• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here
Genevieve Johannes
Minnie’s arrival was somewhat helpful, though Gen knew she had this one handled. Little Saint Taylor. Did he think he was cool, waltzing around like he owned the place just because he had a habit of kissing Kordei’s feet? What was he supposed to be? Intimidating? Gen found herself laughing, genuinely laughing, at the boy’s facade. Without so much as acknowledging Minnie, Gen turned back to Saint. She took a few steps closer to him, closing every inch of space between them as much as she could until she was up in his face.

“Saint, darling, I didn’t want a fight with you. In fact, I think I have considerably better things to do with my time then try to convince you to stop burrowing yourself in Grant’s ass. Some people are just lost causes, now aren’t they?” Gen laughed, attempting to contain the glee sparkling in her eyes. “Babe, here’s the thing that you’re not quite understanding.”

Gen reached out, her fingertips brushing along Saint’s biceps as she glared down to him.

“I was simply sitting here, enjoying a nice cup of apple cider and the beautiful fall air when your skunk-ass rolled up stinkin up the entire place. Pro tip, if you want to seem intimidating, don’t smell like a walking-talking joint. It is truly unprofessional.” Gen giggled, her fingers still dancing on Saint’s arms.

“You’re the one wasting time, darling Saint. You showed up here feeling confident that you could get to me. Yet here you are, saying that I’m wasting your time. I don’t know what you were expecting, coming over here to grace me with your presence. Am I supposed to be scared? Last I checked, mindless drones like yourself really have no place saying anything. If Kordei had a problem with what I said, he could have come to me himself.” Gen continued, smiling sweetly down to Saint. Her hair spilled around her shoulders, masking her face to the rest of the fair, likely a good thing considering the dangerous look glinting through her seemingly friendly expression. “But here you are, writhing around like a poor helpless child who has been dared by their older sibling to touch an electric wire. How is it allowing Kordei to have you by the itty bitty balls, hmm? Must be entertaining and surely Grant enjoys having his little servant run around and do his dirty work for him. Saint, darling, allow me to make one thing fucking clear.”

Gen’s hands which had previously been on Saint’s biceps rolled up his arms, her touch gentle as her nails scraped softly against the fabric of his shirt. By the time she got to Saint’s shoulders, Gen began moving her hands across the front of his chest until she got to the collar of his shirt. In one smooth grip, Gen snatched the fabric and pulled Saint close, her right hand wrapped up in the fabric of his collar while the other was placed on her hip.

“It is almost cute, I think, how foolish you are to think I owe you or that waste of oxygen you call a friend space. Because I don’t. Trust me, babe, I am far from anything fucking holy, but it truly is a blessing that you think I’m goddess standard.” Gen laughed, her fist clutching the shirt still keeping Saint from moving. “It isn’t YOUR place to come over here and ruin my good mood by telling me I should apologize to that sorry sack of shit. I’m never, EVER going to apologize for being right. And if you think that cheating on a taken and innocent girl is wrong then maybe you should just go home and smoke yourself to death. Society doesn’t need any more womanizing pricks like Grant. You may think I’m all fun and games or a pushover or just some dumb hot girl that you see in your magazines but trust me when I say you’ve messed with the wrong person here today. Because if anyone is wasting time, it is you. And if you think this is me fighting you, oh darling Sainty, you’ve got another thing coming.”

Gen let go of Saint’s shirt with a shove of her palm against his chest. She wasn’t even angry yet, more like mildly annoyed at the presence of the little bitch who decided it was a good idea to ruin her sunlight and apple cider. Completely ignoring Saint, Gen then turned to Minnie and wrapped her up in a big hug.

“Minerva, darling, so wonderful to see you! How was the tour? I hope everything went well.” Gen spoke with a genuine kindness, any bitterness or anger previously dripping from her voice gone, as if the conversation had never happened. Looking over her shoulder, she made eye contact with Saint once again, shooing him away with a few flicks of her manicured hand.

“Go now, pet. I think I heard your master rattling his chain. Wouldn’t want to keep him waiting, now would we? The grown ups are talking.”

the fair

mood

ugh, why are you still here?

outfit

bad bitch contest, she's in first place

tags

saint ditto ditto
minnie sunshineysoul sunshineysoul
kordei (mentioned) fin fin
coded by natasha.

MOOD: ahhh. young love

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
ditto ditto (Mike)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Veronica Crosby
"Oh, you're such a jerk!" Ronnie chirruped playfully, giving Mike a jesting punch on his side, "Candy apples are, like, the one thing everyone has to get at the fair. It's, like, the law. I think everyone should get them when they go to the fair. Unless you're allergic to apples or something. Wait, are apple allergies even a thing? Well, anyway, they should let the first one be free for everyone. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for my ticket to make that happen. It'd be for the appley benefit of everyone. I mean, you paid for my ticket, but theoretically, I would definitely drop some cash to make free candy apples happen. And-"

Mike whisked her away toward the food stand while she clung onto his arm, looking around to see if anyone she knew could bear witness to the miracle that was Ronnie on a date with Michael flipping Reid. All the sweet, romantic comments Mike was making filled Ronnie with an extreme amount of joy, especially considering the had the upper hand in regards to morality. She could make Mike feel as bad as she wanted him to and, in return, he'd treat her like a queen. Ronnie wasn't a little kid anymore; she was experiencing a burgeoning love affair which could possibly rival all of the love stories and crimes of passion she'd heard from her own girlfriends.

She watched Mike fondly as he went to order the candy apple, her eyes fixated on his assets. She smoothly jerked her head upward when the taller boy turned around, goosebumps popping up left and right all over her body after another brief physical contact was made with their hands. She led her date to the nearest table, then leaned on his side once they'd sat down. Babe! I was waiting for him to say that!

The girl nearly chipped a tooth after jabbing them straight into the crunchy, red layer surrounding the apple. "Thanks a lot, it's really good!" she said between bites, holding the apple out to Mike with a warm smile, "You want some?" Choosing to eat a candy apple was also a strategic choice on Ronnie's part. She would have sweet, tasty breath for when the two lovebirds got to the good part, which even Mike himself seemed to be looking forward to based off of his comments.

Ronnie gazed at the fair lights and passerby couples, pleased that she finally had the privilege to call herself a part of a couple. Her eyes still fixated on the ferris wheel further into the fairgrounds, she expressed softly, "Thanks for bringing me here, Mikey. It had been a really bad week until you talked to me." It did get worse, of course, but there wasn't a chance in hell she was about to mention Zeph's altercation with her date and how the events surrounding that upset her. At the very least, she could throw the guy a bone with something lighthearted, however much of an ass she knew he was deep down. After all, he really was the only one making her happy in the moment.
code by valen t.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Adriane
INTERACTIONS

Nickie

MENTIONS

Rome, Gen, Evie

TAGS

ditto ditto

Adriane slid into the bench across from Nickie. She went to place her hands on the table, but a glance down at the table reminded her of just how... dirty public surfaces were, so she elected to fold her hands together and place them in her lap as her pale gaze shifted back to Nickie as she continued speaking about Rome.

A smile twitched as the corner of Adriane's mouth when Nickie did her best impression of Rome -- which, Adriane had to admit, wasn't half bad. Fairly accurate. Heck, it was so good that it even elicited a small laugh from Adriane which was probably the first time she'd legitimately laughed in... far too long. She didn't find a lot of things funny, alright? Or... sad or anything, really. Adriane was the definition of someone that controlled her emotions instead of allowing her emotions to control her.

Perhaps that was the part of the reason that, although a good majority of Hollywood Arts students might fear her or hate her, no one actively attacked her as they tended to do with Chas. Chas was an overemotional crybaby who threw tantrums like a toddler whenever he didn't get his way. Anyone could see that.

"Well, it wasn't the thing for public Twitter, I suppose." Adriane stated with a breathy sigh. "Not that I believe you deserved to have your head bitten off in the way that you did, but Chas didn't deserve it, either. No one on there deserves the wrath of Queen Gen and her bootlicking lackeys, and yet here we are. It's why I tend to stay off of Twitter."

She rolled her eyes and let out a small snort of disgust. "Speaking of lackeys, look who it is. Evie." Although Adriane technically didn't have anything against the other girl, it wasn't like she was a particularly big fan of her. "Evie's fashion choices look like something a five year old came up with when asked to draw something for, like, Ugly Sweater Day. Actually, I've known five year olds that could dress themselves better than she can." Adriane rolled her eyes again.

"Be glad you aren't in the same department with them. Between Evie and Gen, the plastics department feels as if you're constantly walking on broken glass and trying not to get hurt."

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

HAND OVER HAND

Seb wondered if it would be rude of him to ask Chas to never put him and Elliot in the same room ever again. He appreciated that Chas was making an effort, he truly did, but it was obvious that Ellie didn't like them. Why should they make each other uncomfortable? He just stood around awkwardly when Ellie was trying to... do whatever with his hand, until Chas was rushing him out of the flat. The entire car ride, Seb felt guilty - and simultaneously sick from Chas' driving. He replayed all of his and Ellie's interactions in his head in an effort to figure out where exactly he went wrong, but he couldn't think of anything. Maybe he was a dick, but in denial about it?

When they arrived at the fair, Seb's mood improved a little. He was happy to be there with Chas now, as his date, regardless of how uncomfortable he was in these clothes. Even thought he and Chas certainly hadn't spent a lot of time apart, they hadn't really gotten the chance to properly hang out since the homecoming game, which turned out to be all kinds of a disaster. He didn't even really get a chance to say goodbye to Ellie, because Chas was suddenly marching off. Seb mumbled a 'bye, thank you', then followed after his boyfriend, moving especially quickly once he caught sight of Charlie.

Luckily, Charlie seemed to be back to herself, so Seb wasn't worried about what she wanted. And then, when she spoke, he recalled that she had been wanting to apologise, and his mood was immediately improved. He smiled reassuringly at Charlie and gave her a subtle thumbs-up, watching Chas carefully once she'd finished speaking. He held his breath for a moment, but thankfully, Chas accepted her apology in his own Chas-like way.

Grinning, he moved into hug Charlie once her and Chas had finished with their handshake. It was a bit odd, since Seb was so much taller so his arms mostly just went around Charlie's shoulders, but it was nice. "Thank you, Charlie." He said softly, still smiling as he pulled back. "I really appreciate it. You have no idea."
Sebastian
MOOD: optimistic

OUTFIT: thx tou

INTERACTIONS: hery hery toucant toucant geminiy geminiy

code by valen t.

Last edited:

fillerfillerfillflleierlerssdsdfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfilrfillerllerfillerfillfilr
... nickie abrams ...
MOOD

biiiiiiiiiiiiiitching

fairgrounds; parking lot

TAGS

adriane Winona Winona (evie and nate mentioned jasmyn jasmyn )

Adriane hadn’t any bounds in her bitching. It was astounding, really. Amazing. She’d come for Gen, and then she’d come for Evie, like she wasn’t scared of anyone overhearing or anything. Like, could she win a Nobel Peace Prize for Outstanding Bitchiness or something?

Or maybe a gold medal or something? Could she contact the United States government for a meeting with the president, where they’d shake her hand, and she’d look them dead in the face, hurl an insult, and then take her prize with a proud smile? It would be so cinematic.

If they didn’t give award like that, they should. The channels who broadcasted that would have super high ratings, rake in bank.

Nickie should really go into advertising or something. Was that was advertisers did? Advertise large events until they finally got enough money to pay for it?

Whatever.

Nickie listened to Adriane intently, fawning inwardly over how cool the girl was, nodding her head and giving the occasional uh huh, even though she didn’t agree with anything that Adriane was saying besides the fact that she didn’t deserve to be attacked and neither did Chas— though that much should have been obvious to anyone.

“Evie…omifuckinggod, what is that getup?” Nickie said, though she saw no problem with Evie’s outfit beyond the fact that it was an outfit that was on Evie. She turned up her nose. “How can she let herself get out and about looking like that? Hello? Did no one look at her and tell her that she looked like she raided the back, back room of a Goodwill and rifled through the racks until she found the most godawful outfit that even a one-toothed, half-blind hick would vomit at the sight of?”

She rolled her eyes. “Omigod, I’m sooo glad that I don’t have to deal with her on a daily basis— the few times I talk to her now are more than plenty. It’s, like, military grade torture, even being around her. You’ve got my sympathy, ugh.”

Nickie looked at her figure as it retreated. “She’s with that Nate guy. Like, I get that his pecs are so big that it looks like he has double ds, but, like? Like, it’s not that I wouldn’t’ve spent a night with him before Evie had come along or anything, but, like?"

She scoffed, looking back at Adriane. "Now that Evie has come along, she acts like she owns him? Like, what the fuck? Are they dating or something? I don’t buy the whole ohhh, noooo, we’re just caaaaasual hookups— like, bitch? Casual hookups don’t go on dates.” She rolled her eyes. “Or act like they’re attached at the hip…”

She sighed. “Ugh, and then there’s that whole thing with Dei— like, what the hell? Is she still hung up on him? They’re over with.”

Here, a bit of bitterness leaked out. She still had a bit of soreness when it came to even thinking about Dei’s name— though there were totally no hard feelings, because, at the end of the day, they had only talked.

Seriously.

And then he got involved with Evie.

Ew.

Whatever.

“I don’t fucking get that— girls who stay hung up on their exes…like, bitch? You broke up with them— or, like, you’re separated. It’s your problem. Build a bridge and get over it.” She rolled her eyes. “She needs to deal.”

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Zephyr
INTERACTIONS

Stella, Alex, Naomi

MENTIONS

Ronnie and ewww Mike

Alex was the first to arrive, and sure, he was a little nervous at first -- but she was the same ol' Alex, and the nerves soon faded as the two of them just started talking about anything and everything. Random stuff, mostly, and Zeph had to admit that he zoned out more than once in the middle of the conversation with Alex. Maybe he shouldn't have come here to the fair, because sure, he could say that he was over the whole situation with Ronnie, but... at the same time...

He really didn't want to risk seeing her... with Mike, who could easily be considered the biggest asshole at this school...

And the reason his nose was still a little sore.

Alex's elbow jutting into his side brought Zeph back out of his reverie for a moment and he looked down at her, an easy grin on his face. It may have been a little forced, but that was beside the point. "Yeah, yeah, of course I'm listening. You're talking about uhhh...." he trailed off when he realized that he did not, in fact, know what she was talking about, and instead he just let out a small chuckle.

Thankfully, Naomi came up -- but that also just earned Zeph another elbow in the side that cut off his greeting, and he shot a small glare at Alex before looking back at the other girl with a warm smile. "Hey, Naomi," he said, but before conversation could continue too much, Stella came bounding up and he couldn't have been more thankful.

"Stella, glad to see you." Zeph said, his smile growing wider at the sight of one of his best friends.

And then Alex tried to get the conversation going by talking about the weather, and his smile faltered for a moment as he looked down at her, eyebrows creased together in an expression of what the hell? Is that the best you can do?

"Yeah, the weather's super nice. Really... perfect for the fair. What are you all looking forward to the most? Teacups or the funnel cakes?"

See, Alex, that was how you did it.

MOOD: trying to not be bummed out

OUTFIT: yessir

basics
MENTIONS: kane, javi, nate, evie, gen

INT: none
tags
TL;DR gus feels unloved, but he loves burgers n fries
tl;dr
augustus
you know they say that i am better now
Gus really didn't want to go to the fair. not alone, that is. but he had done everything in preparation for said fair. he showered, he got dressed, he put on a nice outfit and even splashed on some of his favorite cologne. he couldn't let all of this go to waste. but he wished he didn't care enough to let it go to waste. he didn't want to run into anyone. not kane, not nate, he barely wanted to even run into gen. but before his mississippi trip and before kane almost outed him and nate, he was looking forward to the fair. he just had to find that same excitement... somehow.
there stood gus, at the entrance of the fair, still trying to find that excitement he once had. he hadn't found it yet, but he couldn't stand outside looking like an idiot for this long; he knew people would be looking at him already, he didn't want to add on to the judgemental comments. he just hoped and prayed that no one would ask him about the debacle that he and kane got into. his biggest goal was to avoid kane and any of his cuddle buddies that might be there.
gus cared for kane, truly. he felt for him when he opened up about his feelings for jace, and he related with his feelings toward nate. however, while kane was trying to get into a romantic relationship with someone that didn't even care about him, gus was just wanting his roommate/ secret fuck buddy to care about him. yeah sure, maybe at one point and time, gus had romantic feelings toward nate and yeah okay, maybe he wanted them to end up together at one point in time. but the more he saw nate and evie flirt on twitter, and the more he watched them interact, he knew it would never happen. but he never thought nate would just not care about him.
and then kane. gus was furious at kane, and he didn't want to deal with him while he was in whatever mood he was in. it irritated gus more than words could express seeing him publicly flirt and invite all these guys back to his place. it was probably because gus was already so fed up with kane. not only did gus offer to be kane's new friend instead of jace, gus was secretly completely ready to provide kane with his firsts of whatever he wanted. weed? yes. kiss? you betcha. sex? more than willing. but kane didn't care. kane dared call gus a liar on the public twitter, over the dumbest argument gus had ever partaken in. but it was enough to set him off.
so yeah, gus was trying to avoid the lot of the kane babysitting squad; kane, javi, kai, and anyone else associated with them. part of his anger was even directed towards the other students. all so incredibly willing to go to kane's house and make sure he was okay and where were his friends ? he had two people only offer to go get fucked up on the hollywood sign, and he was convinced it was only because of the drugs, not because of him. gus was tired and angry, and it only got worse the more he thought about it.
so he stopped. he followed his nose to the booth selling burgers and fries. gus loved burgers and fries, his ultimate guilty pleasure and comfort food as a model. he knew he was supposed to keep a good physique, which he prided himself in, but he knew that every now and then. as he got the food in his hand, he remembered he hadn't been working out for a week and almost gave the food away. however, he also remembered how he hadn't really eaten anything over the past week, and his stomach was screaming at him. so he found an empty table, sat down, and treated himself to the fair burger and fries.
code by valen t.

OUTFIT: xoxo
basics

idk anymore

mentions

nate Winona Winona
interactions
Evelyn Sinclaire
evie ~ eighteen ~ senior ~ plastics; fashion
Hearing Nate complain about Lin and Ash being like kids made Evie laugh but he wasn't wrong. I mean, those two had been nothing short of a pain in the ass and she was glad to have gotten through it. Thankfully not alone. Evelyn couldn’t help but be curious about why Nate had actually agreed to come over as early as he had but she wasn’t going to question it out loud. Instead she just thanked him, smirking when he commented about Lin again. "Right?! He is such a damn chatterbox. I never realized how much he talks. I mean, seriously? The Fashion Fleet? I can’t-“ she shook her head, speaking through her laughter.

Taking the items from his hands she sparked up the joint and took a drag as the pair searched for the taco stand that she'd sworn was their last year. Before she could respond to his offer to buy the food, he spoke up again and his words honestly caught her off guard. You look really good tonight. It wasn't like when they would compliment each other on Twitter or something. It was genuine without even a subtle hint of flirt behind it. "You think so? I mean, thanks," she couldn't help the smile that tugged at her lips for a moment, her gaze briefly meeting his.

Oh no. Did this just get weird? No, no. It's fine. Friends could tell you that you looked good. Gen did it all the time. This totally wasn't any different... Why was she getting all flustered over a damn compliment like this was middle school and he was her crush or something anyway? "You don't look so bad yourself," she said, nudging him playfully. So original, Evie.

She handed the blunt off to him just as they finally neared the taco stand and ordered their food. So what? One semi-weird moment didn't mean anything. This wasn't date-y. They were two friends enjoying a fall fair together. But as Nate paid it was starting to feel more and more date-like. Jesus. Maybe they should've come in a group. When they sat down and Evie put her phone down on the table, looking down when it lit up and Ellie's name flashed across the screen. "Pretty sure Ellie is getting wasted again. Ten bucks says I'll end up having to take him home later," she rolled her eyes.

"Hey, were you serious about painting me for the Arts Festival? You don't actually have to. I know that the festival is a huge deal," her accent peeked though slightly as she spoke. Here she was trying to ignore the Twitter drama and instead landing herself in another possibly awkward conversation. "I mean, not that I mind if you do but I was just messing around, you know? I don't want you to feel obligated or anything," she added.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: fuck if I know

OUTFIT: XoXo

basics
MENTIONS:
Ash ( Winona Winona ) Javi ( hery hery ) Trevor ( ditto ditto )
INT:
Ellie ( toucant toucant )
tags
TL;DR Nic doesn’t know whether to beat the shit out of Ellie or kiss him
tl;dr
Nic Thompson
God I hate it here. Right? Okay so maybe I don’t.

The fair was bullshit. Why Nic was going was beyond him, and yet here he was, hastily throwing on clothes so he could be at his friends’ beck and call. Backup date to both Charlie and Ash, and now mischief maker with Ellie. If someone had told him a week ago he’d be in this position today he would have laughed in their face. And then he would have beat the shit out of them just to prove a point. (Okay he would not have beat up Charlie or Ash, just to clarify). Now, he merely felt resigned, if not happy that he had people who wanted to hang out with him.

Currently, he stood in front of his mirror, appreciating the outfit he had put together. It was simple, but he looked good in it. Really good. A jean jacket, a white t-shirt and jeans, paired with a pair of sunglasses had him looking like he was straight from a fifties movie. A fifties movie with a really good looking cast. Grinning at his reflection, Nic grabbed his keys and strode out of his apartment, stooping down to pat Hugh on the head before closing the door behind him.

As he entered the parking lot, he glanced longingly at his motorcycle before hopping into his car. He preferred to drive the bike, but if Ellie wanted to get fucked up and then crash at his place after, the car would have to do. No way was he hauling a drunken Ellie onto the bike and praying he didn’t topple over. Nic stuck the key in the ignition, unable to keep a grin from his face as the motor roared to life, settling with a satisfying purr. Okay so maybe taking the car wasn’t such a bad thing.

The ride to the fair wasn’t long, but it gave him ample time to get his thoughts all sorted out. Or, really, as sorted out as they could be, given that he had no clue what was going on in his own head. Or why his thoughts needed sorting. Because, for once in his life, everything was so blissfully uncomplicated. He knew where he stood with everyone. Except Ash, and that was a whole other ball park.

They had had fun on their little “date” on Tuesday, and she had seemed like she’d had a good time. But, to be honest, who wouldn’t have a good time baking cookies? Okay so maybe baking was an overstatement. They had ended up having a flour fight, effectively burning the cookies and making his apartment look like a really shitty trap house. But it felt good, to have someone there, to save him from his own tumultuous thoughts and feelings. Even if some of those thoughts and feelings were her fault. Afterwards, before he’d brought her home, she made it clear that their hanging out was not, in fact, a date. Regardless, it had still felt like one.

And wouldn’t he like another one. None of that mattered, of course, since she was going on that blind date with Trevor fucking McIrish, a guy who was all but made for her. Nic stood no chance in hell. Not that he should care, right? It was impossible to catch feelings after one week. Wasn’t it?

It was, he decided, as he pulled into the parking lot of the fair, parking as close to the entrance as possible. If he had feelings for Ash he wouldn’t have fucked Ellie. Multiple times. Right? Fuck if he knew anymore. These were the exact thoughts he was supposed to get sorted during the car ride, not while he was at the fair. Nic sighed and stepped out of his car, locking it with a beep behind him as he strode towards the mostly empty line at the front. No more of that bullshit. He was there to have a good time, not to contemplate something as complicated as the advanced physics course he was taking.

Paying the entrance fee was the easy part. He simply handed the lady in the booth his money and he was waved through, into the fair itself. He sent a silent prayer to the gods that there would be no clowns here. He hated clowns. People he knew vaguely from Twitter or some of his classes milled about, chatting, laughing, flirting with one another. But there was no sign of Ellie. Where the hell was he? Nic pulled out his phone to shoot his friend a quick text, only to find him arguing with Gen. He let out an audible groan, and concerned stares flicked in his direction. Ellie I stg I am going to kick your ass when I find you. Where are you? He typed into the Twitter chat.

He waited the few minutes it took for the boy to respond and for the whole argument between him and Gen die down before heading towards where Ellie said he would be—a diner booth at the back of the fair. Lucky was currently blowing up his phone, asking to drive both him and Ellie home, effectively putting Nic in a worse mood than he was already in. Is that all his friends were good for? Pissing him off? That was probably why he didn’t usually bother with people. Fuck them for worming their way into his heart. Fuck them for making him care, something he hadn’t done in years.

Nic finally approached Ellie, exactly where his friend said he’d be, sliding onto the stool next to him. He smacked him in the back of the head before taking the offered flask, taking a long sip before simply holding it in is hands.

“Hey baby, did you miss me?” He said with a wink, before taking another sip. They sat for a few minutes in peace before Nic decided to bombard his friend with the questions he was dying to ask.

“What’s up with you today, Ellie?” He demanded, looking at his friend out of the corner of his eye. “And don’t tell me it’s nothing because I know that’s bullshit,” he added, turning to fully face him now. “So spill, or I beat the shit out of you and drink the rest of this,” Nic finished, waving the flask in front of Ellie’s face.

While he waited for him to talk, Nic placed his phone on the counter in front of him, content to merely watch the chat. Even if the talk of cuddling and whatever the fuck else Kane was talking about made him uncomfortable. He sat, watching until Javier said he’d come to see them, effectively peaking his interest. The boy was in several of his music classes, and god he was attractive. Even if he seemed to be at bitch boy baby Kane’s beck and call. Then again, Kane was hot too, so he could see why.

Ellie, of course, true to his nature decided to take the whole interaction a bit further and mention the fact that he and Nic had hooked up. And then made plans for them both to hook up with Javier. What the fuck was happening? He was down, of course, but making plans in a public Twitter chat was not what he wanted to be doing right now.

Sighing, Nic scooted a bit closer to Ellie, putting his phone down. “You’ve procrastinated long enough. Now answer the fucking question, dickwad.”
code by valen t.

MOOD: awe man this is awkward

OUTFIT: XoXo

basics
MENTIONS:
Javi ( hery hery ) Mariana ( jasmyn jasmyn )
INT:
Kai ( elaaraa elaaraa )
tags
TL;DR Kane wants to kiss Kai, but won’t so now he’s stuttering.
tl;dr
Kane Blackmore
Oh god kiss me before I embarrass myself any more.

Kane smiled down at his phone as Kai responded, not expecting to have received the response that he had. When his friend had gone back to the UK last year, they had stopped speaking. Kane hadn’t realized just how much he’d missed his friend until the other morning. After their kiss. It was his first, not that he would ever admit it. And it was nice. Really nice. And as Kai approached him now, Kane kind of wanted to kiss him again. He wouldn’t, of course, but he certainly wouldn’t object to being kissed either.

Kai came to a stop before Kane, and a smile lit up his face as he took his friend in. “Hey Kai, babe. I missed you. And yes, before you say it, I know you were just over on Tuesday with Amy for dinner. It doesn’t matter. I still missed you,” he said, unsure of what to do with his hands. He settled on shoving his freezing fingers into his pockets, but even that felt awkward. “It’s really cold out here, huh? I know it’s only October but it feels like winter already,” he added, cursing himself for rambling. Why was he suddenly feeling so awkward?

He knew what he felt for Kai was more than just mere friendship, but he certainly didn’t have a name for it. Around his friend Kane felt safe, like all was right in the world. He didn’t know if his feelings were romantic, but Kane didn’t know much anymore. What he did know, however, was that Kai liked Mariana. He hadn’t been told so, but it was evident in the way he sometimes caught him staring at the girl. In the way that Kai’s face lit up whenever he received a text from her. If only someone would react to Kane in that way.

Kane had never dated, had never even been kissed until this past Monday. Since then, of course, he had gotten far more than his fair share of cheeky smooches from Javier. He’d always been the “kid” of the group, and he hated it. Sure, he was nice and liked simple things like cuddling and candy and cartoons, but he didn’t get was he was constantly being looked down upon. Wasn’t this better than the alternative? He could be the raging asshole some people tended to be when put in his posisition. But he wasn’t, and because of it he’d never had much opportunity for things of the romantic sort.

“I...uh...well I’m not sure what I’m trying to say, Kai. I sound like a bumbling idiot. Maybe I’ve had too much caffeine?” Kane continued, stumbling over his words. Yes, good one Kane. Blame your incompetence on caffeine when Kai knows you don’t drink coffee. Or tea. Or anything that has caffeine in it.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfilslsderlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfisdsdllerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
... michael reid ...
MOOD

considering...his options.

fairgrounds

TAGS

ronnie hery hery

When the ruddy runt leaned against him, Michael really considered pushing her off of him, standing up, and announcing to those around him that he was not, in fact, some kind of weird, nearly-adult who liked to take advantage of situations with naïve girls just because he was hot, because he knew how this surely looked. Any passerby who didn’t know him would give him a weird look; any passerby who did know him would scoff and snicker, because omg, Man-Whore Mike is out on a date with a child.

Still, he didn’t push her off, and he didn’t move or even act like he wasn’t enjoying this, because, on behalf of his fucking conscience, he couldn’t.

Again, fuck him for being such a good guy.

The girl beside him held out the apple to him, and he could see her slobber glistening off of the spots near the apple.

He considered being a total jackass, snatching the apple and scarfing it down, but he, instead, forced a grin. “Nah. More for you. Apples give me heartburn,” he lied with a laugh.

“Thanks for bringing me here, Mikey. It had been a really bad week until you talked to me."

That caught him off-guard, and something in him squished, making him feel nauseated. She was thanking him? Why did that almost make him laugh?

That was cute, in such a sad way. She obviously didn’t know what he’d been thinking the whole time, and she obviously didn’t know what he’d thought when he’d asked her out. Naïveté at its finest and Mike’s genius plans at their finest were a weird mix.

“You’re…welcome,” he said, eyeing her. He studied her face, the sympathy that he felt for her making him feel nauseous. “We all gotta have somethin’ fun sometimes to let us get it all out, ya know?” He brushed a hair from her face, taking the opportunity to move away. “I’m glad that I brought you here, yeah,” he lied. “We’ve got a long night ahead of us, ya know. Plenty of fun to be had.” He looked over at her with a forced grin and a wink. “All kinds of fun, I’m sure.”

Plenty of fun for you to have, plenty of torture for me.

He was disgusting.

As he watched Ronnie finish the last of her apple, a thought popped into his head.

I could leave her.

He was about to brush it away, but the thought dug deeper.

I could leave her. She’s already thanked me for the night. I’ve made her happy enough by showing up. Why not ditch her? What, is this not enough to satisfy your guiltiness?

Was it?

He looked over at her, his brows momentarily crushing together in pity. Fuck, she was pitiful. And desperate. And she looked happy with it regardless.

Letting pity walk all over him was so out of character for him. What, so he felt sorry for her? So?

There was that guilt, though, that had inexplicably come up that was forcing him to reconsider.

He really wanted to ditch her. Fuck it, he hadn't wanted to come in the first place, and here he was, having been thanked for the evening already. His work was done. He could give her the slip and make out of there like a bandit, having gotten his un-guiltiness from it and having let her have gotten the satisfaction of thinking that he was actually interested in her. He was good at evasion, and he had a ton of idea of how to get out.

As he eyed her, he realized, though; he couldn’t right now.

He’d feel too bad right now.

Her eyes were too happy. Seeing them falter would make him feel all guilty again. Besides, it would be kind of sudden.

He'd have to find a better opportunity.

He'd be looking.

He pushed up from the table. “Veronica, babe,” he said, putting an arm around her as she found her way to him. “You tell me— where to next?”

Last edited:
Jace
INTERACTIONS

Lucky ugh

MENTIONS

N/A

Lucky, Lucky...

It was ringing a faint bell somewhere in the back of Jace's memory, and he narrowed his eyes slightly as he tried to place it. The name was vaguely familiar and his face was kind of familiar. Chances are, they had run into each on Twitter, but Jace tended to void any memory of others on that stupid app. Most bad things that heightened the beating of his heart or made his brain start swimming tended to just... disappear from his memory. Like, for instance, he could vaguely recall arguing with Gen on Twitter -- but what she said and what had started it was fuzzy, and that was probably for the best.

Chances were, any interactions with Lucky on that app had been turn to fog. And, well, as far as seeing him around the school? Jace didn't notice his classmates. He kept to himself. Head down, earbuds in. In case it wasn't obvious before, Jace didn't speak well, so it was just easier to stick to himself and throw himself into his music.

So the instant that Lucky mentioned wanting Jace for a favor -- a favor that involved the showcase and music, Jace was instantly more invested. His hunched shoulders untensed, his knitted eyebrows and narrowed eyes relaxed, and an easy smile even made it onto Jace's face because, yeah, if there was one thing that could relax Jace and he could talk about for hours on end without growing bored?

Music.

"I was uhh... going to do it... by myself," the stutter had dissipated for the most part, but he still halted between words. His thoughts were trying to piece together exactly what to say, so he shifted his gaze away from Lucky for a moment -- back to the funnel cake cart -- while he thought it over. The pros and cons of working with Lucky, that is.

Pros: he got to go on stage twice -- he could do his solo and help Lucky, which would really prove to everyone that he could do, well, almost anything. That he could work with others or whatever it was they were trying to prove. Plus more stage time? Jace lived to be on the stage and hear people screaming at him.

Cons: he had to work with another person.

It was really neck and neck.

Jace looked back at Lucky, his decision still mostly undecided, until Lucky offered the funnel cake.

Well, Jace couldn't turn down free food -- especially when that free food would mean he didn't have to wait in line or do the talking to the concession stand lady.

"Alright, you got yourself a deal." Jace stated but he wasn't quite done talking yet. I know, what a surprise. Jace, wanting to keep talking? Well, look, he had important things to ask. Things he was curious about. "Gotta know, though, uhh... why not ask someone else...? Like a friend or something. I know I sound fucking amazing, but... wouldn't you rather work with someone you know...?"

It was a fair question.

MOOD: a mixed marble bag of emotions

OUTFIT: kai's fall fair 'fit

basics
MENTIONS:
Jordan ( fin fin ), Kane ( Kio.exe Kio.exe ), Javier ( hery hery ), Genevieve ( geminiy geminiy )

INT:
Jordan ( fin fin ), Kane ( Kio.exe Kio.exe )
tags
TL;DR kai is simping for Kane.
tl;dr
Malachi Deavan
take my hands now,
you are the cause of my euphoria.

I’ll be back in a second. I’m going to grab Kane; I think he’s by the front.” He said to Jordie, giving the other a pat on the shoulder before quickly scurrying off to find Kane. It seemed that both his friends needed him at this point. And whilst Jordie definitely needed someone to keep all the drama and gossip cooled down for the night, Kai was sure that Jordie had it within him to not fuck up whilst he was alone. Or at least Kai hoped. God forbid he text anything stupid to Gen again.

Gen.

Kai wanted to slap his forehead when Jordie finally relented and told Kai about the fight. He was friends with both of them. And though he was naturally closer to Jordie – he could admit when the other was being a straight up idiot. He could only imagine how Gen must have felt. An icy spike by the name of J.J. piercing through hers and Jordie’s friendship – a friendship which had endured a lot longer than Jordie’s relationship with J.J. He wanted to message her; see how she was. But she was Gen – she didn’t do sympathy. Even in the midst of a fight, she would leave with her head held high.

He went from walking to a quick jog. Peeking through numerous faces that had just arrived. It seemed like the fair was getting filled pretty quickly, like the entire student population decided now was a great time to arrive. Still, Kai was sure than Kane would stick out like a sore thumb. For someone who was in the music department, Kai was sure that Kane would have gone through easily sailing in plastics. It was like he was made for it, effortlessly. It made Kai look at him in admiration. Kai wasn’t blind and he had an admiration for beauty. He gave a beaming smile upon seeing the other at the front, waving before finally reaching him after all this time.

You took the words right out of my mouth.” He spoke. He wanted to wrap his arms around the other, hug him for a while. And maybe Kai was trying to justify in his head that it was for the warmth – that it was chilly outside and Kane was a warm and friendly body. But there was a deeper feeling in his stomach. A feeling that was screaming at him to stop lying to himself. And besides, he could never reduce Kane down to that. Kane was everything and a lot more than that. “I mean it’s cold for you, Chicago baby.” he teased chuckling to himself, before he stretched out his hand to pinch Kane’s cheek. “Mate, you go out in this whether in England and men already have their shirts off.

But after realising the words that left Kane’s mouth, he quickly took off his jacket, black, puffy and warm before placing it on Kane’s shoulders. He smiled at Kane before speaking, “I don’t know how much that’ll help but it’s fleece lined on the inside.” He looked cute like this, all wrapped up, warm and cosy. He didn’t know why but it made his heart feel more at peace.

He sat on a railing that was next to them before looking up and seeing Kane talk. Eventually all the surrounding noise drowned out. He could see Kane’s lips move but words weren’t necessarily coming to his ears. It was like a camera in focus – the only thing in his vision right now was the other talking.

It was cute.

Seeing the way in which the other rambled. It was kind of like this on the night where Kane got drunk. Rambling about anything and everything. Perhaps letting secrets slip that were all too private for someone like Kai to hear. But whatever happened there was between them and it was between the two of them on that night. A night Kai tucks into his pocket of memories that he holds close to him.

He finally tuned in again when he heard Kane call himself an idiot – blaming it on the caffeine. Kane didn’t drink coffee, or tea or energy drinks for that matter. Unless it was drinking, and they were mixing Jägermeister and Redbull. A frown decorated his features further as he heard Kane call himself that. Recently, he’d been getting an all too self-deprecating feel from the other. And whilst one may think that he was joking, and maybe they were jokes, it’s a fine line between real thoughts and humour. There was always some form of truth in jest and Kai had enough of hearing Kane talk about himself like this. The truth was that they lived in a world that wanted to harden them before they were even adults. And maybe the world succeeded for most people, but Kai always felt a glimmer of hope seeing Kane talk.

Still, he let Kane believe that Kai believed in the lie for a minute. It was better than shaming him for something out of his control.

Well, caffeine is never good on an empty stomach.” He stated as he got up from the railing. He took Kane’s hand into his own before shoving them into the pocket of Kai’s jacket, which Kane was now wearing. “Tell you what, I was going to get some apple cider anyway. You up for getting something to eat?” He smiled as he started to walk already – making it clear that he was not going to take no for an answer. They had a lot here. Candy apples, apple cider, pumpkin pie, hot chocolate, etc. He wondered if they had those mini pancakes that they drizzled chocolate all over. “We also need to go to the pumpkin patch later. It’s basically tradition at this point.

As they were walking Kai just had to enquire further. “So, Javier as a housemate, huh?” he said, cocking his head to the side in curiosity. “Must say, it’s not the weirdest crossover that I’ve seen in HA history.” Kai didn’t even know where his friendship with Javier even came from. It was weird. He didn’t even know that the guy had any relation to Kane either. All Kai remembers was arguing with the guy on twitter for what he did to Nate, the whole spitting incident. Next thing he remembers, they’re both in a car driving to Kane’s house out of concern for Kane. So technically, Kane brought Kai and Javier together. Well, he couldn’t say that it had been a bad experience, he actually enjoyed said males’ company – though he would never admit it out loud.

code by valen t.

Charlie Howell
To say that Charlie was surprised by Chas accepting her apology would be an understatement. To be honest, she was floored by how willing he seemed to accept her words, part of her remaining uneasy as he spoke. It was as if she was waiting for the hammer to drop or for the lighting to strike. But no blow ever came. Instead, he was almost… Nice? Well, not exactly the type of nice you’d expect, but nice enough for Chas.

“I don’t blame you, I wouldn’t be my biggest fan either.” Charlie laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck. Reaching into her pocket, Charlie pulled out a thin slip of paper, placing it into Chas’ hand. A cheque for $500 even. “Look, it's not much, but it really is all I have. If it costs anything more, send me the bill and I’ll figure it out or whatever. I just…”

Charlie trailed off but before she could finish speaking, Seb was pulling her into a tight hug. A gentle laugh erupted from Charlie’s chest as she wrapped her arms around Seb’s abdomen. A weight had been lifted from her shoulders, even if she was still uncertain as to why Chas was accepting her apology. As Seb released her from his hug, Charlie turned to Chas and his outreached hand, carefully taking it firmly in hers and giving it a shake.

“Thanks again, Chas. You didn’t have to accept my apology, but I’m glad you did.” Charlie said, a genuine smile on her face. Dropping Chas’ hand, Charlie looked back to Seb. “Well, I’ve gotta get going, dates and stuff to attend to. You two have fun at the fair and make sure to buy Seb some of that funnel cake. See ya!”

With a wink to Chas and a wave to Seb, Charlie turned around. Checking the time on her phone, Charlie groaned. Fuck, she was late, late, to her very important date. Suddenly, she understood what the White Rabbit felt in Alice and Wonderland, semi-jogging through the fairgrounds in search for Trevor. Where the hell was he?

Charlie was far from nervous about the whole affair. She had been that morning, fussing about what she looked like and how she was going to introduce herself and if she was going to like this mystery guy. But what was the point? She wasn’t gonna like him anyways. In fact, most of the date would probably be spent worrying about Ash and Trevor or Lin and his mystery girl. By the end of the night, if she wasn’t ditched, Charlie was going to be surprised.

“There you are!” Charlie called out, spotting Trevor sitting with Amy and… Fuck, Elias. What the hell was he doing there? Charlie’s fingertips grew cold, her mouth running dry. No, now was not the time to panic. Marching right up to Trevor, she threw on her best concerned face and grabbed Trevor’s hands. “Dude, I need your help. There’s this creep that I think has been following me and I need someone to fake be my boyfriend or whatever. I’m meeting up with some friends so like you can come back here after or whatever, I just don’t wanna walk alone.”

Charlie gave Trevor little time to think, instead pulling him away from the group, looping her arm through his. With one look to Amy, she gave her a playful wink. Everything was going perfectly according to plan. Trevor wouldn’t say no to Charlie’s request, his big brother instincts kicking in over his logic.

“You look nice tonight.” Charlie complimented sweetly, pulling him along as she walked quickly through the fairgrounds. The compliment was true, he did look slightly more put together than normal. The anxiety returned once again as her brain fully recognized what was going to be happening. Charlie wasn’t worried about her own date, she was more worried about Trevor and Ash. Were they going to be mad at her? Probably.

The two walked through the fairgrounds, Charlie’s arm still looped through Trevor’s as she pulled him along. Past the main part of the fair, the gardens sat. They looked extra pretty in fall, the leaves on the trees changing colour slightly, the shrubbery carefully trimmed. Fall coloured flowers had been planted, offsetting all the green with beautiful hues of orange and yellow and red. In the distance, she could hear the flow of the water from the central fountain: their meetup point.

Charlie turned to Trevor, reaching up to fix his hair slightly before dragging him on and down a few stone stairs. Ash and Lin came into view, the pair standing quietly by the fountain. Charlie’s eyebrows knit together in confusion. What the hell? There should be four people there, not two! She stopped in her tracks, looking around for any sign of their dates but sighing when she found nothing. Maybe Ash was looking for that more dramatic reveal.

Leading Trevor down the remaining few stairs to the fountain, Charlie forced a grin into her face.

“Hey! Sorry I’m late, I had to talk to Seb and Chas before I got here.” Charlie explained, her grip on Trevor’s arm loosening slightly but not fully letting go. She couldn’t have him running off if he figured out what was happening. “You two look lovely, Evie did a great job.”

Charlie fell silent for a moment, taking in a deep breath. Well, moment of truth.

“Ash, meet your date: Trevor Callaghan. Literature extraordinaire. Enjoys long sunset walks down the street to the burger joint, loves his family, and is possibly Hollywood Arts’ most eligible bachelor.” Charlie rushed, quickly moving behind Trevor to give him a gentle push towards Ash. “Now, uh, where are our dates? We’re wasting daylight and I’ve got a bet to win.”

Charlie tried to hide the grimace on her face, her mind silently pleading ‘please don’t hate me’. Well, what was done was done. Now all she could hope was that they would get along and she didn’t just piss off two of her best friends for nothing.

the gardens

mood

omg pls don't hate me

outfit

autumn vibes

tags

seb LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki
chas hery hery
amy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
trevor/lin ditto ditto
ash Winona Winona
coded by natasha.

Ash West
INTERACTIONS

Trevor, Lin, Charlie

MENTIONS

N/A

Charlie was definitely taking her sweet time in making her way to their meeting spot, but Ash didn't really mind. It was kind of nice to just relax with Lin and talk about whatever came to mind. Plus, the poor guy probably needed the extra time to work through whatever nerves he was feeling about knowing he was about to go on a date.

Eventually, Charlie came into view and a smile widened on Ash's face. She pushed away from the fountain, taking a couple steps forward. Her smile faltered momentarily when she saw who Charlie had with her, her eyebrows creasing together in confusion... because why, why, WHY would Charlie be bringing Trevor to this date thing. To, like, supervise or something? No, no, no, that didn't make any sense and--

No.

Nonononono.

It clicked in Ash's brain as Charlie got to them and then she started speaking and all of Ash's fears were realized as Charlie presented Trevor and shoved him towards her.

Ash kept her gaze diverted from Trevor -- instead, her pale eyes were glaring at Charlie. Was she angry? Absolutely. This blind date was supposed to solve all of her problems -- her Trevor problems. Sticking him with her for an entire night, however? Not exactly helping in any kind of way. Plus, plus, Ash had told Charlie three things that she didn't want. No fuckboys, no stoners, no Trevors. And yet, Charlie had the audacity to bring her a fuckboy stoner named Trevor.

It was... fine. It would be... fine. Her and Trevor could hangout for, like, ten minutes as friends and then just... call it a night. That had been her original plan, anyway. She'd send Jan that SOS text so that she'd have an excuse, and then they could keep up with the whole... the whole friend thing. The whole JUST FRIENDS thing that no one could seem to comprehend except herself and him.

"Right, your date." Ash cleared her throat and stepped back over to Lin, plastering a huge grin on her face as she grabbed his arm and pulled him from the fountain towards Charlie. "I would like you to meet the one, the only Lindsay Kay. He loves eating worms and writing amazing linricks that are sure to make you swoon. Plus, he'll do literally anything you ask for like five bucks. Total catch."

She grinned and patted Lin's shoulder, her eyes still glued to Charlie's.

If the boys weren't here, Ash definitely would've been yelling by now, and she was sure Charlie held the same notion.

"You kids have fun," Ash said and turned away... only to come face to face with Trevor. Right. Right. Now, now, she had to deal with this whole catastrophe and now there was no chance to avoid him like she had been all week, and there was no chance for her to just say, like, "sorry, forget it, not doing it," because Charlie would throw a fit.

Right now would be a great time for, like, a fire or something. A meteor to hit the earth. Something -- anything -- that could save her from trying to figure out how to talk to Trevor.

"I, uh, I'm... sorry." Ash cleared her throat and stepped past him and started to walk away, only pausing long enough to make sure that Trevor was coming with and, after they were out of earshot of Lin and stupid Charlie, Ash continued to attempt to talk. "She totally thinks you're, like, super into me. It's stupid, but... I guess now I know why she was so adamant about not letting me get out of the date." Ash tried to laugh, but it was uncomfortable.

"We can just, like, hangout for a few or something and then I'll ummm... I can tell Charlie it didn't work out and ahh..." she looked up at him as her words struggled to come together. "I'll just... tell her we're just friends."

Last edited:
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillersdlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillderfillerfilr
... trevor callaghan ...
MOOD

feck, not okay.

fairgrounds

TAGS

amy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 eli, charlie geminiy geminiy ash Winona Winona

Trevor’s headache had actually begun to fade away as he’d sat chatting with Amy and Eli. There was something nice about having a calm moment to just sit and chat after everything had been whirring all week that comforted Trevor like a nice cup of hot tea on a crisp morning. It was…pleasant.

He laughed, continuing with his story. “So there I was sittin’, mouth wide open like a baby bird, ’n here comes this—“

“There you are!”

Trevor turned his head towards the noise. He’d know that voice anyway. “Charlie? Aren’t ya supposed to be on a da…” Upon seeing her concerned face, his sentence trailed off, and his brows creased. Creep? “Where’s he at?” Trevor asked, but he didn’t receive an answer. All that he got was Charlie making him stand with a tug and dragging him away from the group.

“Charlie, what?” He looked confused. “Fake being your boyfriend? Why can’t yer date do…?”

“You look nice tonight.”

Well, he’d dressed up, of course. Kinda. Nicer than he usually did. White undershirt, grey button-up over it. Put product his curly hair, made himself smell like not-weed— fresh pine is what he had opted for— cuffed his jeans because his Nana’d overestimated how tall he’d grown and he didn’t know how to hem.

Regardless, the compliment was kinda random. He didn’t mind it, though. Fully-aware, not-high Trevor, though, was more suspicious and less gullible than Charlie gave him credit for. “Why do ya need a fake boyfriend? What? Shouldn’t ya be on yer date or som’n’, Charlie?”

He received no answer. The only thing that he got in return was Charlie dragging him along.

As they moved through the fairgrounds, Trevor’s face screwed up. He had to hold back a sneeze. His allergies were the worst around flowers. It was kind of miserable.

“It’s pretty out here, but why’ve they gotta ruin tha…thing with flowers?” he commented. The word he’d looked for was vibe. “Trees are nice, shrubbery’s nice, but flowers’ve got no point.”

They approached the fountain now, and his brows squished together. “Ya got a place ya wanna be or som’n’?” he asked curiously, chuckling softly. “Ya’re walkin’ with such umpf that I’d…”

His thoughts trailed off when he spotted Ash and Lin, his confused expression just growing more and more confused. When Charlie stopped, he looked over at her. “Charlie, what—“

But he was being dragged once again.

“Hey! Sorry I’m late, I had to talk to Seb and Chas before I got here.” The grip on his arm loosened, but his eyes were focused on Ash. When he accidentally bumped eyes with her, his gaze quickly jumped away. He didn’t want to see her. “You two look lovely, Evie did a great job.”

What was he…doing? What?

“Ash, meet your date: Trevor Callaghan.”

Trevor’s head jerked up and over to Charlie.

“Literature extraordinaire.”

What the hell?

“Enjoys long sunset walks down the street to the burger joint..”

Date?

“…loves his family…”

What? Date? What?

“…and is possibly Hollywood Arts’ most eligible bachelor.”

Charlie moved behind him and gave him a shove towards Ash.

Awkwardly, Trevor looked over to Ash with wide eyes.

He was…her…date? Since…when…?

No, no, no, this wasn’t the plan. He was supposed to come hang out with Amy, be her company, and he was never supposed to talk with ash again after Monday. That was the plan, that was the schedule, that was what was on the itenerary.

Not this. Absolutely not this.

His eyes focused on Ash as she moved away, trying to ignore the fact that she looked so cute tonight and trying to focus on how to get out of this.

"I, uh, I'm... sorry." She walked past him, and he followed after, his feet carrying him while his head told him to just bolt. His brows were creased, and his eyes were wide. "She totally thinks you're, like, super into me.”

She’s right.

And she’s dead

He felt awkward walking beside her. He didn’t know where to put his hands as he listened, so he shoved them in his pocket. He didn’t know where to look, so he looked at his feet.

“It's stupid, but... I guess now I know why she was so adamant about not letting me get out of the date. We can just, like, hang out for a few or something and then I'll ummm... I can tell Charlie it didn't work out and ahh..."

He looked down at her as she searched for her words. His eyes momentarily met her eyes.

They darted away.

The thoughts he had racing through his head jumbled, and he felt his face heat up.

"I'll just... tell her we're just friends."

Just friends echoed in his head.

He didn’t know what to do or what to say, so he didn’t say anything.

The silence between them was tense and awkward, and he coughed, knowing that he had to talk. He let out an awkward chuckle. “Yeah, yeah…hang out for a few. We should definitely do that. Charlie’ll…be pissed at me if I ditch right away, and, uh...”

That wasn’t supposed to come out.

He laughed awkwardly again, looking over at Ash. Whaaat was he supposed to say? Whaaat was he supposed to do? “I…uh…” His eyes went over to the section with all of the rides. “Hey, what’s yer favorite ride? We could go’n that’n first, darlin’? Start…” His eyes went down to her.

Damn it. She was so pretty that he lost his words.

He searched for whatever place he was at, blinking and looking back up again, laughing awkwardly. His face grew hot.

However long he could hold out was going to be a disaster.

“Oh, yeah— yeah, we could s-start tha night off…right?”

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerflelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilrfillerfilr
... lindsay kay ...
MOOD

uhhh, alrighty, guess she's my date

fairgrounds

TAGS

ash Winona Winona charlie geminiy geminiy

Lin bounced on his heels, looking over at Ash like an excitable child who just got told that he was going to be able to down a box of Fruit Roll-ups®.

Actually, he looked over at Ash more like an excitable child who had just downed a box of Fruit Roll-ups®, because he literally was one.

“Kim Possible but human? Oh, heeeell yeah!” he laughed. “But there’s not way that she can beat me at the little water shoot game. I’m da fuckin’ boss at that. She’ll be sobbing on the ground and I’ll just look at her with a little grin and sheee’ll be begging me for the rematch.”

He paused a moment, stopping his bouncing. “Wait, shit, no, I can’t do that— that’s against the rules, right? The ones you told me?” He paused another moment, resuming his bouncing and looking bout himself. “Wait, nah, you told me to forget them.”

Jokingly, he grinned over at her. “Does that mean that I can start off with, ‘Heeyyyy, you got dat mononucleosis, hottie?’” He gave a wink, and then burst out laughing, shaking his head. “Or I could start off by offering her worms, eh? That’d work great, too.”

He was obviously kidding, and he bounced his butt against the fountain, pausing. “Can Charlie hurry uuuuup with your date? Like, I know who he is and how great it’s going to be and I’m just anticipating it and it’s making me want to piss my pants— but not literally, because I didn’t bring a spare change of clothes.” He looked over at Ash with a laugh. “Maybe I should have, though, eh? ‘Cuz what if my date downs a corn dog and then horks it up on me because she can’t handle the teacups when I’m twirling them, and then I’m stuck wearing her vomit like it’s going out of style— and it’s got carrots in it?” He laughed. “Orange is a fall color, though, so maybe it’d turn out okay.”

He got very chattery when he was anxious, if that wasn’t already acutely obvious.

He paused a moment to take a breath, stilling his bouncing, and he spotted someone approaching. Immediately, a grin spread across his face. “Yo, Charlie!” he said, waving at her, and then he laughed. “Beaaaan maaan!” he greeted the other approaching figure.

Charlie and Trevor came to a stop before him, and he grinned at them. “Hey! Sorry I’m late, I had to talk to Seb and Chas before I got here. You two look lovely, Evie did a great job.”

“You look hot, too, Charlie,” Lin spouted, shooting finger guns at her with a laugh.

He bounced on his heel, waiting for Charlie to—

“Ash, meet your date: Trevor Callaghan. Literature extraordinaire. Enjoys long sunset walks down the street to the burger joint, loves his family, and is possibly Hollywood Arts’ most eligible bachelor.”

Hellll yeah. Great pitch! Nice shot.

Lin looked over at Ash with a big grin on his face, brows wiggling as he watched her reaction.

“Yeah, our dates, our dates!” Lin cheered. “IIIIIIIIII have a bet to win.”

"Right, your date." He watched a smile spread across Ash’s face, and he brought in his bottom lip to bite in anticipation. "I would like you to meet the one, the only Lindsay Kay. He loves eating worms and writing amazing linricks that are sure to make you swoon. Plus, he'll do literally anything you ask for like five bucks. Total catch."

“Oh shit, dat me.”

It came from his mouth before he could stop it.

The excitedness slipped off of him, and now, there he was, standing, eyes wide, body stiff.

"You kids have fun,” Ash said, her figure retreating with Trevor’s.

Lin’s eyes shifted over to Charlie, and he stood there for a moment, bringing a finger to his chin. “Charlie is my fair date, eh? Trevor was why she was late today. I’m flabbergasted, taken abacksted…”

He couldn’t find another rhyme for his linrick.

His head was empty.

This was mildly awkward.

He hated awkward.

Charlie was his date? Like, not frate— date. Daaaate date.

Her confession to Amy swirled back in his mind.

He tried to press it down again.

He could ignore that.

He just sure as hell wasn’t going to lose the bet now.

A grin spread across his face, and he set his brows.

“Shooting gallery. On three.” He winked, turning away. “One, two—“

His hand went out and grabbed hers.

He met her eyes with a “three”—

And he shot off for the gallery.

kordei

MOOD: buzzed off backwoods, content.
OUTFIT: xoxo
TAGS: alamara elaaraa elaaraa , nic Kio.exe Kio.exe , ellie toucant toucant , amy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 , evie jasmyn jasmyn
There was no L.A. County girl that Kordei had planned to meet up with. It was just the first excuse he'd been able to come up with (and while tonight wasn't being spent with one of the rival school's cheerleaders, it didn't mean it hadn't happened before).

In reality, Kordei was seated at the helm of the sleek black piano installed at the centre of his lowest floor of his apartment. He was clothed in a black and gold Versace robe, and only in said robe. Around Kordei flew whisps of light, gray smoke; Between his lips sat a wrinkly brown blunt, the third of that morning.

Music was arguably-- okay not arguably, it certainly was the most competitive department of arts at H.A. It'd carried the school's program when it was founded after all. Unlike the other departments, there wasn't much a brotherhood or sense of family that came with it. His art was highly competitive, and cutthroat, and so many of them developed a variety of ways to cope with the stress of it all. Kordei's way of doing so was going commando, and getting high as a kite. If you offered him anything other than Sweet Aromatic, or Honey 'N Mild Backwoods while he wrote, he'd slap the pigment off of your skin. Basketball players had pre-game routines, Kordei had a song-writing routine.

On this particular weekend, along with the one before, Dei had found himself stuck on the lyrics to an album he hoped to finish and submit into the Winter Arts Festival. A pretty big damn deal for him, especially since it was senior year. He hoped to go out with a bang-- who the hell wouldn't? He'd never been that strong of a song-writer, and since winning the championship he'd felt out of tune with his music. The only time he vaguely felt comfortable had been in the auditorium with Alamara. Yeah, she'd made him comfortable alright. He fucking needed Amy right now though, while soft-spoken, , Dei was well aware how strong of a writer she was. Her lyrics were laced with an emotion and lyricism that he lacked. He knew that his singing paired with her lyrics would be unbeatable, but of course she was still pissed about the Evie situation. Fucking hell.

Ellie's text had been a more than welcome distraction though. Kordei sipped the smooth, red wine from the transparent glass, the blunt still hanging from his lips. Ellie didn't stop at his L.A. County girl excuse though, which Dei actually appreciated and managed a smiled at.

"Sure, why the hell not." Kordei chuckled through a smoke. He'd be bound to find inspiration there.

Designer sweetwear had always been Kordei's cup of tea. He'd vied for them since he was a child, admiring the golden encrusted G's the other Chicago gangbangers adorned. Well now, he didn't have to wish for them any longer. With labels, schools, and important people interested in his talents, Dei lived well off of the "tokens of gratitude" extended his way. That, and the handful of gigs he did on the side. A singular motto had always followed him: "In order to perform good, you need to feel good. In order to feel good, you need to dress good. And in order to dress good-- well, you gotta' make money good or somethin' like that."

Kordei more than carried himself like a champ as he made the way onto the fairgrounds after parking his car. He had for more drip than any of the puddles he'd stepped in on the way there, and garnered his fair share of chuckles, and twirled fingers in the ticket lines. The fall fair was an attraction for families, little kids, and teenage girls. He particularly loved that last part.

Paying had taken a little longer than he'd expected, but had landed him the numbers of two high school seniors and a college broad majoring in Social Sciences. As much as she'd tried to outwit Kordei in their short conversation, he'd came up with her number, and a kiss on the cheek.

"Ayo, you getting awfully close to my boyfriend, homie." Kordei called out from behind Nic and Ellie. Elliot was where he'd texted that he'd be, along with Javier (who wasn't there yet), and the other guy he guessed Ellie had mentioned earlier. Nic, or something like that.

Kordei stuffed himself onto the remaining space by Ellie, successfully lodging the short-haired designer between himself and Nic. Without much thought, Dei pushed the styrofoam container of fries he'd bought at one of the concession stands into the middle of their trio, and threw his arms over Ellie as he threw one of them into his mouth. Buttered, salty, and crunchy. Just the way he liked it.

He leaned forwards over at the counter for a better glance at the third member of their Migos group, extending a closed fist in Nic's direction.

"Dei. Pleasure's all mine." He grinned. "Whatever it is, you don't got to yell at Ellie like that. He's my bitch, and my bitch only." Kordei teased followed by a court glance over at Ellie, and then back to Nick.

code by low fidelity.

There was no L.A. County girl that Kordei had planned to meet up with. It was just the first excuse he'd been able to come up with (and while tonight wasn't being spent with one of the rival school's cheerleaders, it didn't mean it hadn't happened before).

In reality, Kordei was seated at the helm of the sleek black piano installed at the centre of his lowest floor of his apartment. He was clothed in a black and gold Versace robe, and only in said robe. Around Kordei flew whisps of light, gray smoke; Between his lips sat a wrinkly brown blunt, the third of that morning.

Music was arguably-- okay not arguably, it certainly was the most competitive department of arts at H.A. It'd carried the school's program when it was founded after all. Unlike the other departments, there wasn't much a brotherhood or sense of family that came with it. His art was highly competitive, and cutthroat, and so many of them developed a variety of ways to cope with the stress of it all. Kordei's way of doing so was going commando, and getting high as a kite. If you offered him anything other than Sweet Aromatic, or Honey 'N Mild Backwoods while he wrote, he'd slap the pigment off of your skin. Basketball players had pre-game routines, Kordei had a song-writing routine.

On this particular weekend, along with the one before, Dei had found himself stuck on the lyrics to an album he hoped to finish and submit into the Winter Arts Festival. A pretty big damn deal for him, especially since it was senior year. He hoped to go out with a bang-- who the hell wouldn't? He'd never been that strong of a song-writer, and since winning the championship he'd felt out of tune with his music. The only time he vaguely felt comfortable had been in the auditorium with Alamara. Yeah, she'd made him comfortable alright. He fucking needed Amy right now though, while softspoken, Dei was well aware how strong of a writer she was. Her lyrics were laced with an emotion and lyricism that he lacked. He knew that his singing paired with her lyrics would be unbeatable, but of course she was still pissed about the Evie situation. Fucking hell.

Ellie's text had been a more than welcome distraction though. Kordei sipped the smooth, red wine from the transparent glass, the blunt still hanging from his lips. Ellie didn't stop at his L.A. County girl excuse though, which Dei actually appreciated and managed a smiled at.

"Sure, why the hell not." Kordei chuckled through a smoke. He'd be bound to find inspiration there.

Designer sweetwear had always been Kordei's cup of tea. He'd vied for them since he was a child, admiring the golden encrusted G's the other Chicago gangbangers adorned. Well now, he didn't have to wish for them any longer. With labels, schools, and important people interested in his talents, Dei lived well off of the "tokens of gratitude" extended his way. That, and the handful of gigs he did on the side. A singular motto had always followed him: "In order to perform good, you need to feel good. In order to feel good, you need to dress good. And in order to dress good-- well, you gotta' make money good or somethin' like that."

Kordei more than carried himself like a champ as he made the way onto the fairgrounds after parking his car. He had for more drip than any of the puddles he'd stepped in on the way there, and garnered his fair share of chuckles, and twirled fingers in the ticket lines. The fall fair was an attraction for families, little kids, and teenage girls. He particularly loved that last part.

Paying had taken a little longer than he'd expected, but had landed him the numbers of two high school seniors and a college broad majoring in Social Sciences. As much as she'd tried to outwit Kordei in their short conversation, he'd came up with her number, and a kiss on the cheek.

"Ayo, you getting awfully close to my boyfriend, homie." Kordei called out from behind Nic and Ellie. Elliot was where he'd texted that he'd be, along with Javier (who wasn't there yet), and the other guy he guessed Ellie had mentioned earlier. Nic, or something like that.

Kordei stuffed himself onto the remaining space by Ellie, successfully lodging the short-haired designer between himself and Nic. Without much thought, Dei pushed the styrofoam container of fries he'd bought at one of the concession stands into the middle of their trio, and threw his arms over Ellie as he threw one of them into his mouth. Buttered, salty, and crunchy. Just the way he liked it.

He leaned forwards over at the counter for a better glance at the third member of their Migos group, extending a closed fist in Nic's direction.

"Dei. Pleasure's all mine." He grinned. "Whatever it is, you don't got to yell at Ellie like that. He's my bitch, and my bitch only." Kordei teased followed by a court glance over at Ellie, and then back to Nick.

Charlie Howell
Is this what death feels like? The trickling feeling of cold dancing down a spine, the restriction of the full expansion of the lungs, the swirling fog in the brain? Charlie simply stood there, mouth agape and staring like a fool at Ash.

No.

This can’t be happening.

Charlie’s feet were nailed to the ground, her heart threatening to pound outside of her ribcage. Charlie’s eyes followed as Ash pushed past Trevor, her glare piercing through her chest, before Trevor followed on after her. Well, she was taking that about as well as Charlie could have anticipated. Charlie shivered, though the air was warm and the breeze light. Turning to Lin, Charlie’s eyes screamed panic. He was talking but she couldn’t hear what he was saying, a ringing in her ears drowning out the sound of his voice.

“Lin, I-”

Before Charlie could finish her sentence, Lin had grabbed her hand and had begun pulling her off to who knows where. Feet rushing below her in an attempt to keep in tow of Lin running in front of her, Charlie’s eyes drifted down to their hands, fingers interlocked with one another. What the hell was he doing? Why was he just running off?

“Slow down.” Charlie managed to get out, attempting to slow their pace with no success. As they began to near the fair, Charlie planted her feet and tugged Lin towards her, forcefully slowing them. “Fuck, I said slow down!”

Charlie cringed at her own voice, the snapping tone accidentally shooting from her lips before she had even thought about what she was going to say. Once the two were stopped, just outside the fair, Charlie wiggled her hand free and shoved both hands into her pockets. Anxiety ate away at her stomach, her lungs struggling to get air in and out.

“Can we please just talk for a second?” Charlie asked, the confusion apparent in her voice. Exhaling deeply, Charlie finally looked up to Lin. “Before you run off again, can we please just talk?”

Turning away from Lin, Charlie made her way over to a nearby bench. She needed to sit. Her head was swimming and her legs felt as if they were going to give out on her, her hands shaking wildly in her pockets. Once she sat, her feet tapped uncontrollably on the ground underfoot. She couldn’t look at Lin, she couldn’t look anywhere but the ground. If she stared at the ground, that’s all that was happening, right? Just her and the ground, a ground she hardly felt connected to anymore.

“I really had no clue that we were each others…” Charlie trailed off, her voice unable to work. After a brief moment to breathe, Charlie continued. “Dates. I swear, I would never have forced you into this or whatever. All of this started as a stupid bet on Twitter, I did not think that this was gonna be the outcome.”

Charlie stopped talking again, this time to figure out what she was going to say. Maybe if they hadn’t gotten so close the night of homecoming, maybe if he hadn’t overheard her that day with Amy, maybe if there wasn’t already so much to make their friendship awkward… Perhaps Charlie would have just laughed it off, played it cool, pretended that it didn’t mean anything. But it did mean something. She knew that and she was also fairly certain Lin knew that too.

“Look, I don’t wanna make things weird or anything. I had no clue this was going to happen. Trust me, if I knew it had been you, I probably just would’ve formally asked you out and called this whole bet thing off.” Charlie finally managed to speak, looking up at Lin. “So, if you want to go and call this whole thing off, I get it. I wouldn’t want to be on a date with someone I didn’t actually like either. I won’t take any offence if you wanna go. I’ll even take the loss. You win, free of charge. I just want you to have a good time. You shouldn’t have to suffer through a stupid date with me.”

Charlie dropped her gaze again. Somewhere in her words, there was a silent confession. She wasn’t sure if Lin picked up on it or if she even had understood what she said herself. But the point of her words were obvious: ‘I like you, you don’t like me, so please just go and don’t make this difficult’. Lacing her fingers together, Charlie dropped forwards and braced herself on her thighs, hands dangling between her knees. Fuck. What had they done? They’d really fucked everything up this time and Charlie wasn’t sure if there was any coming back from it.

“Remember homecoming? Like what happened that night on the balcony, with us?” Charlie spoke. Fuck it, things were already fucked up, she might as well be honest. “I’m sorry I made things weird. I put you in a position that I’m fairly certain you didn’t want to be in. Seems I just can’t keep myself in line when I’m drunk or with you or whatever. But I’ve made things weird over and over and over again with us and I really am sorry. The whole homecoming thing and the other day in the music room and everything else. I am so sorry, Lin.”

the gardens just outside the fair

mood

'I am a chronic fuckup'

outfit

autumn vibes

tags

ash (mentioned) Winona Winona
trev(mentioned)/lin ditto ditto
coded by natasha.

Nate
INTERACTIONS

Evie

MENTIONS

Ellie, Chas

TAGS

jasmyn jasmyn

Yeah, see, this was going fine. Nate took the blunt back from Evie, taking a quick hit of it before he licked his licked his fingers and pinched out the end of it. Once it was safely not alight, he dropped it back into his pocket alongside the trusty lighter. Undoubtedly, they'd need them later. With all the kids running around screaming, and the head swimming feeling of being with just Evie, Nate was going to need to stay high for the rest of this fair. It had barely even started and yet, he was ready to leave.

They started towards the taco stand and Nate had to stop abruptly as a child ran in front of him. See? Right there, number one reason Nate needed to stay high. Children.

He shook his head before stepping forward to the stand, ordering for himself and Evie, and paying. He handed over her taco and followed after Evie to the table. For Nate, personally, paying for the food didn't feel exceptionally date-like. Hey, he'd covered for his friends plenty of times, and his friends had covered for him plenty of times. It was a... friendship thing. Totally.

He slid into the bench across from her and set his taco down on the table in front of him as Evie got distracted by her phone. Nate raised an eyebrow but didn't ask -- he figured if it was important, she'd let him know. So he just focused on the food in front of him, picking up the taco and taking a bite of it before Evie put her phone back down and started talking about Ellie.

Right. That guy. Ellie was an... uncomfortable name for Nate to hear at this point. He'd been fairly close friends with Ellie back when he'd first come to the school but when things fell through with Chas, they'd fallen through with Ellie. Plus, well, the dude was kind of a drug dealer and when Nate got clean, Nate had to cut off contact with anybody that might drag him back to that. Kind of sucked, though. Ellie had been a good buddy and an even better fuck buddy.

"That sucks," he mumbled. Nate was ready to continue the tangent, complain about drunk people or whatever, when Evie decided to bring up the whole painting thing -- something that Nate had kind of forgotten about. Well, not forgotten about, he just... hadn't thought about it in quite a while.

He put the taco back down and his hands clasped together and went to his lap. His foot started bouncing up and down. "Well..." he started slowly, his dark eyes focused on the table now drifted up to her face. "If you're cool with it, I'd like to. I know it sounds weird, but half of them were right and it'd be super unique. Not a lot of people do portraits. And I've got an idea that'll make it even more unique. Super cool, but uhh... if you don't want to do it, you definitely don't have to."

"I can definitely find something else to do if you don't feel comfortable doing it. Posing kinda sucks -- you gotta just... sit all still for hours on end and hold a pose."

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
... saint taylor ...
MOOD

done. ready for this to be over with.

fairgrounds; inside the gate

TAGS

gen geminiy geminiy minnie sunshineysoul sunshineysoul

Saint held his ground, unmoving as Gen’s hand moved about his body. The words that she said went in one ear and out of the other. She was refusing to listen to him, so he had no reason to listen to her.

Did she think that her stance and the way that she spoke commanded respect or awe or some type of shit like that? Did she truly believe that she was scary? Did she think that she was immune to the common rules of courtesy and human decency such as don’t touch someone unless they give you permission or they’re obviously comfortable with it and don’t be unnecessarily hostile and berate the one who you want to get to side with you on an argument?

The answer to all of those questions was apparent to be yes. The following question, then, was did she have any reason to think those such things? Disregarding clout or what was correct in the school’s sociopolitical view, did she deserve his respect? Did she deserve the fear that she obviously was trying to instill? Did she get any kind of pass to break the rules of upstanding society?

The answer, in Saint’s eyes, was a resounding absolutely fucking not.

She was hot, she was rich, she was famous, she was respected, she was this and that, but that commanded nothing of him. He didn’t want to bow on his knees before her or to beg her for forgiveness like she obviously thought he should.

All that he saw before her was a girl threatening to take punitive measures because she saw Saint’s suggestion as an affront to her almighty power. He saw a girl too scared of what was going to happen if she let go that she, instead, took arms against an innocent guy for something as small as asking her to consider Dei.

He had no need to listen to her.

She gripped the collar of his shirt, snatching him close.

His eyes stared stubbornly into hers.

“I’m never, EVER going to apologize for being right. And if you think that cheating on a taken and innocent girl is wrong then maybe you should just go home and smoke yourself to death. Society doesn’t need any more womanizing pricks like Grant. You may think I’m all fun and games or a pushover or just some dumb hot girl that you see in your magazines but trust me when I say you’ve messed with the wrong person here today. Because if anyone is wasting time, it is you. And if you think this is me fighting you, oh darling Sainty, you’ve got another thing coming.”

He was so tempted to roll his eyes and shove her off, but she, instead, let go of him with a shove and walked away.

“Minerva, darling, so wonderful to see you! How was the tour? I hope everything went well.” She looked back at him and waved him away. “Go now, pet. I think I heard your master rattling his chain. Wouldn’t want to keep him waiting, now would we? The grown ups are talking.”

“Grow ups? You act so petulantly to be a grown up— with your jumping to conclusions and thinking that the world owes you for something.” Saint spoke up before he even caught himself, and he stepped back to the table.

He put his hand to the table. “I’m not letting this go,” he said. “Stop trying to shoo me away. I’ll say it even clearer than before: I’m not afraid of you. If you think that threatening me and berating me and telling me that I’m the wrong one is the best course of action, then fully fucking commit to it. Tell me to go die in a hole or jump off of a cliff or say that you’re going to execute me with your heel— but wait, you seem to think that I’d be the type to enjoy that.” He rolled his eyes, his lip curling up into a snarl.

His hand, on the table, curled into a fist as he spoke firmly. “I’m hard to piss off, and I hate fighting, but listen here: Dei did nothing wrong, and you have to apologize. I’m not going to let you kick me into submission. I’m the right one here.”

MOOD: let me fight a bitch

OUTFIT: cute

basics
MENTIONS: kordei, evie, amy, gen

INT: ditto ditto (saint) geminiy geminiy (gen)
tags
TL;DR minerva frost is feisty
tl;dr
minerva
if it rains in hell then angels could be bad
minnie coudn't help the smirk that crept onto her face; it was always entertaining to watch her best friends stand up for themselves. gen gave saint every opportunity to get lost and let everyone have fun at the fair, but right as minnie was about to talk with gen, he opened his mouth and continued to spew bullshit. her eyes rolled to the back of her head before she decided she was done. no doubt in her mind that gen could take care of herself, but it was minnie's turn.
minerva gave gen's hand a squeeze, and flashing her a genuine smile she stood up from where they were seated and stood between gen and saint. minerva knew she was a tall girl, especially in times like this were saint was only two inches taller than her. she kept her face emotionless; she wasn't about to give him any argument of i can't talk to women when they're this emotional. piercing blue eyes stared into deep brown ones, and without a single falter in her voice or a stutter in her words, she spoke.
"look, saint," she put more emphasis on the "t". "i know i've been gone for a bit, so i'm not caught up 100%, but i know enough. what i know is that your boy, kordy used to be in a relationship with our girl, evie. they broke up. then he got into a relationship with amy and they were going good. and then what did your boy do? he cheated on amy and broke her heart. now, evie's been talked to, but she was not the one in a relationship with the labels of boyfriend and girlfriend. so no. gen won't be apologizing because no, she is not wrong. no, you are not right because you're saying good ol kordy did nothing wrong?" she continued to purposely say his name wrong, slightly hoping to get under saint's skin "your boy is a cheater. to each there own but you will not catch gen apologizing for anything because, in this scenario, she's done nothing wrong. if you or your boy want to come at either gen or evie, you're going to have to go through me first. and trust me sweetie, it will not be easy for either of you."
without giving him the chance to say anything else, minnie turned around back to gen. she held her hand out for gen to take. "now come on. you've had enough drama for your entire life. how about we go see what kind of food they've got set up here? i've been looking forward to it all day."
code by valen t.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 4:00 PMfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Ash
INTERACTIONS

Trevor

MENTIONS

N/A

She had been on a fair number of dates with different guys before things got serious with Nico last year. Which meant that Ash had been on her fair share of really bad dates -- awkward dates, weird dates, you name it, Ash had probably be on it. However, nothing -- nothing -- could compare to how awkward this... date already was.

Neither of them were even able to form a complete sentence. Every time they made eye contact, gazes were diverted back to the ground, to the sky, to the shrubbery and flowers that surrounded the gardens. Literally anywhere but each other.

Ash wanted to disappear. Just... phase through the ground. Disappear.

Stupid dates. Stupid Charlie.

There were... a million questions that were bombarding Ash's thoughts and making it even more impossible for her to try and concentrate on the conversation at hand -- if their awkward mumblings could be considered conversation. Things that she didn't really know if she wanted an answer to, but things that felt like they needed to be asked.

For example, she wanted to ask Trevor if he had asked Charlie for this or... something. It was stupid, alright? She realized it was a stupid thought to think that Trevor would've wanted to go on a date with her, but it was there, on the tip of her tongue, demanding an answer. Like, he wasn't high and for once, he didn't smell like weed or nasty Axe cologne. It was weird to her, alright? And he actually looked nice. Not that he didn't... usually, but...

Look, shut up, it was weird to her.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths. It would be fine.

She bit into her bottom lip, and her fingers started playing with the bottom of her jacket. God, god, god, she was nervous.

"The Ferris wheel," she stated in response to his question -- and decided to just brush over the whole ditching her part, mostly because Ash had the exact same thought. If she wouldn't have to worry about Charlie coming after her, then Ash would've been out by now. "Yeah, the uhh... like, I guess all the rides are fun, but I like ummm.... I like riding the Ferris wheel. Like, especially at night because you can see just... everything. It's really pretty."

Okay, okay, okay, awkward. Goodness gracious it was so... awkward.

"I, uhh..." Ash hesitated and, before they could step back into the main part of the fair, she stopped walking and turned towards Trevor, one hand moving out to touch his arm so he'd look at her while her other hand just kept playing with the hem of her jacket. "I am, umm... I'm really, really sorry. About this.... if I'd known what she was planning, I would've... cancelled, I guess."

The guilt at getting Trevor wrapped up in this was going to make her sick. Her hand dropped away from his arm and she reached up to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Like, I'm guessing she didn't uh... tell you... did she? Like, you didn't agree to this, right?"

Hey, hey, she had to know before she struggled through the rest of this date--

Not date.

Friendship appointment.

mood

salty af and also not giving a shit. but he wants to give nic a hug

some secluded corner of the fair

outfit

theme song

"To Die For" Sam Smith

tags

mentions: chas hery hery seb LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki javi hery hery
interacting: nic Kio.exe Kio.exe

so pull me closer, and kiss me hard

Oh Twitter was always such a fun time. Fun in the sense that he always had a near heart-attack whenever he accidentally stirred up some shit. Elliot was not the kind of person who would get into fights over small things, but drunk Ellie was a whole different breed of man. A man who was both excessively sensitive, emotional, and aggressive. Although his fighting words were not in his proudest vocabulary, it did expose some of his classmates for the kind of arguers that they were. Ones that had more run-on sentences than he could count. Their arguments were so poorly articulated. He knew that, perhaps, their concern was coming from the right place, but Ellie did not need that at the moment. Right now he was more concerned about the flask in front of him and the plethora of happy candy in his pockets. It wasn't a lie that he didn't have regular candy for Kane. As someone who suffered cottonmouth and munchies on any sort of drug, he brought Jolly Ranchers as his staple. Sweet, tongue coating sugary substances to ebb the desert that became his mouth and satiate the urges to stuff his face.

He was in the process of deliberately unrapping one of these candies— green apple, his favourite— when out of the corner of his eye his drinking partner snatched up his flask. Ignoring Nic's initial tease, Ellie popped the candy into his mouth with a simple "How rude," in response to his drink being stolen. He knew that his friend would begin the beration soon enough; everyone ended up scolding Ellie like a child whenever he was on one of his experimental escapades. After a beat of silence, one where he began chewing at the candy instead of sucking on it, the questions came.

Biting his cheek, he hesitated, contemplating if it was worth the heartache to open the lock on the door of squashed emotion. Since the homecoming game, it was just a happy rollercoaster at the Navara abode. The silence ate at him, the creaking of the front door now quiet since no one had barged it open for a new NY Fashion week outfit. For the first couple days after the video sprang up on his feed, his home became the only place he could find resolve. The posts and reposts and comments asking, demanding his reaction. What did the "Next Louis Vuitton" think about his best friend getting into a relationship with a nobody? Mighty shit, actually.

Ellie dived into work that entire week, crumpling papers out of his sketchbook like he crumped the image of him and Chas ever together. They just seemed too happy, too content with each other's company to ever make room for a third. He never thought he'd see someone who made Chas happy. Hell, even Ellie had a hard time doing that. It was always "Ellie can you make me new blazer in a week?" "Ellie, I need new shoes." "Ellie this, Ellie that." Never was it "Ellie, thank you." Never "Ellie, I love you."

He didn't really know when his slump ended. Honestly, it seemed he was still in it. The only constant in his life was the spattering of minced up dust on tabletops and dark stained bottles. The only thing he could depend on to stay was the stars that painted his room at night, the warping of his hands as he looked at himself in the mirror. The shadows that caressed Ellie's cheek and called him to bed were now old friends. His chest felt heavy every day, constricted and half-way to heaven as if something was weighing it down and tearing up every cardiac muscle tissue he had. When the surreal reality of it all, the realization that it wouldn't be Ellie and Chas but Sebastian and Chas, that was when his lungs fell through. His lungs became helpless sacks of air in his chest as he heaved out empty breaths of air, as his eyes rained pretty tears onto his hands. The chill became far more prominent in his home, the lack of supportive liveliness that was usually there invisible. God, and when he wanted it to be over, the pain amplified. The hopelessness was branded into his skin, the betrayal wrapping its hands around his neck.

When the questions came, he didn't know how to encapsulate his last week in a manageable response. Nic was one of his closest friends, someone he could always depend on for physical comfort and a substance abuse party. The boy had accompanied him in his bed several times in the last week, their hands tangled into each other's hair, bodies intertwined like cursive. Every night started as a way for Ellie to ignore, to simply block out the world that he was living in, but it always ended up as retribution. An insult thrown to his face not by Nic but by the damn Fates that kept cutting out the best parts of Ellie's life. A fight that Ellie kept losing because he couldn't get control of his thread. The soft kisses and tender touches were met with feigned passion, empty eyes, and a broken heart.

Ellie had been using his phone as a distraction for the both of them. He planned a fun night for him, Nic, and Javi, hoping it would inject him with some fragment of who he was before the video was leaked. But the screech of a metal chair on cement dragged his attention away from his phone and to the brown-haired teenager before him. "It's everything, then." Ellie mumbled, chewing on the inside of his lip as he fidgeted with the empty candy wrapper in his hand. The desperation that had been building in his soul trickled into his voice, reducing the end of his sentence to a whisper. He was playing chess with his words, figuring out what he could manage to say without losing his king. The shadows were loud in their beckoning tonight. They cooed at him like a mother, tempting the tears that glazed the edges of his eyes.

A welcome distraction came in the voice of his other best friend, Dei. Ellie had nearly forgotten he had asked the other boy to join, the effects of his fancy little combo already kicking in. As Dei budged himself into the conversation, as Ellie had expected, the boy's expression seemed a little less solemn. Dei was always a little less... personal than Nic, something that the designer truly appreciated. He leaned into Dei's casual embrace, enjoying the feeling of someones arm holding him. Nic was so serious about emotions sometimes that it gave Ellie more of a headache than the Twitter drama. All he needed was a little affection, physical contact that had been absent from his life for the last few days. "Sorry about my boyfriend over here." He said, a renewed lilt to his voice as he grabbed at the flask in Nic's hands and offered it to his unfortunately very straight companion. "Since Nic really likes to talk about our deepest issues, what's been going on with you Dei? What's this stuff I heard from Evie?" He normally wouldn't target others like that, to force them to talk about unfortunate events, but any distraction from the war going on inside his heart was a good one.

nine lives

Last edited:

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerflelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilrfillerfilr
... lindsay kay ...
MOOD

kinda hype again

fairgrounds

TAGS

charlie geminiy geminiy

The wind whistled in Lin’s ears as he tore down the strip, the adrenaline and panic in his head muddying his senses.

He was on a date with Charlie, and he had t-minus forty seconds to figure out what exactly to do about it.

Suddenly, the girl behind him anchored herself, and he was tugged towards her. “Fuck, I said slow down!”

His pace fell off, and he stopped running, the nervous grin on his face growing confused as he turned to Charlie, brows creased.

“What?” he breathed, heart beating in the back of his skull. Now that they had stopped, his head swelled with thoughts and panicked things to say.

To do something funny or distract from what was going on was his first reaction, but he couldn’t get any of that out as he watched Charlie free her hand from him.

He looked away from her, to his feet, breathing ragged, and he put his hands on his hips.

“Why’d you stop us?” he asked, eyes shifting to look down at her, eyes deeply confused.

“Can we please just talk for a second?” She sounded confused, too, and kind of angry. “Before you run off again, can we please just talk?”

“Talk…,” Lin echoed, and he let out a soft chuckle, brushing his hand through his hair. “Yeah, sure.”

Charlie made her way to a nearby bench, and Lin watched her settle herself before he followed.

He was…confused. Confused by the whole thing. Confused with why Charlie hadn’t gone along with his running, confused with why she seemed so upset about this, confused with why Ash had set them up in the first place, confused with how the hell he was supposed to respond.

None of it made sense. He could block it off or laugh at it or say something dumb to distract from it, and he had tried that. If he didn’t look at it— if he didn’t see it, if he didn’t pay any attention to it— then it was like that subtext wasn’t there. It was like Charlie hadn’t confessed to him, it was like ash didn’t see the two as compatible, it was like this date wasn’t even a date, it was like Lin’s heart hadn’t fluttered when he’d grabbed Charlie’s hands, and it was like he wasn’t panicking right now.

He lowered himself to the bench beside her, trying to ignore his shaking hands, and he looked over at Charlie, studying her. “You good?” he asked, grinning and trying to sound chipper.

“I really had no clue that we were each others…dates. I swear, I would never have forced you into this or whatever. All of this started as a stupid bet on Twitter, I did not think that this was gonna be the outcome.”

He studied the way that her lips formed the words, as if that would help them register any better with him than they were. Forced…stupid bet…did not think…

He’d wanted to come. This bet wasn’t stupid. This outcome was unexpected, yeah, but…

Was he angry? He didn’t think so. Was he upset? Not really. Should he have been? Charlie was, it looked like.

Or maybe she was just confused, like he was, and didn’t know how to deal with it.

He looked away from her, folding his hands and bringing them up to his chin for them to rest on. Her hand had felt a lot different than his own; it had been much smaller, and, while he hadn’t paid too much attention to it at that moment, much warmer, too. That was probably a bad thing to do, yeah. Grabbing her hand while knowing she was crushing on him. But he hadn’t thought of it that way.

He hoped he hand’t upset her. Damn it, was he messing things up? And why did he care so much?

He became aware of how close he was sitting to her, and he scooted away from her. If she was upset about him being her date, then he didn’t want to upset her any more.

“Heh, don’t worry about it. I’m sure…” The grin on his face dimmed as he searched for his words.

He couldn’t find them, so he just looked down at the ground in front of him and went silent once more.

“Look, I don’t wanna make things weird or anything.”

When she spoke again, his head turned back towards her, his eyes studying her profile again.

“I had no clue this was going to happen. Trust me, if I knew it had been you, I probably just would’ve formally asked you out and called this whole bet thing off.”

Their eyes met, and when he saw the emotion in hers, he felt his heart pulsate. She looked…worried, and mildly hurt.

She’d just said that she would have asked him out had she known that it had been him. What did that mean?

“So, if you want to go and call this whole thing off, I get it.”

Wait, what? His grin faltered.

“I wouldn’t want to be on a date with someone I didn’t actually like either.”

That wasn’t it.

Wait, what did he mean, that wasn’t it?

“I won’t take any offense if you wanna go. I’ll even take the loss. You win, free of charge.”

Something about this was hurting his heart. Something about this made him…

Made him want to grab her face and kiss her.

Fuck. No. That wasn’t it. That was…dumb. Stupid.

Now wasn’t the time. She was…confused.

He was confusing her. This date…

“I just want you to have a good time. You shouldn’t have to suffer through a stupid date with me.”

He grinned faintly, brows working.

Suffer.

She thought that he was going to suffer by being with her. That idea was kinda funny, in a sad way. Why in the hell…what made her…why did she think that? It kinda hurt him, a little bit.

Did she think that she…

He didn’t know.

“Remember homecoming? Like what happened that night on the balcony, with us?”

She was bringing that up now. He wanted to shut her up with something— say something laughable, say something that would distract her, do anything. He didn’t want to hear about that. He didn’t want to think about it. If he didn’t hear it, then it hadn’t happened.

“I’m sorry I made things weird. I put you in a position that I’m fairly certain you didn’t want to be in. Seems I just can’t keep myself in line when I’m drunk or with you or whatever. But I’ve made things weird over and over and over again with us and I really am sorry. The whole homecoming thing and the other day in the music room and everything else. ”

Sorry.

Sorry?

The word echoed in his head. He wanted to shake it away, but it wouldn’t go away.

There was so much behind that. So much emotion, so much fear. He felt it. He knew the way that Charlie was, in the end. He knew the way that she liked to blame everything on herself. He knew the way that she liked to say that everything was her fault when it really wasn’t. He knew the way that she jumped to conclusions and…

He…

It fucking hurt.

His eyes went back to hers, and he watched her utter, “I am so sorry, Lin.”

He went quiet, his body growing still as he contemplated his next actions.

His eyes went to her hand, and he slowly reached out and put his atop hers.

He cracked a grin at her, meeting her eyes once more. “Sorry,” he repeated, and he smiled softly. “What for? You don’t have anything to apologize about.” He knew that she was going to try to talk, but he laughed softly. “So you nearly kissed me. And? If you didn’t want to kiss me, then you wouldn’t’ve tried to, and that’s all there is to it. You felt that way…and?” He shook his head, looking away from her. “If you could help what you feel, would you stop feeling that way?”

He hoped that the answer was no.

He opened his palm and lined his fingers up to lace with hers, though he didn’t close them down. “‘Cuz the thing is— we don’t feel things ‘cuz we want to. We can’t really control our squishiness or our inner monologue or…ya know, that kind of stuff. The way I see it, if you’re feeling something, there’s no need to run from it. Things are there, and you can’t help it, so why try to?”

He laced his hand with hers, feeling the warmth of her fingers, and he looked down into her eyes. His heart was beating in his throat, but he knew what to say:

“Apology not accepted. What happened happened, and there’re no sorrys about it.”

He gave her hand a squeeze, losing track of his other words in her eyes, and he felt his face flushing.

He laughed softly, blinking and breaking eye contact, recoiling his hand. “Besides…” A mischievous grin spread across his face. “We’ve had this discussion. You can’t just call a bet off, Charlie. Ess-em-aych, you should know this. It’s not proper etiquette. So we’re each other’s dates. We can’t change that.” He poked his tongue out through his teeth for a moment, and he stood, laughing. “There can still be a winner, you know.” He crouched in front of her, and he took both of her hands, looking up into her eyes. “And a loser.” He paused. “Or maybe losers.”

He stood, pulling her up with him, and he laughed. “Either way, we’re not calling this off. A bet is a bet. One of us is gonna be the winner in all of this, periodt.” He looked down into her eyes with a loud laugh, letting go of her hands.

He grinned, and he let out a laugh. “Plus, hell, I want to go on a date with you.”

He’d just said it. He’d just let it out what he himself had been running from.

Adrenaline pulsed through his veins.

It felt hella great.

He opened his palms and wiggled them beside his face, sticking out his tongue, his face heating up from his last comment, his heart beating in his throat.

“Last one there's a fucking egg,” he cried, and then he ran off once more, only stopping when he got to the shooting gallery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back