• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts

fin

"all i do is finesse, man."
HOLLYWOOD ARTS
"Only the best for the future stars."
CHARACTERS
OUT OF CHARACTER
IN CHARACTER
SCROLL!
PLOT
Hollywood Arts. A dangerous new direction in the music industry. Some see the school as an insult to true arts, while others see it as an innovation of the future. Criticism or not, Hollywood Arts had done its job and more in producing, marketing, and preparing its students for a profession in arts. The school was founded by Stardom CEO, Dearra Starr, in 2016.

Asides from paying the hefty $15,000 admission, Hollywood Arts extends scholarships to freshmen and accept the first 300 to accept. Broken down, 60 students are admitted to:
1. Literature - poetry, drama, story, etc.
2. Visual - painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.
3. Plastic - modelling, fashion, etc.
4. Music - vocals, instruments, producing, etc.
Dance - hip-hop, break, tap, acro, ballet, contemporary, lyrical, etc.

The "Hollywood Arts Roleplay" focuses on members of the Music Department (though opportunities for outside characters may rise). In 2016, the Highschool initially did begin with only the Music Department which continues to be its most successful faction. Like any other department in the school, H.A.'s music department is given a large allowance, used to provide top-level professors, resources, and money to spend on events/venues. Though the school does provide American standard curriculum, and athletics, its focus will always be on the Arts and preparing those interested for the next level.

This will follow the ups, downs, turmoils, relationships and hardships that come with an opportunity like Hollywood Arts, as well as the various walks of life that pass through the school.

First and second-year students are able to live at a school-owned apartment, while juniors and seniors are responsible for their living situations. This is because, with the way H.A. works, the students are able to profit off of any of their performances, songs released, etc. Likewise, their guidance counselors double as managers if booking/student aid is ever needed. This is part of the reason why Hollywood Arts is so lucrative, and unlike student athletes, they face no restrictions on monetizing themselves. At the same time, the school is under constant fire for "slaving" out its students.

Individual shows have an average student pay of $1,500, while those selected for the Hollywood Arts Winter Tour would make $1,000 for every day of the tour (7 days).

The rp will begin in October, leading up to the Winter Tour.

RULES
NO.1 Let's try to be civilized in OOC. Drama IC does not have to translate to us.
NO.2 Characters may have opportunities to collaborate with other departments, but switching isn't an option.
NO.3 Buying into the school, or being offered late is possible.
NO.4 H.A. is a day school, and so students will have to get their own accomodation.
NO.5 Some of the students could be considered celebrities in their own right.
NO.6 H.A. is one of the most known schools in the nation. Due to this, the expulsion rate is very high. Nobody likes the bad press.
NO.7 Literacy is key! 2 paragraphs minimum, in third person.
NO.8 It's a High School rp, and so characters need to be of high school age.
NO.9 If you aren't respectful to me, or others in the rp, you will be kicked.
MISC
While the aforementioned link to Dearra Star is to my former Stardom rp, it is currently inactive. BUT! This rp is the continuation of something I've have in my mind for a very long time. A connected universe. And so similar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Lee Daniels' Star and Empire, and more franchises, Hollywood Arts is set in the same universe as my Stardom rp. It doesn't mean anything now, and might not ever mean anything in future, I'm just leaving it open in the case that the Stardom rp for whatever reason returns. This universe will coexist alongside it.

Also, I've got to pay my dues. This rp takes loads of inspiration from Glee, Star, and obviously Victorious (Hollywood Arts was where the cast attended). I really liked that idea, and hope to take a much darker, and dramatic feel handling drugs, sex, and the sort.

© pasta

Last edited:
giphy.gif

why must you always tempt me with good plots and the opportunity to write with you more!? 😭😛

Users who are viewing this thread

Back