• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here

OUTFIT: xoxo
basics
mentions

hunter natsukashii natsukashii
ronnie hery hery
interactions
Evelyn Sinclaire
eighteen ~ senior ~ hetero ~ plastics; fashion
Evelyn had probably been shuffling through her closet for an hour now to find the perfect outfit to throw together. At first, she had been set on green because you're supposed to support your team or whatever but then she realized that meant supporting her ex, Kordei. No way was she doing that. Then she thought about wearing all black, you know, full funeral style? It just wasn't enough though. If Evie was going to go out of her way to not wear the school colors then she had to go bold. Finally, as she closed the closet door in frustration she realized that the velvety dress she'd made herself would be perfect with a pair of high-heeled boots and her newly-thrifted coat. Wearing the rival team's color, maybe a shade or so off, was a statement that Evie was willing to make.

The brunette promptly checked her phone for any missed texts or calls from Gen, who she'd promised to meet for the game. Of course, Gen knew Evelyn well enough to know the girl was almost always fashionably late everywhere she went. She sent a quick text to one of her other best friends, Chase, telling him that he better show up at the game. If she had to attend this thing, so did he. Once she was sure that she hadn't forgotten anything, she rushed out the door. Of course, she had to pass up Dei's apartment door on the way to the elevator which was always annoying. Why did she have to live in the same apartments, on the same damn floor as him?! Ugh.

Soon enough she was arriving at the game and handing over her ticket where the guy running the stand gave her a confused once over. She knew people were staring at her, why wouldn't they be? She was on Hollywood Arts' side of the stadium wearing full-on purple. It didn't phase her. In fact, it was exactly the response she was hoping for. Instead, she just strutted her way in to look for Gen or even Nate. Though, she was sure she'd see the former after the party that she hoped was happening later. Her eyes searched the crowd and quickly spotted Amy. It wasn't that Evelyn didn't like her! She actually seemed sweet but she had to admit, internally at least, that it did drive her wild seeing Kordei's arm wrapped around the girl.

Evie rolled her eyes at the thought and looked around for a seat where she could wait for her friends. Unlucky for her she wasn't paying much mind when she sat down on the bleachers right next to none other than Hunter Drake. Thank god for Ronnie being next to him, obviously trying to get his attention which she only hoped would keep him from trying to hit on her. She tried to ignore the conversation, pretending to not even notice the pair until she heard Ronnie practically offering herself up for a date. "Ronnie, dear, you could do so much better than Hunter," she laughed a little, her Australian accent slightly sneaking out. Her eyes flickered between the two for a moment before she spoke again. "I mean, you're clearly too pretty for him," she added very matter-of-factly.
code by valen t.

HAND OVER HAND

Seb grinned as Chas sat next to him, cheering mentally that Chas chose him over his other friends. Not that he thought he was competing with them, or anything like that, it was just nice to feel like he and Chas could still hang out despite how different Seb was to the others. He laughed and shook his head, leaning back in the seat and turning to look at Chas. "No one ever looks decent next to you." he said teasingly, but he knew that Chas liked the flattery. Sure, he probably shouldn't, but Seb liked to indulge him. He just looked so happy when someone agreed or complimented him, and what was the harm in that? And if it doubled as flirting, well, that was nobody's business.

And shit, the way Chas looked when Seb told him he looked good? Seb didn't care if it fed his ego, he'd do anything to get Chas all flustered like that again. And his smile only grew as Chas rambled on about his suit jacket and... his dad's mistress? Okay, Seb probably shouldn't be smiling, but it didn't seem to be bothering Chas, so he didn't feel too bad. And hey, it got Chas to touch him, even if it was just a shoulder nudge. He shook his head with a mock-serious expression. "I'm not with the press, but your secret's safe with me," he promised teasingly, but he did also mean it. He would never go around spreading stuff about Chase. Who would he tell anynway?

He cleared his throat and looked back out at the field, hesitating only briefly before stretching one arm out and putting it over the back of Chas' chair. Not necessarily around his shoulders, and it could totally pass as a platonic thing, but it was also... something else. That Seb wouldn't mention if Chas didn't. And to make sure he didn't, Seb quickly chose another subject as he turned back to look at Chas. "So... what happened to, like, Adriane? And your other friends?" He asked, probably way too casually for it to actually be casual.
Sebastian
MOOD: chas chas chas

OUTFIT: Dark green hoodie, black skinny jeans, dark blue sneakers

INTERACTIONS: hery hery

code by valen t.

Last edited:
AFFLUENZA

Did Chase want to go to the homecoming game? Absolutely, 100% not. But would he do absolutely anything for his best friend? Absolutely, 100% yes. And so he found himself pulling on a purple shirt, white pants and a belt, and the first pair of sneakers he found. Of course, if he had to go to the game at all, he was not going wearing the school colors. As if he was supporting that team. So, of course, as per Evelyn's recommendation, he was wearing the rival team's colors. It wouldn't be worth going if he didn't show at least a little bit of rebellion, right?

He caught the bus as close to school as he could get, and then walked the rest of the way, fighting the urge to vomit when he saw the stadium. It wasn't that he hated the school; just the whole homecoming game, with the reminder of how many people he would see tonight that he really didn't want to. At least he could just stick with Evie and they could judge all the fake bitches together. He didn't really care if he was late - in fact, he kinda hoped he missed the entire game - but they hadn't seem to have started by the time he arrived. He searched the sea of green for a shade of purple, and spotted Evie, sitting with Hunter - ew - and Veronica.

He crossed to the bleachers and climbed up until he reached his best friend and dropped himself down next to her. "You so owe me for this," he told her with a dramatic sigh. "I only came because you begged me."
Chase
MOOD: ew.

OUTFIT: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/87/d6/fb/87d6fbcae0d341c9237c12dad0aa05a5.jpg

code by valen t.

Last edited:

Hunter Drake

onthehunt
mood
outfit

To a lot of people, Hunter has been called, for a lack of better words, gross, a child, a hopeless fool, idiot, and not as creative, a loser. And while some of those might've hurt a younger Hunter Drake, he grew a thick skin when he met Kordei and Chas. Both of them showed him the way and like the Mandalorian, he followed their advice, learned their tricks, and did it without question, though for obvious reasons, he took their words as gospel and interpreted them in his own unique way.

Such as being as forward as he could. And to Hunter, that meant tweeting about being at the best seat in the house. He live-tweeted about being so close to the cheer team that, save for his sister and his other sister, they were all smoking hot (his own words; look it up). He overheard some of what they were talking about and that was when he decided to tune out who Eli would have taken to the game if he wasn't one of the male cheerleaders.

Sometime later, which was really about a minute later, as Hunter was scrolling through his phone -- mainly text messages shared between him and his bros throughout the week -- his entertainment was so rudely interrupted when the sound of a familiar, screeching tone entered from his left. That prompted him to roll his eyes and cursing under the sounds of the loud chatter from behind. He knew who it was.

"Ronnie freaking Crosby." He expelled a turbulent sigh as he turned to face her, forcing himself to smile her way. "Hey Ronnie, you look, uh, nice." Even someone as annoying as Veronica Crosby had a face he didn't mind looking at. If only that mouth of her had been used for something other than talking. Literally, speak of the devil, she went on an unforgiving rant about what they could be doing and that's when Hunter blocked her out. He nodded absentmindedly about everything she said. He heard none of it but the sound of her voice was enough to make this instinctual reaction possible.

At some point between him blocking out Ronnie's voice and giving himself a moment to jump back into the fray, Hunter was pleasantly surprised when Evie decided to join them. Usually, he would just stare at her haunting eyes that always drew him in, but he wasn't ashamed to admit that he gave her a vertical once over from head to toe. The way the dress clung to her figure and how her legs were doing everything right, it took Hunter almost everything not to make a pass at her. Which he was glad he didn't (at least for the time being) because here came her comments about how Hunter was nothing and how Ronnie could do better.

"You sure bout that, Evie?" Hunter flashed a grin in the brunette's general direction as his arm went behind the redhead's back and placed it along her waist. His finger firmly planted themselves on her side and he pulled her close to him to where their sides were touching. Throughout all of this, even after Chase decided to make himself welcome, Hunter's suave gaze remained locked on Evie.

coded by weldherwings.

MOOD: gay thoughts for a gay thot

OUTFIT: green n classy

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Sebastian)
tags
TL;DR i do not owe you a tl;dr, good sir
tl;dr
Chas Marino
Of course Chas didn't need to be told how attractive he was, although that didn't mean he enjoyed it any less. Especially coming from Seb, it weirdly felt like an honor. But... why? He's just some ordinary guy? Why was Chas suddenly so desperate for male attention? Well, just one male. But still... real fishy.

Despite his awkward internal conflict, he couldn't help but feel overly excited Seb was taking the time to make him happy, even if that's what friends do. With that excitement, his disconcerted feelings still lingered. It didn't help that the harshly bright lights that lit the field clearly illuminated his beet-red face. He looked away, pretending to be watching the field or something until he could calm himself. As many times as he tried, it still didn't work. He felt like an idiot.

Thankfully, Seb's assurance that he wouldn't spill the beans about his parents did ease the tension a bit, although a twisted part of him still wished for his parents' downfall. He had grown accustomed to defending them and placing them in a good light to every tabloid associate and gossip that pestered him about his family, but that didn't make it any less unbearable. After so many years, he just couldn't stand them and whatever idiotic situation they had put themselves in out of frivolous irresponsibility or a hunger to stay relevant in the celebrity world. Chas, of course, had no problem knowing he'd be playing into the same tactics in 20 to 30 years, neglecting his children and consulting his legal team for scandal after scandal. It would just be nice to be able to focus on his own life's drama instead of his parents' all the time. After all, what other life was he raised for than to emerge as the most interesting man in Hollywood?

He tensed as Seb's hand drifted to the back of his chair. Of course, he could mean nothing by it, but even Chas could tell things were a bit off from the get-go. He looked the tall boy dead in the eyes as he spoke, taking a moment to study his body language before he replied to his query. "Oh, don't worry about them. I'm sure they're fine," he insisted, instantly dismissing the idea of his friends' interruption. The idea of being alone with Seb was growing increasingly alluring by the second. "Ritu's great, but sometimes she really has no tact. I mean, come on. I know it was way in the past, but I thought I made it pretty clear I don't want Nate's name mentioned at all. Little asshole."

He let out a sigh, realizing getting worked up wasn't a good look in front of this strange boy he wanted to impress for some reason. "I know you're pretty new around here, but let it be known I don't want anything to do with traitors. My trust is really valuable, okay? No one's gonna get in the way of my future." He folded his arms, his eyebrows furrowed out of a healthy hatred for Nathan Woods.

Without realizing it amid all of this ranting, he was sitting considerably closer to Seb's side. Not that he was complaining. Well, maybe it was a little bit intentional. While Chas was ranting and raving and passionately waving his arms around, he had taken the opportunity to slowly inch closer to him. He kind of liked the feeling of butterflies in his stomach, even if he wasn't really sure what was going on. But all of his instincts were screaming to go with the flow. Centimeter by centimeter, the platonic gap between the two was closing in favor of a fate Chas had yet to make any sense of. But he didn't have the capability to think that far ahead.

code by valen t.

alizah zabielski
the singer
The promise of rain lingered in the air as Ali, Ruby, and Lin gathered outside of the vehicle. Ali cast a sidelong glance at her sisters haphazard parking job, a smirk tugging at her lips as Lin greeted Ruby. Ali didn't have anything against Lin or his eccentric outfit, but he was definitely Ruby's friend. Crossing her arms over her chest, Ali let her gaze flick towards Ruby again upon hearing her question about finding Ali company for the night. "I don't think so." Though she was still half-smiling, there was no way she was letting Ruby set her up with anyone ever again.

When Ruby's arm snaked through Ali's, her other one linking with Lin, Ali offered her sister a half hearted smile as they headed inside after purchasing their tickets. The game didn't even look to have started yet, and a quick glance at the darkened sky told her that the rain probably wouldn't hold off for them to finish. Ah, whatever. Wouldn't be the first time she got caught in the rain.

When she looked back down, Lin was pointing towards some seats in the middle of the stadium. "Fine with me." Ali shrugged, releasing Ruby's arm so that she could start up the steps. It seemed almost like the entire school had made out. The cheerleaders (duh), the stoners, the rebels, the fashionistas. Everyone had their own little space, and Ali's was right here with her sister.

Locating an empty section, Ali settled on the edge of the seat, leaning forward to rest her elbows on her legs as she looked around the crowd. It was senior year, and Ali felt like she barely knew any of these people beyond recognizing their faces from a class or two. Ruby had always been her best friend, but lately, Ali could feel their dynamic shifting. It worried her.

Only a few minutes passed before Ali looked over at Ruby. "I'm going to the concession stand. Need anything?" She stood, waiting a beat to hear Ruby's answer before trekking back down the bleachers. Her feet hit the ground and she started towards the stand, wishing she had her hoodie with her to pull the hood up. She'd forgotten it on her bed.

After grabbing a water from the concession stand, she turned back around, but wasn't ready to go back up to Ruby and Lin yet. Instead, she took a detour to the area behind the bleachers, where she pulled a pack of cigarettes out of her bag. Pulling one from the pack, she placed it between her lips and lit it, leaning against one of the banisters while she smoked.

under the bleachers
disinterested
Ruby ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ); Lin ( ditto ditto )
coded by natasha.

coleson harrison
the artist
Cole and his three friends made it into the stadium, the cool night breeze messing with his hair a bit as they tried to figure out where to go. "I vote we go to the top of the stands farthest from the band and cheer squad. I feel like that'll have the most space, you down?" Toni suggested, and Cole shrugged in agreement. "Works for me." He could definitely smoke at the top of the bleachers, too, so he didn't mind the suggestion. Cole obviously didn't really care about the game, but getting out of the house and changing up his environment was supposed to be good for him, right?

"Lead the way." Cole grinned at Nate, who started weaving through the crowd to head for the bleachers. Cole followed, still holding his lit cigarette as he did so. They hit the stands and started towards the very top, where Cole immediately threw his arms over the back and looked around the at darkened parking lot beyond the stadium. "Damn, I'm high."

Grinning a second later at the double meaning of his words, he turned his head towards the others. "Alright, who's got the smoke?" He'd realized too late that he left his own back at the apartment after getting distracted by knocking the ash tray over. Turning to fully face his body towards the stands, his eyes flitted over the people there, landing on a familiar brunette.

She wasn't looking his way but that didn't matter. He'd recognize her anywhere. Ruby Zabielski, sitting with her sister Alizah and Lindsay Kay, who was quite noticeable in his own right. Cole smirked as he sank down into a seat, leaning back against the barrier as he braced his feet on the seats in front of him. Ali got up to head back down the stands, leaving just the other two.

Standing again, Cole glanced over at the others. "Be back." He gave them a half assed wave as he jogged down the steps, sinking into the seat on Ruby's other side-- where Ali had been-- a few seconds later. He leaned forward to flash Lin a grin and a wave before his gaze settled on Ruby. "Evening, ladies." Grinning at his own stupid joke, he glanced out at the field. "Lovely game we're having, am I right?"

on the bleachers
high as a kite
Nico & Ruby ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ); Nate ( Winona Winona ); Toni ( Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 ); Lin ( ditto ditto )
coded by natasha.

HAND OVER HAND

Seb was so conscious of where Chas was sitting, of course he noticed when Chas moved closer, Not that he was complaining at all, because why would he? He wouldn’t say anything, because while he liked Chas flustered, that would probably make him move away and that was the last thing that Seb wanted. So, he stayed quiet while Chas spoke and moved closer, his hand not-so-subtle drifting to rest on the back of Chas’ shoulder.

He had to reach into the corners of her mind to remember who Ritu was, but he was surprised to hear Chas speaking so harshly about Nate. Seb had spoken to him a few times and found him easy to get along with; laidback and non-judgmental. He wouldn’t have guess that him and Chas had any personal issues between them. But he nodded seriously anyway, whether he knew what the history between those two was or not. He blinked as Chas spoke about how important his trust was, but instead of laughing at the serious way he said it, Seb just shrugged, making sure his hand didn’t move too dramatically.

Well, regardless of what happened between you and this Nate kid... I’m honoured to think that you trust me,” he said honestly, hoping it wasn’t presumptuous of him to think that he had Chas’ trust. But after being told about his dad’s mistress and just out of hanging out with Chas, Seb felt like Chas was genuine with him. And it that wasn’t trust, he didn’t know what was. “And I doubt anyone will mess up your future. You’re gonna be unstoppable. You already are.
Sebastian
MOOD: big homo

code by valen t.

Last edited:

Tyler Hampton.

"Huh," Tyler thought to himself. Jada, while only slightly, had closed the little gap that remained between them. He fought a wide, childish smile, but found himself smirking in contentment at the feeling. Part of him wanted to cuss her out for wearing such a large, fur coat, one that left even just a thin space between them. A space he so dearly wanted to close. But the other half was too high on the thought of Jada already so close to him that it didn't even matter. These feelings he'd been experiencing were all too new to him. Through shared glances Tyler could tell they were growing past "childhood friends," and he wasn't sure if best friends was where he wanted to go with Jada. All the times where they were high as a kite in the studio, the late night walks, and even when Jada came over to the beach house with some snacks... He definitely didn't see her as just a friend. But that uncertainty? That she might still see him as the son of her father's business partner, that their whole relationship stemmed from a fancy ball, that he was a brother to her. It was all reason enough for Tyler to force those feelings to the side and just focus on the night.

"Oh, yeah, of course. Food." Tyler answered quickly. He hadn't even realized the fact that he'd zoned out, yet he found himself at the ticket booth. Unlike Jada, Ty hadn't come so prepared with the Student ID card, and rather had to pay full price for the cost. In all honesty he'd have paid for Jada's ticket if she hadn't been so quick to get ahead of him. Tyler dug into his side pocket with his one free hand, and at the sight of the fifty, he smiled at the student vendor before glancing back at those behind them in the line. "Could you cover their tab too? Thanks."

As the two continued forwards and towards the bleachers, Tyler let out a short chuckle as he matched Jada's glance in the direction of the loitering faculty. "If you keep staring they're gonna ask why your eyes are so red." He'd whispered into her ear. As they moved further into the bleachers it was obvious what side of the stadium was for H.A. students, and what side was for L.A. County. The distinction between dark green and black, versus red and yellow had been one Tyler never observed at any other game.

"You want to chill over here?" Tyler asked Jada as they'd finally neared a set of seats up front. The cheerleaders weren't too far away from them, and Tyler was sure he'd been able to make out some of their close friends in the distance. Sort of like a plan B for Jada if she ever got bored of him-- shit, when did he get to insecure?

"After you." Tyler added with a scratch to the back of his head in as gentle manly of a tone as he could manage. Still, as usual it just came out as if he were half-awake, likely also a cause of the lingering effects of his high.

mood anxious, high.

location h.a. bleachers

tag(s) jada, @le reveur ,

mention(s) cheerleaders.

outfit xoxo

coded by weldherwings.

Kordei Grant.

As the moment of silence in the tunnel grew, Kordei's teammates each grew more and more emotional. He could hear some of those loud asses breathing over his neck, questioning the team doctor, or whatever it may be. Kordei managed to only give them the side-eye just because it was the last game for the seniors. Understandable. As for him though? The nerves never got to him. He'd learned to keep himself calm by re-imagining his various flings, and past romances. Just to boost his own confidence. Nothing topped his current girlfriend Amy though, and he could just feel her body so tight against his, like it'd been so many times in his apartment.

Dei was only snapped awake by the interruption of Mr. Boyd letting the team know that the L.A. County players had finally been introduced. It was their turn now, and as usual, Kordei would be leaving the tunnel last. Perks of being the captain, or whatever. It definitely got boring waiting for the 11 starting members of the defense to go ahead, and then the 10 offensive remaining, but finally he heard his name called out loud by the announcer.

"Number 11, Kordei... Grant!"
Kordei definitely remembered the cheers louder than they actually were. As captain he was obviously a key part of that H.A. team, but something inside him just seemed to crave the noise, and amplify it in his head. Dei followed the same ritual he had every game since his injury, and tapped his right knee pad two times. One tap for every surgery it'd taken to fix the damage. He then jogged out under the focused beam of light like his teammates had, before finding himself in the center of the field, helmet tucked under his arms.

As he waited for the referee, and L.A. County captain to join him, Kordei found himself scanning the crowd for any of his friends. Dei let out a short chuckle to himself once his eyes landed on Ritu. She was cute for a sophomore, with way too much moxy. If she were a year or two older, he was sure he'd have messed with her. For now though, she was just fun to tease and get a reaction out of. Dei flicked his chin upwards in her direction, and could make out her speaking but not quite the words coming out. He shrugged, and continued his search. A grin spread out onto his lips at the sight of Amy. The dark jeans did her wonders, with that gray crop too. He brought a hand towards his lips to whistle, but instead felt a cold tap on his shoulder pad. Kordei turned on his heels, and as he always did, called out, "Heads."

The ref nodded, and threw the coin up into the air. This moment was probably the closest thing to being nervous for Kordei. After the loud snap, the ref looked towards the county players with a nod. "Tails, you start on offense."

"Fuck," he thought to himself. With a quick glance at the disappearing ref, and the opposing player just in range, Kordei called out to the man with a loud, "Yo! After the game I'm gon' dress up as 'ya pool boy, and fuck your moms. I promise you that, son." He smirked playfully, and with his free hand, he held up the middle finger towards their opposition. Over time he'd learned the importance of the mind-game when it came to football. He'd even used it as an excuse to sleep with the girlfriends of his competitors-- just to get the extra advantage, that was all.

Kordei jogged over to his own team's bench, and settled himself closest to the coach, as usual. The cheerleaders would be going on before game-start as usual, and so he chose to recline into his spot on the bench, helmet nestled between his cleats. He absolutely hated when the defense started.

"You guys bet' not fuck up. I been missing some real play for this team's practices. Anyways, someone pass me a water. "

mood excited,.

location h.a. football stadium, team bench.

tag(s) everybody

mention(s) ritu Caoimhe_ Caoimhe_ , amy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

outfit game time

coded by weldherwings.

MOOD: go...!...uh...whatever the school animal is...

OUTFIT: click!

basics
MENTIONS:
xxx

INT:
Ali; Cole ( apolla apolla )
Lin ( ditto ditto )
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
RUBY ZABIELSKI
she would rather walk in darkness than in someone else's shadow...
“Oh you’re an icon alright!” Ruby laughed at Lin and made sure his hair was flawless as ever. She herself knew how important it was to maintain the style. After all, her mother was hammering it in her head ever since she was old enough to put her socks on. And that was pretty damn long time ago. Ruby had been hearing that shit for years. No wonder it stuck.

But what got her laughing even more was Lin talking about his ban. Prior events? Oh for sure. If Ruby had a dollar...oh, nevermind. “I heard something similar. They called it a recommendation. It basically meant that I’m not fit to drive myself anywhere. Oh, heeell to the no. Like I’m ever gonna take the bus. Bitch, please. Don’t see what the problem is.” she shrugged and flashed a look at her car. What? She parked, didn’t she?

The worst part was that when Ruby mentioned good seats, there really were none left. When Lin pointed to the basic, absolutely ordinary seats in the middle, Ruby made a face but nodded. “I guess…” she shrugged and let her sister lead the way. The stadium was already full, filled with people with all grades, all cliques. Did really the whole school come? And how rare was it?

Ruby was not exactly filled with the school spirit. Proof? Her bitching about the ugly green for almost two hours. It really wasn’t her color. And what kind of dictatorship was it when they were supposed to wear the school colors? But oh well...senior year, whatever, right? But the question was still on her mind if it would be possible to propose a change of the school colors. Something much cooler. Like...ruby red. Pun intended.

Ali’s question brought Ruby back to reality. She thought for a while, pursing her lips. “Yeah. Can you get me a bottle of water and some gummy bears if they have it? Thank youuuu.” she blew a kiss to Ali and looked around. Ruby had her own circle of friends. Ali was always the bestie but something felt wrong these days. As if they were on at the same level anymore. And on a few occasions, Ruby suggested trying something new and didn’t feel the same enthusiasm from Ali. So something was definitely up. Troubles in paradise or so it would seem.

But again, before Ruby had time to think it through, her thread of thoughts was torn by another presence. What on earth…? Ruby flashed him a look that told him he should get lost but her lips formed one of those charming, even enchanting smiles. “Cole…” she nodded in greeting and exhaled. The game was just starting and Ruby kept wondering what she was gonna do this whole time. She was certainly not interested in the bulky bodies hitting each other in order to get a ball or something. That was the point, wasn’t it?

To Cole’s question, she tilted her head back and groaned. “Pleeeeease, don’t pretend you understand the game.” she spoke in her annoyed tone and returned her gaze at him.

It took a moment of silence between them and Ruby’s few seconds of typing a message. She flashed another meaningful look at Cole so he would check his phone as she texted him and that was all attention she gave him. For now. And the text was simple.

“Meet me behind the bleachers in 20.”

code by valen t.

MOOD: me is an athlete...not

OUTFIT: click!

basics
MENTIONS:
Kordei (@finesse.kid)

INT:
Nate ( Winona Winona )
Toni ( Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 )
Cole ( apolla apolla )
tags
TL;DR xxx
tl;dr
NICO HARPER
he'd rather die than become just another face in the crowd...
Cole was probably out of his fucking mind. The games aren’t that bad? Every time his friends dragged him to one, Nico wanted to melt his eyeballs out of his skull. And the only thing that stopped him was the fact that they always had some snacks with them. Seriously. Games aren’t that bad. Now that was bullshit right there if Nico ever heard some. Someone could smack some sense into that messy head of Cole’s.

And then there was Nate, all happy go lucky ray of fucking sunshine that they were gonna see the whole game. Painful groan left Nico’s throat but he just flashed a look at Nate, letting him know what he thought and didn’t say another word.

Though what Nico agreed with was Toni’s comment about their seats. “I’m with you on that one, brother.” he patted Toni’s back and they all followed Nate through the crowd. Why the hell did everyone drag their asses here tonight? It was supposed to rain and look at these stupidos.

‘Shut up, Nicolas, you’re one of them.’

Yeah okay. Whatever. He was here because Toni asked him to come. And to a friend like Toni, Nico would never say no. He was the single best buddy Nico ever had. Ever. In his whole messed up life. And it wasn’t only about the two of them getting high as a private jet every time they met. No one could understand Nico better than this guy and he did so at many levels. How they met, Nico had no idea. But he was glad they did. Cole and Nate were also good dudes and god knew Nico hung out at their place more than often. But he only had one best friend.

As soon as the small group hit the top of the bleachers, Nico burst out laughing over Cole’s comment. Why was it so funny, he wouldn’t know but he just laughed. They all immediately started to look for their snacks and Nico pulled his flask from the back pocket, taking a healthy swig before handing it over to Toni. “Pass it around, mate.” he nodded and looked around. Cole’s gaze was pinned on one person and Nico looked in that direction. Though what caught his eye was this blonde leaving the small group. She was familiar...why did he...where…? Ah, the damn therapy! She was there!

Nico knew he needed to go and talk to her. But he also knew that first he needed his encouragement. And meanwhile, Cole’s eyes were still staring. “Dude...her? Seriously? Why?” he asked his friend, looking down at Ruby as well. “I mean...whatever gives you a hard on but...by all means.” he lifted his hands in a defensive gesture and watched Cole hurry down to meet the mean girl. Why was the boy doing that to himself?

But his attention was soon caught by the events on the field as the captain of their football team appeared and his name roared from all sides. Nico rolled his eyes so hard upon hearing the name Kordei Grant. Who was he? A freakin’ Tony Romo? And the massive applause that followed made Nico bounce from the railing and look at his group. “Okay, I’m lighting us up. I can’t watch this sober.” he grumbled and a neatly rolled blunt appeared in his hand, traveled up to his lips and with a quick flicker over his lighter, he brought the piece to life, inhaling a ling heavy hit.

code by valen t.

@oh_kay_buddy_
filler
MOOD || curious
filler
OUTFIT || sweater-shorts combo
filler
LOCATION || parking lot outside of the ticket gate
filler
INTERACTIONS || _amaranth_ _amaranth_ (ruby) apolla apolla (ali, cole)
filler
MENTIONS || geminiy geminiy (charlie) Winona Winona (ash)

Lin followed behind Ali. His phone kept buzzing in his pocket. Damn, either his Twitter was blowing up again or his mom was trying to get ahold of him. He didn't really care about either, but the prospect of it being someone responding to his Instagram post about game night made him whip out his phone quickly.

Love were the words that he first read, and he snickered to himself as he wrote that he wanted love but didn't want the effort.

The responses were quick to it.

While tapping on the screen, he lowered himself onto the bleachers and answered Ali. He spoke in a low mutter, which Ali definitely couldn't hear, because he sucked at multi-tasking. "Hey, Ali, grab me some candy and some hot dogs and some nachos and some chips and some..."

His voice trailed off as his eyes scanned the screen, and he waved his hand dismissively, as if to tell Ali "forget about it, actually". He was too enveloped in the Twitter conversation, and he chuckled every so often, a grin spreading across and staying on his face.

A date. Charlie was saying that she was going to find him a date.

...and that quickly turned into "not before Ash helps us both find each other a date", which quickly turned into "a day of involuntary servitude for whoever ends up dating whoever's date first to the person who the person set them up with". Complicated, convoluted, and exactly what Lin wanted.

His grin remained on his face as he looked up, focusing back on the task at hand, and his eyes focused on the approaching figure of Cole.

"Hey, man!" he called, waving back at him, and he chuckled at Cole's little joke. (Lin was in a good mood tonight, you know? Got a whole date, which he'd not had since first grade, and a competition set up that he was sure to win. Had he not been, this might have made him a little bit mad.)

Lin looked out at the field as Cole and Ruby spoke, and he squinted for a second. "Shit, has the game already started?" He really needed to pay more attention. He, nearly frantically, scrambled to grab his yellow pad out from his paper, and almost immediately, he began to talk to no one in particular about the mistakes that the players were making-- even as the players did nothing in-between plays.

Even so, wearing at the back of his mind was the gnawing question of who his date would be. Sure, the fair was a bit from now, but...

And thus, every time his phone buzzed, the usually very-dedicated-to-his-tasks Lin would get very distracted from his task of heckling the players without them hearing, and he would look at his phone and respond to whatever was going on on Twitter.
code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

Last edited:
MOOD: marry me!

OUTFIT: green

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
natsukashii natsukashii (Hunter)
jasmyn jasmyn (Evelyn)
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Chase)
tags
TL;DR i already forgot what i wrote
tl;dr
Veronica Crosby
Ronnie's life was complete. Hunter really was all hers. And he said she looked "nice"! She had no problem continuing her one-sided gabbing about the trivial matters plaguing her life, basking in the beautiful chemistry the two of them had. Hunter's solemn, thoughtful silence spoke volumes about his deep character.

She barely noticed Evie and Chase approach them until a comment was made about how much better Ronnie could be doing. That was an obvious lie. How could she do any better when she was with the most attractive and popular guy in school. Well, not too popular, otherwise he'd lose the "bad boy" charm Ronnie was so attracted to. Although she did enjoy the compliment to her appearance.

It didn't even matter if Hunter hadn't even given her a passing glance since Evie had arrived. As soon as he drew her closer to him, she was done for. Things were going too well, almost too good to be true. But, as always, Ronnie was none the wiser. "Oh, relax, Evie! We're just having fun." The shock of being so close to her crush was enough completely bend her to his will as she was mesmerized by the sound of his voice. It didn't even matter how genuine he sounded or not. Ronnie was sold.

"You and Chase should stay with us," Ronnie offered, resting her head on Hunter's shoulder. "It could be like a double date!" she dared to add, proud of her temporary boldness. Had she gone too far? Hunter seemed to be into it. Although he'd barely spoken a word to Ronnie herself, instead opting to chat very openly with Evie as soon as she arrived. We he nervous, perhaps? Was he so into Ronnie he was afraid to say something wrong and lose her? Oh, Hunter. I'm all yours!
code by valen t.

MOOD: "guess i'm gay now"

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
tags
TL;DR ok
tl;dr
Chas Marino
Okay, however straight he was, Chas was totally into whatever Seb was doing. He may be an expert at lying to himself, but there was no denying how good it felt when Seb placed his hand on his shoulder. Ugh. If anyone saw them the way they were, there was no way he could vehemently refute his feelings as he did online.

He felt utterly defeated. They had only been together a few minutes and maintaining his casual, totally straight act had mentally drained him. He let out a soft, yet dramatic sigh and leaned the weight of his body onto Seb. Thanks to their height difference, Chas' head was practically resting against his upper arm. But even that insecurity was the least of his worries. It wasn't a big worry, since Chas is never worried. Yes, in fact, he's doing perfectly fine. Well, it wasn't a total lie. Chas was oddly more comfortable and more on-edge than he'd been in ages, thanks to Seb. He would be more annoyed with the concoction of emotions his friend was inducing within him if he wasn't already drained, for reasons previously stated.

Seb's encouraging words only irritated him more. He would normally snap at Seb for acting weird, but, for the first time, he just didn't want to fight him on it. He couldn't even refute the idea that he trusted the tall boy more than most others. He wouldn't confirm it, however, as Chas actually admitting something like that would be completely out of character. No one would believe him if he said something so sincere. "Why are you being so nice to me?" he asked flatly, looking up into the starless sky, "You're supposed to, like, yell at me or ask me for cash or something by now." His voice was almost a mutter, devoid of his universally despised sharp, mocking tone. He tore his eyes away from the sky and instead looked up to Seb. "I don't understand you at all."

code by valen t.

HAND OVER HAND

If Seb wasn’t shocked when Chas moved closer before, he certainly was now. He may be fairly oblivious to Chas’ feelings - because really, he was hard to figure out - but this was far from platonic. As far as Seb knew, Chas was straight, but he wasn’t going to let assumptions keep him from something potentially really good. And if this was just a taste of it, then he wanted the whole thing

Feeling encouraged by Chas’ own movements, Seb hooked his arm fully around Chas’ neck, not even bothering with looking platonic anymore. If someone saw them, he’d say whatever Chas wanted him to, but for now, he’d let himself have this. Seb knew that he and Chas hadn’t known each other that long, but he was pretty sure he could pick up on Chas’ mood, at least a little bit. And right now, Chas seemed way more relaxed with Seb than he did with his other friends. Or, at least, relaxed in a different way. But a good different way. Point is, Seb was sure that Chas enjoyed his company.

His heart broke a little when Chas asked why Seb was being so nice to him. Sure, Chas could be... a little bit hard to stand, sometimes, but he was still just a person. “I like you,” he told Chas honestly, letting him interpret it how he wanted. “Just you. Not your money or... your reputation. You, as a person.” He looked around them, frowning a bit at all the other students. He didn’t want to talk to Chas like this where everyone could hear. “Listen, wanna go... somewhere a bit more private? Just, like, under the bleachers or something.” Were the bleachers a main make-out spot at the school? Absolutely. Did that influence Seb’s suggestion at all? No comment.
Sebastian
MOOD: approaching dangerous levels of gay

code by valen t.

Adriane was hardly even paying attention to whatever Ritu was saying. Seriously -- did that girl ever stop talking? She took another sip of her coffee, still only partially listening. Something about that Kordei guy. A smile graced her lips for the briefest of seconds at that. Yeah, she could see Kordei paying attention to Ritu. The other girl was... pretty, she guessed. Certainly not Adriane's type.

And then she heard the Nate comment and now Adriane was focused. The exhausted look that had colored her features fell away and she straightened up, blinking a couple times before she started to open her mouth to speak, but Chas was already standing up to leave. All Adriane could do was watch him stand up and go to get a water... in the wrong direction. Her eyebrows crinkled together for a moment because that was weird, but whatever. He was obviously just upset. Or maybe he saw someone that he thought could take his mind off of Nate.

She set her coffee down on the bleacher beside her and then turned to glare at Ritu. And this time, Adriane really was glaring. Her eyebrows had creased together, her jaw was set -- all things that she tried not to do because she didn't want to cause early wrinkles. But some things totally called for facial expression and she couldn't control the anger in her.

"Ritu, you know we have one rule." Adriane spat. "Do not mention Nate around him. Do not mention anything that could make him think of Nathan Woods." With her initial anger out, her expression softened and she picked her coffee back up and wrapped her cold fingers around the warm cup. "You don't know what happened, and I don't even know all of it. Just that it was bad and it's still a sore spot... okay? Just please, be more careful about it."

Her final words were more whispered than anything else, and although she wasn't angry now, she still couldn't bring herself to calm down and return to her melancholy status. Instead, Adriane pushed herself to her feet and started down the bleachers before looking back at Ritu expectantly, one eyebrow raised. "I'm going to walk around a bit. Want to come with?"
Adriane
INTERACTIONS: Ritu

MENTIONS: Chas

TAGS: hery hery Caoimhe_ Caoimhe_
code by valen t.

Genevieve Johannes

That morning had been a busy one filled with fittings and meetings for her next show. Gen had gone alone to the studio, as she usually did, but found herself feeling somewhat guilty for leaving Elias at home by himself. Something was wrong with him, something that he wasn’t telling Gen. No matter how much Gen pried and snooped around, there was no revelation, only one mopey twin brother.

There was something about the hustle and bustle of the studio that brought a sort of calm over Gen as soon as she waltzed through the glass doors. As soon as she was whisked from the front room and through the doors to the main studio, it felt that the troubles in her life were too whisked away. When in the studio, Gen was simply Gen. She had a job to do and only herself to impress. Her worries left at the door and ambition fuelling her, she found herself becoming a different person in front of the lens: just the way she liked it.

The morning passed in a blur of measuring tapes, silky fabrics, and the flashing of studio lights. One lunch meeting and long drive later, Gen pulled into the driveway of the Johannes family home. Two dry spots marred the dark pavement darked from the earlier drizzle of rain though Eli’s car remained parked in the driveway. Pulling her car to a halt, Gen hopped out and made her way inside.

“Honey, I’m home!” Gen called out, removing her black coat and hanging it neatly in the front hall closet. Silence responded to her voice, the house quiet except for the soft hum of music coming from the kitchen. “Hello?”

Walking through the foyer and through the kitchen doors, Gen jumped at the sight of her twin scrolling mindlessly through his phone while he worked away at a bowl of cereal. He hardly looked up as Gen entered the room, microbladed eyebrow raised in confusion.

“El?” she prodded as she watched Elias. Finally, he looked up from his phone and offered a weak smile to Gen.

“Hey sis.” He responded, the happiness in his voice clearly forced. As Gen’s face contorted in further confusion, Eli returned his gaze to stirring a few spare pieces of cereal around in the milk. “How was the meeting?”

“It was good.” Gen continued, staring daggers into her brother. “It was mostly measurements and fittings. I took a few sample shots too, they’re thinking of putting me with this other girl for pair shots. So they introduced us and things seemed great until she started talking like she was better than me. But I took the high ground and got to shooting. So then this stupid bitch totally just-- are you good? El, hey!”

Eli’s eyes snapped up from the bowl though they had lost their lustre. Excuses fell from his lips but Gen remained unconvinced. She pushed, trying to get him to spill, but remained unsuccessful.
“I’m just tired, Gen. It’s been busy with dance and cheer practice, I’ll be fine.”

Elias pushed past Gen and out of the kitchen without another word, a cold air settling into the kitchen at the snapping tone of his words. Alone in the kitchen, Gen looked around. Was this some sort of joke? In all their lives, the two rarely fought. Eli was so gentle by nature that the bitter sting to his voice caught Gen by surprise. She stood in the kitchen listening to him rustle around in his room before jogging down the stairs and exiting the front door without another sound.

“Fucking rude!” Gen exclaimed to herself, crossing her arms over her chest.

Without much left to do, Gen crashed on the couch scrolling mindlessly through Twitter, bathing in the immense amount of drama and stupidity in their words. She enjoyed most of the people at the school but those she didn’t? They must have invented a brand new flavour of idiotic. It wasn’t until Evie texted and asked if she had to go to the game that Gen was reminded that she had the obligation to go to the stupid homecoming game to support Ash and one moody Elias.

‘If I’m going, you have to come too. I can’t be bored alone Eves’

Getting ready, Gen embarked on her journey to the stadium. Was she going to be late? Definitely. But did she care? Absolutely not. Her day had been long enough as it was without Eli’s attitude, now she definitely didn’t want to go. But she needed to support Ash and Eli, even if she was pissed at 50% of the party.

Pulling into the parking lot, Gen found herself a spot and made her way into the stadium, checking her phone as she searched for Evie. She found her friend with Ronnie, and, ugh, Hunter. Of course that pompous prick had to be there with little nieve Ronnie giving him all the attention his little ego could ever want, Chase joining the group.

As Gen approached, she heard Evie mention something about Ronnie being too good for Hunter which, of course, he simply ate up.

“Oh she’s definitely sure,” Gen butted in, flicking a long strand of curly hair over her shoulder. “I think I stepped on some gum on the way in here though? You two would be perfect for each other, I think it’s cool mint flavour!”

Gen carefully navigated the bleachers, gracefully taking her seat on the other side of Evie.

“Hello Chase, looking intrigued as always. And Evelyn, radiant as always, digging the purple babes. So uh, I hate to break up this, um, double date?” Realizing what had just come out of her own mouth, Gen looked over to Ronnie. “Why did you call this a ‘double date’? Its literally you, a gay man, Hunter, and Evie. Who the hell is dating who in this scenario? Ronnie, sweetheart, you’re not seriously still licking Hunter’s boots, are you?”

bleachers

mood

confused, amused

outfit

babes

tags

eves jasmyn jasmyn hunter (ugh) natsukashii natsukashii poor innocent ronnie hery hery clearly interested chase LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki
coded by natasha.

Elias Johannes

“Thank you Ash. I forgot how much I missed cheer over the summer, I got so busy with dance that I forgot this is fun too.” Eli spoke with a smile. For the first time in weeks, he felt okay. Nowhere near good, but simply okay. And as far as he was concerned, that was good enough for him.

Taking the bottle of water from Ash, Eli took down a swig as Aria’s voice rang from behind him. A heavy sigh that he had been attempting to contain escaped his lips as he carefully screwed the cap back onto the bottle. Nose scrunching in embarrassment at his near rudeness, he placed the bottle gently down beside him as he lowered his other arm from around Ash’s shoulders.

He had barely had time to breathe before Nickie hit him with a total bombshell. Before he had time to even process the question before Mimi was piping up, pushing him to answer the question. Who would he have brought to the game? A pang of sadness ripped through his core. Were they asking who he could have brought or who he really would have wanted to bring? He wanted Charlie there wearing a stupid amount of school colours cheering him on from the front rows of the bleachers. He wanted to sneak away during his breaks to give her a quick kiss before returning to be a harbinger of school spirit. But that wasn’t going to happen. Hell, he didn’t even know if she had come. Eli had bought her ticket, after all.

“I, uh, well, see, I uh…” Eli stammered, the deep blush starting furiously at the tips of his ears and crawling across his plush cheeks to the bridge of his nose. “I don’t really have my mind on anyone. Not that you all aren’t lovely of course. I just, uh, don’t really like anyone. I probably would have dragged Gen and Ash. Or I would have come on my own and hung out with friends. Like I know Ken is here, maybe her?”

Saving him from further humiliation, Trevor’s face appeared in his vision. He watched as he walked past the group and then backed up, clearly attempting to play off his interest. It was painful, genuinely painful, to see him and Ash together. Not because Eli wanted Ash or anything, that would be so disgusting on many levels. But because of their nearly constant flirting and then immediate denial. To Eli, it was sort of cute, but he simply couldn’t understand why they didn’t just confess and move on? Perhaps they wanted to save their friendship. Eli knew nothing about that, clearly.

“Good evening, Trevor.” Eli chuckled softly as Trevor blatantly ignored the rest of the group, his focus purely on Ash. Eli shook his head slightly as he moved over to make space between Ash and him. Deciding to check out his phone, which had previously been blowing up during his interview for most eligible bachelor, Eli suddenly burst out laughing. “Um, Trevor, did you hit someone’s car? Or is everyone kidding?”

bleachers

mood

aight

outfit

cheer uniform

tags

ash Winona Winona nickie & trevor ditto ditto mimi natsukashii natsukashii
coded by natasha.

OUTFIT: xoxo
basics

nate Winona Winona
kordei fin fin
amy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

mentions
interactions
Evelyn Sinclaire
eighteen ~ senior ~ hetero ~ plastics; fashion
Evelyn couldn't help the smirk that tugged at her lips as she messed with Hunter. Maybe she didn't want him hitting on her but she sure did enjoy toying with him. Besides, what she said was true. It was clear Hunter had no real feelings for the girl and she could do better. If Evie was being honest, which she had no plans of doing out loud, Hunter wasn't so bad. He could actually be decent if he hadn't gotten his 'training' from Kordei and Chas for godsakes. She rolled her eyes as he snaked an arm around Ronnie in a poor attempt to what? Make her jealous.

Before she could say anything a familiar voice chimed in and she turned to face him. "Oh, thank god. I was starting to think you weren't gonna show," she said simply. Chase Taylor was honestly her saving grace in any situation. The pair were thick as thieves and she liked it that way. He was the brother she never had after all. Her gaze cut back to Hunter and she couldn't help but let out a laugh. "You wish I'd give you the time of day. Unfortunately for you, I'm definitely out of your league," Evie purred, leaning in just enough to screw with Hunter but not enough to be too close. Just as she pushed off on the bleachers back to her original pose, Gen approached them.

Leave it to Gen to walk right up mid-conversation and jump right in with the compliments, insults, and blunt commentary all in one motion. "You look quite bewitching yourself, luv," she replied, her eyes giving her friend the once over for a moment. She was going to throw another comment Hunter's way but the sound of the announcers calling out the team names boomed through the stadium. She couldn't help but zone out at the sound of his name being called. Replaying in her head like a fucking broken radio. Kordei Grant. Damn it. Her eyes betrayed her, traveling down to the field as he ran out. God, why did she even still feel this way?

Evelyn managed to pull herself away and promptly popped up from the bleachers. "Can we find better seats? I've already spent way too much time in the daycare area and I'm not really fond of children," she said, looking back over to Chase and Gen. "Let's sit up high somewhere. I think Nate is up in the corner," she said, knowing her friends would probably give her shit for the suggestion. Honestly, she just wanted to get further away from the damn field. If she had to see Amy and Dei share glances up close she was going to puke. She had worn purple to stand out but now part of her was rethinking the choice and she hated second-guessing herself.
code by valen t.

She was glad when the attention was pulled from her as far as some kind of date went and even let out a deep sigh that Ash hadn't realized she was holding. Until, you know, she heard Nickie turn the question to Eli. Then, her eyes widened and she started to panic a little bit because this was not the time or place for this kind of conversation.

And to add to it? Mimi was hopping over and also asking which just... didn't help anything. All of the calm that Ash had felt for a moment dissipated and her smile faltered and fell away as she looked between the girls and Eli. She was a little worried about how he would react, and her gaze stayed steadily on him while he offered a good response. At least he was able to handle this smoothly and then once again, she exhaled slowly because at least he didn't... Look, Ash wasn't sure what happened, but she had been worried about Eli freaking out or something and her having to try and comfort him. She was horrible at that.

She was so focused on the conversation at hand and, in moments that stressed her out, Ash could only focus on one topic. Everything else melted away or turned to static, so she didn't notice Trevor walking past, only to backpedal. She did, of course, notice him when he walked over to her and the other cheerleaders.

Ash was a bit oblivious, so she didn't even notice that he ignored the other cheerleaders. Instead, she was glad to have some kind of distraction from the cheerleaders and their relationship talks. She glanced over at Eli as he scooted away from her before taking in a deep breath and pushing herself up from the bleachers so that she was standing in front of Trevor.

Her arms crossed over her stomach again -- as she tended to do when in said cheer outfit, and a small smile played across her lips. "Not really a coincidence seeing as how I'm... a cheerleader and you knew this, but sure." Look, it was fun to tease him at least a little bit. Trevor may have thought he was smooth, but he was about as smooth as sand paper and she was pretty sure she wasn't the only one that knew this.

Ash shrugged at his next question. "Just cheer," she said and then, it clicked with her what this boy was wearing and Ash couldn't help but let out a little laugh, one hand coming over her mouth because laughing at people for wearing green suits was obviously rude. However, Ash did take a step back to get a better look at him and she couldn't stop her smile from widening. "Oh my god, Trevor, what are you wearing? You look like the Jolly Green Giant."

She glanced back over her shoulder when Eli spoke up. "Seriously?" She said and again, her eyes turned to Trevor and she couldn't help but laugh again. "Oh my god. You can't just go hitting people's cars, Trev."
Ash
INTERACTIONS: Nickie, Eli, Trevor

MENTIONS: Mimi

TAGS: ditto ditto geminiy geminiy natsukashii natsukashii
code by valen t.

MOOD: we'll call this uh... a happy crisis?

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
tags
TL;DR hoo boy
tl;dr
Chas Marino
Chas relaxed a bit more as Seb moved his arm further around his neck in a rather confident fashion. It felt more natural than before, likely due to Chas' lowered guard. The prospect of being found by literally anyone was still very apparent, but being by Seb's side had put him just a bit more at ease. Man, I should do this more often... Even if what he was doing was risky and strange, Seb was just so... comfortable. Chas was perfectly content with sitting in the exact position he was in for hours more.

Seb's words made his heart sink. That wasn't the right answer, by a long shot. Chas didn't want to be more perplexed than he already was, yet nothing Seb was saying made sense. What scared him the most was that he didn't know what kind of person was being referred to when Seb disregarded his money and status. What would be left? Some angry little kid that wanted to prove he was worth something when all of his intrinsic value came from his last name? How could it be his fault he was raised to be the best and nothing short of it? How else could he prove it if no one listened to him? He had been taught from a young age that money and fame was the image of success, so naturally he used it. And made everyone aware of it. Otherwise, he'd by passed by like all the other commoners. And his worst fear was being forgotten. Irrelevant. A failure. Being hated by all of his peers was merely an exasperating side effect. He knew enough about Hollywood to know the most vile, unpleasant characters made the biggest mark. It's the bad guys that go down in history and are praised for their "excellent writing and portrayal of blah, blah, blah." The good guys? Well, they're really all the same after tens of thousands of triumphant hero's journeys.

But then there was Seb. Was everything Chas had worked for (and not worked for) to define his unbreaking, talented, charismatic (okay, maybe charismatic is an exaggeration) persona nothing to him? It badly shook Chas knowing there was a possibility Seb had seen past his act all along. He could only hope he was giving the boy more credit than he deserved, but Chas was not a taker of risks. And this whole thing? One big risk. Every second of hesitation and every rapid heartbeat only further pushed him out of his comfort zone, screaming something was very different about this guy's demeanor. And the worst part was, despite all of this, Chas was more happy than he had been in a long time.

So badly, Chas wanted to shout at Seb to "Be offended! You're supposed to hate me, god dammit! I'm cruel, and I say the most demeaning things, and-" But he couldn't bring himself to. He couldn't help it. Without knowing it, Seb had given him the release he'd been needing to receive from someone for years. Even if just for a moment, Chas truly felt like himself. He was accepted, no matter how undeserving he was of a moment of happiness.

Calmly, and without making a huge deal that Seb was totally inviting him to a make-out spot, Chas nodded. He had barely snapped out of his thoughts after staring blankly at Seb's face for a noticeably long amount of time. As free as he felt in that moment, somewhere more discreet would be so much better, for the sake of avoiding drama. Really, Chas avoiding drama? I know, right? Whatever Seb's feelings were for Chas (and there was obviously something, Chas could always recognize someone else's admiration), this was fine. He was okay, and no matter how new this was to him, he trusted Seb not to totally make things weird. "Yeah, let's go."

code by valen t.

HAND OVER HAND

Almost as soon as Chas had verbally agreed, Seb was standing. Not wanting to totally relinquish his hold on Chas, he reached out and grabbed gently onto his sleeve, almost holding his hand but not quite. He didn’t want to push Chas too far, too quickly, but he wanted to make his interest as obvious as possible without being creepy.

He pulled Chas down past everyone on the bleachers, making sure to avoid Adriane and Ritu, and then he made sure no one was under them before he slipped into the quiet space. He reluctantly let go of Chas’ sleeve, but didn’t leave too much space between them as he leaned against the back of the bleachers. He watched Chas for a bit with a small smile before looking down at his feet, a little nervously.

You know... I wasn’t even gonna come, to the game,” he admitted. “Like, genuinely, I got really close to just staying home.” He paused for a moment, deciding to be a little bit courageous, and looked Chas in the face. “And then I saw this hoodie in my closet and I... I knew that if I got to hang out with you, then it was worth it. Worth going.” Maybe it was too honest, and maybe Chas would run and hide, but if there was a chance that he wouldn’t, Seb was willing to risk it.
Sebastian
MOOD: risking it for the biscuit

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: boys don't cry

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
tags
TL;DR uwu
tl;dr
Chas Marino
Chas had the most neutral, unemotional expression on his face, only slightly reacting to his sleeve being grabbed by Seb. His options were either cold and indifferent or on the verge of breaking down for his outward appearance, too thrown off his game to pull off a convincing "normal Chas face."

He looked over his shoulder every so often as the two of them made their way down, fearful of running into someone he knew. It was already suspicious enough how Chas had let Seb tug on his sleeve, knowing it was more in his nature to slap his hand away and accuse him of dirtying the suit jacket with his oily fingers. Other than that, they shouldn't have really stood out too much, which, for the first time, Chas was grateful for.

He stood in front of Seb as they reached the secret spot, looking up to ensure he was out of the line of sight of those sitting at the very top of the bleachers, although it was hard to tell what section was obscured. He watched the boy's head start to hang and look downward. Is he nervous too? He smiled, comforted by the idea that he wasn't the only one a little confused right then.

His smile slowly faded as soon as Seb opened his mouth. As serious as he was being, the inner pushy student council president in him was fully prepared to scold him for his lack of school spirit. After all, the crowd had to be huge to make the game look much more interesting than it truly was. Only Chas could find a way to spice up football with his methodical logistics and stunningly green stadium adornments. "You were gonna miss the game?" he lamented, disappointed. He had rarely seen this side of Seb; the raw emotion in his voice was palpable.

Then, it hit him. That same feeling struck his chest again as soon as Seb mentioned the hoodie. It almost hurt Chas how much Seb was looking forward to seeing him. Even Adriane, his best friend, would never make an admission like that in such a manner. Wherever this was going was completely uncharted territory.

"Why? Why me..?" He shook his head slowly, fighting to suppress the water stinging his eyes. "Like I said, I'm the asshole. Guys like you don't have to deal with my shit." He jerked his head to the side as a stray tear dripped down his cheek. "There's no reason for you to stick around. So why? Why are you making me so happy?" His voice cracked on "happy", causing his cheeks to flush red. He began to tremble softly, tensing up as a last-ditch effort to quell his rampant emotions. "I mean it. All I am is a source of stress."

code by valen t.

alizah zabielski
the singer
At least here under the bleachers she'd be protected from the rain. Ali really wasn't too worried about getting caught in the rain; she actually really liked rain. But her thoughts were heavily concentrated on the impending weather for some reason. Maybe because she was more excited about it than the game that sounded like it'd just started? She glanced up, and from what she could see through the bleachers, there were now players on the field. How exciting.

With an exaggerated eye roll, she brought the cigarette back up to her lips to inhale again, glancing around at the few others who'd gathered under here. There were a few people making out, some smoking cigarettes like her or even pot, and even a group of card players nearby. Her vision lingered on them as she tried to make out the game, but to no avail.

What had Ruby asked her to get? Lin, thankfully, had seemed to wave off his own request. Not that she'd really been able to hear him anyway, with how he was talking into his phone screen the entire time. But Ruby had wanted... damn it, Ali really needed to pay attention next time. But therapy earlier in the day had really left her mind fried, as it normally did.

Think about this, how does this make you feel that. Ugh. It was just too much. Ali wasn't even sure if it was worth it to keep going. Maybe she only went now because it was something to do. Something that got her out of her home... but was that really great to begin with? Damn it, why hadn't she brought her headphones? Now she had to listen to the game. Maybe Ruby had some.

Well she might butter her sister up with a snack. Ali couldn't remember for the life of her what Ruby had said she wanted, but she grabbed two waters and some gummy worms from the concession stand before making her way back up the steps to where her sister sat with Lin and now Cole. Quirking a brow at them, she didn't say anything, just moved to sit behind them, handing Ruby a water and the candy. "Do you have headphones?"

bleachers
disinterested
Ruby ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ); Lin ( ditto ditto )
coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back