• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here

Hunter Drake
How are you feeling?
Trying not to focus on the bad
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Party
Did you mention anyone?
Nickie
Who are you talking to?
Some foxy lady
And, like, tagging?
There was a moment after he had spoken, after his voice went deep and his best attempt at a Johnny Bravo impression had been released into the world where the pit in Hunter’s stomach just sank lower and lower like the bottomless pit it sometimes took the shape of. It nearly dragged him down, clenching his entire being into its razor-sharp claws, tendrils of doubt tugging at him,, and that momentary dread almost threatening to rip his confidence right out of him.

But then he saw her laugh -- no, not just laugh but snort -- in response to his average JB impersonation at best. When she had covered to save face, it was reassuring in a way. He knew she did it so he wouldn’t see it, but the way she reacted and didn’t entirely laugh like he knew Evie or Nate would, gave Hunter confidence inside to not let it show outside.

“I didn’t recognize you.”

He laughed, deeply sighing with as much relief as it took gel to style his wig. “You can’t understand how happy I am to hear you say that,” Hunter admitted.

As Nickie further commented about his impression attempt, he smiled. There was still the remnant of that dread from before, but he felt it dwindle down into virtually nothing the more Nickie’s voice soothed his soul. That soft, velvety richness it had always managed to assure him in those rare moments when he fell beneath the line he never thought he would find himself at.

Maybe it was due to how Hunter put himself out there by dressing so...extra. Or maybe it was just how much he realized he and Nickie were alike. His fight or fight harder response made him a target, just like she was by those who didn’t like him or that she liked him.

Shit.

He shook his head briefly to bring himself out of the deep web of thoughts he had created only to hear Nickie suggest he start a side gig. “I don’t know. Maybe…” He brushed it off for his sake, but left that smile on his face for Nickie.

He really couldn’t see himself doing this full-time. Besides, he’d much rather watch Nickie put on a peace and love act rather than him doing anything Johnny Bravo related.

“I’m okay. I mean, as okay as I can be. You’re the showstopper here, though. My outfit is just a gold wig and a greaser outfit without the leather jacket. You really are the one who went above and beyond. And there’s nothing you say that can make me think otherwise!” He stated with a confidence that he always had in her. “But, uh, how are you doing? I mean, like, overall.” What you meant to say is how is she given that last week you probably made her feel like crap.

º º code by ditto º º​

Last edited:
nickie abrams
you've just gotta keep, gotta keep on.​
How are you feeling?
Okay! Great!
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Gen's place.
Did you mention anyone?
Everyone at the party.
Who are you talking to?
Hunter.
And, like, who are tagging, exactly?
Can I get a tl;dr?
Nickie's talking to Hunter and trying to avoid hitting the splinter in the sole of their relationship.
“Okay?” Nickie repeated with a soft laugh. “I think it’s amazing. You startled me— I thought you were the real thing. All of the bravado fits both you and Johnny,” she flirted lightly. Her world a brown tint, she brought her can up to her lips again, scrunching up her nose at the temperature again. “Thank you, though, but I don’t think it’s anything special,” she said humbly.

I mean, I look pretty cute, I guess, but nothing compared to the other girls.

His last question made her grow quiet, her throat growing dry.

Right.

Here was where she had to start lying.

Here was where she had to start forcing a smile and acting happy so that Hunter didn’t start getting the idea that she hated him. Here was where she had to dismiss her dumb feelings as nothing more than fleeting things that would go away in the next second.

Here was where she had to act like the fair had never happened.

Like she didn’t ignore his texts.

Like she didn’t waste his time by letting him continue to talk to her.

Like she wasn’t wasting his time right now.

She let out a soft sigh, blending into a word, piped: “Great!” She smiled her boldest smile. “I’ve been…busy preparing for the arts fest.” All of her songs that she’d been writing here recently felt so…plastic-y. Manufactured. Uninspired. But she wasn’t going to tell him that she still had no idea what song she was going to sing. “I’ve considered just doing a cover, but I’ve also got my own song written, so I’ve been working on both. You know, in case I decide to do one later, so that my other one doesn’t suck.” She forced a laugh, and she felt of her headband to make sure it was still there. “So yeah, I’ve been working on my music all week, trying to nail the piano for the cover of I Can’t Help Falling in Love, in case that’s what I decide to do,” she said, sighing quietly though her tight smile, her eyes finding another costume that looked so much better than hers in the crowd of costumes that looked better than hers.

She looked back at Hunter, closing her lips over her smile. “It’s always such a busy time of the year, you know,” she said, nearly insistently, nodding her head slightly. “Arts fest, and then the bh…” Ball, which she wasn’t going to mention. She shook her head, laughing slightly. “Anyway, I’ve been spending nearly every free second worrying about that,” she said breezily.

So I haven’t answered your texts.

Yeah, that made sense. Right? That followed through logically?

“So nothing big. Just that, and school work, too. I’m glad I finally have this party.” She laced the last sentence with laughs, which made her sound a bit like a sheep, and her brows flinched together when she realized that.

Omigod, she was so embarrassing.

“So how are you?”

She already asked that.

She laughed slightly. “I mean…like, your week? S—“

Since the fair.

No mentioning that.

“Since you asked me,” she tried to save it, forcing a laugh.

Her laugh sounded dumb.

This was dumb.

She was wasting his time talking to him. She shouldn't've even come to this party.

She swallowed hard, forced a smile. "How's your week been?"
º º code by ditto º º​

Last edited:

Landon Sinclaire
"Without wonder, acting is business. With it, it becomes creation"

@thepromiseland has set their status to:
fuck jetlag, let's party

@thepromiseland has interacted with:
Magic Munchkin

@thepromiseland has mentioned:
Evie, Gen, Nate

@thepromiseland has tagged:
jasmyn jasmyn

Jetlag was a bitch.

Sure, he could have easily come straight home from the airport and gotten some much needed zees, but he was wired. And Gen needed help “hanging decorations”. Okay, so he was a little disappointed when she actually put him to work, but she made up to him later that night. Twice.

Jetlag was a bitch.

He slipped off the frozen eye mask off his face as threw it on the bathroom counter and stared at himself in the mirror. The high was wearing off. This one was different though. The high he got coming off a project was like nothing he’d ever felt. And this project. This project was a whole new experience. It was the best thing he had worked. Yeah, co-starring with Elizabeth Moss in her feature film directorial debut was an epic accomplishment. But even better was the fact that he had landed the role on his own. No help from his parents. Nepotism was alive and well and Landon had no problems accepting a helping hand from his parents, but Evie was right. There was a different feeling when you accomplished something by yourself. A pride. He hated when she was right.

His eyes glanced over at the costume hanging on the door. The beautifully handmade costume that his talented, frustrating, lying, amazing big tiny sister made for him. Okay, maybe he was he a dick for getting on Evie about hooking up with Nate while he had been screwing Gen since before he left for Vancouver? No. He wasn’t. Landon assured himself. It was different. Don’t ask him why. He didn’t have a good enough reason other than it was. It just was.

Landon folded the fluffy white color down and smoothed out the crisp, green material that Evie had chosen for the top of his costume. Was it a few months early? Yes. Did Landon give a fuck? Nope. Will Ferrell was a god and Elf was one of his favorite movies. Plus, he was gonna rock it. Evie wanted to put him in tights. Or it was Nate’s idea? Who knows? He was fiiiiiiiine with it. Landon was proud of his body. Any reason to show it off was okay with him. Plus, Gen had made it perfectly clear they weren’t hooking up tonight and though she might be able to be persuaded, Landon had to be prepared to take a runner up.

He gave himself one last glance and checked out his ass in the yellow tights before he nodded and gave himself a wink in the mirror before grabbing his hat and headed downstairs. He hopped in the brand new G-Wagon his parents had gotten him. It was a gift for finishing production. He wasn’t complaining. Shit was niiiiiiiice.

The drive was short. Mostly cause Landon didn’t really pay attention to speed limits. Or pedestrians, but he only almost hit like three people and that was their fault for wearing dark colors. Put on some reflectors, dumbasses.

He pulled into the driveway and parked. He grabbed the bottle of red wine that he had picked up earlier that day and hopped out of the car. He placed his hat atop his head and made the walk up to the front door. His eyes caught a couple glances in his direction. With a smirk and a wink, he had definitely made a few girls’ and guys’ night. Too bad they weren’t even on his radar.

Once inside, he darted toward the drink table and set down the bottle of wine. He needed a drink and heavily poured himself a whiskey with a splash of coke and glanced around. His decorations looked sick. He had truly outdone himself. He smiled. What would Gen have done without him?

Alright. Time to party. Vibes are good. He was home. Pumped. Hyped. Nothing was going to bring him down.

“Landong, how is it going?”

Almost
nothing. The sound of his voice was like nails on a chalkboard while someone was throwing a metal pole into a wood chipper. He inhaled deep. Three months. Three months of peace. Three months of not dealing with the daily dose of Mini Mike. Landon glanced down to the impish joke standing in front of him. Seriously? Landon took in Mike’s costume. A chuckle of superiority escaped his mouth as he eyed the other boy up and down. Was he for real? The irony of both of their costumes was not lost on him. “Mike. Always a displeasure.” He said with a sweet smile plastered on his face.

“I get it, man, being how you are is hard on Halloween—“

Jesus Christ. This fucker really enjoyed the sound of his own voice. He took a large sip from his drink. Mostly, cause he needed alcohol for this, but also to hide the seething look on his face. The nerve. The fucking nerve. Mike fights him backstage at the Arts Festival. Mike almost costs Landon his spot. Gets him in heaps of trouble with his parents and he has the nerve to come at him like he had done something wrong.

“,,,I’m here for you, Dongface.”

Landon’s eyes met Mike’s. That look. He knew it far too well. And when his hand went to Landon’s arm, it was like fire was burning through his entire body. His eyes narrowed. He knew what he was doing. He knew this was a calculated attack. Landon smirked as Mike’s hand dropped. His eyes never leaving Mike’s. He wouldn’t give him the satisfaction. He held out his hands and gave Mike a 360 degree view of his costume.

“Custom made.” He said proudly. “Evie does great work.” He leaned down slightly closer to Mike’s much shoter stature. “You might want to reach out to her next year, Your 5-minute-craft project definitely won’t make you a contender this year.” He said keeping his cool. “I can see some of the glue from your hot glue gun.” He pretended to look closer. “And are your wings made of cardboard?” He lets out a huffed laugh. “I’m sure Gen has some spare boxes laying around if you need a place to sleep tonight. I know it’s a contest, Mikey, but you didn’t have to use your house as material.” He took another sip from his drink.

“Then again, your face and presence is enough of a pussy repellant anyway—maybe I should get away from you before I catch it.”

“I won’t stop you. But don’t you think you’d have better luck at a junior high?’ He sipped his drink. “I hear you’ve resorted to a younger audience. Struck out on all the girls your own age, Magic Munchkin? Well…at least you have your tiny hands to keep you company.”

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

- Location.
Home
- Tags.
Charlie ( geminiy geminiy ), Trevor ( ditto ditto ), [Mentions: Josie, Kordei, Nate, Lin, Saint, Rome]
-Outfit.
Jinkies! O-O

The fair ended about as eventful as it had begun for Amy. She went home with saint and a very distraught looking Rome. She normally would've tried to comfort him, but she was emotionally drained from everything that happened at the fair, and didn't have it in her to be anyone's support right now. She wanted to go home and either sleep, cry, or distract herself with a new game. After talking with Eli, Kordei, and Nate, she was over men, and their issues. That car ride was the most peaceful part of her day other then when she had been sitting with Trev and Eli. Trev she figured was fine on his date and she'd apologize later for being a apart of the set up, and Even though Eli said he had plans to meet with someone she did shoot him a quick text while on the way home letting him know she was sorry for not getting to hang out with him really, and leaving so early without saying good-bye. She knew he had enough friends and Gen to get him home if he needed it.

Sending it only soured her mood more because today could've been fun. She could've actually hung out with Trevor and Eli, and ignored her phone. She could've had a nice time with kind gentlemen like Eli instead of having to deal with the ghosts of her pasts, and her current heartbreak. Once she was home she was at least happy to see that Trev seemed to be in a good mood, and Charlie was even more so. Hearing that her and Lin were now official made her heart soar for them. IT took a lot of self control not to let any negative or bitter feelings rise up just because she'd had a shit day. In fact she didn't tell her roommates all about her shitty time that day because for one she could still she Charlie was full of energy and while she LOVED the girl she didn't have the mental or emotional stability to handle whatever (though probably "fuck them") mentality she'd go raging on. She didn't want another twitter fight to break out over this mess. They were all happy and that how she wanted the day to end for them.

Well almost all. Jojo seemed a bit...distant? She wasn't sure what to call it, but finding out Saint drove her home caused a visible shift even if not dramatic in the girl. One that Amy was sure lasted the entire week. A part of her knew she should just ask Josie what was wrong, but Amy has never been the confrontational type. Not to mention she would be an idiot not to know what the problem probably was. It was Saint after all. Someone that honestly she shouldn't be friends with anymore. Charlie feverently hated Dei and him for what they did and Amy knew she should too...but it was harder for her. Sure Saint was Dei's friend, but he'd never done wrong by her. Honestly it's not like they were close or friends, but it was hard for her to just insta hate him. She didn't like him when she'd met him due to what happened between him and Josie, but after kinda being forced to get to know him the last few months thanks to Dei...it was harder. Not to mention it wasn't her fault he was the first person to answer her question to help her get the hell outta there. Was she supposed to stay stranded longer in that god forsaken fair by herself just because Jojo hated him? Trev, Charlie, and her were all home before her, what was she supposed to do? She could apologize, but she wasn't sure how to do that either. Sorry I got a ride home? Ugh it was all so complicated and she hated it. She kinda hoped time would ease things up because she loved Josie dearly and hated thinking she might be mad at her.

With the exception of that however the week passed pretty quickly. There was radio silence from Kordei and Nate, which was kinda nice. It made her think just maybe he really meant it when he said she didn't have to do the song with him. Maybe he really was finally sorry for what had happened. As for Nate it felt nice to finally have gotten a bit of closure. She still hated that this was the way things had ended and had to be between them now, but that chapter of her life was now ever and she'd gotten what she needed from it. Moving on she hoped would be easier, and healing from the wound he'd left her with might finally begin. It was insane to her how deeply these people cut into her, and she knew only time would help, but damn did she wish she could just fast forward to when it wouldn't hurt anymore. Seeing Charlie so happy helped a bit, as well as staying off social media. She didn't really get on twitter from the day of the fair until the night of the party. Even with that she was going to try to keep off it as much as possible since she decided no good comes from it.

Now it was Halloween which honestly was one of her favorite holidays because it was a good excuse to cosplay! She rarely get's to let that part of her personality shine, so she craves opportunities like this. She'd spent all week watching re-runs of the old show, and playing detective games on her PC. Mostly phsamaphobia because it was like a cooler version of ghost busters it felt Scooby-doo related and definitely spooky. Gaming was a nice distraction all week and she'd kept to her room a lot. Well between that and her usual studying socializing just wasn't a priority due to the fear it would go sour.

Time got the best of her and so she did start getting ready a bit late. It wasn't a complicated costume thankfully. Velma was a very simple put together, probably only Shaggy was easier. She placed the wig on her head seeing as she was NOT about to actually cut her hair. The orange turtleneck and maroon skirt was actually a bit more fitted then the cartoon source, but she couldn't find a good big orange sweater the right color that didn't have some weird or ugly design on it. She also wanted to be able to wear parts of this outfit on other occasions. She was nervous on how she'd look in damn near all orange, but once everything was put together she dawned her fake big glasses and magnify glass to look herself over and realized...maybe Charlie was right? Maybe she could rock almost anything. Ok the almost was still Amy's insecure brain speaking not Charlie's words, but hey humility is a virtue right? Sure, we'll go with that.

She took a deep breath looking herself up and down. She felt like she didn't know the girl staring back at her, but she wanted to. She wanted to have fun tonight and just forget about all the boy drama for just a bit. She wanted to feel ok again. It's been two weeks and a apart of her was telling her she needed to just get over it already, but a softer side of her knew two weeks in reality wasn't very long. She didn't know who to believe, so she was stuck in this in between and it sucked. Tonight though? Tonight she wanted to lean into the just forget part. She wanted to drink and party, and shove every negative emotion that consumed her deep down and put a padlock on it. She was going to be surrounded by her close friends, and they were going to win this silly costume contest, and everything would be right in the world.

She heard Charlie calling from the other room and forced a big smile on her lips as she swallowed hard one last time. She exited her room to hear the friendly banter between her and Trev. "I'm right here geeze give a girl a minuet, I had to find my glasses." She joked walking over to the fridge to grab a bagel. She'd heard Trev's complaint about the painting of his Van, and couldn't help but laugh. She didn't get to help with that part...not that she didn't want to it just the whole distracting herself with video games for a week she once again lost track of time and...forgot. Next thing she knew the deed was done.

"Also there is no way we are loosing even if we are late. I mean we are bringing a dog! Well Lin is but still we are gonna win hands down." She grinned spreading some honey cream cheese on her bagel without toasting or heating it up. She noticed Charlie was eatting a handful of cereal and trev only drank some soda...did they need to go grocery shopping? "Also I hope you've both eatten more then Just that today." She gave them both a look knowing damn well she was no better. "You know Ash and or Lin will never let you live it down if you get drunk before them." She smirked. Seeing them in their costumes, Amy couldn't help but feel a bit better because they all looked great! Hilarious, but Great. "Hey I expect at least one or two Zoinks outta you too Trev." she giggled with a mouth full of bread making her cheeks be slightly puffed out.
Amethyst K. Jones
coded by incandescent

The fair ended about as eventful as it had begun for Amy. She went home with saint and a very distraught looking Rome. She normally would've tried to comfort him, but she was emotionally drained from everything that happened at the fair, and didn't have it in her to be anyone's support right now. She wanted to go home and either sleep, cry, or distract herself with a new game. After talking with Eli, Kordei, and Nate, she was over men, and their issues. That car ride was the most peaceful part of her day other then when she had been sitting with Trev and Eli. Trev she figured was fine on his date and she'd apologize later for being a apart of the set up, and Even though Eli said he had plans to meet with someone she did shoot him a quick text while on the way home letting him know she was sorry for not getting to hang out with him really, and leaving so early without saying good-bye. She knew he had enough friends and Gen to get him home if he needed it.

Sending it only soured her mood more because today could've been fun. She could've actually hung out with Trevor and Eli, and ignored her phone. She could've had a nice time with kind gentlemen like Eli instead of having to deal with the ghosts of her pasts, and her current heartbreak. Once she was home she was at least happy to see that Trev seemed to be in a good mood, and Charlie was even more so. Hearing that her and Lin were now official made her heart soar for them. IT took a lot of self control not to let any negative or bitter feelings rise up just because she'd had a shit day. In fact she didn't tell her roommates all about her shitty time that day because for one she could still she Charlie was full of energy and while she LOVED the girl she didn't have the mental or emotional stability to handle whatever (though probably "fuck them") mentality she'd go raging on. She didn't want another twitter fight to break out over this mess. They were all happy and that how she wanted the day to end for them.

Well almost all. Jojo seemed a bit...distant? She wasn't sure what to call it, but finding out Saint drove her home caused a visible shift even if not dramatic in the girl. One that Amy was sure lasted the entire week. A part of her knew she should just ask Josie what was wrong, but Amy has never been the confrontational type. Not to mention she would be an idiot not to know what the problem probably was. It was Saint after all. Someone that honestly she shouldn't be friends with anymore. Charlie feverently hated Dei and him for what they did and Amy knew she should too...but it was harder for her. Sure Saint was Dei's friend, but he'd never done wrong by her. Honestly it's not like they were close or friends, but it was hard for her to just insta hate him. She didn't like him when she'd met him due to what happened between him and Josie, but after kinda being forced to get to know him the last few months thanks to Dei...it was harder. Not to mention it wasn't her fault he was the first person to answer her question to help her get the hell outta there. Was she supposed to stay stranded longer in that god forsaken fair by herself just because Jojo hated him? Trev, Charlie, and her were all home before her, what was she supposed to do? She could apologize, but she wasn't sure how to do that either. Sorry I got a ride home? Ugh it was all so complicated and she hated it. She kinda hoped time would ease things up because she loved Josie dearly and hated thinking she might be mad at her.

With the exception of that however the week passed pretty quickly. There was radio silence from Kordei and Nate, which was kinda nice. It made her think just maybe he really meant it when he said she didn't have to do the song with him. Maybe he really was finally sorry for what had happened. As for Nate it felt nice to finally have gotten a bit of closure. She still hated that this was the way things had ended and had to be between them now, but that chapter of her life was now ever and she'd gotten what she needed from it. Moving on she hoped would be easier, and healing from the wound he'd left her with might finally begin. It was insane to her how deeply these people cut into her, and she knew only time would help, but damn did she wish she could just fast forward to when it wouldn't hurt anymore. Seeing Charlie so happy helped a bit, as well as staying off social media. She didn't really get on twitter from the day of the fair until the night of the party. Even with that she was going to try to keep off it as much as possible since she decided no good comes from it.

Now it was Halloween which honestly was one of her favorite holidays because it was a good excuse to cosplay! She rarely get's to let that part of her personality shine, so she craves opportunities like this. She'd spent all week watching re-runs of the old show, and playing detective games on her PC. Mostly phsamaphobia because it was like a cooler version of ghost busters it felt Scooby-doo related and definitely spooky. Gaming was a nice distraction all week and she'd kept to her room a lot. Well between that and her usual studying socializing just wasn't a priority due to the fear it would go sour.

Time got the best of her and so she did start getting ready a bit late. It wasn't a complicated costume thankfully. Velma was a very simple put together, probably only Shaggy was easier. She placed the wig on her head seeing as she was NOT about to actually cut her hair. The orange turtleneck and maroon skirt was actually a bit more fitted then the cartoon source, but she couldn't find a good big orange sweater the right color that didn't have some weird or ugly design on it. She also wanted to be able to wear parts of this outfit on other occasions. She was nervous on how she'd look in damn near all orange, but once everything was put together she dawned her fake big glasses and magnify glass to look herself over and realized...maybe Charlie was right? Maybe she could rock almost anything. Ok the almost was still Amy's insecure brain speaking not Charlie's words, but hey humility is a virtue right? Sure, we'll go with that.

She took a deep breath looking herself up and down. She felt like she didn't know the girl staring back at her, but she wanted to. She wanted to have fun tonight and just forget about all the boy drama for just a bit. She wanted to feel ok again. It's been two weeks and a apart of her was telling her she needed to just get over it already, but a softer side of her knew two weeks in reality wasn't very long. She didn't know who to believe, so she was stuck in this in between and it sucked. Tonight though? Tonight she wanted to lean into the just forget part. She wanted to drink and party, and shove every negative emotion that consumed her deep down and put a padlock on it. She was going to be surrounded by her close friends, and they were going to win this silly costume contest, and everything would be right in the world.

She heard Charlie calling from the other room and forced a big smile on her lips as she swallowed hard one last time. She exited her room to hear the friendly banter between her and Trev. "I'm right here geeze give a girl a minuet, I had to find my glasses" She joked walking over to the fridge to grab a bagel. She'd heard Trev's complaint about the painting of his Van, and couldn't help but laugh. She didn't get to help with that part...not that she didn't want to it just the whole distracting herself with video games for a week she once again lost track of time and...forgot. Next thing she knew the deed was done.

"Also there is no way we are loosing even if we are late. I mean we are bringing a dog! Well Lin is but still we are gonna win hands down." She grinned spreading some honey cream cheese on her bagel without toasting or heating it up. She noticed Charlie was eatting a handful of cereal and trev only drank some soda...did they need to go grocery shopping? "Also I hope you've both eatten more then Just that today." She gave them both a look knowing damn well she was no better. "You know Ash and or Lin will never let you live it down if you get drunk before them." She smirked. Seeing them in their costumes, Amy couldn't help but feel a bit better because they all looked great! Hilarious, but Great. "Hey I expect at least one or two Zoinks outta you too Trev." she giggled.

- Location.
Home
- Mood.
Welp here goes nothing
- Tags.
Zeph ( Winona Winona )
-Outfit.
Pikachu! ⚡

So maybe just maybe Stella made a miscalculation. It didn't happen often, but she was still a fifteen year old girl and human so you know it's a thing. Maybe her words could've been enough to make her point without adding in the actual...action. It just seemed like a good idea at the time because let's face it if just saying, "hey get over Ronnie she's not worth it." was enough Zeph would've already been over her. So more then words were needed to get him to forget about her...but maybe she could've chosen a different path. you know one that doesn't throw a grenade into their friendship and potentially makes things slightly weird for them forever.

They made it through the rest of the evening...fine. And then the next week went by...fine. At least on social media it felt like everything was normal...but at school in person it was slightly different. As much as it was obvious they were both trying to pretend the thing...the kiss, never happened...she could tell. People who didn't know them well, probably couldn't tell any difference which was amazing great even! That meant once she settled this weird feeling inside herself the world would be none the wiser that their was ever anything going on. Luckily Zeph was a great guy and not the type to kiss and tell so it's not like she had to worry about rumors spreading or anything.

She simply did what she always did and threw herself into work and school work. She needed to finish making choices for what she was going to do for the Winter festival after all. she knew she was going to help him and be his dance partner, but she still needed to do something for herself. Normally she'd have asked for his advice, but all things considered she decided this time to just look for herself.

Just when she felt like she was feeling ok and not so awkward she got a call from her manager on Wednesday talking about a great 'opportunity' for her. Considering recent events Kordei was now a free man and what better way to make waves then to be seen with him. It was spun as something helpful for both of their careers because it was something the media could eat up and speculate about since they did go to school with one another, and they did talk from time to time...not like THAT, but apparently that was enough. It was also worded like she had a choice, but she knew her manager better then that. It wasn't. She was an excellent manger and nothing she'd done so far had failed Stella in any way shape or form so she trusted her...but this was something she hated because it definitely would help his image more then hers. After all he was practically public enemy #1 right now at school. Well between him Chas, and Nate. While she didn't want him to sink because of it and herself had even offered him some advice on how to ease the public backlash...she didn't want to be a part of it!

She was to bring him as her plus on to the cast Halloween party. A night she thought was going to be fun was instantly soured, and not because she disliked Dei but because she hated being forced to play a role off camera. Well that's not fair she's constantly playing some sort of role it felt, on or off the sets, but at least off set she got to choose! What if this was just the beginning what if this turned into a whole thing. She didn't wanna fake publicity stunt date Kordei Grant of all fucking people. She'd certainly not be able to say anything to Zeph about his choice in women if that happened.

Ugh could she even tell Zeph? She wanted to. The moment the phone call ended he was the first person she wanted to call and vent to...but something stopped her. She didn't know what it was or maybe she didn't want to admit what it was. Either way she kept it to herself and went to the party. It was a drag and thankfully Landon and Jan were able to give her an escape from it early in a way that didn't get anyone to pissed at her. It was only then when Zeph asked about her "escort" that she remembered she'd kept this from him, something she hasn't done in forever. She told herself it wasn't a secret yet, and she'd tell him...later. When the time was right. She just couldn't decide when that was. No time seemed to be right, and so she stuck to saying nothing hoping he'd forget.

Now here she was dressing up for her 2nd Halloween party. The night before was real elaborate because her and her castmates dressed up like KISS, so today was going to be easy. She got a Pikachu onesie and did her make-up. Something quick and easy, and under her onesie was a yellow crop top tank top and blue denim shorts in case she got hot and wanted to take it off. Her make up was still kinda like the Pokémon so she figured people could still basically tell what she was even if she took it off. Then again by that point who would really care? They weren't trying to win that stupid contest so what did it matter?

She texted Zeph before she got started letting him know she'd unlocked the door for him if he came over while she was still getting ready. They were supposed to go to the party together and she was excited to hang out, but she wasn't sure if it was going to be fun like the fair fun, or just ok like the past week had been. He really was the ash to her Pikachu in more ways then just matching costumes. She loved Zeph he was her best friend, and she just wanted to feel like things did before, instead of just look like they were before. To be honest it had finally sunk in that maybe she'd ruined her own point...but she didn't understand how!? Why did it feel like this? She'd kissed plenty of dudes before, dudes she even kinda liked and it was no big deal, why was this so different? Ugh Emotions were stupid. So instead of dealing with them or trying to actually figure out the answers to those questions she got on her laptop and distracted herself by browsing monologues to try out while she waited for him. Cause you know avoiding a problem is clearly the best way to solve it.
Stella J. Bailey
coded by incandescent

So maybe just maybe Stella made a miscalculation. It didn't happen often, but she was still a fifteen year old girl and human so you know it's a thing. Maybe her words could've been enough to make her point without adding in the actual...action. It just seemed like a good idea at the time because let's face it if just saying, "hey get over Ronnie she's not worth it." was enough Zeph would've already been over her. So more then words were needed to get him to forget about her...but maybe she could've chosen a different path. you know one that doesn't throw a grenade into their friendship and potentially makes things slightly weird for them forever.

They made it through the rest of the evening...fine. And then the next week went by...fine. At least on social media it felt like everything was normal...but at school in person it was slightly different. As much as it was obvious they were both trying to pretend the thing...the kiss, never happened...she could tell. People who didn't know them well, probably couldn't tell any difference which was amazing great even! That meant once she settled this weird feeling inside herself the world would be none the wiser that their was ever anything going on. Luckily Zeph was a great guy and not the type to kiss and tell so it's not like she had to worry about rumors spreading or anything.

She simply did what she always did and threw herself into work and school work. She needed to finish making choices for what she was going to do for the Winter festival after all. she knew she was going to help him and be his dance partner, but she still needed to do something for herself. Normally she'd have asked for his advice, but all things considered she decided this time to just look for herself.

Just when she felt like she was feeling ok and not so awkward she got a call from her manager on Wednesday talking about a great 'opportunity' for her. Considering recent events Kordei was now a free man and what better way to make waves then to be seen with him. It was spun as something helpful for both of their careers because it was something the media could eat up and speculate about since they did go to school with one another, and they did talk from time to time...not like THAT, but apparently that was enough. It was also worded like she had a choice, but she knew her manager better then that. It wasn't. She was an excellent manger and nothing she'd done so far had failed Stella in any way shape or form so she trusted her...but this was something she hated because it definitely would help his image more then hers. After all he was practically public enemy #1 right now at school. Well between him Chas, and Nate. While she didn't want him to sink because of it and herself had even offered him some advice on how to ease the public backlash...she didn't want to be a part of it!

She was to bring him as her plus on to the cast Halloween party. A night she thought was going to be fun was instantly soured, and not because she disliked Dei but because she hated being forced to play a role off camera. Well that's not fair she's constantly playing some sort of role it felt, on or off the sets, but at least off set she got to choose! What if this was just the beginning what if this turned into a whole thing. She didn't wanna fake publicity stunt date Kordei Grant of all fucking people. She'd certainly not be able to say anything to Zeph about his choice in women if that happened.

Ugh could she even tell Zeph? She wanted to. The moment the phone call ended he was the first person she wanted to call and vent to...but something stopped her. She didn't know what it was or maybe she didn't want to admit what it was. Either way she kept it to herself and went to the party. It was a drag and thankfully Landon and Jan were able to give her an escape from it early in a way that didn't get anyone to pissed at her. It was only then when Zeph asked about her "escort" that she remembered she'd kept this from him, something she hasn't done in forever. She told herself it wasn't a secret yet, and she'd tell him...later. When the time was right. She just couldn't decide when that was. No time seemed to be right, and so she stuck to saying nothing hoping he'd forget.

Now here she was dressing up for her 2nd Halloween party. The night before was real elaborate because her and her castmates dressed up like KISS, so today was going to be easy. She got a Pikachu onesie and did her make-up. Something quick and easy, and under her onesie was a yellow crop top tank top and blue denim shorts in case she got hot and wanted to take it off. Her make up was still kinda like the Pokémon so she figured people could still basically tell what she was even if she took it off. Then again by that point who would really care? They weren't trying to win that stupid contest so what did it matter?

She texted Zeph before she got started letting him know she'd unlocked the door for him if he came over while she was still getting ready. They were supposed to go to the party together and she was excited to hang out, but she wasn't sure if it was going to be fun like the fair fun, or just ok like the past week had been. He really was the ash to her Pikachu in more ways then just matching costumes. She loved Zeph he was her best friend, and she just wanted to feel like things did before, instead of just look like they were before. To be honest it had finally sunk in that maybe she'd ruined her own point...but she didn't understand how!? Why did it feel like this? She'd kissed plenty of dudes before, dudes she even kinda liked and it was no big deal, why was this so different? Ugh Emotions were stupid. So instead of dealing with them or trying to actually figure out the answers to those questions she got on her laptop and distracted herself by browsing monologues to try out while she waited for him. Cause you know avoiding a problem is clearly the best way to solve it.

"Life is much more fun in the fast lane..."
Josephine Bennett

@JosieCat has set status to:
"Par-taaaaaaay!"

@JosieCat has set outfit to:
That one space princess.

@JosieCat has set location to:
Uber

@JosieCat has interacted with:
Lucky.

@JosieCat has tagged:

gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

October 31st. Halloween and arguably the biggest party night of the year. Tied with New Year's Eve, of course, because that night can get pretty wild too. Parties are like a right of passage in high school world. Everyone had to go to at least one and Josie had gone to all of them. Okay, maybe not the last few in the past month.

In fact, she'd avoided parties like the freaking plague ever since her break up with Saint. That whole thing had been a mess. From the initial fight on the way there to her finding him with some other girl all over him to him abandoning her there, alone and drunk. The worst part was that Saint thought he'd done nothing wrong. She knew the relationship was toxic but it didn't make it easier to let go and his denial of hurting her made it harder.

Jo was honestly just grateful that Lucky had come through when she called him to pick her up. Which was better than having to call Charlie and explain everything at the moment. Lucky had shown up right away, no questions asked. Of course, she'd spilled everything to him right then and there but he hadn't made her talk or lectured her. Not that Charlie would've, she just...it felt like she was a screw-up. Crying and wasted outside of some random party.

Despite that disaster of a night being fresh in her mind, she was still ready to have a good time tonight and nothing was going to stop her. So, with that Josie picked up the shot glass one more time, taking the third and final shot of her little pregame session before walking back to the bathroom to finish her braids.

She had dressed up as some space princess from that Star Trek movie. Wait, no. Star Wars. Yeaaaaah, that was it. Honestly, the girl had no clue what the movie was about since she'd never seen it but Gus seemed to like it. Lucky had tried to get her to watch it once but she fell asleep like fifteen minutes into it. It wasn't that she didn't want to give it a try...okay, maybe it was partially that, but the costume came out hot. So there was that as a plus.

Jo was in the middle of fixing her braids whenever Lucky texted her to tell her he was downstairs. After finishing up, she walked down to the Uber where she immediately spotted her friend. "Luckyyyyy, hey! Nice costume, spider boy" Josie said loudly as she reached where he was standing. "Let's go. I don't wanna lose my buzz before we get there," she laughed, opening the door to the uber.

"You brought this? Oh, I am so not giving this back!" she grabbed the flask as she climbed in and opened it. After taking a swig she finally let the smell hit her, one she's managed to ignore due to her constant focus on other things. "What is that sme-" she was cut short by a look from Lucky and realized that she was being kinda rude. "Oooops," she said instead of what she really wanted to say which was BARF.

In need of a distraction, she pulled out her phone and got on Twitter. Her eyes flicked to her phone to type in Lucky's defense, as she gave him a play-by-play of the Twitter happenings. "Are you ever gonna clue me in on this weeeeird tension between you and my roommate?" she said, her words not slurred but sometimes drawn out. Damn, that joint was strong. What kind of bud did Trev get anyway?
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Hunter Drake
How are you feeling?
Making it right
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Party
Did you mention anyone?
Nickie
Who are you talking to?
Some foxy lady
And, like, tagging?
Every bit of attention Hunter had to spare was given to Nickie, which was to say all of it. Nobody in this room had his undivided attention in such a way that, even when he was greeted by some freshman girls and even a few from his songwriting classes waved at him, Hunter didn’t pay them any mind. Whether or not that got on their nerves didn’t concern him in the slightest. The only person at this party he wanted to see was Nickie. The only person at this party who he wanted to give everything he had to was Nickie.

And as she spoke about her week, what kept her from responding to his texts, not that he thought he was owed swift responses, he couldn’t help but wonder if she was mad at him.

The fair had been over for a week, but that didn’t mean the ripple certain actions caused weren’t felt. Hunter had barely seen Nickie this week. He didn’t think she was lying about stressing over the arts festival and her performance. He didn’t think she was lying about wanting to master that cover. Not a single whim or notion came to him that suggested she was lying.

Still, Hunter couldn’t block out the voice in his head that was telling him she still hadn’t forgiven him for how he acted. And then there was the fact that he hadn’t really made himself available to her, either.

“You’ll nail that cover! Just like you do with everything you set your mind to!” His words of support were genuine and he had to shake those bad feelings off. Nothing worse than letting your own mind work against you.

He took a quick sip of his drink, letting the alcohol start to work its magic but mostly just to bide him some time.

“My week was a little terrible,” he haphazardly admitted, then looked at her. He needed to clarify. “But not like because something bad happened to me or anything. Just classes this week were overbearing. Songwriting was never my strongsuit and I’ve learned it’s a lot harder than I already thought it was.” Hunter laughed out nervously, looking at Nickie. “Probably gonna ask if I can get an extension or just take a supportive role to someone else. I’m probably not ready for the performing part yet.”

Hunter kind of hated when he rambled. IT was an annoying habit he didn’t know where he picked up.

A few moments would pass and Hunter took another sip of his drink. Something was eating at him and no doubt Nickie would catch it, so he knew he just had to say it. “So, listen…” He began and then found himself choking on his own words. Coughing, he went for attempt #2. “I mean, about last week. You know, the fair.” Hunter felt his stomach tie in. “I wanted to apologize for being an asshole to you, especially when you had gone to the trouble of dropping me off.” Hunter took her hand so he could not only make sure she understood this was genuine admission of guilt on his part, but also so he could help alleviate the queasiness in his stomach. “You didn’t deserve that and I’m sorry if I made you hurt in any way.”

º º code by ditto º º​

MOOD: drunko mode

OUTFIT: princess fit courtesy of tou lolololol

basics
MENTIONS:
Chase, Gen, Eli, Kane

INT:
Kio.exe Kio.exe (Kane)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Javier Cervantes
The rest of Javier's October before Halloween went splendidly. Thanks for asking! He got laid, did drugs, did crimes, did drug crimes... the list went on, and there's no doubt the contents of his activities weren't obvious based on the sleazy, hedonistic cliché Javi chased after.

It was hard maintaining his reputation as a successful (wo)manizer when everyone at H.A. seemed to either be a stuck-up prick, closeted, a hopeless prude, or most often some combination of the three. Javi was no stranger to combining alcohol, chip dips, and toxic relationship tendencies, but really guys, pick a singular struggle. After his fruitless attempts at sliding into DMs (some of which actually hinted at scoring a few), even the mighty Javier had to feel a little discouraged. That and irrationally furious, but with his new glamorous, suffocating environment, Javi being perpetually pissed off was a given.

Plenty of Javi's more personality-filled hookups had threatened to take a bite out of his manhood, but some of the girls and gays around the place almost seemed as though they'd really follow through. And at the risk of sounding conceited, Javi had a plethora of acquaintances that would be devastated if such a misfortune was ever to befall him.

He began to wonder if Chase would be upset if he ever had hear it, but deep down he knew the singer would laugh his ass off to know Javier had lost his vital asset because he couldn't keep it in his pants. Oh, the irony...

Would he stay at all if that happened? Even if it was in some other hookup way? Javier liked to think he'd found a friend in Chase, given the fact that he'd forgotten that they were supposed to hook up after their evening at the fair until about halfway through the night. Chase had shared a good amount of himself while they were on the ferris wheel, which was odd considering he didn't at all seem the type to share that much to a casual hookup whose only topics of discussion revolved around something dirty.

Javi envied him for that courage. His biggest regret was holding his tongue and laughing with Chase instead of contributing with something meaningful about himself. Something in him stopped him from really trying to reach out human to human, despite Chase's obvious lack of comfort with being so open. At the time it felt natural, but later when he was alone, Javi wanted to punch the wall after being so self-conscious and small. He'd never grown up, at least in the emotional sense.

The painful truth was that Javier really hadn't strayed too far from his father's will. He'd been raised to reject his insecurities for the sake of his exaggerated machismo and, while he was successful in dishonoring his family with his abysmal academic record, he still found himself awake at night wondering how things would have gone if he'd just been serious for a fraction of a second. If he really said what was on his mind. Would that change things? Would it make him weaker or stronger as a person? Before he could ever come to a conclusion, Javier always scolded himself for caring so much about it in the first place.

It didn't matter anyway, and every day felt like he'd made the wrong choice in the end. What sort of spite was Javi exacting on his father if he'd ended up a repressed dickhead anyway? At least if he'd listened to his parents and studied harder he'd be both repressed and successful rather than a repressed borderline drug addict. Some fucking loser he turned out to be.

Yeah, it must really stick it to the man to mooch off of his friends instead of living with his parents and God forbid abide by a few house rules. Javi felt like the goddamn help being set up in a guest room in the stupid (but well-meaning) Kane's fifty billion dollar fucking estate. No matter where he went, Javi was a disappointment and a failure. No amount of temporary physical gratification would change his sorry existence.

It was only a matter of time before Javi would run out of options, or in this case, couches to crash on. He'd have to shape up eventually.

But he never will.

And, as a toast to Javier's undying loserdom, he'd have a grand old time at this overdone social nightmare of a Halloween party. It wasn't a half-bad idea, really, even if the male host slightly creeped him out and the female host looked down on him like a lowly, desperate cockroach. At least they were nice about his inferiority.

Javi felt a sense of deja vu as he honked the horn of his beaten-up sedan outside of Kane's place, rushing the behemoth to get his lovable ass outside. "Get a move on, Kaney, I want my goddamn PARTY! NOW!" he shouted, cracking a semi-sadistic smile after realizing it was a touch too aggressive for sensitive Kane.

Javi didn't much care for the draft flowing through his too-tight princess dress, courtesy of his new, equally drug-oriented pal, Ellie, but it did show off his calves quite nicely, as well as his toned pecs and upper back. Who could resist such a manly, muscled, soon-to-be wasted princess?

Fuck, this was the last thing he needed to get a grip on reality. Whoever would end up his intimate partner for the night had better saddle up for one really active Javier.

Javier floored it, as customary, when Kane entered the car, making it to Gen and Eli's house in a concerningly low amount of time. "We're gonna get so fucked up," he giggled after stepping out of the vehicle, rubbing his hands together with anticipation. He almost broke into a sprint to get into the house, but he was already dangerously close to splitting his dress straight down the middle.

Instead, Javi wrapped his arm around Kane's shoulders and led him inside, giddily awaiting his turn to be drunk and absentmindedly rolling around, latched onto some dude. "It's party time, chico," the grinning boy announced, doing his best to get a read on the party atmosphere while scanning for the first bottle of alcohol he could claim for his own.

Like a true king, he reserved the annual privilege to down a sea of firewater all to himself while someone other than himself watched over him. He made off with a bottle of tequila whose brand he didn't recognize—not that it made much of a difference to Javi—and took a generous swig straight from the bottle. He coughed a little, then licked his lips.

Finally, time to let loose. "So where to first, buddy boy?"
code by valen t.

"waste of my time..."
saint taylor
@sainttay has set his status to:
Wanting to have a casual conversation and begin a nice night...

@sainttay has set his outfit to:
Simple...

@sainttay has set his location to:
The party...

@sainttay has mentioned:
Gen

@sainttay has interacted with:
Minnie

@sainttay has tagged:
sunshineysoul sunshineysoul

@sainttay has written a tl;dr:
Saint, in his infinite wisdom, after sculpting on his cow head, departing from home, and arriving at Gen's party, grabs a drink and decides to start a conversation by casually saying antagonistic things that he doesn't see as antagonistic to Minnie, a girl who he got into a fight with last skip.
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
EERN EERN EERN EERN

Saint Taylor, hunkered over atop a bright blue tarp on his carpet, didn’t even look away from the large block of grey modeling clay as his right hand reached to snooze his alarm and his left hand continued working at what was to be the head of the Texas longhorn heifer. His eyes flicked to the reference picture on his laptop as the final EERN was cut short as EE—. He shifted his tongue to the inside fo his left cheek, causing the sewing needle— a last minute, makeshift tool thanks to the fact that his needle tool had somehow rusted— poised between his lips to roll towards the right and for the tip of it to nip his tongue. He didn’t notice, his whole focus on the shape of the ear of the cow, his right hand tapping the arrows on his laptop to flip through the images as his eyes rapidly took in the information and translated it into delicate motions of his fingers.

He withdrew the needle from his lips, turning it to the wide end and pressing the side at the base of the ear, working it upwards to make small ridges to which he would return and make veins of. With the tip of his pinky, he pressed the ridges down a bit. Picking up a scraper up from the layout of tools before himself, he gently scraped off clay to be sure that the small ridges that his fingerprint had created were no longer present.

EERN EERN EERN EERN

He let his eyes flick away to his phone, and, when he noticed the time on the top of the phone, he tapped the STOP button.

With a soft groan, he sat up straight for the first time in at least the past nine hours, and he stood, his knees popping as if they, too, were groaning. With a rub of his eyes, he picked up his phone. His socked feet made crinkling noises against the tarp as he stepped off of it. He walked around the outside of his tarp to his closet, sliding the door open and grabbing the other large, blue tarp from inside, and he returned to his sculpture. Expertly, he wrapped up the cow’s heavy head so as to disallow air to enter in and dry it out, picked it up, brushed the things on his desk away with his knees, and gently placed it down on the empty spot.

Soon, he noted with a soft sigh, he’d have to been working on this project in the school’s art studio, which, while not a horrible place to do one’s work, did not have the comfort of being able to light up whenever one felt the notion.

He’d told himself and the others that he was going to this party tonight, and, though he wasn’t one to say that he was necessarily a man of his word, he figured that it was better that he go out. He did enjoy parties, after all, as little as he enjoyed the presence of many there, including tonight’s host. Besides, he’d purchased a costume for tonight in particular, and it waited on the counter of the bathroom, so he might as well dress in it and go.

He rubbed his eyes. How much sleep had he gotten the night before? From what he could count, he’d gotten three-and-a-half hours. No matter how unhealthy others may claim that it was, he’d collapsed before, and he knew his limit. He was going to be fine.

His stomach growled, and he opened the right-, bottom-most drawer of his desk and fetched a pack of peanuts within. Opening the package, he began to eat his fuel as he made his way to the bathroom.

He made eye contact with his reflection in the mirror as he entered, and he raised his eyebrows quickly before dropping them again as a small greeting to himself.

The first order of business was the white dress shirt, sitting by the side of the sink. Next came the black pants, and then came the black suspenders that went on them, which he found surprisingly easy to put on. The small bowtie went around his collar, and he was nearly finished.

Pouring more peanuts into his mouth, he picked up the headband, staring at it for a moment to determine which way was forwards and which way was backwards, and pushed it onto his head.

Next was the belt to which he had sewed a stuffed, fluffy object to the back of, and the final touch, he drew on with the washable Crayola marker that he had setting with his toothbrushes.

The looks was complete; Saint the Siamese cat was ready to go to the party.

“Meow,” he said stoically. “Hiss.”

Finishing the last of his peanuts and tossing the trash onto the table beside the door, Saint made his way out and to his vehicle, bringing his phone, keys, and wallet along.

Soon, he arrived at Gen’s house, and he parked wherever his car stopped. He made his way inside, moving his typical, casual, confident way.

He first found the drink table, grabbing a cup that someone had made up, slightly praying that it wasn’t drugged, though it wouldn’t’ve been a big deal if it were.

As he made his way over to a stable to lean against until someone he wanted to speak with came along, he spotted one of the girls with whom he had calmly chatted with at the fair. This one, he slightly recalled, was named Minerva. Honestly, not much about her had stuck with him, beyond the fact that she had basically been Genevieve’s yes-woman and seemed incapable of individual thought.

Regardless of how much of a waste of his time the conversation had been and how little respect for the girl he had, Saint assumed that it would have been a decent start to the part to speak with her. After all, she was a familiar face, and, though she seemed to despise him, he hadn’t really much against her.

He made his way over to her, coming to stand in front of her.

“There’s been no apology,” Saint began as his greeting. “I’m unsurprised, but I am wholly disappointed. I suppose that it’s not quite your job to apologize for your friend who was out of line, so I’ll let it slide for you, as much as I didn’t appreciate you agreeing with every point that she said. Individual thought just may simply not be your strong suit, and that’s alright, I suppose…how are you?”
º º code by ditto º º

♔ MICHAEL REID ♔
"aren't i fucking angelic?"
@reidbetweenthelines has set his status to:
Catching up.

@reidbetweenthelines has set his outfit to:
It's called "irony".

@reidbetweenthelines has set his location to:
The party. Where else would I be, babe? ; )

@reidbetweenthelines has mentioned:
The redheaded simp, Evie, Gen.

@reidbetweenthelines has interacted with:
The fucking eyesore beanstalk telephone pole whatever.

@reidbetweenthelines has tagged:
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

@reidbetweenthelines has written a tl;dr:
More insults!
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
This angel act wasn’t going to last very long if this fuckhead kept talking. Sure, Mike had talked first, but holy shit, Sucklaire didn’t have to respond.

Guess that came with being a dick as big as Landong was— you had to throw shit back.

Aw, damn, and to think, Mike came over to give him a pleasant greeting, and nothing more.

That fucker had to ruin everything, huh?

“Wow, a dig at my social standing, Landaddy’s Money? Hey, I get it— recycling material is healthy for the environment, but I don’t think that that applies to subpar insults,” Michael dug, grinning. “I guess thinking is really pulling out all of the stops for you, though, so hey, I’ll let it pass, like your teachers do to you when your parents slide them those hundos."

Bringing his cup to his lips again, Mike’s eyes caught on an approaching figure, and he chuckled softly as his eyes studied her.

Gen was looking fucking hot tonight.

“Good evening, boys. So glad you made it,” the girl purred through a smirk. “Enjoy yourselves tonight. Also, nice wings, Mike.”

Lowering his cup with a grin on his face, Mike followed Gen with her eyes as her retreated, unable to call a response in time for her to hear.

His eyes moved back to Landon again. “See, Dong? The wings get the women.” He grinned at him. “Even so, ya know, if ya really want me to reach out to your sister for a costume, you’ll have to start calling me your brother-in-law. Wings are the best wingman,” he said, his vitriol slightly faded thanks to Gen’s greeting.

He took another drink from his cup. “I appeal to a wide audience. There’s a reason why people know my name, Landong, and it’s not just because I’m a raging asshole— that’s your claim to fame.” He eyed him again, then chuckled. “Don’t want to steal the spotlight— we all know how desperate for attention you are, anyway. Speaking of, as much as I’d love to offer the redheaded simp to you as a pity offering tonight, Dong, I don’t think she’s going to be around. Shit, so it looks like you’re out of luck for your action. Damn it— looks like you should put lipstick on your right hand and make it look good for your date with it tonight.”

He grinned. “Listen, hey, I don’t want to hold you up on that, by the way. I just wanted you to see my face after three months just so you know that the one you’ll never be as good as still exists.”

I just wanted to know you still existed.

Three months. Three fucking months.

Three months, and that’s what he had to say.

That was all he had to say.

Goddamn it.

Though he had to reach up rather high, Mike put his hand on Landon’s shoulder, moving to brush past him. “It’s all good, babe,” he sparred, putting on his suave voice ironically. “I don’t know how it feels to have no one love you, but I can imagine.” He dropped his hand, giving him a venomous grin. “Best of luck for your three seconds in heaven with your hand tonight, Dongface.”

He didn’t know why he hesitated to leave after the words left his mouth, but, for a moment, he waited.

As if anything that his ex-best friend had to say afterwards would be worthwhile.

As if anything Mike said in retaliation would do anything but serve to piss him off more on this night that he was supposed to just enjoy himself on.

Damn it.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Alejandra Cortez
"Let me tell you a story, about a boy and girl.”

@Realex has set their status to:
Do I have to go?

@Realex has interacted with:
Morrigan

@Realex has mentioned:
Cole, Mari, Minnie, Ava, Chas

@Realex has tagged:
Winona Winona sunshineysoul sunshineysoul jasmyn jasmyn Kio.exe Kio.exe hery hery

To infinity and the grave.

Hopefully.

This was ridiculous. Not only did Alex feel like she was showing too much skin, she felt like a slutty kid's toy at the same time. "I don't want to wear this! I'd... rather show up to the party naked." Alex yelled out from the bathroom. She wished Morrigan wouldn't of agreed to this whole thing in the first place. When you think about it, it sounds pretty cute. Buzz, Woody, Jessie and... whatever Mor was going as.

Was it Bullseye? Slinky? Who knew at this point. Alex was so wrapped up in her own world of not looking like a complete idiot in front of Naomi, she didn't even know what Mor was going as. Or well, she didn't particularly remember. The brunette walked out of the bathroom with a huff and a glare sent Morrigan's way. "And out of all people, Cole and I are going to be matching. He's great and all, but I don't think we scream the best'o'pals." Her relationship with Cole was messy. She mostly tolerated him because of Mari and Mor. Overall, he wasn't a bad guy. Sweet... and that's all the compliments he's gonna get out of her. And that's not even to his face.

Alex kinda feels like he has... a superiority complex. And not like Chas's fake superiority complex, but a minor one. The guy thinks he could smile and get any girl to swoon for 'em. If that wasn't a superiority complex, she didn't know what is. Cole and Alex's relationship was full of tease and cheesy insults that of course, she didn't mean. Her friendships may seem a bit mean at first, but she never means to be mean.

Alex just has a special way of telling someone how she appreciates them.

"I hate you so much."

Which was a total and utter lie. If she did, she wouldn't be doing this damn thing in the first place. Alex was completely content on showing up as herself, or at the very least something scary. Halloween was her favorite holiday-- if it could even be considered as one, but she would much rather be sitting at home, watching the bazillion horror marathons that were on tonight. Which obviously she recorded, Alex had to delete almost everything out of the DVR for it.

Sorry, CSI: Miami. Ava will have to catch ya on the re-runs.

Tonight was either gonna be a disaster, or incredibly exciting. Somehow Alex had scored actual alone time with Naomi tonight and while it was making her oh-so nervous, she was so hyped. Despite the time they'd spent together at the fair, or their own movie marathon they weren't actually alone. Mor was subjected to both outings... and Naomi's cousin was watching the few scary movies that they had seen the other night.

Which means it'd be kinda awkward to make a move in front of either of them. Alex hadn't even told Morrigan that she liked Naomi. She didn't really need to, seeing as how nothing was happening with them just yet. But then again, that isn't really something you keep from your best friend. It was like... a thing that was there. Alex felt like Morrigan already had a hint of it, so was there an issue of not discussing it directly?

Probably not.

Besides, Alex felt weird vibes off of the both of them. It wasn't like Morrigan hated Naomi, right? Morrigan hardly hated anyone. Well... despite Minnie. But she couldn't say anything on that part, Minnie was a difficult person to even conversate with. She just felt like something was off the other night and Alex didn't really know how to bring it up, it's not like anything big would happen because of it. While Mor pretended to be this super strong chick who'd beat the shit out of anyone, she was the exact definition of a puppy.

"If we're doing this, we gotta do it right." Alex disappeared into her room for a few moments, returning with a brown eye liner pen. She didn't own much makeup, but since she'd been at Hollywood Arts, models were expected to come into work looking decent even though they were going into makeup? Can you imagine that? Downright crazy, that's what that is. Alex uncapped the pen, placing her free hand under Morrigan's jaw as she got to work on a triangle nose.

"So... what do you think of Naomi?"

It didn't matter what vibe Alex felt radiating off of whoever, her best friend's opinion mattered on who she was interested in. That's just how friendships worked.

Right?
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
nickie abrams
you've just gotta keep on, keep on.​
How are you feeling?
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Gen's place.
Did you mention anyone?
NPC.
Who are you talking to?
Hunter.
And, like, who are tagging, exactly?
Can I get a tl;dr?
Nickie's talking to Hunter and trying to avoid hitting the splinter in the sole of their relationship.
At Hunter’s words of assurance about her cover, Nickie looked away from Hunter, her eyes flicking to a girl in near-lingerie behind him and her smile faltering a bit. “Thanks,” she said meagerly, before realize how she must have seemed and putting on her smile again as Hunter took a drink from whatever was in his hand.

“My week was a little terrible,” he said, and Nickie’s eyes flickered back to him.

Right. That’s what she hadn’t wanted to hear.

In there, behind his words, there was an implied thanks to you.

Thanks to me.

Shit.

She looked away guiltily as he quickly tried to cover up what he really meant by spouting about his musical struggles— not that she didn’t believe that he had them, but he didn’t have to cover up the fact that she’d ruined his week just to spare her feelings.

He did that too often: he went out of his way to make her feel good when all she wanted was for him to pour all of his energy into making himself feel good.

Yet, she appreciated the thought. He was amazing— so kind and thoughtful— and it just went to show more why she didn’t deserve him.

“Sorry,” she said quietly, giving him a strained expression of a smile with knitted brows. “I guess I really can’t complain about my Arts Fest stuff; it’s been going okay for me.” She paused a moment. “If you need my help, I’m down any second you need me.”

She said that as if she hadn’t ignored his texts for half of a week.

She said that as if she would be any help at all.

A beat passed as Hunter took a sip of his drink, and Nickie’s eyes moved back to the boy before her. Looking at him now, she didn’t know why she hadn’t immediately recognized him.

After all, this was the boy who she’d claimed to love two weeks ago.

“So, listen...,” he began, and Nickie’s ears pricked as she waited for him to continue.

Maybe he’d change the subject entirely. She didn’t want to think about—

“I mean, about last week. You know, the fair.”

— the fair.

Shit.

She’d tried so hard to dance around the topic, only for him to mention it.

She didn’t blame him— he got the worst of it. He had to deal with her crying, and then she’d tried to shake him off, and...

Here came where he tried, so graciously, to let her down gently.

“I wanted to apologize for being an asshole to you, especially when you had gone to the trouble of dropping me off.”

Huh?

Nickie blinked hard in confusion, letting out a soft, confused laugh as Hunter took her hand.

Her eyes searched his face as he said his next words:

“You didn’t deserve that and I’m sorry if I made you hurt in any way.”

She blinked.

He had to be kidding.

“You’re joking, right?” Her voice came out a lot smaller than she’d expected.

This was another thing of him lying to spare her feelings.

“I...appreciate it,” she said, forcing a smile, “but you weren’t an asshole. You...”

What?

She pulled her hand away from him, looking away as she brought her hand back to her drink to take another swallow from her can.

“You don’t have anything to apologize for,” she said, her voice a lot more cold and empty than she intended for it to be. “It was...” She swallowed hard. “...all me.”

She let out a shaky breath.

Here it came; his chance to admit that he’d lied to her, that he hated her, and that he never wanted to speak with her again.

“It was all my bullshit you had to deal with,” she said, her eyes flicking away from him. “It was a hole I dug, and it’s...I dragged you down with me. I should apologize.” She looked at him again, swallowing. “I...”

Her words got lost as her emotions flooded her face.

The anger towards herself clenched her jaw, her regret formed her brows upwards, and her eyes grew glassy in knowing what was coming next.

She drew in a shaky breath. “I’m sorry. I’m...”

Stop feeding me this bullshit.

I’m not good enough.

You deserve better.

Her words wouldn’t come out, but she found her lifting a hand to his cheek, her eyes, hidden by her sunglasses, searching his face.

Damn it.

She dropped her hand, looking down at her can. “I’ve put you through so much shit. I... you don’t... you shouldn’t have to deal with me.” She went quiet for a moment. “Please, can we... forget that? The whole... fair...thing...?” she asked in a small voice.

Please.
º º code by ditto º º​

MOOD: frustrated

OUTFIT: XoXo

basics
MENTIONS:
None
INT:
Javi ( hery hery )
tags
TL;DR No.
tl;dr
Kane Blackmore
In this place, we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song (not)...

Kane hated Halloween. Everything about it. The slutty costumes, the scary movies, the four obnoxious songs that played on repeat during October. He did like the candy, but he could have that anytime. So all in all? A horrible, no good, useless holiday. It didn’t help that he was now being dragged to Gen’s house for the annual Halloween party by Javi, who was already in the car waiting for him. And...he looked ridiculous, in the stupid angel getup he’d pulled out his Valentine’s Day decorations from last year. It was simple, much better than the other options he’d had. And certainly much better than the dress Javi had on. But Kane wasn’t happy, and he’d make sure his roommate knew it.

Stomping down the stairs from his bedroom and into the car, Kane pulled the door to Javi’s beat up shit-mobile open, frowning at his friend. “It’s not fair, you know,” Kane quipped, buckling his seatbelt carefully as Javi pulled out of the driveway. “You’re makin’ me go to this stupid party, and we can’t even take my car.” Or any of the souped up sports cars his parents kept in that massive garage.

True to form, Javier ignored him and floored it, ensuring they made it to the party in a time Kane was sure was illegal. And not good for his stomach, he thought as it gurgled uneasily. Frowning, Kane stepped out of the car, trailing after Javi as the shorter boy threw his arm around Kane’s shoulders. It was awkward, but Kane didn’t move away. It was nice, being on the receiving end of Javier’s affection, and since he’d moved in, Kane had certainly taken advantage of it.

Even from their position outside, the music could be heard and the bright lights were shining through the windows, bodies faintly outlined. Did he mention that he also hated parties? Tonight was going to suck. Maybe less so than it would have if Javi hadn’t been there, but still. He’d rather be at home, eating pizza rolls and watching whatever movies were on cable tonight. No use dwelling on that, however. He was here, now, and he couldn’t change it.

Kane ignored Javi’s comment about getting fucked up as they stepped inside, instead looking around the space as Javi rooted around for alcohol. He’d decided, after the embarrassment and hangover that had occurred last time he’d gotten drunk, he’d never drink again. Or for a really, really long time. When Javi had made his choice, a brand of tequila that Kane was sure he had in his own cabinet at home, Kane took a moment to think about the younger, smiling boy’s question.

“I don’t care Javi,” he sighed, frown still gracing his lips. “Wherever you want to go, I’ll go.” As they drifted through the house, Kane could feel the pulse of the music in his feet, and smell the mixture of bad alcohol, sweat and onion dip that permeated the air. Fun. Real fun.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Juliette Jameson
"Please, you can’t imitate perfection.”

@QueenJules has set their status to:
#Dying but peek the outfit.

@QueenJules has interacted with:
Ava

@QueenJules has mentioned:
Chas, Maddie, Adriane, Nickie.

@QueenJules has tagged:
hery hery jasmyn jasmyn Winona Winona ditto ditto

This is a disaster.

A literal, and an actual disaster.

There was how many devils? Oh right, more than one too many. This wasn't fair! Juliette had claimed it weeks upon weeks before Halloween-- months, maybe! At least the only difference she was going to be the only red devil there. Nothing was hotter than red. Hell, she practically owned it. Just because Maddie and Chas felt the need to copy every single thing she ever did-- not that she blamed them. Obviously Juliette was some kind of trendsetter they looked up to because they simply weren't very original.

But fuck them.

Despite the argument she had with Maddie on twitter about it, Juliette shrugged it off. There was no sense arguing with Maddie because they always went around in circles, think of sisters fighting constantly and the next second they're simply on okay terms because they both wanted coffee. But god forbid if Maddie was the sister she never had. Juliette would die before she had ever considered Maddie family.

She'd rather say Nickie was related to her.

And she actually was.

JJ adjusted her devil horns in the mirror, reapplying her lipstick before she strutted into the kitchen. Grabbing a bowl of gourmet puppy chow out of the fridge and dropping it into the blue pet bowl. "Precious! Come eat." She waited a few moments and nothing happened. No small clicking of the tiniest paws against the marble floors, no barks, nothing.

Glancing around, Juliette knew nobody was home, but Adriane and Chas were like fat ninjas... alright, Chas was the fat one but her statement still stands. The brunette opened the cabinet under the sink, none of them cleaned so obviously nobody checked under here. She couldn't have her roommates knowing she stress eats. Definitely not.

As soon as Juliette cracked open a bag of chips, the rustling of the bag had gotten someone's attention. Precious came running by in the most adorable angel costume there is, obviously it led to Chas making a comment how the dog was the real devil here. But that was only after they both realized they were going to the party as the same thing. Whatever happened, happened. She'd be lying if she didn't try to sabotage his costume while he was getting ready, but that didn't exactly work out.

"I don't get why you don't like to eat alone. It's calming." She said, placing a potato chip into her mouth-- very carefully not to smudge the lipstick she applied moments earlier. The dog ignored her and started to munch away at the food in his bowl.

Knocking-- or well, harsh pounding was at the door and that only meant her visitor could only be one person. She dusted her hands off and returned her junk food in it's hiding space. "Finally, I was about to gain at least five pounds waiting--" Juliette swung the door open and her words died on her lips.

Ex-fucking-cuse me?

Not that she didn't look good. She just looked... not like Ava and it was so incredibly off putting. JJ absolutely hated it.

Not to mention Ava said she was dressed up as her.

Oh, bullshit. As if she would wear something so trashy. Yeah, she was from Jersey, but she wasn't from that part of Jersey. Sorry, not sorry. She had enough money to never step foot in one of those corner stores in New York.

Revolting.

Disgusting.

If Juliette was religious, she'd say she rebuked it.

"Fuck. You."

The door was slammed on Ava's face with the loudest noise the apartment building has ever heard besides Chas's cries of loneliness.

It was... what? Twenty seconds before Juliette gave in? She let out a loud groan from her side of the door, turning the knob and leaning against the door as she faced herself, Ava.

"You can't tell everyone you're dressed as me, if anyone asks? Say you're... a sluttier version of Jessica Rabbit or something."

In all honesty, how could she? Oddly enough Juliette wasn't that upset. Sure, she was pissed but not enough to try and get back at her via an evil plan. Ava wouldn't purposefully do something to hurt her feelings or whatever, not that she could in any way. JJ wasn't that sensitive.

"It was one hundred percent shitty of you, but the only reason why I'm still going is because I want to see Dorian. So, you do this again next year, I swear to god I'll kill you." Which was ironic to say dressed as a devil, but... oh well.

She crossed her arms, clearly upset at the whole situation and giving Ava a once over. "... At least your makeup is halfway decent." Jules closed and locked the apartment door behind them as they left the building.

This party was going to be the distraction she needed tonight. So what if everyone decided to copy her?

She's gonna be the best damn devil there. Everyone else? Move over.

Juliette was practically Satan... in designer clothing.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Zephyr Evermore
"Cheer up! 'Cause nothing really matters."

@zeph.evermore has set their status to:
gotta catch 'em all... and by that he means candy, not cooties

@zeph.evermore has interacted with:
Stella

@zeph.evermore has mentioned:
N/A

@zeph.evermore has tagged:
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
He'd kissed Stella.

Er, well, Stella had kissed him.

His thoughts had been frazzled the entire last week -- between first kissing Ronnie on an impulse, and then having Stella kiss him on an impulse out of nowhere. It seemed like Zeph really couldn't even go a week anymore without sharing a kiss with some girl that would immediately say it was nothing and shut down any attempt at conversation about it.

Well...

Not that he'd tried super hard with Stella, because...

Because it was Stella.

Stella wasn't just some dumb girl that he had a little crush on or thought was kind of hot -- not that he didn't think she was hot, of course. Of course he thought she was hot! Stella was very attractive, and he was really flattered that she had kissed him at all, even if it was to prove a point that really made zero sense. Like he totally understood her point -- people did stage kisses all of the time and were able to disconnect reality from a work of fiction and develop no feelings.

But also, how many couples started dating because they played romantic interests in a movie or TV show?

Nope, nope.

See those were the thoughts that would complicate tonight and Zeph just wanted a nice, calm, chill, uncomplicated night with his buddy Stella. Yep. His best friend Stella who was clearly not anything more and would clearly never be anything more because they were just good buddies. Good buddies that hade obviously just... made a mistake. A little lapse in judgment that had led to them kissing, but it was really nothing and Zeph certainly didn't think about it.

Nope. He had no memory of her lips pressed against his.

He hadn't thought about that feeling at all while laying in bed trying to sleep at night or when he'd see her in the hallway.

Nopey nope nope nope.

Focus.

Tonight would be fun.

Zeph had gotten his costume together and he had to admit, he looked... absolutely ridiculous. He stood in his cramped dorm room, his shoulders naturally slouched given his abnormally large frame so that he could see all of his costume in the mirror before him. Blue vest jacket thing pulled over a black t-shirt? Check. Green fingerless gloves? Check. Red and white baseball cap with a weird logo? Also check. Reflected in the mirror was Zephyr Ketchum, Pokemon trainer extraordinaire.

He hated the costume, but it was what Stella wanted to do and Zeph really hadn't had any ideas. He hadn't dressed up for Halloween the previous year because he'd been new to the school and hadn't really known a lot of people, so Zeph had taken to staying at home for the holiday and instead had just called his sisters to tease them about their costumes.

A pang went through his chest. It had been a couple days since he'd talked to his sisters, although he'd naturally been texting his family over the last couple of days. Even if he didn't speak with them daily, he was still in nearly constant contact with his sisters and... usually his dad. His dad had grown more distant since the passing of his mother.

He swallowed the familiar lump in his throat and smiled.

Zeph looked decent.

With one last look and a little adjusting of his cap, Zeph sucked in a deep breath through his lips and then exhaled slowly through his nose. He totally had this down. A night just hanging with Stella? Fun.

So Zeph stepped away from the mirror and headed out of the dorm room to go and meet the Uber which was, luckily, waiting for him downstairs when he got down there. Perfect timing, really. He hopped into the backseat and let the Uber take him the short distance to Stella's place. "Hey, can you wait a couple minutes? I just gotta go grab my friend."

The driver mumbled something but agreed, and Zeph was hopping out of the car. Stella had texted him that her front door was open, so he bounded up the steps to her place and let himself right in. As he had done a million times before but something about doing it today just felt... slightly weirder than normal?

"Hey Stella," he called as he closed the door after him and stepped into her place and headed towards the living room with a smile on his face. "You ready? Uber's waiting outside to get us to the party."
º º code by ditto º º

Adriane Holloway
"I want to live, not merely survive."

@omg_adriane has set their status to:
ugh, tacky decorations

@omg_adriane has set their outfit to:
catwoman? yes

@omg_adriane has interacted with:
N/A

@omg_adriane has mentioned:
Gen, Evie, Eli, Charlie

@omg_adriane has tagged:
N/A
Ugh. She'd waited until the last minute to put her costume together which was totally unlike Adriane. When it came to Halloween, she usually tried to put as much of her effort into the costume as she could. After all, it was the one time of year that she could dress as slutty and sexy as she wanted and no one could say a damn thing about it. Everyone dressed slutty and sexy on Halloween and if you weren't doing that then, like, what in the fuck was wrong with you, you know?

Issue, however, was that the party happened to be located at Gen's house. Something that previously wouldn't have been a problem because, although the two girls certainly weren't friends, they weren't on the worst of terms. Like they hooked up and they'd tolerated one another's presence enough for Gen to invite Adriane to Italy, after all, but of course that conniving bitch Evie had to stick her nose where it didn't belong and suddenly, Adriane was the bad guy for stating what everyone else was thinking.

Look, was Eli really going to be thirty and still have his sister fighting his own battles for him? It was just pitiful. No wonder that little blonde midget had dumped him.

And now she was going to Gen's house. Honestly, Adriane would've avoided the event altogether following some earlier events that had occurred, but hey, she figured a party would be a great way to try and get her mind off of it.

It was nothing, really, but it had still gotten under Adriane's skin. She'd been on the phone with her parents and all she'd done was cough. Cough! But of course they had just, like, totally freaked out and started telling her that she needed to schedule an appointment to go and see the doctor and if she couldn't get in by so and so date, then she needed to just go straight to urgent care, and don't worry about the cost, and blah, blah, blah... It had all been just annoying.

Adriane's parents had always treated her like she was a glass doll. As if the wrong move would cause her to just absolutely shatter and leave nothing behind but a broken body. And it wasn't like Adriane was totally dismissive of their feelings and their over worrying, but it was just that... she wanted to enjoy her life and not miss a party over a simple cough. Adriane had just had an itch in her throat and it had been nothing less, nothing more, and her parents needed to learn to relax.

Growing up with their overbearing attitudes had been rough -- like, she got it, spending so much time in the hospital would do that to any parents. But at some point, they had to learn how to loosen their grip a little bit. Part of the reason she had come here to Hollywood Arts had been to get out from underneath that control. So she could escape the bubble.

Luckily, Adriane showing them that she was taking her pills and taking them while she was still on the phone had been enough to calm them down for the time being. She'd also, of course, promised to wash her hands, use hand sanitizer, blah, blah, blah. Anything to get her parents off her back so she could try and enjoy her night.

And now, Adriane had just rolled up to the party via, well, her car. Riding with Chas and Sebastian was obviously disgusting given their current relationship status and she could've hitched a ride with JJ, but her little protégé was planning on arriving with that disgusting lit girl that liked to threaten to rip out people's organs. Eww. Gross. No thank you.

Plus, Adriane liked being alone.

So now, dressed in the overly tight costume of one Catwoman, Adriane pushed her way through the front door. Her eyes scanned the room, taking in everything while also keeping an eye out for Gen. The last she wanted to do was run into her and just ruin the entire night by getting into some kind of fight with her.

The first thing on her mind had been drinks, only for her to remember that it was bring your own.

Great. Alcohol-less. Drug-less.

Right now? Friend-less.

A wretched ending to an absolutely wretched day.
º º code by ditto º º

Lucky DuBois
"Luck is a very thin wire between survival and disaster"

@luckycharm has set their status to:
don't punch an irishman, don't punch an irishman

@luckycharm has interacted with:
Josie Grossie

@luckycharm has mentioned:
Ash, Trevor

@luckycharm has tagged:
jasmyn jasmyn

Lucky stretched out his arms and did a few inconspicuous squats. This costume really was uncomfortable, but it looked like the real deal. There wasn’t a doubt in his mind that Spidey Squad wasn’t going to win tonight. He needed a fucking win tonight. He needed this to not be another disappointing night that he was inadvertently manipulated into. He pulled the small flask out of his jacket pocket and unscrewed the lid. He sipped down a decent-sized gulp. Distraction. If all else fails, he had his back-up plan.

Surprisingly enough, he was much less of a lightweight than he thought he’d be. He wasn’t a drinker. A beer here and there, but it wasn’t his vice. Until now, that is. His dad’s death…

“Luckyyyyy…”

The familiar voice brought him out of his head. He’d be lying if he wasn’t grateful for it. He glanced over at Josie. A mild smirk plastered on his lips. He didn’t know how Gus had gotten her to dress up as a character from a movie she’d never even seen, but that was an argument he’d lost too many times before. He made his way over to the other side of the car and opened the door for his friend. “It’s Spider-Man, Princess.” He said with a wink as he pulled at the crotch of his pants. “At least, I hope I still will be after tonight.” He chuckled as he shut the door and made his way back to the other side and slid into the car. Fuck…that smell only got stronger.

"You brought this? Oh, I am so not giving this back!"

He reached for the flask, but it was too late. “Josie, I think you’ve…” He sighed. It was useless. She had made up her mind and it would only end with puppy dog eyes and him letting her have the flask anyway. “Gus prepared to take care of you tonight, Jos, cause it’s my night off.” He said half-jokingly. He’d be there if she needed. She knew that.

Lucky did his best to breath through his mouth, though that wasn’t any better and he was thankful that Josie had swallowed her vomit down and took to her phone. Maybe she’d forget about the flask. He reached over and without even looking away, she snatched it away. His eyes narrowed. Seriously? He shook his head and stared out the window. Were they there yet?

He looked over at Josie in confusion as words slurred from her mouth, but it became clear when she literally gave him a play-by-play of Trevor and Charlie’s conversation. Prick? He was the prick? Are you fucking kidding me? The dude was a pompous ass who can’t handle anyone having any opinion that doesn’t match his own. How he and Ash were friends or whatever honestly baffled him beyond belief.

“Are you ever gonna clue me in on this weeeeird tension between you and my roommate?”

He wasn’t going to lie. He didn’t care for it. “Not weird, Jos. The guys a half-baked dickwad with a huge stick up his ass.” He stated plainly as he sat back in the car and rested his hands on his knees. He was fuming. He’d promised Ash that he’d play nice. He’d broken it now once and swore he wouldn’t do it again. But Saint Pedotrick was making it really hard for him to keep that promise.

The Uber slowed to a stop. “Fucking finally.” Lucky huffed as he grabbed the flask from Josie’s hand quickly with a smirk and grabbed the other bottle of whiskey and stepped out of the car. The car drove off and Lucky looked up at the house. Sure, he’d been there before, but it was still a shock to see how the other half lived. He took a swig from the flask and held his arm out and glanced over at Josie. "You ready?"

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: self-conscious

OUTFIT: maid costume

basics
MENTIONS:
Rome, Gen, Ash, Jace

INT:
mogy mogy (Oates)
Soap Soap (Liv)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Callum Richards
We're just friends now. This is a friendly excursion. We're doing to do friendly things, like maintaining a healthy, friendly distance from one another and not dumping all of our problems on another. And we'll be so totally friendly that-

Bzzzt!

Callum felt himself being dragged out of the inner recesses of his mind by the sound of the buzzer; it was only then that he realized he'd been staring listlessly at himself in the mirror for several minutes. It was no longer an uncommon occurrence for Callum to catch himself temporarily slipping from reality over the past few weeks. Half the time he wasn't even thinking about anything. He'd have been frustrated over his constant wasting of his time if it wasn't for the fact that he never had anything important to be doing these days anyway.

Staring back at Callum with sunken, tired eyes was a pale, lanky teenager practically wasting away in real time. When he unfocused his eyes, he could almost spot bits and pieces of his flesh dissolving into the air like dust particles magnetically attracted to the roof. At that point, Callum was positive this was the product his atrocious sleep schedule. He shrugged it off, making a mental note to get twice as much sleep the next night.

But even that was wishful thinking. Callum knew very well he'd be up all night thinking about the things he could have told Oates if he had the courage to do so. Everything he wanted to tell the cheery boy was locked behind their paralyzing platonicness. Oates seemed to be able to separate himself from that intimacy quite easily, but the same couldn't be said for Callum. Was he wrong for it? Was it so wrong to cling onto faded memories of comfort and temporary peace when nothing in the present moment was going right?

Oates would probably have an uplifting answer to that. Regardless, Callum's most intimate problems weren't his burden anymore. Callum had missed his chance to have that kind of conversation with the person he held dearest. Even if neither of them could truly comprehend that fact. This "friend" thing was a futile effort to spare Callum's feelings and he knew it.

He did what could possibly considered the world's most pathetic twirl in front of the mirror. Gliding along with Callum's waist was a flowing, black skirt attached to a two-piece maid outfit. If Callum's arms hadn't been so freakishly long, he wouldn't have had the dexterity to zip up the back of his costume himself. The comical getup was not at all flattering to Callum's ungracefully spindly figure; the skirt was most definitely not made with a 6'2, chicken-legged teenage boy in mind, which was glaringly obvious based on how little there was of his thighs left to the imagination.

Callum's legs were in great shape, even by dancers' standards, but with his awkwardly stringy stature, even his black practice tights gave his body the appearance of a capital "I". At least the top was somewhat tight on his torso, which partially made up for how baggily the bottom half of the costume fit on his waist.

Every second he was regretting indulging in this childish holiday tradition more and more, but at the end of the day, Callum was weak to that bright, shining smile and radiant laugh Oates emitted like an effervescent firefly lazily drifting in the nights of summer. Oates reminded Callum of home in that way, long back to his early childhood of teetering on the edge of trapping gleaming fireflies in the backyard. He always stopped himself, even as a little kid. No one deserved to be trapped by the will of another, even for the sake of childlike wonder. California was such a stark difference from his home in Virginia; just his city of population in the measly 200 thousands already felt like there was too much going on.

Reflecting on those moments urged Callum to remember that things weren't always bad. And he had Oates to thank for providing him that optimism, even if he wasn't trying in the slightest. Perhaps a simple thanks was all the lively boy needed to hold their connection together. Callum suddenly felt an aching guilt inch across his body. It wasn't much, but Callum hoped he too had given Oates a friendly reminder of the positive side of life, even if he'd sucked the fun out of everything else. He had to remember they had good times, despite the overwhelming prominence of their ugliest moments constantly replaying in Callum's head.

Was this rosy lens the same thing that coated Oates' eyes every day? Callum had to admit to himself, he was a little jealous. If only it was that easy to escape reality to somewhere nicer instead of withdrawing into himself. His inner thoughts had a habit of coalescing into something brooding and negative at the most peculiar of times.

As much as Callum was dreading having to trick-or-treat on his first Halloween as a full-fledged adult, the fact that he'd get to do it with Oates was enough for him. All of this was all for him after all, and Callum had made that very clear with what he said back at his apartment after the fair. That awkward tension knowing his heart was out on the table in front of Oates weighed on him. How embarrassing it must have been for Oates to know his ex-boyfriend was thinking about how much he missed what they had as he agreed to their Halloween plans. For God's sake, he put on a maid's outfit just to win him over.

What a desperate leech he was. And on top of that, he was third wheeling with Oates and his friend. He knew Liv decently enough by then, and if the girl knew anything about him she'd be able to pick up on the fact that he wasn't exactly keen on his not-date with his not-at-all boyfriend being intruded upon by some nosy, impatient boyfriend distracter.

Uh. Ex-boyfriend. Callum still had to get used to that one. He didn't much care what the rules were; he would always be possessive over the boy that walked among his most whimsical dreams and most crushing nightmares. He couldn't help it; it was in his nature to avoid letting things go.

Out the door Callum went, his lime green bag holding his wallet and keys strapped over his shoulders. His beige flats click-clacked on the tiled hallway floor, already making Callum's soles ache slightly. He looked over his shoulder, more embarrassed that he was embarrassed about being caught in a maid outfit than how embarrassed he actually was about being in said costume. Only Oates could make him as self-conscious about his appearance as he was. What a disgrace. All the bluffing he'd done about how nonchalant and uncaring he was toward Gen and now Ash went down the drain. What would Jace think of him now?

They wouldn't get it anyway. The things Callum did out of attraction were between him and Oates only. And it would stay that way.

Outside the apartment building, he spotted Oates and Liv crowded around the buzzer. Based on their positions, it seemed to be Liv that was spamming the buttons. Figures. Of course the girl impeding on his second attempt at showing Oates he'd changed enough for another chance was rushing him out the door.

Those thoughts wouldn't be welcome that night; Callum had to hold his tongue and be on his best behavior.

He didn't force a smile this time—it apparently had the opposite effect he wanted based on the way things had gone down last time he spoke with Rome. Instead, he opted for his usual neutral-ish R.B.F., a classic in all things Callum. He crossed his arms once the freezing autumn chill set upon his body, longing for his missing iron supplements. He was sure they'd ended up in his sock drawer, but they had somehow turned up missing that morning. Callum blamed his half-assed apartment cleaning from the evening after the fair for his lost possessions.

He looked around disinterestedly before speaking to the two fellow high schoolers in front of him, his arms still crossed tight across his chest. Curse those short sleeves and that skimpy maid skirt... "Jesus, it's freezing out here," he grumbled, his eyes finally making their way up to Oates, who was freakishly tall due to his costume. What a strange feeling it was to be at least five inches shorter than Oates. Callum had always been the tall guy. Oates' new height made it virtually impossible for Callum to slouch and look down at his feet, although he'd been avoiding looking that direction since he changed into his maid garb anyway.

It wasn't long before his gaze softened. Callum admired Oates' Ryuk costume, although he had to admit it was still a little hard to get over his ex being that much taller than him. He'd seen Death Note six times over and was overjoyed the day he found out Oates had also taken an interest in the macabre anime. "Nice costume," he mumbled, his monotone voice clear as mud. Maybe he really should drop dancing to pursue a career in mumble rap.

Liv made a decent Wonder Woman, but Callum couldn't really be bothered to feign interest in her over the boy he'd been looking forward to seeing all day. Not that one would be able to tell anyway based on Callum's cold demeanor. He forced a "You too, Liv," out of respect for the night's trick-or-treating trio. His cheeks were slightly red with shame, but hopefully his red nose would give off the appearance that he was just cold and not at all conscious of how others were perceiving him at the given moment.

He spoke quickly to avoid having to hear any comments about his ridiculous maid costume. "Anyway, what's the plan? Are we, uh... really trick-or-treating? Or should we just head straight to the party?" Both options were far too energy-demanding for lethargic Callum.

This would undoubtedly be a long, long night.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Guilty

OUTFIT: Rockin’ that sexy slinky dog costume

basics
MENTIONS:
Mari ( jasmyn jasmyn ) Cole ( sunshineysoul sunshineysoul ) Naomi ( Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 )

INT:
Alex ( Soap Soap )
tags
TL;DR no.
tl;dr
Morrigan Raine
"I may not be a smart dog, but I know what road kill is."

Morrigan thought Halloween was ridiculous. She wouldn’t tell Alex this, of course. No, that would just give her best friend an excuse to bail out and go...watch cheesy horror movies or whatever. And this whole Toy Story theme? Even more ridiculous than the holiday itself. But Mari and Cole had been excited, and who was Mor to deny them when they asked oh-so cutely? Besides, it wasn’t like she’d had other plans.

Mor was dressed as slinky, albeit the “sexy” version, though you could hardly call a dog made of plastic and metal “sexy”. And Alex...was Buzz Lite-Year, counterpart to Woody, or in this case, Cole, of all people. She looked fine, but Mor could tell she was nervous. Nervous, yes, but what for? Was it Naomi? Mor knew Alex liked the girl, that much was obvious, even if she hadn’t outright stated it yet. Even if Mor had no clue why Alex liked her in the first place. Naomi seemed aloof, bored and the type of lass to move on once they got bored. If she did that to Alex, Mor would...well she didn’t quite know what she’d do, but that was besides the point.

“I hate you too, chara,” Mor quipped, smiling. They’d have to leave soon, in order to meet Mari and Cole and whoever else was joining them on time. As Alex work on her nose, Mor took a minute to think about her question. Well Mor certainly couldn’t tell her how she actually felt about Naomi. No. Mor sighed, opening her mouth and then closing it again as she chose her words carefully. Alex had always had this uncanny way of knowing when she was lying, so she’d have to make this believable.

“I...I think she’s nice,” Mor began. That wasn’t necessarily a lie, Naomi had never been mean. “I don’t really know her enough to have an opinion,” she continued, scrunching her face as the brush tickled the tip of her nose. That was also true. Outside of the fair and the day Naomi and her cousin had come over for movies, Mor had never really talked to the girl. Now for the hard part: “But if she’s your friend, chara, I’m sure I’ll love her.”

Lie. A boldfaced one at that, and Mor hoped Alex couldn’t see through it. She wouldn’t allow it to be her that made her best friend have second thoughts about the girl she liked. No, she wouldn’t ruin that, too. So, instead, she simply smiled as Alex finished her nose, and stood up.

“So. Are you ready for this party, or what?”

code by valen t.

Last edited:
OATES OATES
" podcasts, amirite? "

@username has set their status to:
tall and spooky

@username has set their outfit to:
costume

@username has set their location to:
callum's place

@username has mentioned:
liv, callum

@username has mentioned:
Soap Soap , hery hery
😎
😎
"And, yeah, sure, it's gonna be tough to maintain the balance of just being friends and not anything more, but like, I can do it, you know. There needs to be a distance, and even though Cal won't fundamentally be the one to care for it, I can care for both of us...I mean, I did it before, so how hard can it really be?" Oates explained in gestures as he paced around the small hallway of his 2 bedroom apartment in his 6-inch heeled black leather boots, unknowingly making his downstairs neighbors hate him more and more. "It's going to be okay, right? Cal agreed to be just friends, so the toughest part is done, I think. You're a strong man who is going trick-or-treating with his two friends and who is gonna gather so much candy and eat it all and then be on a sugar rush until December, and it's going to be so fun. You're friends, so just act like it, and nothing else has to happen. Plus, Liv is there, so if Callum tries to do something not-so-friendly, simply ask her to walk in the middle, and it will be okay. Just don't make it awkward, and it won't be awkward..."

The boy was unquestionably his own category of wacky, but if he was good at one thing, it had to be giving himself the best pep talks in the history of pep talks. It might seem like I'm joking, but give me a pep talk that had anything on Oates and his ability to make up a problem out of nothing, only to then talk himself out of thinking it was an actual problem in the first place. That's right, you cant. For Christ's sake, even this whole conversation with himself was the product of having a dream in which Callum kissed him that then resulted in the two getting back together, and eventually, Oates breaking up with and hurting Callum all over again.

(Ay Dios Mio, this wasn't very Latina of Oates.)

In the end, however, Liv was probably on her way to Callum's place already, and dwelling on what might happen at some point or the other was utterly trivial, especially if he ruined Liv's first-ever trick-or-treating experience by being late. After all, Callum was Oates's ex-boyfriend, and it would only be appropriate for him to show up at Callum's apartment first—even the thought of Callum and Liv trying to spark up a conversation, and undoubtedly failing miserably, made Oates cringe, so he needed to hurry up.

Putting the silicone Ryuk mask on and looking at himself in the mirror once last time, the boy knew he looked scary. At the very least, it was a subjective opinion, though, there was something about having this sort of spooky aura that made him feel all cool and special inside. Well, it could've also been that he was now a 6'7'' giant and couldn't walk through his front door without almost hitting his head, but the point was that he felt really cool in this get-up.

Also, as sad as it sounds, Oates often thought about the enigma that were doors. Like, why were doors so weird in the first place? Some doors were inside doors, some doors outside doors, and god forbid you put an inside door on the outside or the other way around. Some doors were wooden, some plastic, some glass—some doors had circular knobs, and others had flat ones...oh, and don't even get him started on the little doors some of those old houses had. He genuinely thought those doors were for elves until he was like 16, and Callum had to break the news to him that elves didn't, in fact, exist. Though he did really enjoy Coraline.

Anyway, doors were one of the many topics that flowed around in Oates's head during the bus ride to Callum's apartment, though these thoughts were often (like 3 times) interrupted by kids getting scared and crying, which forced Oates to take off his mask and show them he was just a friendly boy and not actually an anime demon there to eat them. That was the part he didn't enjoy about his costume because it made him feel like a whole movie villain. However, that was all over now, and Oates was in front of Callum's apartment waiting with Liv for him to come down and show his costume so their trick-or-treating adventure could finally begin.

The girl was impatient, but who could blame her? It was Halloween and also her birthday, and she was in a parking lot in front of an apartment complex anticipating the arrival of a guy she didn't even know all that well.

"Sure. I can even throw in some of my Reese's peanut butter cups, and it can be like a birthday gift. Though I did get you an actual birthday gift, so..." Oates teased, but he did actually get her a birthday gift which he couldn't really bring her right now because it simply wouldn't have been okay for her to go around and trick or treat with a build-a-bear teddy bear in her arms—she was Wonder Woman for God's sake!

Before long, Callum made his way outside, and boy, oh boy, was he dressed like something. Luckily for Oates, he was wearing a mask because if he didn't, the redness in his face would've been out for the world to see. If anything, Callum was being strategic because he knew Oates loved maid dresses, especially cute boys in maid dresses, so now Oates needed to stop himself from saying something weird, especially because it would be inappropriate to do so in front of Liv, but also because the two were now just friends—nothing more!

"Yeah," Oates swallowed the lump in his throat before continuing. "You too."

º º code by dildo º º

MOOD: he deserved it

OUTFIT: scandalous middriff

basics
MENTIONS: saint, evie, gen, nate, amy

INT: saint
ditto ditto
tags
TL;DR the universe couldn't just leave minnie alone, could it ?
tl;dr
minerva
if it rains in hell then angels could be bad

so it wasn't enough that minnie just generally hated halloween. it wasn't enough that she had trauma tied to the stupid holiday as well as trauma tied to dressing in costume. it wasn't enough that her father had texted her, effectively ruining any sense of partying she had for that night. and of course it wasn't enough that minne felt she had to force herself to wear stupid cat ears for the sake of her friends.

no of course not.

nope. no, saint had to be there too.

minerva never had a lot of interactions with saint taylor to form a real opinion on him. but ever since the little stunt he pulled at the fair? that gave her more than enough to form her own conclusion about him.

he was a little bitch boy.

yup, you heard it here first folks, saint taylor is a little bitch boy.

minnie returned to HA a little late, and had missed the initial drama between evie, kordei, amy and nate, but she seemed to get caught up pretty fast, seeing how her best friend was directly involved. and when she heard that gen had laid into kordei? it made minnie feel a little bit better for not being able to be there herself. the whole thing was a shit show, and she just wished people moved on.

but here he was, good ol saint, the boy who was a constant contradiction to his actual name. here he was, expecting an apology? it had already pissed minnie off that he was harassing gen for an apology, but to come for minnie? who wasn't even there when the punching happened? it royally pissed minnie off.

it felt like middle school drama, at this point. so much he said, she said and no direct communication between the people directly involved. here comes saint, wanting gen to apologize for what, calling out kordei? was kordei too much of a baby to take someone's words? was he too scared of gen to come ask for an apology himself? or was saint being this little lap dog, thinking he'd get a bone thrown his way if he got gen to apologize?

minnie had no idea.

so what? just because gen didn't apologize, and minnie didn't think she should've, saint's asking her to apologize for gen?

and did saint REALLY expect ANYONE to apologize to kordei? he was an ass. he cheated on one of the sweetest girls in school, and then started to come after evie? how could saint think his good buddy did nothing wrong? minnie couldn't wrap her head around it.

truth be told she didn't even try.

because her fist acted first.

BAP

she didn't even realize what happened until after it happened.

she had punched him. right in the nose. with everything she had, her subconscious said fuck it and took over.

her face remained the same. her eyes didn't go wide with shock or mouth hung open in surprise. she kept her demeanor as she looked around. of course everyone was looking at her. shit. everyone was looking at her. and she had just punched saint.

i mean he deserved it.

minerva, for once in her life, didn't know what to do. she was thrown off her game. her entire mood had been off the entire weekend and now, when she would've been able to say some witty comment and saunter off to get a drink, she just glared at everyone around her.

i have to get out of here

and that's what she did. she didn't scurry off like a coward, no. that's not how minerva frost walked. she continued to carry herself with confidence as she made her way to the front door. not even a word to saint; why should she dignify his stupidity and arrogance with a response?

once the door closed behind her and she was away from prying eyes, her pace quickened. she had a weird feeling in her stomach, and she didn't want to be anywhere near people when it happened.

she finally made it to her car, just in time to hide behind it and let it out. yup, she was glad she made it far enough away before she started puking. it became evident to minnie that she hadn't eaten anything all day.

"damnit," the word was barely there as the realization hit her. even if saint wasn't there, she wouldn't have lasted long at the party anyways. everything decided to pile up in minnie's head and come out in physical form. she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand as she caught her breath. she leaned on hand on her car as she heaved in and out, deep breaths of the cold air.
code by valen t.

- Location.
party (Back patio)
- Mood.
Here...
- Tags.
Alex ( Soap Soap ), [Mentions: Nic, Casey]
-Outfit.
Werewolf Rawr

Big parties like this weren't normally Naomi's style. She liked parties, just she'd prefer small kickback type ones. She wasn't afraid or anxious in large crowds like Toni, but that didn't mean she liked them. Literally the only reason she was attending this thing was because she had talked to Alex and she'd seem excited to go, and she wanted a chance to hang with her some more. This was very new for Naomi...actually wanting to hang with someone without the intent of sleeping with them...but not exactly looking for just friendship either. It was weird, but she figured it was a delicate balance she could handle just like everything else that came her way. Alex was different even if she refused to say so out loud to anyone but her. Though she was pretty sure even Alex didn't realize what she truly meant by it. She was sure she took most of her flirtation as hollow. It usually was so that was a fair assumption. That level of distance was good though...safe.

She started getting ready in her costume that was kinda weird to her. She was supposed to originally go scary as like a zombie or something, but then she figured a werewolf would be cooler...but she didn't like most werewolf costumes. They were too hot for California even if it wasn't really summer anymore. That and most were 'sexy' werewolves because the moment you put female in front of a title that's what it automatically turns into. A begrudging fact Naomi found irritating most of the time. She had nothing against sexy, she liked sexy...but not automatic, and not really on herself. Regardless, she found something decent and ran with it. It was just for a night after all.

It took some time, but she convinced Toni to drop her off and with some luck pick her up once she was ready. Sure she could take an Uber, but why pay money when you have a perfectly reliable cousin nearby. She climbed in his car and aimlessly listened to music as he helped her pre-game. Sharing a blunt and she kept a flask full of tequila on her. She chilled out with him for about thirty minuets hot boxing in the car. They didn't talk about much though. She loved her cousin, would do anything for him, would beat a bitch near to death for him...but talking? That's not something they've really done in a while. So they stayed in comfortable silence, the occasional comment here and there. Just before she was ready to get out he leaned over and kissed her forehead telling her to be safe. The sentiment was kind, but it didn't make her feel anything. Attachment even to family was kinda pointless and they both had to know that by now with how torn apart their family had become. "Yah I know." She replied simply.

She walked into the party in a daze. She didn't stick around inside preferring to immediately find her way outside for the fresh air. The back patio was the perfect place. Some stragglers hopefully likeminded that didn't vibe with the main crowd. She hoped to see a friend or two like Nic or Casey before running into Alex knowing the chances of her leaving the girls side after that happened was slim. Just when she found a cool spot to chill out of course some already too duck guy made his way over to her to try his luck. This boring john doe might have normally been decent for passing the time, but the more he talked the more she wished she was talking to Alex instead. Shrugging off his flirtation in hopes he'd get the point sooner rather then later.

Not to mention she decided to cool it with flirting with rando's who she didn't know for a fact were single. Last thing she needed was some bitch blaming her for her man's infidelity again. That would ruin her high, and no one wants that tonight.

Naomi M. Elizondo
coded by incandescent

Big parties like this weren't normally Naomi's style. She liked parties, just she'd prefer small kickback type ones. She wasn't afraid or anxious in large crowds like Toni, but that didn't mean she liked them. Literally the only reason she was attending this thing was because she had talked to Alex and she'd seem excited to go, and she wanted a chance to hang with her some more. This was very new for Naomi...actually wanting to hang with someone without the intent of sleeping with them...but not exactly looking for just friendship either. It was weird, but she figured it was a delicate balance she could handle just like everything else that came her way. Alex was different even if she refused to say so out loud to anyone but her. Though she was pretty sure even Alex didn't realize what she truly meant by it. She was sure she took most of her flirtation as hollow. It usually was so that was a fair assumption. That level of distance was good though...safe.

She started getting ready in her costume that was kinda weird to her. She was supposed to originally go scary as like a zombie or something, but then she figured a werewolf would be cooler...but she didn't like most werewolf costumes. They were too hot for California even if it wasn't really summer anymore. That and most were 'sexy' werewolves because the moment you put female in front of a title that's what it automatically turns into. A begrudging fact Naomi found irritating most of the time. She had nothing against sexy, she liked sexy...but not automatic, and not really on herself. Regardless, she found something decent and ran with it. It was just for a night after all.

It took some time, but she convinced Toni to drop her off and with some luck pick her up once she was ready. Sure she could take an Uber, but why pay money when you have a perfectly reliable cousin nearby. She climbed in his car and aimlessly listened to music as he helped her pre-game. Sharing a blunt and she kept a flask full of tequila on her. She chilled out with him for about thirty minuets hot boxing in the car. They didn't talk about much though. She loved her cousin, would do anything for him, would beat a bitch near to death for him...but talking? That's not something they've really done in a while. So they stayed in comfortable silence, the occasional comment here and there. Just before she was ready to get out he leaned over and kissed her forehead telling her to be safe. The sentiment was kind, but it didn't make her feel anything. Attachment even to family was kinda pointless and they both had to know that by now with how torn apart their family had become. "Yah I know." She replied simply.

She walked into the party in a daze. She didn't stick around inside preferring to immediately find her way outside for the fresh air. The back patio was the perfect place. Some stragglers hopefully likeminded that didn't vibe with the main crowd. She hoped to see a friend or two like Nic or Casey before running into Alex knowing the chances of her leaving the girls side after that happened was slim. Just when she found a cool spot to chill out of course some already too duck guy made his way over to her to try his luck. This boring john doe might have normally been decent for passing the time, but the more he talked the more she wished she was talking to Alex instead. Shrugging off his flirtation in hopes he'd get the point sooner rather then later.

Not to mention she decided to cool it with flirting with rando's who she didn't know for a fact were single. Last thing she needed was some bitch blaming her for her man's infidelity again. That would ruin her high, and no one wants that tonight.

"waste of my time..."
saint taylor
@sainttay has set his status to:
Hmm...

@sainttay has set his outfit to:
Cat...

@sainttay has set his location to:
The party...

@sainttay has mentioned:
N/A

@sainttay has interacted with:
Minnie

@sainttay has tagged:
sunshineysoul sunshineysoul

@sainttay has written a tl;dr:
After getting punched by Minnie, Saint goes and stands against a wall while his nose bleeds.
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦
The girl before him stared at him for a moment, and Saint’s eyes scanned her body before returning to the general area of her eyes. She did not seem to be dressed up, unless “rather basic” was her costume, and, if so, she was certainly pulling it off.

Typically, one’s response to a practical stranger coming up to one with a greeting, even if one got off on the wrong foot with the other person, was a casual “hello” and a smile, if nothing else. If one was particularly polite or had social skills, one could even begin a conversation, typically with a “how’s the weather?" or something along those lines.

A fist, however, was never a pleasant greeting, especially not to the nose, and it was far from polite for the fist to quickly make its greeting and for the former of that fist to then walk away before the other person could even register what was really happening.

The former, unfortunately, was what Saint received, much to his, at first, confusion.

Her fist collided with his face, and she stormed off, and Saint hadn’t even had time to register either until it was over.

For a moment, he stood, staring at the space where the girl had been, and, when he tried to breathe, he noticed a metallic smell.

Slowly and casually, he brought a finger up to his nose, and it touched something wet.

“I’m bleeding,” he mumbled.

He hoped it didn’t get on his white shirt.

He took a sip from his drink, and, casually, he turned his back and leaned against the wall that the girl had just been standing against.

Well, that had been a mildly interesting experience…

She didn’t have to be so rude, though.
º º code by ditto º º

- Location.
Home
- Mood.
This is going to be fun or so help me
- Tags.
Zeph ( Winona Winona ) [Mentions: Landon, Lin]
-Outfit.
Pikachu! ⚡

Upon hearing her door open Stella immediately knew who it was before he even spoke. It of course should be the only person allowed to just walk in, but his vocal confirmation brought a bright smile to her face. She sat up to see him totally decked out in his Ash costume. He looked like a dork, but a cute dork. "Yah of course." She chimed closing her laptop and putting it to the side so she could get up. "You look like an official Pokémon trainer, and I'm loving it." She giggled. To be fair he always looked good. She didn't tend to have ugly friends. Not that she was selective of her friends based on attractiveness but it was a fact, and kinda hard thing to avoid in this place. Tall, dark and handsome seemed to be her type and Zeph was of course no exception in that.

She quickly shook those thoughts from her head. Nope that's not what you are supposed to be thinking about. The exact opposite is. He's not handsome he is your FRIEND. Emphasis on friend. Just friend.

She quickly grabbed her phone and stuffed it into the pocket of her onesie after unzipping it revealing her regular clothes underneath to place her wallet in her shorts pocket. She figured it'd be safer there then anywhere else. With a cheerful grin on her face she finally grabbed her keys to lock the door and headed out to the car with him. The whole time however was her internally trying to keep her thoughts in check. She needed to focus on one thing and one thing only. Having fun, good wholesome-ish fun. Anything not wholesome would be reserved for other party goers, but not him. She couldn't risk making another miscalculation. She couldn't risk losing him over something so...so clique. He was one of the most important people in the world to her after all.

To keep herself distracted she aimlessly scrolled through twitter. As always there was always something going on good or bad. Luckily it was currently good, just talking about being pirates. The night was still young and already challenges were being made, so she couldn't help but hope it'd stay this way while also not holding her breath for it either. She was glad to see Landon wasn't too jet lagged to party with them tonight, it'd been a while since she last saw him let alone hung out. "Looks like strip poker is off the table, but beer pong is still on!" She spoke up randomly while still looking at her phone, "I agreed to play a round with Landon, but if you wanna play we can partner up too for a round or two." She offered. She didn't want him to think she was trying to immediately ditch him upon arrival or something.

That wasn't the plan, but the idea of hanging out tonight with more then JUST Zeph was appealing. Maybe it'd do her some good and distract her from her thoughts? It's hard to be distracted from something constantly in your face. Not to mention Zeph is the more friendly and social one of the two of them, so he might actually wanna hang out with someone other then her her all night. He actually had other friends. "Tho if you don't want to that's cool too, you don't have to be stuck with me all night." She giggled trying to keep the mood light as they pulled up to the party. She suddenly remembered it was supposed to be BYOB...but let's be honest she was 15 how was she gonna bring anything to drink, but she was also a girl so chances are she could bat her eyes eyes at some older guy and he'd give her some.

Gen's place was HUGE, though that probably should've been expected considering who she was and all. Stella was no stranger to money, but this was definitely bigger then her parents place. People were already filling in the place, and she was curious as to how tonight would go. She'd missed the last party and lord knows all hell broke loose then. She wanted to witness the drama, but hoped not to be a part of it. That and hoped not to see Kordei there. Two nights in a row was too much. "I heard Lin was bringing a dog, do you think he's here already?" She asked curiously looking up at Zeph.
Stella J. Bailey
coded by incandescent

Upon hearing her door open Stella immediately knew who it was before he even spoke. It of course should be the only person allowed to just walk in, but his vocal confirmation brought a bright smile to her face. She sat up to see him totally decked out in his Ash costume. He looked like a dork, but a cute dork. "Yah of course." She chimed closing her laptop and putting it to the side so she could get up. "You look like an official Pokémon trainer, and I'm loving it." She giggled. To be fair he always looked good. She didn't tend to have ugly friends. Not that she was selective of her friends based on attractiveness but it was a fact, and kinda hard thing to avoid in this place. Tall, dark and handsome seemed to be her type and Zeph was of course no exception in that.

She quickly shook those thoughts from her head. Nope that's not what you are supposed to be thinking about. The exact opposite is. He's not handsome he is your FRIEND. Emphasis on friend. Just friend.

She quickly grabbed her phone and stuffed it into the pocket of her onesie after unzipping it revealing her regular clothes underneath to place her wallet in her shorts pocket. She figured it'd be safer there then anywhere else. With a cheerful grin on her face she finally grabbed her keys to lock the door and headed out to the car with him. The whole time however was her internally trying to keep her thoughts in check. She needed to focus on one thing and one thing only. Having fun, good wholesome-ish fun. Anything not wholesome would be reserved for other party goers, but not him. She couldn't risk making another miscalculation. She couldn't risk losing him over something so...so clique. He was one of the most important people in the world to her after all.

To keep herself distracted she aimlessly scrolled through twitter. As always there was always something going on good or bad. Luckily it was currently good, just talking about being pirates. The night was still young and already challenges were being made, so she couldn't help but hope it'd stay this way while also not holding her breath for it either. She was glad to see Landon wasn't too jet lagged to party with them tonight, it'd been a while since she last saw him let alone hung out. "Looks like strip poker is off the table, but beer pong is still on!" She spoke up randomly while still looking at her phone, "I agreed to play a round with Landon, but if you wanna play we can partner up too for a round or two." She offered. She didn't want him to think she was trying to immediately ditch him upon arrival or something.

That wasn't the plan, but the idea of hanging out tonight with more then JUST Zeph was appealing. Maybe it'd do her some good and distract her from her thoughts? It's hard to be distracted from something constantly in your face. Not to mention Zeph is the more friendly and social one of the two of them, so he might actually wanna hang out with someone other then her her all night. He actually had other friends. "Tho if you don't want to that's cool too, you don't have to be stuck with me all night." She giggled trying to keep the mood light as they pulled up to the party. She suddenly remembered it was supposed to be BYOB...but let's be honest she was 15 how was she gonna bring anything to drink, but she was also a girl so chances are she could bat her eyes eyes at some older guy and he'd give her some.

Gen's place was HUGE, though that probably should've been expected considering who she was and all. Stella was no stranger to money, but this was definitely bigger then her parents place. People were already filling in the place, and she was curious as to how tonight would go. She'd missed the last party and lord knows all hell broke loose then. She wanted to witness the drama, but hoped not to be a part of it. That and hoped not to see Kordei there. Two nights in a row was too much. "I heard Lin was bringing a dog, do you think he's here already?" She asked curiously looking up at Zeph.

Ava Sanders
"Life is for keeping score."

@queenofhell has set their status to:
hella spooky

@queenofhell has set their outfit to:
literally look at the gif

@queenofhell has interacted with:
Jules

@queenofhell has mentioned:
Dorkian

@queenofhell has tagged:
Soap Soap
She smacked the gum. She wiggled her eyebrows. A huge grin was stretched across her face as she stood there in front of a JJ that was obviously stunned by how fucking good Ava looked right now. Her hands were on her hips. She had the pose. The whole lean on one leg in a sassy bitch kind of way. Her stature wasn't slouched for once. Overall, she'd perfected this shit. The only thing that she didn't have that Jules nearly always did were heels.

Ava was already freakishly tall for a girl -- the last thing she needed was to be even more freakishly tall for a girl. Plus she'd already donned disgusting makeup. She'd slipped into a slutty shirt (look, it was slutty for Miss I-Only-Wear-Sweatshirts) and had on a fucking SKIRT. There was no way in fucking hell that Ava would be subjecting herself to the horror that was stumbling around on pencils because, what, it made her calves look good for guys or something?

Fuck guys.

Not like, fuck guys as in like--

Like.

Like fuck guys because they were stupid. Not stupid but not attractive. As in like, Ava would never want to... wear... heels to impress guys? Ah, fuck, she didn't even know where this train of thought was going. Look, prancing around on pencils might have been fine for girls like JJ and Gen but for Ava? Like hell no, fuck that.

"Fuck. You." Jules stated, which Ava took as an immense compliment.

However, before she could open her mouth to tell JJ thanks for said compliment, the door was being slammed in her face. Now normally, had this been anyone else, Ava may have been pissed. She would've been put off or something, you know? Like who did this bitch think she was, slamming her door in Ava's face?

But it wasn't just anyone. It was JJ.

So instead, she just started laughing. Absolutely dying. She lost that perfected posture. Her shoulders slouched as one of her arms went across her stomach and she doubled over in laughter. Her eyes started watering a little bit and she had to take deep, shuddery breaths to calm down the laugh attack as the door opened back up.

What had that been? Twenty seconds? Record broken. Nailed it. Fucking best start to the night.

Ava was a little competitive. Could you tell?

She brought a finger up to her eye to wipe away at the tears of laughter, only to forget that she had on makeup and her finger came away smeared with eyeliner. Well. So much for the perfected makeup. You'd think that after years of having intricate makeup on her face from Halloween that she would know not to touch her face on this night, her favorite night of the entire year, but alas. Ava had fucked up. Oh well. Maybe now she'd look like a spooky Jules. Like a Jules that hadn't gotten her beauty sleep or something.

"Alright, whatever." She said with one last snort of laughter as she started walking down the hallway and out of the apartment building with JJ. "I won't tell anyone that you were my muse for tonight's absolute bomb costume." Did people actually say bomb anymore? Ehh, whatever, explosive things were the best compliment.

And then Jules had to bring up that ass.

Well, in all honesty, Ava knew next to nothing about Dorian. He was the brother of one of those girls that Jules had done pageants with when they were little and although she'd heard plenty about them growing up, it wasn't like any of that had ever registered with Ava. In one ear and out the other as they say. Jules did pageants, bitched to Ava about whatever had happened, and she'd just nod her head offer "what" and "how dare" and gasps at appropriate times.

What was the sister's name? Marsha?

The only reason Dorian's name now held any semblance in her brain, and the only reason that that name now conjured up his dumbass looking face was because Ava had a reason to know him now. He was the newest object of JJ's infatuation and he was the newest guy claiming to hold the same kind of infatuation for her.

By hooking up with her because for some fucked up reason, that's how JJ had started this... whatever it was.

Now the guy's dumb face was imprinted in the walls of her brain, but like, you know how when you're little you'd go through your yearbook and draw on the faces of people you don't like? Yeah, that's definitely what popped up in Ava's head: Dorian's face with a dumb expression, undoubtedly devil horns, maybe a dumb mustache. Anything to make him seem less...

Threatening.

Not that she was scared of him or something. Ava could snap that fucker's spine like a twig without breaking a sweat if she really wanted to. But threatening because...

Jules liked him.

And maybe Ava was a little jealous.

Dumb, right? She knew it was dumb. Having something more than just platonic, friendship feelings for your best friend since childhood who just so happened to be straighter than an arrow.

She'd get over it eventually.

At least... that's what Ava had been telling herself for the last... five years...

"Ditching me to hang with Fuck Boy Flavor of the Month?" She asked bluntly. Look, she was hurt, and Ava wasn't the greatest at hiding that hurt. "I'm not hanging around with him. He's got that dumbass smile that makes me just..." she didn't finish her sentence -- instead, she wrinkled up her nose and pretended to gag.

Mature.

"How many people you think will get scared? Oh, how many people do you think will think I'm you?"

Ava tried to lighten the mood with a little joke as they made it to her car. She popped open the little... purselet? Like it wasn't a full purse -- it was one of those little... handbags? Was that the word? The little things that popped open and could hold like barely anything. See, pockets. This is why pockets were evented, and also why Ava's selection of sweats happened to be purchased from the guy's section because those pockets? Way fucking better. And, well, the pants weren't as tight.

She grabbed her keys out, closed the... whatever it was, and unlocked the car for herself and JJ.

-----------------------------​

The drive to Gen's through LA traffic was fucking wretched.

Ava was an angry person on a normal basis. She had a short fuse and a quick temper. Her temper, however, was typically spent through a few sharp words and then she'd be done and reset. Until, you know, that fuse was burned up again and she went back to snapping at whatever poor soul happened to come near her at the wrong time.

LA traffic, however, destroyed that fuse.

She grumbled curse words. She rolled down her window to flip off multiple cars. She slammed on her horn at least once. Fucking everybody was bad enough of a driver on a normal basis but somehow, they seemed to be ten times worse. Maybe it was the hairspray that was keeping her hair in its up status that was filling her with this rage.

When they got to Gen's, she was more than relieved as she found a parking spot (unfortunately, a decent distance from the mansion) and climbed out of the car, locking it after JJ had exited. Ava locked her car and dropped the keys back into the handbag and then went to slip the handbag into her pocket... only to remember she was pocketless and would be dragging this handbag with her everywhere.

Stupid thing.

"Alright, are you going to sniff out your Prince Dorkian like Precious sniffs out treats, or...?"

º º code by ditto º º

Users who are viewing this thread

Back