• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here
nickie abrams
you've just gotta keep on, keep on.​
How are you feeling?
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Gen's place.
Did you mention anyone?
Ash. Charlie. Rome.
Who are you talking to?
Hunter.
And, like, who are tagging, exactly?
Can I get a tl;dr?
Nickie gets a refill of her drink and waits for Hunter to break things off.
Nickie’s brows knit as Hunter made a lame attempt at a conversation change by suggesting that he get her a refill.

Shit, she’d made things awkward and tense again. She was blowing this.

“Yeah,” she agreed, lifting her eyes for a moment and giving him a small smile before looking away again. “Thanks.” She let him take her cup, and her eyes followed after him as he walked away from her.

She leaned her head back against the wall, closing her eyes and letting out a slow exhale.

Party. She was at a party right now. You know, those things that she used to be at the center of. The ones that she used to guzzle alcohol with Ash at. The ones that she used to dance with Charlie at. The ones that she used to hype Rome up about his dance moves at. The ones that she used to get plastered and laid at, while everyone look along and laughed with her.

She used to enjoy this, but now, without the alcohol in her hand and without Hunter, one of the only people who didn’t hate her, at her side, she opened her lips and whispered to herself, “What…the hell…am I doing here?”

She wasn’t dancing. She wasn’t smiling. She wasn’t having a drinking contest that she was competing in even though she knew that she would lose. She didn’t have her arm around another drunk girl as she screamed the lyrics to some song that she barely knew, and she didn’t have her lips against a boy who she would probably never see again. Tonight, if she was lucky enough to not break down sobbing and passing out in her vehicle, she would go home to her empty apartment, smelling like the scent that she hated— alcohol— and flopping face down on her bed, and she would cry herself to sleep. Hunter would discard her, cut her off here at this party, and she’d do that thing that she did where she looked down the faces of those who hated her and spat in them because she couldn’t let anyone go on good terms because that wasn’t what she did or whatever the hell.

She braced herself for impact, trying not to let her tears flow preemptively.

Was she going to have to do that thing, too? That thing where she took a bottle just to forget what was happening, just so that she could black out and magically wake up in the same shitty world ten hours later with an aching head in a place that she didn’t recognize?

She lifted her head, glancing around herself again. Gorgeous people who hated her surrounded her, staring at her and talking about her. It’s what she’d thought before, it was what she thought now. No, she didn’t just think it, actually. She knew it.

As she watched Hunter approach again, she braced herself. She was going to take this on her chin and not break down in front of him. She was going to make it to her car, at least.

“Thanks,” she muttered as she took the cup from him and took a large gulp, holding back a grimace as the foul smell hit her nose.

She lowered her cup, her eyes lifting to Hunter as the silence grew between them.

Go on, she begged him. Please. So I can get drunk quicker, and so I don’t end up wasting your time any longer.

“Hunter,” she said quietly, “go ahead and say it.”

She lifted her eyes to him. “I know how you feel about me. Just...please say it.”

I can’t take this any longer.
º º code by ditto º º​

Last edited:

- Location.
Home -> Party
- Tags.
Charlie ( geminiy geminiy ), Trevor ( ditto ditto ), [Mentions: ]
-Outfit.
Jinkies! O-O

Hearing the familiar banter between her roommates and best friends actually eased a lot of the anxiety slowly building up in the pit of her stomach as she had been getting ready. The compliments from both of them were also appreciated. Though as nice as they always said she looked a part of her couldn't help but take it with a grain of salt. They were her best friends of course they would say she was pretty.

They both looked awesome in their costumes as well, but even in that she felt...off? She didn't feel in sync with them. Honestly it'd been a feeling that had been growing ever since her chat with Charlie last week. When she had that embarrassing moment of jealousy over Lin. It was silly really, and now that they were officially dating any of the definitely lingering feelings from the matter felt even more stupid and useless, and she shoved them away. She seemed to be having to do that a lot lately.

She watched as a surprisingly sober Trev struggled to put on shoes. She was glad he was sober at the moment, it was a refreshing change especially since he's the one who drives them around most of the time...being the only one with a car and all. Still...it was just shoes. Could someone be more functional high then sober? Was that a thing?

She laughed at his enthusiasm about the costumes. That was something all three of them were definitely in agreement on, "I know! That's what I've been telling Lucky all week! We've got this thing in the bag." She smirked. Well not just Lucky, but mostly him and sometimes ash. Spidey squad was going down. They had the mystery van AND a dog! "Jinkies, you're gonna need to work on that." She giggled at his attempt to sound like a shaggy Zoinks. Amy was excited to show off their outfits, and have a good time with her friends. She was having a hard time remembering the last time the three of them really hung out. Sure they lived together so they saw each other all the time...but really hung out, talked, laughed? It'd been too long.

With a call from their fearless Fred they were out and on their way.
🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

Watching Trevor try to parallel park was painful, and the jerking wasn't doing wonders for her head. Luckily on try number what 7? He finally just let it be and they all climbed out. She never thought she'd be so thankful for the floor. Driving Trevor was fine, but parking? Ugh. Anyways they were finally here and that's what mattered! The party wasn't really in full swing, but that was fine, that just meant she could actually hear herself think.

The place was truly magnificent. Gen spoke quite a bit about her wealth and influence, but Amy could've never imagined this. It looked like something out of a show, or like those huge mansions and castles shown on big dating shows like the bachelor. She made a mental note to not get lost in the sauce of it all.

“Hey, uh, I’m gonna go find Lin and maybe go say hi to some other people. We’ll catch up in a bit, okay?

Already? She kinda thought she'd have a little more time with her best friend tonight because while she was promising later...parties never seem to go according to plan. She couldn't help but feel a little disappointment in the pit of her stomach. Nothing she supposed she couldn't drink away. It's not like Amy didn't know that Charlie would wanna spend time with Lin, but it felt too much like the fair had except this time she didn't have to drag Trevor off with her. The fair had been an absolute nightmare for her, and she wanted this party to be the exact opposite of that...it wasn't off to a great start in that regard. "O-oh ok." She waved as Charlie jetted off. She didn't have a moment to let it sink in though because Trevor's words caught her attention. That's right she still had Trevor here with her! She smiled back warmly, "Yah. I mean it fits sometimes Velma goes with Shaggy and Scoob when the gang splits up." She chimed.

She grinned following his lead to the drinks. She had never been much of a drinker until she dated Kordei, and now even more so after the break-up. Not that she thought anyone would notice, not that she wanted them too. That being said him pouring her the first cup of many for the night was a received with a warm welcome, "You can say that again!" She giggled downing the drink almost immediately.

What came next she hadn't really expected. Her brow instinctively rose in confusion by the sudden shift in him. Was he trying to check in on her? It was odd hearing him ask since honestly most people hadn't. While it was very publicly obvious that most people sided with her in the whole Dei break up thing...there were actually very few people who'd taken the time in the past couple weeks to actually try and figure out if she was genuinely ok. She supposed that was the whole point of acting like she was fine, and she had just chopped it up to her being a great actress...but a part of her kinda wish someone still had tried to ask and Trev trying right now however odd it was...was nice. She appreciated the gesture from him and it was a sweet reminder that he was in fact also one of her best friends for a reason.

However that didn't mean she knew how to answer his question. Was she going to be ok tonight? He made it sound like she was about to get ditched once again and he needed to know that even if he left she'd be fine. She supposed she couldn't expect him to hang out with her all night either. He had other friends after all. Would she be ok? Was she ok? She'd spent a lot of her energy trying not to think about everything to keep her head above water. Then it dawned on her that it didn't matter if she was or not, "I'm fine, thanks for asking." She spoke simply while refilling her drink.

Even if the answer was no, she wasn't ok still, she wasn't sure if she'd be ok by the end of the night...that didn't mean she should worry him about it and bring his night down. If she wasn't ok then she'd cross that bridge when it becomes a serious problem. Until then? She was fine.

Plus this was a party the last thing she should do is start it off by spilling her guts out, "I love you Trev, but maybe right now isn't the best time." She added. She didn't want him to think she didn't trust him or anything. Had he asked her this anytime during the week while they were at home, and maybe just chilling she'd be more inclined to risk talking about it...but not here, not at this big party surrounded by people. And what if Dei showed up? Then she'd look like a mess sin front of him too. Nope not gonna happen, not worth the risk. Sure she figured he wouldn't due to what happened between him and Gen, Evie, and Nate along with the fact she heard he'd been whisked off on a tour...but she still wasn't taking chances.

"Enough about me, how've you been doing!?" She hummed trying to lighten the mood back up and taking a sip of her drink. "I feel like everyone's been so busy lately."
Amethyst K. Jones
coded by incandescent

Hearing the familiar banter between her roommates and best friends actually eased a lot of the anxiety slowly building up in the pit of her stomach as she had been getting ready. The compliments from both of them were also appreciated. Though as nice as they always said she looked a part of her couldn't help but take it with a grain of salt. They were her best friends of course they would say she was pretty.

They both looked awesome in their costumes as well, but even in that she felt...off? She didn't feel in sync with them. Honestly it'd been a feeling that had been growing ever since her chat with Charlie last week. When she had that embarrassing moment of jealousy over Lin. It was silly really, and now that they were officially dating any of the definitely lingering feelings from the matter felt even more stupid and useless, and she shoved them away. She seemed to be having to do that a lot lately.

She watched as a surprisingly sober Trev struggled to put on shoes. She was glad he was sober at the moment, it was a refreshing change especially since he's the one who drives them around most of the time...being the only one with a car and all. Still...it was just shoes. Could someone be more functional high then sober? Was that a thing?

She laughed at his enthusiasm about the costumes. That was something all three of them were definitely in agreement on, "I know! That's what I've been telling Lucky all week! We've got this thing in the bag." She smirked. Well not just Lucky, but mostly him and sometimes ash. Spidey squad was going down. They had the mystery van AND a dog! "Jinkies, you're gonna need to work on that." She giggled at his attempt to sound like a shaggy Zoinks. Amy was excited to show off their outfits, and have a good time with her friends. She was having a hard time remembering the last time the three of them really hung out. Sure they lived together so they saw each other all the time...but really hung out, talked, laughed? It'd been too long.

With a call from their fearless Fred they were out and on their way.
🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

Watching Trevor try to parallel park was painful, and the jerking wasn't doing wonders for her head. Luckily on try number what 7? He finally just let it be and they all climbed out. She never thought she'd be so thankful for the floor. Driving Trevor was fine, but parking? Ugh. Anyways they were finally here and that's what mattered! The party wasn't really in full swing, but that was fine, that just meant she could actually hear herself think.

The place was truly magnificent. Gen spoke quite a bit about her wealth and influence, but Amy could've never imagined this. It looked like something out of a show, or like those huge mansions and castles shown on big dating shows like the bachelor. She made a mental note to not get lost in the sauce of it all.

“Hey, uh, I’m gonna go find Lin and maybe go say hi to some other people. We’ll catch up in a bit, okay?

Already? She kinda thought she'd have a little more time with her best friend tonight because while she was promising later...parties never seem to go according to plan. It's not like Amy didn't know that Charlie would wanna spend time with Lin, but it felt too much like the fair had except this time she didn't have to drag Trevor off with her. The fair had been an absolute nightmare for her, and she wanted this party to be the exact opposite of that...it wasn't off to a great start in that regard. "O-oh ok." She waved as Charlie jetted off. She didn't have a moment to let it sink in though because Trevor's words caught her attention. That's right she still had Trevor here with her! She smiled back warmly, "Yah. I mean it fits sometimes Velma goes with Shaggy and Scobey when the gang splits up." She chimed.

She grinned following his lead to the drinks. She had never been much of a drinker until she dated Kordei, and now even more so after the break-up. Not that she thought anyone would notice, not that she wanted them too. That being said him pouring her the first cup of many for the night was a received with a warm welcome, "You can say that again." She giggled downing the drink almost immediately.

What came next she hadn't really expected. Her brow instinctively rose in confusion by the sudden shift in him. Was he trying to check in on her? It was odd hearing him ask since honestly most people hadn't. While it was very publicly obvious that most people sided with her in the whole Dei break up thing...there were actually very few people who'd taken the time in the past couple weeks to actually try and figure out if she was genuinely ok. She supposed that was the whole point of acting like she was fine, and she had just chopped it up to her being a great actress...but a part of her kinda wish someone still had tried to ask and Trev trying right now however odd it was...was nice. She appreciated the gesture from him and it was a sweet reminder that he was in fact also one of her best friends for a reason.

However that didn't mean she knew how to answer his question. Was she going to be ok tonight? He made it sound like she was about to get ditched once again and he needed to know that even if he left she'd be fine. She supposed she couldn't expect him to hang out with her all night either. He had other friends after all. Would she be ok? Was she ok? She'd spent a lot of her energy trying not to think about everything to keep her head above water. Then it dawned on her that it didn't matter if she was or not, "I'm fine, thanks for asking." She spoke simply while refilling her drink.

Even if the answer was no, she wasn't ok still, she wasn't sure if she'd be ok by the end of the night...that didn't mean she should worry him about it and bring his night down. If she wasn't ok then she'd cross that bridge when it becomes a serious problem. Until then? She was fine.

Plus this was a party the last thing she should do is start it off by spilling her guts out, "I love you Trev, but maybe right now isn't the best time." She added. She didn't want him to think she didn't trust him or anything. Had he asked her this anytime during the week while they were at home, and maybe just chilling she'd be more inclined to risk talking about it...but not here, not at this big party surrounded by people. And what if Dei showed up? Then she'd look like a mess sin front of him too. Nope not gonna happen, not worth the risk. Sure she figured he wouldn't due to what happened between him and Gen, Evie, and Nate along with the fact she heard he'd been whisked off on a tour...but she still wasn't taking chances.

"Enough about me, how've you been doing!?" She hummed trying to lighten the mood back up and taking a sip of her drink. "I feel like everyone's been so busy lately."

TREVOR CALLAGHAN
@trev_or_nah has set his status to:
Chatting.

@trev_or_nah has set his outfit to:
The things I do for my roommates...They'd better be glad that I'm not a serial killer, as everyone seems to assert, or they'd be out o' luck.

@trev_or_nah has set his location to:
The Johannes mansion. Alone, obviously, because I don't have anyone to go with and my roommates don't count. Where else? Since when have I ever missed a place that I could smoke and get some?
I know I have a girlfriend. Listen, I gotta keep my act up, if nothing else. I've got a reputation to uphold, even if I can't uphold it in anything beyond my location. Shut up.

@trev_or_nah has mentioned:
Ash

@trev_or_nah has interacted with:
Amy

@trev_or_nah has tagged:
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

@trev_or_nah has written a tl;dr:
Trevor chats with Amy.
✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐
✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑
✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐
✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑
✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎
✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑
✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐
✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑
✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎
✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑
✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐
As Amy spoke, Trevor drew from his cup, swallowing with his brows knit as he listened. He nodded at her answer. “Right-o.” Yeah, what the hell was he thinking, starting the night off a question like that? What a downer it was. That wasn’t what he had meant, but regardless of his intentions, that’s all his words had resulted in.

That was how it always went with Trevor— never as planned, despite his best intentions.

“Oh, I’m grand,” he said, his eyes trailing to scope out all of the girls who he couldn’t have tonight, a light grin coming onto his face at the sights that met his eyes. “Busy’s about right, though— tha Arts Fest’s right around tha corner, ya know. If ya wondered why I’m locked in my room most tha hours of tha day nowadays, it’s not ‘cuz I’m ignoring ya all.” That was only partially a lie. “This script is kickin' my arse. I really let myself get down to tha wire, an’ then Ash an’ I got inta a conversation about it at tha fair that made me want ta change tha direction’a thin’s, which, ya know, while it is grand fer tha story an’ all, but now it’s all fecked up.” He leaned back on the table a bit, and the drinks let out a CLINK that made him grimace and lean up a bit. Knocking over the drink table was not exactly what he wanted to do (first thing, or any time tonight).

“See, tha thin’ is,” he began, which was always a warning of here comes a long-winded monologue about something rather inconsequential to everyone else, “Gene— who was a side character, stoner guy, preferably long hair, though Nate agreed ta be in tha role, so he’s goin’ ta be that character…anywhat, Gene was originally a side character. A few lines, nothin’ major, but he’s, ahm, a life coach ta tha main character— who’s a girl named Darla, who’s goin’ ta be played by Mari, if she’s still offerin’. I keep gettin’ side-tracked, don’t I…ahm…anyway, she was originally supposed to fall in love with the bus driver— it was a whole thin’— but it turned out that she had more blah blah blah...” He trailed off with a laugh when he noticed that he was talking too much. “Point bein’, I’m doin’ too much work because I tried ta force a square puzzle into a round circle...” That wasn’t the phrase. “Square piece into a triangul—“ He laughed, taking another drink of his cup. “...ah! Round hole in a square peg!” (This still wasn’t it, but he had assumed that it was and moved on.)

“But yeah. Busy, busy, busy...doin’ nothin’ last Saturday night after tha fair came back ta bite me in bah-hookey.” He shook his head, kneading his forehead a bit with a chuckle as a bit of pain pinched at the memory that he had so much work to do on his script.

He was Trevor Callaghan— S. T. Callaghan. This was his chance for a break bigger than a couple of showings at a film festival or a critical review in a small-time magazine. It had to be perfect, and here he was, neglecting it to party.

He needed to let loose and have fun, but he wasn’t far in enough to have or be too fun, yet. That was, he hadn’t drank enough yet.

“Speakin’ of, ya still owe me fer tha fair. I haven’t put jelly in yer pillowcase yet, but that doesn’t mean yer off the hook,” he fussed lightly. It was obvious by his tone of voice that he was just picking and that he didn’t really mean what he said. “Now how is tha question...” He tapped his chin in mock pensiveness before downing nearly all of the rest of what was in his cup. “I say ya pay me back by...”

He gave a soft laugh and a concerned smile. “...enjoyin’ yerself tanight,” he concluded. “I know ya need it.” He paused a moment. “I can’t stay with ya tha entire night— I made a couple’a arrangements— but I wanna do what I can, Amy.”
º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: Where are all the good drinks?

OUTFIT: Rockin’ that sexy slinky dog costume

basics
MENTIONS:
Mari ( jasmyn jasmyn ) Cole ( sunshineysoul sunshineysoul )

INT:
Alex ( Soap Soap )
tags
TL;DR no.
tl;dr
Morrigan Raine
"I may not be a smart dog, but I know what road kill is."

To say that Gen’s house was huge was to put it lightly. Mor had known that her family was rich, but never in a million years would she have expected this. Even walking through the pristine house felt wrong, like she’d end up breaking something if she looked at it the wrong way. To think that Gen and Eli would ever just let drunken idiots like the ones that just brushed past them wander around unsupervised came as a shock to her.

Mor smirked at Alex’s remark, shrugging. “Only a million? Don’t sell yourself short, chara,” she played along, nimbly stepping around an abandoned solo cup. “Their napkins are probably worth more than me n’ Mari’s apartment. And the toilet paper?” she added, a dramatic expression of awe on her face. “Twenty-four karat white gold, four ply,” she whispered, glancing around the room. Mor laughed brightly, leading Alex towards the kitchen, where snacks and drinks—two party necessities—were sure to be.

Mor wasn’t a stranger to parties, and had gone to more than her fair share of them since moving to America, but...there was always this underlying sense of anxiety whenever she went to one, like something wrong would inevitably happen. So it was nice, for once, to have someone—in this case, Alex—be more uncomfortable than her.

“One? There is no teaching my ways. You just let it happen. It comes naturally,” Mor began, as they reached the kitchen. The room was bigger than her entire apartment, all high end technology and glittering dishes. “Two,” she continued, taking a baby carrot off of one of the platters of food. She crunched down on it dramatically, smirking at the noise that ensued. I am the designated drink finder. I don’t trust you to not get lost, or distracted, or to choose some awful drink that not even my nan would touch.”

Thus began her search through the space for an acceptable drink, sending her digging through coolers full of all sorts of beverages. There was soda—sprite, root beer, coke, ginger ale—in one. Juice of all sorts in another. Not what she was looking for. Well, to be honest, Mor didn’t quite know what she was looking for, only that soda and juice wasn’t it. The last cooler held miscellaneous alcoholic beverages—cans of beer, hard lemonade, seltzer, all things she despised. Sighing, Mor straightened. It seemed she wasn’t doing much better than she claimed Alex would.

“You would think that there would be more of an array,” Mor said, handing Alex a can of sprite. She didn’t even know if her friend liked sprite, but it had been the first thing she’d grabbed.

“And as for Mari n’ Cole? I have no clue where they are, so you’re stuck with me for now.”

code by valen t.

Ava Sanders
"Life is for keeping score."

@queenofhell has set their status to:
hella spooky

@queenofhell has set their outfit to:
literally look at the gif

@queenofhell has interacted with:
Jules

@queenofhell has mentioned:
N/A

@queenofhell has tagged:
Soap Soap
No, her heart didn't start beating faster when JJ leaned close to apply the lipstick.

No, Ava's breathing didn't hitch and catch because of the close proximity.

No, her cheeks hadn't reddened as JJ moved close enough that she was worried Jules might hear the pounding of her heart.

... Okay, so all of that wasn't true. Surprise, surprise, Ava Sanders was a liar when it came to things such as... admitting to any of the above. It was a hard thing to admit to, alright? That she had these feelings for her best friend that wouldn't go away. Hell, Ava couldn't remember what it was like to have support or someone to talk to that you couldn't even tell your biggest secret to.

That, you know, being crushes. Alas, sitting around in a group of middle school girls as they giggled about who they had crushes on had been something that had inevitably skipped over her -- because JJ had always been there, and Ava had struggled with her own feelings, but she had grown to embrace them.

And yet, the only person she could talk to about them was her mom.

And yeah, she had.

If Ava was anyone else, she would probably find that rather pathetic but, seeing as how this was Ava who viewed nothing she did as pathetic or a waste of time, well... it really didn't bother her all that much.

She smacked her lips together when JJ drew away. The feeling of her lips sticking together thanks to the colored waxy oil that had now been applied was something that Ava knew she would never grow used to. Her lips curled back slightly in disgust from the feeling. How did girls really parade around in this and think they looked good?

"This is just for Halloween right? We both know you don't have the energy to keep up this façade forever."

Jules knew her far too well. And Ava had parted her sticky lips to reply, when JJ continued speaking.

"Besides... I like the actual Ava better."

Was it just her or was it a little hot in here?

"'Course you do," Ava remarked. Her mouth felt dry and she pressed her tongue to the roof of her mouth and let out a little laugh before she continued speaking. "I heard that Ava chick is fucking badass." A grin spread across her face and she relaxed a little bit now that Jules was... not touching her and in such close proximity.

If Ava was a hopeful girl, she would've looked too far into those words. She would've felt something behind them, something more than a friend appreciating her other friend, but Ava wasn't an idiot. She wasn't some hopeless romantic seeking validation in every word uttered to her by the object of her infatuation.

She knew it was just... Jules missing the mess that Ava usually was.

"No way I'm wearing this shit after tonight." Ava admitted. "I hate the breeze on my legs," she gestured down to her bare legs, "the shoes are uncomfortable," even if they were just flats instead of her normal sneakers, "I don't want to see this much of my boobs," she gestured to her chest which, really, wasn't even that pronounced, "and it took me like two hours to do all of this makeup shit and the fucking hair. There's so much hair all over in my room and I burned one of the extensions with a straightener."

Long story.

"The makeup makes it feel like I belong in a circus, and..." she could keep going on about everything she hated about her current getup, but Ava just shook her head with a dismissive snort.

"You better get a good look, Jules, 'cause after tonight? I'm never parting with my pants or getting ready two hours before I'm fucking due to be somewhere ever again."

It was all just...

Too much work.

"You look good, though. Red devil -- fitting. You gotta get a group photo with all the other devils."
º º code by ditto º º

"Do one thing a day that scares you..."
Madelaine Harlow
@MaddieModels has set status:
"Let's let loose and have fun."

@MaddieModels has set outfit to:

demon, not devil bc jj is an idea theif. see, added some wings.

@MaddieModels set location to:
apartment to party

@MaddieModels interacted with:
corey

@MaddieModels has tagged:

natsukashii natsukashii

"Stop wearing your hair in a bun, it makes your face look too chubby." "Sit straight, ladies don't slouch." "You need to wear more make up than that. But not red, it isn't your color." "Did you gain five pounds over the weekend." Blah. Blah. Blah. All her mother ever did was critizie her and watch her every move like a hawk stalking it's prey. You hear the term mom-ager in the media for overbearing, prominent mother figures who also manage their children's career. Let me tell you though, Kris Jenner has nothing on Angela Harlow.

The woman was far from some doting mother wanting to geniuenely help her children follow their dreams. She was manipulative, borerline emotionally abusive and controlling. God was she controlling! Not just in Madelaine's modeling either. She wanted to be in charge of every single aspect of the girl's life. From what clothes she wore to the friends she had an even down to her love life. Maddie had gotten away with a lot mostly because Corey was such a good friend and he often covered for her but even then there was only so much he could do.

Being from family like the Harlow's meant that they were often watched. Their parents were both very well-known and since moving to LA people had only seemed to be more interested in what they were doing. Even with Corey as a cover, it didn't always work out. Maddie's last boyfriend, Gus, had been revealed to her mother when they attended a party and some creep caught a picture of them leaving together. Of course, her mother once again dug deep and presented Maddie with another ultimatum. Just as she had done the past with plenty others.

Maybe it sounded stupid for Maddie to just do what her parents asked, as Dorian so often pointed out, but she had her reasons. Ranging from not wanting to disappoint, to not wanting to be cut off to trying to protect the person her mother was threatening. You see, when Angela Harlow made threats, you didn't call her bluff. She was well connected in the industry and on top of it, very very persuasive. Do with that information what you will.

“Wowzers! That looks amazing, Maddie!” Corey's voice pulled her out of her own thoughts and she couldn't help but smile at his compliment. "You don't think the...." she stopped, pointing and the star she'd drawn on her chest, "it's not too much?" she finished. Looking over his costume she was glad that he'd let Evie help him out because the goldie locks wig thing he had before, yeah that look worked for no one. "This is much better than the gown thing. You look good. Might have a hard time keeping the ladies at bay," she teased, the smile still firmly planted on her lips.

She was supposed to be a devil but of course JJ claimed that she'd already called dibs on it. Why was it that they always seemed in some petty competition with each other over trivial things? Did they really need to carry the feud into high school? Ugh. Maddie had found some wings in her mother's closest from an old photoshoot though and just her luck, they were black. So now she was calling herself a demon rather than a devil and she didn't care what JJ had to say about it.

It wasn't long before the pair had made it to Gen and Eli's place, Maddie having agreed to drive there if he drove them back. It was probably better since she was more likely to be buzzed leaving this party than him. Stepping out and closing the door to her black Range Rover, Maddie began to get more excited. "Come on, Coco! We should find a party game! No worries, we will find one that doesn't involve stripping. Models honor," she said, holding her hand up as if mocking the boy scouts honor signal.

º º code by ditto º º

"Life is much more fun in the fast lane..."
Josephine Bennett

@JosieCat has set status to:
"Par-taaaaaaay!"

@JosieCat has set outfit to:
That one space princess.

@JosieCat has set location to:

Party.

@JosieCat has interacted with:
Lucky. Saint. Gus.

@JosieCat has tagged:

gh0stwriter gh0stwriter ditto ditto sunshineysoul sunshineysoul
“Not weird, Jos. The guys a half-baked dickwad with a huge stick up his ass.” Maybe if Josie wasn't so damn buzzed she would've gone into a speech about how Trevor was a good guy despite being a bit of a jerk sometimes. It wasn't like Lucky was innocent on that scale either after all. She knew him well enough to know that being an asshole was something he was well-versed in too. Instead, a very high and slightly tipsy Jo just offered a simple eye roll and a threat, jokingly. Obviously, she wouldn't really do it...

"Whatever you say. You two pick on each other and it's weird. Just kiss and makeup or something. Don't force me to make you two friends by planning out some elaborate prank because I will," she teased, nudging him. She hadn't even noticed at first when he took the flask from her until she looked down to take a drink. "Rude!" she whined slightly, jumping back into Twitter just before they pulled up to the big house.

Just as they stepped beyond the threshold of the front door, Jo felt her phone vibrate and the text from Gus flashed across her screen. "Sooooo, I'm gonna be a terrible best friend and totally ditch you right now. I have to find...someone," she said. Why was she pretending that it was a secret who she was going to meet? She knew that Lucky was fully aware of who she was looking for. "Au revoir," she said as if she even knew what the phrase really meant.

And with that, she was walking off before there was much more of a discussion. She scanned the crowd for the familiar blonde but of course, her luck was never the best. It wouldn't be her big debut back into the party scene if she didn't run into the very ex she'd been avoiding parties because of, would it? Pregaming was either the best or worst choice she'd made so far because while sober Jo would've walked past him silently, crossed Jo was a whole different story.

There he stood, leaned against a wall in a mediocre cat costume. She'd be lying if she said he didn't somehow make such a stupid costume look hot but she would never in a million years say that out loud. As she got closer she noticed he was bleeding, not like a scratch or something but like someone had punched him in the face. He probably deserved it. "Well, you look like shit," she said halting in front of him.

They might've been in two completely different costumes but was it some sort of joke that they were both dressed in white? It was supposed to be a pure color and neither of them even came close to being that. "Looks like someone finally got tired of you being such a dick, huh? I gotta find out who and remember to send them a thank you card," she added.

Why was she still standing here? She knew why though. Deep down she wanted to hear what he had to say and that only pissed her off even more. Move, Josephine. After a few more seconds of being practically frozen, she finally mustered the strength to put her body back in motion. Walking away and back in search of way better company than Saint Taylor.

"Gus! Hey!" she shouted when she finally found him, her eyes lighting up again. The previous, toxic, encounter faded away and she felt more at ease. "I know I pregamed without you but I brought this to make up for it," she smirked, holding up the joint. Yes, from the stolen Trevor stash. Sue her. "Shots first then smoke?" she suggested. It had been a while and Jo just wanted to have a good time tonight. Gus and party favors seemed perfect for that.
º º code by ditto º º

Adriane Holloway
"I want to live, not merely survive."

@omg_adriane has set their status to:
ewwww

@omg_adriane has set their outfit to:
catwoman? yes

@omg_adriane has interacted with:
Mike

@omg_adriane has mentioned:
Chas, JJ, Ronnie

@omg_adriane has tagged:
ditto ditto
He knew who she lived with? Freaking creep.

Although, well, it wasn't like it was a secret. JJ did just love to air all of the roommates' bickering out on public Twitter, much to the annoyance of Adriane. Everyone already knew that the residents of their beloved apartment were a difficult crew to deal with and happened to be... well, they all happened to be bitches. Everyone knew this -- they didn't need more ammo or to see that publicly displayed just because JJ had the social maturity of a preschooler and didn't know how to handle issues with her roommates aside from calling them out publicly.

Adriane's lips pursed together at the thought. JJ was well on her way to ruling the school once Adriane and Gen had graduated -- the others that would be left behind were really just pitiful replacements -- and it was what Adriane was grooming her for. To be top bitch material. However, that was more difficult when she was consistently reminded of JJ's immaturity.

Honestly, she just needed to grow up. She wasn't a child anymore.

She crossed one arm over her while her forefinger tapped against the side of the red solo cup. Mike's words were... annoying, to say the least. Adriane was a woman of action, not small talk. She hadn't come to this party to chitchat with people she could hardly tolerate. Adriane had come to this party for a few other reasons.

That was to make an appearance. Get drunk. Maybe, if she was lucky, find someone that would offer her a few, ahem, "party enhancers." And then she could find someone to have sex with and...

Back to the apartment. Her plan involved none of this ridiculous small talk.

"Mm, I'm owning it." She clarified, one eyebrow quirking up as she again scanned Mike's form and his pitiful costume. "You... you look okay. Not owning it, but not completely trash."

In Adriane speech that meant "yeah, you look good."

She brought the cup back up to her lips again. Adriane sipped carefully in an attempt to keep her lipstick from smudging at all as she brought the cup back down. Although the alcohol left behind a sour taste in her mouth, it didn't burn going down her throat -- which for her meant one thing: it was simply too weak.

There was no way she was getting drunk off of this.

Adriane, a little less carefully this time, swallowed the rest of what was in her cup and set it down on the table while Mike continued to speak about... oh who knows. She honestly could care less, so she was only listening with one ear really. Adriane's itinerary for the night had been simple and Mike was honestly an extra bullet point on her list that she didn't need.

As she picked up a bottle of alcohol, Mike made his dumb remark asking for her to turn around and she looked back at him, eyes narrowing slightly. "You're hilarious, Mike." Her voice was deadpanned as she opened the bottle and poured some of it into the red cup. And by some of it, she filled the cup nearly a quarter of the way before putting the cap back on the bottle.

Getting drunk off of provided alcohol? Yes please.

"Aren't those everyone's plans at parties?" Adriane responded. "Drink, drink, drink, have sex. Anyone that says that's not why they're here are either lying or boring as fuck and aren't worth your time."

Her life motto as she picked up a random bottle of not alcohol and poured some of it into the cup along with the alcohol. Once done, she placed it back down and picked up her cup once. She brought it back up, taking a sip and... winced at the burning feeling in the very back of her throat as the alcohol burned its way down.

See, now this was a drink.

"Honestly if you were planning on getting laid tonight, I must ask why you'd decide to go as something so..." her lips curled up in disgust momentarily before the typical stone-cold bitch expression captured her face once more. "Juvenile, redundant, something that really doesn't show off your..." she hesitated, her words trailing off as she realized that Mike had absolutely no stellar qualities that he even could have capitalized off in his choice of costume. What a shame.

She took another sip from her cup to avoid finishing the sentence.

"Anyway," enough emphasis on that word to make it clear that she was restarting the conversation? Pat on the back there for Adriane. "I'm surprised to see you without a child clinging to you. Get a night off of babysitting?"
º º code by ditto º º

- Location.
Gen's place (kitchen)
- Mood.
Having a good time...ish~
- Tags.
Zeph ( Winona Winona ) [Mentions: Kordei, Evie, Landon, Lin]
-Outfit.
Pikachu! ⚡

Stella busted out laughing at the image of Zeph couched in a dog cart, "Awe is it one of those side dog carts cause that's cute. Give you a juice box and just pedal you home." Though she doubted Lin would let her bike Zeph home, he'd probably wanna do the honors himself. "The damsel in distress Daphne saving the day, what a poetic end to the night." She giggled a bit uncontrollably and the images popping up in her head. This was one of the things she really liked about their friendship that was starting. There was certainly no dull moments in it. from the subway heist to the pirates life organ black market it always kept her laughing on the other end of her screen. She could only imagine how crazy they'd be now that they'd actually be around each other. Lord help this place, and fingers crossed it'll still be standing.

She nodded as he mention he wasn't going to drink tonight. She wasn't necessarily surprised by this choice, but she most certainly would drink at least a little. "That's cool. As funny as rolling you home sounds, I'm glad you'll be able to walk." She giggled, "I don't plan on getting drunk, but the night young. I don't plan on losing in beer pong and will probably stop after that." If they did loose too badly then who knows how she will feel at that point.

Should she get drunk tonight? Most definitely NOT. Why? because she'd already slipped up and made a lapse of judgment recently and she was perfectly sober then, think of the damage a drunk Stella can do with all those unresolved...things. But will she? Who knows honestly.

She was filling up her tiny plate with more fruit when his voice broke through the noise, though to be honest her focus never truly left him so it didn't take much for him to do so. She tilted her head slightly curiously as he began to talk but then hesitated. Then the words feel from his lips, and they should've been casual. They were casual, he said it in a very matter of fact casual tone right? He's never NOT complimented her, so why did her cheeks flush pink at the sound? Thank god she was wearing make-up on her cheeks so maybe in the dim lights, and her Pikachu hoodie on he couldn't tell. She prayed to god he couldn't tell. Was it warm in here? Must be all the body heat, yup that's what it was. That and she's in a onesie for crying out loud so of course she's warm. Which is why her cheeks are flushed. Yup that's it alright. LOGIC.

Wait respond you dummy he actually asked you something, "Thanks! Oh um not really. When me and the cast decided to be KISS for last nights costume party, I decided I needed something simple." And what a nightmare that was. They looked AMAZING but that was so much make up and straps and leather and just ugh. "So I literally picked up the first thing I saw in party city that screamed simple and cute. Kind of a bonus it's so electrifying." She giggled shooting him a wink at the pun. Though finding cute and not sexy costumes was really hard so late in the game. For anyone over the age of 10 Sexy was all the rage it seemed. Not surprising, but still, it'd be nice to have a little variety. Despite her height she was not about to look too much like a ten year old. Not to mention she went sexy yesterday, she didn't need to be sexy twice, that's overkill. Not to mention there were much more paparazzi at that party then there would hopefully be at this one.

She bit her lip slightly rand took the hoodie part of the onesie off. She realized just cause she wanted to be simple and cute didn't mean that's what Zeph had in mind. She didn't really ask him, she more said this and knew him well enough that he wouldn't turn her down. "I know you probably aren't thrilled about being Ash, but thanks for matching with me still." she smiled softly looked up at him before getting on her tip toes to take his hat off putting it on herself with a playful grin. "You're the best." She chimed. A sentiment she truly meant every time she uttered it. She said it a lot but only because it was true. It's rare to run into sweet dependable and loyal guys like Zeph and she knew that, so she'd take every opportunity to appreciate him and let him know how much he's appreciated.

Her focus was pulled away for a second at the buzzing in her pocket. She checked for a second thinking she'd pocket it immediately due to not really wanting to get involved in twitter drama right now....that was until she found out what the drama was about. Her eyes were wide as saucers, and not the tiny cute ones. Did Evie say pictures? All over the internet? Cozy? HER? What the hell! Her managers said she wouldn't have to worry about anything until after the weekend, but of course you can't trust the damn paparazzi to wait for confirmation or any sort of truth finding. Of course they will immediately label her and Kordei of all fucking people a new hot 'couple' She shuttered at the thought honestly. The slight bickering with Evie didn't help. Perhaps they both were on edge about it even if for different reasons. Typing away furiously only made her more anxious as the conversation continued.

Nope, NO. She'd deal with damage control later. She was here and with Zeph and god damn did she need that drink now. "I uh...I think I should go find Landon. You know that pong isn't gonna beer it's self." She swallowed hard trying to sounds cheeky or quirky and not at all anxious to high hell.

She then quickly returned his hat to him. She'd not told him yet about yesterday. Not that she'd had too much of a chance to. I mean how do you even bring that up? 'Hey guess what? I went on a date, not date with one of the most hated guys in school because my managers made me.' Yah real good conversation starter. Especially after the whole kiss thing? Nope this was not ok. Why were there no drinks next to the food?! "Have fun with Lin!" She gave him a quick hug before disappearing into the crowd before she had to answer questions she wasn't ready to yet.
Stella J. Bailey
coded by incandescent

Stella busted out laughing at the image of Zeph couched in a dog cart, "Awe is it one of those side dog carts cause that's cute. Give you a juice box and just pedal you home." Though she doubted Lin would let her bike Zeph home, he'd probably wanna do the honors himself. "The damsel in distress Daphne saving the day, what a poet end to the night." She giggled a bit uncontrollably and the images popping up in her head. This was one of the things she really liked about their friendship that was starting. There was certainly no dull moments in it. from the subway heist to the pirates life organ black market it always kept her laughing on the other end of her screen. She could only imagine how crazy they'd be now that they'd actually be around each other. Lord help this place, and fingers crossed it'll still be standing.

She nodded as he mention he wasn't going to drink tonight. She wasn't necessarily surprised by this choice, but she most certainly would drink at least a little. "That's cool. As funny as rolling you home sounds, I'm glad you'll be able to walk." She giggled, "I don't plan on getting drunk, but the night young. I don't plan on losing in beer pong and will probably stop after that." If they did loose too badly then who knows how she will feel at that point.

Should she get drunk tonight? Most definitely NOT. Why? because she'd already slipped up and made a lapse of judgment recently and she was perfectly sober then, think of the damage a drunk Stella can do with all those unresolved...things.

She was filling up her tiny plate with more fruit when his voice broke through the noise, though to be honest her focus never truly left him so it didn't take much for him to do so. She tilted her head slightly curiously as he began to talk but then hesitated. Then the words feel from his lips, and they should've been casual. They were casual, he said it in a very matter of fact casual tone right? He's never NOT complimented her, so why did her cheeks flush pink at the sound? Thank god she was wearing make-up on her cheeks so maybe in the dim lights, and her Pikachu hoodie on he couldn't tell. She prayed to god he couldn't tell. Was it warm in here? Must be all the body heat, yup that's what it was. That and she's in a onesie for crying out loud so of course she'd warm. Which is why her cheeks are flushed. Yup that's it alright. LOGIC.

Wait respond you dummy he actually asked you something, "Thanks! Oh um not really. When me and the cast decided to be KISS for last nights costume party, I decided I needed something simple." And what a nightmare that was. They looked AMAZING but that was so much make up and straps and leather and just ugh. "So I literally picked up the first thing I saw in party city that screamed simple and cute. Kind of a bonus it's so electrifying." She giggled shooting him a wink at the pun. Though finding cute and not sexy costumes was really hard so late in the game. For anyone over the age of 10 Sexy was all the rage it seemed. Not surprising, but still, it'd be nice to have a little variety. Despite her height she was not about to look too much like a ten year old. Not to mention she went sexy yesterday, she didn't need to be sexy twice, that's overkill. Not to mention there were much more paparazzi at that party then there would hopefully be at this one.

She bit her lip slightly rand took the hoodie part of the onesie off. She realized just cause she wanted to be simple and cute didn't mean that's what Zeph had in mind. She didn't really ask him, she more said this and knew him well enough that he wouldn't turn her down. "I know you probably aren't thrilled about being Ash, but thanks for matching with me still." she smiled softly looked up at him before getting on her tip toes to take his hat off putting it on herself with a playful grin. "You're the best." She chimed. A sentiment she truly meant every time she uttered it. She said it a lot but only because it was true. It's rare to run into sweet dependable and loyal guys like Zeph and she knew that, so she'd take every opportunity to appreciate him and let him know how much he's appreciated.

Her focus was pulled away for a second at the buzzing in her pocket. She checked for a second thinking she'd pocket it immediately due to not really wanting to get involved in twitter drama right now....that was until she found out what the drama was about. Her eyes were wide as saucers, and not the tiny cute ones. Did Evie say pictures? All over the internet? Cozy? HER? What the hell! Her managers said she wouldn't have to worry about anything until after the weekend, but of course you can't trust the damn paparazzi to wait for confirmation or any sort of truth finding. Of course they will immediately label her and Kordei of all fucking people a new hot 'couple' She shuttered at the thought honestly. The slight bickering with Evie didn't help. Perhaps they both were on edge about it even if for different reasons. Typing away furiously only made her more anxious as the conversation continued.

Nope, NO. She'd deal with damage control later. She was here and with Zeph and god damn did she need that drink now. "I uh...I think I should go find Landon. You know that pong isn't gonna beer it's self." She swallowed hard trying to sounds cheeky or quirky and not at all anxious to high hell. She then quickly returned his hat to him.

She'd not told him yet about yesterday. Not that she'd had too much of a chance to. I mean how do you even bring that up? 'Hey guess what? I went on a date, not date with one of the most hated guys in school because my managers made me.' Yah real good conversation starter. Especially after the whole kiss thing? Nope this was not ok. Why were there no drinks next to the food?! "Have fun with Lin!" She gave him a quick hug before disappearing into the crowd before she had to answer questions she wasn't ready to yet.

Last edited:
"I don't just follow trends, I set them..."
Evelyn Sinclaire
@SinClaire has set status to:
"Feelin' like a badass."

@SinClaire has set outfit to:
Bad bitch Bonnie (but better)

@SinClaire has set location to:
Johannes Residence

@SinClaire has interacted with:
Nate.

@SinClaire has tagged:

Winona Winona

"Yeah, yeah. I guess it would count if I believe you actually tried. You're telling me that as an artist, this is your best?" Evelyn teased as she led him to the staircase. Sure, makeup wasn't Nate's forte but she knew that he could've done a slightly better job. Hell, he planned on literally painting a portrait for the showcase? That took a lot of talent and detail. This, well, it looked like the work of a third-grader. But he had known she'd just fix it, didn't he? That was why he didn't bother with it. Somehow knowing that didn't annoy her as much as it would with anyone else.

"Did you see half those costumes? Most of them look like they grabbed the last thing available at the Dollar Store before showing up." Evie couldn't help but laugh as they entered Gen's room. He wasn't wrong. Shitty glued-on jewels and bunny ears from the clearance rack, torn and tattered fabrics. Some of these people really had no eye for fashion and it killed her.

Look, Evie was the first to hit the sales and thrift stores but you had to know how to turn that stuff around and into better pieces. You don't just buy a broken heel at goodwill and wear it right out of the store as is. How some of these people actually looked in the mirror and thought they looked decent enough to go in public was beyond her. It was shameful, really.

Stepping into the connected bathroom, Evie dug in the drawers for the makeup brush she needed to fix his messy work when she realized she'd forgotten her own. Hearing his question about the liquor, she looked over and motioned to the closet door. "Bottom of the closet, there is a row of all red Prada shoeboxes. They should have bottles in them. Grab tequila, any kind. Gen only keeps the best up here anyway," she shrugged.

Her eyes fell back to the mirror and she decided that she could use some shine to make her ruby red lips pop. She let the clear gloss glide over her perfect pout before turning to glance at Nate as he looked through the bottles. Was she seriously checking him out right now? That wasn't weird, was it? He was hot. Looking wasn’t-Jesus. Yes it was. Chase would totally call her out for it too just as she had called him out for his simping. only she was NOT a simp.

She tore her eyes away when she realized that they were lingering way too long. Pulling the vanity chair over to the bed where she sat, Evie called Nate over to join her. "Drinking from the bottle kinda night?" she asked curiously, starting to apply the makeup to the spots he'd already started on. "Step one was to get wasted after all," she added, with a laugh as she moved the makeup brush from his forehead to his neck, leaning in so that she could focus on the details she was filling in.

"So, I haven't seen you much since the fair." Not that it mattered. Why the hell had she said that? Jesus. "What's the deal with you and that Nic kid? Seemed pretty tense and I am all for a good fight but..." she trailed off, her eyes meeting his with curiosity.

It was clear that Evie wasn't opposed to settling spats with her hands, hence the Adriane thing, but she'd never known Nate to initiate fights. She was sure that he could hold his own but even with Dei he didn't care enough to throw a punch so something about this kid must've really gotten under his skin. “Unless you would rather not talk about it because I could drink to a drama-free night too. I got kicked out of the fair for fighting anyway, let's not get you kicked out of Gen's for the same thing," she joked.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Hunter Drake
How are you feeling?
scared shitless
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Party
Did you mention anyone?
Nickie, Charlie, Chas, Dei
Who are you talking to?
Some foxy lady
And, like, tagging?
When Hunter took her cup and made the voyage back to the kitchen, reaching for some stronger alcohol than just beer, he poured it absentmindedly into both of their cups. In his mind, he couldn’t get the image of Nickie’s absent gaze out of his head. It kept playing on an endless loop as he leaned against the counter.

And his eyes just kept looking at her, fixating on her face. She looked so sad with how she hasn’t really smiled since they found each other at the party. Really, he hasn’t seen her genuinely smile since…

“Dei’s party,” Hunter murmured, taking a sip from his cup.

In the back of his mind, if he really thought about it, since he saw her run away shortly after Chas got his tooth punched in by Charlie and everything that happened after the fact, if he really thought about it, before that was the last time he remembered her actually smiling.

And Hunter spent a good minute trying to figure out why that was. For as long as he knew Nickie and since they have become closer, he’s been able to tell the little things about her. He never said anything because, at the end of the day, those were the things he admired about her: the way she stuttered when she was nervous, how one touch or look from him sent her over the moon, how jittery she was when he stroked the side of her face, and how he knew the only thing that would stop her mind from racing was kissing her.

All of these things were just all the things he l--liked about her.

Hunter poured himself some more seltzer into his cup.

As he carefully evaded the dancing baboons dressed as literal baboons, he made hsi way back to Nickie and handed her back her cup, which was full. Without even flinching, he saw her nearly down the entire thing.

“Damn. Didn’t know you were so thirsty!” Hunter chuckled, taking a more restrained sip of his own.

And as he sipped, his eyes just fixated on Nickie, wondering exactly what was going through her mind. As loud as the music and the hollering was in the distance, Hunter felt the silence grow between he and Nickie. He wanted to say something and as he lowered hsi cup, he was about to but beat him to it.

“Hunter,” he heard her say, albeit quietly, “go ahead and say it.”

Say it? “Say what?” He asked, blinking with a sincere confusion that not even Hunter on his best day could fake.

“I know how you feel about me. Just… please say it.”

She knows? Shit, do I even know?

Hunter felt like everyone in the room was in on the punchline and Nickie was the one blocking him from seeing the queue card.

But as he looked into her eyes, a pair of crystal blues meeting hazelnut, the almost-frown she had on her face -- Hunter knew she wasn’t joking.

So what was it that she thought she knew how he felt about her? How could she know something that he didn’t.

Or maybe she did know and he knew as well, but the him that was hit right in the face with that wrecking ball-sized assumption blinded him from the truth.

But what truth was that?

Fuck! What was even happening?

Hunter downed his drink, the smell and the taste of the seltzer making him both come alive in the way beer did, but also making him wince, Hunter thought about how Nickie caught him off guard with her love admission the last time they were at a party. Oh, how things have changed since then -- how she has changed. But she wasn’t the only one because Hunter hasn’t been the same since.

He has been mulling over that moment, because he didn’t have a response. He’s been mulling over it because, while she took him by surprise and obviously immediately regretted it, she seemed genuine. And what did he do? Nothing. Did he say it back? No, because he didn’t know what he felt for her or how.

But maybe…

“Nickie.” Her name came out in a somewhat hoarse voice. He wanted to reach up and touch her face, but he feared she’d recoil back, so he just took in a slow breath. His entire body went from tight to relaxed and he found the liquid courage was building something. “I..” His confidence betrayed him, but he pushed forward. “So you want me to tell you how I really feel about you?” As he repeated back her earlier question, he took in another breath, but this time, he looked at her with a firm stare. “Well, I guess the first thing I can say is you’re an absolute babe. And don’t say you aren’t because you know it’s true. You are just so hot, Nickie Abrams. You’re in a grade above me, but that has never stopped us from hanging out. But you’re more than just looks. God, you’re so much more than just being sexier than most of the girls at HA!”

Hunter tossed his empty cup behind him and took her hands, which might’ve caused her to drop her cup but he didn’t care right now -- she was his priority right now. “Nickie, do you remember when you told me you loved me? It’s okay if you don’t, but you did and I have to admit, I was fucking scared. Probably the most I've been since I was little and the monster in my closet gave me nightmares. Do you know why I was afraid? It wasn’t because you said it but the fact I didn’t have an answer for you. I think..I think I told you what I thought you wanted to hear. And at the time, I’m sure that was good enough, but the truth is…” Hunter’s grip on her hands tightened and shook. He was trying to find more strength and he swallowed a dry throat as he continued, “the truth is that I didn’t know how I felt for you at the time. I know everyone thinks me hanging around Chas and Dei just makes me a younger version of them, but that’s not true. I’m nothing like them -- at least with how they treat girls. What we do have in common is how we carry ourselves. Chas especially..” Hunter knew he was getting sidetracked but this was important. “I’ve seen Chas in ways not many do and that’s why I admire him so much.”

Hunter shook his head, trying to remember where he left off before this became an admission of love for Chas Marino. “But I’ve learned something. We are good together, Nickie. People can say whatever the hell they want to, but I know it’s true. And I know you know what I mean.” Does she really, though? “What I’m trying to tell you is I love you, Nickie Abrams.”

º º code by ditto º º​

Corey Preston
How are you feeling?
Uncertain but optimistic
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Apartment to party
Did you mention anyone?
Adri, Gen, and Maddie
Who are you talking to?
Maddie
And, like, tagging?
When Maddie commented about his costume, Corey didn’t think much about it. He didn’t say anything that would carry on the conversation, because he wasn’t sure he agreed with what she said but he nodded like he did. The truth was he wasn’t sure about a lot of things about tonight: going to the party, being around people that he either didn’t know well enough to be around them in such a social way or how he might run into people that he didn’t necessarily care for.

Like Adriane.

Even as he told Maddie what she wanted to hear about her outfit, about how the star on her chest wasn’t too much. He had made a corny joke about how the universe was represented in her outfit and the star on her chest was the northern star that would lead us back home.

But really, he was trying to tell her he loved her in. Under the veil of a corny joke, he was trying to say that no matter how bad things got for her, he was always there and maybe he could be--

Stop that. Just...don’t go there.

He had to mentally tell himself that repeatedly. Not only did he repeat it like a mantra as they left their loft, but several times over during the drive to Gen’s place.

Gen, another person Corey hasn’t really spoken to since being with her. He didn’t avoid her like he did Adri, but suffice to say, if he somehow saw her, things might be a little awkward. At least they talked in DMs. Briefly when JJ had jumped on his throat on Twitter. Still, there were a lot of reasons he kept bottled up why this was a bad idea, but he didn’t want Maddie to be alone and he knew she would if he wasn’t there.

When they got there, Corey grabbed his wings and halo from the backseat. He spent a few minutes attaching them to his back and head respectively.

"Come on, Coco! We should find a party game! No worries, we will find one that doesn't involve stripping. Models honor,"

He laughed and smiled at the best she-devil at the party. “How considerate you are, Lady Maddie!” Corey clapped his hands together and mirrored a praying angel.

Corey couldn’t help but note some people were lingering in the parking lot. He didn’t have enough time to see who they were because he and Maddie went inside and immediately an explosion of music and hollars hit him like a ton of bricks, but weirdly Hunter wasn’t hating it. It wasn’t his first party, but he strangely was optimistic that he might actually have fun. Maddie's promise of nothing stripping-related also eased his mind somewhat.

“Should we get some drinks first?” He asked her. A moment later, he deduced that’s where she wanted to go first, so he followed her lead to a selection of coolers. Corey saw there was quite a selection, but the poison he picked was the least alcoholic option available to him. “Good old sprite for me.” Corey would announce. “Want one? Or you gonna go for a beer instead?” He asked, cracking open the can and taking a steady sip.

º º code by ditto º º​

"Stop taking life so seriously..."
Dorian Harlow
@FindingDori has set status to:
"It's gonna be a good night!"

@FindingDori has set outfit to:
Hot, now hatless, pirate.

@FindingDori has set location to:
Gen and Eli's place.

@FindingDori has interacted with:
Jace. Minnie.

@FindingDori has tagged:

Winona Winona sunshineysoul sunshineysoul

Jace's protests fell on deaf ears as Dorian continued to make his way toward the empty tables. Okay, so Jace wasn't the most coordinated person but beer pong was perfect for letting loose at a party. So, Dorian took the cups and filled them with just barely enough beer to weigh them down. "Sure, you against me or me and you against two of these chumps," he joked motioning to one of the many guys standing around, most of which he knew. "It'll be fun," he added in an attempt to persuade his friend that it wasn't a huge deal. It was just a party game after all.

"Come on. Me and you. These guys don't wanna get their asses handed to them by the dream team so early anyway," he chuckled again. Was he exaggerating? Of course. Dorian was a pro at beer pong but with Jace on his team, he would definitely be on the losing end. That didn't mean he was a dick enough to say that though. He would've gladly played on Jace's team against whoever but he figured it would put his friend more at ease to play with just him. A few minutes in a Dorian had sunk nearly every shot he had taken, Jace on the other hand...well, hadn't.

Just before his next shot, Dorian's eyes subconsciously scanned the crowded room in search of Juliette but instead, they landed on Minnie just as she was rushing out of the party. What the hell was that about? Whatever it was it didn't look good and Minerva was someone he'd grown to consider a friend so instinct told him to go make sure she was okay."Hey, I'll catch up with you later, okay? I need to go take care of something," he called out, shooting the last ping pong ball from his hand into one of the cups as he turned to walk away.

Once he had managed to push through the crowd and get out the front door, he followed after her and found her at her car. "Hey, Minnie, hey. What's up? Are you okay? Did someone do something to you?" he asked, the concern in his voice hard to hide. Dorian wasn't a very emotional guy or at least he tried not to be but he couldn't help but want to take care of his friends. Most of Dori's inner circle knew that if they needed him, he was there and so if someone had messed with Minnie, he was more than willing to step in.

º º code by ditto º º

Nathan Woods
"Here I am, living a dream that I can't hold on my own."

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has set their status to:
itchy and not simping

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has set their outfit to:
sick Bonnie & Clyde thing

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has interacted with:
Evie

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has mentioned:
Gen, Lucky, Nic

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has tagged:
jasmyn jasmyn
For years, Nate had dreamed of stepping into the bedroom of Gen Johannes.

Just, well, in his fantasies it was with Gen and they were both drunk and, well, you can probably piece the rest of it together from there.

Never had he expected to be entering said bedroom with Evie and as friends no less. As friends just here to grab some alcohol and fix their makeup and then the two of them would be on their merry, cheery way. What an odd turn of events that had been set in place by his display of stupidity on Homecoming night that had landed them here.

"Closet... red Prada box..." he mumbled the instructions under his breath as he stepped over to the closet, pulling open the door and crouching down so he could find said boxes and -- what do you know, there they were. He pulled one of the boxes off the bottom shelf and took out the bottle of alcohol before closing the box and placing it back on the shelf. Nate straightened back up and closed the closet door before he stepped away back into the middle of the bedroom.

He took off the cap and took a swig of the tequila, his face twisting briefly at the burning taste before Evie was calling him over to the bed. He let out a sigh and a roll of the eyes, but did as she bade and walked over, taking a seat on the bed -- but not before putting the cap back on the bottle. The last thing he really wanted to do was spill tequila on Gen's bedsheets and get slapped again. Or worse.

"Exactly," he said as he took his place on the bed and tilted his head to face Evie. "Quickest way to getting drunk is just skipping the shot glasses and just start chugging." Nate explained with a small chuckle. With his face turned towards Evie, Nate realized that he had no idea where to rest his eyes. Did he look at her face? Did he look down? Did he look up? Why was he thinking so hard about where the fuck to turn his gaze even? It was... very un-Nate-like to be overthinking something like this.

Of course, he knew why.

He opted for the ceiling.

"What's the deal with you and that Nic kid? Seemed pretty tense and I am all for a good fight but..."

His jaw clenched. Yeah, Nate should've known that was coming eventually. And with her doing his makeup, it wasn't like he could come up with a good excuse and just stand up and walk out.

His eyes moved down from the ceiling and met hers. He wasn't the greatest at reading people, but he could tell that she seemed curious at the very least and... worried? Probably worried.

Part of Nate wanted to avoid it. Not get into it because tonight was supposed to be fun and rehashing old mistakes that led to him snapping at Nic wasn't... wasn't what he wanted to do for the night. But looking at Evie's face, and knowing how many things she'd so graciously let him avoid discussing, he kind of owed her this, didn't he?

He swallowed the lump in his throat and turned his gaze upwards to the ceiling again.

"I won't fight him," Nate promised. "He's not worth my time."

Silence for a moment while he pieced together his words, his story, his reasonings, and his brain struggled to try and hash them together in a way that would make sense to someone else. Again, he was met with the idea that this would be much easier to just draw out, to paint, to angrily throw some dark reds against the white of a canvas and hope that Evie could put it together.

"Dumbass thought it was funny to joke about driving home faded," he started. "Not a funny joke when you're actually crossed and trying, though. But he just kept going, all this guilt shit like he was in the right for wanting to endanger everyone's lives by driving like that. Acting like he was in the right and that DuBa-- Lucky guy was in the fucking wrong for stopping him. He was being a dumbass but don't try to play victim -- just fucking own up to it. Imagine if he'd actually driven and got in some accident and killed some kid's mom and that kid had to grow up motherless because he thought he was invincible."

Nate snorted, shaking his head for a moment before he remembered Evie was doing his makeup and he stilled his head once more.

There was more to it, of course, but he didn't want to bring Evie's mood down anymore than he already had. He didn't want to get into it -- that at one point, he'd been like Nic. A dumbass playing victim when people tried to contain him and keep him from destroying everyone and everything around him.

That he was speaking from experience.

"Now I just see his face or see him on Twitter and get pissed, but..." he shrugged his shoulders. "I won't fight him. Just you and me tonight, getting drunk as hell and winning this competition, right?"

A feeble attempt to lighten the mood, but it was something.
º º code by ditto º º

nickie abrams
you've just gotta keep on, keep on.​
How are you feeling?
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Gen's place.
Did you mention anyone?
Chas.
Who are you talking to?
Hunter.
And, like, who are tagging, exactly?
Can I get a tl;dr?
Nickie hears Hunter's confession and basically says that she doesn't believe him.
“Nickie.”

She couldn’t help but flinch at Hunter’s hoarse voice.

She knew what was coming— she could feel the vibrations of the train on the tracks beneath herself— and she wanted him to go ahead and say it— for the train to hurry and slam into her body.

She watched his body relax, and her eyebrows knit.

“I…”

She lowered her cup, her heart thudding in her chest, pounding out the beat for the terrible song that would come from his lips. She could feel the pulse behind her ears. One, two, three, four…it was an anxious beat, jumpy and unsteady, and her breaths caused a few of the beats to squash together.

It was the train that was coming; it was the language that he’d use when he tried to lay her down gently. That was what made her metronome unsteady. That was what she dreaded.

Utter destruction.

“So you want me to tell you how I really feel about you?” He drew in another breath, and he met her eyes.

The look in them struck her and caused the metronome, laying out the meter at which she would be destroyed, to skip another beat.

Why didn’t he look mad?

Her cheeks reddened. Her eyes flicked away.

“Well, I guess the first thing I can say is you’re an absolute babe.”

Her eyes flicked back up to him, her brows knitting and her lips making a soft wh— in confusion. “I’m—“

“And don’t say you aren’t because you know it’s true. You are just so hot, Nickie Abrams. You’re in a grade above me, but that has never stopped us from hanging out. But you’re more than just looks. God, you’re so much more than just being sexier than most of the girls at HA!”

Her cheeks heated up even more, and she looked away, flattered, embarrassed, irritated, and confused. Why was he saying these things? What did her being hot— or not hot— have to do with anything?

He was supposed to be insulting her. These words weren’t supposed to be the ones that came from his mouth; hell, she could care less about this right now.

Why didn’t he just rip off the bandaid?

She shyly took a drink of her cup. She didn’t know how to respond to that— even though she knew that she should have responded with a break it off with me— c’mon, hurry. To avoid conversation, she kept her cup to her lips, draining it dry and keeping it held up for another moment before she realized that she’d have to lower it again eventually.

She still refused to look into his eyes, her eyes moving about the party behind him, to the floor beneath them, to her wrist, to the rim of her cup— anywhere but his face.

She didn’t want to see the light as it approached. She wanted to close her eyes and let it go, even if the words deafened her.

A cup fell to the floor, and, confused, Nickie looked up at Hunter just as he grabbed her hands and caused her to drop her own cup.

“Nickie, do you remember when you told me you loved me?”

Oh, fuck.

How could she forget?

It was nearly all that she had thought about since she’d said it— since those words had slipped out in that moment of passion and tears, that I love you that she fully meant but also didn’t mean.

She wanted to forget it. She wished that she could answer no.

Instead, she stared at him, cheeks hot, unable to speak.

“It’s okay if you don’t, but you did and I have to admit, I was fucking scared. Probably the most I've been since I was little and the monster in my closet gave me nightmares.”

Afraid…

“Do you know why I was afraid? It wasn’t because you said it but the fact I didn’t have an answer for you.”

Her eyes flicked away again.

Please, get to the point.

“I think..I think I told you what I thought you wanted to hear. And at the time, I’m sure that was good enough, but the truth is…” His grip on her hands tightened.

She wanted to squeeze her eyes shut as he uttered it, but she forced herself to look in his eyes.

He was going to say it. He was going to…

She watched his throat move as he swallowed. “The truth is that I didn’t know how I felt for you at the time. I know everyone thinks me hanging around Chas and Dei just makes me a younger version of them, but that’s not true. I’m nothing like them— at least with how they treat girls. What we do have in common is how we carry ourselves. Chas especially. I’ve seen Chas in ways not many do and that’s why I admire him so much.”

He shook his head.

She braced herself, swallowing hard and causing cymbals to ring in her ear for a moment.

“But I’ve learned something.”

She looked into his eyes, knowing what he was going to say.

I h—

“We are good together, Nickie.”

She blinked.

“People can say whatever the hell they want to, but I know it’s true.”

Huh?

“And I know you know what I mean.”

That you…

“What I’m trying to tell you is I—“

— hate—

“— love you, Nickie Abrams.”

Her body went tense as a pang of coldness hit her head and her body warmed up. Her heart began to race, as if she’d been shot in the chest. Her hands, in his, were sweaty. Her mouth was bone dry.

She blinked hard at him.

“Y-You…”

Unbelievingly, she pulled her now shaking hands from his, dropping them by her side, dropping her eyes.

“You don’t have to lie like that.”

She wanted to hear that— he was just saying it because she wanted to hear it—

God, she wanted to hear that, though.

She wanted to hear it so bad.

She felt herself tearing up. “Don’t say that. Y-You’re…” Her voice broke.

She took a deep breath, trying to steady her hands.

She wanted to believe this so much. She wanted to take his words, and she wanted to kiss him, and she wanted to just…

Just…

Just let go. Just blindly follow him.

“…lying,” she finished.

She knew how bad it was if he was telling the truth— if he actually…cared about her. She was a waste of his time. She cried too much and destroyed everything around her, and he had said that he loved her. It had to be a lie— a lie that he was telling to spare her feelings.

But, deep down, she hoped that it wasn’t true.
º º code by ditto º º​

Last edited:
♔ MICHAEL REID ♔
"aren't i fucking angelic?"
@reidbetweenthelines has set his status to:
Having a very pleasant conversation.

@reidbetweenthelines has set his outfit to:
It's called "irony".

@reidbetweenthelines has set his location to:
The party. Where else would I be, babe? ; )

@reidbetweenthelines has mentioned:
Gen.

@reidbetweenthelines has interacted with:
Adriane.

@reidbetweenthelines has tagged:
Winona Winona hery hery

@reidbetweenthelines has written a tl;dr:
Mike talks to Adriane. Surprise, surprise, he's also being kind of a dick, because when isn't he?
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
Michael grinned as he took another drink of his too-weak concoction, chuckling softly. Adriane’s commentary on his costume brought the total of costume comments up to three. It seemed like the angel get-up was really leaving an impact, meaning that it was totally worth the twenty bucks that he was down, the drained hours that had caused him to pass out on his couch at ten a.m. today, and the various glue gun burns on his left hand.

“Thanks, babe,” he chuckled, shining his grin at Adriane. “I’m glad you can appreciate my outstanding okay-ness,” he kidded.

He laughed at the narrowing of her eyes. She looked irritated— meant he was doing something right. “Aren’t I just?” he asked, taking the bottle after she was done with it to pour some of it in his own cup. Whatever he’d poured into his cup the first time, he’d forgotten. Eh, he was sure that mixing these two alcohols wouldn’t take him out, so it wasn’t a big deal, regardless. Plus, if it did take him out, that was his plan for the night, anyway. The blackness of the black-out was calling him.

After topping his cup off with some more of the soda from before, he took a large drink of his new mixture.

His nostrils flared as the drink burned his throat going down, and he shook his head with a soft nna of satisfaction as he swallowed.

Damn, the aftertaste of the brew was shit, but that burn? That meant he was on the way to his dream night at at least twenty miles per hour faster than he had been.

“Yeah, I can appreciate your philosophy, babe,” he said, cocking his confident grin at Adriane. “Getting fucked up and getting fucked— that’s your itinerary, then? Always got a sense you were one of those girls— the kind with sense.”

And also a bitchy attitude. Probably more the latter than the former, if he was honest, but hey, he could still get with that. At least this bitch was good at being one and wasn’t one of the wannabe ones like a certain unnamed redhead.

Her second comment on his costume made him chuckle and look away from her. Okay, so it was starting to get really irritating to hear digs at his costume. Sure, Mike wasn’t any kind of fashion designer, but come on, guys. He tried his damndest. That was worth something. Not only that, but, hey, it wasn’t supposed to be creative or sexy. It was an angel costume. What, had you ever seen a cherub and thought oh, hell yeah, I’d smash?

Regardless of that, he was Michael K. Reid. He made every costume sexy. You wanted a costume to be sexy? You put Mike in it, or you pasted his face on it— and if you did the latter, you also owed him, eh, say, five-hundred-thousand? It was called royalties; they were worth paying for using his sexy face wherever you wanted to.

Honestly, his costume was a treat to the everyone here tonight. Forget paying for using his face; they should all have to pay for seeing his face.

Well, except maybe the hostess, because he didn’t want to have to be so ungracious as to request that the hostess pay for his appearance. Seeing her hot bod tonight was plenty in exchange for her seeing his.

Adriane took a drink from her cup as her voice trailed off, and he chuckled softly, taking a drink of his own to avoid having to answer the question in case she ever finished it.

Thankfully, she didn’t.

Well, perhaps not thankfully. The question that she asked in the other’s place wasn’t exactly pleasant.

“Pfft, hell if I know, babe.” He rolled his eyes with a scoffish-laugh. “I don’t babysit in the first place, so can I really get a night off?” He shook his head.

The question, if he was frank, made him uncomfortable. Okay, yeah, big fucking whoop, he didn’t want to have to insult a girl who he’d decided that he felt bad for. He’d done enough insulting of her already— to her face nonetheless.

“I’m surprised, too,” he said, “but I gotta say that I’m even more surprised that your face is still in tact after Sin Claire got ahold of you, babe. Oh, yeah, how’d that go, by the way? How hard did she punch you? How much makeup did you have to pile on to cover that bruise?” he chuckled, turning his cup up again.
º º code by ditto º º

Ashton West
"I heard that you've been having some trouble finding your place in the world."

@Fire&Ash has set their status to:
can't breathe, but at least there's shots

@Fire&Ash has set their outfit to:
Spider Gwen plus a sweatshirt

@Fire&Ash has interacted with:
Eli, Lucky

@Fire&Ash has mentioned:
Trevor, Dorian, Gen

@Fire&Ash has tagged:
geminiy geminiy gh0stwriter gh0stwriter
She was having fun. Ash was living in her element right now. Loud music? Alcohol? Her best friends? Literally this was, like, heaven on earth for Ash. After the alcohol started flowing and she stopped overthinking, anyway -- that's when parties got fun. But it was also just nice to hangout with Eli and Gen and dance and just have fun.

Like, sure, she lived with them so Ash saw them, like, all the time. But that was usually on a day-to-day basis of talking about boring things like stupid homework and like, what they were doing for dinner, and blah, blah, blah. It wasn't like she often just let go of her worries and enjoyed her time with the twins... save for, like, the occasional movie night.

So she was just living it up. Dancing, which was clearly not her forte, until Gen eventually excused herself and then it was just Ash and Eli and she was laughing. She was having fun. She'd completely forgotten about anything and everything that usually weighed her mind down with overthinking until her cheeks were flushed red and she started to loose her breath and just get tired.

"Hey," Ash leaned closer to Eli, rising up on the balls of her feet so he could hear her over the sound of the music. "I'm gonna take a break and see if I can find Trevor, but I'll find you later."

She fell back to the flats of her feet and gave Eli a grin. "I'll catch you later, Miles." She joked with a laugh.

At least the party was off to a decent start. Ash had a huge grin on her face as she departed from Eli and wove her way out of the dance crowd -- stopping a couple times here and there to say hello to whoever stopped her -- until she was back towards the edge where she'd discarded her sweatshirt alongside the bottle of vodka she'd been taking shots from alongside the twins.

Although she obviously wasn't cold in the least bit thanks to having just come off of the dance floor, she still picked up the sweatshirt and pulled it around her shoulders. There. At least now her body was more or less covered thanks to the oversized sweatshirt that hung down to around her mid-thigh. She zipped up the front of it to successfully hide her body (and the skintight freaking costume) from view before rolling up her sleeves so that she could, well, use her hands.

Sure, Ash had told Eli that she was going to find Trevor -- and originally, that had been her plan. But now she was off of the dance floor, and the overthinker in her started tossing a million what if's at her head. What if he didn't want to see her yet? What if he wasn't even here? What if this and that... So, she was ready to go and find... someone, anyone else that could provide her entertainment for a few minutes tonight before she inevitably flitted off to whoever caught her attention next, and so on and so forth until the night drew to a close. And somewhere in there, she'd find herself with Trevor. Just later.

Her worries were obviously dumb and ill-founded, of course. Even before they had started dating, every party had the necessary portion of the night where she'd spend a few minutes talking with him. Err, while flirting, followed by her leaving before anything could go too far. The basis of their relationship -- of their friendship -- had been built on the foundation of those few, flitting moments here and there.

Tonight, however, would be different. Because it wouldn't be for just a couple minutes, it wouldn't be just flirting with no end, it wouldn't be what it had always been. It would be... there would be... well, it wouldn't just be Trevor and Ash, two friends in denial about their mutual feelings -- it would be Trevor and Ash, boyfriend and girlfriend, albeit secretly.

It had been one week. A good week, and yet Ash still hadn't gotten used to the idea of calling Trevor her boyfriend. Maybe it was good that they were in secret -- it gave her time to adjust, to get used to the idea. Even if this exact same thing had ended up being a terrible outcome back when she dated Dorian. But hey, what were the chances of this ending in the same way that had -- with a needlessly dick-ish ex-boyfriend that took every opportunity he could to make aggressive remarks at her and refused to accept that he had anything to do with the breakup?

Totally low chances.

She didn't step away from the little corner quite yet. Instead, she took a moment to have, like, basically a breather. She found herself sucked into Twitter, one hand scrolling and typing out messages while she unscrewed the top to the bottle of vodka with her other hand. At some point, she politely declined hanging out with Trevor and his roommates tomorrow for his birthday and dinner. For one, she was a little surprised that Charlie was so adamant about her coming at all. Like, really, was it that important for her to spend time with her kind of friend on his birthday? But then that had turned into a mess, ending with Gen DMing her...

A mess. A disaster. Not what she wanted tonight, but she managed to skirt the reasoning for her not wanting to go over for dinner. Bam. Ash was smooth as sandpaper and even better? Gen actually had an idea and something for her to give Trevor for his birthday which was better than, like, literally anything Ash would've been able to come up with.

She closed out of Twitter and slipped the phone into the pocket of her sweatshirt -- see, she totally needed the sweatshirt to carry around her phone, soo... that would be her excuse if anyone asked why she was wearing a sweatshirt over a skintight costume.

Ash poured herself one last shot of the vodka. She grimaced briefly, her nose scrunching up at the burning in her mouth, before she the glass down, closed the vodka back up, and bid a sad farewell to her favorite party friend.

That favorite party friend being vodka, of course.

And then she was off, in search of whoever caught her attention first.

That person happened to be one Spiderman.

"Hey," she greeted as she walked up to him, her grin widening as she got closer. Ash stopped just in front of him, her arms crossing over her chest as she leaned back, her eyes scanning his suit. Her eyebrows creased together for a moment, and then she gave an approving nod of her head. "I give you, like, an 8/10 on the Spiderman scale. Like you totally pass as Spiderman and you look good but you don't have that same, like, level that all the professional Spidermans have."

No, Ash didn't really understand what she'd just said either.

Her gaze flicked up to his face. "Honestly, I really thought you were going to, like, bail and we were going to be Spidey Squad minus Spiderman. Which, like, me, Eli, Jan, and Jeffrey look good enough that we still would've totally wiped the floor with the rest of the competition but..." she trailed off, her teeth biting into her lip for a moment before she finished the thought. "Thanks, I guess. Like there's no way I would've dressed up in a group costume with a bunch of people I barely knew. Like, I barely wanted to do this and I've known Eli for, like, basically my entire life."

It was true. There probably wasn't anyone else that would've gotten Ash to get into the dumb costume that she now found herself stuck in. Or, you know, in a Halloween costume at all.
º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: fuck you dad

OUTFIT: scandalous middriff

basics
MENTIONS: N/A

INT: dorian
jasmyn jasmyn
tags
TL;DR trauma
tl;dr
minerva
if it rains in hell then angels could be bad

of course someone followed me out to my car.

minnie felt her eyes roll where dorian couldn't see them. she was so close to making a smooth and quick getaway from the party, with no one worrying about her, and here came dorian. dressed like a... pirate? looks like he came straight from a disney movie. praying that he didn't see her puke her insides out, she stood straight up and faced him. surprisingly, minnie was able to look him right in the eyes. she could've sworn that dorian was taller than herself, but as they stood in the night, face to face, it minnie realized that dorian and her were, in fact, the same height.

just give a boring answer, something that'll get him off your tail. so we can get out of here and just go home

"no it's fine," she quickly remembered her hand, it was probably wonderful shades of purple and red by now, and did her best to hide it. "i'm just not big on halloween. just gonna head home."

quickly turning around, minerva fished her keys out of her pocket & tried to unlock and open her car. her entire act crumbled as she tugged on the handle and let out a groan of pain.

damnit

why couldn't she just have a simple night. why couldn't she just have a halloween without thinking about her dad and how much of a shit person he was. memories of how he treated her hadn't stopped flooding her head ever since that fucking text.

especially the night when they left him. that might've been one of the most terrifying nights of her life.

he had to have known that minnie's mom was going to take the kids and leave his sorry ass when she got home. which would explain why he kept maxwell and her from going to school that day. told them they were going on a trip, made them pack up however much stuff they could fit in his stupid little rundown car. being 8 and 11 years old, minnie and her older brother weren't stupid, in fact they were both incredibly smart. so they obviously knew something was wrong, but again; these kids were smart. they knew what happened when they went against what he said. flashes of beer and whisky bottles flying through the house ran through 8-year old minnie's mind as she went into compliance mode & even some memories of said bottles being broken & cutting into her skin. wether it be on her head or forearm, even a nasty cut on the bottom of her foot from when she was running away from her dad and some stupid fairy costume.

once the kids were in the car, her dad started driving. minnie had a death grip on max's arm in the backseat. she doesn't remember having ever stopped. they just drove and drove, minnie being too terrified to even fall asleep when the sun set. eventually, they had to stop for gas, & her dad told her and her brother to lay down in the car & cover themselves with blankets.

soon enough, there were sirens in the distance. minnie tried to peak her head out from the blanket & see where they were coming from. she was met with her father jumping back in the car, slamming her face back down into the floor of the car, and speeding off. max tried to soothe her by rubbing her hand and shushing her, but minnie was shaking, violently.

eventually, the cops caught them by putting some spikes in front of the car, blowing his tires, leading minnie's dad to leave the car and make a run for it. while some of the officers helped minnie and max out of the car, minnie wouldn't stop shaking. she wasn't able to sleep for the next two nights unless she was with max or her mom.

minerva hated that she was remembering that now. she hated that her father thought he was good enough to have texted her on his birthday, again.

and she hated that someone was here, so she had to hide everything she was feeling. however, there was no hiding the groan she let out as she tried to open her car. a sigh escaped her mouth as she turned back around to dorian, doing her best to hide any hint of something being wrong, a sheepish smile on her face.

"okay so it's not nothing, i clocked saint taylor in the face," she revealed her hand to dorian, showing that it was, in fact, some pretty shades of purple, red, and the slightest shade of blue.
code by valen t.

Simone Guiterrez
How are you feeling?
Simply...Magical!
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
The Party
Did you mention anyone?
Minerva, Dorian, Gen, Alex, and Morrigan
Who are you talking to?
SLinky and Buzz
And, like, tagging?
Whether it was her time spent living in the states and celebrating Halloween or growing up in Mexico where the cultural significance of this time of year was more profound and with a deeper tie to her roots, Simone just loved this time of year. It was the point in which it wasn’t too hot from the unforgiving heat of summer but it wasn’t too far into the fall season where, if she wanted to wear a skimpy skirt or a midriff, she wouldn’t need a jacket because it was too freezing out.

Granted, being in SoCal meant the frigid winters was barely a worry for her. And that was comforting to know.

But this time of year often made her feel homesick. Sure, she loved the parties, the freedom to wear whatever the hell she desired, but it wasn’t the same compared to Day of the Dead. Technically, that was tomorrow, but it just made her feel homesick.

As Simone pulled up into Gen’s driveway, the thoughts of home, of her brothers, of her mother, it also made her angry about her father. And how he cheated. And how sick to her stomach it made her that she chose not to break up her family over this. Why didn’t she just be honest? Because she was selfish? Because she wanted to taste the freedom she never was afforded?

“El cabrón,” Simone cursed, her silver Mercedes Benz that was a recent gift from her father. A firm reminder that she was to keep her end of their deal. A firm reminder that she couldn’t say anything.

She didn’t know how long she let her mind slip into the past. Five minutes? Ten minutes? But at some point, when she had enough of her wallowing, enough of the masochistic torture she put herself through whenever she was about to make a splash at one of Gen’s parties, she stepped out.

Simone decided to dress up differently this year. In the past, she went the totally unoriginal route of an angel or a devil, which weren’t bad. With her looks and general good tastes, she would have slayed and commanded the room, but she wasn’t vibing with that direction. She wanted to embrace that sense of nostalgia, so she came in as Mickey Mouse’s better half, Minnie Mouse. But, of course, she couldn’t just let it be as you might see some little girl go as for trick or treating. Her dress was exposed in the back, cut low on the chest, and exposed enough leg that satisfied Simone’s desire to turn heads.

But she kept the grande-sized ears with the equally sized bow. It was cute with its polka-dotted design and she had to maintain some semblance of innocence. Oh, and yellow heels because, well no shit!

As the heels clacked against the stone pavement that was the foundation of the driveway, Simone caught the sight of Minnie and Dorian talking. For a brief second, she contemplated walking over to them, seeing what was up and why they weren’t inside. But then she noticed how it seemed like they were having what looked like a tender moment -- at least from the outside view she had. So she left them alone.

When she found her way inside, passing through the foyer and what looked like another pair, one Hunter DRake, and Nickie Abrams, she shrugged at their own intense moment. She didn’t understand what it was about people being so serious. This was a party. Gen would be beside herself if she saw them, but then again, why did Simone give a rats ass? She didn’t. If they wanted to be all serious, then she just left them be.

Simone side-stepped her way past dancers -- or what she assumed were people who thought they could dance -- and was making a straight line for the kitchen. She had promised herself the first thing she’d do was get a drink and not some soft drink, soda crap either. No, Simone Guiterrez was going to get drunk tonight. Not because she was depressed or trying to forget, but she wanted to have fun! And she knew whoever she had fun with wouldn’t seem like a mistake if she didn’t remember it!

One quick glance around the kitchen and Simone was just...surveying, trying to find where on earth her sister might’ve set those wonderful coolers. It only took her a few moments longer than she thought and hovering around them was a sexy Buzz Lightyear and...Slinky Dog?

Interesting choices, Simone thought as she approached from behind.

Her deduction skills were on-point tonight, it seemed because just a few feet away and she recognized Buzz. “Ooo, chica~” Simone’s Latina flare came to the surface as she approached Alex and Morrigan. “And here I was thinking I’d be the only one giving that modern touch to classic Disney,” she commented, playfully bumping Alex’s shoulder, making sure not to hit the wings.

She glanced down at the open cooler and reached for the hard lemonade, popping the cap off with a twist of nothing but her hand. As she took a short sip, she looked between the two. “Having fun, girls?”

º º code by ditto º º​

Landon Sinclaire
"Without wonder, acting is business. With it, it becomes creation"

@thepromiseland has set their status to:
hang time, let's party

@thepromiseland has interacted with:
Lin

@thepromiseland has mentioned:
Mike

@thepromiseland has tagged:
ditto ditto

He kept his face tight. Reacting was not an option. That would only fuel Mike’s need to crawl deep under his skin like the little tick that he was. Landon eyed the other boy’s hands as they patted his shoulders, an audible pat that caused him to bite softly on his tongue and clench his fists to keep from just pummeling the smug, less attractive, extremely shorter douche fuck still standing in front of him.

He sipped his drink and with his eyes narrowed, gave Mike the last word. It was the only way to ensure his departure. He knew his ex-best friend very well and was relieved when he felt his hands leave his body and Mike’s shoulder purposeful nudge his own as Mike walked away from him and into the crowd.

Deep breath.

Deep breath.

The moment that Mike was out of site (which wasn’t hard cause he was so short), Landon closed his eyes and had to remind himself that decking the little cricket would not be good. Too many problems would arise. It wasn’t worth it. He wasn’t worth it. Especially since he had helped set up the decorations that he was currently thinking of ways he could use them as weapons to hang Mike up by his neck. Plus, Gen would beat him…and not in the kinky Gen way. In the Landon ends up with one of Gen’s heels through his throat kind of way and he’d just got home. Needed more time before he got himself into too much trouble. He was already on thin ice with Gen at this point.

He sighed and downed the rest of the contents of his cup. There wasn’t enough alcohol in the world. He poured himself another drink; this time it was mostly whiskey and a splash of coke. There was no need to pretend. Everyone here wanted to get wasted and Landon was no exception. He inhaled deeply. The worst was over. Landon was finally at peace.

“Yo, Monolith!”

Nope.

Not today, Satan. He was being tested and he couldn’t possibly be expected to pass twice. He’d passed with flying colors with Mike. No violence. It was probably the nicest they had been to each other all year. Shouldn’t he be rewarded for good behavior instead of being visual assaulted by…

Landon’s eyes finally allowed himself to look at Lin. What the fuck was he supposed to be? He looked like a hippy drag queen that they allowed to go on stage after everyone was drunk cause they felt bad for her.

“Not now, Lindsay.” He warned softly.

His eyes widened as Lin raised his voices, his ears ringing and his already tense posture tightened. Fuck Halloween. He downed his full cup in a few gulps and wiped his mouth. Pretending to look around for Zeph, a smirk formed on his face. “Looking for Zeph, right?” He guided Lin toward the large staircase.

“You just need a leg up.” Without warning, Landon picked Lin up easily and attached the belt of his shitty costume around the bannister. “Maybe you can survey from up there, luhmao.” Landon said as he patted his shoulders. “Tell Zeph I said hey, Lindick?” He smirked as he made his way into the crowd towards the kitchen. Maybe there would be someone worth talking to before he was too obliterated to care.

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: cool kid alert B)

OUTFIT: ronnie mcdonald

basics
MENTIONS:
Hunter, Gen, Mike, Kian, Zeph

INT:
ditto ditto (Kelli)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Veronica Crosby
"Really!?" Ronnie gasped, "Eeeee! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I won't let you down." With another excited squeal, the redhead rushed to her dormmate's makeup collection and rifled through her various possessions until she fished out the eyeliner pencil she'd been searching for. Making a point not to waste any time, Ronnie immediately turned around and returned to Kelli, spinning the pencil in her fingers like smart people do with pens in the movies. It was little gestures of the hand like this that Ronnie had grown to appreciate most; the majority of her blocking onstage was dramatically heightened to reach audience members far in the back. Up close, though, the quirks and endearing details of people shone through, oftentimes without even being conscious of it.

Everyone did it. Hunter with that perpetual arrogant smirk... Gen, ever so slightly digging her acrylics into the palm of her hands... Mike, the way he furrowed his brows when he began to lose interest... Kelli was no exception, and the little things she did that Ronnie caught onto made her adore her all the more. She smiled often, but it was always fluctuating between various degrees of bright, shining beams and simple, content grins. Her intonation always seemed to be extremely deliberate, not only matching Ronnie's jovial attitude but countering with her own laudations over the smallest of things. It was things like this that exposed individuals' true characters to Ronnie, and immediately upon meeting Kelli, she felt only the most positive of energy radiating off of her.

Ronnie loved people. And maybe it was that stubborn optimism that constantly clouded her vision. No matter the case, the young girl had no choice but to believe in the virtue of others. It was easier to love and feel loved back, rather than pick at the minutia of others' innermost thoughts. On the surface level, Ronnie had to hope that playing "let's get along" worked against the insecurities that plagued her.

That was why Kelli was so important to Ronnie, even if they weren't supposed to be the best of friends after only having met within the past month. She clung onto the girl's touching sincerity not like a leech of positivity, but as a partner in a burgeoning positive and mutualistic relationship.

One benefit of said relationship was the vast overflow of compliments the two exchanged between one another. She laughed in response to Kelli's admiration of her costume, perhaps with more appreciation than she could have meaningfully expressed with words. "I didn't even know there was a contest, but now you've got me all excited!" she chirped, "Do I have to run? You should totally be my campaign advisor. And, like, vice best costume."

Finally, after Kelli had packed her clothes and eyebrow pencil away, Ronnie motioned for her to sit on the bed beside her. She soon got to work on the other girl's eyeliner, carefully concentrating on making it clean but also kind of punk. "Phew, thank God!" she breathed, backing up for a moment and dramatically placing a hand over her heart, "I was so not looking forward to riding the bus like this. What if someone bumped into me or something and smudged my makeup!? This body paint was not cheap!"

Well, cheap was probably actually an accurate descriptor, but who would Ronnie be without her flair for theatrics? All in all, she was grateful to have a ride with Kian and Kelli, only 15% because Kian was a smoking hot babe. I mean, he wasn't totally her type, but any guy with an aptitude for guitar serenading was enough to win Ronnie over. After all, she was a sucker for romance, but the girls came first. Ronnie would have to restrict herself to strictly looking. No more. And probably no less.

The redhead soon got back to work on Kelli's eyeliner, chatting with her as she did the work. She figured the girl knew how to do it herself, but hey, putting on each other's makeup is fun and totally a bonding experience. Ronnie hadn't been to a slumber party since she was ten, but if she did now, she most definitely would have been a prime candidate for nail painting, boy stories, and prank calls. Argh. Halloween had a way of bringing out the kid in Ronnie, even if most already saw her as one.

"Well," she began, preparing herself to deliver an onslaught of big girl Halloween info to the girl beside her, "Halloween parties are totally as informal as it gets. Like, there's the whole costume dress code, but the rest is like... stupid, trashy teen stuff." She sighed, fantasizing about her teen movie party moments to come. "Live it up! Hold a solo cup—empty or not—while flirting with guys, do the monster mash, bump shoulders, stare at yourself in the mirror in the bathroom like 'Oh man, I'm such a party girl,' do a handstand... all the wild things!"

"And,"
she whispered, getting in closer, "I got totally drunk at Kordei Grant's homecoming party. So if you need a wild child to spice up your party experience... I'm your girl." About 90% of the details of the party were intentionally omitted, because what kind of advertisement would that be? Zeph and Mike would understand. Granted Ronnie didn't recall a decent portion of that fiasco anyway, but still. Ronnie did drink way too much, which was a pretty rebellious teen thing to do. So go her!

"It'll be a great time. Just see," she promised, slipping Kelli's eyeliner pencil in the bag once she was done, "We can do whatever we want. There's no going wrong at the Halloween party, baby!"
code by valen t.

LINDSAY KAY
"let's get lit"
@feelin_a_o_kay has set his status to:
hangin luhmao

@feelin_a_o_kay has set his outfit to:
daphne and im fuckin rockin it lmaooooooo

@feelin_a_o_kay has set his location to:
genny's place

@feelin_a_o_kay has mentioned:
n/a

@feelin_a_o_kay has interacted with:
landon and zeph

@feelin_a_o_kay has tagged:
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter Winona Winona

@feelin_a_o_kay has written a tl;dr:
Lin is hanging on a bannister and calls Zeph over to help him down.
♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫
♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬
♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫
♩♪♫♬♫♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫♪
♪♫♬♫♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫♪♩
♫♬♫♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫♪♩♪
♬♫♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫♪♩♪♫
♫♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫♪♩♪♫♬
♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫
♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬
♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫♪♩♪♫♬♫♬♫
“Looking for Zeph, right?” said the tree guy, smirking.

“Yuh-huh— you see him, Sapclaire, luhmao?” Lin asked, peering up at the other boy and trying to figure out where he was looking. He followed his line of sight, but his eyes just found a decoration that was hanging from the ceiling. With a laugh, he said, “Luhmao, look at that— bats.” He looked back at the other boy. “Luhmao, that’s not Zeph. Do you see my bro, Tree Man, luhmao?”

“You just need a leg up.”

“Wh—“

The big dude just snatched him up like he was nothing.

“Hey! Wh— bro! The fuck, luhmao?” Lin asked, flailing his limbs, his face scrunched up. “Bro!”

His middle began to tug, and then Asshole Tree Dude stepped away.

Lin huffed in frustration, tugging at his belt. C’mon! This was real faux leather— and it was purple! C’mon, bro!

The disrespect!

“Maybe you can survey from up there, luhmao.” Buttface patted Lin’s shoulders in an obvious attempt to spite him. “Tell Zeph I said hey, Lindick?”

The dude began to walk away, and he huffed in frustration as he tried to wiggle free.

What an asshole! C’mon— couldn’t even take a joke! What was with dudes like that? It was funny, luhmao, but, like, why the fuck had he hung him on the bannister? That ruined all the fun, ess-em-aych.

“Hey!” he called after the dude, tugging at his belt. “Hey, come get me down!” He fought to get down, kicking his legs and huffing as he grew more and more frustrated. “Bro! The fuck?” There was no luhmao in there. “Gimme down!”

After about another minute of fighting, Lin huffed, crossing his arms and furrowing his brows, giving up his kicking and fighting. “That insult wasn’t even a good one,” he sulked. “Seven outta twelve, at most.”

He searched the crowd as his belt strained against his middle, struggling to keep the 5’10” crack kid hanging from the bannister without letting him loose as he scowled.

It hurrrrt. Like, ouch. Fuck.

It was digging into his stomach and he was having to tense up to keep it from scraping him. He was gonna have a rash or something. Like, it was good that he worked out and had a good core, or he’d be dying.

He was kinda pissed.

More than kinda.

”Luhmao.”

There was hardly anything that pissed Lin off more than having consequences to his actions.

He moved his eyes from their huffy state to look down, just to immediately spot the guy that he was looking for in the first place.

Excitedly, Lin cupped his hands around his mouth, his eyes bright. “Yo, yo! Zobin!” he yelled. “Zephy! Zeph Man!” He waved his hands, trying to get his attention. “Bro! Dude Bro! Yo!”

He laughed as his friend came over, grinning widely. It was as if Lin weren’t hanging from the bannister, with his general demeanor and cheerful attitude. “Bro! I’m glad I found you, man, luhmaooo.” He patted his middle, trying to tug at the belt with no give only to squish is pinky in-between his stomach and the thing and cause him to wince and cry out with an “agh!” before laughing dumbly.

He grinned at his bro. “I’m a bit caught up— just hanging, luhmaoooo,” he joked. “A little help here, bro?” he asked, laughing.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Livanna Moore
"Lookin’ for some trouble tonight.”

@Livieeee has set their status to:
Sugar high, anyone?

@Livieeee has interacted with:
Callum, Oates

@Livieeee has mentioned:
N/A

@Livieeee has set her outfit to:
only the cutest wonder woman alive

@Livieeee has tagged:
hery hery @mogy

Finally!

Now it was time to get to the real business, the star of the night, the whole point of tonight!

The heist.

The heist that was politely asking for candy to be thrown into their pillowcases but a heist nonetheless. Liv probably didn’t even know the real meaning of the word but for some reason it fit here. It was exciting, fun, she was out with friends on Halloween night, dressed to the nines and all the more ready to run up to someone’s house and shout the words she’d always seen the kids on TV do.

“I was a pretty sheltered kid, homeschooled, lessons, contracts, studio stuff... I mean... I guess I was just a busy kid. Plus my birthday hangs in all of that, so sometimes we’d put a cake on and that was about it. My parents never acknowledged Halloween as a special type of holiday and thought it was silly to go outside and ask for candy when they could just buy it for me.”

With her money that she’d earned, but again— and still, Livanna was considered a minor. All her proceeds went into an account she could only pull so much money out of.

It never bothered her much, it never even crossed her mind that without her, her parents wouldn’t have an income. But perhaps it was for the best she wasn’t in control of her finances. Liv would probably blow it all on beanbag chairs to fill her empty apartment.

Granted, if she had made it a priority to buy furniture, she would’ve had a place full of it. But it simply wasn’t one. Liv went there to sleep and nothing more. A mattress was all she needed. A place can’t be a home if you were alone to live in it. Or... some saying like that. Livanna followed Oates to the door of the house and was clearly disappointed at the ‘take one’ sign. She wanted this moment to spam the doorbell and yell ‘Trick or Treat!’ But it seemed like she wouldn’t get that chance.

That was until the door opened.

And they were faced with the scariest costume of all.

The Judgemental monster.

“We’re trick or treating, duh. So... trick or treat!” Liv held out her pillowcase in the most elegantly way possible, to which she only received a glare and a once over at the costume.

The candy, is for the children. As I’ve already said, not inappropriately dressed adults. What do you three think your doing? This is hardly mature.” She stated, shaking her head and closing the door on their faces.

Oh, nonononono.

Livanna glanced at both Callum and Oates before taking a deep breath, putting her best smile on and ringing the doorbell, over and over until the monster had opened. “I, am not an adult. Many people would agree with that statement... sooooo technically...”

“You seem like the adult I would find on the corner of the street.”

Did she just...

call Liv, a hooker? No wait— scratch that. Wonder Woman.

She called Wonder Woman... a hooker. It would’ve been fine to call Liv a hooker! She would’ve taken it as a compliment! They worked harder than anyone and can make more in a night than Liv would in royalties in a week. But this wouldn’t stand, not for the upmost amazing female superhero out there. That was RIDICULOUS.

“And you? What are you dressed as? Do you believe it’s appropriate to be dressed as...” The older woman gestured, clearly shocked at Callum’s attire. For her, it was most likely overly revealing but that’s only because she believed V-necks shown too much cleavage.

“What would the kids think if they’d seen that, hmm?”
º º code by ditto º º

Adriane Holloway
"I want to live, not merely survive."

@omg_adriane has set their status to:
ewwww

@omg_adriane has set their outfit to:
catwoman? yes

@omg_adriane has interacted with:
Mike

@omg_adriane has mentioned:
Alex, Evie

@omg_adriane has tagged:
ditto ditto
She wondered how quickly she would get fucked up if she took a shot for every time Mike called her babe.

The word grated against her nerves when it spilled from his mouth. She was used to being called babe, but typically by guys that were, well, actually worth her time as opposed to the little boy in front of her. And no, this for once wasn't a dig at his height. This was just a dig at the fact that Mike reminded her of a petulant child that desperately needed a nap and was always one wrong remark away from throwing a temper tantrum and hitting whatever was nearest.

The plastics department really was the worst in the school, wasn't it? Obviously they had no standards if they were letting in people like Mike or Alex with her zero experience. Ugh. She should've just stayed back home in Florida -- she'd already started making connections there and probably would've been further in her career there than she was here.

Seventeen and already with massive regrets. What a life.

Mike, she quickly decided, was boring. Not that Adriane was necessarily doing anything to encourage the conversation along or make it more interesting. But hey, what could she say? She was a woman of action, not of casual small talk. Adriane lived to, well, live. Not waste her time with pointless gibberish that would be forgotten by the next morning due to a mixture of how brain-numbing every word that fell from his lips was complemented by the alcohol that had started flowing and wouldn't stop flowing until the early hours of the morning.

And then he mentioned Evie and a coy smile spread across Adriane's lips.

Well, well, well, Mike could bite back. What a surprise.

Now, her previous iterations of being boring and driving her half to sleep could be tossed out the window because now? Her interest was peaked. She brought the cup up to find the smile on her lips as she took a sip, thinking over a response to Mike's words regarding that bitch Evie and how she'd so rudely attacked her at the fair.

No hard feelings, though. Evie, at the very least, had been able to throw a punch and actually fight back. It had been kind of exhilarating -- the moment of heightened adrenaline. Granted, her face had bruised slightly following the slap which had made her whole job of being a model a little bit harder. Not to mention the scattered bruises across her body from being tackled to the ground that were still healing up.

Look, unfortunately for her, Adriane bruised easily. It's why she'd never been able to do sports growing up.

"Please," she said with a scoff and a roll of her eyes. "Evie can barely throw a punch and they dragged her off before things could get fun." Really quite disappointing, if Adriane was being totally honest. She loved a decent fight every now and again and Evie had seemed like a decent opponent, albeit she was pulled from Adriane too fast for her to say for sure. Bummer.

"So, any idea when you're going to stop doing shitty photoshoots for pennies and actually start doing something worth your time?"

Granted, whatever he was doing now was clearly worth his time. Mike wasn't going to make it in this industry as far as Adriane was concerned. It was a mistake that he'd even been accepted into this school.
º º code by ditto º º

♔ MICHAEL REID ♔
"aren't i fucking angelic?"
@reidbetweenthelines has set his status to:
This conversation just keeps getting more and more pleasant.

@reidbetweenthelines has set his outfit to:
It's called "irony".

@reidbetweenthelines has set his location to:
The party. Where else would I be, babe? ; )

@reidbetweenthelines has mentioned:
Gen, Evie.

@reidbetweenthelines has interacted with:
Adriane.

@reidbetweenthelines has tagged:
Winona Winona

@reidbetweenthelines has written a tl;dr:
Mike lays into Adriane.
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
The drink’s burning was a kind of relief to Mike; it let him know that he was going to be three steps or so towards absolutely blitzed by the end of this conversation than he would have been had he stuck with the original drink.

Conversation was used in a loose sense there, if ya couldn’t tell— talking with a bitch who had the same amount of personality as a kaputt 80s television with a shattered screen was like shooting the shit with a wall with two small mounds just below eye level, and the most that could be said was, Hey, at least she kinda had tits.

Hey, could you really blame him for looking more at the body of the girl than listening to her words or taking her seriously in any capacity? She was vapid regardless, and there wasn’t much there to begin with, so it was the least that he could do to occupy his time.

“Can barely throw a punch…huh…that’s not what I heard, babe,” Mike chuckled, taking a drink from his cup as he raised his brows. He swallowed with another laugh, grinning at her. “And, seeing as they had to drag her off, she was really shoving it to you, huh?” He laughed, shaking his head. “Or, not shoving it to you, I guess. More like pummeling, but hey, technicalities’re bitches, huh? Just like you, eh?” He took another drink of his liquor, forcing it down and grinning at his cup before his eyes moved back to Adriane’s face.

“Ya know, I gotta admit, though, it’s kinda a bummer that I couldn’t see a video— little Simpette ran off when the kitchen got hot, huh?” His dig at her came out a bit harsher than he’d heard it in his head, but eh. “Or maybe that was just her taking an opportunity to do something she’d wanted to do for a long time or something. That’s fine, babe,” he teased, though there was certainly some venom behind his words. There was another pause as Mike downed a bit more of his drink, then squinted at Adriane’s cheek, shifting his head around and cocking it at various degrees as if he was surveying it or something. After a moment of doing that, his grin broke out again, and he chuckled. “Hm. Ya know, I can see one of your bruises, and I’m this far away. Can’t believe I didn’t see it before— damn, that looks like it hurt. Eat some iron, babe— anemia isn’t a good look.”

He brought his cup to his lips to take another drink of his then half-empty cup.

"So, any idea when you're going to stop doing shitty photoshoots for pennies and actually start doing something worth your time?" said the girl beside him.

His grip on his cup immediately tightened.

He lowered his cup slowly, eyes glaring at the girl for a moment. Working jaw for a moment, he considered slamming her head into the drink table and standing over her as she began to cry about it.

It’d be a funny scene, wouldn’t it? Him sticking it to the catwoman via breaking her face and a table in one fell swoop, then watching her as glass bottles fell onto her figure, in a heap on the floor.

It fucking sucked that he was such a good guy and had self-control sometimes. It also sucked that he didn’t like to make a habit of injuring those who were obviously much weaker than him.

He’d have to settle for annihilating her in another way.

A smirk crept across his face, replacing his irritated expression as he let out a single chuckle. “You doing okay there, babe?” he asked, scrunching his brows together in faux sympathy. “I think someone might have lost a hairpin up your ass or something.” His smirk shifted into a wide grin. “I can get it out for ya, if you want.”

He let out a short puff of air, shaking his head slightly as he moved back to her question. “Nah, I’m paid plenty for my photoshoots— as I should be.”

That was a damn lie.

The bastards— his "people", the big men, the agency, the company, the faceless mass, whatever the hell, because whatever you wanted to call them, they were still bastards— he was signed to took too much of a cut of his own work and his own jobs and left him with hardly even enough to pay rent— and he couldn’t get out of the fucking contract, either. He knew that she knew that— it wasn’t too much of a secret, even if he tried to make it a secret. That was what he got for signing with the first people who offered him freshman year, even though everyone had warned him against it. He’d thought it was a genius fucking idea, and now that had gotten him where he was: living in a shit apartment, barely able to afford utilities each month, buying Walmart clothing, and smelling like dollar store cologne.

All his life had ever been was shit, so he was used to it. That was the reason he was the way he was, so he’d never expected that LA would be different than Makaha. All he’d wanted was a way out, and that was what he was on his way to getting.

That was what he had hoped for, anyway— that was all he had hoped for— but now, it looked like this hell was endless and like the bike that he’d been pedaling to get to the top of the mountain was just turning out to be a stationary one.

Damn it, he just hated people talking about it— about how much he was paid, about how poor he was, about how shit everything he had was, and how little that everything he had was in general.

His solo cup strained to keep its shape. “I’m a professional, and I know my worth,” he continued, voice easy and casual behind his venomous grin. “I’m commercially successful and very marketable. People enjoy working with me, and I enjoy working with them, too. I just don’t flaunt my wealth.” Or lack thereof.Loaded, trite asshole just isn’t my schtick, babe— only the last part of that is.”

He chuckled, bringing his cup to his lips to take another sip. As he forced the liquor down, despite his body’s protest of the burning, he continued to talk. “Even if I weren’t getting paid as well as I am, I would still do this. I’m not in this for the money— I’m in it because of the passion I’ve got.” He looked in the general area of Adriane’s eyes. “The drive, babe. This something that I want to do, ya know. This is someplace that I want to be. I’d say that that’s payment enough, and that’s plenty worth of my time.” His grin shifted down a bit as his voice grew a bit serious, his gaze darkening. “I know you don’t really care about what you’re doing, but me? I’m here for good. I’m here to stay. I’m here whether I deserve to be here or not, and whether you think I deserve to be here or not.”

For a moment, he continued to look into her eyes.

The tension could have been cut with a knife.

His grin curled up a bit more as he looked away, leaning back on his feet and taking another casual sip from his cup. “Hey, ya know, I think that you should be considering what you’re doing with your time, babe. Bitching about your perfect life when you’ve only had everything handed to you on a silver platter doesn’t exactly make me think like you enjoy what you do.” He tapped his fingers on the side of his cup, chuckling. “Not that it’s any of my business, but hey, you know me.” He looked back at her, grinning as his brows slid down on his face. “I’ve got a knack for offering my opinion where it isn’t needed. Part of being a miserable asshole, ya know?”

He shook his head again as he chuckled. “All I’m saying is, if you wouldn’t do this job for nothing— if you wouldn’t do it whether your name is in lights or whether you can live in Bitch Manor or not— then you don’t need to be here, and you don’t deserve to be here. You could be replaced in a second, babe— a heartbeat, a bat of an eye.” He laughed, his eyes scanning her body again before returning to her face. “With your chest as flat as it is and your remarkable unimpressiveness in general— ah, and your lack of personality— I don’t think that they’d be missing much more than Mommy and Daddy’s money.”

He drained the rest of his cup in one sip, drying his mouth with the back of his sleeve and grinning up at Adriane toothily. “Oh, yeah, and I guess the whores with standards somehow lower than my own would lose three gaping holes to stick their syphilis-ridden microdicks in and two hands that work much better than your brain, though, huh?”

He casually turned back towards the table, pulling the top off of a random bottle and pouring more into his cup. “Hey,” he began as he poured some soda into his cup, “just wondering—“

He turned back to her, his shit-eating grin plastered on his face as he spoke his next words with a dark, quiet tone:

“How does it feel to know that you’ll wind up stuffed with silicone and burned out by the time you’re twenty-five, sitting alone in a mansion in Paris with no one around you and not a cent left to your name, huh?”

He chuckled after he delivered the line, bringing his cup to his lips and taking a victorious sip before giving Adriane a wink.

“Kidding, babe.”
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back