• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Jace
INTERACTIONS

Calcium

MENTIONS

Mrs. Gen West, Evie, Eli

TAGS

hery hery

He blinked at Callum. He was listening as the other boy talked, but it wasn't easy to tell. Jace's gaze drifted away from him to focus on a tree behind Cal's head while the angry boy spoke. Fingers still tapped absently against his thigh, but even that wasn't enough to keep his mind clear enough to focus on what Callum was saying.

His gaze shot down to his phone laying on the table next to him. He stopped playing the tune against his leg and instead opened his phone back up, switching the app from YouTube to Spotify to pull up a playlist. Jace's finger swiped over the screen until he clicked the playlist he had in mind and then, with the music echoing in one ear, he turned his phone off and looked back at Callum. Now, now, with half of his brain occupied with the music, he could actually focus.

Nobody knows what you're going through.

Yep, that was good. Good music. His fingers went back to tapping against his thigh. His leg started to bounce up and down in rhythm to the music that echoed through his ears.

Jace nodded his head in agreement with Cal's words. "She-- she--... she probably told uhh... told Eli umm, if you said anything. You know... like... ahh... she tells him... everything. And, and, he would've ummm... told Gen... or she would've, and... you know how it is with her, yeah? Everyone..." his jaw closed for a moment and he exhaled heavily through his nose for a moment, his gaze focused on the food in front of him before he started to speak once again.

"And you know... everyone supports Gen..." Jace shook his head.

When Callum started talking about his breakup with his boyfriend, well... Jace didn't really know what to do. It sounded bad. Mean of Ash to not be there, but Jace didn't know how to respond. Did he just skip over it? Did he say sorry? Did he go "there, there" and give Callum an awkward pat on the shoulder or the arm? Jace wasn't well-versed in normal human interactions, let alone interactions that involved... oh... say... things such as comforting someone.

If he was supposed to do that.

Jace didn't know.

Jace pushed the remaining of the funnel cake across the table towards Callum as a silent offering. It was probably rude to not share and even though it was all Jace had wanted on arriving at this fair, he could share. He brushed the powder sugar off of his fingers against his pants, frowning at the white streaks.

"There is no loyalty..." he mumbled. "She's always crying over boys, anyway... always a new guy of the week, you know... that's why I ahh... I didn't wanna live with her this year... ummm... sick of it..." Jace absently brushed at the powder sugar on his jeans, trying to get the whiteness to fade away." Was he lying? A bit. But when Jace had heard that Nico and Ash broke up, he was glad that he'd ended up in his own apartment this year -- he couldn't handle her bringing home guys she was dating.

"What are you ahh... thinking? I know you said uhh... you said ahh... call her out, but umm... how are you gonna do that...? Without Gen or... or Evie or... anyone else jumping down your throat?" His gaze shifted from his jeans to look back at Callum again. "Calling her out over text or... in person...? If Gen hears and it's... it's in person... she'll kill you..."

And no, he wasn't joking.

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

- Location.
Dinner
- Tags.
Kordei ( fin fin ), Evie (Mentioned)
-Outfit.
Looking Good

Amy hated that stupid grin on his face. Well hate was a strong word, but she really really disliked it. Mostly because of how it made her feel. A piece of her felt that she'd let a piece of him win by even agreeing to sit down with him. It was irritating to say the least, but at this point she basically lived in a constant state of irritation when it came to him, so it's not shocking. She'd sat down in the booth he'd picked out a little way from the other two boys. She supposed this way at least their conversation could be more private, and perhaps then he'd show his true colors if there was no one to showboat for.

She'd turned her gaze to the window as he ordered for them both. She tried to pay for herself so it wouldn't look like...well like they were patching things up or whatever. Sure she knew the mature thing was to want to work things out...but a part of her was still to angry for that. A part of her wanted to hold onto this because she didn't want to forgive him. It sounds a little crazy probably, but she was afraid once the ager really was gone...she'd fall for him again and that was a road she didn't wanna go down. Looking like a fool twice? Nope. However of course he beat her to the punch, no help from their waitress.

The grin never left his face as she could feel his gaze on her. The moment he finally started speaking she couldn't help the instant eyes roll from him describing a memory that should've been a fond one. She remembered having a lot of fun that day honestly. One of her favorite dates because once they were alone, he was very sweet. When she didn't have to feel insecure in competing for his attention. But that was the thing wasn't it. The red flag she should've seen even back then...she shouldn't have to. Not when they were already together. Sure the talking phase understandable, but once the commitment was made and things were official. She shouldn't have had to be the one to tell them they needed to leave. He should've. Or he should've shut the girls down in a way they knew to stop...but he didn't. Why? Because he liked it, he liked the attention.

"Yeah, the place is similar, but that's where the similarities stop for me." She replied in the best nonchalant voice she could muster with a slight shrug of her shoulder, "If it's anything like last year the milkshakes aren't half as good.". She didn't wanna do this with him. She didn't wanna sit here and go down memory lane for...for what? To realize all the fucking red flags of his personality she ignored before? Ugh she was stupid actually thinking she was 'lucky' that he'd chosen to be with her. Out of all the little groupies. Now look at her.

Before she could question him on the point of all this, he finally got to it. He almost did it. He almost gave a solid apology, then he said he DIDN'T original feel sorry. Like what!? The fury that erupted inside her was maddening. Oh god was he lucky they were in a public area. Who does that? Who says 'hey I feel bad about cheating on you now that the girl I cheated on you with doesn't want me, but to be clear originally? No fucks were given.' That's how she took his sentiment, and in that moment she felt like there was nothing left. She thought about just getting up and leaving right then and there. food and drinks be damned because if he wasn't going to keep asking her about that stupid track and this was the best apology he could do? There was nothing left for her here.

But just as she was about to she instead swallowed hard and turned her gaze back towards him and spoke dangerously calm to him like the quite before a storm, "Feels shitty? Is that all you feel? If so I'm inclined to think Evie hasn't done nearly enough for it to relate to me." She folding her hands in front of her clasping firmly to keep her nerves steady, "Let me get this straight. You are comparing you being in a relationship with me, lying to my face, betraying me, breaking your loyalty to me by fucking your Ex to….Evie what? Being single and choosing to stand by someone other then you? That since Evie isn't showing you the amount of loyalty you think you deserve despite proving it's a level of loyalty you can't give to someone yourself, that the pain you feel from that is similar to the pain I feel right now? Please make it make sense Dei. Please explain to me where the betrayal is?"

She bit her lip softly as her gaze fell from him to her own hands when his gaze left hers. He really did believe that. he cared so much for Evie that a simple rejection, not even a total one was enough to hurt him enough to feel vulnerable enough to realize it's trash to treat people like they don't matter. That's what it took? Fuck her and how she felt, no Evie doesn't want me, so I must've fucked up. "Are you only apologizing because of her? Cause it might help you with her or something? Is this even a real apology if that's the case?" She sighed her voice wavering a bit as she looked back up at him her eyes starting to gloss over, but no tears just yet, "I will have you know that no, it doesn't 'feel shitty'. It's heartbreaking, it's devastating, it's infuriating. And do you know why it doesn't just 'feel shitty'? Because Clearly I'm the only idiot who actually believed in you, in us. I've never in my life felt as bitter and enraged as I do now towards you, and keeping it reeled in is a struggle. I've never been the type to wish ill on anyone, but damn did I last weekend. That Karma would be one hell of a bitch since I knew I couldn't. I don't have it in me to hurt you the way you've hurt me and it's massively unfair."

She leaned back in the chair and tilted her head back placing her hand over her eyes letting a twisted smile curl onto her lips, "What's crazy is you really do don't you? You really think it's similar? It really hurts you that she choose to stand by him." A single tear rolled down her cheek, as she refused to look at him, "Well thank you for this Kordei. Thank you for this little sit down to confirm that, yes in fact everything was nothing but a lie, I never meant anything to you, and all those memories don't mean shit for you because you didn't nor do you currently give a fuck about me. Though I can't for the life of me understand why you wasted your time on this because if all you wanted was someone convenient to keep your dick wet you didn't have to date me! You could've gone of with any of your massive following of thots and they would've loved to be your girl of the day or week. Hell you even have other ex's I'm sure wouldn't have minded being your holding place until you were ready to go back after Evie. You could've just let me be alone instead of setting up up to fail. Knowing from the start I wasn't going to be good enough in your eyes." As the last words escaped her lips her pressed them together and sat up straight. She didn't mean to say that. She didn't mean for him to hear that part of her insecurity, but she supposed it was out there now.

She wiped the lone tear from her face and while her eyes still were glossy she was determined to not let any more fall even if her eyes were burning, "Well this was very informative. Bravo on figuring out that treating people like this isn't such a hot thing to do, but if that's all I'd like to go now. Good luck with life and your music." She moved over to the edge of her seat to getting up. She was over this, she wanted to go home. "I am good enough you know. I am a damn good person, and I think I was a pretty fucking awesome girlfriend. So fuck you for that." She spoke under her breath firmly, but he could still hear her. It was more to herself then for him. Reminding herself that she was worth it despite what he'd done.
Amethyst K. Jones
coded by incandescent

Amy hated that stupid grin on his face. Well hate was a strong word, but she really really disliked it. Mostly because of how it made her feel. A piece of her felt that she'd let a piece of him win by even agreeing to sit down with him. It was irritating to say the least, but at this point she basically lived in a constant state of irritation when it came to him, so it's not shocking. She'd sat down in the booth he'd picked out a little way from the other two boys. She supposed this way at least their conversation could be more private, and perhaps then he'd show his true colors if there was no one to showboat for.

She'd turned her gaze to the window as he ordered for them both. She tried to pay for herself so it wouldn't look like...well like they were patching things up or whatever. Sure she knew the mature thing was to want to work things out...but a part of her was still to angry for that. A part of her wanted to hold onto this because she didn't want to forgive him. It sounds a little crazy probably, but she was afraid once the ager really was gone...she'd fall for him again and that was a road she didn't wanna go down. Looking like a fool twice? Nope. However of course he beat her to the punch, no help from their waitress.

The grin never left his face as she could feel his gaze on her. The moment he finally started speaking she couldn't help the instant eyes roll from him describing a memory that should've been a fond one. She remembered having a lot of fun that day honestly. One of her favorite dates because once they were alone, he was very sweet. When she didn't have to feel insecure in competing for his attention. But that was the thing wasn't it. The red flag she should've seen even back then...she shouldn't have to. Not when they were already together. Sure the talking phase understandable, but once the commitment was made and things were official. She shouldn't have had to be the one to tell them they needed to leave. He should've. Or he should've shut the girls down in a way they knew to stop...but he didn't. Why? Because he liked it, he liked the attention.

"Yeah, the place is similar, but that's where the similarities stop for me." She replied in the best nonchalant voice she could muster with a slight shrug of her shoulder, "If it's anything like last year the milkshakes aren't half as good.". She didn't wanna do this with him. She didn't wanna sit here and go down memory lane for...for what? To realize all the fucking red flags of his personality she ignored before? Ugh she was stupid actually thinking she was 'lucky' that he'd chosen to be with her. Out of all the little groupies. Now look at her.

Before she could question him on the point of all this, he finally got to it. He almost did it. He almost gave a solid apology, then he said he DIDN'T original feel sorry. Like what!? The fury that erupted inside her was maddening. Oh god was he lucky they were in a public area. Who does that? Who says 'hey I feel bad about cheating on you now that the girl I cheated on you with doesn't want me, but to be clear originally? No fucks were given.' That's how she took his sentiment, and in that moment she felt like there was nothing left. She thought about just getting up and leaving right then and there. food and drinks be damned because if he wasn't going to keep asking her about that stupid track and this was the best apology he could do? There was nothing left for her here.

But just as she was about to she instead swallowed hard and turned her gaze back towards him and spoke dangerously calm to him like the quite before a storm, "Feels shitty?" She folding her hands in front of her clasping firmly to keep her nerves steady, "Let me get this straight. You are comparing you being in a relationship with me, lying to my face, betraying me, breaking your loyalty to me by fucking your Ex to….Evie what? That since Evie isn't showing you the amount of loyalty you think you deserve despite proving it's a level of loyalty you can't give to someone yourself, that the pain you feel from that is similar to the pain I feel right now? Please make it make sense Dei. Please explain to me where the betrayal is?"

She bit her lip softly as her gaze fell from him to her own hands when his gaze left hers. He really did believe that. he cared so much for Evie that a simple rejection, not even a total one was enough to hurt him enough to feel vulnerable enough to realize it's trash to treat people like they don't matter. That's what it took? Fuck her and how she felt, no Evie doesn't want me, so I must've fucked up. "Are you only apologizing because of her? Cause it might help you with her or something? Is this even a real apology if that's the case?" She sighed her voice wavering a bit as she looked back up at him her eyes starting to gloss over, but no tears just yet, "I will have you know that no, it doesn't 'feel shitty'. It's heartbreaking, it's devastating, it's infuriating. And do you know why it doesn't just 'feel shitty'? Because Clearly I'm the only idiot who actually believed in you, in us. I've never in my life felt as bitter and enraged as I do now towards you, and keeping it reeled in is a struggle. I've never been the type to wish ill on anyone, but damn did I last weekend. That Karma would be one hell of a bitch since I knew I couldn't. I don't have it in me to hurt you the way you've hurt me and it's massively unfair."

She leaned back in the chair and tilted her head back placing her hand over her eyes letting a twisted smile curl onto her lips, "What's crazy is you really do don't you? You really think it's similar? It really hurts you that she choose to stand by him." A single tear rolled down her cheek, as she refused to look at him, "Well thank you for this Kordei. Thank you for this little sit down to confirm that, yes in fact everything was nothing but a lie, I never meant anything to you, and all those memories don't mean shit for you because you didn't nor do you currently give a fuck about me. Though I can't for the life of me understand why you wasted your time on this because if all you wanted was someone convenient to keep your dick wet you didn't have to date me! You could've gone of with any of your massive following of groupies and they would've loved to be your girl of the day or week. Hell you even have other ex's I'm sure wouldn't have minded being your holding place until you were ready to go back after Evie. You could've just let me be alone instead of setting up up to fail. Knowing from the start I wasn't going to be good enough in your eyes." As the last words escaped her lips her pressed them together and sat up straight. She didn't mean to say that. She didn't mean for him to hear that part of her insecurity, but she supposed it was out there now.

She wiped the lone tear from her face, "Well this was very informative. Bravo on figuring out that treating people like this isn't such a hot thing to do, but if that's all I'd like to go now. Good luck with life and your music." She moved over to the edge of her seat to get up. She was over this, she wanted to go home. "Though I am good enough you know. I am a damn good person, and I think I was a pretty good girlfriend. So fuck you for that." She spoke under her breath, but he could still hear her.

casey

MOOD: pissed the fuck off.
OUTFIT: xoxo
TAGS: oliver Kio.exe Kio.exe
Oli was taking his sweet time to get them both to the fair, and an even sweeter one to answer Casey's tease. She rolled her eyes at the awkward silence he was producing, and instead sunk further into the beaten-up seat of Oli's mom car. Casey watched the Twitter feed dryly, liking certain comments of her peers, and swiping on the others. It was nothing interesting, at least for her. In the corner of her vision though, Casey couldn't help but notice Oliver's eyes constantly shifting to his left, and in looking past him, the sounds of the waves, and cheers of children flooded into her ears.

They were nearing the fairgrounds, which was directly next to the boardwalk and beach. Immediately, the feeling of guilt swept over Casey once more, materialized as the feeling of a gavel crushing over her chest. She'd dragged Oliver here for a good time, how could he do that if the constant reminder of his mistake was right next door? There was a lifeless tone to Oliver's response-- lesser than usual. Casey's inhale was a long one, her exhale longer as she shifted her sights ahead of her instead. It was going to be a silent ride to the fair, and even worse time when they got there.

Her eyes thinned down onto the green light ahead. She wished desperately for it to remain its bright green as they neared, to please pass them and get Oliver away from the hellish nightmare he was probably living right now. But alas, in spite of the odd lack of L.A. traffic, the lights flickered over to a light orange, and then red. Red as in stop. Why the hell weren't they stopping?

"Oli!" Casey screamed at the top of her lungs. In a flash, Casey's hands were atop of Oliver's on the staring wheel. The mini-van swerved dangerously to the right, only narrowly escaping an oncoming car, before straightening and charging on forwards. Barring her heart rate of well over a million beats per minute, Oliver and Casey were alive.

She was panting heavily in the heat of the moment, and hadn't even realized that her hands had shifted from the wheel to Oliver's chest amidst the chaos. To push him away or something, she guessed. Casey retracted her hand, and allowed the shock of only a few moments ago to let a silence linger in the car...

...But silence was overrated, and Casey was absolutely pissed. "What the fuck was that, ese? Wake the fuck up Oli!" Casey's vocal cords strained at the volume of her shouts, her brows furrowed angrily, and cheeks a bright pink colour. Without much thought, Casey pushed flat palms into Oliver's side. Not only was it a reflection of how pissed she was in the moment, with the way he'd been treating her, her anger from his being distant was leaking into her actions now too. The push didn't do anything significant to Oli but act as an outlet to Casey's emotions, and following her action, she turned to the car doors and immediately started trying to pry the locked doors open.

"You inconsiderate piece of shit. Park the fucking car and let me out. If you don't want to go to the fair, fine. I'll drive you back." Casey spat. Albeit laced with anger, Casey specifically noted that she'd drive Oliver back home if he wanted to. She wasn't going to let him even look at a staring wheel as long as she was able to. "You're not touching the wheel on my watch, and it's obvious you don't even want to be here."

code by low fidelity.

Oli was taking his sweet time to get them both to the fair, and an even sweeter one to answer Casey's tease. She rolled her eyes at the awkward silence he was producing, and instead sunk further into the beaten-up seat of Oli's mom car. Casey watched the Twitter feed dryly, liking certain comments of her peers, and swiping on the others. It was nothing interesting, at least for her. In the corner of her vision though, Casey couldn't help but notice Oliver's eyes constantly shifting to his left, and in looking past him, the sounds of the waves, and cheers of children flooded into her ears.

They were nearing the fairgrounds, which was directly next to the boardwalk and beach. Immediately, the feeling of guilt swept over Casey once more, materialized as the feeling of a gavel crushing over her chest. She'd dragged Oliver here for a good time, how could he do that if the constant reminder of his mistake was right next door? There was a lifeless tone to Oliver's response-- lesser than usual. Casey's inhale was a long one, her exhale longer as she shifted her sights ahead of her instead. It was going to be a silent ride to the fair, and even worse time when they got there.

Her eyes thinned down onto the green light ahead. She wished desperately for it to remain its bright green as they neared, to please pass them and get Oliver away from the hellish nightmare he was probably living right now. But alas, in spite of the odd lack of L.A. traffic, the lights flickered over to a light orange, and then red. Red as in stop. Why the hell weren't they stopping?

"Oli!" Casey screamed at the top of her lungs. In a flash, Casey's hands were atop of Oliver's on the staring wheel. The mini-van swerved dangerously to the right, only narrowly escaping an oncoming car, before straightening and charging on forwards. Barring her heart rate of well over a million beats per minute, Oliver and Casey were alive.

She was panting heavily in the heat of the moment, and hadn't even realized that her hands had shifted from the wheel to Oliver's chest amidst the chaos. To push him away or something, she guessed. Casey retracted her hand, and allowed the shock of only a few moments ago to let a silence linger in the car...

...But silence was overrated, and Casey was absolutely pissed. "What the fuck was that, ese? Wake the fuck up Oli!" Casey's vocal cords strained at the volume of her shouts, her brows furrowed angrily, and cheeks a bright pink colour. Without much thought, Casey pushed flat palms into Oliver's side. Not only was it a reflection of how pissed she was in the moment, with the way he'd been treating her, her anger from his being distant was leaking into her actions now too. The push didn't do anything significant to Oli but act as an outlet to Casey's emotions, and following her action, she turned to the car doors and immediately started trying to pry the locked doors open.

"You inconsiderate piece of shit. Park the fucking car and let me out. If you don't want to go to the fair, fine. I'll drive you back." Casey spat. Albeit laced with anger, Casey specifically noted that she'd drive Oliver back home if he wanted to. She wasn't going to let him even look at a staring wheel as long as she was able to. "You're not touching the wheel on my watch, and it's obvious you don't even want to be here."

MOOD: JJ.

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS: Gen, geminiy geminiy

INT: Ava, Jordan. Winona Winona fin fin
tags
TL;DR Jordan crashed Java's frate.
tl;dr
Juliette
Is it ever gonna change, am I gonna feel this way forever?

Juliette's focus was on Ava's meter of the carnival game, every few moments glancing back at the little kid's. He was catching up and that had almost set JJ in a panic. He got closer and closer, the boy was just about to reach the top when the bell went off and the brunette let out the quietest squeal. Of course Ava came through.

She was Ava.

Jules stood quiet while she watched the interaction between Ava and the boy, her eyes widening slightly at the almost-cruelness of it... but the kid deserved it. He should learn some manners. Who cared? He'd get over it in a day, alright, maybe a week. But her point still stood. They sped-walk away and as soon as they were out of earshot, Juliette had laughed so hard there must've been a snort in there somewhere. "Great? It was amazing, you psychopath." Ava's laugh was contagious and it had almost sent Jules in tears.

"Ow, ow. My stomach. Did you see his face? The realization." She hadn't expected to have so much fun so early. Juliette didn't want the kid to cry, she just wanted him to feel an once of the aggravation she had felt... and he did so. That was good enough for her. The ugly blue bear was held out to her and Jules rolled her eyes, a playful grin playing on her lips as her laughter died. "What? You don't want the ugly thing?" Before she had the chance to grab it, suddenly Jordan was in front of them, holding another stuffed unicorn out to her and confusion filled JJ's features, unsure of what to say.

"Uh. I mean..." It was cute, yeah. But she wasn't sure how to feel about it. Was this an apology? Was it supposed to be or was it some ploy to get her to come over later? "I thought you were hanging out with your friends." Jules glanced around the carnival, and there was zero sight of Gen, nor anyone else of his 'family.' Jordan had made it clear he didn't want anything to do with Juliette publicly-- or relationship wise.

So... what was the point of him being here? Still, she couldn't help the slight surge of excitement from it. Juliette took the unicorn, picking at the frayed stitching of the toy. Glancing at Ava before returning her attention back towards Jordan, her gaze full of uncertainty.

"... Did you change your mind?"

The question wasn't really about him hanging out with his friends and Jordan knew that. Jules knew he did.
code by valen t.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Nate
INTERACTIONS

Mike

MENTIONS

N/A

TAGS

ditto ditto

He listened while Mike bitched about his date with Ronnie. Nate couldn't understand why the fuck Mike would've put up with her for as long as he had -- or why he'd invite her at all, but hey, at least the guy had just ditched her instead of making the little bitch cry again.

Nate couldn't imagine ever wasting his time on a date, let alone a date with fucking Ronnie. Mike was a decent guy for that, he guessed. Gave everyone else a break for the night from her trailing after probably Hunter for the night. Then again, the little jerk deserved to have Ronnie following him around.

He cracked a grin. "Fuck, I can't wait for Halloween. Gen has the best fucking parties in that big ass house of hers and she always goes all out for Halloween. It's going to be epic." Nate started and let out a laugh when Mike mentioned the dumb condom idea they'd had. "Probably for the best. Evie's stressing over making our costumes and then shit for the showcase, anyway... last thing she'd need is to have to worry about making some condom costume, too."

Right. He was going to Halloween with Evie in a matching costume. Flashbacks to Monday briefly left Nate wondering if he'd have to worry about a repeat -- but this time, plastered from alcohol and without any faculty to witness it, there was no holding back. At least not on Dei's end. On Nate's end? Well...

Nate really wasn't much of a fighter. It wasn't that he couldn't hold his own -- he'd been in his fair share of fights -- but it was just that Nate didn't like to hold his own. He hated fighting.

Evie was really ruining him in more ways than one. There was the fight with Gus over the attention he gave Evie. And now there was this, with a target on his back from Dei. Well, the Chas thing had pinned the target there, but Evie choosing him over Dei had nailed it to his back and now? Now... there was no going back. There was no getting rid of that target.

Except, well, with fists.

"Werewolf's good, though." Nate commented with a lopsided grin. "Girls go fucking crazy over that Twilight shit still. Plus it's a cheap costume, 'specially if you're just reusing it. Win, win, win."

"So you just ditching so you don't have to deal with Ronnie tracking you down again, or are fairs just not your style?"

Ava
INTERACTIONS

JJ, Jordan

MENTIONS

N/A

This was great. Ava hadn't laughed this hard in a while -- her ribs started to hurt from the laughter and yeah, maybe it was kind of fucked to purposely steal the stuffed bear from a child and like... make him cry, but leave her alone, alright? The little jerk had deserved it and it was the best way to start off her night with JJ.

You know, the night that was supposed to be just her and JJ.

But before JJ could take the bear, Jordan showed up, presenting a much better stuffed toy from a fair game. The broad smile on Ava's face faded away as her eyes fell to the unicorn. JJ didn't take the bear, and Ava's hand fell to her side with the stupid little toy. She looked towards the ground and didn't even hear Jordan or JJ -- instead, an embarrassed ringing echoed in her ears.

The embarrassment, however, quickly sparked a small fire of anger deep in her stomach. Her eyes fell to the bear and her hand tightened around it's stupid little neck until the eyes looked like they might just pop right out of it's stupid, malformed head. Ava's jaw clenched tighter and finally, she looked back up at her best friend and Fuck Boy Flavor of the Week, Jordan.

"... Did you change your mind?"

JJ's words were like gasoline thrown onto the fire of Ava's anger. That was so fucking stupid. Who fucking cared? The dick obviously couldn't fuck make up his mind, so why in the hell would JJ give him the time of day? He was an ass. Deserved to be kicked in the fucking groin and left to lay on the pavement and cry alone.

For the record, Ava thought that would be too nice of a punishment for him.

But there wasn't much she could say. This was a conversation between Jules and Jordan, and Ava was just a bystander looking in. Plus, if she opened her mouth, there was no telling what kind of venomous words might spill from her lips and really, the last thing that Ava fucking wanted right now was to make JJ get pissed off at her.

So she stood, listening, her fingernails digging into the throat of the bear while she imagined it being Jordan instead.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr IDK PMfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Ash
INTERACTIONS

Trevor

MENTIONS

N/A

TAGS

ditto ditto

Wait...

Oh.

Trevor spoke, but his words didn't register with her right away. Instead of replying right away, silence enveloped the room and the air between them grew... well it didn't grow tense, because it had been tense between them since Homecoming night. And it felt as if every time she was near him, things just grew more and more tense -- like water boiling in a pot. It was just a matter of time until the lid blew off and everything came out, because yeah, they could try and lie to themselves, but only for so long.

Well, if Charlie hadn't gotten involved, it could've been forever...

It hit her. Like a ton of bricks. All at once, his words, his behavior, everything made sense. And it wasn't like Ash hadn't noticed any of it -- it wasn't like this was a surprise at this point, but suddenly this thin wall. This thin veil that they had tried to set up between themselves crumbled like dust and they were left with the bare truth.

Ash knew that she should have words, she should have some kind of reply. The longer the silence stretched between them, the more nervous Trevor would grow -- the more he would start to panic, and the harder it would be to respond to him. And the longer she didn't respond, the angrier the roleplayers would get at this being stretched out.

She'd managed to maintain eye contact with him for the entire... confession? That's what it had technically been, right? Anyway, she broke that eye contact now, her gaze falling down. Her eyes fell shut, she inhaled deeply, she tried... tried to steady her tumultuous thoughts so that she could think, so that she could speak, so that she could know how to react in the here and now.

She brought her hands up, covering her face for a moment, and exhaled slowly.

It registered with her. Like one hundred percent hit her.

Trevor liked her.

She cracked a smile that was hidden behind her hands and a little laugh bubbled up in her chest and she couldn't stop herself from let out a little, breathless laugh. Ash felt... a little stupid in her mixture of relief that Trevor didn't hate her and... her... excitement? Giddiness? Happiness, relief that she didn't have to torture herself by arguing with everyone. By trying to defend something that she knew wasn't true.

Her hands fell away from her face and she looked back at Trevor. The smile on her face was still there, and she just shook her head, looking up at him for a moment -- trying to find words, trying to find something to say to make him feel better, because he seriously looked like he was having a heart attack or something.

Right, okay, the shock had warn off.

"Hey, I..."

Her words cut off. Ash's gaze broke away from his again, she pursed her lips.

He was shaking. His hands were shaking, which was just... why was he so nervous? Ash didn't get it, because like yeah, maybe her heart felt like it might beat out of her chest, and maybe her stomach felt so filled with butterflies that she felt like she might be sick, but she wasn't shaking. Her gaze moved back to his.

Ash scooted closer to him, closing the gap between them on the couch. She reached out, hesitating for a moment, and then sucked in her pride, sucked in the nervous fluttering of her stomach, and the beating of her heart, and took Trevor's hand in hers. Ash laced her fingers through his and pulled his hand from his lap to hers.

"I, uh..."

She swallowed the lump in her throat. Her eyes looked down to their hands. She squeezed his hand, holding onto it tightly, her breath feeling like it was coming in shallow gasps.

He'd said it, even if it was in a really roundabout away, he'd done it. He'd done the hard part. He'd been the one to call out the lie, he'd been the one to admit that it was all a sham.

Trevor had taken the first step, Trevor had done the hard part.

All Ash had to do was return it.

She took in another deep breath, her lungs shaking and shuddering as she did so, and then she turned her gaze back to Trevor. Her smile widened, she squeezed his hand tighter.

"I like you, too, Trevor."

MOOD: being romantic asf

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
Winona Winona (Jace)
mogy mogy (Oates)
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Rome)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Callum Richards
Callum leaned backward on his seat and rolled his eyes, only more riled up after Jace's cowardly depiction of his sister. Cal was typically the type of listener to hear and listen to every word someone was saying and never once register what was actually being said. Oates had gotten on him about that before, as he could often be observed relentlessly saying his piece in an argument without ever acknowledging anybody else's words. You can't be wrong when your opinion is the only one you can hear, after all.

Jace's manner of speaking, or stuttering, was a little distracting and, while Cal hated to admit it, disappointing. He took him as seriously as anyone else, but the whole aggressively socially awkward bit was beginning to exhaust him. The only reason he could force himself to listen was because he genuinely cared what the boy had to say, mostly out of a selfish need for his venting to be recognized. You'd think they'd be the best of friends by now, considering Jace was currently his only friend and Jace didn't seem to have many himself.

"I hear you there, but at this point, I'll take it if it means I get to give Ash a piece of my mind," Cal drawled, "It's just a matter of figuring out exactly what I want to say. That is, before Gen and her posse tear me to shreds." He let out a hesitant chuckle, not at all looking forward to the price he'd have to pay for creating his own argumentative Callum brand of closure with Ash.

The visibly lethargic boy was pleasantly surprised by Jace's lack of a reaction to his explanation of Ash's wrongdoings, whether the blonde boy was silent intentionally or not. It was refreshing to be able to talk about his problems without the other person making a loud fuss over it or framing him as some sort of pitiful being. Jace offering his funnel cake was courteous, but Cal wasn't in the mood to eat and didn't want to end up with powdered sugar strewn across his lap. He raised a hand and shook his head, then slowly pushed the food back across the table.

"She hurt you bad, huh?" Cal pressed casually, ignoring the obvious weak spot Jace was exhibiting, "It's not just all the boys and the crying you have a problem with... is it? I know we both feel strongly about this. Strong enough not to care what Gen would do. You'd take that risk, right?" His eyes carried an unsettling intensity, his boringly calm demeanor hardening into something much more imposing and forceful.

Before he could press further, Cal caught sight of a shocking curiosity off in the distance. It was the ever-elusive Oates... with Rome. Words could not describe the very public rage he felt for Rome, but the desperation he felt for finally being able to see his recent ex-boyfriend face to face again vastly outweighed any negative emotions he harbored for either of the boys. He'd been searching for an opportunity to talk to Oates and redeem himself while reinstating their relationship. He didn't know how to feel about the two of them being together, but he knew all too well how much worse it was being without him.

Seizing his chance, Callum stood up and waved at Oates, frantically flagging him and his friend down. "Oat!" he called out, but his natural volume was far too low to ever reach him. He continued waving like a madman, desperately trying to make use of this opportunity to talk.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

OUTFIT: xoxo
basics

none yet

interactions
tags
Josephine Bennett
josie, jojo, jo ~ sixteen ~ junior ~ visuals; photo

Jo was trying but failing miserably at getting Gus to calm down. She’d heard somewhere that getting a person to tell you things they could see, smell, hear, and so on helped but it wasn’t. The more he gasped for air and sobbed uncontrollably, the more her heart broke for him. Her hands were dropped from his as he shook his head in response to her words. She reached out and grabbed his face gently, his smooth skin against her palms. “Gus. Gus. Hey. Look at me. Count with me. Deep breaths. Count them,” she instructed, her tone soft as she let her eyes search his for reassurance that he heard what she was saying. “One…...two…..three,” she started, slowly and out loud, hoping that he would join in.

What could Jo really do outside of offer comfort and an ear? She couldn't force him to feel better, she couldn't handle this problem with partying or anything else she normally did. It was deeper than that and she knew it. Gus had found himself in a dark hole and she was determined to help him out as best she could but it wasn't going to be easy. "Eight.....nine," she continued, her hands finally falling from his face as she got to ten. The raven-haired girl wasn't sure if he'd calmed down enough to really understand her words but she was going to try. She just had to try and breakthrough with him.

"Listen to me. I am sorry but your parents are foolish if they can't see how amazing you are. You're more than just a walking bank and you have so much more to offer than that. Anyone who has the pleasure of knowing you and still chooses to walk away from you is not worth your tears, Gus. You aren't the one missing out on them, they are missing out on you," she said. Jo hated that he was so overwhelmed by emotions that it was hard for him to even do something so natural as to breathe. That as many times as she could tell him he was more than good enough, that he was loved, it was still easier to hear than to believe. "What can I do. Tell me what you need from me and I will help you," her own eyes filled with a hint of sadness.
code by valen t.

MOOD: am i really worthless?

OUTFIT: yessir

basics
MENTIONS: nate, kane, adri and jj

INT: jasmyn jasmyn (josie)
tags
TL;DR gus finally remembered how to breathe and is incredibly embarrassed. he's also coming to the conclusion that he's wotrhless
tl;dr
augustus
you know they say that i am better now
gus' lungs hurt. he had never struggled to breathe this much before. he had never cried like this, it had never been this painful before. but before he knew it, josie's hands were on his face. he was forced to look her in the eyes, forced to look at another human being and realize they had heard what he said. a huge wave of embarrassment washed over gus.
this wasn't him. this was not augustus felix jace. gus was cool, calm, collected. he had a reputation of being chill. what happened to him? he was sobbing, in front of someone, to someone. this wasn't him. he hated everything, why was he like this?
he tried to look away from josie, but her hands stayed firm on his face, his hands had flown up and grabbed her wrists out of instinct. it was his desperate attempt to ground himself, to try and bring himself back to reality, to stop embarrassing himself. the longer he looked in her eyes, the more reality came back into focus. her voice, her touch, her face; everything came back, but he still couldn't breathe.
okay, focus on her breaths he told himself, now that he could actually have his own thoughts again. gus focused on counting with josie, he still couldn't speak, but he did his best to breathe in sync with her.
it took a while, still fighting back sobs and his lungs feeling like they were spasming, but he finally got some kind of oxygen. it's like he finally remembered how to breathe. his eyes fell closed as he took in a big gasp of air. he was still crying, tears still running down his cheeks non-stop, but he could at least breathe.
"what can i do?" her voice actually registered in his head, he heard it, he understood it. his eyes stayed close as his head lulled to one side, leaning into josie's hand. his sobs slowly but surely died down until gus had gone back to silent crying.
"i don't.... i don't know..." after quite a few moments, gus' eyes opened up again, and his head straightened up. moving his hands from josie's wrists to her arms, gus tried to speak more than four words. "i... am so sorry. i shouldn't have.... opened up like that," gus had a lot of pauses in between phrases and words, still crying and trying to catch his breath. "you don't deserve to have this.... all piled on you so suddenly. i just.... i don't know how to help myself.... or what to tell you..." he took another moment to catch his breath more, trying to eliminate the awkward pauses in his sentences. "i'm really sorry josie. i'm...a mess and i have no idea how to fix it... i'd love to tell someone what to do, but what am i supposed to say when it's out of everyone's control? it's my own fault. i shouldn't have gone home. i shouldn't have trusted kane with that secret. if i could just keep to myself and not get attached to anyone, just float through high school, i wouldn't be embarrassing myself right now."
that wasn't true, was it? of course not. gus knew better than that, he wasn't one to not get attached to people, saying it as if he went his high school career without making any friend or without caring about anyone. but truth be told, if he was that person, he wouldn't be crying into josie's arms right now. if he was a heartless bitch like adri and jj, he wouldn't care that nate didn't care about him, he wouldn't care that his parents didn't care about him, and he certainly wouldn't care that kane betrayed him. he could judge everyone at lunch like adri did and go home to smoke with toni and not know anyone's name.
but that wasn't gus. gus was a gentle soul. he was kind and he cared and he had a big big heart. he loved people and he loved having friendships and relationships and connections. he loved getting to know people and laughing with them and making them smile and learning their favorite tv show and learning about their taste in music. gus loved people, there was no way he could've avoided this. well maybe if i didn't fuck nate woods on a regular basis, then maybe i wouldn't be here that was a partial truth, he thought to himself.
the biggest thing weighing on his shoulders being his parents. he couldn't comprehend it. growing up, they were so sweet and humble. they taught gus to be how he was, grateful for everything and kind to everyone. but now look at them; they get a little bit of money and suddenly, they don't even care that their son came home. didn't bother to tell him about how life in mississippi had been since he was gone, didn't bother to call him when his dog passed, didn't bother to tell him when they decided to move out of mississippi and go to the bahamas. his parents had become so inconsiderate and rude, the complete opposites than what gus had growing up.
am i really that worthless? am i really only good for my body and nothing more? is that it? people only see me as a pretty face and nothing else, don't even bother trying to empathize with said pretty face.
am i really that worthless?
code by valen t.

MOOD: vibing

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Chase)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Javier Cervantes
"Heh. I knew you had some jokes in you, Chasey," Javi quipped, playfully shaking his date with the arm nestled on his shoulder, "We'll break through that tough exterior yet." Chase had an undeniable fire in his eyes, regardless of whether he was screaming at Javi or just playing around. It didn't take a genius to tell that his emotions were heavily guarded, but that didn't mean he wasn't open to being distracted from them. Javier especially wasn't one to talk, having dug himself deep into a pit of emotional unavailability masked by bouts of drug-fueled lust or anger. Or, at times, both.

"Hey, that sounds like a great time," Javier asserted, his eyes softening a tad bit. Chase seemed to be shrinking away; it was seemed to be somewhat of a sensitive topic for the closed-off boy. He exuded an almost painful nostalgia, something Javier himself tried to avoid within himself at all costs. Javi was shamefully envious of Chase, who allowed himself the opportunity to be vulnerable like that in front of him. It filled with him frustration and regret that, for such a supposedly tough and carefree guy, he couldn't even showcase a tiny part of himself without feeling self-conscious.

It would be best to keep the topic on Chase rather than himself. "I think I like your buddy. Watching people is fucking weird, but I can see the appeal. Especially when making fun of the weird ass people of Los Angeles. Been here my whole life and I never got used to the scene around here." He laughed for what was possibly the third time in the past few minutes. He blamed the weed for making him giggly, but he couldn't deny how good of a time he was having on their casual hookup date. "It makes sense for you, though. The acting and stuff. You're definitely one of those overexaggerating theater gays."

The muscled boy stepped into the four-seater ferris wheel carriage with his date, pulling him so they were seated next to each other instead of across from one other. His arm never left Chase's shoulder. His head rested slightly against Chase's as they began to ascend, his eyes taking in the bright lights flickering left and right from the fairgrounds. The dusk sky complemented all of the bright neon, painting a picturesque and colorful landscape.

For once, Javi took it all in instead of mischievously rocking the carriage or shouting at the top of his lungs like he normally would on a ferris wheel. He was well-rested and alert, but he had no desire to move a muscle. He was hyper-aware of everything around them, down to the heat from Chase's chest and the steady breathing from his nose. He began to wonder if, perhaps, his heart was beating as slowly as his own. Was he calm? On-edge? Would he give in to the serenity of their gradual trip up to the sky or would he tense up at the thought that it was just the two of them, alone, nowhere to retreat but to within themselves?

Just them. Javier and Chase. Javi felt no sense of seriousness or strong emotion other than the fact that he felt good. He felt good, but nothing past that. To delve any deeper into it would be to tear down the superficial layers shrouding his true character. He thrived on the intimacy of physical touch and that alone. It was silent. Maybe Chase felt the same way too: just good. He could only hope so, at the very least, otherwise he'd fail as his gentlemanly date.

"You thinking about your friend?"
code by valen t.

MOOD: charitable

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Seb)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Chas Marino
So this cheeky little bastard really thought he could get away with paying for Chas while he was off his game? Think again, nimrod. Seb may have won the battle, but by God would Chas turn the tide in his favor. He'd buy out all of the prizes from this childish squirt gun game. He'd purchase twenty-three funnel cakes, six drinks, a cotton candy stand, dozens of sunglasses— just about anything to be exchanged for cash at the fair, he'd buy out and entrust to Seb, all while flaunting his bottomless date budget.

The short boy scowled at Seb, but with his stature and general ridiculousness, ended up looking like a small child that didn't get his way. Stupid, cocky wink. Chas would shut Seb up once and for all by kicking his ass in this game. Maybe then he'd finally see how futile it is to resist the will of Chas as his objectively inferior yet sickeningly endearing boy toy. "Of course you pick the ugliest prize possible. For your sake, I'm winning this thing," he taunted, seating himself on the plush cushion of the stool and readying his aim with the metal toy gun.

As soon as the game started, Chas didn't so much as glance at Seb or anything other than the target in front of him with a burning intensity. His fingers ached from squeezing the trigger tight and ensuring the trajectory of the water didn't move a centimeter from the bullseye.

As soon as Chas' well-deserved win was announced, he released the gun, his fingertips dark red and imprinted with the outline of the water gun's trigger. "Woohoo! Sweet, sweet victory. There's another win for Chas' all-time track record, a million to zero." He held up his fingers in an "L" shape on his forehead as tradition, feeling no guilt or shame in rubbing it in on his fake-sad boyfriend. "Chin up, bud. You're not bad. I'm just really, really good."

After demanding a yellow, stuffed duck plush from a visibly hyper-judgmental carnie, Chas caught Seb's eyes and flicked his head to the side toward the nearest food stand. He finally felt completely back to his regular self again after securing a win, completely oblivious to Seb's throwing of the game, something Chas specifically requested he didn't do. Now, he was feeling charitable. And hungry.

Since the itinerary was missing, there was no real obligation to get cotton candy. It was Chas' favorite, but since Charlie and Amy threatened to interfere with his date, he'd have to compromise for a funnel cake. Ellie had already criticized their insignificant little fair food dispute enough to make him worried about looking like an idiot with such petty arguing. Buying the funnel cake would serve strictly as a tactical measure; not because of Seb's annoying puppy dog eyes and uncomfortable comments about removing his shirt.

"Alright, Seb. It wasn't fair to pit you against me... you were doomed to fail from the start," Chas admitted, shaking his head side to side with condescending pity, "How about I pay for a funnel cake and we go eat somewhere less crowded?"
code by valen t.

Last edited:
AFFLUENZA

Chase wished he didn't like Javi's stupid nickname for him as much as he did. When someone else called him Chasey, Chase wanted to knock their teeth out. When Javi said it, Chase still did kind of want to punch him, but he also kind of... didn't want him to stop. Of course, he'd rather die than actually tell Javi that. No need to inflate his already massive ego. As for Chase's 'tough exterior'? Well... he couldn't really deny that. But he doubted anyone would be breaking through, considering it was pretty much just his personality at this point. Even if it may have started as a way for him to protect himself, it was really ingrained in him now. He wasn't even sure when he could blame his behaviour on his 'mask', and when he could just blame it on him being himself.

He scoffed and shoved Javi gently, not actually wanting to move the other boy too far away. "Fuck you," he said, without any heat behind the words, "I am not a theater gay. I'll take twink over theater gay." In all honesty, Chase was probably pretty close to being a theater kid. Even if he didn't actually act or do theater, the drama he channelled in his songs told a different story. Still, he didn't see it as acting or over-exaggerating. He liked story-telling, and sometimes, you had to make the story more interesting to make it fit the song.

Unlike Javi, Chase wasn't all that calm in the carriage. He felt nice being with Javi like this, and he was certainly trying to focus on that, but he was also weirdly... nervous? He felt unsettled. Like something was going to go wrong at any moment. Maybe it was because he really wanted things to go right, for the night at least. Maybe it was because of the memories being dragged to the forefront of his mind, of his old friend. Although, to be fair, he was mostly thinking about the boy beside him. So he was slightly startled by Javi's question. "Yeah," he lied, because he wasn't going to be like, 'no, thinking about you', was he? Gag. "She would have loved this. We never went on a Ferris Wheel this tall together. She died a little while ago." He winced, asking himself why the fuck he'd included that. It felt natural; like a disclaimer that he had to put when talking about her. "Shit. Don't say anything, please," he requested quickly, unable to cope with something like an 'I'm sorry' from Javi.

As soon as the carriage came to a stop at the top, Chase hopped up, grabbing Javi's hand and tugging him over to the glass doors so they could see out. Probably they weren't supposed to be standing, but Chase was sure it was safe enough. "Here. Okay, look, um... There. Couple, pink dress and blue shirt." Chase pointed at couple that seemed to be arguing in the fairgrounds, still holding Javi's hand. "Alright. I'll start, since you're a beginner. They only just started dating. They kind of like each other, but not really that much. But they're still together because the sex is off the charts," he grinned at the other boy, "But, she's just found out that he had an STD that he never told her about, and now she has it too. He feels pretty bad about it. Also, she's pissed because he doesn't like her dog." Chase paused for a second as the woman yelled something at the man, and then 'quoted' her, "'Jimmy's just an innocent Chihuahua! So what if his barking bursts your eardrums? You get used to it.'" He turned to Javi with an unashamed expression. "Your turn."

Chase
MOOD: openin on up

OUTFIT: x

INTERACTIONS: hery hery

code by valen t.

HAND OVER HAND

Of course Chas chose the duck plush. Seb grinned, but knew he’d get in trouble for it, so he hid it by pretending to wipe his mouth with the back of his hand. Was Chas a sore winner? Absolutely. Did Seb find it oddly charming? Yeah, he did. Sue him. Their relationship would never work out if Seb was even fractionally as competitive as Chas was. After catching Chas’ eyes, Seb followed him over to the food stand, coming up beside his boyfriend and draping his arm over his shoulders.

He leaned in as Chas spoke to hear him better, and also just to be closer to him. He blinked at Chas’ offer to buy him funnel cake, surprised, and then smiled down at the other boy. He’d honestly given up on the sweet treat, since it didn’t fit into Chas’ very carefully planned out evening. And honestly, Seb was okay with that, because like he’d said earlier, he really only cared about being with his boyfriend. “Really?” He asked, then, before Chas could protest, leaned in to kiss him on the cheek, and then on the temple. “Deal. Thanks. We can still get cotton candy, if you want. Or we can share some funnel cake. Or both. Whatever you’d like.
Sebastian
MOOD: pick ur battles

OUTFIT: thx tou

INTERACTIONS: hery hery

code by valen t.

if it wasn't clear by now... i like podcasts
It was a difficult and challenging task for a shining young man like Oates, one he always had the biggest struggles with. The task being putting on his shoes, of course. It was a pretty impossible mission when a certain Romir basically sneaked up behind him with his silent, practically unhearable footsteps and took the curly-haired boy's hands into his own, making them face each other.

Rome was telling the truth. Oates had both eyeliner and highlighter on, a very seasonal type of outfit—a brown shirt which coated his oaty body, as well as some basic jeans on the slimmer side, which were, of course, cuffed, because how else was he going to show off those slim ankles to all of the supposed mens which were just dying to meet him? Oh, and well, he had one shoe on...the other one disappearing into thin air when Rome came out of the bathroom, but at least his one visible sock was cute and probably stinky.

"Of course we do! We're Rome and Oates...Oates and Rome...Roates... Like, honestly, not like physical appearance matters, but when do we not look hot?" Oates looked Rome straight in the eyes before making a serious face. "I told you those morning selfies were never to be mentioned..." A smile poorly hidden behind what was now obviously a fake serious face, waiting for the other boy to laugh first because they both knew exactly what morning selfies Oates was referring to, and well, they were, if anything, just as funny as Oates riding a unicycle on a windy day.

"But now let me put on my shoe, and we'll go, have fun, you know, not think about boy trouble." Well, that sentence wasn't really true in any possible way.

Firstly and most importantly, that was because Oates knew what Rome has gotten himself in, and being in a relationship with a teacher that's so much older than you when you're still technically a child was just absolutely morally wrong—against everything Oates stood for. And because he knew he couldn't help in an active way, he kept Rome's mind off of the fact that he was a victim (and not actually 'in love') by just being there and making the boy laugh by being stupid and extra. This sadly meant that the whole thing was constantly on Oates's mind, aching him and driving the boy to do something about it, which he knew would just make Rome feel more excluded from the world. He wanted to make all the pain go away for his friend, and the fact that he couldn't do that made him sad.

Secondly, because, as Rome talked about some random topic the two boys found themselves on while looking for something cool to do at the fair, Oates allowed his eyes to focus off of Rome's face and onto the person acting like a monkey in the background, which turned out to actually be Callum waving. It surprised Oates that Callum didn't look that bad for having just been broken up with, or well, he looked like Callum usually looked—done with life and dead tired. What surprised Oates more, however, was the fact that it didn't hurt as much to look at Callum as it did to think about him and simply speculate on how the boy felt about the fact he was broken up with. On the one hand, if Oates imagined Callum feeling sad about being broken up with, then it would be Oates's fault, but on the other hand, if Callum didn't feel sad, it meant that he truly didn't feel anything for Oates. Seeing him conversing with somebody and functioning actually made Oates not feel anxious.

Focusing completely on Callum, Oates was stuck... He didn't want to walk over there because what if Callum didn't want that? But then again, what if Callum did want that and Oates walked away, that would just be yeast infection awkward, right? Yikes. Waving awkwardly, he looked back at Rome before talking.

"Should I go over there?" He asked, pointing with his head in Callum's direction.
oates
MOOD: forever happy, unless callum

INTERACTIONS: rome, callum, jace

MENTIONS: pedophile

TAGS: LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki , hery hery , Winona Winona

TL;DR: lets be basic and say no
code by valen t.

MOOD: Conflicted

OUTFIT: Whatever the fuck I put for him before

basics
MENTIONS:
NA
INT:
Lucky ( gh0stwriter gh0stwriter )
tags
TL;DR Danny is hoping Lucky forgives him.
tl;dr
Daniel Cooper
Guilty or innocent?

As Lucky dragged Danny away, he frowned, unable to do anything but trail after his ex best friend until they got to a spot private enough.

“I’m not looking for a trip down memory lane, Danny Boy.”

Even as he said it, Danny could see the memories flashing behind the depths of Lucky’s eyes, memories that were also playing in the forefront of Danny’s mind. Of days spent laying across Lucky’s bed, him doing whatever art project he’d been working on at the time, Lucky working on his music. Of hours spent with Danny’s green eyes pinned on Lucky, unable to tear his gaze away. Of that day that had changed everything, when Danny had finally whispered “Kiss me Lucky”. That kiss hadn’t happened, because Lucky’s dad had walked in. He hadn’t talked to Lucky since.

God knew he wanted to. Everyday.

“People leave. I’m used to it. But you want to apologize or make amends or whatever. Fine.”

Lucky still wouldn’t meet Danny’s gaze, and it killed him, that anger and pain he saw there. Anger and pain he had caused. His fingers still fiddled with his shirt buttons, itching to go home so he could strip it off. Maybe by removing his clothes he could relieve the pressure that was building up in his chest.

“Nobody here knows about my life…from before. My mom. My dad. You. So, if you could just not say anything. Then we’re square. Your conscious clear. Think you can handle that?”

He’d been handling that for the past three years, but Danny merely nodded, not knowing what to say. And his conscious would never truly be clear, not when Lucky was still not able to meet his eyes. All he wanted was for Lucky to look at him and see that he was, truly, sorry.

Danny reached a hand for Lucky’s shoulder, dropping it at the last second. “I...I would never say anythin’, Lucky,” he said, a pained sigh escaping him. He dropped his green eyed stare from Lucky’s face and to the ground, his one hand still fidgeting. “I haven’t said anythin’ for the past three years. What would change that now, hmm?” Danny asked gently, looking back up.

It was getting dark, casting Lucky’s face in shadow, leaving Danny unable to see his reaction. He was still more than ready for Lucky to punch him, and so he stood, waiting, like a criminal awaiting the jury’s decision. Guilty or innocent? Forgiven or scorned?

He didn’t know which would be worse.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: reflective

OUTFIT: XoXo

basics
MENTIONS:
Seb ( LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki ) Chas ( hery hery )
INT:
Gia (@Daniel Reaving)

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Mel talks about the class she runs downtown. Her and Gia go to the rubber ducky game
tl;dr
Melanie Osario
The Duck Philosophy.

Games. Gia wanted to play games. Mel could do that! Grinning, Mel turned them in the direction of the games she had seen earlier. They would start off with the easier games, so Mel didn’t embarrass herself, and so Gia could get accustomed to the great American tradition that was rigged fair games. As they walked, Mel was unable to keep a smile off of her face as Gia looked around the fair in wonder, taking in the sights for the first time.

Melanie remembered her first fair. Everyone had been there. Her mother, her father, Seb. Their sister. The day had been kind of like this, cool and crisp, the leaves just beginning to turn orange and yellow. The same sort of games were set up in rows, vendors calling out deals. The same smells of fried food and delicious desserts had wafted through the air, and the same rides had been running. It might have been the best day of her life. She would make sure it was for Gia, too.

“So I was thinking,” Mel began, looking down at her friend. “We simply must go fishing for those little rubber duckies. It’s basically required,” Mel continued, tugging Gia’s arm gently towards where the game was. It was probably the easiest game at the fair, but it was the first one she’d ever done, and she had a collection of rubber duckies on her window sill from every year since.

She wondered if Seb would find his way here. He was with Chas, so Mel certainly wouldn’t be inviting him now. Seb knew where his priorities lay, and Melanie wasn’t going to tell him otherwise. If he liked Chas so much he could do it with him. As if Chas would ever willingly do something that wasn’t on his “itinerary”. Stupid, stuck up piece of human filth. Why Seb liked him she didn’t know, but just because he was her brother’s boyfriend it didn’t mean she had to like him. Or even be particularly civil.

“The first time I ever went to a fair, this was the game I played first. My mom helped me, and it seems ridiculous now because it’s so easy but…” Mel said, shrugging as they approached the booth. “It seemed like such a big deal then. Like it was me and mom against the world,” her voice grew quieter as she continued, but not sad. “She...she told me that if I could just get one duck. One stupid duck, and I could do anything I wanted. It was all about the ducks.”

A small laugh escaped her, and Mel’s grip tightened on Gia’s arm. “I call it the duck philosophy. If I’m ever scared to do something new, I think about the ducks,” she added, smiling. “I run a class, actually, at that place downtown. Hollywood’s Youth Center? I think that if children have an experience like the one that I did, that if they can do something so simple as catch a rubber ducky floating in water, or read a particularly challenging book—whatever it is that they’re nervous about—if they can do that, they can do anything…” Mel trailed off for a moment before continuing.

“It’s stupid, I know. But I have to do it, you know? It’s like if I don’t, who else will? Hollywood isn’t really an enriching place to grow up. This city isn’t meant for children, so having programs like mine is key,” she finished, not meaning to sound like she was bragging. It was just a simple fact. Her mother had always talked about the programs she’d run at Mel’s age, and Melanie tried her best to follow in her footsteps. To be even a fraction of the person her mother had been.

“So what do you say we catch ourselves some ducks, Gia, hmm?”
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: oh shite

basics
MENTIONS:
Alex ( Soap Soap )
INT:
Willow (@elaaraa) Cole ( sunshineysoul sunshineysoul ) Mari ( jasmyn jasmyn )
tags
TL;DR Mor realizes she made plans with Alex.
tl;dr
Morrigan Raine
Oh shite.

Mor allowed Mari to drag her to the pumpkin patch. Pumpkins filled the space, all white and orange, all shapes and sizes. She’d been doing this every year since she’d started going to HA. “We have to find the best one. I’m goin’ to name ‘im...I don’t know...uh...Henry. Unless you come up with a better name for ‘im, lass,” Mor said, holding onto Mari’s arm as they began their search for a suitable pumpkin. They had to hurry, or all the pumpkins leftover would be fair game for the people who came in with bats every year.

Cole and Willow had trailed after them, and Mor would be lying if she said that she didn’t think something was going on between the two. Willow had been sneaking glances at Cole since they got there, and now they were making plans to go to some Cafe. Smirking, Mor nudged Mari with her shoulder as she raised her eyebrows at the pair. The thing about her and Mari was that they could communicate without even speaking. It was why they got along so well. They’re totally into each other, her look said this time.

Cole would surely tell her if anything serious was happening with him and Willow, right? He would, she decided, standing up and walking over to them. “Come on, lad. You might be pretty, but yer more useful helpin’ us pick out a pumpkin,” she teased, tugging on his arm. “You too, Willow lass. Come help us find Henry,” she added, pulling them both gently towards where Mari was.

As Morrigan went to stoop down next to her best friend, her phone buzzed in her pocket. Alex. Shite. In all of Mor’s worrying about not ruining the night, she’d forgotten she’d made plans with her too. Shite.

“I...uh...I have t’ go. I told Alex I’d meet ‘er and now she’s waitin’ fer me. I’ll be back in a little bit, yeah?” Mor said, shoving her phone into her pocket. “Find Henry for me, Mari lass,” she called over her shoulder. She walked briskly towards the front of the fair, where they just were, pulling out her phone to text Alex.

I’m so sorry, Alex chara. Where are you?

code by valen t.

Last edited:
Jace
INTERACTIONS

Calcium, Oatmeal, Romeo

MENTIONS

N/A

"You'd take that risk, right?"

Callum's words echoed in his ears. Sure, he didn't like his sister -- but at the end of the day, when Jace tried to piece together exactly his argument against his baby sister, he realized that his mind almost... blanked. It wasn't like Ash had ever purposely gone out of her way to tear him down -- and someone deep within the years of built up hatred and anger directed towards his sister, Jace knew that. Jace knew that his anger was wrongly directed at her, that it was unjust to be selfish of her for things beyond her control.

But...

He...

He couldn't. He couldn't start chipping away at that deeply seated rage. Instead, all he could really do was let it fester and grow until he was seating at a picnic table at a stupid fair, hands sticky with powdered sugar, while he bonded with some guy over that same rage.

"Yeah," he mumbled in agreement. "Yeah, I'd take that risk."

Jace wondered what would happen -- what Cal's whole plan was, and what would happen with Ash in that moment.

He was Cal stood up, expecting the other boy to run away and go hangout with... Wait, did he say Oates? As in ex-boyfriend Oates?

Jace peeked over his shoulder to see, and his eyes widened when he saw not only Oates, but Rome. He hadn't really talked to Rome since last Monday -- when he'd tried to comfort Rome in that classroom, and when Rome had messaged him about some silly crush. Jace quickly turned back around, panic gripping him and squeezing hard at his heart until he thought it had stopped beating.

No, no, no, no. What was Rome doing? Calling them over here -- what the hell was he thinking?

Deep breaths, deep breaths.

Focus on the music.

MOOD: emotional smh

basics
MENTIONS:
None
INT:
Kai (@elaaraa)
tags
TL;DR star dust.
tl;dr
Kane Blackmore
Autumn leaves and star dust

As Kai pulled him towards the pumpkins, a pout replaced Kane’s grin, his lower lip jutting out. “But Kaiiii,” he whined grumpily. “I don’t like pictures.” As they approached the first row of pumpkins, however, a tiny smile was back on his face. His hand was still encapsulated inside of Kai’s in the coat pocket, and he made no move to let go. Even if it would be harder to take pictures and pick out a pumpkin like that.

Kane’s grey eyes scanned the space, his brows furrowed in concentration as he tried to look for the perfect pumpkin. “Which one should we get, Kai babe?” He asked, turning to the warm body besides him, Kane’s eyes crinkling as he smiled. In truth, if Kane had it his way they would get them all, but how they would do that he had no clue. So he left it up to Kai, more than happy with whatever decision he would make.

Kane darted around, tugging Kai along with him, inspecting each pumpkin as they went. At least Kai hadn’t taken his phone out to take pictures yet. Kane hated pictures, hated cameras and flashing lights. God knew he got enough of that whenever he went back to Chicago. His mother was all about publicity, and paparazzi were constantly harassing him. He swore she called them sometimes. They had an uncanny ability to know exactly where he was at all times.

A happy hum was coming from his throat as they went along, the human equivalent of a purr. His breath curled in wisps in front of them, and the hand that wasn’t holding Kai’s was beginning to turn numb at the tips, along with his ears and nose. Kai’s own features were tinged pink because of it, so Kane was sure he looked the same. But none of that mattered.

There was a song, playing in his head, one he had sang at an event a few years ago.

The falling leaves drift by the window
The autumn leaves of red and gold
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sun-burned hands I used to hold

He hummed the tune as they went along, wondering if Kai would remember and understand the words were for him, now. A small, secretive smile played on Kane’s lips as he lifted up each pumpkin, and continued humming.

Since you went away the days grow long
And soon I'll hear old winter's song
But I miss you most of all my darling
When autumn leaves start to fall

When Kai had gone back home, the loss of his friend could be felt for months, and he often found himself staring at the phone, waiting for a call, a text—anything, too afraid to do it himself. He’d find himself going to the places they used to hang out—the vintage cafe downtown, the Hollywood sign, the music room. Being in the music department had been a part of what had brought them together in the first place.

Oh I would like you so much to remember
The joyful days when we were friends.
At that time, life was more beautiful
And the sun burned more than it does today.

Kane lifted another pumpkin from where it lay, stealing sneaky glances at Kai every few seconds, still humming. Kai would remember or he wouldn’t. He’d understand or he wouldn’t. Regardless, this was as close to telling him outright as Kane would come.

Fallen leaves can be picked up by the shovelful.
You see, I have not forgotten…
Fallen leaves can be picked up by the shovelful,
So can memories and regrets.
And the north wind takes them
Into the cold night of oblivion.
You see, I have not forgotten
The song you used to sing me.

As he hummed the final verse of the song, Kane stopped where he was, and stood, staring up at the finally dark sky. The stars shone brightly, something that wasn’t common in Hollywood, and the full white moon hung in the sky, the pumpkins forgotten momentarily.

“Look at the stars, Kai,” he whispered, the smile gone and replaced by a look of quiet awe. Kane stole another glance at Kai out of the corner of his eye, the corners of his lips tugging upwards just barely. “I’ve always wondered what they look like up close,” he continued, his gaze back on the sky. “I’m not so stupid that I don’t know that I’d die if I got too close, but I’ve just always wondered what it feels like to be covered in star dust.”

A gust of wind blew by, sending a shiver up Kane’s spine. “And I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be a star. All made up of star stuff and born shining. Glowing, for all the world to see,” he continued, his voice quiet and serious. “Do you think they know, Kai? Do you think they know that they shine, that we look up at them and it hurts because they’re so beautiful?”

Kane shuffled a little closer to Kai, grey eyes still pinned on the sky, unable to look anywhere else. “When a star dies, when it runs out of hydrogen, it glows even brighter then, before it explodes. Isn’t that sad, Kai? That a star is at its most beautiful just before it dies? Maybe it knows, and as it says goodbye it lets all the love inside shine on the outside.”

Kane shrugged, suddenly self conscious, tearing his gaze from the night sky, where the stars glittered. “I know it’s stupid. Stars don’t feel anything,” he amended, eyes on the ground. “I’d just like to think that there’s a reason for it, that’s all. I wish humans were like that—I wish that we glowed for all the world to see, and at the end, everyone we ever loved would see, and they would know that we loved them. It would be so much easier than words,” Kane finished, his voice barely above a whisper but loud enough for Kai to hear. For some reason tears pricked at the corners of his eyes, and he fought them back, blinking a few times

He looked back up, at the sky, and he allowed himself to shed a single tear for the stars who shone so brightly, the shimmering silver drop hanging on the end of his nose. He could have sworn they smiled back.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 12:45 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Lucky
MOOD

pissed

the fall fair

Lucky chose a spot on the ground and made a point not to deter from it. It was easier. He didn’t need to see Dan’s face. He didn’t need to see how sorry he was. He didn’t need to me reminded of the Danny he used to know. He had sufficiently buried him the minute he left. Dan was sorry. He was sure that he meant every word he had just said, but that meant jack shit to Lucky. It didn’t make up for anything. Didn’t make up for the last three years Lucky spent alone.

He stood there patiently waiting for Danny to find whatever words he was trying to find. Yes. That’s all Lucky needed to here and he’d be gone. Back to avoidance. Back to blissful ignorance. Back to pretending that Daniel Cooper never existed. They weren’t friends. Not anymore.

Panic washed over when he saw Danny’s hand move towards him and he stepped back instinctively trying to play it off and just sticking his hands in his hoodie pockets.

“I...I would never say anythin’, Lucky,” he said.

Lucky took a breath of relief. Danny wasn’t ever someone who would betray his trust. But his Danny wouldn’t have left him high and dry, so the boy standing in front of him was a complete stranger. I mean, he could pretend, right?

“I haven’t said anythin’ for the past three years. What would change that now, hmm?” Danny asked gently, looking back up.

Lucky rolled his eyes, the anger he’d been repressing boiling over as he crossed his arms. “Oh, I don’t know, Danny, maybe the fact that I’m here. That after spending the last three years in New York with my dad which was a fucking blast, by the way…” He took a deep breath. “…I got out. I have a shot to do…something.” His eye met Danny’s. “And I’m not gonna let the fact that I’ve reminded you of my existence get in the way of that." He surveyed his surroundings.

"So, I’m just making sure that we’re on the same page. My business is just that. MINE.” He cleared his throat and stepped closer to Danny maintaining eye contact the entire time. “Cause if I find out different. Brisket won’t be the only thing you need to fear. Got it?” Lucky said, having no problem making eye contact at this point.

MOOD: Ready to have FUN

basics
MENTIONS: Nickie, Nate ditto ditto Winona Winona

INT: Hunter natsukashii natsukashii

tags
TL;DR Liv's a litttleeee high, and on the hunt for some excitement-- and much to her secret dismay, she found Hunter.
tl;dr
Livanna
My sleep is gonna be affected, If I keep it up like a lovesick crack head

Her gaze landed on someone she didn't want to spend time with. But that was evil, bad, Livanna shouldn't hold grudges-- besides, she was feeling amazinggg right now. Oxy had this special little thing inside of it or something. They released endorphins-- and to Liv? It was one of the best highs she'd ever gotten. The brunette glanced around the festival and decided to just go all in. Who even cared if Hunter was Hunter? He was someone who could entertain her. Liv absolutely hated being alone. "Hunter!" Livanna practically bounced on her heels, approaching him with an award winning smile.

Granted, they didn't have the best end of a relationship-- or if you could even call that a relationship. Or maybe you could? Hunter was her first... well, everything. He just didn't want to take it further than a quick fuck. Maybe that's why the 'relationship' between him and Nickie bugs her so much. Despite the attitude she gained from the younger girl, Liv didn't want her to end up all sad and alone... but it's not like that's what Liv felt like! She couldn't of cared less! Seriously. First kisses, first dates, a special 'first time.' All that was just... stupid. Who really wanted stuff like that? It wasn't like people actually did those things. That was only in movies or like... dumb romance novels or something.

She'd know first hand, most people wouldn't of expected Livanna to be such a sheltered child considering her outgoing personality. She never really experienced anything before Hollywood Arts. Nate had taken her under his wing, and look where she is now.

Perfectly perfect just as she should be.

"Poor baby. You here alone? No little bitty Nickie?"

code by valen t.

bend over backwards

After some more time spent being gay icons at Oates' apartment, the pair headed off to the fair, and Rome was in a considerably better mood. Now, instead of dreading what everyone would think or say when they saw him, Rome was just excited to have fun with his friend. He wasn't going to think about his... uh... sort-of boyfriend, or all the people who'd turned on him when his secret was revealed. He was going to focus on eating a shit-tonne of unhealthy and sugary food, and he was going to win at all the fair games.

His arm was looped through Oates' as they walked through the fairgrounds, and Rome was already trying to figure out what he was going to eat first. He followed Oates' line of sight as he looked over at something, and stopped talking as he spotted Callum... and Jace. That was an awkward situation if Rome had ever seen one. Rome and Callum hated each other, and Rome and Jace's relationship was nothing short of uncomfortable at that moment. He blinked at Oates when he started speaking, his immediate instinct being to say 'no, absolutely not', but it wasn't really his choice.

"Um... do you want to?" He asked, trying not to let his own feelings on the whole situation show on his face, and definitely trying to not look at Jace.
romir
MOOD: awks

OUTFIT: a hot fit

INTERACTIONS: mogy mogy hery hery Winona Winona

code by valen t.

Last edited:
Hunter Drake
As he walked around the fairgrounds, still amazed by the lights, still aimlessly searching for Nickie (or anyone in all honesty), Hunter was thinking about his little confrontation with Evie and others on Twitter. He made it a mission to stay off social media to focus on himself for a bit and then when he came back, let all of those feelings fester and grow into a bomb, he let it explode on Evie and basically everyone else who was caught in the crosshairs.

Why did he do this? He didn't know. He honestly had no fucking idea, but it was done. Somewhere inside, he might've regretted it only because he should've laid into her harder. He was too soft. Next time (if there was one) he'll know not to hold back.

"Hunter!" He wasn't paying attention, so Hunter didn't hear Liv approach him; only her voice screech from one side and that smile he remembered from last year.

He greeted her with a half-smile. Nothing too off-putting, but he wasn't in the mood to put in any effort past the bare minimum. "Hey Liv," he stated simply.

"Poor baby. You here alone? No little bitty Nickie?" She asked.

He just stared at her. So is that what she wants?

Just because they shared a few nice moments in his freshman year and word traveled about Hunter possibly being with Nickie, now suddenly she wants to hang around him? Hunter didn't even know what to make of this. Liv had avoided him for the majority of last year. It wasn't that he blamed her; he turned her down, she was a bit heartbroken, and they went about their own business. He couldn't say he was a little suspicious about her, though.

"I literally just got here," he clarified, staring at Liv, keeping his gaze at eye level. "Haven't seen Nickie nor anyone else for that matter."
fall fair

mood

great what do you want?

outfit

boy looks like a rich bum

tags

Liv Soap Soap || Mentioned: Evie jasmyn jasmyn
coded by natasha.

MOOD: Ready to have FUN

basics
MENTIONS: Nickie, Nate ditto ditto Winona Winona

INT: Hunter natsukashii natsukashii

tags
TL;DR Liv's a litttleeee high, and on the hunt for some excitement-- and much to her secret dismay, she found Hunter.
tl;dr
Livanna
My sleep is gonna be affected, If I keep it up like a lovesick crack head

Well, he wasn't very good at keeping conversation now was he?

How rude.

Naturally, this didn't turn Liv away-- if anyone even looked her way, they'd know she's as persistent as she was annoying-- it was a charming trait really, at least in her own eyes. "Would you look at that, me too!" Liv smiled, throwing on a shrug and gesturing towards the games. She hadn't been to many carnivals. Well, there was a few times but they were very rare. But the games were her favorite part. Oh-so-very much. "Wanna play a game?" She challenged. It almost sounded suggestive, but everything with Livanna sounded suggestive.

She barely even let him answer before dragging him to the games.

Ring toss.

Oh, she was a pro at this. "Please? I mean, look at that thing. Tell me you don't want that." A giggle escaped her and a snort or two. Okay, so. The drugs had fully kicked in by now, but it wasn't like she was overly intoxicated to the point of something crazy.

She was just feeling good. Really, really good. She took a deep breath and eyed the giant unicorn above her. "We don't have to like each other to have fun. You afraid of a little competition, Drake?" One might say there was something hidden there, but Liv couldn't exactly place what it was-- and Hunter most likely didn't either. This whole situation was probably weird for Hunter. Really weird. Hell, it was weird for Liv too but... she didn't really have anyone else to hang out with right now, and unfortunately for Hunter-- he happened to be here at just the right time.
code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back