was he placed into a human family to begin with? His question rose suspicion in the angel, but he was not going to bring it up till later. Karma was should try to keep out of his head as best as possible, or he was only going to stress himself out even more.

Karma was happily surprised by the deep kiss. He had only thought that Xander was going to peck his lips again, but he wasn't going to argue. Xander was much more romantically inclined than he was, so he was never good at making moves like this. Only when he felt fully confident (like he was when they had their first kiss) was Karma comfortable enough to be bold in his moves. However, he didn't mind one bit. He enjoyed giving Xander the control in these situations. Otherwise Karma might've just made the situation awkward. He wanted to lean back onto the couch, but his movement was limited with enormous feathery wings sticking up from his back. As much as Xander seemed to have liked his wings, Karma hated them at times. It made things like sleeping and laying comfortably impossible, which had annoyed the male since he was young. So, he folded them back into his skin. It gave them more room to do whatever they liked. He was just about to lay down when Xander pulled back. He was disappointed, but it was most likely for the best. He responded to Xander's next comment with a frown. Even though he had insisted that Karma did not need to do anything to pay him back, that did not make him feel any better. "I'm still going to repay you, so pancakes for breakfast it is."

He had forgotten that sleeping with Xander now meant ACTUALLY sleeping with him. Not that way of course! He still had his baby sister in the house! But Xander's way of affection included physical touch, which means that the other had gotten clingy at night. Any other time, he would avoid this by sleeping on the opposite side of the bed. But now, there was no escape. It wasn't that Karma had minded, just that it would be another thing for him to get used to. "I'm sure that I can manage," Karma says as he wiped away any remaining tears. He was in shock with how much better he felt. Crying was something that many people frowned upon, for it represents weakness and instability. But after having that heart-felt sob, he had felt more balanced than he's ever been. Perhaps it was best not to hold back his sadness. "I really did mean it. What I said back in my house," Karma said as he reached over towards the coffee table to push his glasses back on. "Thank you for everything. You didn't have to reach out of your way to help me. Boyfriend or not, what you did was more than what I could've imagine. Thank you again."

When he heard Xander talk about the protective barrier being back in place, he nodded affirmatively. He had wished Michael would have been more polite in terms of tearing down the wall guarding Xander's home. The least he could've done was put it back the way it was before. But, that was Michael. He could careless when it came to demons. Even to nice ones like Xander. The angel finally stood up from the couch and rubbed his eyes. God was he tired. He began walking himself upstairs and realized that he should probably shower before heading to bed. His skin was clammy from stress-cleaning the entire first floor before the murders, and had Eric's dried blood on his lower arms. Listening to Xander telling him to not disappear, Karma waved him off as he yawned. "It'll be fine, Xander," he said tiredly as he dragged his feet towards the bathroom. He closed the door behind him (completely forgetting to grab a new pair of clothing to change into), stripped himself down, and hopped in the shower. The warm water on his face had did nothing but make Karma more exhausted. If he could, he would have no problem curling up onto the shower floor and sleep there where he was warm and comfortable. But, he tried to hurry himself up. He knew Xander had needed the cleaning more than he did and wanted to give him a turn so the two could sleep as soon as possible.

Karma did not take too long. Five minutes at max. He hopped out, dried himself up, and scanned the entire bathroom just to see that he forgot to get himself fresh clothes. He scoffed with annoyance. He was always spot-on when it came to his memory, so he was disappointed in himself for forgetting something so simple. He shrugged off his negative thinking as quickly as it came up and wrapped the towel around his waist. Then, he headed out of the bathroom and into Xander's bedroom. He figured that the demon would be busy with something else, so he was not too worried with the other barging in on him. He closed the door, then dropped the towel. Now rushing to at least slide on a pair of boxers, then took his time putting on some pajamas. When he was done, he left the bedroom, threw his towel in the hamper, then went into the master bedroom. He was careful not to make a noise as he looked over Bella. The girl was still asleep, which made him relieved. Yawning once more, he moved into the large bed and laid himself down beneath the covers. He wanted to wait for Xander, but his eyelids betrayed him. They drooped down until they were closed, and the angel boy was soon fast asleep as well.

Xander sighed at his boyfriends determination to do something. "Alright, alright, I'll let you cook. At least let me cook with you for dinner tomorrow?" He asked. "We could make something together, wouldn't that be interesting?" He asked. He couldn't help but think that'd be bliss, cooking with your boyfriend to make a meal for the pair of you, plus Bella if she's still here. He looked at Karma as the Angel thanked him, and he sighed. Silly, silly, adorable boyfriend. He smiled, unable to help himself to kissing the male, a chatase kiss this time, a small peck. "I would do it all again, because I love you, Karma. No ifs or buts, I love you, and I will not hesitate to move heaven, hell, and the earth itself to make sure you are safe and happy. That will never change, never." He said, serious in his tone and face, with a small hint of desperation as he hopes his Angelic boyfriend will learn that he isn't kidding. He then had to siffle a laugh at the cute yawn as Karma's exhaustion seemed to catch up with him.

While Karma took the shower, Xander sighed, looking down. he decided he would rather relax in the silence of the living room, letting his thoughts run. It wont be fine, he doubts. With their luck, Micheal is more likely to appear before they even get a chance to themselves to relax, let alone enough for Xander to tell Karma anything. He sighed at the whole situation, annoyed that he couldn't do a lot by himself, annoyed at himself for forgetting everything he learnt that would be useful. If only he had his old tomes-thats it! He scrambled to grab his phone, he left his phone in the kitchen, so he made a mad, yet quiet, dash. He looked at Moraz' last message, a simple sorry for bringing it up. He started typing frantically.

[Moraz. I need you to do something for me. Mum should know where my old journals and tomes are, if they haven't been cast away. Bring them to me if you can. I think I might be able to remember or at least re-learn everything from them.]

[This is where I reside, you're allowed to just appear. Bring mother if you wish.]

He sent and sighed, before he started to pace. If he can get his old journals and tomes, full of notes, broken-down explanations for magic he didn't understand and was trying to learn, and general trivia and knowledge, then he was golden! He was running about a third of his normal power, most of his power being that he couldn't remember everything. He made sure to modify the protection to allow his brother and mother, and only them, through. If he was lucky, his journals and tomes should have something on protection. He sighed, closing his eyes and falling back onto the sofa, taking note that Karma had finished the shower. He listened as Karma made his way to his bedroom, before making his way to his parents room. He sighed, looking down and sniffing himself. he smelt like blood, he should wash.

He made his way to the bathroom, peeking into the room and noticing the even breaths from both small human and tall angel. a soft smile found itself on his face. He's fairly sure that micheal doesn't understand how far he's willing to go to protect these two. He grabbed his normal pajama's, slowly made his way to the shower, stripping and a quick rinse with neutral-smelling soaps. He put everything in the Hamper, may as well wash them. He had other clothes he could wear after all. He dried off using his personal towel, a bright-mess of rainbow-coloured cacophany, before getting dressed and padding his way to the bedroom. He smiled, sitting on the bed. He moved a strand out of Bellas face, the youthful face soft and blissfully unaware. He kissed the top of her head, softly to not wake her. He did the same to Karma, the normally deadpan expression softer and relaxed, looking much more gentle. And since the Angel didn't wake up, he knew that the other truly was exhausted. He smiled sadly, leaning up to kiss Karma's forehead.

"I promise you both..." He whispered "I will protect you both. No matter what happens, I will protect you." He vowed. He smiled, , before crawling under the covers, and behind bella, so he was cradling the young girl from behind while her older brother slept in front of her. He linked his and Karmas hands, a soft smile on his face as he fell asleep.

care_less care_less

Last edited:
The morning had came faster than what he would have wanted. Karma had suspected that his body had an internal alarm that woke him up at 5:30 every morning and today he discovered this to be true. He woke up with a headache. It was something that he did not expect to wake up to, but was not entirely surprised either. He slowly moved himself out of bed and noticed a heavy weight in his pocket. The boy cursed at himself as he pulled the object out. He had forgotten his phone in his pocket, which meant that it did not have to ability to charge overnight. He checked the battery to see that it was at 34%, then hooked it to the charger. His phone also showed the time to be 5:38 a.m, which proved his earlier theory. Karma placed his phone down and turned to look at Bella and Xander. His two favorite people were sleeping away peacefully and made him smile. Unfortunately for the both of them, that would not last long. She started school at 7:45 a.m. Which meant that she needed to get herself showered, dressed, and ready before seven so Karma could drive her to school without making her late. Karma was not originally going to wake Xander up, but after last night's events he figured that Xander would not have been happy to see Karma gone without a trace once he was up. So, he decided to wake him up too.

Karma turned on the lights, which earned a frown from Bella. But she tried to hide it by turning her body around. "It's too late Bella, I already saw that you're up." He knew that he had seemed like the bad guy for waking her up so early in the morning, but he was completely okay with that. It was best that while Xander and Karma had dealt with "adult issues" that Bella was off being a child. It was bad enough that she was now without parents. He couldn't bear putting anymore pressure on her. Bella groaned as she rubbed her eyes. "Awh Karmaaaa, I don't wanna go to school," she whined, making Karma sigh. "I know, but you still have to. You don't want to leave your friends all by themselves there, right?" he says as he moved to her side. Bella sat herself up and shrugged. "I suppose not," she grumbled. Karma did not seem satisfied with her answer. He'd hate to see Bella in a bad mood, so he tried to think of a way to cheer her up. "Would you feel better if I said that I'll make you a special breakfast?" he asked, which made the young girl light up, "Would you really?"

"Of course! Just go get washed up and dressed, yeah? By the time you're downstairs, a whole feast will be waiting for you."

Bella giggled at Karma's exaggeration, but went with it anyways. She hurried herself out of the bed and ran to Xander's bedroom to get her clothing. Now, his attention was to the sleeping demon on the opposite side of the bed. He was debating how he should wake him up. A kiss? He shook his head, thinking that he was moving too quickly (despite doing so three times already). Splash a cup of water on him? He shook his head again. He had never really seen Xander angry, and did not feel like pushing his luck so early in the morning. Confused and overthinking, he decided to go with the easiest option. Karma shook his partner's shoulder gently. "Hey, it's time for you to wake up too," he said in a light whisper. When he saw Xander wake up, he smiled down at him. The boy had not gotten ready for the day himself, so he still wore baggy clothes with his white hair sticking up in all sorts of directions. "You said you wanted to help me cook, right? Well now's the perfect opportunity." Karma was still not used to being loving towards anyone besides Bella, so he was having a hard time being romantic or even remotely affectionate towards Xander. He turned himself around without bothering to wait for Xander and made his way to the first floor.

He had arrived to the kitchen with a yawn. Even though his brain had woken him up, the angel with still exhausted. He told himself that the moment he had gotten back dropping his sister off at school, he would crash out on the couch. It was an odd thing for him to do, considering that Karma was a natural morning person who loved to make the most out of his days. But yesterday had been physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausting for him. He deserved to have a break. Thinking about yesterday's events made him remember his burn. He had completely forgotten about it. He looked down at his hand as he unraveled the white bandages. Just as he suspected, the wound had been healed. If it weren't for the scarring that had made the patch of skin a darker color than the rest of his body, no one would have guessed that he had a severe burn in the first place. Satisfied with the result, Karma threw the bandage away and began washing his hands. Now waiting for Xander to come down as he began prepping for their breakfast "feast".

Sleep wasn't even much sleep. It was more like an extended nap, seeing how late he went to bed. He listened to Karma getting up, early bird he was, he tried to bite back a smile as Bella whined about not wanting to go to school. Oh yeah, she had school, didn't she? But she relented, getting out of bed leaving Xander to grumble and curl up into the covers, trying to absorb any left-over heat like a heat-seeking parasite. It went quiet for a moment and he wondered if the Angel left him to sleep in but he was mistaken by the shaking. He grumbled, wingling around so that he was facing his boyfriend, and he pouted. "Not even a good-morning kiss? I'm hurt, how could you leave me hanging like this?" He asked aloud, not loud enough that Bella would hear but enough so that Karma could hear his complaint. But he took it in stide though, Karma wasn't normally affectionate anyways, so he didn't expect that to change drastically over night. He did get up and stretched, a yawn making his way out of his mouth as he force himself out of the warm bed.

He dutifully followed Karma to the Kitchen, deciding to wake up and choose affection he wrapped his arms around Karma's waist. "So what we making this morning?" He asked, his chin resting on Karma's shoulder as he pressed against the Angels backk in a hug, almost falling asleep against the angels back. Then he remembered and he pulle dback suddenly, moving so that he was next to Karma but facing the Angel. "Oh! One of the few things I wanted to tell you today! turns out, my Demon side? Is merging with my Human host. So... eventually, I will be a Demon but more human than demon, since it's my spirit technically. I'd be physically human, but I'll probably be like... immortal or something." He explained. "I noticed that like, having my wings out kind of hurt? and I started bleeding a bit, and when I asked Mother through Moraz, she said that was what was probably happening, since its been around a decade and a half since I took control of the human body.2 He continued. It also makes sense as to why I dont' remember a lot of my memories, the human brain can only take so much information, but I'm slowly remembering because I'm technically changing the human body to be more demonic." He theorised.

"Well thats one of the few things I wanted to tell you today, the other is to do with... your parents but that is for when we're both awake. I'm not having you have another breakdown while bella is still in the house." He said, trying to be gentle about the subject. It... was not pretty, and it was not going to be good for Karma, since the only thing close to him having a parent would be Micheal, and to know that Micheal was doing something like that... thats not going to be good on the others mental health. Xander hummed in thought for food. "Id' sugegst pancakes, but we dont' have batter, and for good batter you need to let it set for 2 hours. I can make my omelette, Belle never had the one from last night, but I don't wanna give her something reheated. she's a princess and deserves fresh. I can eat it." He shrugged. "I can make some toasties? extra cheese. And no, we don't have oatmeal, I only ever eat it cause you made it." He grinned. he started up the kettle, starting to make a cup of tea for himself. "Wanna tea or coffee? and what will bella have? We might have milk and orange juice in the fridge." He offered.

he looked out as though to check if Bella was nearby (he could still hear the shower running), before he turned to Karma with a mischivious smirk. "Whilewe have some time alone..." He started, making his way to Karma, wrapping his arms around Karma's neck. they were the same height, so his arms dangled slightly. "Perhaps could I tempt you into distracting you from cooking? For a small moment... please?" He asked, putting on his best puppy-dog eyes. "Kiss?" He asked, almost begging. He was willing to just simply steal pecks from Karma, but he liked it when Karma took initiative and took kisses himself. But if the Angel was determinded to cook, Xander would move out the way and simply help out. He could get kisses later.

care_less care_less

Karma had only rolled his at Xander's groaning. Instead of actually moving into a kiss like Xander had requested, the angel continued moving out of the door. Even in a relationship, the angel seemed to avoid too much physical contact. It wasn't out of disgust or dislike of the other, but he simply was never used to it. In both his birth and adopted family, being affectionate towards each other was a rarity. They had never said once aloud that they loved each other, nor did they hug or kiss their children when they would send them off. Not because no one had actually loved each other, but rather that it was a mutual feeling that no one thought necessary to continuously remind each other. So, it would make sense for Karma to act the same with Xander. It had also explained his awkwardness of when Xander did show him physical affection. He did not move much once his waist was held. He was like a statue, cold and frozen. Should he keep prepping the food? Should he say something? Lean back?

"What am I? Your housewife?" Karma asked jokingly to push off the imaginary tension in his brain. He felt relieved when Xander had finally released him. He loved him, but he still needed to take baby steps and the angel was much too shy to tell him that. When Xander began talking about his forms merging, he turned himself around to look at Xander directly. His eyes scanned his body as he thought for a moment. "Do you want that?" he asked in a suddenly serious voice. "I feel as though the word 'immortal' is inappropriate in this sense. To be immortal includes not being able to die, which I'm sure if someone really wanted to kill you, they'd find a way to do so. That's saying as if Lucifer or Michael or Gabriel were immortal, but there are ways to kill them. The inability to age however, is a different story." Karma stopped for a second or two as he tried to search for a good way to phrase his question. In a way that would not sound too harsh or pushing. "I'm sure your demon-self has already experienced a long life, but would you want to continue existing like that?"

He allowed his question to linger in the air. There was no rush to it. He had already guessed what Xander's answer would be, but he decided to ask it anyways. It was finalizing Xander's decision to become a full-fledged demon again. He knew that if he had the option now to either stay as a human or become an angel, Karma would've chosen a human life without a second doubt. The insanity of being something greater than himself was exhausting and tearing down his mental psyche. Most days he wondered if being an angel of God was even worth it, so he wanted to make sure that Xander would still be happy as a demon as he was a human. He was about to reach for the refrigerator until he heard Xander mention his parents. Karma stopped, but did not turn around. "No, go ahead," he said calmly. He then continued to grab the fridge's handle. He opened it to find that there was indeed nothing for him to make pancakes or bacon with. No matter. He closed the fridge door, but kept his hand on the handle. It took a moment or two until something finally started to happen. The small space between the handle and his palm began to emit a brilliant white light. Karma waited patiently, then opened the fridge again. Now the nearly empty refrigerator was completely filled with food. Fresh fruits, vegetable's, more eggs and milk, yogurt, and meats stuffed the shelves. Including a bowl of refrigerated pancake batter ready to be used. As much as he wanted to be a human, being able to summon things at hand was a neat trick to have.

"You can start with the omelets when you're ready," Karma said as if he did not summon a miniature grocery market in Xander's fridge. He grabbed a pan, sprayed a non-stick butter, turned on the stove top, and got to work. That was until he was pulled from his cooking by Xander, who had been asking for a kiss. Karma felt frozen. What should he do? It was difficult for him to push towards something he was not prepared for, especially another kiss. Last time, he did it purely because the moment felt right. And now, the angel did not want to push his luck. "Maybe later..." Karma said as he slid out of Xander's hold. He was praying that Xander would not get offended or upset for his temporary rejection. He needed time. "I still have to return to Heaven tonight, so I'll leave around seven and I'm unsure of when I'll be returning," he says quickly as a way of switching the subject.

Xander laughed at the joke. "Wish you were, that'd mean we were married~" He grinned. At the question if he wanted his human and Demon side to merge he sighed. "Not... sure. I like being human, my human parents are fun, humans are free, they live how they want. I like that. I like that freedom. And its not as though I have much to gain becoming a full demon again, I'm not allowed back home and I don't want to go back there even if I was allowed." He mused. "Besides, I don't remember much of my past, who I was is completely different to who I am now. I'm sure of that much at least. Thelvik lived a long life, but I think he died when he was banished. Xander here, on the other hand... well, if living a long life doesn't seem too bad if you're there with me." He smiled, soft and so very in love. "But if you were human, I would reject my demon side in a heartbeat, because that would mean living the rest of my life without you." He grinned.

He couldn't help but shake his head in sad amusement. How did he know that Karma wanted to know, even if it causes more mental pain and anguish. He wondered how he was going to say it all anyway, and he watched as Karma basically summon a whole grocery market in his fridge. The hell? He chuckled, of course Karma had something like that. Perfect house-wife material. Xander pouted, but didn't whine or complain about it. Take it slow, he had to remind himself. Slow and steady was the way to Karma's heart. He nodded, allowing the Angel his space back. He did pout, at the mention of Karma leaving. "Awh, but then I'll have to be without you though." He whined, getting some eggs to make omelettes. He went quiet before sighing. Might as well rip it off like a bandaid he supposed. "If you're sure you wanna know now, I'll tell you." He said, inhaling to steel himself.

"The Demons who possess your parents... you're not going to like what they said." He said, turning to Karma. "I asked why they were there, and the one that was willing to talk said that they were told to be there. Not a Demon and not a human, so they thought it was a powerful Angel, came to them and told them that they could live if they did as they were told. They wern't sure why but they were told to possess the three older humans and corrupt the youngest, as a test for the boy who was to be left alone. If they succeeded, they would be allowed to have the childs soul." He explained. "I then made sure that they were actually telling the truth, because even I'm not stupid enough to belive a demon to tell the truth, but well, they were either a very good liar or that was the whole truth. And I'm pretty sure its hard to lie when you're in enough agony." He mused. He then sighed, scatching his cheek in a way of showing his nerves. "I have a theory, a guess, but it... doesn't look good. I didn't wanna tell because... I didn't want you to be upset... or have a breakdown over it. Knowing you it'll go one of two ways, and I wanted to try and mitigate any damage." He rambled, but shut his mouth when he realised he was.

"You... doing okay?" He asked, gently. he reached out to tentitivly touch the Angel's arm. He could predict 3 outcomes to this, Karma would bottle it all up and it'll spill out later explosively, Karma will breakdown here and now beacause everything is happening all at once and its too much, Or karma is going to not believe him and get angry at him for lying. The last one, while unlikely, was his biggest fear of happening, which was why he was being delicate and as gentle as he could now. "If... if you need a hug, I'm right here. Hell, I'm even willing to be used as a punching bag if you need it." He smiled, trying his best to be as comforting but normal as he could be. The best way to describe it, if he had to, would be 'Dumbass but soft' rather than just normal 'dumbass'.

care_less care_less

Karma cracked a smile at Xander's comment of being married. He knew that it was most likely not possible. He has never heard of a demon and an angel getting married and living out a peaceful life without the interference of Heaven or Hell. In fact, the angel was sure that there was a rule somewhere permitting them to do so. It was more targeted towards a male and female relationships to keep the number of demon/angel hybrids to a minimum, but he was still unsure if the couple would fall into that category. Karma had hoped not, for he did not want to fall from Heaven. If he had not been chosen to be Heaven's weapon, he most likely would have fallen the moment he realized he loved Xander. Following Heaven's overly strict guidelines was not ideal, and was a pain in the ass to obey. But because Heaven's Garrison had wanted to ensure Karma's loyalty (and enhance his abilities beyond the average angel), they had modified his body with divine magic. It was like a silent threat that kept Karma in check. If he were to disobey and fall, or try to become human, the divine magic would be sucked away from him and make the poor angel impaired. He could tell that to Xander, but he did not want the other to worry or get more pissed at Heaven and Michael than he already was. It was also why he would have preferred if Xander would remain human. If not, he might consider risking his health just to become human and remain safe with Xander.

Hearing Michael's involvement with his family's insured death only made him think about falling more. The angel grew silent, leaving only the sound of the pancake batter sizzling on the hot pan. It was an eerie silence. The type that suffocates a room, and engulfs any person inside. His eyes were staring at the cooking batter with a sense of emptiness behind it. Everything felt fake. His relationships, this house, the food he was cooking. He knew that it was irrational. What he had with Xander and Bella was real. But now he was second guessing himself. Did Michael put him in a human family in this exact neighborhood because he wanted Karma to develop a relationship with a human and a demon? Was this all a test? Was his entire world fake? "Did you think I couldn't handle that type of information?" he asked in a low voice. His tone did not hold anger or edge. It was flat and unmoving. It lacked emotion. It lacked warmth. His back remained turned towards Xander. He should not get upset with him, for he was only a messenger. None of this was his fault, but Michael's and the other angels. But he couldn't help but to feel something negative towards him.

"Do you think I'm weak?"

The pair were lucky that Bella had finally ran downstairs, or else the conversation might have escalated. She had worn her navy blue and white uniform dress, along with a pair of white stockings that covered up what little bit her legs had shown. Just a typical young school girl attire. She ran with her school backpack already on her back which made a loud jingling as the bag rubbed against the fabric of her back. It was an alert that the child was now present, and the two would have to stop their adult conversation immediately. Karma turned around and put on a light smile as Bella climbed up on the dinning table chairs. "You've got all your books and homework?" Karma asked. Bella responded with a frown. "I forgot to finish studying for my spelling quiz. Now I'm going to get a bad grade." Instead of getting upset with Bella for not studying for the test earlier, he kept his peace. "Well why don't you start studying while I make breakfast."

Bella nodded and dug her small hand through her backpack. Pulling out a list of fifteen words from her pink folder, she got up from her chair and moved towards the kitchen. Seeing as her brother was busy, she looked up to Xander. "Can you help me practice for my test please?" she asked, giving the demon puppy eyes as a way to persuade him.

Xander grew increasingly worried when Karma went silent, barely responsive. He was going to ask if he as alright again, when Karma spoke, almost emotionless. Xander felt dread well up inside of him, ah, so it was that kind of situation. Too much information causing a shut-down of processing emotions. If he were to use his understanding of normal human behaviour, this would go one fo two ways, explosive anger or explosive tears. aka, a fight or a breakdown is coming and he was oging to have to do damage control. That was, of course, if Karma followed the normal pattern of human behaviour. There is a chance of Karma simply shutting off and refusing to process anything and bottle it all up, or doing something that Xander couldn't think of right at this moment. Either way he started the mess, curse his impulsive behaviour, so he was oging to have to do clean up no matter how the cluff tumbled.

"If I thought you were weak, I wouldn't have mentioned your parents in the first place. I wanted to tell you, you deserve to know, but even you have to admit that your mental state isn't exactly on point and stable with two breakdowns in two days." He said, tone gentle and obviously not wanting to start a fight or an argument, but at the same time, firm and confident in his words. "Its been stressful for you recently, I wanted to relieve you of it as much as possible." He added, his tone getting more and more hushed as Bella came in, fully clothed and looking as adorable as ever.

He grinned at the 8 year old, allowing himself to be pulled ot the table. He wasn't cooking, since his omelettes took 5 minutes he wanted to wait a bit, and was very willing to help bella out with craming. "Okay so first off, accept that you're not going to ace the test. Trust me from someone who only just passed school, cramming doesn't work. But, grades arn't everything no matter who says otherwise, so one or two tests shouldn't be too bad. Just don't make it a habit." He scolded gently, smiling showing that he wasn't mad. If anything he thought it was amusing. "Now, onto ways to memorise. Iknow of two ways, one which is a lot more time consuming but effective, and one that worked for me." He explained, taking a word. "Lets use weather an an example. My way, would be to break it up into simple words 'We-at-her' to spell it. The effective way would be to copy, cover and check. You take the word, weather, copy it out, cover the word, and try to re-write it. you then check, and if you got a letter wrong, you re-do it by remembering your mistake. Its time consuming, but it is effective." He rambled on, using a spare peice of paper to explain visually. He remembered something he saw on the internet, how that 'treating kids as grownups' is better than treating them as actual children, so he tried to adopt that mentality. "So, any questions?" he asked, an easy smile.

Even though Xander was helping Bella, he couldn't help but think about Karma, and how he was handling things. The Angel was quiet, but seeing how Karma was before, the quiet wasn't good. At this point, he wondered if he would prefer Karma to get upset at him over being quiet and almost rejective of him. Oh... yeah, he's... pretty sure he would much rather Karma be angry at him, no matter how scary the Angel was, over silently rejecting him. A Ball of worry and anxiety slowly knawed at his chest, his heart, as he helped bella with any questions she had. He did, eventually get up. "I know Karma's making you pancakes, but you did never get my omelette, and Karma promised you a feast didn't he?" He asked with a grin. "But shoot any questions though, I'm willing to help even if I'm not right next to you." He offered, making his way to the grill. There were two cooking areas in his kitchen, a large one that mum often took the helm of, and a smaller area that was essencially his space. Mostly because the Kitchen was mums domain, she was often cooking or doing something with the cooker, so a smaller cooking area has been installed for him, who liked to cook and practice.

So he naturally made his way to his small area, starting up the pan greased with butter and started frying. He answeed any question Bella threw at him, turning so that he was still half-facing bella and the table while also able to keep an eye on the omelete. Not wanting to over-fill Bella, he purposely made a smaller, but still fluffy and full, omelette for the younger girl, pating it up almost at the same time Karma was done with the pancakes. "How that for timing, ey?" He asked, winking at bella. He then proceeded to make Karmas, which he made a little bit more fluffier and spicier as a small way to apologise to Karma. He personally didn't feel hungry, his nerves getting the better of him and making him want to run around or do something with his sword. But he ate whatever Karma made for him, even if he ate small bites and purposely focused more on Bella who was still trying to study while eating.

care_less care_less

Karma did not spare Xander even a glance when he responded. He was not the one to continue arguing, so he stopped himself there. His eyes stayed fixated on his cooking to avoid any annoyed stares towards the demon. Despite what the other was probably thinking, he wasn't angry with Michael at all. It was one gift (or a curse depending on how you look at it) that most angels had that Karma was grateful for. The ability to forgive. It was practically impossible for anyone to truly upset him to the point of hatred. However, it was very difficult for him to forget. So he had tried to ignore it until he found a better way to approach the situation. That was what Karma was doing now. He would keep himself silent until he felt confident that he would not start a conversation without becoming upset.

When Xander told Bella the wise advice of how to pass her test, the young girl listened carefully. She was a smart girl, but her natural intelligence and mental quickness was not on her brother's level. She had never mentioned it to Karma, but she had felt a small pressure on her to be as good as him. He had never failed a test or assignment, never received below and eighty percent, and seemed to be perfect at everything academic related. Bella had looked up to him and tried to strive for the same achievements, but someone who was only slightly above average mental power found doing so was still difficult. Knowing that there was someone just like her was comforting. She grabbed a piece of lined paper from her book-bag, along with a bright green pencil, and began to work. "Thank you Xan-Xan!" she said as she smiled at him. He had helped her in more ways than just this spelling test. Now she had someone other than Karma to go to for advice.

As the girl continued to study, Karma was just wrapping up his cooking. Bella grew excited at the thought of trying Xander's omelette and once again thanked him. When Karma had finished, he brought the pancakes over in a stack so all three of them could take as many as they pleased. His eyes did not meet Xander's once. Just before they could eat, Bella did offer to say grace, but Karma had declined quickly. He did not know the effect it would have on Xander, and did not want to risk hurting him. Bella did not seem to mind much, and dug into her food. Fifteen minutes or so later, it was time for the siblings to leave. Bella had finished her food, and thanked Xander by giving him yet another hug. Growing up with someone who enjoyed physical touch as much as she did was a relief, which was another reason why she had loved visiting Xander. Pulling on her black school shoes, she waved to Xander goodbye. "Have a nice day!" she said enthusiastically. Behind her was Karma, who did not speak to Xander once. He walked out the door and did not look back.

Karma had been quick, just as he had promised earlier. He dropped Bella off at school, wished her luck and watched her gather in her friend group as she entered the building, and returned back in twenty minutes. When he did, it was coincidentally the exact same time that the police were now completely surrounding his house. He rolled his eyes as he parked the car in Xander's driveway. This was not going to be fun. He stepped out of the vehicle and began heading over to his home. It would have looked suspicious if he didn't. He put on a look of confusion (which was genuine for he was puzzled on how they were had arrived so quickly without anyone being inside of the house), and walked up to the officers in a hurried fashion. "What's going on?" he asked in a worried tone. "Sir, you need to step back. Unless you are a family member-" Before the officer could even finish his sentence, Karma cut him off quickly. "That's my house! Where are my parents? Are they in there?!" The officer gave the boy a troubled look, for he knew that delivering this type of news was never easy. "Are you their son?"
"Yes! My name's Karamatt Bion-why does it matter? What's going on?"
The officer pointed his finger upwards as he spoke into his radio. It was some sort of code that Karma did not fully understand, but assumed that it was to call his supervisor up. It only took a few minutes before two other men had arrived to the front of the house. "This is the victims' middle child?" the tallest man of the two asked, which Karma happily interrupted. "Yes I am, now can you tell me what's going on?"

"I'm sorry to be the one to deliver this news, but your parents along with your brother, were killed last night."
Karma stopped for a moment to take it in. He already knew this, but couldn't risk seeming suspicious. As long as they did not ask too many questions, he would be alright. "Wh-What?" he stuttered out in an airy tone, as if he might faint at any moment. "We're so sorry for your lost. It appears to have been a break-in, but we are still unsure of the details." It was not difficult to manufacture tears to well up in his eyes. There was still a bit of baggage that held hostage of the back of his mind that worked perfectly for this type of situation. He kept his eyes locked on something distant to make it look as if he spaced out. He knew that he had done it a good amount of times whenever something had reminded him of his early childhood trauma, so he wanted to imitate a real enough reaction for the officers to believe him. "We would like to bring you to the precinct with us to ask you some questions, so it would be great if you'd allow us to escort you." Karma blinked and brought his hand over his mouth. He faked a small quiver of his hand as he nodded slowly. "Yeah...yeah that's fine. Can I just go grab my boyfriend? He was with me all night next door with my baby sister. He's my rock, and I don't know if I can..." his voice cracked, so he turned his head out of embarrassment. For a creature who was incapable of lying, he was putting on a good show. The detective nodded as he patted the angel's shoulder. "Of course.Take your time. We'll be ready when you are."

Karma nodded again and hurried off towards Xander's house. He opened the front door and rubbed his face. Boy was acting exhausting. "The police are out front and they want to question us," he said flatly. "I'm not sure if I'll make it through their interrogation if they begin asking where I was, or anything to do with when I last saw Eric. I might accidentally confess."

Bella seemed a lot more happier, and a lot more determined in a way. He was sure that she could get a healthy upbringing that wasn't being effected by demons trying to get her soul or by Angels trying to test her older brother. She could live a much more happier life. He smiled, petting her on the head. "It will always be my pleasure, Bella." He said, genuine. It would always be hard to say no to Bella, so if she asked for help, he would help in a heart beat! Food cooked, He served it much to Bellas excitement and laughed at the thanks. "Glad you can enjoy it." He smiled, pleased. When Karma served his pancakes, He managed to get Karma's and his own omelette done at the same time, so while Karma was serving the pancakes with plates to put on each, Xander gave him a plate of omelette. halfed, but a lot more fluffier. He notieced how Karma didn't even look at him and tried to keep his own emotions from showing on his face, trying to keep up his normal, peppy, up-beat personality that everyone knew, specifically the Xander that Bella knew.

Ah, he must have really fucked up. Karma was mad at him, wasn't he? If they get any chance to be alone, he wont be for much longer, since Xander was going to snuggle Karma and pamper him as a way to say sorry, while also having a proper chat. But until then, Than Angel can let himself stew since they couldnt' talk now with Bella there. Once everyone had eaten their fill, and the two youngest were getting ready to go. He let out an 'oomph' when Bella hugged him, but chuckled and bent down picking her up to hug her properly. "Ah, you're too cute Bella!" He complained, swinging her aorund gently. HE did put her down so she can go to school, and waved trying to not look at Karma because he knew that he would just look like a 'sad kicked puppy' if he did. He only knew what he looked like on accounts of mum poking fun at him when he looked upset. "Have a safe trip! Be good at school Bella!" He called out, grinning as they left and shutting the door when they wern't in view. He looked at the mess in the kitchen. Right, time to clean.

Cleaning was easy, barely even 5 minutes, and when that was done he had no Idea when Karma would get back. He huffed a sigh and brought out his sword, testing it out. it was familiar at least. through the one-way curtains that allowed him to see out but not out to see in, he saw police cars pulling up and he sighed. Already? He ignored it though, his mum was the one who was likely to snoop and figure out what was going on, only to relay it later on in the day. He was either working, in his room playing games, or cooking. He didn't really care much for what was happening. He heard a car being parked in the dive and he let his sword dematerialise. Right, let the show begin. He grabbed his phone, playing a simple game that was mildly entertaining and waited for Karma to come in, which he didn't have to wait too long, since Karma came in, looking tired already. He sat up and took Karma's hand. "I did offer to do it all by myself last night you know." He reminded gently. "But alright, I'll come with. Someone has to keep you from getting yourself into trouble." He grinned.

Xander then sighed, more amused rather than annoyed. "We'll never get any private time, will we? We wanted to see how well I can fight, and see if I can fly. But now we have so many more things happening." He sighed, almost dramatically. "I'm doomed to never have free time with my boyfriend." He pouted, unable to supress his urge to be slightly dramatic. his pout turned into a smile though, lifting up their connecting hand and kissing Karmas fingers that interlocked with his own. "But, I will endure it for you~" He added a cheeky smile. "Now come on, lets get this over with so we can have our freetime back!" He grinned, making a move to the door. "Oh, any ideas on what you're going to say? If they ask what you were doing last night, you could just, look away and I can say that we were making out the entire night~" He grinned almost teasingly, but schooled his face to look more softer and gentle. "So am I follwoing your lead or you?" He asked, curious.

care_less care_less

God did Xander make it difficult to stay upset with him. He had planned to continue giving him the silent treatment unless he needed to speak. He wasn't going to look at him, touch him, or even get that close to him. Karma should have known better. Xander was impossible to ignore for long. He rolled his eyes when Xander grabbed his hand to show annoyance, despite the corners of his lips moved upwards to hint at a small smile. Last night he had forgotten that Xander had insisted on cleaning after him and his sister. Karma had just been so anxious that staying still was not an option. He shrugged his shoulders when Xander reminded him that this could have been easier if he had just allowed Xander to take care of the demons by himself. But he did not regret it. If he did not take part, Karma would have lived the rest of his life wondering why he allowed someone else to do his dirty work. He did not want to die thinking about the things he should have done, so he did not apologize for making the situation more difficult. All he could do now was play with the cards that he was dealt with.

He had thought about what he was going to tell the police, for he could only speak the truth. His story would be simple. He had dinner with his family at seven, returned to Xander's home an hour later with his younger sister, watched a movie, cleaned up the house then went to bed. He suspected that they would also question Bella after her school day, so his story would match up easily with her's, along with Xander's. The only problem was any specific questions that would get him in trouble. Questions like:

Did you have any reason to harm your parents?
Do you know anyone who wanted to kill your family?
Did you have a complicated relationship with your brother or parents?
Did you kill your brother?

Karma was hoping that these type of questions would not come up, but it would have been naïve of him to thinking that the detectives wouldn't ask such questions. "I'm not sure how far I can get without telling them the truth," he says as he adjusted his glasses. "I suppose the best option would be to knock them unconscious and erase their memories if it had came to such, but then we would loop back to the same issue..." Karma thought for a moment before remembering that his boyfriend was a demon. The prince of Hell at that. He should be more than capable of making them believe that the two were innocent and allowed them to go about their merry way. Just before they had left the house, he turned to Xander and stopped at the door. He knew that they should hurry out before the police could suspect anything, but this wasn't necessarily something he could mention in front of them. "How good are you at mind manipulation?" he asked. "We just head over the the detectives and you force them to believe that we did nothing wrong, then there is no need for us to go to the police department."

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos (sorry about how short it is :( )

Xander felt most of his underlying anxiety of Karma hating him dissipate when Karma didn't pull away, rolling his eyes and even trying to hide a small smile that Xander caught anyway. The angel was still probably upset at him, but that was fine. he would rather take an upset Karma, even an angry Karma, over a Karma that hated him. angry Karma was still scary, but he would rather tussle and calm down an Angry Karma than trying to make Karma like him if he hated him. Besides they still had stuff to talk about, but that was fine. Communication was key in a relationship and they wil have that talk eventually. Sooner if possible, but later if not. Either way it will happen, they just had to get past this one obstacle first. Shouldn't take too long, and if they were lucky, they would have an hour or two before Bella got released from school.

At the question, Xander chuckled sheepishly. "Aha, uh, funny story that. So uh, you know how... I can turn invisible? well I'm not. That... by technicality, thats mind manipulation. And I'm... adept at it..." He looked away, almost ashamed. "I realised early on that... Messing with the mind was a lot more easier than fighting them, and I adjusted accordingly. I can make people think things are there, think things arn't there, hear what I want them to hear, see what I want them to see, all that Jazz." He sighed. "I don't get the chance to use it, I'm confident in my abilities, but if it doesn't go exactly the way we want... you're at least prepared." He explained. He wasn't... fully aware of what he could do, but he knew that he was always confident in a fight, because he used mind trickery to his advantage if a fight even started to not go in his direction.

He sighed, ageed none the less, leaving the house with Karma in tow, walking up to the detectives. The street was empty, and both detectives were there. He focused on what he wanted, he could trick the eyes, he could trick the ears, and thus, trick the brain into firmly believing. He smiled, charming and disarmingly, the guards of both detectives were at an alltime low. "Hello there detectives..." He said, his voice full of power he wasn't even aware he had. "Neither Karamatt Bion or I, Alexander Chase, had anythignt o do with the murder of the Bion Family. Is that understood? There is no reason to suspect us, nothing can incriminate us, you have no reason to take us into questioning." He said, a command. But to anyone who was affected by his magic would think of it as a pleasant suggestion. the Detectives looked confused but then smiled, nodding.

"of course, the pair of you seem like very good young men. We'll leave you to enjoy the rest of your day. And We're sorry for you loss, lad." Both of them bid farewell, and Xander smiled cheerfully, waving goodbye, and lightly guiding Karma into the house where he relaxed and let a look of shock pass over his face. "That worked??? That... actually worked? Holy shit, I didn't think that would actually work." He said, disbelievingly. He relaxed a bit, running a hand through his hair. Right okay then, that was out of the way now, he turned to Karma with an almost waiting smile. "You ready to have an indepth talk about everything? You willing to do what couples, hell normal friends do, and communicate? Like adults? Now that we have some free time?" He asked, almost pleaded. He wasn't teasing in the slightest, but he knew that Karma liked to bottle things up, so tyring to pry open the lid with questions was his best bet.

care_less care_less (Thank god I saved my work before the site crashed lmao)

In a sort of messed up way, Karma wasn't surprised that Xander has already been using mind manipulation for a while now. He blamed it on his demonic self, for it must have been second nature to him. It was something he did not blame his boyfriend, but did not bother to speak more about it. He might have said something demeaning or unintentionally offensive. Karma still had the built-in mindset to hate all demons thanks to his angelic upbringing. It was so much easier to blame everything wrong with the world on something physical instead of blaming his own race. "Let's just be quick about it," he responded as he followed Xander back outside of his home. He was not completely thrilled with the idea that Xander would be manipulating the minds of a few humans. If he was anyone else, Karma would have killed him before they could get close enough to do so. Yet there was really nothing else they could do. At least in this way, no one would get hurt and Bella would not get as traumatized by getting questioned by the police. It was bad enough she lost her parents and older brother. Karma convinced himself that this was the right thing to do.

Once they had stepped back out of the house, Karma put his sad puppy face back on. His steps behind Xander were sluggish as his head was lowered. He played the victim card well, but he did not try to communicate more to the police than he already needed to. He knew that interfering would have only gotten in Xander's way. So he remained silent until the two were let free. He had to admit, it was almost unbelievable how easy the detectives had fallen for it. Sure, there was demonic magic involved. But if Karma was an outsider looking in, you would have never believed that Xander was a demon manipulating their minds. It was almost terrifying. When the policeman had gave him his condolences once more, Karma nodded, waved goodbye, and followed Xander back into his home. At in instant, he gave out a long sigh. He was glad it was over. The angel pulled off his shirt, allowed his wings to spring out again, and moved to lay down on the couch. He was still very much exhausted from the night before and was looking forward to a much needed nap.

He had closed his eyes for a moment until Xander began speaking. He opened only his left eye to look at him. He had never brought this up to Xander, but he had incredible vision only in his left eye. It was modified when he was younger to allow him to be the perfect sharpshooter. It was much like the eye of a Hawk, and it had allowed him to see a little over a kilometre away without his vision becoming blurred. His other eye however, was absolutely terrible. Hence why he still had glasses. He looked Xander up and down at his question. They needed to talk? What for? Then he remembered the instant from earlier and chuckled to himself. He would rather move on from the subject and pretend it had never happened, but he knew Xander wouldn't have let that slide. So he sighed, then closed his eye again. "There's nothing wrong, Xander. I just wished you would have told me sooner, that's all. I wasn't upset with you, I was only coping. I don't like speaking when I'm upset, you know that. I was trying not to say anything unkind to you. It wasn't your fault and I know that. I didn't want to shout at you for something you had no control over. That's not fair to you."

The angel, as tired as he was, forced himself to sit up straight so he could look at Xander properly. "My biggest pet peeve is being over-protected. I can handle getting that sort of information. I know you want me to be safe and okay, but I would rather you tell me things the moment you learn of it than waiting. It's better for me to deal with that all at once versus me getting better, just to get tore down again. I appreciate you looking out for me, but don't hesitate next time, yeah?" Karma stood himself up again. He gave out a short yawn, then smiled as he headed towards the back door. "You said you wanted to learn how to fly, right? I can teach you before we get interrupted again. I remember you mentioned that your wings hurt when you let them out? I'm seventy-three percent sure that they'll hurt less once you use them more often. They've been cramped up for years. It would be no surprise that they hurt."

Xander smiled, looking and feeling much more relieved to know that Karma isn't upset at him any more. And then explained why he got upset, Xander nodded un understanding. "I get it, I'm sorry. I didn't want to cause another breakdown, since Bella was still here, and I'm not 100% on all your triggers. I doubt you wanted Bella to see you have a panic attack and/or breakdown at breakfast. I wasn't sure if that information would be a trigger or not, so I wanted to be careful. I'm sorry." He apologised, looking more upset that he caused Karma to be upset. he nodded to the suggestion or not hesitating, thinking that unless Karma was having an active panic or breakdown, he would simply tell the guy straight. "I promise that I'll tell you next time. And... thanks for not being angry with me. Just because I'm a powerful demon, doesn't mean I'm not the same dumbass you've known for 15 years." He grinned, before moving and hugging Karma, absorbing the comfort that a one sided hug can give.

He looked up at Karma who then suggested flying. "Don't you wanna nap though? After everything, I think we're both kind of tired." He suggested with a chuckle. He certainly did, and he was pretty sure Karma felt exhausted as well. But flying was a good idea though, would come in handy to know how to fly, in 'just-in-case' situations. He contemplated for a moment, before he took of his top, letting his own wings come out. Feeling the tingling sensation from before, he made a slight grimace. "Its not that they hurt, its more that they're constantly feel like there were pins and needles where they connect at the skin. But only when they're out. They don't hurt to keep in." He explained, his feathered yet leathery wings stretching out a bit. "But you are right, I never have them out. When i was younger, I was always watched so I couldn't have them out even if I wanted to, but when I grew up, I guess I just forgot how to manifest. I figured it out recently though." He hummed. He looked at his wings, looking sleek and almost elegant despite the weird disconnect between leathery-wings and skeletal base, and sleek-looking feathers.

It was if you took the wings of a swan, and made them more bat-shaped, and coloured the feathers black. he ran a hand through them, humming at the feeling. He vaugely remembered his smallest brother, young and curious, grabbing at his wings completely enamoured. He smiled to himself, remembering the look of pure joy and fascinationthat was on his brothers face as he allowed his younger brother to play with the feathers, reminding the younger to be careful. His younger brothers wings were small, a bunch of feathers poking out and slowly growing year after year. Unable to fly, but could easily glide, his brother was so happy, despite how tense and solumn his house was. He carded a hand through his feathers again, remembering his his mother would help massage his wings when they were still growing and aching, humming a tune to keep him calm. He was so young then, only a mere child. He blinked back to the present with a shake of his head. He was glad that his wings only held happy memories, unsure what he'd do if they held uphappy memories. Though he was curious as to why he never remembers his brothers of father.

"Alright, teach me how to fly." He smiled, walking into the backgarden. Inhaling to focus his energy, he made it so that they were both invisible to anyone but themselves. He didn't want to cause a panic after all. He stretched, his wings spreading out catching the sun. the Sun was high enough to just be above the house, so that the suns rayz would still hit the garden, and thus his wings. He looked at his wing, the feeling foreign... but nice. He smiled, a hum leaving his throat as he let his wings bask in the sunlight, almost like a cat soaking in heat. He looked back to Karma with a small grin. "So teach, how does one fly?" He asked, cheekily.

care_less care_less

Karma could not hold back the smile once Xander wrapped his arms around him. He found it increasingly more difficult to hate physical touch now that he no longer needed to hide his feelings for him. Still, it something he needed to get used to. Which was why he would usually move away if the contact had lasted more than fifteen seconds. At least he could tell that he was improving.

Xander was right, Karma was in dire needed of some rest after his stressful morning. The thought of cozying up in a warm bed besides Xander was rather appealing and almost made the angel call off the flying lesson. But he knew that pushing this off even more would not have done either of the two any good. For one, they were now under the eyes of both other angels and demons. It was best if Xander had remembered how to use his abilities completely would be useful if something unforeseen happened. And two, Karma would hate to act so lazy during a weekday. He tried to avoid as much sinful practices as he could, one of which being slothful. So he shook his head and pushed away Xander's concerns. "I can sleep when we get back," he tried to assure him. "This shouldn't take us more than thirty minutes." He led the demon outside by his hand. It was a small gesture that the angel didn't even noticed he had done every so often. It was almost like second nature. When they had stood in Xander's backyard, Karma squinted his eyes as he looked around the bright sky. The weather was beautiful. There was a bit of wind with no clouds and a temperature that would make one feel comfortable to go out with a t-shirt and shorts.

Karma didn't seem satisfied. If it was an easy cool breeze on the ground, it must have been freezing up in the sky. Angels and demons were known opposites. The majority of demons were raised in the pits of Hell, so their bodies were resistant against the heat. With angels, they were raised in the clouds of Heaven and were well adjusted against the cold. He knew that Xander was in a human body, but he had mentioned the merging of his demon form with his human one. So he was wondering if flying would have been too much for Xander to take. He eventually shrugged off the concern. If Xander had felt uncomfortable, he had trusted that he would tell him. After all, they did just have a conversation about communicating with each other. But then his mind had found a new concern. Learning to fly from ground-level was extremely difficult if you had never flown before. Karma knew that this was technically not Xander's first time flying, but he would rather avoid having Xander frustrated after a few tries from flying straight from the ground. "This was a mistake," Karma said bluntly. His eyes were now looking for someplace high enough for the two to start their lesson. His first thought was Xander's house, but he dismissed that rather quickly. If he were to have Xander fall, he would only have a couple of seconds before his body would crash onto the pavement. He wanted to give Xander enough time to think first. Then his mind went to a church. It would give him the perfect height, but Xander would most likely get covered in third degree burns and accidentally sent back to Hell.

Karma held his chin as he thought. There had to be a place that was high enough to jump from, keep the two from being seen, AND keep his demon boyfriend safe. He was quiet for a moment or two, then came the idea. An office building! Xander should be able to keep his form invisible, they would have the height they needed, AND Xander would not be in danger's way. His feathered wings twitched for a moment. A single black feather falling from the spot that Xander had touched a few days ago. "Grab on to me tightly," he commanded suddenly. His voice was stern and cold, but it was not his intention. Once Xander had done so, Karma wrapped his arms around his waist, then a great force thrusted the couple upwards. To someone looking from the outside, it had seemed as if the two had jolted into the sky like a fast rocket. But to them, it was like fall from a high building in reverse. The air pressure made one know that they were moving fast, but time seemed to slow down. He had tightened his grip onto Xander to make sure the other wouldn't fall, then began heading towards the city, His white hair had been pushed away from his face completely and showed its structure in its entirety. His jawline had never been to sharp, but it was present enough to keep his face from being round. It was almost triangular, yet not too slender to make him look thin. His pale green eyes were focused and concentrated. Karma had a much tighter grip than one might have suspected, but his fear of the other falling was what he was concentrating on the most. He had only looked down once at Xander, just make sure he wasn't going to puke or have a heart attack. "You're not going to pass out on me right?" he asked jokingly.

For a ride that would have taken a thirty minute car ride, it was a little less than ten minutes before they had arrived to the city. Karma had spotted a high enough building quickly and landed on it's roof. He made sure to be gentle to keep Xander from breaking his ankles, then brought his feet gracefully onto the building. "This is better. I wanted to make sure you wouldn't injure yourself if I shoved you off," says Karma. One might have guessed he was joking, as anyone falling from this height would have surely plummeted to their death. But Karma's tone was serious and his lips did not once crack a smile. "This will be simple. You're going to stand at the edge, then I'll push you off without a warning. All you need to do is flap your wings. Don't do it too much or you'll die. But if you do it too little, you'll also die. Don't overthink it. Flying is an instinct. If you are in a life or death scenario, your instinct will come in. Then, you'll have the skill with you forever. Oh, and before I forget, remember to make yourself invisible. We can't have any humans causing a fuss down there." Karma walked over towards the edge of the building and looked down at the people below them. Perhaps it would have been best to do this at night.

"As far as I know, this is how all winged-creatures learn to fly. I'm not just trying to be a dick to you. But I won't rush you. Go to the edge when you're ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back