• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillersdlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillderfillerfilr
... trevor callaghan ...
MOOD

ash. yeaaah.

fairgrounds

TAGS

ash Winona Winona

A line from that weird, angsty poem that Trevor’d written back in freshman and titled Thus Goes Life came to his mind. Even though he’d been high when he’d written it, one line, which he had committed to memory, particularly rang true.

What is existence but pain, and what is pain but a temporary inconvenience disguised as something dastardly?

One just needed to replace what is existence with what is this fair date and temporary inconvenience disguised as something dastardly with eternal fecking termoil.

This was torture. This was agony. Here he was, on a date with a girl who he’d vowed to never even speak to again after Monday— a girl who he was just friends with— and he couldn’t really do much about it.

"The Ferris wheel.”

He looked down at her after she answered, and then quickly looked away again.

"Yeah, the uhh... like, I guess all the rides are fun, but I like ummm.... I like riding the Ferris wheel. Like, especially at night because you can see just... everything. It's really pretty."

A grade school flirtation nearly came from his mouth: not as pretty as you, and he blushed at the thought of it.

She was hot tonight. It was distracting.

He was awkward and antsy, and that was not a good combination.

“I, uhh…” The girl beside him stopped walking and reached out to touch him arm. His eyes went to her, wide eyes studying her figure curiously. "I am, umm... I'm really, really sorry. About this.... if I'd known what she was planning, I would've... cancelled, I guess.” Her hand dropped from his arm, and he worked his jaw. "Like, I'm guessing she didn't uh... tell you... did she? Like, you didn't agree to this, right?"

He laughed at the last sentence, despite himself and without really thinking. “Sorry, that was just funny.” He paused, looking at her nose because he couldn’t meet her eyes. “No, no, I had no idea. I came with Amy. I was supposed to be her comfort fer tha night, I think. But I guess that tat was all a rouse ta get me to come for this date.” He ended up emphasizing the word date, and he shook his head. “Sorry, I’m just a bit…taken aback by it all. Kinda got…heh, sprung upon me…that this whole thing was— well, I knew that ya were goin’ on a blind date, but me, didn’t know it was with.”

That was hardly English.

His tongue was getting all tied.

He shook his head. “But…uh…yeah.”

Feck, this was tense. And awkward. And he hated it.

“Ferris wheels are gorgeous at night,” he agreed. “But it’s not dark enough yet. If we want to see the night lights, we’re gonna have to wait an hour or so, darlin’. Though I’m not an astrologist— meteorologist…sun person?” He laughed softly at himself. “But…we could…spend the time…uhh…well…”

Words, Sean. Words.

His eyes rolled over to a nearby stand, and he craned his neck. He laughed softly. “There’s one of those clown games,” he said. “The kind where you aim at the clown with a water squirter and then whoever’s balloon fills first is tha winner.” He reached his hand to place it on her back, then thought better of it and simply began to walk away while talking. “I suck’t those thin’s. They’re rigged anyway. But it’s still fun…”

He looked over at her.

Feck, this was tense and so feckin’ awkward.

“What do ya wanna do?” he asked. “It’s all up ta you. Might’s well enjoy this date— er…thing. Might’s well enjoy whatever this is.” He chuckled awkwardly. “I’m just here.”

At the end of the day, yeah. He was just there, and he'd be just there until this date thing ended.

And he would passed up an opportunity to get with Ash.

And he would keep everything bottled up.

And it would be for the better.

Yeah. That.

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Adriane
INTERACTIONS

Nickie

MENTIONS

Evie, Nate, Dei

TAGS

ditto ditto

The best way to get on Adriane's good side?

Blindly agree with everything she said.

Nickie was perfect at that, really. Adriane lived for that validation -- that blind agreement with whatever she said, because no one really disagreed with her anymore. Adriane had started off on the bottom of the social chain when she started at Hollywood Arts, but she had risen to being the respected and feared senior that she was by insulting her classmates. Well, maybe not the respect part necessarily, but she lived for the fact that no one was dumb enough to try and cross her.

"It's because they're not just casual hookups anymore." Adriane said with a shake of her head. "Honestly, we all new it was coming. Evie can pretend all she wants that she's 'capable' of casual hookups, but she's not. She's just a scared little bitch that thought she could hide behind a line of dicks, but it was just a matter of time until she got hung up on one of them."

That's why you didn't do casual hookups. You did one and dones. Unless it was with someone that you truly knew you would never catch feels for -- like her and Gen.

"It stopped being casual the moment they stopped fucking other people. Like, have you heard Evie say that she sleeps with anyone else? No, because she doesn't." Adriane scoffed, rolling her eyes. It was ridiculous, really, and then Nickie was bringing up Dei -- who seemed to be the man of the hour for this entire week. Everywhere she turned, it was Dei.

"Honestly," she agreed. "You broke up with him. Dating isn't something where the second time's the charm." She held a finger up as a pause to the conversation before standing up from her seat at the bench.

Adriane stepped over to the nearby pretzel cart now that the line had diminished. She ordered two pretzels and waited beside the cart until they were passed to her through the window which, luckily, didn't take much time. With a faint smile to the concession stand owner, she walked back over to Nickie and set the pretzels down -- one in front of Nickie, one in front of her, before she took her seat again.

"Dei must be really good in bed to have Evie go back to him." She started up again as she broke off part of the pretzel and brought it up to her lips. "How much do you want to bet she runs back to Dei and leaves Nate all alone? Like, there's no one way she would really pick a criminal drug addict over someone else. Even Evie's not that dumb."

The one thing this conversation was making clear? The only thing worse than Evie's taste in fashion was in her taste in guys.

Last edited:
Charlie Howell
Charlie could hear Lin speaking, his voice from echoing around beside her but the words not quite registering in her mind. She half expected Lin to brush everything off, to pretend like nothing was happening and it was no big deal and they were just friends. The other half of her expected some sort of blowup, the hammer she was waiting to fall finally crashing around her. But, much to Charlie’s surprise, nothing of the sort happened.

“If you could help what you feel, would you stop feeling that way?”

Lin’s words snapped Charlie out of her own mind, finally looking up from the ground to meet his gaze. Where the actual hell had that come from? For a split moment, that goofy and playful persona was gone, allowing her to peek past the curtains and into a mind much more complex than it seemed. At first, Charlie’s brows knit together as her face scrunched up in confusion. But, she began to think about the question and the more she did, the softer her expression became.

Of course she would want those feelings to be gone, right? Would that not make things significantly less complicated? They could just go back to being friends or rivals or whatever they hell they were before shit hit the fan. No one would feel the heartbreak or the fear or the hollowness. They would just go back to normal.

But, then again, it was far too late to go back to the way things had been. Too late to pretend none of that was happening, too late to go back to whatever they were before. Too much was out in the open, too far gone to slap the lid back on the many jars of secrets. So maybe he was right. Would pushing those feelings away really help at all? Would allowing herself to feel make her feel better in a weird roundabout way?

Charlie hadn’t noticed Lin’s hand on her’s until he was moving them around, their fingers aligning with one another. It was almost comical how tiny her hand looked next to his. Charlie slowly looked up, watching Lin as he spoke. In all their years of friendship, Charlie had never seen him so open or emotional. There was something nice about it, feeling like she was someone he could open up to. All of Lin’s words made sense, placed in a meticulous order that somehow flowed in a way she wanted to hear. But Charlie could tell he was being genuine.

She refused to speak as Lin’s fingers intertwined with her’s, her pounding heart crawling up from the cavity in her chest and into her throat. Charlie’s instincts told her to recoil, to rip her hand away and to stop playing into whatever the hell was going on. But there was something about the way her hand fit in his, something about the warmth and security that came from such a simple touch that made Charlie not want to let go, instead further intertwining her fingers with Lin’s.

The last of Lin’s words were spoken so quickly that Charlie had barely had a chance to process them as she was pulled up from the bench. Did he just say he wanted to go on the date? No, no she must have been hearing things. But the next thing she knew, Lin was running off and leaving her standing there, a soft grin on her face as she watched him disappear into the crowd and out of sight.

Charlie couldn’t help but smile warmly to herself. Sure, everything felt totally weird and she was fairly certain she was going to puke, but they also almost felt okay. Lin took the whole ‘admitting her feelings’ thing far better than Charlie had anticipated. And then the whole ‘I want to be on the date’ thing took her by complete surprise. As much as Charlie wanted to remain right where she stood alone in the gardens with the world to herself, part of her wanted to overcome that nagging fear that was gnawing away at the inside of her stomach.

“Fuck it, what’s the worst that could happen?” Charlie asked herself with a laugh, taking off at a sprint in the direction Lin ran in.

Remembering he had mentioned the shooting gallery the first time around, Charlie turned down a sidepath, weaving between booths and people. If she had remembered correctly… Bingo! There was the booth and, to her surprise, Lin was still a fair bit away. Picking up her speed, she skidded to a halt, slamming her hands down onto the counter as she attempted to catch her breath.

“Ha! Egg-boyyyyy.” Charlie taunted, sticking her tongue out. Sure, they had been close and Charlie wasn’t even sure if she had won, but there she was all triumphant in her uncertain victory. “As much I think the loser should have to pay for the first round, it's on me. I don’t want you to cry about wasting your money when you get your ass totally kicked.”

the fair

mood

oop

outfit

autumn vibes

tags

lin ditto ditto
coded by natasha.

OUTFIT: xxx
basics

kai

mentions
interactions
Mariana Mendes
mari ~ seventeen ~ junior ~ visuals; acting

Mariana smiled brightly whenever Mor finally joined them in the living room, looking the girl over to see the outfit she’d chosen. “You look great. This is sooo cute,” she complimented before following her friends out the door and into Cole’s truck. Even though the fairgrounds weren’t too far it didn’t stop Mari from picking a few songs to blare and sing along with on the way. When they finally got to their destination she excitedly climbed out of the truck and walked to the ticket booth with Cole’s arm still intertwined with her own.

She scanned the fair in amazement, it was even better than she’d expected with lights and music, the chatter of all the people filling the air. Of course, Mari was a huge fan of rodeos being from Texas and she was used to them. This was different but still just as cool. “Willow! Hey!” she said, pulling her arm from Cole as they approached their friend so she could offer a hug. "What do you guys wanna do first? Food, Ferris wheel, games? Oh, if we don't get to ride those little teacup things at some point, I will cry!" she joked, adding a pouty face for dramatic effect.

“I never even asked you! Are you sticking with us or did you plan on meeting Alex?” she asked, knowing that Mor and Alex were close or at least they seemed that way. Mariana didn't want Mor to be stuck with them in a bigger crowd of random friends if she'd rather hang out with Alex. Plus, what if Alex was here alone? That wouldn't be fun for her either. "If you do leave us then you still better pick out a good pumpkin because we are carving them at some point!" she added.

Just as she was about to ramble on again, her phone buzzed and she pulled it from her pocket. Her face lit up just a little when she saw that it was Kai asking if they were close. *We just got here. Tryin' to figure out what to do first. We still gotta meet up later! You promised me a stuffed animal.* She added a smiley face emoji and then hit send before shoving her phone into the back pocket of her jeans again so she could focus on her friends.
code by valen t.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerflelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilrfillerfilr
... lindsay kay ...
MOOD

aboutta win this

fairgrounds

TAGS

charlie geminiy geminiy

The wind, singing in Lindsay’s ears, burned his nose with its crispness as he sailed past the rows of smeared colors and delectable smells. He was grinning so widely that it hurt his cheeks. His heart was pounding in his eardrums, and he could feel his pulse in the tips of his clenched fingers. His strides were wide, his eyes focused on the path ahead of him as he dodged a couple holding an infant, a cluster of ten-year-olds, an old woman rifling through her purse, and other blurs of skin tones and vivid, mismatched fabrics. The tables proved to be an interesting obstacle, and he found his hips weaving from side to side as he made his way through the path.

He was laser focused on his target; nothing could stop him. The adrenaline burning in his chest fueled him, and the sugar from all of those Fruit Roll-ups® assisted.

Finally, the shooting gallery came into view, and he laughed to himself. He had this in the bag— in the motherfuckin’ bag. His feet tssed against the ground, his determined steps audible even past the bumble of the crowd.

His footing faltered for a moment when he saw Charlie turn a corner. “Oh, you cheater!” he hissed to himself with a laugh, his grin widening and his brows setting lower on his face as he picked up his speed. “Hey!” he called as he approached, dodging small children, odd gazes following him as the parents of said children grabbed the hands of them with a what was that?.

He fell to a stop just as Charlie’s hands slammed on the counter, his palms slapping beside hers only an instant after hers.

Shit!

His lips formed a pout as Charlie taunted him. “I didn’t looose— you cheated, nyah.” He stuck his tongue back out at her, then broke into laughter, grinning. “I’m going to pay,” he said, whipping out his wallet before she could say anything else and pulling out a five. He turned his eyes to the worker. “Yo, bossman!” he called, wiggling his cash with a grin. “It’s one-fifty for a minute thirty?” he asked.

“Yes, sir,” said the worker, approaching him. “Is this for the both of you?”

Lindsay cocked a grin over at Charlie as the man took his money. “Yeah, yeah— hey, and what’s the score to…” His gaze shifted to the prizes.

Purple, polka-dotted bears with wonky proportions and the stature of a crippled mole rat, bears printed with money and embroidered with eyes that were too far apart, tiny monkeys made out of cheap ass felt, and various, small stuffed animals that looked as if they had been slaughtered and laid out like carpets lined the full left wall. These cheaply-made goods were the small prizes— twenty points and below, Lin figured. Higher than those were the average-sized, slightly-better made prizes— ya know, the sparkly dragons and the closely-related sparkly ponies, the fluffy orangutans— and purprangutans, and blurangutans— and the equal fluffy llamas of assorted colors, and the like.

Finally, mounted across the top was the holy grail: the gigantic, Rastafarian bananas, with their low lids, wide smiles, strange teeth, and stringy, black dreads. The sight of them sent a wave of excitement through Lin’s body, and his eyes went back to the worker.

“What’s the score to get one of those big Jamaican bananas?” he asked, grinning mischievously.

“That’s a hundred. Gotta hit seventy-five for the medium-large ones. Gotta hit fifty points for the medium ones. Gotta hit twenty-five for the small ones.” The man fiddled with the board at his podium. He paused a moment, eyes studying the board.

Lin looked over at Charlie. “Watch me. I’m gonna get one of the bananas and you’re not gonna hit even twenty, nyah.” He stuck out his tongue, laughing.

“Alright,” said the man, “each of you can come right up here and get at the guns, and then let me know when you’re ready so I can start the countdown.”

Lin grinned, laughing. “You ready to go down, Charlie?” he asked, seating himself on one of the red stools beneath the bar, the adrenaline from his little speech to Charlie still pumping through his chest and making his hands a little bit shaky as he adjusted his grip on the gun. “I expect you to gimme an ‘O Great, Most Charming Morgie the Magnificent, sharpshooter, best date, betting extraordinaire, how you have blessed me by allowing me to lose to you’ when I win,” he teased.

fillerfillerfillflleierlerssdsdfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfilrfillerllerfillerfillfilr
... nickie abrams ...
MOOD

chatting shit

fairgrounds

TAGS

adriane Winona Winona (evie and nate mentioned jasmyn jasmyn )

All of this talk about Evie had Nickie’s hands shaking. Any time that she got all caught up in gossiping— particularly about juicy things or about people who she didn’t like— her hands got all clammy and shaky, like she was nervous or something. She twirled the ring on her middle finger beneath the table, nodding her head enthusiastically and giving Adriane yeah, yeahs as she listened.

When Adriane stood and walked away, Nickie’s eyes followed her. She was sooo cool. Like, just impressively carefree. And impressively bitchy. Impressively carefree with her bitching.

Whatever. It was cool. Adriane was such a cool person. Nickie wanted to be just like her when she grew up.

Nickie ran her tongue along her teeth, rubbing a sore spot on her gums where she’d accidentally stabbed herself with a sharp piece of chicken crust. This was worth looking forward to; she’d needed this.

Adriane was coming back with pretzels now, and Nickie’s eyes lit up, a smile coming onto her face. She gave her a soft “thank you” as she handed it to her. She could smell it from here, and she was already drooling.

Her manicured fingers struggled to tug off a piece of the pretzel, and she only managed to rip a little bit of it before she just brought the whole thing to her mouth and took a quick bite, covering her lips as she chewed. She nodded her head as Adriane spoke, and she swallowed her pretzel.

“Yeah, honestly— like, I mean, like…” Dei is really good, but… “Honestly, she’s getting with Tittypecs? She’s not staying. Like, the dick can’t be that good to outweigh all of that fucking baggage. He’s got a storage locker full of shit.” She rolled her eyes, gnawing off another piece of her pretzel and swallowing it before continuing. “I mean, seriously, like…I’m going to be stunned if he even stays here much longer. Like, the fact that all of that came out and he still has the balls to show his face at the fair— or at school at all? I mean, kind of impressive if it weren’t so sad.”

She tried her hand at ripping off another piece of pretzel as she continued. “He came for Chas when he had all of that, too. Like, how much dumber can you get? Coming for Chas when you have all of this— like, shouldn’t you be off snorting coke or holding up people in gas stations?” She gave up once more with a soft sigh, taking another big bite of her pretzel. “And, besides all of that, it’s Evie— like, I don’t like the bitch, but her standards are lower than her panties most of the time, ugh.” Her shaking hands peeled the paper back further on the food. “It’s all so fucking stupid— the whole situation.”

MOOD: now I’ve really gone and embarrassed myself

OUTFIT: XoXo

basics
MENTIONS:
Jace ( Winona Winona ) Gen ( geminiy geminiy ) Javi ( hery hery )
INT:
Kai ( elaaraa elaaraa )
tags
TL;DR Kane has no filter and is simping for Kai.
tl;dr
Kane Blackmore
You’re beautiful.

Kane didn’t know if Kai bought his lie, but that didn’t matter. He felt his face heat as he spoke, unable to keep himself from being self conscious as Kai watched him. Kane felt pinned to the spot by the weight of his gaze, like his soul was being stripped bare and held in Kai’s gentle hands. Hands that placed a jacket over his shoulders before intertwining their hands and shoving them into the pocket. Kane almost sighed as the warmth settled over him, and he couldn’t keep himself from pressing a little closer to Kai as they walked. He didn’t know where they were going, but that was fine. He would have gladly followed Kai anywhere if it meant he could stay in this moment a little longer. Even if, in the end, he knew there was no way this could last. Soon, Mariana would arrive and Kai’s face would light up. Kane supposed he should be happy for his friends. Instead, all he felt was an unshakable sadness, and the cruel understanding that this, right now, is all he’d ever have. And he’d have to live with that.

He couldn’t afford to be selfish, not when he didn’t even truly know what he wanted. His heart was a tangled knot in his chest, and he didn’t know how he could ever unravel it. Before this week, he’d been convinced he was in love with Jace. Now? It still hurt to look at him, his Jacey baby, the sole person he had called a friend for so long. But Kane’s newfound friends had made him realize that he was worth so much more than someone who didn’t truly care for him. Even if Gen and Javier and Mor yelled at him, he knew they cared, knew they would still do anything for him, if only he asked. So no, maybe he wasn’t in love with Jace. If he was, would he revel so much in stolen kisses from Javier? Would he be here, walking with Kai, their hands and their hearts intertwined, wishing he could stay like this forever?

Kane didn’t want to know the answer. So, instead, he followed Kai wherever he wanted to go, unable to keep from watching his friend as they walked. Unable to keep himself from taking in the strong lines of his jaw. The curve of his nose, the bow of his lips.

“You’re beautiful,” Kane blurted, immediately wincing. If it was possible, he felt his face heat even more, and he clapped his free hand over his mouth. “I—I’m sorry. I uh…” he trailed off, unsure of what to say that could fix this. His eyes were now fixed on the ground ahead of them, unseeing as Kane’s shoulders slumped. Of course he just had to go and say something to ruin the moment. Even if he’d meant it. Especially because he meant it.

“I didn’t...I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say that Kai,” he attempted once again, eyes now darting about, looking everywhere but his friend’s heartbreakingly beautiful face.

Of course he’d gone and embarrassed himself. Of course. The only thing left to do now? Change the subject.

“So...food?”
code by valen t.

Last edited:
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 4:00 PMfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Ash
INTERACTIONS

Trevor

MENTIONS

N/A

At least, she decided, Trevor was just as uncomfortable and unprepared for this as she was -- or, well, even more unprepared technically. Ash had at least been given the week to mentally prepare, and then she had Evie's help for today. Evie's help which, unfortunately, had been utterly wasted on a date with Trevor.

Sorry, Evie.

Alright, alright. Stress and shock aside, Ash could do this. Right? Right. It was just... one hour with Trevor. They could play like two games, go on the Ferris wheel, shake hands, and call it a night. Inform Charlie, Eli, and any other naysayers that there was nothing where they all thought they saw something, and then Ash could shove this... really awkward date-but-not-date into the back of her memory and never think on it again.

She listened to his account of what had happened, and Ash made a mental note to add Amy to her list of people to yell at about this because there was no way that Amy hadn't been in on it.

"Great, so we have like... an hour to kill. Clown shooty game it is." Ash said as she walked after him. Her fingers kept playing with the edge of her jacket but really, the action was just making her more nervous. So Ash shoved her hands into the pockets of the jacket to try and quell the nervous twitching. "I totally suck at them, too. Like, any of the little shooty games. The only thing I've ever actually won is, like, one of those goldfish ones. You know, with all the little fishbowls. Anyway, I got a goldfish, named him Goldie, but my mom decided she didn't want to take care of a goldfish so she just gave him away or something. I don't know."

Ash was rambling or at least she felt like she was rambling, and she didn't really know how much better that was than just stumbling over all of her words.

“What do ya wanna do? It’s all up ta you. Might’s well enjoy this date— er…thing. Might’s well enjoy whatever this is. I’m just here.”

She looked up at him as he spoke, and then laughed, shaking her head as she looked away again. "You make it sound like... you're just babysitting me or that this is, like, torture." Plus, Ash was horrible at picking things to do -- or, like, deciding on things? Yeah, that seemed to make more sense. "Like, I guess what I'm saying is, you can enjoy this ahh... date, too."

The word date felt gross on her tongue.

"So, what's like... your favorite thing to do at the fair?" She asked, turning her gaze back to look up at him. "Like ride, game, whatever."

Charlie Howell
“I didn’t cheat!” Charlie exclaimed, feigning hurt as she triumphantly placed her hands on her hips, a brilliant grin across her face as she plopped down onto one of the stools. “I think of it more as strategic winning! Not my fault that you’re slow and didn’t know the shortcut.”

Watching as Lin pulled out his wallet, Charlie raised an eyebrow. Part of her wanted to lunge for the wallet. She had said she was going to pay, after all, and what kind of date would she be if she just allowed Lin to pay? But before she could react, the five dollar bill was in the worker’s hand, causing a scowl to form on Charlie’s face.

“Hey! I said I was gonna pay! Now I’m gonna feel bad when I wipe the floor with you.” Charlie laughed, taking one of the fake guns in her hands.

Charlie adjusted her grip as Lin surveyed the prize choices, her eyes following Lin’s to each of the overpriced stuffed animals and one abnormally large banana. A banana that looked Rastafarian. Who sat down at a table of people discussing carnival prizes and said “yes, let us create an oversized Rastafarian banana larger than most children and Charlie”? Do they get commission for every Rastafarian banana sold? Do these bananas come in bulk? Or maybe bunches? Either way, it came as no surprise that Lin had set his eyes on winning one, his cocky competitiveness shining through in full force.

“What a shame, Big Man. You’re gonna be going home without a banana because I am totally gonna win it. When I get him, I think I’ll call him… George. Yeah, George the Rastafarian Banana.” Charlie teased, fake aiming down the sights of the gun. “And then I’m gonna only hold George’s hand instead of yours. Well, he doesn’t have hands. I’ll, uh, I’ll hold onto his dreads. Yeah, his dreads.”

Lin sat next to Charlie, his shaking fingers gripping the gun. Charlie watched as the trembling stopped as he gripped the gun, a devious smirk on his face. Throwing a smirk his way in retaliation, Charlie looked over to Lin and laughed.

“Aw, are you nervous, Linny?” Charlie teased. Perhaps a stupid thing to tease him about, considering she was also incredibly nervous. With a chuckle, Charlie raised her own hand so that her palm was facing the ground, her fingers gently shaking as well. “Don’t worry. Me too. But you’re still gonna lose, O Great, Most Charming Morgie the Magnificent!”

Charlie looked to the attendant, nodding to him to start the game as she tightened her grip on the gun. With a ding, the targets went up and the game was underway. As far as Charlie was concerned, there was no date anymore, only full-on war. She had to win, there was no allowing Lin the satisfaction of victory. So, with every ounce of precision in her, she began aiming for the targets, pinging one down after another. The race was neck and neck, their scores going up almost in perfect synchrony.

The buzzer went off overhead, the lights swirling around as the targets fell backwards and the guns locked once again. Charlie immediately looked up to the scoreboard, her jaw instantly dropping.

112-98. Lin had won.

Charlie released the gun, looking in fake anger over at Lin, throwing on her most exaggerated pout as she dramatically crossed her arms over her chest.

“Seems we’ve got a winner!” The attendant said, leaning against the table. “What prize would ya like?”

“Definitely the banana.” Charlie answered, still glaring over at Lin. The attendant grabbed a long pole with a hook on the end, grabbing one of the bananas down off the wall. The attendant then turned to Charlie.

“And for yourself?” The attendant asked, placing the banana onto the table. Charlie shook her head, her arms shooting out to grab the banana before Lin could, hopping down off her stool.

“This will do. Thanks Mr Worker Dude!” Charlie called out with a giggle as she hoisted the banana over her head, taking off at a sprint with the banana lifted over her head. “Come and get ‘em, Big Man!”

Charlie dipped into the crowd, lowering the banana to fully lose herself in the sea of people. Tripping a few times, Charlie managed to dip behind one of the booths, hiding from Lin as she watched him run by. Perfect.

Heading off in the same direction Lin went, Charlie found a table and propped the banana up on the other side so that it looked like it was sitting upright, dashing around to the other side. Leaning against her hands, she put on her best ‘I’m in love’ look, gazing longingly at George the Rastafarian banana. Out of the corner of her eye, Charlie saw Lin approaching. Once he met them at the table, Charlie looked up at Lin.

“Can I help you? Can’t you see I’m in the middle of a date with George the Rastafarian Banana here?” Charlie fake gasped, placing her hand to her chest. “The audacity of some people, am I right, Georgie? Interrupting a perfectly good date. You’re not jealous, are you Linny?” Charlie continued, teasing Lin as she stood up from her seated position, grabbing the banana and wrapping her arms around it in a hug, showing off that the damn stuffed banana was, in fact, at least two or three inches taller than her.

“I suddenly feel incredibly small.” Charlie laughed, comparing her height to the banana’s with her hand. Holding the banana out in front of her to Lin, Charlie shrugged playfully. “You won fair and square, O Mighty Lin. What to next? I’m feelin’ a ride. Oh! We should do that swingy thing! Like the one that lifts off the ground and spins you around and stuff. I love those things.”

the fair

mood

'hypeeeeeeee'

outfit

autumn vibes

tags

lin ditto ditto
coded by natasha.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillersdlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillderfillerfilr
... trevor callaghan ...
MOOD

just great. yeah (:

fairgrounds

TAGS

ash Winona Winona (charlie mentioned)

Trevor, as he led her over to the game booth, listened to Ash speak with a vague smile on his face. He felt so painfully awkward. Even as he stared at his feet, he felt himself analyzing how big his steps were. (She was short, so she probably was having a hard time keeping up. He should slow down…but not too slow…feck, no, this wasn’t right either…) His fingers, in his pockets, rubbed against one another, fidgeting because they’d nothing better to do, but even fidgeting them made him feel awkward.

Feck. He wasn’t usually this awkward…was he?

It was Ash, damn it. He knew the reason why. He was all flustered and awkward and didn’t know what to do because here was Ashton West, talking to him like nothing’d ever happened between them, walking with him to go shoot some clowns in their gaping mouths and choosing words carefully so as not to step into any of the pits that their previous conversations had left.

It was miserable, really, all courtesy of him fucking things up—

Well, more all courtesy of Charlie making them talk after he’d sworn off ever speaking to her again.

Fuck it, they weren’t just talking either. This was a date. Even if he wanted to overlook that fact, this was a date. There weren’t any dates that didn’t have a romantic subtext.

Then again, perhaps this date was different. Yeah, it had to be. He’d been on a couple of dates before— nothing serious, of course. Conversation’d come easily, they’d started and ended pleasantly, and they were just swell.

Then again, he’d chosen to go on those, and…again again, he’d not gone on those dates with Ash, the girl who he knew that he had feelings for and the girl who he knew he’d already done too much damage to.

"You make it sound like... you're just babysitting me or that this is, like, torture." He looked down at her again, and then looked away quickly.

Babysitting. Torture…

This was torturous, but not because of her. It was because he was overthinking things. It was because…

It was because of the potholes that he’d put in their road. It was because he’d made out with her on homecoming night, which was because he felt something for her (like a dumbass), which was because he had spoken to her way back when.

It was really all because of him. Every action had led to this point.

Feck it. This was why he’d never been good at those butterfly effect games. He always picked the wrong dialogue options. He always got the worst ending.

“Like, I guess what I'm saying is, you can enjoy this, ahh... date, too. So, what's like... your favorite thing to do at the fair? Like ride, game, whatever."

He looked down at her once more as he opened his mouth to answer, and his eyes caught ahold of hers.

His lips froze, and he stopped walking a moment.

What was he going to say?

She looked hot tonight. She…

“Uhh…”

What had she just said…?

He cracked a grin and let out a soft heh. “Uhhh…”

Wait, feck, what was he doing?

He looked away, looking back at his feet. What had she said…?

Oh, yeah. “My favorite fair thin’…?” he asked, and he laughed softly. His nerves were frayed from that brief moment of faltered conversation, and he felt his hands shaking in his pockets. “I…uh, I like the Ferris wheel, too,” he said. “I can’t take tha noise of everythin’ else— I amn’t good at shootin’ games ‘cuz I amn’t got a good aim, I amn’t good wit’ tha spinny rides ‘cuz I haven’t got a strong stomach…guess I like tha Monkey Mazes good ‘nuff, but I always end up runnin’ so hard inta tha mirrors that I nearly chip my teeth…” He laughed softly, lifting his eyes to look at the Ferris wheel’s looming figure in the distance. “But Ferris wheels are cool. Calm, nice…chill, ’n just really a moment ta…stop ’n…reflect on everythin’, I guess. Kinda slows down everythin’…guess’s what I’m sayin’,” he laughed softly.

He came to a stop in front of the clown thing, and his eyes watched the current players’ balloons for a moment before he realized that he should be doing something right now. “Uhh, where’s it say money?” he asked Ash, and he cursed himself inwardly. Again, that wasn’t English. “How much, yeah?” No, no…uhh… “Dè a' phrìs?” That literally wasn’t even English.

He shook his head, eyes searching for the answer to his question himself.

“Ah. Eh…” His hand found his wallet. “You…’n me, you’re goin’ ta…” He shook his head, dropping that sentence entirely. “C’mon, I’ll pay,” he said finally, stepping up to the counter and pulling out some money to hand to the worker. “How soon’s this round over?” he asked the worker.

“A minute or so, from what I see,” the worker responded. “Two?”

He nodded, and he took his change back from her when she handed it to her. “Thank ya,” he said, putting his wallet back in his pocket.

And now, it was time to awkwardly wait.

He looked over at her, pausing a moment.

“Ya look cute tanight.”

Shite. That slipped out.

His face grew hot, and he looked away, laughing slightly.

“Ya do always. Ya just look hot tanight, too.”

Shite. Shite. Shite.

This was not..

Fuck.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 12:45 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Lucky
MOOD

relieved?

MENTIONS

the fall fair

TAGS

Winona Winona

This was excruciating. Absolutely fucking painful.

He kept his composure as best he could as Jace stammered through his words. Lucky’s stomach turned when it seemed like the other boy was going to turn down his offer. Seriously? He went through all of this and he was going to leave this interaction the same way he had entered. Shit out of luck. It was ironic. Being named Lucky and having so much shit go wrong in your life. A cruel joke the powers that be played on him for their entertainment.

Lucky scratched the back of his neck nervously as he awaited Jace’s final thought. His lack of conversational ability was beginning to ware on Lucky’s psyche. He just wanted to know. Yes or no. It was that simple. Put him out of his misery. Cheers from random patrons brought him out of his own thoughts momentarily, but then his attention went back to Jace, who was still attempting to form a decision.

It felt like he could see the inner workings, or lack there of, of Jace’s brain as he contemplated. Like the first part of a roller coaster: the slow, mind-numbing ascent that built anticipation and exhilaration, but for Lucky, it only made him want to gouge his eyeballs out of his freaking skull.

“Alright, you got yourself a deal.”

Lucky hid his excitement pretty well. Probably because it had taken what seemed like an hour to get an answer from him. “Alright, sweet.” Lucky said with an awkward smile. Was Jace his first choice? No and he was sure that he wasn’t Jace’s first choice either, but it was official now and they needed to kill it. They needed to wow the faculty and whatever producers were in the audience, because Lucky had a shit ton of work to do.

It was over. The dreadful conversation had finally concluded.

"Gotta know, though, uhh... why not ask someone else...? Like a friend or something. I know I sound fucking amazing, but... wouldn't you rather work with someone you know...?"

Spoke too fucking soon. Lucky’s eyes met Jace’s. It was a fair question and it left Lucky momentarily speechless. Now who was struggling with their words? “I…uh…I’m new.” Lucky swallowed hard and avoided eye contact. “I don’t really have a lot of friends, so…” He drifted off, his hands instinctually slipping in his jean pockets. It wasn’t like it bothered him. Of course it didn’t. He had a few people that kept up on him, but that was it. It’s all he wanted. Connections could be severed and he had lived through enough severing for a lifetime.

Jace seemed to have a similar problem. At least from what he could tell on Twitter and the fact that he barely ever saw him socializing. They were solo artists. Through and through, but this was important. At least for Lucky. Maybe Jace’s money could help him reach his dream, but Lucky didn’t have that luxury. He needed to work for his place and he was willing to do whatever it takes.

“…And besides…” Lucky said with a heavy sigh. “You do have a killer voice.” Lucky met his eyes with a reassuring smile. It wasn’t a lie. Jace had pipes, at least from what he had heard in class. “And I think our voices would work good together.” He said getting a little pumped up resting on the balls of his feet. Talking about music had that affect on him. The only place he felt at home. “And if we could, like, pull of an original song…dude..we’d destroy the competition.” He cleared his throat nervously as his eyes darted to the ground.

Lucky tried to squelch his overexcitement. “Anyway…” He didn’t want to scare Jace away and the guy didn’t seem to enjoy too much stimulation. He casually got into funnel cake line, his attention staying with Jace. “…what kind of funnel cake do you want?” A deal was a deal after all and if Lucky was being honest, this and funnel cake was the only reason he had agreed to come.

- Location.
Entrance to Fair
- Mood.
Let's try and have some fun shall we?
- Tags.
Zeph ( Winona Winona ), Alex ( @Soap ), Naomi, Morg ( Kio.exe Kio.exe )
-Outfit.
Cute, fun, flirty

Stella was super excited to see Zeph, and excited to spend some time just having fun instead of worrying about any possible drama. Well at least a girl could hope for such an evening. She smiled at the girl who spoke up first. She looked like the girl named Alex, "Ok, thanks." She was a bit grateful not to be the last to arrive. There was being fashionably late, and then there was just late. "Glad to see you too Zeph." She hummed. he seemed in good spirits so that was a plus. That means her only job today was to keep it that way.

She looked at the third member a girl named Naomi. She seemed like a lot of fun, so maybe this whole thing would be fun even with the extras. Though she couldn't help but raised a brow at Alex when she stuttered out something about nice weather...did people really use that as an ice breaker? She was sure that was like an awkward thing done only in movies. Oh well it seemed Zeph swooped in for the save for the poor girl, "Neither, I know that it's super clique, but I enjoy the Ferris Wheel the best. That's also why I like to save it for last though so if you all would rather do something else first I'm all ears." she chimed.

She personally would rather save on the food for a bit, but she wasn't against nibbling on something in the meantime. Though she could feel herself getting a bit impatience waiting for their apparent 4th arrival, whatever they were going to do she wanted to do so sooner rather then later. Standing outside of the fair talking was at the bottom of her list of things she wanted to do today. She turned to Zeph with a cheeky grin, "Also you lucked out today that I decided on a skirt and not pants cause you were this close." She put up her fingers with a tiny gap between them, "To having to give me a piggy back ride." She giggled.
Stella J. Bailey
coded by incandescent

Stella was super excited to see Zeph, and excited to spend some time just having fun instead of worrying about any possible drama. Well at least a girl could hope for such an evening. She smiled at the girl who spoke up first. She looked like the girl named Alex, "Ok, thanks." She was a bit grateful not to be the last to arrive. There was being fashionably late, and then there was just late. "Glad to see you too Zeph." She hummed. he seemed in good spirits so that was a plus. That means her only job today was to keep it that way.

She looked at the third member a girl named Naomi. She seemed like a lot of fun, so maybe this whole thing would be fun even with the extras. Though she couldn't help but raised a brow at Alex when she stuttered out something about nice weather...did people really use that as an ice breaker? She was sure that was like an awkward thing done only in movies. Oh well it seemed Zeph swooped in for the save for the poor girl, "Neither, I know that it's super clique, but I enjoy the Ferris Wheel the best. That's also why I like to save it for last though so if you all would rather do something else first I'm all ears." she chimed.

She personally would rather save on the food for a bit, but she wasn't against nibbling on something in the meantime. Though she could feel herself getting a bit impatience waiting for their apparent 4th arrival, whatever they were going to do she wanted to do so sooner rather then later. Standing outside of the fair talking was at the bottom of her list of things she wanted to do today. She turned to Zeph with a cheeky grin, "Also you lucked out today that I decided on a skirt and not pants cause you were this close." She put up her fingers with a tiny gap between them, "To having to give me a piggy back ride." She giggled.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerflelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilrfillerfilr
... lindsay kay ...
MOOD

happy

fairgrounds

TAGS

charlie geminiy geminiy

Lin cocked a grin over at Charlie at her teasing. “I’ll keep those words in my pocket, Charles Cocker Spaniel— save ‘em for later so you can eat ‘em, and I’ll get ya some ketchup to add a little bit more flavor,” he joked.

His eyes moved forward again, focusing on the targets in front of himself, and he closed one eye, trying to ignore the shakiness of the barrel that came from the shakiness of his hands. “Pow, pow,” he whispered, grinning, shifting his gun what little he could move it to aim at where the ducks would be when the game turned on, jerking back a little bit to mime the recoil of an actual gun. “Aaah, quaaaack.” He heightened his voice to mimic what was surely dying ducks.

He shot another glance at Charlie, and he chuckled to himself.

You’re doing down, he mouthed as the three lights below the timer above the game lit up and began turning off, one by one.

Dink, dink, donk!

With the ring of a final bell, the targets began to move about their places in the booth, and Lin went into full competition mode. His finger pulled the trigger like his life depended on it, his grin broadening on his face with each dink that the targets made as they interpreted the gun’s motions. The laser that said where his aim wasn’t needed by Lin. He was moving on instinct, his need to win telling him where he needed to point his gun at what exact point.

Right now, he wasn’t on a date. Right now, nothing was different. Right now, he was beating Charlie’s ass in a game.

Right now, he was happy.

The buzzer went off just as a “shot” from Lin’s gun caused a target to emit another dink.

Lin sat up from his shooter, grin on his face wide as his eyes went to the scoreboard.

One-twelve to ninety-eight.

Hell yeah! He’d won.

Lin turned to Charlie, poking out his tongue with a nyaaah as the attendant cried, almost in surprise, that he had a winner. “What prize would you like?” asked the attendant.

“Definitely the banana.” Charlie knew the answer, apparently, and Lin laughed happily. “Banaaaana,” he agreed, and his eyes barely caught sight of it as it got laid on the table.

“Hey!” Lin cried, but Charlie lifted the thing over her head and headed off before he could even try to snatch it, telling him to “come and get ‘em”.

“Ess-em-aych, heading off without a llama!” he huffed, and he looked at the attendant. “Can I, like, snag a llama?”

The attendant, finding this amusing, let out a laugh and took a llama off of the hook for him.

“Big ups, Mr. Duck Shooty Man!” Lin said, tucking the llama under his arm and rushing off in the direction that Charlie headed. He had no idea where she was, so he just blindly ran in the direction, dodging children and couples and tables as he went.

He laughed to himself. This was already hella fun.

Maybe he should go on dates more often.

His eyes caught sight of a familiar, short, blonde girl with a familiar, tall, Rastafarian banana, and he came to a stop in front of the table.

“Can I help you? Can’t you see I’m in the middle of a date with George the Rastafarian Banana here? The audacity of some people, am I right, Georgie? Interrupting a perfectly good date. You’re not jealous, are you Linny?”

“Charlie, you betray me like this?” he asked, clutching a hand over his heart and trying to stifle a grin as he watched Charlie stand and hug the banana. “After I left Gretchen, my third wife, for you? After I spent three years soul-searching in Puerto Rico via tripping on hallucinogenics only to get taken by the FBI because I looked like the guy who had been plotting to kill the manager at the local dollar store? Ess-em-aych,” he said, and he dissolved into laughter.

“I suddenly feel incredibly small,” she laughed, and Lin looked down at her and the banana. He towered over Charlie and the thing, and he had to laugh. “Kewt,” he teased. “Mini Charlie— Charlie Lite,” he laughed.

He took the banana from her when she held it out, and he held him out from his body to look him over with a grin. “Hell yeaaah!” he said, and he looked at Charlie. “And swingy spinny army ride thingy!” He bounced on his heel.

He paused. “Oh, oh, wait, wait.” He retrieved his llama from the llama from his armpit. He studied it, smiling, and then he held the banana out for Charlie. “Actually, you can have George.” He fake sniffled. “If you’re so in love with him.” He laughed, shaking his head. “Nah, no, remember the whole great date thing? Give your date the prize you win. As a little parting gift.” He shook it for her. “Now, take him—“ He held out the llama. “—and his pet llama…Vergil,” he laughed.

He never really did anything like this. Sacrificing what he worked for? For someone else? What? But he was doing it now.

He smiled at her for a moment, not speaking, and then he laughed slightly. They were on a date together. Wasn’t that…kinda funny? He thought it was. Who would’ve thunk it?

He shook his head, dismissing the thought, and he looked in the direction of the ride in question, then back at Charlie. “Hmm…since I won that race last time, I say that we briskly walk and not race to the ride. Decree of King Lindsay I.” He bowed to her, laughing slightly. “Besides, now you have to tote George and Vergil— you’ve got to carry your side hoe and his pet. Seems like such a burden,” he kidded, mocking sympathy with dramatically creased eyebrows.

He began to walk away towards the ride, still chattering with her. “Plus, I’d win this race anyway. There’s no question about it— wait, are those corndogs?” He stopped walking, freezing and pointing at a small stand in the distance. “Corndogs!” he repeated. “Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, you want some corndogs?” he asked, and he triumphantly walked off, cheering, “Corndogs, corndogs, corndogs!”

When he got there, he stopped, and he pulled out his wallet, paying again before Charlie could protest.

It was his dad’s money, anyway. He felt the opposite of bad for spending it.

He quickly ordered three corndogs for himself and one for Charlie, and he held out the other corndog for Charlie as he dug into one of his own. He began to walk away from the stand, finding a free table to sit at, he looked at Charlie.

“Ya know,” he said with his mouth full, “I didn’t realize until, like, a month ago…” He swallowed his bite and took another chunk from it. “They’re called corndogs because of the cornbread stuff around them— I thought that they were called corndogs because the pigs were Southern,” he laughed.

He looked at Charlie, studying her, and he held out one of his unbitten corndogs out for his date. “If ya want another one, I got myself two more, and I can get you another one— wait, do you think that they’re going to have an eating contest this year?” That thought made him grin wider. “Do you think?” he repeated.

Last edited:

OUTFIT: xoxo
basics

idk

mentions

nate Winona Winona
interactions
Evelyn Sinclaire
evie ~ eighteen ~ senior ~ plastics; fashion
Before her stupid “confession” to Gen via Twitter, Evelyn hadn't been overthinking things with Nate. She had succeeded in keeping whatever the hell she was feeling pushed so far down that it wasn't even remotely a thought in her mind. Sleeping with him, hanging out with him, just talking to him, in general, wasn't all tense. It was easy. Normal. They were friends, sometimes they hooked up and that was it. Now it was different because it was out there and it made it feel more...real. She couldn't convince herself that there was nothing there. So now, Evie was sitting with Nate and all she could think about was just telling him. Why the hell did she want to tell him?

The brunette knew that would only make things weird and she'd made a point of steering clear of that. This wasn't going to be another Dei situation where she caught feelings for a guy who wasn't capable of relationships. That's why she'd sworn off relationships in the first place. Reminding herself of that was a good fucking start. Besides, Nate had made it clear that he had no feelings for her before just as she'd said she didn't so it didn't matter. None of it did. All she had to do was go back to pushing the weird shit down. She could totally do that.

She pulled herself from her thoughts long enough to briefly complain about Ellie and bring up the whole painting thing. It wasn't that she didn't want Nate to paint her but she had been joking and just didn't want him to feel obligated. I can definitely find something else to do if you don't feel comfortable doing it. Posing kinda sucks -- you gotta just... sit all still for hours on end. "What? No, I mean, I've modeled plenty so posing is no big deal. I know it's not exactly the same but you know," she shook her head, before setting her food down. "I definitely wanna help," she added with a shrug.

"If it's unique then I think you should do it. Standing out gets you noticed especially around here. Besides, you're insanely talented so I'd be honored," she said, a smile tugging at her perfectly painted lips. The conversation was actually starting to feel like it was flowing a little more naturally. For now. Hopefully it could actually stay that way. Push those stupid feelings down. That's the way to go. She looked around as if to make sure no one else was listening before letting her eyes fall back on him. "You gonna tell me this idea or is it so top secret that even I have to wait?" she joked.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Jace
INTERACTIONS

Lucky ugh

MENTIONS

N/A

It was fitting that the only person who would want to do the showcase with Jace happened to be new. Poor guy didn't know what hanging around Jace would do to his social status, or the enemies he would inadvertently make by associating with the Other West. And Jace was not about to give him any kind of warnings -- if he hadn't picked up on it from the remarks directed at Jace on social media, then he was obviously just too dense and trying to warn him would do nothing.

Plus, it was Jace's senior year. Jace had never worked with another person on a song, so this could be... good. Good for him, good for his name, good for getting him farther ahead by helping out a lowly, new junior. Think of it like charity work.

"Original song..." Jace echoed as he stepped into line beside Lucky. He glanced up at the funnel cake cart at Lucky's next question, and then looked back at the other boy. "Just uhh... plain. Only psychos get the ones with fruit or whatever..." he mumbled, half to himself, because his mind was still whirring a million hours a minute.

"That's a good idea." He stated. "The... original song. I mean, if we wrote it together instead of just... rehashing an old one..." then again, Jace couldn't imagine trying to rehash any of his old songs to work with another voice. "What's your genre? Like what do you sing? And you've released your own songs, right? What you got?"

Look, look, now Jace had something new to add to his itinerary for the night. After he was done with his funnel cake and he'd headed back to his apartment, he planned to look up this Lucky fella and see what kind of songs he had. Jace would have an easier time thinking if he could have the sound of Lucky's voice bouncing around in his rather empty skull.

Jace stopped talking as they came to the front of the line and he let Lucky do all the ordering and paying. For a moment, the awkward boy made eye contact with the vendor and he tried to offer a smile but it ended up just looking uncomfortable and Jace quickly turned his attention down to the ground at his feet. To be honest, given how uncomfortable he was in public or just in general around other people, it was a surprise that his dream was to be a freaking musician. You'd think the introvert's dream would be to just... live as a hermit in the middle of the woods away from the spotlights and attention.

He took his funnel cake from the nice vendor person, gave them another half-forced, very awkward smile, and stepped away from the cart with Lucky. His mind was still whirring.

"Do you play any instruments? Looks better if we can both go out there playing something." And just like that, he was right back into business. That's how Jace worked. Everything was about business and music to him -- no time for idle chitchat because idle chitchat was hard and quite honestly, it was boring.

- Location.
Chicken dinner w/red chairs
- Tags.
Trevor ( ditto ditto ) Eli/Charlie ( geminiy geminiy ), Ellie ( toucant toucant ), Nic ( Kio.exe Kio.exe ), Kordei ( fin fin )
-Outfit.
Looking Good

Hanging out with Eli and Trev was really nice while it had lasted. She was genuinely smiling and laughing about just silly stuff not even worried about the twitter buzzing in her pocket. Nope she wasn't going to let social media ruin her fun right now, especially since she knew her time was limited with one of them. Like clockwork Charlie entered stage right with a frantic look on her face. Charlie really was a good actresses, perhaps that's why Amy adored her music videos so much. Amy didn't share in Trevor's mood switch due to already knowing the plan and what exactly he was walking into. She felt a little bad for keeping the secret, but there's nothing she wouldn't do if it meant they both could have a chance as a happy ending and relationship they deserved.

Despite everything that'd happened she was bitter for a lot of reasons, but not towards love in general yet. She still believed in love and that you can really find someone special. She just also now believed you can't trust just anyone who says they've found that with you. Some people are excellent liars, and deserve Oscars for their performances on false affection and love.

That wasn't the point right now, right now Amy just encouraged Charlie's little story for Trevor to go along, insisting she'd be fine here with Eli. It was a good cover-up, she'd been wondering all week what story she'd come up with to get him away from her. She knew that having Eli there might've made things a bit more complicated then originally intended, but it seems she adapted beautifully. Now she could only hope, as they scurried off into the distance, that things for both of them would go well. Both because she cared about them both, but also tonight was going to be a long awkward night once they got home if it didn't.

She looked back over at Eli now that the other two were long gone with a warm smile curled onto her lips, "So what do you wanna do now?" She asked curiously. Interestingly enough she'd never hung out with Just Eli before. Not that she had anything against it, she's always known he's great and sweet guys, but she just never really had the opportunity or reason for it. Especially now that him and Charlie are broken up, if anything she thought something like this would be pretty awkward for them because of that fact. However she didn't feel awkward, it felt like just being with a friend.

She was grateful for his company since while she'd used the excuse of needing company and a friend right now as an excuse to help Charlie get Trev to the fair...the sad truth was that was true. She really was craving right now more then anything just a friend to spend some time with, cheer her up, get her mind off of everything that seemed to be going wring right now. She needed a pleasant distraction. All her ideal choices were...occupied though, and Eli was probably one of the kindest guys at the school, so here she was.

She wasn't sure what possessed her to pull out her phone when it started to buzz, perhaps she was worried that things had already crashed and burned and Ash, Trev, or Charlie were asking for help out of this bet mess they'd made. However what she didn't expect to find was a clearly distraught Ellie so crossfaded it was very concerning. Especially when Chas mentioned something about a needed stabbing him and him not feeling it? No, that was too much. Even Evie and her were agreeing so you know that's a sign that it's bad. She and Evie were trying to encourage him to slow down, but it didn't seem to take. So she offered the next best thing, her presence and food to make sure everything was ok.

She looked up apologetically to Eli feeling like absolute trash for what she was about to say, "Hey Eli, I gotta go real quick. Well actually you can come with me of course since I'd hate to just ditch you when you were kind enough to come with me here. But I'm worried about Ellie and what he's doing to himself right now. And I don't know Nic well enough to know if he's genuinely taking care of him or not." Clearly not if he's allowed him to get so crossfaded he is seeing aliens ten minuets into the fair. "So I'mma grab a funnel cake and go check on him. If you wanna come that's great, but if not I promise I'll make it up to you when I find you after I make sure he's ok." She hoped he'd understand, and as much as this wasn't her problem to fix, and she should really just stay with Eli and have a nice time...her heart wouldn't let her. Not until she saw with her own two eyes that he was ok and being taken care of. She didn't want it on her conscious if something bad happened and she could've helped prevent it but didn't. Especially since he was being so secretive about where he was even going so far as to only DM her.

With that she made her way to buy a funnel cake, and then for the chicken dinner with the red seats. It wasn't very descriptive, but it was good enough. Luckily there weren't too many dinner with red seats at this fair. When she walked though the door it didn't take too long to spot him, and Nic. She started walking towards them when she noticed a third person with them. Was that? Oh fuck...Today was not on her side. Of course it was Dei. Now sure she knew Dei and Ellie were friends, but she could've sworn she heard through the grape vine he had some hot LA county date or whatever. That and Ellie had let this little part out, then again she couldn't blame him for that, the whole reason she was here was because she was worried about his physical and mental state.

Now what to do? They probably hadn't seen her yet, so she could just sneak back out. Then again she promised him this, and to check in. Fuck her conscious. Dei could handle this right? He now had two people that was good enough right? Unless they were all indulging as much as Ellie was. They didn't seem too out of it from where she stood. They even had food in front of them so couldn't be that bad. She should just turn and leave and apologize later, yah sounds good right?
Amethyst K. Jones
coded by incandescent

Hanging out with Eli and Trev was really nice while it had lasted. She was genuinely smiling and laughing about just silly stuff not even worried about the twitter buzzing in her pocket. Nope she wasn't going to let social media ruin her fun right now, especially since she knew her time was limited with one of them. Like clockwork Charlie entered stage right with a frantic look on her face. Charlie really was a good actresses, perhaps that's why Amy adored her music videos so much. Amy didn't share in Trevor's mood switch due to already knowing the plan and what exactly he was walking into. She felt a little bad for keeping the secret, but there's nothing she wouldn't do if it meant they both could have a chance as a happy ending and relationship they deserved.

Despite everything that'd happened she was bitter for a lot of reasons, but not towards love in general yet. She still believed in love and that you can really find someone special. She just also now believed you can't trust just anyone who says they've found that with you. Some people are excellent liars, and deserve Oscars for their performances on false affection and love.

That wasn't the point right now, right now Amy just encouraged Charlie's little story for Trevor to go along, insisting she'd be fine here with Eli. It was a good cover-up, she'd been wondering all week what story she'd come up with to get him away from her. She knew that having Eli there might've made things a bit more complicated then originally intended, but it seems she adapted beautifully. Now she could only hope, as they scurried off into the distance, that things for both of them would go well. Both because she cared about them both, but also tonight was going to be a long awkward night once they got home if it didn't.

She looked back over at Eli now that the other two were long gone with a warm smile curled onto her lips, "So what do you wanna do now?" She asked curiously. Interestingly enough she'd never hung out with Just Eli before. Not that she had anything against it, she's always known he's great and sweet guys, but she just never really had the opportunity or reason for it. Especially now that him and Charlie are broken up, if anything she thought something like this would be pretty awkward for them because of that fact. However she didn't feel awkward, it felt like just being with a friend.

She was grateful for his company since while she'd used the excuse of needing company and a friend right now as an excuse to help Charlie get Trev to the fair...the sad truth was that was true. She really was craving right now more then anything just a friend to spend some time with, cheer her up, get her mind off of everything that seemed to be going wring right now. She needed a pleasant distraction. All her ideal choices were...occupied though, and Eli was probably one of the kindest guys at the school, so here she was.

She wasn't sure what possessed her to pull out her phone when it started to buzz, perhaps she was worried that things had already crashed and burned and Ash, Trev, or Charlie were asking for help out of this bet mess they'd made. However what she didn't expect to find was a clearly distraught Ellie so crossfaded it was very concerning. Especially when Chas mentioned something about a needed stabbing him and him not feeling it? No, that was too much. Even Evie and her were agreeing so you know that's a sign that it's bad. She and Evie were trying to encourage him to slow down, but it didn't seem to take. So she offered the next best thing, her presence and food to make sure everything was ok.

She looked up apologetically to Eli feeling like absolute trash for what she was about to say, "Hey Eli, I gotta go real quick. Well actually you can come with me of course since I'd hate to just ditch you when you were kind enough to come with me here. But I'm worried about Ellie and what he's doing to himself right now. And I don't know Nic well enough to know if he's genuinely taking care of him or not." Clearly not if he's allowed him to get so crossfaded he is seeing aliens ten minuets into the fair. "So I'mma grab a funnel cake and go check on him. If you wanna come that's great, but if not I promise I'll make it up to you when I find you after I make sure he's ok." She hoped he'd understand, and as much as this wasn't her problem to fix, and she should really just stay with Eli and have a nice time...her heart wouldn't let her. Not until she saw with her own two eyes that he was ok and being taken care of. She didn't want it on her conscious if something bad happened and she could've helped prevent it but didn't. Especially since he was being so secretive about where he was even going so far as to only DM her.

With that she made her way to buy a funnel cake, and then for the chicken dinner with the red seats. It wasn't very descriptive, but it was good enough. Luckily there weren't too many dinner with red seats at this fair. When she walked though the door it didn't take too long to spot him, and Nic. She started walking towards them when she noticed a third person with them. Was that? Oh fuck...Today was not on her side. Of course it was Dei. Now sure she knew Dei and Ellie were friends, but she could've sworn she heard through the grape vine he had some hot LA county date or whatever. That and Ellie had let this little part out, then again she couldn't blame him for that, the whole reason she was here was because she was worried about his physical and mental state.

Now what to do? They probably hadn't seen her yet, so she could just sneak back out. Then again she promised him this, and to check in. Fuck her conscious. Dei could handle this right? He now had two people that was good enough right? Unless they were all indulging as much as Ellie was. They didn't seem too out of it from where she stood. They even had food in front of them so couldn't be that bad. She should just turn and leave and apologize later, yah sounds good right?

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 4:00 PMfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Ash
INTERACTIONS

Trevor

MENTIONS

N/A

Was Trevor always this awkward?

The answer was no. Ash knew this because even just last week, Trevor was able to hold an entire conversation with her without tripping over his words. Part of her missed that -- their friendship before the make out session on Homecoming night had been simple. Easy. They flirted or he joked around with her, and that was it. Nothing more, nothing less, and after the party was over? They would go in their separate directions and wouldn't spare each other a single thought.

Or, well, that's how it had been but at some point -- even before Homecoming -- Ash knew that had started to shift. Trevor sought her out more often, they started talking at more than just parties. At some point, she'd started looking forward to Trevor seeking her out and the brief moments of hanging out with him that she got.

And then Homecoming had happened and then the awkward Monday morning conversation had happened and now everything was just... uncomfortable.

"Oh thank goodness," she said with a sigh of relief. "Nic--" Ash caught herself before she could finish her thought, that thought involving Nico and his preference for the scarier rides. Like the swings or freaking rollercoasters at amusement parks -- and his habit of dragging Ash onto them with him him with the promise of it being fun, which it was never fun for her. Ash liked the simple, slow, not adrenaline-inducing rides, and she was more than glad that Trevor agreed with her.

They came to a stop by the clown game and she watched, painfully, as Trevor struggled with his wallet and just... tripped over his words. Again. Ash felt bad when she couldn't help but start smiling and she quickly pulled a hand out of her pocket to cover her mouth and stifle a laugh. Goodness. If this was how Trevor was on every date, she could understand why he didn't date.

She waited while he walked over to pay and her hand fell away from her mouth. Ash looked towards the ground, kicking at a nearby rock with the tip of her shoe until Trevor came back over and she looked back up at him with a smile. However, with no walking, no destination in mind, and them just... waiting...

It was weird.

“Ya look cute tanight.”

Her cheeks reddened and she looked towards the ground again so it wasn't as easy to see the blush.

“Ya do always. Ya just look hot tanight, too.”

Great. And now her cheeks felt like they were on fire and Ash couldn't stop smiling as she stared at the ground instead of looking back at Trevor. How was she... it wasn't like Ash hadn't ever been called hot or cute before, but something about it coming from Trevor left her feeling... nearly... speechless for reasons unknown to her.

"I... ah... thanks. It was all Evie." She explained as she let her gaze move from the ground back to Trevor's face. Deep breaths, deep breaths. There were probably only, like, fifty more minutes of this awkward back and forth and Ash could totally make it. "Yeah, if it hadn't been for her, I probably would've looked like a mess." It was a joke, of course. If Evie hadn't helped her, Ash would've just begged Gen to. And if Gen said no, well... well, that wasn't an option. Gen couldn't say no to her.

"You look really hot, too. Like ahh... like, I don't know. You just look..." Ash trailed off and she hesitated, struggling to think of words to fill the gap, but nothing was coming, and Ash's cheeks just burned more. "Like... ah... different, I guess... good different. Like hot different, like the ummm... the tall, dark, and handsome thing... totally that... tonight..."

Someone shut her up. This was miserable. Painful.

The other game wrapped up and the attendant called for them to come over and Ash thanked the universe for saving them from... whatever that was. Like, that conversation was doomed to just end in even more embarrassment and make the whole situation between them like even more awkward -- if that was possible.

"So do you like the clown game because it reminds you of, like, your family reunions back in Ireland?" She asked, flashing a grin at Trevor as they approached and she took a seat and got ready for the game to begin. Look, yes, of course she remembered him admitting to the whole dressing up as a clown thing. It was funny.

MOOD: it's party time

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
@LowkeyLovingLoki (Chase)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Javier Cervantes
A wide-eyed Javier stumbled backwards as Chase blasted out the door. He listened to the boy with a dumbstruck expression, taken aback by his fair date's unfettered rage. "Huh? You said that?" he responded quizzically, too busy racking his brain to recall an apparently important conversation he'd had with Chase to be angry with the insults thrown at him.

He didn't resist when Chase pushed past his shoulder, the rusty cogs in his head still struggling to turn. He looked back at Chase, pulling himself back into reality in time to form a face of shock and outrage. Is this guy being serious right now? He followed after the cardigan-clad boy and made his way to the driver's side. The habitual smoker snatched the bag holding his blunt from the center console and tossed it into the back seat with his trademark lack of grace and subtlety, as if Chase hadn't already seen it there. "Sorry, I just forgot we talked about that," he apologized dismissively, shrugging innocently.

The more Chase talked, the more Javi's hot-headeadness threatened to peek out. He could only stay level-headed and unserious so long before his natural instinct to reciprocate yelling with more yelling would take over. "I'm not fucking stupid and I'm not a douchebag. Maybe you shouldn't've taken so damn long to come outside, huh? I waited five fucking minutes for your ungrateful, yappy little ass. Fuck you. And I'll call you what I want, because you're my goddamn fucking boy toy for the night."

After getting all of that out of his system, Javier's furious expression faded, leaving only a cocky grin on his face. "You're so damn hot when you're pissed at me." He contemplated stealing a kiss from the pouting boy, but potentially having his tongue bitten off wasn't a risk he was willing to take this early in the night. Still smiling, Javi started the car and sped off out of Chase's neighborhood.

Javi parked all the way in the back at the fair, shouting a few curse words every time a parking spot was stolen or a seemingly empty spot was revealed to be occupied by a small car. He lead Chase up to the ticket gate, then paid for each of their tickets like the gentleman he was.

After paying, the sultry 17 year-old wrapped his arm around a likely still-irritated Chase and headed into the fairgrounds. He'd make him get over his previous anger using his expert romancing skills. "Say, babe, why don't we head down to the back of this joint? I heard there's a little party going on somewhere more private." His voice was uncharacteristically sweet, threatening to fool anyone that hadn't already been acquainted with the owner of the aforementioned voice into thinking Javier was a model boyfriend.

"And... speaking of joints..." Javier grabbed the bagged-up blunt from his sweatshirt pocket, a wide, excited grin spreading across his cheeks. Finally, the man of the hour could make his appearance, starting in Javi's lips. And, if he was lucky, that wouldn't be the only thing reaching his lips tonight. "Well, not a joint, but, y'know... you get the idea." He lit the blunt and took a puff, then ruffled Chase's hair affectionately. "The night's yours, beautiful."
code by valen t.

Adriane
INTERACTIONS

Nickie

MENTIONS

Evie, Nate, Dei, Amy

TAGS

ditto ditto

"It'll be nice to see him going back to Kansas -- especially after what he did to Chas." Adriane wasn't just talking about the whole outing Chas and Sebastian situation, either. She meant that and how Nate had treated Chas following the drug rehab nonsense. Although she hadn't paid super close attention to the entire thing, Adriane knew enough to know that her best friend had been hurt for just trying to help. Even now, just thinking about it pissed her off.

Adriane popped the bit of pretzel into her mouth as Nickie spoke. She let out a light laugh as the conversation continued on and reveled in the fact that she finally had someone that understood her point of view. Honestly, it was a little exhausting to be constantly met with people who held the completely wrong, opposite opinion.

"I don't know what he was expecting. It's Chas. You try to go for Chas, and you always end up getting burned ten times worse." It was probably one of the reasons that Adriane tried to stay on good terms with Chas -- like yeah, sure, they were best friends or whatever, but that friendship had been built on her not wanting to get on his bad side. It was the same thing as her friendship with Gen. Adriane didn't make friends because she enjoyed their company. Adriane made friends to keep herself safe.

Which meant being on the good side of people that she didn't necessarily care for.

"It is stupid." Adriane agreed. "Surely Evie isn't dumb enough to make the same mistake twice. Like, wasn't Amy a good enough example of that? She proves that neither of them are loyal, and this whole... drug and robbing business should just be the icing on the cake. But you know she won't drop them. Maybe she likes getting hurt by guys -- it gives her something to complain and bitch about and be all 'oh, woe is me, my heart's been hurt.' Like bitch, shut up. You aren't special because you broke up with one guy."

Girls that got that torn up over the ending of relationships honestly pissed Adriane off. It was stupid. Cry for a few days and then pick yourself up and move on. Honestly, it wasn't that hard. There were plenty of other dicks in the sea -- what was the point of being upset over one?

"Honestly, I cannot wait to graduate. I'm so over most of the people in this school. Most of them are whiny, stuck up, bitchy, and attention-seeking." Yeah, she was totally counting down the days until freedom.

Nate
INTERACTIONS

Evie

MENTIONS

N/A

TAGS

jasmyn jasmyn

A grin stretched across his face at her compliment. It wasn't like Nate didn't know he was talented -- how else would he have ended up in the school, after all -- but he usually felt... mediocre compared to some of the other visuals students. Mediocre and boring because there were the photography students and like Saint with his glasswork and here Nate was just throwing paint at a canvas and calling it a day. It felt so... unoriginal. Pointless.

"Well, I don't know... how unique it is." Nate said, going back on his words with a slight chuckle. He looked down at the table again, his leg bouncing a little more. "But it'll uhh... it'll be something different, I guess. There's plenty of others doing portraits, I'm sure, but I ahh... I think I can make it unique. Hopefully."

Nate looked back up at Evie with that grin still on his face. "Top secret -- for now. I gotta decide if I'm going with that or with something else. Might bounce a few ideas off some of the other visuals kids -- see if they can help me narrow it down. But your... face will be the focus." That sounded weirder than he intended and Nate awkwardly cleared his throat.

"So you're doing the fashion show, right? Have you gotten started on the outfits already? I imagine it probably takes ages to make one outfit let alone enough for an entire show."

One thing tugged at the back of Nate's brain and that was him offering to help her with the fashion show if she needed it which was completely out of character for Nate. Nate didn't stand up on stages and let people look at him -- and yet here he was, prepared to do just that for one Evelyn Sinclaire. There was something wrong with him. He was sick or something.

Between that and him agreeing to Trevor's fucking movie...

Nate was starting to question his own actions.

Or, rather, his tendency to blindly agree to things when he was high. Stupid fucking drugs.

MOOD: pissed

OUTFIT: XoXo

basics
MENTIONS:
N/a
INT:
Ellie ( toucant toucant ) Dei ( fin fin )

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Nic is drunk and bipolar
tl;dr
Nic Thompson
fuck this.

As Ellie answered the question, Nic’s face softened, and just as he was leaning in to wrap his arms around his friend, someone came barreling towards them, shoving himself between them. Nic was instantly on the defensive, stiffening. Ellie’s answer certainly wasn’t going to get him out of talking, but that could wait until they got back to Nic’s place. For now, they could have fun.

He made a show of studying the newcomer, a lazy grin on his face. “Bond. James Bond,” Nic said, sticking out his hand. A low chuckle slipped from him then, as he subtly scooted farther from Dei. “All jokes aside, yeah. I’m Nic. Pleasure to meet you,” he corrected. It was not, in fact, a pleasure to meet him, but Nic certainly wasn’t going to say otherwise. Charlie and Ash had already told him all about Kordei Grant.

“I’m hungry. Are you hungry? Let’s get some fries,” Nic said, looking towards the counter. He pushed himself up off the worn stool and headed towards the front, where he purchased two orders of fries. If he had sat next to Dei for any longer he would have done something he regretted. It wasn’t that he’d said or done anything particularly aggravating. In fact, Dei had been nothing but cordial. But for some reason the “musician” rubbed Nic the wrong way.

Maybe it was the way he’d shoved himself between him and Ellie. Maybe it was the fact that when Dei had called Ellie his boyfriend, a bolt of jealousy so sharp it hurt had traveled through his chest. Maybe it was the booze clouding his mind. Maybe it was nothing, and Nic was just being stupid. Regardless, he had still had to get away.

Why was he jealous, you ask? Hell if he knew. He and Ellie certainly weren’t dating, not when his friend was still so hung up on Chas and Nic’s own feelings were complicated enough. Sure Ellie was probably his best friend, and their hookups had always been intense, but that certainly wasn’t enough to make him feel jealous. Right?

When he got his food, Nic walked back over to the table, sitting on the opposite side of the booth that Dei and Ellie were on. Twitter was heating up again, and the booze clouding his mind was confusing him. One second he was pissed at Ellie. The next he wanted nothing more than to wrap his friend in his arms and tell him it was okay. He kept glancing towards the door, contemplating leaving. He was exhausted, and didn’t feel like being at the fair. No. He just wanted to curl up in bed, with Ellie if he still wanted, and sleep. And yet here he sat, unwilling to leave. He wouldn’t be a bad friend.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Gia Calistro

mood Excited/anxious

location Entrance to the Fair

tag Kio.exe Kio.exe

outfit https://media.discordapp.net/attach...bbfcc17b8598f8bce960.jpg?width=541&height=677

The week had gone by amazingly. getting settled in at her brothers place, meeting new friends and starting her classes. If anything this was a dream come true for Gia in so many ways she almost could explode with joy. When the day of the fair came along Gia woke up with excitement, having made plans to go with her friend Mel who she had gotten to know some over the past week got her even more excited. Going about her day as usual with breakfast, some dance practicing and what not, lunch and some relaxation time before it came time to get ready. Gia being the girl she was had asked Mel what to wear, wanting to look good for her Fair "date" Gia and Mel settled on a nice outfit, a cute tan sweater, peach skirt and some black boots, her hair done in big pink curls that hung over her shoulders and a light sprucing of makeup to finish it off. Giving herself one last look in the mirror before nodding in acceptance Gia went to her brother, giving hum a hug goodbye and heading out the door to the fair.

The ride wasn't long but Gia did have enough time to message Mel and let her know where she would be waiting. God this was so exciting, only a week in and she was already getting to see so much and do so many things, not to mention Mel who Gia had grown close to in the matter of just a week. Having a friend so early in her time here was nice for Gia in many ways, not to mention Mel was beautiful and amazing in so many ways. She'd be lying if a little crush wasn't forming but that was something to address later on. As the car pulled up Gia hopped out, paying the man with the cash owned and a cheerful addio She turned her attention to the fair with a big smile to hid her anxiousness. Taking a quick look around Mel was nowhere in sight at the moment so Gia took a spot near the entrance to wait for Mel. Be it a little awkward as it was Gia was nervous, anxious even about going with Mel and didn't know why. She knew they would have so much fun together at the fair and all but still something in her told the poor girl that anxiousness was the right feeling at the moment as she kept her eyes out for Mel. Even checking her phone a few times to see if any messages had been received from her.

coded by weldherwings.

... trevor callaghan ...
MOOD

eaugh

fairgrounds

TAGS

ash Winona Winona

When Ash’s eyes met his again, Trevor’s mouth went dry, and he became acutely aware of how hot and clammy his palms were. Could fingers be sweaty? Because his fingers felt sweaty.

He gave a soft psht at her saying that it was all Evie. He knew that she was cute without trying— er…he…

Feck it. Yeah. He’d thought what he’d thought. She was cute regardless. Even when she’d been flustered and distract and all worried on his couch. Even Monday, during that tense fecking conversation where he’d sworn that they were just friends despite nearly kissing her again.

She was cute. Hot. Everything. And he doubted that she really had to try.

"You look really hot, too.”

The compliment made his cheeks heat up again, and he cracked a small, flattered smile, and he looked away. “Like ahh... like, I don't know. You just look…like... ah... different, I guess... good different. Like hot different, like the ummm... the tall, dark, and handsome thing... totally that... tonight..."

He laughed slightly. Despite how…staggered and…separated her speech had come out, he was somehow still flattered. “So you admit that I’m tall, dark, ’n handsome now, darlin’?” he grinned, glancing down at her again and laughing slightly. He flexed his lack of muscle jokingly. “They tried ta me on the cover of Vogue, but my legs were too long, ya know,” he kidded, quoting that one weirdly specific meme that he remembered from a few years back. He shook his head slightly. “See, told ya. Tall, dark, handsome. Now ya can’t deny it, darlin’— ya’ve seen it first person.”

As the words fell off, the air between them grew silent. Perhaps it wasn’t as awkward as before, but it was still definitively awkward.

Mostly, he knew, because they were trying to step around the big, gaping hole that was literally everything between them.

He fiddled his hands in his pocket, and the attendant called for them to come over, which was a small saving grace.

As he made his way over to the booth, Ash asked, "So do you like the clown game because it reminds you of, like, your family reunions back in Ireland?"

An involuntary psssht came from his mouth, and he laughed, rolling his eyes as he seated himself beside Ash. The other seats around had been filled by strangers— an eleven-year-old with a runny nose; a ruddy haired, pierced, and tatted twenty-something; and a sad-looking blonde woman somewhere in her thirties. “Feck, I want ta forget those…why’d ya have to bring them up?” he laughed, looking down at the water gun. “Making the clown deepthroat a solid stream of water might be a bit cathartic— release that pent up anger and resentment that I have towards such things ‘cuzza alla tha times that I had to dress as Sunny Seanny the Happy Clown and deal with screechin’ children who begged me to make balloon animals and started to cry every time that I burst one.” He laughed, shaking his head.

A couple of other settled into seats around: a balding man with a child in his lap and a teenaged girl in yellow with another teenaged boy in blue. The seats were filling up quickly, which meant that the game was going to start soon.

“Did I tell ya about tha one time that— okay, so…” He pulled his hands from his pocket to better be able to tel the story. “We were sittin’ at this long table— me, Nana, Granda, and twelve-trillion of my cousins ‘cuz my other nan was fertile as a feckin’ rabbit and so were alla her children…anyway, so we’re sittin’, yeah? ’N then here comes—“ He laughed loudly. “Here comes Gabbie— my auntie— wit’ this huge— I’m talkin’…had to be feckin’…” He stretched his hands out, grinning widely. “…at least this big— here she comes wit’ a piece of paper that’s that big, and she gives me this comically large, polka-dotted pencil, looks me dead in the eyes, and tells me, ‘Sean, I told tha kids that ya’re doin’ portraits.’ And so I sat there fer a moment like…” He went quiet, folding his hands and staring straight ahead, then broke into laughter. “I sat there like t’at fer a moment like t’at, ’n I said, ‘What, Auntie?’…’Sean, ya’re drawin’ portraits of tha kids.’…’Sorry, what?’…’Well, are ya deaf, boyo? Ya’re drawin’ birthday portraits of the kids as a party favor.’”

He shook his head, laughing. “So there I am, wit’— ya know, I amn’t exactly an artis-tay, as they say in French circles. So I’m sittin’ there, drawin’ unattractive blobs with three too many eyes, two teeth in their head, and my auntie gives me a smack on the back of the neck and tells me that they’re tha ugliest thin’s that she’s ever sin— but the kids had tha worst reactions, ‘cuz she didn’t come over there ’til Carla— my Auntie Karen’s child— just feckin’ burst into tears.” He mimed streams coming down his face, laughing. “Just full on…bawlin’.”

Something clicked, and he turned back to the water gun as the timer turned on above it. “Anyway, yeah…I think that this might be a good way to vent t’at traumatic past’a mine,” he laughed, shaking his head. “T’at was tha pointa that.”

Before he could say much more, the thing buzzed, and the water guns started up.

“Shite,” he muttered beneath his breath as he struggled to maneuver the heavy gun up to the clown’s mouth.

He gave soft grunts of effort, sighing at his inability to maneuver the damn thing. The eleven-year-old looked like he was in the lead— his balloon was already half-inflated, and here Trevor was, hardly even able to hold the water gun in one place, much less in the right place.

He sucked at these games, really. Why’d he even suggested this?

A loud pop came from the eleven-year-old’s balloon, but the stream from the guns continued.

Looked like it wasn’t a raced against each other; it was a race against the clock.

One that Trevor was still going to lose.

By the time that the clock hit zero, he’d blown his balloon up a maximum of a fifth of the way, while many of the other balloons had burst.

“Shite,” he muttered, shaking his head and laughing softly at himself.

He really sucked at this.

Even so, he caught himself smiling.

Which wasn’t supposed to happen.

Well…

Yeah. No.

Weird.

He looked over at Ash, this time not looking away. “Good game,” he joked, standing up from the stool. “And ta think that tha timer went off when I was t’at close.”

fillerfillerfillflleierlerssdsdfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfilrfillerllerfillerfillfilr
... nickie abrams ...
MOOD

talking big shit for someone with literally no balls

fairgrounds

TAGS

adriane Winona Winona (too many people mentioned)

Nickie chomped at her pretzel as she listened to Adriane talk, trying to do so as delicately as possible and miserably failing. Listen, in her defense, how was one supposed to have delicately devoured a hard pretzel that one couldn’t just rip a piece off of? It wasn’t an easy thing to do. Besides, it was tasty, so it was pretty much worth it. She just hoped that she didn’t look as dumb as she felt.

She probably looked as dumb as she felt. Gah, was Adriane judging her? She lowered her pretzel as Adriane continued.

“You’re sooooo lucky that you get to graduate…school’s going to hell in a handbasket, and you get to get out of here before it goes to the fifth ring.” She hoped that she’d used that expression correctly. “Between that bitch, Tittypecs, Seb, Chas, Ronnie, Dei, Gen, Mike, Charlie…” She sighed. “All of the new kids, Liv, Rome, Cal, half of the cheer squad? This school is going to end up burning.” She rolled her eyes. “And what’s more, with the whole Evie situation— she acts like it’s no big deal, but you know sure as hell that if I was to pull some shit like this?” She laughed, shaking her head. “I would be burned at the stake.”

She scoffed, the temptation of the pretzel getting to her too much that she just ended up taking another bite of it. “I mean, honestly…Dei? Like, he cheated on Amy, but he’s a much better option than Tittypecs. Like, I’m not sure how much of a brain he has because he wanted to get with Evie— but blame that on his dick or whatever. He’s basically just a big one, anyway. I mean, Amy? Like…I get why he would cheat on her. Sure, she’s a total babe, but...like, seriously? A blank sheet of paper called; it wants its personality back.” She rolled her eyes.

Sure, she didn’t mean anything that she was saying. And? It was just idle chatter.

“Friday night was too crazy, anyway. Briar— that bitch. Fucking hate her. You know how Hunter and I are…like…ya know? She came up to him— and she fucking kissed him on his jaw like he wanted her to. What’s with girls who think that they own the whole fucking world? Like, no, I’m standing here talking to him. Just made out with him. Like…what the fuck?” She rolled her eyes again. “And— and, the worst of it? I think that Hunter wants to sleep with Ronnie. Like, I hope not, but I think so. I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised— he sleeps around a lot. I’m shocked that…he even talks with me, really. I feel like he’s hiding something from me. But…you know, whatever. Like you said, commitment is overrated or whatever. At least I can admit when I have feelings for people, you know?”

She took another bite of her pretzel. “And, on the subject of Ronnie— I think that I caught her making out with Zeph?” She laughed. “I know, I know, so dumb— like, I didn’t know that Zeph’s standards were rock bottom. Then again, I think that he’s been simping for her anyway. Like, he follows her everywhere, like some kind of creepy little dog with some fucking trauma because it has a dead mom. Bark, bark, I’m a simp for an ugly, petty ginger, let me hump her leg. I don’t see how the Stella bitch puts up with him. Then again, I’m pretty sure that she’s just as vapid as everyone else.”

She laughed, biting her pretzel again. “Ronnie was crying, too. Like, full on bawling. Snot and everything. Like a little girl. I think that that little Mike guy yelled at her or something. Serves her right for trying to talk to called for guys— but you know, making a little girl cry like that is a dick move. Like, she’s got such a fragile self-esteem that I’d be scared that she’d run crying to her mommy. If she has one. Though I don’t know. I mean, Mike’s his own can of horny ass worms. He’s def got mommy issues.” She sighed softly. “Whole mess. This whole thing is going to shit, ya know…”

MOOD: zoomin

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
@LowkeyLovingLoki (Seb)
geminiy geminiy (Charlie)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Chas Marino
Chas gently pushed Charlie's hand pack and shook his head "no." He forced a cheery chuckle, his impishly condescending gaze concealing the malicious, vengeful spirit within. "Keep the money. It's just my parents' money I'd spend anyway. We can afford to replace a tooth like 5000 times." The dark-haired boy flashed a toothy (or lack thereof) grin and pointed to the gap in his choppers. "Plus, I kinda rock the look."

Chas wiped his hand on the side of his pants while Charlie was busy hugging Seb. All the smiling and positive energy nearly made him physically. It's just a handshake. It's just a handshake. You're playing the long game, Chas, you've done it before. Get it together! "You're so tall, yet you have the presence of an ant," the snarky Italian teased, stifling his snickering.

"Whatever. He'll have funnel cake when I say he can," Chas drawled, rolling his eyes. He released his deadpan expression and let out another perfectly-timed laugh. Don't you tell me what to do, you classless rat. "I'll see you around, Charles," he purred, waving goodbye. Chas felt dirty being so cordial with the girl that had made a fool of him just a week ago. And, to make matters worse, she'd completely derailed the timing of Chas' fair date itinerary.

He whipped around to face Seb once again, pointing his index finger accusatorily to his face. "Don't you dare say anything." The stubborn boy crossed his arms and looked away, but he couldn't pout for long. Any longer, and all time he'd spent planning every detail of the night down to slightly suggestive insinuations would be wasted. "We're way behind schedule, let's go."

Chas grabbed Seb's hand and dragged him further into the fairgrounds, his walking speed slowly increasing. "If you're getting your funnel cake, we need to make it onto that big ol' spring ride in like... negative 30 seconds." He stopped and looked back at Seb again, then pointed up and down the boy's body. "You've got such long spider legs, walking fast should be so easy for you. Pick up the pace!"

In his high-strung insistence on adhering to the schedule, Chas had nearly broken into a jog. He would have to err on the side of caution if he didn't want to wrinkle his outfit too much. Ellie would surely notice... and judge him unfairly harshly for it. The brisk pace left Chas' loose pockets open and susceptible to letting things go, namely the sticky note itinerary Chas had copied from the computer. The small, excessively scribbled slip of paper holding hours of the uptight boy's work fluttered into the wind, leaving Chas utterly incognizant to the destruction of his rigid schedule.

code by valen t.
[/border]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back