• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here

mood

EW LOVE

[redacted]

outfit

theme song

tags

mentions: dei, chas, seb
interacting: nic Kio.exe Kio.exe

so pull me closer, and kiss me hard

Aw, jealous. Chewing on his lip, he glanced between Dei and Nic. On one hand, he was extremely cold and the time to cross from his seat to the the other side would make him a human popsicle. On the other, Nic looked sad, and Ellie had brought both of them here to be happy and good. It was to relieve the stress and heartache that was ingrained so tightly into their chests, not add to it. The sight of Ellie and Dei together surely added some sort of annoyance to his little boyfriend, as evident of the "nonchalant" pose that Nic took. Oh dear, how would this kid ever figure out that wasting energy on crushes was simply not worth it? Ellie had learned his lesson, perhaps it was time that Nic did as well.

"Is my Nic baby feeling a bit isolated?" Ellie pouted, holding his hand close to his chest as he shuffled over to the other side of the booth. He was already standing, so he might as well take advantage of his upright position and move over to comfort a sad child. "Better not be catching feelings. Baby, I'm not even here, I'm an illusion." A chuckle rose out from his chest at the TikTok reference, bumping the sour boy over so he may claim his seat. The fact that his reference didn't really make sense in the context was perhaps more characteristic of how quick the substances were affecting him than the emptying flask.

Burrowing his hands in Nic's pockets, Ellie noticed his hands were more frigid tonight than usual. He had the shitty extremity circulation thanks to his parents, but tonight they were like a corpse's. Perhaps it was the damage done to his hand that was letting the chill in faster than normal. The gauze that he tied around his finger was spotting on both sides, a reminder to himself that he'd need to change it soon or else there would be blood on some gorgeous clothes. Reluctantly the hand from the warm abyss that was the denim lining of the jacket, he tilted Nic's face gently towards his and planted a soft little kiss on fall-frosted lips. There were more things that the two of them could do to up their body temperatures, but for the sake of Dei there was no need to do those now.

"Is my baby all better now?" Ellie hummed, deep brown irises matching Nic's own gaze. He sincerely hoped the other wasn't thinking about stupid things like love where Ellie was concerned. Love was a pile of fucking lies that only served to hurt people; exhibit A: his mother, exhibit B: Chas. Nic was too good to feel the pain of heartbreak, too much of an angel to experience the directionless, dejected emotions that tore up Ellie's heart and mind. Chas could very well fuck himself, but it didn't seem like he would have go through that disgusting mess since he had pretty little Seb on his arm. A flash of hurt glowered behind Ellie's eyes, a rare emotion that surfaced for a second before disappearing where it came. Nic didn't need to pity him tonight. There was no time for mourning over something that simply was in Ellie's head.

nine lives

MOOD: fuck. fuck.

OUTFIT: XoXo

basics
MENTIONS:
N/a
INT:
Ellie ( toucant toucant )
tags
TL;DR Nic is conflicted lol.
tl;dr
Nic Thompson
Fuck. I want to go home.

Nic was unable to keep a small smile off of his face as Ellie approached him. “Catch feelings? Me? I could never,” Nic said, making an effort to keep his voice from faltering. “Who do you think I am, hmm Ellie babe?” He added, scooting over as Ellie sat beside him and shoved his hands into Nic’s coat pockets. He placed his own hands over Ellie’s frowning at how cold they were.

“Ellie baby, you’re like ice,” Nic said, even as he was cut off by a kiss from Ellie, gentle and sweet. His face heated, and for a moment Nic let himself revel in the small show of affection, his grey-blue eyes slipping shut. Before he knew it, however, it was over and Ellie pulled away, leaving Nic feeling empty. He ignored Ellie’s comment, simply taking his ice-cold hands in his own and holding them reverently, like one would hold a baby bird. As he took in every line of his closest friend’s face, he sighed, his breath hitting Ellie’s cheek. He looked sad, and it hurt Nic to see it. He would do anything--anything--to make sure he never looked like that again. And for some reason that terrified him.

It went beyond mere friendship, what they had. It certainly wasn’t romantic, at least not on Ellie’s part. To be honest, Nic hadn’t a clue what it was. And that was fine, wasn’t it? Yes, he decided, it is. All fine and dandy. Pushing the thoughts from his mind, Nic wrapped his arms around Ellie before resting his head against Ellie’s smooth neck, his fingers stroking idle circles on warm skin. He was content to merely sit in silence for a few moments, before speaking again, his voice rumbling against the crook of Ellie’s neck.

“What’s wrong, love? Hmmm?” Nic purred, planting a kiss on Ellie’s collarbone. “What can I do to make you feel better?”

Not to mention that Nic’s gut was currently churning, with nerves and a bad reaction to whatever food he had eaten today. Not to mention that the last place Nic wanted to be was here, where the only two people who had made him truly happy in years were hung up on other people. It was fine. This was Ellie’s time. Weren’t these sort of thoughts supposed to be sorted in the car? Fuck.

Fuck.

“What do you need, Ellie baby?”

code by valen t.

MOOD: it's high time

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Chase)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Javier Cervantes
Javi rolled his eyes back at Chase. This brat took playing hard to get to a whole new level. Threesomes are out of many people's comfort zones and that was fine, yet it still felt like the boy was rejecting every advance and suggestion he could from an increasingly frustrated Javi. He took a beat to compose himself and think of a new game plan before he went off on Chase in public. "Yeah? And? Didn't peg you as a hater of threesomes, Chasey." He couldn't help but smile in amusement as the word "peg" came out of his dirty mouth. "You want me all to yourself, huh? That it?"

Javier took another drag off of his blunt and leaned his head down in preparation to shotgun smoke into Chase's mouth, however the dark-haired boy was two steps ahead of him. He defeatedly exhaled the smoke once Chase forcefully turned his head to the side, then chortled so as to not appear too disappointed. "Can't believe you've already figured out all my tricks. What do I do now?"

Chase was feisty and likely unpleasant for many to be around, but he wasn't stupid. He acted as though he'd seen it all. Sure, he'd snap at Javier at the drop of a hat, but his sporadic fury never lasted long. The whole thing seemed to be routine to him, as though Javi was nothing special. And he wasn't, but the two of them could at least pretend to tolerate one another on a fuck buddy date. Javi, at the very least, was extremely aware of this difference. Javi played games; he treated his hookups like he'd treat a boyfriend or girlfriend just to distract from the fact that the whole thing was just a preface to an inevitable hookup later in the night. He was openly forward, but at least he tried to be a little charming. Chase didn't seem to be trying, as though he couldn't be bothered to play make believe of something more for just a night. What's the fun in that?

"Alright, you win. I'll save Ellie and Nic for another time," Javi conceded as the two of them trekked further into the fairgrounds. They probably looked like a couple from afar, Javi's arm pulling Chase tightly beside him while he went on speaking, turning to face his date every so often to emphasize certain words. "You've got me for the night. I'll treat you to anything..." The crude boy gradually lowered the arm previously dangling across Chase's shoulders down to his backside and grabbed it, then pulled his arm back up to hold the boy in. "...so long as you're handing out treats too."

That last puff seemed to do the trick. Javi's sobriety was beginning to slip away. His body felt heavier, but his mind was light and airy, as though he'd thrown out all of the mental clutter in his brain. Yeah... the night was looking to be alright. Damn, I'm hungry as fuuuuck... "Where to, my man?"
code by valen t.

MOOD: mild inconveniences sure are scary

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Seb)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Chas Marino
"The only dust I see is in the portion of your mind that decided challenging me is a good idea," Chas retorted, "Now get a move on, speed demon." The feeling of Seb's fingers intertwined with his own felt unnaturally natural, so much that Chas hardly noticed it. The extra grip on his hand made it easier for Chas to yank Seb, so perhaps the taller boy was onto something after all.

He tuned out the rest of what Seb was saying, his mind completely focused on reaching their destination as quickly as he could. He continued speed-walking until Seb tugged on his shoulder, causing him to halt and turn and face his boyfriend. He glared up at the boy expectantly, outraged about the lack of commitment Seb seemed to be putting into adhering the itinerary. "What now, Seb? What is it that's so important it's worth throwing all of the plans I made into the shitter? We don't have the time for this."

Chas furrowed his brows and his eyes darted to the side as a visible confusion crept across his face. "What...? Yeah, the itinerary." He dug through the pocket he'd last used to store the sticky note, instantly being struck by a severe panic when he realized the paper had vanished. He desperately checked his other pockets, to no avail. "What the hell, Seb? What did you do with my itinerary? Why didn't you tell me something happened earlier?"

This was the worst possible outcome for this scenario. What would the two of them do now? Without a plan, they'd end up wandering around and just doing... whatever. Like some inefficient, unorganized trash couple. He bit his lip and peered past Seb, scanning the area they'd just came from for a tiny, yellow slip of paper. They'd been walking for minutes. And it was crowded. Recovering the stupid itinerary would just take an even larger bit of time out of the date Chas had been looking forward to all week.

He dropped his head into his hands miserably, then threw his head back and groaned melodramatically. "God damn it, Seb, it's ruined. The plan's gone and the night's fucking ruined," he whimpered, ready to throw a fit over how much the night was not going his way, "This is stupid. What are we supposed to do now?" He had no idea where to go from there without an idea of what he was supposed to do. Do I just take him home? The night had been meticulously planned by Chas for days in order to hit all of the important fair attractions, even allowing for allotted times for affection.

Chas had very little control of his emotions as is, so making things up as they went was almost completely out of the question. Winging dates was most definitely not one of Chas' areas of expertise. What would Seb say after witnessing such a blatant failure on Chas' part? He'd entrusted the entire plan for the night to him and he blew it, all because he couldn't watch his pockets. The stupid pockets designed by stupid Ellie, who was now being snappy with Chas for reasons he refused to divulge over Twitter of all places. Nothing was going right, all on a night that was supposed to be enjoyable. Without all of this control, how could Chas ever impress Seb? He didn't have it in him to just go with the flow. And this environment was definitely not ideal for formulating Chas and Seb Fair Date Itinerary 2020 #2. Chas didn't even feel like going on the godforsaken giant twisty swing ride now.

code by valen t.
[/border][/border]

Last edited:

- Location.
Chicken dinner w/red chairs
- Tags.
Ellie ( toucant toucant ), Nic ( Kio.exe Kio.exe ), Kordei ( fin fin ), Eli (Mentioned)
-Outfit.
Looking Good

Amy should've just walked without ever looking at her phone, but of course she didn't and of course twitter wars were never ending and getting under everyone's skin including her own. The more that went on the more she wondered if this was a good idea or not. She wondered if maybe Ellie would forgive her for dipping out and maybe waiting till things had calmed down, or even until Kordei got sidetracked by someone in a short skirt. Of course as luck would have it that wasn't the case as she heard her name being called.

Of course he was now standing up and waving at her calling her name out. She had been excusing all his behavior under that fact he was highly under the influence, and even though there was nothing wrong with what he was doing right now, it did make it impossible for her to leave. Nope this decision was now locked in. She did notice that he had made an attempt to block Kordei from her view, probably due to earlier conversations. It was a kind gesture and she appreciated it, but the damage had been done. All she wanted now was to give him his cake, tell him to be safe, and get out of this place. She wanted to be as far from Kordei Grant as she could be. Funny how before they were dating she never ran into him, but now she can't even purposefully keep away.

A small smile curled onto her lips as she walked up to the good. She placed the funnel cake on the table as if she were a waitress, "One funnel cake special delivery." She chimed in the most cheery tone she could muster. She looked real quick at Nic and offered a wave to say hello. She hadn't been close to him since he was knew, but she knew Charlie and Ash had and thinks to twitter that was rough this morning. She had faith they'd work things out. Charlie maybe stubborn and confrontational, but she wasn't irrational. He looked more then just under the influence, he looked...tired. Not just the sleepy kind. She wondered if she really should message Lucky or Charlie. But he seemed like he was in no position to move to leave, so she'd hold off for now.

She faced back to Ellie, "I'm a woman of my word Ellie, I promised." She smiled softly before wrapping her arms around him in a warm hug, "Just promise to stay safe, ok? You've got people who care about you." She looked over at Nic a moment, "Both of you do." She pulled back slowly, "So no more joking about possibly getting hurt. It makes us worry." She hummed hoping they knew this wasn't meant to be a lecture or an attack, but just a friend checking in and letting them know they are both cared for no matter what drama happens on social media.

She had originally intended on staying a bit longer, but that would mean having to stick around Kordei, and even with Ellie's earlier offer for him to leave...Amy couldn't bring herself to accept. Kordei was his friend, and even she wasn't unaware of Kordei's lost popularity among a lot of the student body due to what happened between them. He deserved to be able to keep what friends were standing by him. She wasn't heartless after all.

"Enjoy the cake, let me know if you need anything else, and DM me when you make it home if I don't see you later, so we can plan that hang out sometime. I kinda had to ditch my date Eli to be here, so I should go find him." She giggled before waving and turning to walk away. Was she wrong for not addressing or talking to Kordei? Maybe? Did she care right now? Nope. He was with his friends, and she needed to get back to hers, so what was there to talk about?
Amethyst K. Jones
coded by incandescent

Amy should've just walked without ever looking at her phone, but of course she didn't and of course twitter wars were never ending and getting under everyone's skin including her own. The more that went on the more she wondered if this was a good idea or not. She wondered if maybe Ellie would forgive her for dipping out and maybe waiting till things had calmed down, or even until Kordei got sidetracked by someone in a short skirt. Of course as luck would have it that wasn't the case as she heard her name being called.

Of course he was now standing up and waving at her calling her name out. She had been excusing all his behavior under that fact he was highly under the influence, and even though there was nothing wrong with what he was doing right now, it did make it impossible for her to leave. Nope this decision was now locked in. She did notice that he had made an attempt to block Kordei from her view, probably due to earlier conversations. It was a kind gesture and she appreciated it, but the damage had been done. All she wanted now was to give him his cake, tell him to be safe, and get out of this place. She wanted to be as far from Kordei Grant as she could be. Funny how before they were dating she never ran into him, but now she can't even purposefully keep away.

A small smile curled onto her lips as she walked up to the good. She placed the funnel cake on the table, "One funnel cake special delivery." She chimed in the most cheery tone she could muster. She looked real quick at Nic and offered a wave to say hello. She hadn't been close to him since he was knew, but she knew Charlie and Ash had and thinks to twitter that was rough this morning. She had faith they'd work things out. Charlie maybe stubborn and confrontational, but she wasn't irrational. He looked more then just under the influence, he looked...tired. Not just the sleepy kind. She wondered if she really should message Lucky or Charlie. But he seemed like he was in no position to move to leave, so she'd hold off for now.

She faced back to Ellie, "I'm a woman of my word Ellie, I promised." She smiled softly before wrapping her arms around him in a warm hug, "Just promise to stay safe, ok? You've got people who care about you." She looked over at Nic a moment, "Both of you do." She pulled back slowly, "So no more joking about possibly getting hurt. It makes us worry." She hummed hoping they knew this wasn't meant to be a lecture or an attack, but just a friend checking in and letting them know they are both cared for no matter what drama happens on social media.

She had originally intended on staying a bit longer, but that would mean having to stick around Kordei, and even with Ellie's earlier offer for him to leave...Amy couldn't bring herself to accept. Kordei was his friend, and even she wasn't unaware of Kordei's lost popularity among a lot of the student body due to what happened between them. He deserved to be able to keep what friends were standing by him. She wasn't heartless after all.

"Enjoy the cake, and DM me when you make it home if I don't see you later, so we can plan that hang out sometime. I kinda had to ditch my date Eli to be here, so I should go find him." She giggled before waving and turning to walk away. Was she wrong for not addressing or talking to Kordei? Maybe? Did she care right now? Nope. He was with his friends, and she needed to get back to hers, so what was there to talk about?

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillersdlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillderfillerfilr
... trevor callaghan ...
MOOD

getting there.

fairgrounds

TAGS

ash Winona Winona (charlie mentioned geminiy geminiy )

Trevor liked the way Ash talked, which was a bit weird, whannit? How often did one sit back and hear someone talking and just think I like their voice? I like the way that their vocal cords are formed, and I like the way that they push air through their throat and shape their lips? I like the way that, even when they’re nervous, their voice always sits on the edge of laughter? I like their inflection, I like their pauses, I like their stammering— I just like their voice?

Feck. Was he was overthinking things again? He was allowed to like her voice. He definitely was.

Why did he feel so embarrassed of that thought, though?

Oh, right. Feelings. That implied feelings.

Which he had.

Why was that so acute? Why couldn’t he even listen to her talk without being reminded that he liked her deeper than a friend liked her?

Her ideas about writing were interesting, though. One couldn’t force romance, one couldn’t force chemistry…but the characters did have chemistry, just not the ones that he wanted to. It was odd; they seemed like they wouldn’t. They were total opposites: Gene, the stoner— stoic, at first in the background of scenes— seemed to have more chemistry with Darla, the female lead, who was all flowers and sunshine, despite masking a dark past and her crippling inability to make decisions. They seemed like total opposites, but they worked better than she and the current love interest— the bus driver. Odd, right? He’d had it set, from the beginning, that Darla and Mick were going to get together in the end. They had a vast array of problems, embodied by characters, and they had a ton of parallels drawn between one another. When he’d sat down to write the final scene, though, he felt nothing.

Instead, Gene, the damn background character, with his three sentences, worked better with the main fecking character than the other main character did. He’d been reconsidering rewriting it— just leaving Gene out entirely— but getting rid of him wouldn’t solve the problem of Darla and Mick just…not vibing. Plus, that seemed a bit cruel— getting rid of a character just because he felt something for a character who he’d written destined to be with another person. (Listen, he could sympathize with his own characters. That was a thing.)

Could he rewrite it like Ash was suggesting? That would take…some—

Wait.

Oh, he had ideas.

Quickly, he looked for a piece of paper, and, when he couldn’t find one, he pulled, from his pocket, the cheaply-made pen that he always kept on his person and began to jot his ideas on the side of his cup as he listened to Ash speak, moving his lips vaguely as he scribbled illegibly.

He would know what he meant.

Once he was done, he sat his cup down, shoving the pen into his pocket.

His brain was working.

Now he was inspired.

How odd…

The conversation lull gave him a quick moment to collect his thoughts, repeating them over and over again, looking at them until he had them shoved into his memory.

His eyes went to Ash’s face.

Was she going to talk some more?

He didn’t know what to say. All of his ideas swirling around made it quite obvious that the only thing that would come from his mouth would be pretentious, nonsensical ramblings.

In the silence, he felt his ideas grow stunted.

What was she going to say…?

What…?

He was fading back into the current moment.

Feck, this was…

Tense.

When she opened her mouth, he expected the conversation to begin to flow again.

"Did you tell Charlie?"

He felt his heart drop.

"Like, about Homecoming or anything? I just... can't figure out why she would set this up. Or..."

Shite.

Shite. She—

She wasn’t bringing that up again.

She was.

She…

He didn’t want to think of it again.

Not that it was a bad memory, or even that he hadn’t—

Listen.

It was better to forget.

He told himself that.

He’d been telling himself that all week.

Why was she bringing it up?

"Never mind. Forget it." She gave a pained-looking smile.

Friday. Friday. Homecoming.

Makeout session on his couch that surely would have led to more if his damn grandmother hadn’t called and cockblocked him.

What if they had gone further? What then?

Would they still be in the same position today?

“Charlie…,” he repeated awkwardly. “I…”

He…

Had he told her—

SHITE.

He had.

Monday. Their whole talk to me once Ash is gone.

He had told her.

He’d pushed it from his fecking memory.

It hurt to say, I made out with Ash, got cockblocked, and realized that I had feelings for her.

“Listen, I…ah…”

Lips. Skin. Breath. Body heat.

He felt his face heat up.

“I…uh…”

I have feelings for you. I want to be more than friends.

“Ya…”

He couldn’t say that. He couldn’t say that.

Fuck! Things had been going so well. They’d walked around that pothole this whole time— driven around it easily. That damn pothole that kept opening up thanks to him running into it. That pothole that he had thrown a tarp over and told himself that he’d fill with cement but didn’t have the balls too.

And now, it was opening up more and threatening to swallow him.

He set his eyes on Ash’s. “Ash,” he said, his accent bringing out the h as it always did. “Darlin’, I…homecomin’. We’ve…talked about this. You ’n I…’n…I…why would…” He shook his head. “Charlie…thinks that…we…should be an item— I don’t feckin’ know.” He laughed slightly. “It’s…ah…”

I’m going to kill her for making me go on this date.

He brought his drink up to his lips so that he had another moment where he did not have to speak, and when he lowered his drink, he forced a grin.

I like you.

He could drop that right now. Swallow his pride.

I like you. That’s why Charlie set us up.

But that conversation with Nate— he knew, in the end, that he’d ruin it all with her. if he told her, and Ash had feelings for him— which she had said that she hadn’t, but even if— what then? Did they drop being friends? Did they start dating? Did they go back to being what they had just established what they were— just friends— this time with the added baggage of knowing that they longed for one another?

Mutually assured destruction. That was what this felt like.

There was no way that he could confess. Not now, not ever.

But…

Even if it messed everything up…

At least that damn pothole would stop bugging them.

If he told her, then…

Then they could go back to ignoring each other, too. If she didn’t like him. Or if she did. That would be better.

He didn’t fecking know, okay?! He didn’t know, and that was the worst of it. There was nothing else that gave him more of a panic-induced headache than not knowing what the hell to do.

He had been silent for too long, and now the air had grown heavy with words that he didn’t have the guts to say.

It was tense. Someone needed to bring a pair of scissors.

“Uh…good chocolate. Very good. Wonder what they put in it…,” he said, trying to break the silence. “Ya think it’s the instant stuff that they…ah…just cupped and started sellin’ fer prices that are too high?”

This was so damn awkward.

He was making it worse.

He should just…

Come out and say it.

But not yet.

Maybe not ever.

He just…

Couldn’t.

“Would that be considered fraud?”

Fecking great conversationalist he was.

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

fillerfillerfillflleierlerssdsdfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfilrfillerllerfillerfillfilr
... nickie abrams ...
MOOD

still coming for people needlessly

fairgrounds

TAGS

adriane Winona Winona (too many people mentioned)

Nickie scrunched up her nose at the mention of Ellie. She didn’t know the kid very well, but what she did know was that she didn’t really like him. As she gnawed off another piece of her pretzel just as ungracefully as she had the times before. “Ellie thinks that he’s hot shit just because he hangs around with people who are a lot cooler than him.” The pot calling the kettle black, but she digressed. “Like, ‘I have less talent in my whole body than my friends do in their entire bodies, but I’m still going to pretend like I own the fucking world. It’s pathetic. That’s what it is. Omigod…”

She chomped off a piece of her pretzel, noticing that she was nearly done with it with a soft sigh through her nose. “Omigod, Javi. He acts like he’s a lot hotter than he actually is. So entitled. Like, your dick is not holy manna. Plus, if you’ve stuck it in Chase, no thank you. His legs are a fucking Waffle House— open 24/7, through wind, rain, shine, flashy sign out from that screams that he’s a whore, come and get it.” She rolled her eyes. “And ew, that Kane guy…I was going to come for him, but I’m pretty sure that he has the mental and emotional capacity of a three-month-old, and I’m not one for bullying infants.”

She huffed another sigh, looking over at Adriane. “And another thing— did he seriously ditch to go drink Monday? Like, do we need to stage an intervention? Alcoholism, hurray.” She shook her head. “Him and Jordie are friends…what the hell is going on with Jordie and JJ? Something def is, right? Like, they’re hooking up or something? Oh, wait, maybe that’s not even really a question with JJ— you mention her name and a guy and she’s hooking up with them.” She laughed. “Sluttiness— a trait so many of us here have, huh? Ash, Evie, Gen, Gus, Nate, Mike, Nic, Ellie, Chase, that Lucky freak, Saint, Dei, Liv— omigod, Liv.”

She took another chunk out of her pretzel. “Liv is such a fucking creep. Monday, at lunch? I went out to the football field to go run some. You know, because I look to keep in shape? And there she was, and she kept…like, checking me out? Like, what the fuck, are you an eighty-year-old man? With your creepiness, you act like it. And then when I asked to see what she was writing, she showed me this note that said Mrs. Livianna Abrams— like, I get that you’re obsessed with me, but back the fuck off. And then— and then she hit me up too ask me if I was okay. Like, yeah, I’m fine, but it’s also none of your business. Butt the eff out.”

She rolled her eyes, crumbling a bit of her pretzel wrapper. “Speaking of creeps, that Oliver incel? Did you see what he was saying on Twitter? Like, I get that you have a dick the size of a dust mite, but there’s no need to be such a pretentious misogynist. Curb your patriarchal standards, little bitch.” She scoffed, crunching her pretzel. “Honestly, I don’t even understand why I keep Twitter. It’s always either that weird wormy Lin guy and the girl who’s always up his ass— Charlie?”

She liked Charlie.

Then again, she’d beaten Chas’ ass.

So she kinda deserved this.

“She and that freak ass virgin— I’m sure that she’s only with him because no one else can stand her. She’s such a sensitive little bitch. You know how she got all upset over people calling her Saint Charlie Friday? Like, dubba-u-tee-eff? That’s literally not even that bad. Whatever. If she’s happy getting her face eaten off by that Lin guy, more power to her. One of us has to sacrifice ourselves and swipe his v-card.” She laughed. “He made out with some seniors on a bet freshman year. Slobbered all over their faces. Puked on a dude’s lap. Passed out. It was fucking hilarious. Like, pitiful. And then he bragged about how good he was. Liiiiiike...what, ell-oh-ell?”

MOOD: JJ.

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS: Adriane, Gen, Jordan Winona Winona fin fin geminiy geminiy

INT: Ava
tags
TL;DR Jules is forcing Ava to destroy a child.
tl;dr
Juliette
Is it ever gonna change, am I gonna feel this way forever?

A genuine laugh escaped the brunette at the thought of her hanging out with Jordan and his little friends. "Dear god no. Gen has been a major bitch lately, like... super major. Jordan told her about us and now she's on some kind of jealous-spree now. I don't know." Everything Ava said made sense, and her words had only made Juliette scoff, averting her gaze from the redhead. She didn't want her to be right and that's what bothered her. Jules smoothed out Ava's jacket near the sleeves. "It's fine. It's just gonna be us tonight, I'll watch you waste your money on rigged games and eat some gross oily food." See, Juliette wanted to talk about Jordan. She needed someone to vent to, to explain what bothered her and why-- but Ava was only gonna point out the things she didn't want to hear.

JJ didn't want to tell her that she felt used, because Ava would simply agree and then rag on about all the other guys that had used her in the past. There was no escaping the 'I told you so.' While she trusted Ava, the slightly older girl had the tendency to be blunt. And JJ didn't want blunt. She just wanted... to be comforted? Hell, she didn't know. She hated feeling so... soft. It's not like Juliette was heartbroken or anything, it was just a shit situation she had to figure out.

Either Jordan made a move to do something, or... Juliette cut them off altogether... maybe. She had started walking towards the attractions with Ava in toll. "I think he does care though, maybe he's just afraid to ask me out. Maybe because of Adriane? Or Gen?" See, now she was just throwing out every other possibility in order to ignore the actual reason why. Jordan could care less about Jules, even if it felt different when she was with him, when he'd tried so hard to make her smile-- or even ask about her day.

A boy who was using a girl for her body wouldn't ask about her day.

Right?

Something had hit the edge of her heel, she looked down to see one of those basketballs that came from those overly difficult games, the next thing she knew, a kid had bumped into her, barely glancing at her before grabbing the basketball and running back towards the carnival game, not even bothering to mutter a sorry. "Watch where your going you little bi--" The brunette glanced around and decided to close her mouth. She really didn't want to get into an argument with some middle aged woman who thought beige was the new black.

"I hate children. If I ever become a mother, remind me to leave the house and forget to turn the oven off." Okay, remember that little blurb where JJ was a little more than irritable this past week? A child was not the exception here. Everything and everyone was beginning to piss her off and there was no way some kid was going to bypass her wrath.

"Oh! Look, Ava he's going straight for one of those water games." Before Ava could even reply, Juliette was dragging her by hand and throwing money on the counter. She didn't even pay for herself, she paid for the only girl capable of beating a sweaty eight year old. Jules had pushed Lonnie towards the seat-- gently, even if everyone was getting on her nerves this week-- she wasn't about to hurt Ava because of it.

She wasn't cruel.

The last person joined the water race, and the countdown had just started to begin. Throwing an evil glare towards the bowl-cut, coconut head, demon of a child. Jules had leaned over and whispered in Ava's ear.

"Okay, now stomp on his little heart and win that bear."
code by valen t.

AFFLUENZA

This was just... so weird. Chase was so not used to this level of PDA and he didn’t know what to do with himself. It was still Javi, of course, with his stupid nicknames and groping and shameless flirting. And Chase wasn’t naive, nor some lovesick fool. He was well aware that after this ‘date’, Javi would be fucking someone else tomorrow, and that was fine.

I don’t hate threesomes,” he said defensively, and then wondered why he was nothing to defend himself over something so stupid. “They’re just not my thing, okay?” It was hard to tell, with Chase, but he was kind of insecure. Okay, maybe not actually hard to tell, but anyway - having sex with two people, so that there was every possibility that they’d have more fun with each other than they did with him? That sounded like a nightmare.

He was actually really surprised at Javi’s concession, but he wasn’t going to argue. He allowed himself to be pulled into his date, pretending like he was just letting Javi do whatever, when they both knew that or Chase didn’t like this, he’d have stopped it by now. He jumped when Javi grabbed his ass, face going red as he glared at the other boy, “Javi!” He hissed scoldingly.

As Javi’s arm moved back to his shoulder, Chase hesitantly reached up to grab the hand which dangled over his shoulder and chest, effectively pulling them even closer together. He told himself that it was just to make sure Javi wouldn’t grope him again, but the excuse was weak, even to himself.

I don’t mind,” he told Javi honestly. “As long as we go on the ferris wheel. Me and my old friend used to...” he trailed off, reminding himself that this was just a fuckbuddy date, and Javi didn’t actually want to get to know him. “Do this thing,” he finished lamely.
Chase
MOOD: guess i’ll be nice now

OUTFIT: x

INTERACTIONS: hery hery

code by valen t.

Last edited:

kordei

MOOD: sincere, simp-y.
OUTFIT: xoxo
TAGS: nic Kio.exe Kio.exe , amy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 , ellie toucant toucant
Kordei grinned throughout the interaction unfolding between Nic and Ellie. While he was far from a homewrecker-- okay maybe something close like a homespoiler, Dei didn't harbour any particularly negative feelings towards Nic. He just enjoyed the annoyance that Dei and Ellie brought Nic. Like a twisted form of entertainment.

Kordei had to admit that Nic was handling the situation far better than he would have. Dei had little restraint when it came to those he adored, exhibit a had to be the less than civil interaction that'd occurred between himself and Nate. Dei was rash, and expressive with his emotions, whereas Nic did his best to bottle it up.Still, whether he liked it or not, what Nic was feeling was written all over his face, and sewn into the tone of his voice.

Throughout the show though, Dei did nothing more than mindlessly consume his container of fries, and brush through Ellie's hair with his fingers. As much as Ellie might've wanted to hide it, this was more than obviously a couple fight. An entertaining back and forth, but a couple fight nonetheless.

"Hey-" Kordei yelped when suddenly the coarse texture of Ellie's hair had disappeared from beneath his finger tips. Just as smoothly as he'd set down onto his lap, Ellie had upped and left for Nic. What a corny end to their little diner love story, Dei growled to himself. He knew it was only a matter of time before Ellie had to migrate over to Nic though. He was a third-wheel on their unofficial date and he couldn't help but question why Ellie had called him over to this thing in the first place.

"You too deserve each other." Dei whined playfully. His eyes lingered over Ellie and Nic, spurring subtle flashes of his memories with both Amy and Evie. Whatever, Dei quickly shook away the thought, quickly replacing it with a fry to his mouth, and glancing over at his Instagram as he bid away time.

It was only the beginning of the fair, and things were bound to get interesting. Hopefully Ellie and Nic had it in them to wait until he was gone to stick their tongues down each others' throats. He knew they definitely wanted to.

Speak of the motherfuckin' devil, Dei thought as he looked up to a feminine voice joining the group.

The smooth, dark olive skin. Deep obsidian hair. Full pink lips he knew were gently to the touch only because he'd once been the one kissing them. He'd assumed Amy was going to be at the fair, damn near the entire school went to these things. But Dei wasn't expecting to catch sight of his ex-girlfriend so soon.

Kordei's eyes thinned down on Evie, and then to the funnel cake she'd brought over for Ellie. God, did Ellie miss the memo or some shit? He wondered, and gave Ellie a less-than-secretive look of confusion. The scene was one that was more than uncomfortable, even for Kordei's standards. Not only had things with Amy gone to shit, he'd further fucked those things up when he contacted her on Twitter. Dei's jaw flexed, eyes never leaving Amy's figure as he anticipated what her words to him would be. Maybe some snide remark about his music, or a witty quip about him third-wheeling. But by the time Amy had finished, she'd said absolutely...

Nothing...

To him. Dei choked on nothing, the double-take had him leaning back into his seat with full exaggeration. He glanced over at Ellie, and Nic with looks reading, "Y'all seeing this?", before turning his sights back to Amy.

"Hi Kordei." He mocked with a wave of the hand. "Fuck you Kordei." He added with the middle finger. "Good or bad, I was expecting somethin', Ames." Kordei's voice was filled with disappointment. She'd been more than bold online but couldn't even say anything to him in person? There was nothing Kordei hated more than people who only argued through the screen, and fuck, did he hate that Amy had reduced herself to that.

Dei pushed himself forward, and out of the booth. At full height, he was a couple inches taller than Amy, a height ratio that'd made them a picturesque couple. Dei shrugged, sliding his ring-adorn fingers into his back pockets as he looked down at Amy with sincerity in his eyes. As much as the initial stun had brought out the explosive side of him, Dei had been meaning to get on Amy's good side since their shit-show of a Twitter interaction. He needed her on this track, and this might just be that opportunity.

"You got enough time to come all the way over here and deliver homie some funnel cakes. Think you got a minute for us to catch up?"

It was an odd feeling for Kordei, making himself vulnerable to rejection like that. Giving Amy the option of getting into this conversation or not, especially in front of Nic and Ellie.

"Let me buy you somethin' for breakfast. We in a diner after all. Whatchu' say 'bout our own booth?" Dei added through gritted teeth. God, was he trying, but could she hurry up? He was clowning himself in front of Ellie and Nic-- they were seeing a side of him he hated putting on display.

code by low fidelity.

Kordei grinned throughout the interaction unfolding between Nic and Ellie. While he was far from a homewrecker-- okay maybe something close like a homespoiler, Dei didn't harbour any particularly negative feelings towards Nic. He just enjoyed the annoyance that Dei and Ellie brought Nic. Like a twisted form of entertainment.

Kordei had to admit that Nic was handling the situation far better than he would have. Dei had little restraint when it came to those he adored, exhibit a had to be the less than civil interaction that'd occurred between himself and Nate. Dei was rash, and expressive with his emotions, whereas Nic did his best to bottle it up.Still, whether he liked it or not, what Nic was feeling was written all over his face, and sewn into the tone of his voice.

Throughout the show though, Dei did nothing more than mindlessly consume his container of fries, and brush through Ellie's hair with his fingers. As much as Ellie might've wanted to hide it, this was more than obviously a couple fight. An entertaining back and forth, but a couple fight nonetheless.

"Hey-" Kordei yelped when suddenly the coarse texture of Ellie's hair had disappeared from beneath his finger tips. Just as smoothly as he'd set down onto his lap, Ellie had upped and left for Nic. What a corny end to their little diner love story, Dei growled to himself. He knew it was only a matter of time before Ellie had to migrate over to Nic though. He was a third-wheel on their unofficial date and he couldn't help but question why Ellie had called him over to this thing in the first place.

"You too deserve each other." Dei whined playfully. His eyes lingered over Ellie and Nic, spurring subtle flashes of his memories with both Amy and Evie. Whatever, Dei quickly shook away the thought, quickly replacing it with a fry to his mouth, and glancing over at his Instagram as he bid away time.

It was only the beginning of the fair, and things were bound to get interesting. Hopefully Ellie and Nic had it in them to wait until he was gone to stick their tongues down each others' throats. He knew they definitely wanted to.

Speak of the motherfuckin' devil, Dei thought as he looked up to a feminine voice joining the group.

The smooth, dark olive skin. Deep obsidian hair. Full pink lips he knew were gently to the touch only because he'd once been the one kissing them. He'd assumed Amy was going to be at the fair, damn near the entire school went to these things. But Dei wasn't expecting to catch sight of his ex-girlfriend so soon.

Kordei's eyes thinned down on Evie, and then to the funnel cake she'd brought over for Ellie. God, did Ellie miss the memo or some shit? He wondered, and gave Ellie a less-than-secretive look of confusion. The scene was one that was more than uncomfortable, even for Kordei's standards. Not only had things with Amy gone to shit, he'd further fucked those things up when he contacted her on Twitter. Dei's jaw flexed, eyes never leaving Amy's figure as he anticipated what her words to him would be. Maybe some snide remark about his music, or a witty quip about him third-wheeling. But by the time Amy had finished, she'd said absolutely...

Nothing...

To him. Dei choked on nothing, the double-take had him leaning back into his seat with full exaggeration. He glanced over at Ellie, and Nic with looks reading, "Y'all seeing this?", before turning his sights back to Amy.

"Hi Kordei." He mocked with a wave of the hand. "Fuck you Kordei." He added with the middle finger. "Good or bad, I was expecting somethin', Ames." Kordei's voice was filled with disappointment. She'd been more than bold online but couldn't even say anything to him in person? There was nothing Kordei hated more than people who only argued through the screen, and fuck, did he hate that Amy had reduced herself to that.

Dei pushed himself forward, and out of the booth. At full height, he was a couple inches taller than Amy, a height ratio that'd made them a picturesque couple. Dei shrugged, sliding his ring-adorn fingers into his back pockets as he looked down at Amy with sincerity in his eyes. As much as the initial stun had brought out the explosive side of him, Dei had been meaning to get on Amy's good side since their shit-show of a Twitter interaction. He needed her on this track, and this might just be that opportunity.

"You got enough time to come all the way over here and deliver homie some funnel cakes. Think you got a minute for us to catch up?"

It was an odd feeling for Kordei, making himself vulnerable to rejection like that. Giving Amy the option of getting into this conversation or not, especially in front of Nic and Ellie.

"Let me buy you somethin' for breakfast. We in a diner after all. Whatchu' say 'bout our own booth?" Dei added through gritted teeth. God, was he trying, but could she hurry up? He was clowning himself in front of Ellie and Nic-- they were seeing a side of him he hated putting on display.

MOOD: Ready to have FUN

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
Nobody, yet?
tags
TL;DR Liv's a litttleeee high, and on the hunt for some excitement.
tl;dr
Livanna
My sleep is gonna be affected, If I keep it up like a lovesick crack head

Livanna twiddled her thumbs. Her apartment was empty.

Oh so very empty.

She was bored, alone, and had nobody to call. Everyone was out at the fair, talking, laughing, playing games, riding rides, banging in the fun house. And here she was on her couch scrolling through twitter bored as can be. "Liv, oh Liv. Whatever are you gonna do with yourself?" An eyebrow rose, suddenly getting an idea but it faded as quickly as losing the slightest high. It wasn't any fun to do alone. Even if she used other means.

Although... there was plenty of other ways to entertain herself.

Nickie had given a few ideas for the showcase, she could easily do a cover of something-- so that meant, she didn't have to do anything. She was basically safe for the showcase, no more stressing about it! At least for now. Now, Liv can kick back, and relax-- but not actually kicking back and relaxing because fuck that. She reached for the tiny plastic bag on the coffee table, taking out the two circular pills and barely hesitating before downing both with the glass of water on the table.

She sighed, glancing around the empty house.

Why was it such a good idea to live alone? Livie should've put out one of those flyers all those people went crazy about. It was a nice place too. Glass windows all around, a big living room, flat screen tv, two bedrooms, a spacey kitchen that was there for nobody. Liv wasn't a cook, at least... not a good one. There was a handful of dishes she knew how to make and none of those seemed appealing to her. Not that she'd be very interested in eating anyway. Especially after these past few months. Was it the drugs? Was that something that lowered your appetite? Who knows.

If everyone was at the fair. Why not go? Even if nobody wanted to go with her in the first place. Maybe she could bump into someone? Bother the night away and charm her way into their little hearts. After taking a whole five minutes to get ready, Liv was out the door.
--
An Uber ride, a plastic baggie wedged into her bra, and Liv looking as fabulous as ever. She was ready to own this fair. Play some games, play with some people, play with whatever she could get her hands on.

Y'know, the works.

Now, just needed to find someone to entertain her.
code by valen t.

HAND OVER HAND

Seb followed Chas uselessly as he walked to the scene of the incident, knowing full-well that the sticky note with their itinerary on it was long gone. Seb did feel really genuinely bad that all Chas’ hard work had been thrown away in a matter of seconds. He didn’t feel guilty, but he knew that Chas had some... obsessive compulsive tendencies, so of course it would bother him to have to wing the date.

Hey, no, it’s not ruined,” Seb protested, feeling his heart break a little at how defeated Chas sounded. “I’m happy as long as we’re together.” He took a few steps closer to Chas and took both his hands, holding them against his chest. “Look, think of what you want to do. Not what you think I want to do. What you think will be fun.

Realising a few suggestions might be helpful, Seb smiled at Chas and continued, “We could do a fair game and I could win you a stuffed animal. Or I can buy you some cotton candy. I know you have the money,” he added quickly, knowing Chas would take offence to any suggestions that he wasn’t, well, rich. “But it’s symbolic. A boyfriend thing. Or we can go on a ride. Whatever you want, Chas.
Sebastian
MOOD: comfort mode activated

OUTFIT: thx tou

INTERACTIONS: hery hery

code by valen t.

Last edited:

- Location.
Dinner
- Tags.
Ellie ( toucant toucant ), Kordei ( fin fin )
-Outfit.
Looking Good

What the hell did Kordei want from her? It was like he'd made it his life's mission to try and get under her skin to tick her off. Did he enjoy her rage? Was he so desperate for conversation that he was willing to get it any way possible, and the easiest way was to piss her off? So what if she tried to do him and Ellie a favor and not start a scene in a public diner at a well known school event! For someone so interested in talking "business" to her, he sure wasn't being very business savvy right now. This was the kinda stuff tabloids lived for, the kind of dumb shit you want to see on reality tv shows with washed up actors, not up and comers who have a reputation to build and secure. What was wrong with him? But fine he wanted a response, a reaction, so damn bad he could have it.

She rolled her eyes before looking his way once he was done with his little tantrum, "Sorry, not sorry, for consistently disappointing you." And she could tell by his tone he was disappointed. What for? Fuck if she knew? It's not like he didn't know she wasn't a confrontational person. She hadn't started any of their arguments because she didn't contact him. She turned towards him and spoke clearly, firmly, but not loudly. There was no need for anyone outside of their little group to hear their conversation. "To be friendly would be a lie, so no I wasn't gonna smile and wave hello to you. But I wasn't about to try and start a fight with you in the middle of a dinner for no reason when you are with your friends, especially since Ellie already made it clear he'd prefer not to have fighting between his friends. So my bad Kordei for being civil and trying to do him that favor. I'll remember next time, you love drama too much for that. Can't just come and go in peace." She huffed and turned back to Ellie, "I'm here for Ellie why would you have expected anything from me anyways?"

Last she checked not ONCE had she ever initiated conversation between them since the break-up, so really, why did he think that was going to change now? Because they fought in her DM's? Because even that was her responding, not starting anything. He complained last time that she took everything as him battling her then proceeded to start the conversation irrationally upset that she didn't want to speak to him, as if that's not a normal response for someone who was cheated on! Like what was wrong with him? Was he insane? Did he legitimately think she wanted anything to do with him after that? Or did he really believe that simply because he was Kordei Grant of course she'd have to want to interact and be near him still despite it all. While his confidence was one of his more attractive, traits, when it dipped into narssisicm it was irritating.

Of course he stood up and walked over to her, god damn it. She couldn't help but turn her attention back to him with him being so close. Apparently he didn't believe in personal space, because of course someone who didn't even want to say hello to you of course would prefer you get up and stand right next to them. His social skills needed work. Like regular social skills not flirting, or charming producers, and recruiters, and the like. But normal everyday social skills with people his own age.

She looked up at him and of course got stuck on his eyes. Ugh she hated the look in his eyes. They actually looked sincere...or rather what she believed to be sincere. She wasn't quite sure anymore what anything meant to him. Clearly he'd been able to lie to her face and look like he'd meant every word of it before. What's the difference now? She hated that she couldn't trust him, couldn't believe him, or in him right now. She'd once basically held him up on a pedestal with how much faith she had in him, but one night really had ruined all that. Then came the offer. She knew it was bound to happen, but after his outburst, she hadn't expected it to be within the next few moments of it. She wondered if he looked as bi-polar to his friends as he did to her right now, or any others conveniently listening in or watching the scene unfold.

To be fair she didn't actually think of him as bipolar, she knew he was just caught off guard, just like she was upon entering. They just both have different types of initial reactions to that sort of thing. They were opposites in that regard. While Amy was the type to crawl inside herself, he exploded. His shift now was because he'd relaxed a bit and wanted something. Problem was, he had to know he wouldn't get what he wanted until she got what she wanted right? She hoped he understood at least that much by this point, or else she would have to disappoint him once again.

She bit her lip slightly as he continued and offered to buy her something to eat as well. She'd promised Charlie, and Josie that she wouldn't talk to him, as not to risk her still fragile emotional and mental state. She'd done a good job if she did say so herself of appearing exactly like she wanted. Strong, confident, and not taking anymore of the bullshit. However under that was still a very hurt, very upset, very angry, and very much on the verge of tears girl. Part of the reason she didn't wanna talk to him is because that hurt was hard to hide when talking directly to him. The venom in her words via Twitter, and the jab of her words just now when pushed where the proof of that. She wasn't ready to really talk to him, but it seemed unavoidable. She was still weak to his voice, to those pleading eyes, and god did that just make her angrier at herself.

Fine. He wanted to do this, now she'd let him. Plus for him to have softened up his tone so quickly and actually phrase it to where she had a choice to stay or to go meant something. Kordei didn't like rejection, that much was always clear, and probably because he didn't have to face it much, especially not from females. But to give her that chance in a public area and in front of his friend...She relented. She understood that was hard for him and his pride. It also perhaps gave her a bit of hope that this conversation wouldn't crash and burn like the last, if he was finally willing to offer up such niceties. She'd treat this experience like a band-aid, just rip it off and get it over with.

She glanced over at Ellie, then back up at Dei's eyes. Stupid fucking pretty ass eyes. "Ok, fine we can talk for a bit. But, I can't stay long. Someone who actually wants to spend time with me is waiting. Not to mention I wouldn't wanna break up your little three musketeers party you've got going on here." She hummed crossing her arms before looking around a moment, "Where do you want to sit?"
Amethyst K. Jones
coded by incandescent

What the hell did Kordei want from her? It was like he'd made it his life's mission to try and get under her skin to tick her off. Did he enjoy her rage? Was he so desperate for conversation that he was willing to get it any way possible, and the easiest way was to piss her off? So what if she tried to do him and Ellie a favor and not start a scene in a public diner at a well known school event! For someone so interested in talking "business" to her, he sure wasn't being very business savvy right now. This was the kinda stuff tabloids lived for, the kind of dumb shit you want to see on reality tv shows with washed up actors, not up and comers who have a reputation to build and secure. What was wrong with him? But fine he wanted a response, a reaction, so damn bad he could have it.

She rolled her eyes before looking his way once he was done with his little tantrum, "Sorry, not sorry, for consistently disappointing you." And she could tell by his tone he was disappointed. What for? Fuck if she knew? It's not like he didn't know she wasn't a confrontational person. She hadn't started any of their arguments because she didn't contact him. She turned towards him and spoke clearly, "To be friendly would be a lie, so no I'm not gonna smile and wave hello to you. But I wasn't about to try and start a fight with you in the middle of a dinner for no reason when you are with your friends especially since Ellie already made it clear he'd prefer I not fight with his friends. So my bad Kordei for being civil and trying to do him that favor. I'll remember next time you love the drama too much for that." She huffed and turned back to Ellie, "I'm here for Ellie why would you have expected anything from me anyways?"

Last she checked not ONCE had she ever initiated conversation between them since the break-up, so really, why did he think that was going to change now? Because they fought in her DM's? Because even that was her responding, not starting anything. He complained last time that she took everything as him battling her then proceeded to start the conversation irrationally upset that she didn't want to speak to him, as if that's not a normal response for someone who was cheated on! Like what was wrong with him? Was he insane? Did he legitimately think she wanted anything to do with him after that? Or did he really believe that simply because he was Kordei Grant of course she'd have to want to interact and be near him still despite it all. While his confidence was one of his more attractive, traits, when it dipped into narssisicm it was irritating.

Of course he stood up and walked over to her, god damn it. She couldn't help but turn her attention back to him with him being so close. Apparently he didn't believe in personal space, because of course someone who didn't even want to say hello to you of course would prefer you get up and stand right next to them. His social skills needed work. Like regular social skills nit flirting, or charming producers, and recruiters, and the like. But normal everyday social skills with people his own age.

She looked up at him and of course got stuck on his eyes. Ugh she hated the look in his eyes. They actually looked sincere...or rather what she believed to be sincere. She wasn't quite sure anymore what anything meant to him. Clearly he'd been able to lie to her face and look like he'd meant every word of it before. What's the difference now? She hated that she couldn't trust him, could believe him, or even in him right now. She'd once basically held him up on a pedestal with how much faith she had in him, but one night really had ruined all that. Then came the offer. She knew it was bound to happen, but after his outburst, she hadn't expected it to be within the next few moments of it. She wondered if he looked as bi-polar to his friends as he did to her right now, or any others conveniently listening in or watching the scene unfold.

To be fait she didn't actually think of him as bipolar, she knew he was just caught off guard, just like she was upon entering. They just both have different types of initial reactions to that sort of thing. They were opposites in that regard. while Amy was the type to crawl inside herself, he exploded. His shift now was because he'd relaxed a bit and wanted something. Problem was, he had to know he wouldn't get what he wanted until she got what she wanted right? She hoped he understood at least that much by this point, or else she would have to disappoint him once again.

She bit her lip slightly as he continued and offered to buy her something to eat as well. She'd promised Charlie, and Josie that she wouldn't talk to him, as not to risk her still fragile emotional and mental state. She'd done a good job if she did say so herself of appearing exactly like she wanted. Strong, confident, and not taking anymore of the bullshit. However under that was still a very hurt, very upset, very angry, and very much on the verge of tears girl. Part of the reason she didn't wanna talk to him is because that hurt was hard to hide when talking directly to him. The venom in her words via Twitter, and the jab of her words just now when pushed where the proof of that. She wasn't ready to really talk to him, but it seemed unavoidable. She was still weak to his voice, to those pleading eyes, and god did that just make her angrier at herself.

Fine. He wanted to do this, now she'd let him. Plus for him to have softened up his tone so quickly and actually phrase it to where she had a choice to stay or to go meant something. Kordei didn't like rejection, that much was always clear, and probably because he didn't have to face it much, especially not from females. But to give her that chance in a public area and in front of his friend...She relented. She understood that was hard for him and his pride. It also perhaps gave her a bit of hope that this conversation wouldn't crash and burn like the last, if he was finally willing to offer up such niceties. She'd treat this experience like a band-aid, just rip it off and get it over with.

She glanced over at Ellie, then back up at Dei's eyes. Stupid fucking pretty ass eyes. "Ok, fine we can chat for a bit. But, I can't stay long. I wouldn't wanna break up your little three drunken musketeers thing you've got going on here." She hummed before looking around a moment, "Where do you want to sit?"

Last edited:
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 4:00 PMfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Ash
INTERACTIONS

Trevor

MENTIONS

N/A

TAGS

ditto ditto

She scooted back in the seat and brought one of her legs up to rest on the bench so she could rest her chin on her knee. Ash's arms wrapped around her leg and now her fingers moved to playing with her shoelaces. Anything to keep her hands occupied and maybe, just maybe, keep her mind occupied and focused away from...

This.

Ash came to a decision. As soon as this date was over, she was going to swear off dating. Yup. No more. Ash was starting to understand Evie and Lucky's visions of what dating was, and she decided that this... whatever... this was happened to be something that Ash couldn't do ever again. Nope, nope, nope. She was done.

Evie, Gen, Lucky, and so many others were able to just do hook ups and call it a day. There were no feelings attached, no strings attached, and that was it. If they all did it, then why couldn't Ash? They were happy and they certainly didn't spend the worst hour of their lives on awkward, uncomfortable, tense dates, and Ash just wanted that.

The only way to describe this date was like nails scratching on a chalkboard.

And it had been her fault, because Ash had that lovely habit of never being able to keep her mouth shut. Of impulsively saying what came to mind, of saying the things that were better left forgotten. Because yeah, even if her and Trevor had discussed it, and even if she wanted to pretend like whatever was between them had been solved, finished, and filed away in the section of her memories for "bad drunken mistakes," she just... couldn't.

It was like there was something still tugging at her. Keeping her rooted in place where no explanation felt good enough.

Ash should've walked away when she saw it was Trevor. Ash should've said no when Charlie and Lin asked her for help. Ash should've shut Trevor down that first time freshman year and never talked to him again. Ash should've backed out of this date and just let the bet crumble into dust. Ash should've stayed home with Eli for Homecoming. Ash should've... she should've...

Ash should've kissed him on Monday. At school, in that classroom, when their admittances of kissing each other because they wanted to had hung in the air between them. When Trevor had closed that distance between them, when she'd turned him towards her, and Ash had almost felt that he wanted to kiss her as badly as she wanted to kiss him...

She wondered if that would've solved what had happened between them or if it would've made things worse. There were so many what if's between herself and Trevor.

Her gaze drifted back down to her cup, to the seam where she'd started to pull the paper back as Trevor spoke.

Yeah, maybe they had talked about it, but maybe Ash regretted it. Regretted the outcome of their conversation.

No, no, no, that was stupid. She was... fine.

Ash was always fine.

"Probably just packets," she agreed absently, even though that kind of ruined the magic of fair hot chocolate for her. If it was just a packet tossed in hot water, then why had she wasted her time coming here? "Wouldn't be fraud, though... they offered hot chocolate, and that's what it is. Never said how they made it."

Her voice felt hollow.

Fuck.

She lifted her head from her knee to look up at the sky. The sun was starting to fall which meant that it was as good of a time as any to get in line for the Ferris wheel -- the goal. All... all Ash had to do was make it through one awkward ride on the Ferris wheel, and then she could just go home and share some vodka with Gen.

And she would lock this memory away in the farthest part of her brain.

And she would never think on it.

And she would avoid Trevor until any semblance of feeling for him evaporated from her chest. Until she could write off the butterflies in her stomach, or the reddening of her cheeks, or the stuttering of her voice as she struggled to just... be around him. She would avoid him until that had all faded away and then she would go on with life.

It was for the best, anyway. What would she even expect from Trevor? For him to return feelings that she was barely willing to acknowledge? It was... Trevor, and they didn't work together. They wouldn't work together. They were too different, too opposite, without a single thing between them in common.

One Ferris wheel ride. And then she was done.

"We should go get in line." Ash took in a deep breath and on the exhale, she felt herself calming down somewhat. Her voice had the familiar, light-hearted lilt to it again. A smile painted across her features and just like that, she had erased any semblance of being anything but fine. "I don't want to hold you up too much. So we can go ride the Ferris wheel and then you can get back to hanging out with Amy."

And Ash could go home and drink with Gen.

Perfect night.

She pushed herself up from the table and grabbed her hot chocolate. Ash took one last sip from it, but the chocolate didn't have the same taste to her as it once had. With a sigh, she tossed it into the nearest trashcan.

"I can pay for this, too." Ash offered as they started to walk towards the Ferris wheel which, unfortunately, had to be way too freaking far away. She slipped her hands into the pockets of her jacket again and kept her gaze mostly focused on the ground in front of her feet. "Thanks for staying. It was... nice."

That was kind of a lie. This date felt like the equivalent to torture.

As they came to the Ferris wheel, Ash was disappointed to see that there was already a long line. Still, getting into line for it was enough to cheer her up a little bit and make her forget about the awkwardness of the situation she currently felt herself trapped in.

"So, when I was little I wanted to be an astronomer." Ash started talking -- look, they had time, they were in line, might as well try and cut the tension between them with a story of her childhood. She kept her eyes glued to the Ferris wheel as she spoke, though, and her hands stayed in the pockets of her jacket. "Because we were visiting my grandparents one time in the middle of nowhere and they were having this fair, so my dad and I went up on the Ferris wheel. Well, something happened to it and the Ferris wheel just... stopped working with us stuck up at the top and I started crying because I really thought we were going to die."

"Anyway, it was late and out there, you could see like... everything in the sky. So he starts pointing out these constellations and stuff for me and I stopped crying and started trying to find my own until they fixed the Ferris wheel and got us down. But like, I decided that stars were pretty freaking cool, so my dad got a telescope and we would go out like every night and look at the stars and the planets. I even wrote this, like, little essay for school about how I wanted to be an astronomer when I grew up but I didn't know the word so I just put, like, planet doctor or something." Reminiscing about it was enough to make Ash relax, a genuine smile growing on her face.

"My mom said it was a stupid career, though, and then my telescope broke," -- her mom broke it after blaming her obsession with the stars as the reason she had lost yet another pageant to JJ -- "and we never got a new one, but... I like going on the Ferris wheel because of that, I guess. Plus the stars always look better from up there. Well, mostly. The lights from the city kinda ruin it."

Well, at least her story had taken up part of the wait time.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Ava
INTERACTIONS

JJ

MENTIONS

Jordan, Gen

TAGS

Soap Soap

She was fully prepared to give JJ another lecture regarding her crappy taste in men -- you know, the same one that Ava had given her again... and again... and every time another guy shattered her heart. It was like lecturing a brick wall. Ava and JJ just went around circles with neither of them refusing to budge or change their opinions.

So maybe the little kid's ball rolling over and bumping into JJ's heel was less of an annoyance, and more of a miracle in disguise. Miracle in disguise as a snotty-nosed little brat that made Ava's lips curl up in disgust.

"Don't worry," she grumbled at JJ's remark. "I'd do it for you."

She had looked away from the little brat back to JJ, when JJ said that he was heading for one of the water games. Ava barely had time to even turn her head to see what she was talking about before Jules had snatched her hand and was dragging her off towards the carnival game. The disgust on her face returned as they grew closer and Jules handed money over the counter.

"But you don't--"

Before she could finish her sentence, Ava was being pushed towards the seat with a look of pure bewilderment on her face... until it clicked in her brain exactly what Jules wanted of her. Ah, of course.

"Okay, now stomp on his little heart and win that bear."

That was like music to Ava's ears. Making kids cry online was one thing, but being able to bear witness to the emotional pain she would inflict upon the snot-nosed heathen beside her? Unrivaled joy right there.

The countdown had already started, which meant Ava had only mere seconds to get into fight mode. Competition mode. Gaming mode. She cracked her knuckles and then rested her hands on the gun. She waited, focused, the sound of the festival drowning out around her as the countdown went down from 3... to 2... to 1...

Ding!

She pressed the trigger and aimed straight for the target. Years of wasting away for the entire week that the fair would come through their town and wasting way too much money on these ridiculous games served her well now. She knew exactly how these rigged games work, and she easily filled up the meter until the dinging sound came again and all of the guns shut down.

Ava. Winner. Again.

"Which bear do you want?" The carnival attendant asked.

Ava dropped her hands from the gun, perusing the bears for a moment, before she looked down at the little kid beside her. You know, the snot-nosed little brat that she'd just destroyed. "Hey kid, which bear did you want?"

He looked at her and out of the corner of her eye, Ava could see the kid's mother eyeing her. "The blue one," he said, sniffling, and it took everything in Ava not to gag.

"Blue one, please." She told the attendant and waited while he grabbed it and came back over to her. By now, the others had left and it was just Ava, JJ, Snotty, and probably Karen. Ava took the bear, admiring it for a moment.

"This is a really nice bear, kid." Ava said and held the bear out for the little boy. He started to reach for it, and then she snatched it away and looked down at him in disgust. "What the hell? You can't just take prizes from people." Her eyes snapped to the mom as she stood up from her seat. "Teach your kid some manners."

And then she got up, quickly ushering JJ away as she started to power walk away from the mom and the kid. Ava risked a glance over her shoulder to see the child sobbing and the mother trying to comfort him.

Now, out of earshot and away from the attack range of the mother, Ava started laughing.

"That was great." She said and held the bear out to JJ.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillersdlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillderfillerfilr
... trevor callaghan ...
MOOD

fairgrounds

TAGS

ash Winona Winona (charlie, amy, and jo mentioned)

It was beginning to grow golden. The tall, oddly-shapen shadows of the booths and rides crept further and further out, as if they were liquids seeping slowly into the surrounding area and devouring its warmth.

Trevor’s nose was cold, and it grew colder as the sun sank from the backdrop of the sky. The sun, where it sat, glared at him from in-between two booths, making him squint and grimace as his retinas burned purple. It was bright, and it was annoying, and he only just noticed it as Ash responded to his comment about hot chocolate.

Damn hot chocolate. What a lousy attempt at conversation.

Everything seemed so…dull, now that Ash had brought up Friday. Maybe not dull— that wasn’t the word. What was it…?

Heavy. Everything felt so weighted. Even her response, which she had said with no real inflection— no real indication that she felt anything behind it because it was a comment about fecking hot chocolate— seemed nearly like Atlas, holding up far more weight than it should have to as…punishment, perhaps. Punishment for what, he wasn’t sure, but he could speculate.

Secondhand punishment for him being so impulsive Friday. Misdirected punishment for him having feelings.

Nothing hit hard. No beat that passed in the conversation was anything worth listening to. All of the attention was turned to what the words were holding back; all of the attention was turned back to the dam that was sure to open if things kept going the way that things were going.

Self-control, he told himself. Self-control was what he needed. Either he had self-control and made the unballsy move to keep his trap shut and let them both fecking move on, or he did the selfish thing and let it all out so that he didn’t have to suffer through another awkward conversation like this— or so that he wouldn’t have to ignore her or whatever the feck this plan that he’d made was.

He was such a dumbass. It was times like these that he just had to sit back and think that. What the feck? Can’t even make a simple decision?

His eyes studied the side of his cup, still nearly full. He felt no great desire to take a drink of the thing anymore. What had turned him off of it? Thinking about what went into it? Or was it t—

He knew the answer. He was repeating himself at this point.

One could just assume, at this point, anything that he thought of and anything that he saw could be traced back to the heaviness of this conversation, which could be traced back to Monday’s events, which could be traced back to Friday’s events, which could be traced back to God-fecking-knows-when-he-caught-feelings, which could be traced back to that one time that he spoke to her in freshman year, which could be traced back to him being a weak-willed, horny bastard. It always came full circle. Back to the self-loathing, back to the whatever…

It was all true, though, which was all so pitiful.

And now, it just came back to that again. Now he couldn’t think, because of bleh, which was because of duhduhduhduhduh, blah, blah, blah, he was tired of thinking and hearing and feeling it.

Telling her would break the cycle—

But no! He couldn’t! Fucking! Tell her! Because of some bullshit excuse of...

God. He was miserable, wasn’t he?

He couldn’t even read the scribbles on the side of his cup anymore, and he looked absently through the filing cabinets in his brain for the memory of what the gibberish meant to no avail.

Damn.

He opened his mouth to exhale a sigh and stammer something more awkward than before when Ash’s mouth opened. "We should go get in line." She smiled, and he felt his heart catch up in his throat again. "I don't want to hold you up too much. So we can go ride the Ferris wheel and then you can get back to hanging out with Amy."

He smiled, though a bit awkwardly, raising himself from the bench. His head was still stuffy and cluttered with thoughts, but he chose to ignore it. He picked up his cup, walking to the trash can to discard it despite the liquid still within, and he walked back over to Ash, exhaling softly.

His head was clear! Absolutely. No bad thoughts. No worries. No thinking about Ash whatsoever. No considering confessing his feelings. Nothing! Move along.

He didn’t think to manage his strides as he began to walk to the Ferris wheel with her. He was too busy overthinking to overthink.

"I can pay for this, too,” Ash offered.

His eyes stayed focused on his feet as they went in and out of his view. “No need— I can pay. It…won’t be much, anyway. ’n plus, I prefer ta be tha one ta pay fer thin’s, anywhat.”

He curled his lips inward, working them against one another as they walked.

Confession. Or not confession. Or some weird mix of the two.

Or neither? Was that possible?

Could he just cease to exist? Could the earth just swallow him up?

“Thanks for staying. It was... nice."

No, it wasn’t. It was fecking torture. She was lying. It was nice for him because he got to see her and talk with her, but it had to have been miserable on her part.

Feck.

“Yeah,” he agreed, and then shook his head. “Ah. No, I mean…thank you for stayin’, darlin’. I…er…time together’s always nice.”

That sounded so creepy.

Sean the Socially Inept. That should have been his nickname.

The line, when they arrived, was much longer than he had prayed that it would be.

Conversation. Or awkward silence. That was what that meant.

Or full on making out.

Pfft.

He cracked a grin for a split second at his own joke— just…what would happen if they just made eye contact and started vigorously making out in the waiting line? Wouldn’t that just be a sight?

And then his grin faded when he remembered that there would be context and consequences to that and that there was no way that that was going to happen anyway.

It was funny, though.

"So, when I was little I wanted to be an astronomer."

He looked down at her, nearly laughing. “You, what?”

"Because we were visiting my grandparents one time in the middle of nowhere and they were having this fair, so my dad and I went up on the Ferris wheel. Well, something happened to it and the Ferris wheel just... stopped working with us stuck up at the top and I started crying because I really thought we were going to die."

He laughed softly, his eyes moving to the Ferris wheel.

It was monstrous. Really technologically impressive. He didn’t know much about science, but he guessed that it was cool. And it was pretty. Kinda burned his eyes with the glare from the sun, but it was pretty.

As Ash’s story continued, he listened, though not actively. He chuckled every so often when he found something funny, but his soft smiles faded quickly.

“I like going on the Ferris wheel because of that, I guess. Plus the stars always look better from up there. Well, mostly. The lights from the city kinda ruin it."

He looked over at her again. In the golden sunlight, she looked breathtakingly gorgeous. Her blue eyes filtered in the light, practically glowing, as if there were small words within them. Her hair looked as if it was pure, woven silk. Though he didn’t have the best angle because he was so awkwardly fecking tall, she was still…beautiful.

He felt his face growing hot, and he trailed his vision back to the Ferris wheel.

“Quite tha story,” he said, voice much quieter and thoughtful than usual. He paused a moment, his eyes following one of the beams from a cart to the center. “Stars…,” he repeated in nearly a whisper.

He glanced back over at her, and he took a step forward as another couple was loaded onto the wheel. “Ferris wheels…I don’t know why I like ‘em. I’ve no big story like you ‘r anythin’.” He chuckled softly. “My first experience of a fair was back when I first came to tha States. Freshman year…” He sighed softly. “Seems so long ago…but it’s barely even been two years, ya know…” He shoved his hands in his pocket. “Back in Ireland, we’dn’t many fairs’n stuff like this. I suppose that there were probably some, but I never went ta any. I only visited tha States a couple’a times when I was a child— ta come’n see my aul wan’s parents in…New Dakota? N…North Dakota. I think. I’m bad with names. Anywho, I only came in tha winter— over winter break— and only twice until my mum had a big blowout wit’ her father. So I never got ta go to a fair.”

He skipped a beat. “But freshman year, I came to tha fair all by myself. Didn’t know Charlie or Jo or Amy very well at that point. Didn’t have a clue what I was doin’. Wore my shirt half tucked, half untucked wit’ a belt around it because I was determined to be rebellious ’n didn’ realize how bad that looked. Didn’t have my charm at that point, so didn’t have a mot ‘r nothin’.”

He gave a soft chuckle from his nose. “’n so there I was, a lanky teenaged boy wit’ unruly hair who smelled like straight Axe cologne walkin’ through aisles of food endlessly because I couldn’t decide what I wanted to spend my allowance on because I didn’t have much left because of somethin’ ‘r other that I’d did ta piss Nana off. Decided to buy a slush, guzzled that. ’n then I was down three bucks and didn’t have much else that I really wanted ta do, ‘cuz the spinny things made me want ta vomit and the games were all ones that I was sure that I’d suck at. ’n then, of course, I look up, and there’s this huge contraption— and I’ve never seen one in person before, so I just kinda gawk at it for a second, like cool, it exists or whatever— ’n then I wait in line fer an hour and a feckin’ half because it was dark dark outside by t’at point ’n I guess t’at’s wrappin’ up tha night ’n everyone wants ta get on it to have a last hurrah or whatever.”

Another couple got on. “But there I was, a single boy in the group of all of these couples cuddlin' ’n smoochin’, waitin’ for a literal hour to get on. ’n then when I get on, I ask if I can pay fer more than one ride on it ’n they say that I can. So I pay…” He laughed softly at the memory. “I say, ‘Take all that money ’n see how many rounds that gets me.’ ’n I had no grasp on money. Didn’t realize that I’d had more than I thought I had. So…so I end up payin’ fer— fer seventeen loops on it.”

He shook his head slightly. “But, ya know, even though when I got off, I had no money left whatsoever, havin' spent it all on a ride on a Ferris wheel? Still didn’t regret it. It was calm. And…when I got up there, suspended above alla those people, it felt…nearly surreal. I…liked it. Anyway, I still maintain that that was the best sixty-four bucks that I’ve ever spent.”

He laughed softly again. “So…guess that’s my Ferris wheel tale…darlin’ planet doc.” He cracked a soft smile, looking down at her again. He could feel his fast pulse at the base of his tongue. “Nothin’ interestin’, but…it’s somethin’.”

MOOD: very social

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
Winona Winona (Jace)
tags
TL;DR nope
tl;dr
Callum Richards
Callum continued milling about in the heart of the fairgrounds for a while, more content with looking for things to do than actually doing things. After nearly taking an entire lap around the fairgrounds, Callum stumbled upon the main seating area. It was densely populated with people, unfortunately. Perhaps this was a good opportunity to work on his people watching skills? Most of the tables seemed to be filled with fairgoers and Cal couldn't be bothered to find an empty table. Instead, he stood with his hands in his pocket, fighting to keep his increasingly heavy eyelids raised.

Much to his surprise, he spotted a familiar face seated alone at one of the tables. Jack, was it? He looked sadder than he remembered him to be, lamely picking at his funnel cake with earbuds in, tuning out the world. Maybe he was one of those guys that was really vocal over the internet but quiet in person? A, uh... keyboard... paladin? Cal contemplated giving him a nickname, something like Lancelot the Quiet in Person. It was probably mean, and most definitely rather uninspired, but hey, who but Callum would hear it anyway, what with all of his talking to himself? He wouldn't dare say it to the boy, as picking a fight would be too draining for what was supposed to be an action-packed, enjoyable fair date... alone.

That was, unless... Cal didn't have to be alone. Suddenly, a superb idea on Callum's part emerged. He could really stick it to Oates and Ash and whoever the hell called him a boring bitch on Twitter by having fun with a brand, spanking new friend. And who better than this lone boy with whom he'd shared a moment throwing shade at the rest of the school on Twitter?

The tall boy zeroed in on the blonde boy, trudging slowly and lazily over to his table. He wordlessly sat himself down on the opposite end and waited for the boy to look up. He seemed to be engrossed in his food and his music, but Cal was fine waiting. It was easier to sit still than immediately initiate conversation anyway. He patiently waited for something to happen, going so far as to engage in a completely silent and dreadfully long staring contest with the boy. How do people make friends anyway? Cal had met Oates when they were dance partners and he'd become acquainted with Ash in some sort of drawn-out icebreaker game in orientation back in sophomore year.

Callum felt fine. There was no trace of shame, inhibition, or awkwardness in him, partially out of how little he cared what the sad loner boy thought about him, but also because the sitting and doing nothing was doing wonders for his exhaustion.

Okay, seriously, how long could this guy just stare back? He had to be at least some degree of uncomfortable.

"Hey," Callum finally greeted him, "It's me, Callum. We talked on Twitter. You're Ash's brother, right?" He paused, his eyes darting side to side. Actually talking dramatically heightened his awareness of his social awkardness. He scratched his neck and turned his head to look around before directing his head to face the boy once more. "You busy?"

code by valen t.

MOOD: sooo scared

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
ditto ditto (Mike)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Veronica Crosby
Ronnie nodded to reaffirm that she knew where she was going. And even if she didn't, who cares? They'd either wind up alone together in the dark haunted house or they'd end up wandering around the fairgrounds in search of the haunted house, with no other choice but to maintain conversation with the oh-so-thrilling sexual tension hanging above them. And Ronnie would savor their time strolling regardless, however long it took to find the place.

Her heart immediately filled with joy when Mike dared to call her "babe" again. Truthfully, Ronnie couldn't kid herself either. The act wasn't even slightly risky, let alone daring. It was surely obvious to the both of them, as well as to any outside perspective, that Ronnie was powerless to Mike's innate charm. This had been no secret for quite a while, although Ronnie liked to think she'd kept her little crush moderately under wraps for the sake of her slow burn romantic fantasy.

The actual loving part was no problem, at least to our redheaded, hopeless romantic of a heroine. It was just hard knowing when to fall out of it. From the moment the two connected outside the fair entrance, the fate of the night was sealed. Mike and Ronnie were doomed to a blissful, merry date. On one condition, of course:

Ronnie had to forget.

Even with how poorly it went over, how could Ronnie resent Mike for only speaking the truth the previous Friday? She constantly clung off of others and simped for assholes far out of her league; yeah, that's common knowledge. But to say these people didn't like her? She couldn't be sure who was fronting with her and who genuinely cared for her anymore. It was fair game. The way Ronnie rationalized it, she was supposed to be grateful to Mike for opening her eyes. But something had to be wrong if he'd popped a vein and made her cry over it.

She kept tossing around the idea of guilting him, making him work harder for her, seducing him then marrying him then leaving him high and dry at the age of 45 with two kids. Okay, maybe a little overkill, but it didn't feel right just pretending nothing had happened. Things were supposedly different after that, but every advance Mike made on her snatched those negative thoughts out of her head and flushed them down the toilet. How could she resist? It was almost like the suave boy was trying make her forget.

Ronnie had a wealth of options in terms of potential objects of her affection, seemingly decided based on first impressions alone. The decision to simp was typically made on the blink of an eye. All it took for Mike, for example, was a casual flex of his biceps followed by a cocky wink. The model probably thought nothing of it at the time, but in that moment, he'd unknowingly tied his fate with that of an irritating, juvenile simp of a girl. As for Zephyr, of course, Ronnie decided he was a no-go after a tiny bit more time, just to give the tall sophomore the benefit of the doubt. One too many harmless, friendly interactions ruled him out forever. His often hapless, accommodating nature and that gentle, goofy chuckle (and snort) he emitted from time to time did nothing but maneuver him straight into the friend zone for life. And if you're in the Ronnie friend zone? Yeah, you're done.

She blushed when Mike accused her of using the haunted house as an opportunity to eradicate any remaining personal space between them. Ack, busted! He'd read her way too well. The last few times Mike had drawn his face closer into Ronnie's she'd thought nothing of it other than how romantic he was being. Yet, after her brief pondering, it almost seemed vaguely familiar to the last time he'd really gotten in her face. The added bit of comical harshness didn't help his image either. She shook off her momentary discomfort with a hesitant giggle.

Ronnie was in too deep. Mike had already called out her plans with the haunted house, but it could still be salvaged. She wouldn't admit her true passions for horror films just yet. The exterior of the haunted house was rather underwhelming, but she couldn't expect much from an attraction with a budget that was likely criminally short of the minimum required for a truly grotesque show. "But Mikey, that's not faiwh!" Ronnie whined, pouting her lips and crossing her arms to go along with his baby voice. That's all she'd been doing for the night: following after Mike's flirting, parroting the energy he was giving her due to her inexperience with actual date protocol. "That's way too much to ask of a wimp like me," she lied.

"Make up your mind, Mikey... is it scary or not?" she pressed, cocking her head to the side and smirking smugly. She twirled a strand of hair with her finger and widened her eyes in a mockingly innocent (and minorly attractive!) fashion. "Don't chicken out now! Who else is gonna hold me and protect me from the scary demons?" Just as she'd said that, the tackily-dressed teenager ushering people in beckoned for the two to enter the dimly-lit labyrinth. Without hesitation, Ronnie pulled Mike inside, quickly adjusting herself safely behind him so any dangers would have to confront her big, strong date.

Fake blood was liberally applied to the walls, which twisted and turned left and right. For such a small building on the outside, the interior was designed to appear much larger than it was. Ronnie knew, of course, from her many trips to horror attractions that they'd definitely just been going in circles. Once they were further in, she was sure every other wall had the entrance or exit just on its other side. It was cramped, to say the least, and hanging webs and intestines would occasionally brush atop their heads. Mike luckily seemed to be short enough that most of the hanging decorations didn't hit him straight in the face.

Ronnie had to listen closely for incoming monsters, as it required an immense amount of focus to time her supposedly natural reactions. Sketchy doctors, cursed librarians, and giant, demonic geese crept up on them left and right, acting as cues for Ronnie to scream and crush Mike's ribs even harder. The thought of his ribs brought her to a fantasy of the future in which the two were married and running a diner lovingly named Mike's Ribs. Man, imagine the killer waitress outfits Ronnie would get to wear? Ahhh, the skirts... maybe a fun wig just for the hell of it? And an ornately designed name tag, of course. Mike pulling her into an embrace after closing time, the nicer songs from the Waitress soundtrack playing in the background... ahhh... the dream.

After a few too many jump scares, Ronnie found herself having a hard time finding it in her to make authentic cries of horror. The purple skeleton and the snarky eldritch horror had managed to gain some real reactions from Ronnie (props to the actors for that; Ronnie would have to get in contact with them later), however the majority of the haunted house fell flat. It was fine for most haunted house standards, however at this point, Ronnie had seen it all.

"Oh, nooooo, Mikey! Go check what's ahead first!" she cried out, pushing the boy ahead past a corner and into the darkness. She'd have to relinquish her grip on Mike for just a moment to throw him off of the suspicion that she wasn't really that terrified. How creepy would it look if she was just shrieking and grabbing at Mike (actually on the backside once, interestingly enough completely by accident) for the hell of it? If Ronnie was going to retain her Mike-holding privileges, she'd have to make this endeavor and act realistically. Not that realistic behavior was a common theme for teenage couples in the horror genre. "What's ahead?" she called out to him, "I-is it safe?"
code by valen t.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Jace
INTERACTIONS

Calcium

MENTIONS

N/A

TAGS

hery hery

If heaven on earth actually existed, for Jace it would look a lot like his current predicament. Sitting alone with a funnel cake and music in his ears that subjected the rest of the world to non-existence -- at least for him. Of course people still obviously milled about around him, but he could tune them out until it was just he, himself, and him.

Heavenly.

However, heaven on earth didn't exist and the pleasantness was ruined by someone sliding into the seat across from him. At first, Jace didn't look at the other boy -- perhaps he'd gotten lost or mistaken Jace for a different skinny blonde guy. But the figure didn't move and finally, he moved his gaze up to look at the other guy.

Sunken eyes. Dark hair. Lanky. Too tall.

This had to be Callum, Ash's friend. At least, Jace had thought they were friends -- but the messages that Cal had sent to Jace over Twitter spoke of a different story and, well, you could consider him intrigued. It felt impossible, futile even, to try and find someone who generally disliked his whore of a sister as much as he did. Or even a fraction of how much he did.

In case that hadn't been evident enough by the way that people had poured out of the woodwork to attack him on Twitter for making one passive aggressive, harmless comment about her being a bitch, which she was.

Jace stared at him. Blinking. Waiting for Callum to talk. But Callum didn't speak and Jace wasn't about to start and then seconds started to pass, the song of Lucky's that he was listening to came to an end and the next one started up, and by then it was just too awkward to speak up and try to say something.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Who would break first?

Callum. Good.

"Hi." Jace returned the awkward greeting.

"You're Ash's brother, right?"

He exhaled sharply through his nose. There it was. Even with someone that had expressed their hatred of his little sister over Twitter in DMs, Jace was still just Ash's brother. The other West. The weird West. That's all he had ever been and Jace felt like that's all he'd ever be. Never his own person, never Jace, just...

Ash's brother.

He nodded his head at the question. "Jace." He stated and nodded his head again at the second question. "Yes, I'm... busy..." Jace faltered over his words since, in all reality, he obviously wasn't really that busy. "But I ahhh.... uhhh... I-I can... why? What do... do you... need?"

Jace figured he could make a little time in his busy itinerary for the boy across from him.

Elias Johannes
The last person Eli had expected, or wanted, to see at the fair was Charlie. Yet there she was, approaching the group with a look of determination on her face. Before Eli could even say hello or offer her a smile, Charlie was whisking Trevor away from their tiny collective group. His eyes caught hers as she walked off, looping her arm through Trevor’s before the pair disappeared into the crowd, leaving Eli alone with Amy. But, before long, she too was leaving to go see other people. With a wave, Eli gave Amy a bright smile.

“You go on without me, I’ve got someone I’m supposed to meet anyways. Have fun, Amy!” He chirped, watching as Amy departed before losing her in the sea of people.

Eli slumped forwards slightly, propping himself up on his knees with his hands. After texting Jan to ask her where she was, Eli took a moment to take in the sights and sounds of the fair. Closing his eyes, he listened to the laughs and chatter of people. In the distance, a set of speakers was playing music belonging to the students of Hollywood Arts. Below it all was the quiet of fall, taking a backseat to the symphony of the fair. It was relaxing.

“‘Sthcuse me mister?”

A tug at the leg of his pants prompted Eli to slowly open his eyes, his eyebrows scrunching in confusion. Standing in front of him, licking a lollipop bigger than his head, was a little boy with big blue eyes glazed with tears and blond hair matted to his forehead underneath a backwards baseball cap. The poor kid, no more than five or six, was trembling as he stared up at Eli, his fingers still grasping his pant leg. With his face instantly softening, Eli leaned forwards.

“Hey little guy.” Eli spoke softly, raising his eyebrows in confusion. “Is everything okay?”

“I can’t find my Mommy.” The boy whimpered, releasing Eli’s pant leg to use both hands to grasp the rainbow lollipop. Eli looked around, stretching upward to see if he could spot a concerned parent, sighing as he saw no one.

“Well, that’s no good now is it? Where was the last place you saw her?” Eli asked, reaching a comforting hand out and placing it on the child’s shoulders.

“I don’t remember. By the food.”

Ah yes. By the food. At a fair. Really specific. Eli smiled, hopping off the table to crouch down in front of the child.

“Why don’t we go find her? I’m sure she’s very worried about where you are…” Eli paused, waiting for the child’s name.

“Lucasth. My name is Lucasth.” The boy introduced, a large gap in his top front teeth showing through his parted lips as he said the ‘u’ sound in his name. That would explain his slurred speech. Eli stood up, reaching a hand down to Lucas, who took his hand slowly. “I miss my Mommy.”

“I’m sure she misses you too, Lucas. Let’s go find her, shall we?” Eli offered. With a nod from Lucas, the two walked into the crowd of the fair. Eli stopped before getting into the thick of the crowd. He had absolutely no idea what the poor kid’s mother even looked like, so how was he supposed to find her? An idea struck him and Eli bent down again. “Hey, I’ve got a really fun idea. Do you wanna sit on my shoulders and you can look for your mom over the crowd? You know, like one of those super cool pirates that tell the pirate ship where to go.”

Lucas’ eyes instantly brightened, the trembling frown fading slowly from his face. After getting the okay, Eli grabbed the boy under the arms, carefully hoisting him up and over his head and onto his shoulders. With his hands carefully holding onto Lucas’ calves, the boy’s arms wrapped around Eli’s forehead and clung tight.

“Arrrgh, let’s go find ye mom, Captain Lucas!” Eli laughed through a rather horrible pirate impression.

“Ahoy!” Lucas pointed onward, a soft giggle bubbling from his chest.

With Lucas carefully perched on his shoulders, Eli began to weave through the crowds, keeping his eyes peeled for any sort of mother that looked concerned or a security guard to help him. He ignored the phone buzzing in the jacket of his pocket, his attention completely on the search for Lucas’ mother. Eli’s attention was so focused, in fact, that he hardly noticed a girl right in front of him, directly running into yet another poor soul. He really needed to start paying attention to his surroundings.

“Holy sh-” Eli went to swear but quickly bit down on his tongue, one of his hands moving from Lucas’ leg to the girl’s shoulders to steady her. “Oh my gosh, I am so sorry… Jan? We really need to stop meeting like this.”

As Eli looked up and his vision fell into focus, he could feel his cheeks flush. Yeah, there was no doubt that the person he had just run into was January. Of course, this seemed to be a common occurrence for the two, both meetings having been from Eli’s inability to pay attention to what was directly in front of his face. Lucas shifted on his shoulders, his grip tightening around Eli’s forehead as Eli moved his hand back to the child’s leg.

“Arrgh! This is me matey, Lucas. Lucas, this is me matey, January. We are on the hunt for his mother and maybe some buried treasure!” Eli joked, switching back to his horrid pirate accent.

“Join usth or sthwab the deck!” Lucas giggled, bouncing around on Eli’s shoulders. Eli nodded to Jan, hopping up slightly to readjust the child on his shoulders.

“Feel free to join us, matey!” Eli teased as he, Lucas, and Jan began to look for the child’s mom.

It didn’t take much longer or many more pirate themed jokes before Lucas called out, tugging on Eli’s ear claiming to have spotted his mother. With a grin on his face, Eli allowed Lucas to guide him through the crowd with tugs on his ears until they broke through the crowd. His mother, just as blonde haired and blue eyed as her son, looked as if a weight had been lifted off her chest as Lucas, Eli, and Jan came into view. Grabbing the red baby stroller that she had been leaning against, she ran up to the group.

“Lucas!” She screamed, rushing up to the pair. Eli carefully swung Lucas down off of his shoulders, grinning in satisfaction as he ran directly up to his mother and into her arms. After a brief hug, Lucas’ mom held him out in front of her. “Don’t you run off on me again! You scared me half to death, young man!”

“Sthorry.” Lucas whimpered, clinging to his mother’s leg as she stood to face Eli and Jan.

“Thank you so much for your help!” She spoke quickly, reaching out to take Eli’s hand in hers and then Jan’s. Releasing their hands, the mother quickly began to rifle through her bag, pulling out a few five dollar bills. “I was so scared, thank you for bringing him back to me. Please, take this.”

“Oh don’t worry about it. Seeing Lucas safe is more than enough for me.” Eli said sweetly, closing the woman’s fingers around the money. Opening her mouth to object, Eli laughed and shook his head. “Seriously, I’m just glad we found you.”

“Well, thank you again anyways.” She said before turning back to Lucas. “Come on, young man, I think we’ve had enough fair for today.”

“Bye-bye!” Lucas laughed as he hopped in the stroller.

With one last ‘arrgh’ and a fake hook hand threat from Eli, the pair departed, leaving Eli and Jan by themselves. As soon as the mother and child were out of earshot, Eli let out a heavy laugh, his smile still lighting up his face.

“I am so glad that we found her. It was looking like we weren’t going to for a bit there.” Eli chuckled, turning his attention back to Jan. “I am also so sorry for running into you… Again. Seriously, I need to get my head out of the clouds. One of these days I’m gonna entirely topple you over by accident, I swear!”

the fair

mood

'chill'

outfit

sick jacket, bro

tags

january sunshineysoul sunshineysoul
coded by natasha.

MOOD: flustered

OUTFIT: kai's fall fair 'fit

basics
MENTIONS:
Kane ( Kio.exe Kio.exe ), Mari ( jasmyn jasmyn )

INT:
Kane ( Kio.exe Kio.exe )
tags
TL;DR kai is simping for Kane.
tl;dr
Malachi Deavan
take my hands now,
you are the cause of my euphoria.

Kai felt his eyebrows rise at Kane’s compliment. An expression painted with colours of confusion more than anything. If he was honest, he got compliments on his singing mostly. His voice, keeping its northern British drawl when he sang. One would usually assume that Kai would have had a voice more suited towards his London upbringing. But his family came to London from Manchester, so his voice always kept its’ broadness and its’ raspy disposition. Soon his expression shifted into a shyer smile as he looked towards the ground. His features lighting up slowly, a flame rising and rising as he thought of the connotations of Kane’s compliment more and more. Maybe it was the fact that he received something he’d never really heard from anyone recently – or ever really. Maybe it was because it was Kane who was telling him this. He couldn’t quite put his finger on where it was that his heart skipped a beat. What implication made him feel warm, like sweet youth on a hot summer day. Soon a once timid smile of a child hiding behind their mother became a stronger smile, beaming and gleaming like light and sunshine.

You think I’m beautiful?” he said, voice quipped with a teasing tone as he leaned on the other before laughing. His smile was the type of smile with eyes shut in glee and crinkles by the side of one’s eyes – truthful and never deceiving. “I mean…” he continued to tease before shrugging, “I didn’t hear you. Can you please say that again?”. He started to lean in closer to Kane, faces barely inches away from each other. Kai would be lying if he said this wasn’t the most fun that he had in a while. Coming back to Hollywood Arts – everything felt so stuffy, like as soon as he came back, he was immediately emerged in drama which he didn’t even want to know about.

Yeah, yeah…” Kai rolled his eyes, still keeping the pretence up. “It’s okay, you must have been looking at a mirror.” He commented before continuing to pull Kane along, hands still intertwined in the pocket where they were keeping warm. Though he dropped it from now, he wondered if the aura of his glee still radiated off him. If Kane could somehow feel the inner smile Kai had on from the other male. He supposed that was the thing about Kane, the boy was beautiful, but the thing that was beautiful about him was not only his looks, but his childlike wonder and propensity to see beauty in everything.

Ah food, yes. So – we could get pumpkin pie, apple pie, candy apples, funnel cake – a lot of sweet things. I know they give some savoury items like corn dogs, chicken nuggets, but that isn’t your type of food right.” He knew the other like the back of his hand. He liked sweets, candy sweets. He remembered telling Kane off last year for having copious amounts of it. So they settled on an ultimatum. Desserts. Desserts would be the middle ground for everything that they wanted when they went out. From giant sundaes, milkshakes, cakes, etc. He even remembered that picture that Willow posted on twitter – a café for desserts. Maybe he would ask Kane to go there with him…

Not that it would be date! Or maybe… Oh god he didn’t know. Maybe just not asking at all.

Sweets for my sweet.” He laughed, childlike in its delivery at a simple joke.

Yeah, so do you want to go and get food and then meet up with the others? I think Mari and her group are waiting for us anyway.

code by valen t.

MOOD: *butterflies*

OUTFIT: no jacket

basics
MENTIONS: ash, charlie, trev, lin, eli

INT: geminiy geminiy (eli)
tags
TL;DR jan is anxious about spending time alone with eli
tl;dr
january
dance with me in my backyard boy
being an introvert was a big advantage in many situations jan found herself in here at her new school. so far every lunch period that week was spent alone, her with her thoughts and organizing classwork. and currently, at the fair, it was still working in her favor. being an introvert was never something january was ashamed of, until someone called her out on being anti-social. but she never saw herself as anti-social seeing how she didn't actively avoid social interaction. no, jan just knew she was an introvert through and through.
it was moment like the fair that helped remind her of that. she had been wandering around, quietly humming to the music playing through the speakers, and not having a care in the world. it was serene, almost, how ironic. the bustle of fair goers running around, the sound of kids squealing in delight over rides and prizes, the mix of smells from the countless booths, yet jan found calm in it all. she was able to float by, not being noticed or bothered by anyone, and she somehow found it beautiful.
but soon enough the beautiful got boring and jan caught a hankering for hot chocolate. so she was officially on a mission, to find this so called "glorious" hot chocolate. following the scents of food she found all the carts that sold foods and drinks, their own little corner of the fair. jan marched right up to the one selling hot chocolate and got herself one. holding the cups with both hands helped spread warmth to her body, as she was starting to feel the effects of not bringing a jacket. it wasn't too bad, but then again, the sun wasn't completely down.
so jan had found herself sat at a random table near the hot chocolate stand, mindlessly scrolling through twitter. apparently ash set charlie up on a date with lin and charlie set ash up on a date with trevor. it was all very interesting and entertaining. january took a sip as she thanked the stars above that she didn't have to deal with a blind date. but she decided to check on ash, make sure everything was okay, and offer herself up as a scape goat, 'case she needed one.
eventually, she remembered why she had even appeared at the fair, eli. she quickly typed out a "hey, where are you?" text and soon the two were messaging back and fourth. he was spewing how sorry he was, as normal, and explaining how apparently he found a lost little kid. he told her to stay where she was and that he would come find her once he found the kids mom, but january was already bored and cold enough. she didn't care how lost she was, the fair couldn't be that big, right? she downed what was left of her hot chocolate, after teasing eli of how cold she was waiting for him, and set out to find him.
her head was still buried in her phone, twitter and her own DMs going off every now and then. suddenly, she got a glimpse into why all the adults hated her generation as she ran into someone. of course she would, the one time she walked with her head down, she ran into someone.
"oh my gosh, sir i am so sorry, really i-" her voice was caught in her throat. partially from recognizing who she ran into and mostly because of the brown eyes she came face to face with. her hand had grabbed onto his arm, without thinking, and for some reason she didn't like go. "eli! i'm so sorry, i know you told me to stay put but i was bored and started to get really cold and so i figured i could help you with your lost child." there she was, your standard, nervous, rambling january quinten.
she couldn't help herself from looking him up and down. and in that moment, she didn't regret a THING because mr elias was looking incredibly good. she almost wished she dressed up more for the fair. jan never knew someone could look so good in a jean jacket. and not to mention his curls, ugh, jan absolutely loved the curls that sat on his head.
shut up january
she had to stop doing that, especially when he was right in front of her. she wiped the previous look off her face, whatever it was, and plastered on a smile. she felt her heart melt as she saw how eli and lucas interacted. when she caught wind of the pirate act between the two, she didn't hesitate in joining in.
"well, matey, i'd hate to get stuck swabbing the deck. arrrg!" she tried to hide her laughter, not wanting to ruin the "moment" for lucas or anything. and off the trio went, acting completely fools to help keep the child's morale up.
after what seemed like forever, lucas spotted his mom and it was a very happy reunion. the two teens said goodbye to the small boy and they went off their seperate ways.
january had no idea what to do. this wasn't a date, right? nonono, of course not. eli had stated time and time again, that he was not looking for any kind of romantic relationship. so january was not about to pressure him into anything just because she was developing premature feelings. she hated that about herself. she knew she wasn't ready for another relationship, not after her first one. but her heart fell in love at the drop of a dime. if someone smiled at her in a certain way, her heart would flutter every time their name was mentioned. that's exactly what was happening with eli.
yet with eli it felt different. sure, most of their interactions were online, but that's what terrified jan. it was so easy to think of cute, flirty things to say online, but in person? like right now? it was her. january. completely exposed with no screen to hide behind. she was terrified of it. how many times would they hang out, in person, before eli got bored of her? or annoyed of her? or just realized she wasn't as flirty and confident as she was over dms.
yet, it took everything in her to not just hold his hand as they walked. that wasn't like january, she would never just grab a boy's hand that she liked. especially when said boy said he was wanting to take his romantic life slow, and even made it known that he didn't have feelings for her. so no, she would not grab his hand as they walked to a beautiful seating area.
jan took a seat, letting eli choose his own chair as she folded her arms across her chest. she didn't want to let on how cold she was, but she was starting to get a bit chilly. maybe jeans with holes wasn't the best idea. she was awkward. she didn't know what to say. out of habit, she grabbed her phone and tapped over to twitter. big mistake.
she just so happened to glance at the timeline right when someone talked about groping. lots and lots of memories came flooding back to her. awful things from her life in new york, gosh she hated new york. she wish she never mentioned that she was from new york, especially when she told eli she was from arizona. truth way, her and her mom moved out to arizona three years ago, to get away from her brother and father. and that fact wasn't even a twinkling in her mind as she shared on the public twitter how she was from new york as well.
january was frozen. a different kind of panic attack was flushing over her body. not one that made her cry and hyperventilate and run away. no, this was the kind jan faced on a much more regular basis. she was simply frozen. everything around her became blurred; the sights, the sounds, everything felt like she was underwater, including this new weight on her chest. why did she had to look on twitter right then? it's like she was having an out of body experience. she was watching herself completely shut down, and no matter how hard she tried to focus back on the beautiful boy in front of her, the only thing going through her head were the memories of her past.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: trying to play it cool

OUTFIT: fall fair ‘fit

basics
MENTIONS:
Mariana ( jasmyn jasmyn ), Morrigan ( Kio.exe Kio.exe ), C.J ( sunshineysoul sunshineysoul )

INT:
Mariana ( jasmyn jasmyn ), Morrigan ( Kio.exe Kio.exe ), C.J ( sunshineysoul sunshineysoul )
tags
TL;DR Trying to keep cool, calm and collected.
tl;dr
Willow-Rose Robin
I'll never let you down
If you never let me down

Oh Cole! Erm – hi. I haven’t seen you in a while…” she spoke, drifting off quietly towards the end, digging the sole of her shoe into the ground out of nervousness. “Oh no! It’s okay, I wasn’t here long anywayliar, “besides they both look great, so I think that more than makes up for it.”. She then went into hug Mariana as the other initiated the hug. Oh god, since when was she this awkward around her own friends. Willow always liked to have a cool image, laid back and uncaring about most things. I mean, it was kind of the persona she built up on twitter – but now? She didn’t even know what to say without the fear of stuttering or stumbling over her own words.

Hey Mari.” She spoke, a bit more softly and a bit more relaxed as she relaxed in her friend’s arms. Mari always felt like home away from home – it was why Willow didn’t really find herself being homesick as much as she used to. Mari was the reason for everything really, now that Willow thought about it. The reason her lifestyle did a complete one eighty turn, the reason why she’s slowly come out of her shell. “I know we saw each other a couple of days ago but, how are you?” she asked with a warm smile on her features.

She listened to what Mari was saying to Morrigan before smiling and hugging the other girl. Another comfortable hug in the arms of someone she considered a close friend. “How have you been sweetheart?”. She didn’t know why, be she felt like she needed to hug Morrigan. Like an impulsive shock. Was the girl okay? She didn’t seem as lively as she usually is. Willow had flashbacks to twitter, the exchange with Oliver and everything that happened. Willow didn't know what kind of relationship Morrigan and Oliver had, but she remembered seeing red. Even now, after it seemed like everything died down and all was forgiven - she still couldn't really understand why it happened. It was like she said in the dm's she sent to Oliver - he didn't seem like a bad person. But he didn't need to make such vile comments.

Oh well, I was just about to do this hook a duck, but I think we should save the Ferris Wheel towards the end? A lot of people are going on it right now, and I think the view’s way better at night.” She commented, eyes quickly scanning the entire fair. One good thing about being a painter was having an eye for detail, meaning she could easily scan everything and anything. See the details of each place and see what to do and when to do it. She cocked her head to the side before her eyes landed on the teacups. It had a short line, it seemed like people were avoiding it – probably because High School boys just loved to spin the actual teacups too fast, so their dates were trying to avoid it like the plague.

How about we go on the teacups now?” she asked with her eyebrows raised. “We haven’t eaten so I’m thinking the short line plus empty stomach would be a good combo.” She commented before turning to her friends with a smile. “That or we could go straight to the pumpkin patch? I know for a fact that I saw some boys with bats, and I’m going to bet everything I have in my wallet that they’re going to smash up some pumpkins before we even get the chance to go there.

Her eyes quickly settled on Cole before slowly piping up and asking, “unless there’s anywhere you want to go? I won’t mind if you want to change the plan!

code by valen t.

MOOD: in it 2 win it

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Seb)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Chas Marino
Well isn't this just the perfect date? Mighty Chas needed to be consoled by gentle giant Sebastian fucking Osario. What a picture-perfect Wattpad romance. Chas was no stranger to public humiliation, especially after the past week, but sharing a moment in the middle of a crowd (at a school-sponsored function, no less!) was one of his lowest points to date.

He stared down at the pretty, white Doc Martens from Ellie's collection he was wearing, unable to bring himself to face his boyfriend, who was practically his babysitter at this point. Save the melodrama for Twitter, Chas, this is supposed to be a nice day...

"I can't stand you," he groaned halfheartedly, finally looking up to meet Seb's piercing, blue gaze, "It's just me here. There's more to a date at the Fall Fair than dealing with Chas throwing a fit, you know." Obviously, that wouldn't stop the stupid, mature, level-headed, soft beanpole in front of him from putting up with him, but it needed to be said. Chas sighed and squeezed Seb's hands back, instinctively and self-consciously making eye contact with people passing by them.

"What I want to do?" Answering with "make another itinerary" would be cheating; it's like asking for more wishes from a genie. "I don't know... if we can't do everything, what's the point?"

Seb's suggestions were a godsend, because Chas truly had no idea where to go from there. Doing things with Seb was like going on a date with a brick wall. Normally, he was down for anything (within limitations) that Chas suggested, so all the decision-making and initiative-taking fell under Chas' responsibilities. So, hearing the boy try to direct the flow of their date was... incredibly hot.

Seb's display of confidence and encouragement was inspiring to Chas. He perked up a little and leaned into Seb, his cheek slightly resting on the taller boy's chest. "Yeah... I do have the money," he murmured matter-of-factly, smiling and staring off into the distance. Seb knew him well... a little too well.

After getting too comfortable in Seb's chest, Chas abruptly tore himself off of Seb and let go of his hands. He looked back up at Seb with a newfound invigoration in his eyes. "What better boyfriend thing to do than to prove who's best in a competition?" he suggested, smirking impudently, almost entirely missing the point of Seb's romancey explanation, "I challenge you to the, uh, squirt gun game. You know the one."

Without waiting for an answer, the dark-haired boy seized Seb's wrist once again and yanked him in the direction of the fair games. "You better try on this one. There's a funnel cake in it for the winner." He winked, then started dragging Seb faster. He knew the exact layout of the fair thanks to his early preparation, so locating the singular competitive game offered would be a piece of cake.

In no time, the two made it to the gaudily designed game stand, which was fitted with six stools each equipped with a water gun in front of it. They were attached to the counter, adjusted so they could move no more than a few inches from their starting points. There were stationary targets with holes seemingly made to catch water directly across from each squirt gun, which would alert the woman working the booth who shot the most water in the hole. The exact amount of water needed was unclear, but the game wouldn't take long whether it took a pint or three gallons. Chas would make off with a swift victory as always.

How was the game supposed to be a challenge, anyway? The targets didn't move and were hardly very far from the fake pistols. Despite its flaws, it would do. Chas would crush Seb in no time and gain back his rightfully-earned swagger, devoid of all of the inhibition and doubt he'd let slip earlier. "So, Sebastian. Think you can handle it?"

code by valen t.
[/border][/border]

Last edited:

Gia giggled as Mel admitted to being a little cold and nodded when she said they would warm up later. Still though it worried the girl a little, wishing she had brought a coat that she could offer Mel but the outfit Gia wore was warm so she didn't think to bring one. Still she wanted to at least try to help warm her a little so Gia hugged Mel's arm happily, hopping at least her own boy could help Mel keep a little warmer than she would have been if Gia wasn't there.

As they started off into the Fair stuck close to Mel's side Content to walk with Mel and hug her arm more. Listening to Mel's offers and weighing the options at hand as she smiled. While food did sound nice indeed it wouldn't be worth while if either of them got a stomach ache later if they went on any rides so that wasn't that much of an option for now. When Mel offered some games and even to win her a stuffed animal Gia's cheeks blushed as she smiled.

"Shall we go play some of those games? we can get food later!" Gia suggested happily to her as it was there best option at the moment. While Gia was dying to taste some of the delicious food they had here it could wait till they where both ready to take a break from walking and playing games. Her eyes drifted to there surroundings, looking over all the amazing sights the Fair had to offer. The beautiful lights, the sounds, it was all so amazing Gia couldn't help but let her eyes explore how amazing a Fair was. Making sure to keep close to Mel and not let go of her arm, Letting her lead the way around so Gia didn't get lost in the maze of booths and crowds of people that filled the grounds.

coded by weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back