• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here
HAND OVER HAND

Seb smiled gratefully as he took his drink from Landon, but looking at it made his stomach hurt so he didn't take a drink yet. He'd force himself to pour the liquid down his throat slowly throughout the night, because everyone else was drinking alcohol and goddamn it if he wasn't going to drink it as well... even if he didn't really like it. He shrugged at Landon's comment about Callum, having been thinking the same thing. Seb had tried really hard to be friends with the constantly-grumpy boy, but it seemed like nothing he said was right. Or that any extending of a hand in friendship was just seen as pity on Callum's end. And, sure, Seb felt bad for the guy after his break-up with Oates, but that wasn't the sole reason for contacting him.

Anyway, it clearly didn't matter now. Seb would just keep trying his best and he was sure that Callum would tell him to fuck off if he really wanted him to. He tried not to look incredibly uncomfortable when Landon called him cute, but Thank God - and he never thought he'd say this - he was saved by Adriane. Just as he mustered up the courage to respond with a "Hey," she was already telling him to 'shoo' like some kind of animal. As much as he did genuinely enjoy Landon's company, he wasn't going to miss his opportunity to cut the meeting short.

As he turned to leave and find his boyfriend, who was more likely than not offending someone by now, he was suddenly spun around in another direction by a hand on his shoulder. He couldn't mask his surprise at seeing Callum, but he didn't even get the chance to say anything before Callum was suddenly poking him and... aggressively complimenting him? "Um, thanks," Seb managed, but he was pretty sure it wasn't even heard, as the other boy continued his little speech. Seb was trying really hard to keep up, but at the mention of a 'friend zone', he was lost. It didn't help that the alcohol from Callum's breath was mingling in the air and making Seb feel even more sick.

Why is he talking about Oatmeal? What in the fuck... Seb was caught between trying to listen to Callum but also trying to figure out what was actually happening. His eyes flickered over to Jace in confusion at the mention of the other boy, but he was soon looking back at Callum, eyebrows furrowed as he tried to assess the situation. "Um, Callum-" Oh, fuck, he was leaning in really close. Seb didn't want to be rude, so he didn't lean back too far, although he had to when Callum started speaking loudly again. He misses me? He misses... Oatmeal? Oatmeal! Oates! Callum must have thought Seb was... Oates? It seemed unlikely, but also the only plausible explanation for this. Callum was clearly drunk, and Seb knew he and Oat were wearing similar costumes.

Seb sighed a sigh of relief when he realised that Callum was not, in face, badly hitting on him. Except now he was presented with a new problem - how to explain that he was not Oates, to someone who was wasted and very clearly missing Oates. He barely had a chance to think of what he was going to say when Callum's arms were suddenly around him. Seb reached over to place his still-full cup down on the drinks table and hoped he'd never see it again, then stood with his arms hovering awkwardly beside him. "Callum, listen," Oh, Jesus, Callum was crying, "um, I'm not Oates? I mean, I'm not... who you think. And I think that... you think that I'm Oates. And I'm not. I'm- It's Seb. Sebastian. Osario." He could barely hear himself over the sound of Callum's wailing. "I'm totally here for you, man, but... maybe you can let go of me?"

Sebastian
MOOD: abort mission

OUTFIT: Black angel costume

INTERACTIONS: gh0stwriter gh0stwriter hery hery Winona Winona

code by valen t.

Cool Kids by Echosmith
Jace West
"Who am I to tell me who I am?"

By his calculations and measly understanding of alcohol, Callum absolutely should've been dead right now from too much. Then again, Jace was never very good at math. Or alcohol. Or much of anything, really, so his calculations could assuredly be passed off as him wrongly, well, uh, miscalculating. Or Callum was a freak of nature. Or both.

Jace's handful of pocket change and lint was on both.

Callum suggested they go find Oat and, being the outspoken and assuredly confident and good friend of a boy that he was, clearly Jace recognized what a bad idea this was, particularly given Cal's uhh... rather ummm... you know his kind of... uh... inebriated status as of late. Clearly, searching out his ex-boyfriend that he was clearly still so invested in was a rather horrid idea.

Naturally, he needed to voice this. Naturally, he needed to suggest a glass of water and a loaf of bread (he was pretty sure he'd read somewhere that that's what inebriated folks did to sober up).

Naturally, all that came out of his mouth was a meek, quiet squeak of "Perhaps we shouldn't," which was promptly ignored -- at least, Jace liked to pretend it was ignored. Clearly (and even Jace realized this but alas, the mousy boy was in a bit of denial), it was simply that he hadn't spoken loud enough for the sound to even resonant back with himself, let alone Callum.

So he followed after his taller friend, nervously wringing his hands together and hoping that perhaps they wouldn't find the boy of the hour. Perhaps Oatmeal had to return home before his expiration date (get it? Because oatmeal was a food? Ba dum tisss) but, instead, Callum ended up throwing himself at a boy and--

Wait.

Wait.

Oh no. Oh no no no no no.

Jace's face paled and his eyes grew as wide as saucers when he realized that the new object of Callum's affection wasn't the plain breakfast food that was his boyfriend but, rather, the boyfriend of a rather distinguished jerk face that would probably burn them alive with his lazer eyes or threaten to call his lawyers if he witnessed what was happening.

Stupid Chastian's stupid boyfriend, Seb.

"Cal, that--"

His friend continued to lament into the chest of the other boy.

"Bud--"

More whining.

His words were falling on deaf ears or, rather, weren't being spoken loud enough for his clearly emotionally wasted friend to hear.

Luckily, Sebastian seemed to have a better handle on the conversation and informed Callum that Seb was not in fact his lost ex-boyfriend but was instead Sebastian.

"Y-yeah, Callum, that's not ummm... that's not... Oates..." he mumbled, trying to speak up and be heard instead of fading into the background like Jace tended to do. "I... buddy, do you, uhh..."

He trailed off, helplessly unable to form any kind of words or phrase that might help this situation.
| mentions: N/A | interactions: Callum, Seb | tags: hery hery LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki |
º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: little bitch baby

OUTFIT: maid costume

basics
MENTIONS:
Oates
INT:
Winona Winona (Jace)
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Seb)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Callum Richards
Callum perked up as the boy uttered a baffled thanks, taking this as a sign that something was working. He gave a drunken grin and gazed at him fondly, reaching a hand up to caress his cheek. "So, what do you say?" he slurred, doing his best impression of a keen romancer.

When the target of his affection spoke up once more, Callum pulled away, still maintaining his eerily giddy smile. "Yeah, O?" he replied, his voice filled with newfound hope soon to be crushed. With no immediate reply, he wrapped his arms back around him, holding him tight like he and Oates had done on rare occasions. Only, this guy was far more rigid and his arms dangled uselessly by his side. Typically, he'd have expected some sort of sly reach for his pec or his arms from Oates.

Callum spun his head around toward Jace, the rest of his body still completely latched on to the boy in front of him. He shot his friend a nasty glare, seeing his hesitation as a form of sabotage. And, when the hopelessly awkward pirate boy did say something, it was useless and interrupting Callum's spiel. He drunkenly lifted a finger into the air, guiding it to his lips as a far less threatening "shut your dirty mouth" sign than he was used to.

He looked back at his current male pursuit. "I know, I know," he cooed, gently playing with the boy's hair with a free hand. It felt a lot less curled and textured than he was used to. Had he started using a new product? Callum was starting to feel like an overgrown maid version of Little Red Riding Hood. Only, he'd drank all of the wine in Grandma's picnic basket. "You're not y-yooou right now. And it's okay... I-I'm not me so much either. But we...we'll get you back, Oat. You can c-count on me." His words were choppy, stuttered, and drawn out, only further propelling his alcohol breath into the poor boy's face. He turned his head and burped rather ungracefully.

When he breathed his last word right at the boy, it all started to make sense. The lowering in height, the dark hair, the weird voice, he slightly altered costume, the whole "I'm Seb" thing... He took a step back, nearly stumbling into someone behind him. His eyes, now starting to leak tiny droplets of water, focused triply hard to discover that it was, in fact, Sebastian Osario who he'd just thrown himself onto.

"Wh-what the fuck!?" he yelped, stepping back further and grabbing hold of his aching, throbbing forehead, "What are you doing in Oat's costume? Why... why didn't you say anything!?" He displayed a face of shock, anguish, and betrayal as though it wasn't him that had made the mistake in perception and shut out Jace's warnings.

"Wha...t..." he mumbled dazedly, turning in every direction and scanning the room for the real Oates, to no avail. He felt sick at the realization that he'd just completely broken down in front of a near stranger and his best friend in the middle of a highly populated party, hosted specifically by a girl that had correctly guessed he had a habit of crying himself to sleep. But he couldn't be sick, let alone shed the flash flood of tears his emotions amounted to.

No pile of vomit or stream of tears would come, leaving every ounce of doubt and regret trapped within him. Words had proven to be an unreliable method of releasing the negative energy welling up inside of him, reminding him why he usually stuck to saying nothing at all.

In no state to properly assess the situation, Callum weakly shoved his hand on Seb's face, turning his nose up and nearly poking his eyes out by accident. "G-go.." he commanded lamely, all of his typical authoritative seriousness nowhere to be found. He was almost like a little kid, willing every reminder of something bad away forever.

He turned to Jace, giving him another chance to clean up Callum's mess. The highly out-of-it teenager practically collapsed onto him, leaning his entire body weight onto the much smaller boy's side. "Jace," he whimpered, as though Seb wasn't standing right in front of them, "I f-fucked up. I didn't w-waaant Seb. I need to-" He hiccuped for the first time that night, which came as an odd sense of physical relief. "I need to go s-sit down."

He melted from Jace's side to the grimy floor, moving his limbs to avoid being stepped on by the massive flow of partying teenagers ambling about the mansion. "B-but only for a second, 'cause Oates is here somewhere and I need to go sh-shove a middle finger in his face." He sighed, then loudly and incoherently whined, much like a child throwing a tantrum. "And then kiss his face." He frowned, writhing like a depressed insect on the ground.

code by valen t.

Damien Slater
"When you see my face, hope it gives you hell."

@SlutterThanThou has set their status to:
best. party. ever.

@SlutterThanThou has interacted with:
Dani

@SlutterThanThou has mentioned:
N/A

@SlutterThanThou has tagged:
sunshineysoul sunshineysoul
She was also new?

Well, fuck.

Not that Slater really cared one way or another -- he barely even remembered the girl's name by this point (Dana... no... Dani? Yeah, Dani.) and by time school rolled around on Monday, he probably wouldn't even recognize her face. She'd just become another stamp in his passport of Hot People Entertaining Me for a Night.

It was rare that anyone at these parties could actually capture his attention long enough for Slater to speak to them again, or remember their face, or their name.

It just simply meant that her also being new ruined one of his (albeit rather poor) attempts at flirtation. Then again, it wasn't too familiar with the setup of this school -- did the departments stay far apart, or did everyone kind of mingle? See, chances were, he wouldn't even see her again come Monday. They'd exist in their separate circles.

(At least that was the hope).

"Well fuck, then it's a night to celebrate, yeah?" Slater asked as he picked up a bottle of whiskey, unscrewing the cap and pouring more into her cup -- this time without diluting the alcohol with any soda. He poured some for himself, too, before he set the bottle back down onto the counter. He picked up the red cup, holding it up.

"To... new beginnings, new school, all that shit," he said, lamely clinking his cup against Dani's and then downed the whiskey -- granted, he had poured as much for himself as he had for Dani. Damien liked to keep some semblance of his wits about him in unfamiliar situations, alright? Plus he'd taken those pills earlier... and wow, wouldn't he be such a bad party buddy if he just got so inebriated that he couldn't assist his new buddy, Dani. Yeah. That was clearly what it was. Damien keeping his wits about him so he could make sure Dani didn't do anything too stupid.

He was such a great guy, wasn't he?

"Cute costume, by the way," Slater continued as he grabbed the whiskey bottle back up and poured himself some more. He poured a bit more in Dani's cup, too, before placing the bottle back down. "Jessie, right?"
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

danielle howard
@beautyandthebeat has set their status to:
hella drinks and cute boys

@beautyandthebeat has set their outfit to:
yee haw.

@beautyandthebeat has set their location to:
the kitchen

@beautyandthebeat has mentioned:
N/A

@beautyandthebeat has interacted with:
Damien

@beautyandthebeat has tagged:
Winona Winona

@beautyandthebeat has written a tl;dr:
even more drinks

dani was feeling goooooooood. every time damien poured more liquid into her glass, she downed the whole thing. she was already pretty bold and tipsy before he came up to her on the dance floor, but it was like he wanted her to get more and more drunk. which was fine by dani.

she was looking for any excuse to let loose and just have fun. it was her first high school party, her first time away from home, it was supposed to be a fun night, and dani wanted to make sure of it. she didn't want to worry about cole or charlie jumping down her throat and being her parents, she didn't want to worry about people already hating her, she didn't want to worry about anything back home.

all dani was worried about was this super cute guy who had decided to give her the time of day.

she let out a giggle as damien clanked their glasses together in a toast. apparently they were both new to HA, what're the chances, right? after downing her glass, she started feeling herself sway as she sat on the counter. her legs were swinging a bit, softly knocking on the cabinets below her. she ended up having to put her hand on damien's shoulder to make sure she wouldn't fall or lose her balance.

"yeaaa!" dani responded when damien commented on her costume. "yeaaaaa my uh, my brother," her words were slurring more and more, and she didn't even realize it. "he wanted to dresssss up as toy story with some people." whenever there was a pause in her speaking, the silence was filled with giggles "apparently that means i was roped up into being jessie." she gave a little shrug, still holding on to damien for balance.

dani didn't mind dressing up with her brother for halloween, but did he have to pick toy story? dani hated playing into the southern stereotype, she was scared it would give people more ammo to tease and bully her with. but her brother was someone she couldn't say no to, especially when she felt so bad at upsetting him earlier.

as more time went on, the dizzier dani got. she slowly slid off the counter, still hanging on to damien. she let go off him as her feet landed on the ground, turning to face him.

"sorryyy, i guess i haven't drunken mmthis much in a while," all of dani's inhibitions were thrown out the window. she barely even had any idea what she was saying. "you'ree really cute. but i bet you're used to hearing that mm?" there she went, officially calling this random guy cute. drunk dani had one objective now, and it was a plan that started with her calling him cute.

º º code by ditto º º

Zephyr Evermore
"Cheer up! 'Cause nothing really matters."

@zeph.evermore has set their status to:
[insert mood because i'm too lazy to think up something]

@zeph.evermore has interacted with:
Stella

@zeph.evermore has mentioned:
N/A

@zeph.evermore has tagged:
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
Holy hell.

Stella had been toting all of that around all night? And, from the sounds of it, since longer than last night. It hurt for a moment to know that she hadn't trusted Zeph enough to tell him right away, or whatever the reason was behind that, but he brushed that aside so he could focus on making her feel better. His own feelings regarding this weren't important -- they were dumb, you know? He was sure she had her reasons for keeping it from him, and she'd eventually told him, so there was no point in being upset or making her feel worse for him being upset over that.

He was just glad that she'd eventually opened up so he could help carry the burden -- er, well, at least be a listening ear. Sometimes that's all that was needed.

Zeph shifted when she leaned her head against his shoulder so that it was a little more comfortable for her -- it was kind of just him slouching down in the seat. He turned his head to look out the window, watching the streetlights as they flashed past one by one while he listened and tried to process everything -- you know, so he could come up with a good answer.

"Well, I wouldn't worry too much about Evie -- like her getting all mad at you," he started, turning his head so he was looking down at her fidgeting hands. He moved a hand out, sliding his hand between hers and lacing his fingers through hers before giving her hand a reassuring squeeze and then letting them rest on her lap. "She's... I don't know, Evie just seems like one of those girls that likes to drag everyone else down, you know? And... you know what happened, she doesn't, so I guess just... flip her the middle finger but it's not worth fighting her over, you know? No one's going to win if you're just arguing with her."

"And... I don't think you're an idiot," he said. Not that Zeph could ever understand what Stella was going through -- whereas he was still struggling to get a jumpstart to his career, Stella had been in the public eye for years. Every move she made was under public scrutiny, and Zeph couldn't even begin to understand what that kind of pressure was like. Plus it wasn't like the whole thing had been her fault at all. Why would he think she was the idiot?

"You're amazing, Stella," he added. "And you shouldn't have to date someone just to save some douchebag's career." Look, Kordei had cheated on his girlfriend with his ex-girlfriend. That was shitty. Sorry, but he also wasn't sorry at all for how he felt regarding the situation. "Even if it's just... fake dating. You deserve better."

Was he doing a good job? Because god, he was really trying right now.
º º code by ditto º º

Ashton West
"I heard that you've been having some trouble finding your place in the world."
@Fire&Ash has set their status to:
totally fine

@Fire&Ash has set their outfit to:
Spider Gwen plus a sweatshirt

@Fire&Ash has interacted with:
Trevor, Eli, Jan

@Fire&Ash has mentioned:
N/A

@Fire&Ash has tagged:
ditto ditto geminiy geminiy sunshineysoul sunshineysoul
Now it should be noted that it wasn't Trevor going off to smoke with Josie (at least, Ash presumed that's where they were stumbling off to). Like sure, she hated the smell of weed, but it wasn't like she cared that he smoked or whatever, and obviously she didn't care if he hung out with his friends. She was totally fine with being alone with Eli, anyway, and Jan was nice, although it felt a little like she was intruding as a sort of awkward third wheel more than anything.

No, the thing that gutted her was Josie saying "you're welcome" and Trevor walking off without so much as a glance in her direction or a simple goodbye that was like a punch to the gut. Hell, an actual punch to the gut would've hurt less than that, and she had to look down at her shoes, blonde hair falling in front of her face, to hide the shattering of her smile from Eli and Jan.

She got it, okay? She was second place to weed. Wasn't the first time.

But if Trevor didn't want to be around her and was so thankful to be rid of her presence, why couldn't he just say it?

Ash painted the smile back on her face, though, and there was no hint of the broken, twisted feeling in the pit of her stomach as she returned her gaze to Jan and Eli from her shoes. "I'm going to head back in," she started, her voice cheerful and normal as she spoke -- look, Ash was a master of passing off being fine when she wanted to be left alone... er... when she didn't want others to worry, more accurately. She hated being alone. "I don't wanna keep intruding on whatever... this is, and I promised I'd hangout with some people, so... I'll see you guys later, yeah?"

Look, she just wanted to be alone right now. Nothing wrong with that.

With one last smile, Ash turned and started walking back the way she'd come out with Trevor. The smile remained for now, and it stayed as she stumbled her way through the back door and back into the house. She squeezed her way through the crowd, her steps determined despite how much she was stumbling.

Eventually, she made it to her bedroom. Ash slammed the door closed after her and leaned back against it. Her hand felt around until she felt the cool metal of the doorknob and she clicked the lock into place, and then she let herself sink down to the ground as she squeezed her eyes shut and tried to breathe.

She pulled her legs up close to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. Her breathing had resorted to shuddering gasps as she tried to keep herself together. The night wasn't even halfway over (or maybe it was -- she really had no idea what time it was) and she knew that she didn't have any reason to be sitting here in her room nearing tears. All in all, it wasn't like her night had been necessarily bad, and it wasn't like... like... she was fine. That was the thing -- she was fine, or she should be, so why didn't she feel fine?

This was what, like, JJ and Evie and everyone was always joking about, right? She was too sensitive. Needed a thicker skin or something so that she wasn't sitting here feeling shattered over absolutely nothing. Like, what had even happened? Trevor had told her to fuck off a couple times and they yelled at each other on the balcony? That was basically... like... that was basically nothing. It was the sort of thing that she should've been able to brush off, but the words still stung.

Ash released her legs, her eyes fluttering back open. She pushed herself up from the ground onto unsteady legs and started towards her bed, but halted when she saw the worst crime anyone could imagine.

Her bottle of tequila. Empty. And just laying on her bed.

Someone had broken into her room, drank her freaking tequila, and didn't even bother to discard of the evidence.

Halloween sucked, she decided, as she dropped to her knees beside her bed and laid down, peering underneath it. A trembling sigh of relief escaped her lips when she saw that at least it had only been her tequila, so she reached under, her fingers closing around the cool glass of her vodka. She pulled it out and pushed herself up so that she was sitting on her knees.

Ash knew she shouldn't drink more. Her stomach hurt, she really hadn't eaten anything in hours -- drinking more was just a recipe for disaster, but...

She unscrewed the top of the bottle and brought it up to her lips. She took a drink, the vodka burning in her mouth and down her throat before it fell into her empty stomach. Ash brought the back of her other hand up to cover her mouth as her body convulsed, but she would be damned if she was going to let herself puke.

Again, Ash rose unsteadily to her feet and started towards the door. However, she faltered and managed to spill some of the vodka on the floor and her leg. "Fuck," she hissed under her breath and tried to pat the spot dry with the end of her hoodie sleeve, but well... really didn't work out that well, so eventually she gave up and continued back to her door.

She wasn't sure where she was heading -- just that she knew she didn't want to be in her room, and she didn't want to return to the party. As was proven tonight, nothing good was coming of her being around others, and really... Ash didn't want to have to paint on the fake smile and pretend that everything was alright again.

Not that anything was... wrong. She was just... she was too sensitive, yeah? Yeah... yeah, that was it.

Eventually, her wandering brought her back out to the still unoccupied balcony. Ash hesitated for a moment, her hand resting on the doorknob leading back out there. She leaned her forehead against the glass of the door, looking out at the railing and going over the night's fucked up itinerary while contemplating what she could've done to avoid coming out to this balcony the first time.

There were... a million things she knew that she could've -- no, not could've but should've -- done. God, she was a fucking idiot, wasn't she? That's what it all boiled down to in the end -- if she hadn't done this, or if she hadn't said that... everything would've been fine, but it was like no matter what she did, things were doomed to explode around her and cast shrapnel into everyone that was within range.

At least if she was on the balcony, there would be no one around to get hit when she imploded.

She pushed away from the door and turned the knob, stepping through it and out onto the balcony. The door was closed roughly after her as she stumbled back over to the railing and fell heavily against it. She rested one arm on the top railing, her hand gripping it to try and steady herself. The bottle of vodka dangled from her other hand.

She let her hand holding the vodka bottle dangle over the edge of the railing and rested her chin on her other arm folded over the railing. Her gaze searched the ground down below. There wasn't really anyone outside anymore. She squeezed her eyes shut as looking down started to make her head swim, which just made her stomach threaten to empty its alcoholic contents.

For a moment, she stood like that, but it was too tiring to keep standing.

Ash straightened herself back up, her frame swaying slightly as her eyes opened. She clumsily set the bottle of vodka on top of the railing, her eyebrows knitting together as she stared at the bottle with its contents nearly half empty from spilling over on her way out here. She'd left the cap back in her bedroom.

She took another sip of the alcohol and again, the moment she did, her stomach lurched. She pressed the back of her hand over her mouth, willing the alcohol to go down as she gripped the railing for support with her other hand.

Slowly, Ash lowered herself down to the ground. She scooted forward so that her legs could dangle off over the precipice of the balcony and she leaned her head against the side of the one of balusters. Her arm looped lazily around it for support and she looked down at the ground again, breathing in the night air.

After a moment of staring off into nothingness, Ash remembered that she wasn't alone, as much as she might want to be in the moment. She let go of the baluster (her other hand was still gripping the vodka bottle and there was no way she was going to let go of that) to reach into the pocket of her sweatshirt and pull her phone out. She checked it for any messages but at the moment, there were none and Twitter was strangely quiet -- for now. With a sigh, Ash made sure that the volume was on and then she dropped her phone to the concrete beside her -- you know, in case any of her friends needed her. She had to be ready.

Well, as ready as she could be. The alcohol in her system was going to make anything hard to do, but... she would do her best.

Granted... her best just seemed to make things worse, so it was probably better if Ash just stopped trying. Just gave in and stopped existing here.

Another sip of the vodka bottle brought about the same effects -- stomach lurching, eyes squeezing shut, hand over her mouth, and body convulsing as it fought hard against the substances she was putting into it. Eventually, she would manage to swallow, her eyes would open back up, and her hand with the bottle would go back to rest next to her as she stared at nothing.

She was fine.

Really.
º º code by ditto º º

Corey Preston
How are you feeling?
like a friend who is there for his friend
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Gen and Eli's Pad
Did you mention anyone?
Maddie
Who are you talking to?
Maddie, Kane, and Javi
And, like, tagging?
There isn't much I can do for her, is there?

No, Corey Elmo Preston, there wasn't anything.

Such was the complicated situation of having an unrequited love where the object of said love had no hint how you really felt about her.

It was true. Corey loved Maddie so much that it sometimes hurt to hear her speak not only about how these guys she dates, but how they hurt her. Corey didn't like feeling this way, like he was entitled to her in any sense. And he didn't feel that way. Corey never felt like that, but it was hard sometimes because when it comes down to it, none of these guys make her happy. Or at least not from where he stood. Maddie was beautiful. Not just in her looks, which yeah okay, she was a knockout, but past that, her soul was beautiful. Jesse McCartney said right and it rang true so many years later.

That's why he's been overcome with his own anger. Because of what Javi said. Because of much of a mess she's been recently. It hurt him because he wished he knew how to help her. On some level, maybe he knew but telling her would also mean he was willing to risk that friendship.

Which I wasn't.

And that was the biggest gut punch of them all, wasn't it? He had the cure to heal her sadness -- or at least what he thought was the cure and he couldn't do it because he's a coward because he loves the friendship they have, the bond they share a hell of a lot more than he would in the unlikelihood that she could ever return those feelings.

But that wasn't what he should be thinking about right now. No, right now he had to think about her and what she needed, or wanted. And what she wanted was to go to the beach and ditch the rest of the party.

Corey smiled at her, lingering in the gaze of her beautiful eyes and the smile they enhanced. "Yeah. Let's just get lost in the crashing waves." Corey said to her, pulling at her hand, tugging her to follow him. Even if he was hating himself for being so jealous, they always had the beach. No matter what was wrong in his head, that's the one thing nobody could take away from them.

º º code by ditto º º​

"Focus on me, I'm about to blow them all away"
Stella Bailey
@Steller.Bae has set their status to:
Confession time, here's what I got...

@Steller.Bae has set their outfit to:
Pika-pika

@Steller.Bae has set their location to:
Going home

@Steller.Bae has mentioned:
N/A

@Steller.Bae has Interacted with:
Zeph ( Winona Winona )
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

Truth be told it wasn't until Stella finished her spill that she realized just how much she'd been keeping inside. It didn't feel like a lot when it was just in her head, but having to take the time to explain it all made it sound like a whole lot more. Was it really a lot or did it just seemed like it? She couldn't tell, but it did make her feel guilty about not telling him sooner. It'd all happened in only a matter of a couple days, but still. She couldn't...or rather hadn't wanted to admit to herself why she hadn't told him.

They'd shared plenty of time together in the past couple days alone just like this, so what was the problem? He didn't judge her, never seemed to think less of her for anything before, and now listening to him he still didn't, which shouldn't be surprising. So WHY? Why was she so nervous. That was the thought plaguing her mind because now she had this nagging guilt that she couldn't just push away until she answered it. Yes things had been awkward, but part of pretending everything was fine should have included telling him everything because that would've been normal.

As she racked her brain for the answers getting lost in thought. As he began to speak she came back to reality. The thing that caught her attention the most was the feeling of his hand taking hers. The warmth of him lacing their fingers together made her mind stop in it's tracks and her heart jump to her throat. Weird. New. Yup this was it. This was why she'd been nervous...because while she has ALWAYS cared about Zephs opinion...his opinion lately has somehow mattered even more.

It's why she even bothered on twitter to ask him if he cared about who she flirted with. She knew the answer before she asked, but hearing it felt different. Answering the question in turn felt different...mostly because while she answered how she should, and how she normally felt....it didn't feel 100% true in that moment.

Anyways back to reality, his hand, her hand....it felt nice. It felt reassuring, safe, secure...she could feel the anxiety that'd she'd been trying to drink away the whole night start to melt. It made her think maybe instead of drinking the panic away she should've stayed with him. Maybe he could've eased her anxiety hours ago. She still would've dipped before all that insanity with Lin, but maybe she should've ran to him instead of away.

Maybe if she'd stayed she would've have wound up arguing with Evie. He was giving sound advice, just a few hours too late...but once again that was on her more then anything. His words her gentle and encouraging, and she was listening she really was. She shouldn't have to do anything for anyone else career, she was pretty damn amazing when she wasn't acting like a child, and she had the best friend anyone could ever ask for in him. She was beyond thankful for the reassurance. People like to assume strong independent people never need reassurance, and that simply wasn't true. Just because they don't ask for it or need it as often didn't mean it wasn't still needed from time to time. "Thanks Zeph." She replied softly. "You always know just what to say to make me feel better." She hummed.

"You're the most amazing guy I've ever met." She confessed accepting the rise of the heat in her cheeks. She was facing forward so maybe he wouldn't notice. She'd gotten lucky all night up until this point right? "So thanks for that. Cause you're right, and I don't need to fake date anyone. A real date would be much nicer." She giggled feeling more like her normal self. "Though you've kinda got me spoiled, it's gonna be hard for any guy to measure up to our movie nights." She chimed playfully...even if there was a hint of truth.

Yup that's what she was looking forward to now. No more stress, just movie, snacks, and sleep. Luckily they were basically back at her place by now.

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
Hold On | Chord Overstreet
Lucky DuBois
"Life's a bitch. That's all I got."

Well--

That lasted for all of five minutes.

He watched as Danny stormed out of the room and couldn’t help but feel the tiniest bit responsible. Okay, so, maybe he had told Danny to fuck off and get lost. Maybe he’d snapped. Maybe, like his gut had been saying since the minute the other guy showed up -- Danny was not the distraction that he needed.

The kiss.

The rooftop kiss any girl would swoon over. That’s what Danny thought prudent to discuss after he had just disclosed that his father had died. What did it mean? Does he want something more? Should they go on a date?

He laughed at the thought. In his head anyway. Outwardly-- he was pissed. They really didn’t know each other anymore. It was just another reminder that he had left Lucky behind all those years ago and he still had some resentment towards the taller man. After a exchange of words-- Lucky telling Danny to fuck off and Danny mumbling his way out of the room-- he took a large swig of the bottle grateful that Danny hadn’t been around long enough to waste anymore of his tequila.

“Did you fuck up or was it him?”

He eyed Javi as he entered the room. A fear that he had heard any part of the conversation filled his entire body with dread. The other boy was definitely enjoying the party. Much more than he was anyway. He still wasn’t sure where he got his tolerance from cause it definitely wasn’t his dad. And his mom rarely drank. Maybe it was one more fuck you from the powers that be-- here’s a shitty life...oh and you’ll need an entire liquor store to feel any effect of alcohol.

Lucky sighed heavily as Javi’s question finally registered. Obviously, it was Danny who fucked up. Lucky was just an innocent bystander in fate’s cruel attempt at a Greek tragedy-- except he was Irish and French and if you asked anyone at HA, they’d say he wasn’t that innocent either, but what the fuck did they know, right? He looked the other boy up and down-- a pair of running shorts does not make a costume, but it looked a helluva lot more comfortable than his costume.

“Mind sharing?”

His eyes narrowed. Would he waste his time like Danny did? He had a little less than half the bottle left and didn’t feel like joining the masses to get more. He’d take the bite. See if the other boy could do better at distracting him. He hesitantly held out the bottle and offered it to Javi.

“Distract me from wallowing?”

He huffed out a small laugh as he leaned back against the desk and crossed his arms. A bemused smirk appeared on his face as he eyed the other boy. Guess someone else was having a rough night. That thought made Lucky feel slightly better. “What did you have in mind?”

| mood: Desperately Seeking Distraction | mentions: Danny | interactions: Javi | tags: hery hery |
º º code by ditto º º

Adriane Holloway
"I want to live, not merely survive."

@omg_adriane has set their status to:
ugh

@omg_adriane has set their outfit to:
catwoman? yes

@omg_adriane has interacted with:
Landon

@omg_adriane has mentioned:
Evie, Mike

@omg_adriane has tagged:
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

Wow. A cat joke. How original. Any hint of a smile fell away to be replaced by an annoyed expression -- although, given that this was Adriane we're talking about, there wasn't really any distinguishing between the two. Her expression remained fairly neutral. Even if on the inside, she was at least mildly peeved.

"Cat fight -- so clever," she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she rolled her eyes. Adriane crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back on one hip. "Did you get that one from Mike? Really disappointing. I thought you were at least a touch less boring than Mini Mike." Her voice had gone from sarcastic to just plain monotone and deadpanned by the end of her speech.

Really, this had been her fault. It had been her fault to think that any Sinclaire could have an ounce of originality. Like, the clothes that the better Sinclaire made were just old clothes that she pulled from thrift stores (eww) and "refurbished" -- which was just a fancy way of saying stealing old out of style clothes and rebranding them as my own original idea.

"What are you even supposed to be?" She asked, eyeing Landon again with a bland expression. "Oh sweetie, didn't anyone tell you that Christmas isn't this month? Even so, you really don't pull off whatever..." she gestured with a hand to incorporate all of Landon's ridiculous Elf costume, "this is. Whoever made you dress up as that must really hate you. And have no idea how to sew. Horrible job on the entire thing. I've seen better costumes put together by toddlers."

Of course, she knew exactly who had made it. That uncreative bitch Evie. There was no way that she was going to miss an opportunity to send digs about her to her dumb brother.

Plus, it would probably piss him off. And pissing people off happened to be one of Adriane's greatest specialties and hobbies.
º º code by ditto º º

Damien Slater
"When you see my face, hope it gives you hell."

@SlutterThanThou has set their status to:
😏

@SlutterThanThou has interacted with:
Dani

@SlutterThanThou has mentioned:
N/A

@SlutterThanThou has tagged:
sunshineysoul sunshineysoul
Brother? She had a brother?

Well, fuck, that wasn't what he wanted to hear. A brother that was at this party. Usually brothers didn't react too well when they caught Slater talking up their sisters -- Damien had never really understood it. He was an angel (more like a demon parading as an angel), after all, so why the fuck would they be getting so worked up over him getting a drink with their sister?

So Damien had to do the ol' cost-benefit analysis. Basically, was the girl hot enough to risk him getting his nose cracked in a different direction? A lingering glance at Dani answered that question for him.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Plus he'd worked too hard to get her drunk to back out now. (Seriously, he was such a catch, wasn't he?)

Her words were slurring so much that he could barely understand a word that she was saying. She placed her hand on his shoulder and his lips cracked into a sly grin. Oh yeah. Everything was going according to plan. Damien still had it -- and who knew that girls at this fucking school were just as dumb as the ones that frequented the other parties he was used to attending?

Just as dumb and ten times hotter.

Switching to Hollywood Arts was the greatest decision of his life.

"Sometimes," he responded to her calling him cute and saying that he probably heard it all the time -- usually just from super inebriated girls like the one before him. Usually when they were sober, it was a lot harsher critique. He grinned, moving so that he was closer to Dani, his hands going to rest on her hips to try and steady her as the drunk girl swayed -- obviously, that's all he was doing. He wasn't doing this at all because she was fucking hot and he wanted to get closer.

"You're..." Damien's words were getting twisted on his tongue. Fuck. Now was not the time to do that. One hand remained on her hip while he moved his other hand up to cup the side of her face.

And instead of trying to untwist his words, Damien pressed his lips against Dani's.

Way easier than trying to talk.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Livanna Moore
"Not here for nameless faces, pointless talkin, conversations. ”

@Livieeee is has updated her status to:
:)
@Livieeee has interacted with:
Nate

@Livieeee has mentioned:
Gen

@Livieeee has set her outfit to:
only the cutest wonder woman alive

@Livieeee has tagged:
geminiy geminiy Winona Winona

“Happy Fucking Birthday.”

The box was shoved into her hands and Gen was out the door.

She could’ve lied. She could’ve called Gen a hypocrite being as plastered as she was, Liv could’ve explained that the promise she made was simply because she didn’t need drugs to fill the void that return every time she left. God, Livanna could’ve just ignored the high and focus on the one that was Genevieve Johannes— but alike every high, there was a low.

And oh boy, was Livanna at her lowest.

She lifted the box open to reveal a necklace— a locket, at that. And she found herself taking a stuttered breath at the sight of it. It wasn’t because it was beautiful, it wasn’t because it was probably as expensive as every piece of furniture in her house combined, but it was because of what it represented.

At least, to Liv anyway.

Despite being the girl that she was, the one who’d always try the fun in everything, the one who’d crave an adrenaline high from the smallest of actions, and the one who’d never second guess herself or the many things she’d do when it came to anything and everyone else except Gen— Livanna saw the meaning in everything, she searched for it. Whether or not the present was a pity gift didn’t matter.

It meant that she cared, and that’s what hurt all the more.

Gen could go on and on about how much she regrets leaving her and Liv could scale the whole world apologizing for every single mistake she’d done and it still wouldn’t be enough.

Every single time she was in a good place with Gen— it was ruined. Maybe it was fate, maybe it was simply the universe punishing her because she wasn’t a good enough person to be happy for more than five minutes, or maybe— Livanna could throw in so many hypothetical scenarios, so many feelings, so many thoughts that’d been running at a hundred miles per hour in her head... but what good would it do?

Exactly, nothing.

Anything and everything Livanna did amounted to nothing. A billion good things was canceled out by one mistake.

Liv struggled to clasp the necklace behind her neck because her hands were as shaky and unstable as she felt, she’d heard the faintest of clicks and adjusted the necklace into the middle of her chest, glancing into the mirror in the study and blinking away the many tears that threatened to follow before she exited the study.

~

Now, Livanna fully understood the meaning of crossfaded— thanks to a certain someone who’d offered her... something. She didn’t know what she was on. Molly? Maybe? Combined with alcohol— and the oxy she’d taken earlier. It wasn’t the highest she’d ever been. If anything, the highest she’d ever been was probably the night Gen left. She closed her eyes shut at the mere thought of her and Livanna could’ve sworn she was hearing voices— her voice. But at the time, she couldn’t of put two and two together that she’d seemingly won the costume contest. There was many people murmuring their own cheers, congratulations, uncomfortable groping and hugs ensued as the music blasted so loud it felt like it was about to puncture her eardrums.

Liv on drugs was meant to bring her up from her lows, not make her feel like she was at ground zero under a pile of rubble while her surroundings had made her feel like everything was getting darker and darker until she couldn’t feel anymore.

Liv was supposed to find the sexiest stranger and make small talk, wind up making out with them outside of the building as her hands roamed every square inch of their body to fill that addiction of excitement, grasp her serotonin for the day and pretend like everything was okay before doing it the next. She’d done it countless times before.

The difference between then and now?

Who knows.

Before her mind could catch her up on where her feet were going, suddenly Livanna was outside, leaning against the wall and listening to the rustle of the wind that was the cold— yet humid, Los Angeles air.

She enjoyed the quiet— the faint bustling of the party inside was loud yet muffled enough to make her feel as if she was in her own bubble.

That bubble didn’t last long when Nate appeared in front of her—demanding the drugs that Liv obviously knew he didn’t need. “... I thought you were clean.” She spoke, glancing up at him only now noticing the look on his face.

Are you okay?

She wanted to ask, but where would that get her? An insult and a lie?

He turned to leave and suddenly the thought of being alone had gotten a whole lot scarier.

“Wait...”

She knew Nate— maybe not the real Nate though. The Nate she knew? The Nate that taught her the ways to cope, to ‘enjoy’ herself, the Nate that was addicted to drugs just as much as Liv denies that she is.

She knew that Nate. He was her friend.

... how could she say no to a friend?

“Just... don’t go.”
º º code by ditto º º

Zephyr Evermore

Stella

N/A

Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
His cheeks were reddening from the compliments that Stella was dishing out. It wasn't that he was unfamiliar to her being like this nice to him or anything. She was his best friend for a reason -- because she pulled him up, and vice versa. Zeph wouldn't have stuck around her if she had just put him down all the time.

"Yeah, I uhh..." he chuckled again. Zeph didn't know what to say, what to do. His thoughts were kind of this scrambled, frenzied mass of emotion and warring ideas. As in like there was this part of him that was thinking about the kiss -- you know, the one he shared with Stella on the Ferris wheel. The one that kind of almost twisted their friendship from being totally platonic into hinting that there could maybe be something more. Because a kiss wasn't just a kiss, sorry.

He'd known that when he kissed Ronnie (which he still winced at the memory of and knew had been a terrible decision -- but shush), and that had just been cemented as an ideology for him when Stella had kissed him.

"I get what you're, uh... what you're saying..." his words, usually firm, sure, and confident, were suddenly unsure, shaky, and hesitant. Completely un-Zeph-like, but Zeph was also venturing into unfamiliar territory with where his thoughts were currently nestled. Dating was something he'd never done -- sure, he'd been on a handful of dates, but Zeph had never been someone's boyfriend. Girls didn't generally like him well enough to stay around for more than a couple dates.

Zeph was best friend material, not boyfriend material.

"Well..." he said slowly, and now Zeph had to turn his head so he was looking out the window at the passing lights. You know, somewhere other than Stella or inside the car to gain the confidence to continue what he wanted to say. Of course, it was hard to keep that sentiment and keep himself together with her leaned against him. The warmth of her body against his made his heart pound, made his palms sweaty, and made Zeph just a wee bit shaky.

"Maybe..." come on, dude. He'd hung from a bannister upside down. He'd beaten Lin at his own game tonight. This should be easy as hell to do, and yet it was the hardest challenge that Zeph had been forced to experience tonight. "We could... say that uhh... movie night, at your place, is ummm... not just a hangout." Wait. Take it back. He was getting there. Explain, Zeph, come on, dude. "What I mean is like... like, we could make it a... date, maybe?"

Smooth as sandpaper.
º º code by ditto º º

Nathan Woods
"Here I am, living a dream that I can't hold on my own."
@NathanielWithoutTheIel has set their status to:
fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has set their outfit to:
dumb as fuck Bonnie & Clyde shit

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has interacted with:
Liv

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has mentioned:
N/A

@NathanielWithoutTheIel has tagged:
Soap Soap
TW: drug use

Her response instead of giving him what he asked for?

"I thought you were clean."

Fucking...

He pulled back his outstretched hand, reaching up and rubbing at his nose with the back of his hand -- an old habit from back in the day, when his nose was always burning and used to spontaneously bleed from the drug use. A habit that Nate had more or less kicked when he'd kicked the drugs, but hey, you know what they say.

Old habits die hard.

"Fine," he snapped, his voice unnecessarily harsh. Nate held up his hands as he took a step back. "Alright, whatever. I'll just fucking leave." He dropped his hands back to his sides and started to turn and walk away. "This is why no one sticks around you, ya know? You don't give anyone what they want. Selfish."

Look, he was hurt, and he wanted the drugs.

Nate knew how Liv worked, and sure enough, he heard her voice behind him:

"Wait..."

Nate cracked a smile. Bingo. Nailed it. He still had it.

The "had it," of course, being the ability to guilt people like Liv into giving him the thing that he so desperately sought, but that he so desperately, absolutely did not need.

He stopped in his footsteps, the smile dropping from his face, and he turned part way to look back at her. Waiting to see if she would offer him what he wanted, or if there was something else that she would say. Nate still had to play it up until she offered him what he wanted, you know? Until he knew that he had her in his grasp.

"Just... don't go." Her pitiful voice, normally, probably would've struck some chord in Nate. Something that would maybe make him feel... a tinge of guilt for what he was doing to her?

But right now?

Nate didn't care.

"That's what I thought," he mumbled. And now, he turned and walked back over to her. Nate held his hand out once again, and this time Liv gave him the item that he wan-- no, not wanted. That he needed.

She dropped the pill into his hand and for a moment, Nate hesitated. He stared down at it, contemplating whether or not he should pop it in his mouth. Because even if the forefront of his thoughts were insisting that this was a one time thing -- just right now to curb the pain and humiliation he felt at what had just happened with Evie -- there was a bigger part of him that knew this wasn't just a one time thing. Nate was an addict.

One time could never just be one time.

If he popped this pill, he'd slide back. Go back after he'd tried so hard to push himself to be better than what he was. To be something more than what he'd been labeled as.

Fuck it.

Nate was an addict. That's all he'd ever really be.

He popped the pill into his mouth, dry swallowing it without a second thought.

------------------------------​

You know, his plans for the night really hadn't fallen that far off what his original plans had been. In fact, it was basically the same.

Get drunk at the party? Check.

Do drugs? Check. (Just that he did molly instead of weed -- well, he smoked weed, too, but... you know).

Go home with a girl? Check. (Again, though, that girl was supposed to be Evie, but...).

Nate leaned heavily against the wall next to Liv's front door while she fumbled with the key. By now, the effects of the drug had set in and that, mixed with the weed and the alcohol, was creating quite the rainbow of effects on Nate. Basically, he didn't feel like he was even in his own body anymore. His fingers didn't feel like his -- they felt numb almost. His actions felt slowed and sluggish, and he couldn't stop smiling which was just fairly uncharacteristic for the typically stoic boy.

She got the door open and he pushed off from the wall, almost losing his balance before he stepped through after her. Every step felt exaggerated, his brain felt foggy, but his body felt light.

God, he'd missed this. The strange mixture of euphoria and drowsiness. The feeling of being happier than ever while also floating outside of his own body. It was the kind of mixture, the kind of high, the kind of feeling that one couldn't obtain through just weed or just alcohol or even a mixture of the two. It was something special all on its own, and it was something that Nate hadn't realized he'd missed until now. The effects of the molly felt like the warm embrace of an old friend, welcoming him back.

"Hey," he said, his words feeling heavy and his mouth feeling like it was filled with cotton as he grinned at Liv, a lazy smile on his face. "Thanks."

Thanks for being there... thanks for the drugs... thanks for a lot of things, but those were all way too many words -- too many words that Nate couldn't begin to form right now, so he didn't even bother trying.
º º code by ditto º º

Livanna Moore
"Can't go home alone again, need someone to numb the pain. ”

@Livieeee is has updated her status to:
... Happy birthday to me.

@Livieeee has interacted with:
Nate

@Livieeee has mentioned:
Gen

@Livieeee has set her outfit to:
only the cutest wonder woman alive

@Livieeee has tagged:
geminiy geminiy Winona Winona

"This is why no one sticks around you, ya know? You don't give anyone what they want. Selfish."

He was right. It hurt her more than it should've, but he was right. And it killed her a little just because he was. Livanna hardly knew what she was doing before she just decided to give in, handing him whatever she had on her... which was the leftover oxy and a half a molly. Probably wasn't the best idea but she took them and she's doing perfectly fine right now. There was tremendous amount of guilt actually giving into his wishes. But as desperate as Nate was for drugs, Liv was for company.

It was pathetic. She knows.

But would anyone really surprised? Liv... made decisions based on how she felt in the moment, barely even thinking about anyone else or what the consequences may be-- and that, simply because of that, made her selfish. It made Gen leave, it made her seek comfort in Mike, all circling back to the girl she loved and Liv messed up based on her own needs. Again. She was so tired of regretting her choices. Liv didn't want the stupid cracks Gen would throw at her because she's upset, it'd only made her want to crawl into a hole where nobody would be able to find her.

Liv would be alone, but maybe she just needed to face her fear that she was just destined to be alone.

... just not tonight.

--

She struggled with the lock for the first few minutes, naturally, Liv had always struggled with the lock but this time it was clearly because she wasn't all there. Neither of them were. The drugs had made them overly comfortable, slow, sluggish, but ultimately?

Better.

They made them better.

Nate and Liv were quick to become good friends. He was the one who brought her out of her shell. It may be a surprise to some, but Liv wasn't very... Liv back then. She was quiet and shy, afraid to be forward, loud, blunt, flirty. It just wasn't her thing. She didn't have a lot of confidence— a lot of experience. Livanna didn't have a whole ton of friends back then neither. Nate made Liv who she is today and she couldn't be more thankful-- and resentful. She couldn't help but think what might've happened to the two if they hadn't become close.

If they hadn't went after Evie and Gen, if they hadn't used each other to make the other feel better.

What was the point on dwelling on the things she couldn't change though? It wasn't like thinking about it was suddenly going to make her an easier person— a better person.

At Nate's smile, Liv couldn't help but return one back.

Even if it lasted for a second.

"... yeah." She said, her voice coming out as a hushed whisper more than anything, taking a slow deep breath and leaning against the door as a sigh escaped her. Her gaze searching every inch of his face, his grin that seemed entirely unlike him— but it wasn’t fake.

He wasn’t being fake. Nate actually cared enough to thank her— and he was still here.

She missed him.

It was true.

Without Nate she didn’t have anyone to keep her in line, he knew how much he should and shouldn’t use— despite him being the addict that he was, he’d give Liv the things she needed, but nothing more than that.

Without Gen, Liv never had a reason to feel.

With the two of them gone over the summer, Livanna was free to make her own choices as she pleased, to trust herself with the decisions of getting high every single day in the hopes to feel something other than that hole in her chest.

A silence fell upon them, but it was comfortable— quiet. Everything they were feeling beforehand didn’t matter. They weren’t alone, they weren’t hurting, in some odd way— Liv and Nate were one in the same. She glanced up at him and Liv slowly, gently placed her hands on both sides of his face.

“Don't go.”

Liv let the same words escape her lips just as they did a few hours ago, but there was an entirely new meaning to it.

Nate already understood what she meant, and there was a sudden burst of energy out of the two of them as their lips crashed together, it was so easy to slip back into what they used to be.

And what they used to be?

They were... nothing more than what they had to be for each other.

Liv struggled to to keep the strength to hold herself up long enough to deepen the kiss and Nate had taken matters into his own hands, lifting her up as Liv allowed her legs to wrap around him before she was pressed against the front door of the oh-so-empty apartment.

The brunette broke the kiss long enough to take a breath, deciding to ignore all her worries for tonight while Nate's lips trailed to her neck and Liv let out an involuntary moan, closing her eyes tight shut as she imagined the boy in front of her to be someone entirely different. No matter how high she'd gotten or how many distractions Liv offered herself.

The thoughts of her never ceased.

And Livanna was almost convinced they never will.
º º code by ditto º º

danielle howard
@beautyandthebeat has set their status to:
do not disturb

@beautyandthebeat has set their outfit to:
yee haw.

@beautyandthebeat has set their location to:
the kitchen

@beautyandthebeat has mentioned:
N/A

@beautyandthebeat has interacted with:
Damien

@beautyandthebeat has tagged:
Winona Winona

@beautyandthebeat has written a tl;dr:
sorry cole

nothing in dani's head made sense. there were no thoughts in her head that were actual, coherent thoughts. you know when they say someone's thoughts are swimming? that was dani. she could never remember being this drunk but to be honest, she could barely remember her own name.

she could feel how her smile wasn't fading. between the drinks and the attention she was getting from this cute boy, of course she had a stupid smile on her face. it reminded her of the time she found her 9th grade crush at the school's lock in.

jerry eunice. thinking back on it, she could never imagine liking someone named jerry eunice , but at the time she thought he was cute. she was actually able to hold a conversation with him and when the conversation was done, she found herself massaging her cheeks due to smiling so much. it's how she felt now.

except she didn't have a crush on damien

and she was so incredibly drunk

but she couldn't deny the feeling that surged through her when his hand landed on her hip. she hadn't been this close or remotely intimate with someone in she didn't even know how long. the idea, the possibility of their interaction going somewhere was incredibly thrilling to little drunk dani. she was so used to being a "good little girl" because that was what was expected of her. it was expected of her to be a good student, it was expected of her to play nice, it was expected of her to not develop a drinking habit and start sleeping around with anyone who showed her any attention. it was expected of her to be cole's perfect little sister.

but as soon as damien's lips connected wit hers, being a perfect little sister was out the window.

dani was shocked at first, flinching up ever so slightly, but only for half a second. as soon as she realized he was kissing her, her drunk self went into full drive. her hands flew up to his face and hair, her body pushing him back against the cabinet she was just sitting on. to dani, the kiss was electric. not in romantic terms, of course not. but who the fuck cared about romantic terms when she was about to stick her tongue down his throat.

her hands were running through his hair as she opened her mouth more, deepening the kiss. she loved how his curly hair felt between her fingers. she gave his hair a tug, pulling his head back and letting her kisses trail down. from his cheek, his chin, and planting multiple at his neck. she trailed her tongue up to his ear where she gave it a few small nibbles before whispering in the boys ear.

"aren't cowgirls known for riding wild stallions?"

she let out a breathy laugh as she connected her mouth back with his.

oh boy was dani having all kinds of fun tonight

sorry cole

º º code by ditto º º

Genevieve Johannes
@genjohanne has set their status to:
making mistakes

@genjohanne has set their outfit to:
making mistakes

@genjohanne has set their location to:
making mistakes

@genjohanne has mentioned:
making mistakes

@genjohanne has interacted with:
making mistakes/mike

@genjohanne has tagged:
ditto ditto @MakingSoManyMistakes
Gen couldn’t help the grin of satisfaction on her lips. Everything she had sought to do, every word that she had wanted to fall from Mike’s lips… It was picture perfect. Mike was fuming, Gen could feel the heat from across the room as he closed the door once more, fingers fiddling with the lock before sliding it closed. If it wasn’t for the alcohol in her veins, she would have likely just left the room when she had opened the door. The longer she stayed in that room, confined with fucking Michael Reid, the more mistakes she would make. The longer she sat there waiting for something to happen, the more relaxed she became. The longer she waited for anything to happen, the more her subtle victory slipped through her fingers.

Once again, Mike began a dramatic monologue. Blah blah blah, angry angry angry, fuck you fuck you fuck you. The same old routine poured from him leaving Gen to wonder if there was any flavour of original thought in his head. The more she thought the more she almost felt… no, she couldn’t feel bad for him. He was a cocky asshole with an ego that put her own to shame. Mike was the type of scummy guy that played with peoples’ emotions, set them ablaze and laughed at the ashes. Gen had known him long enough to know that while the boy could be a lot of fun, playing with him was like playing with a fork near an electrical socket.

“I’m simple, and easy to understand, and easy to change, and easy to anger, and easy to turn in any way that you want to. I’m putty in your hands, right?”

Gen rolled her eyes, leaning back onto her hands. Putty, he says? Cute. Although Gen loved power, and that was absolutely no secret, she had no desire to have any control over Mike. The arguing was fun, she enjoyed getting under his skin and tearing up shit in his mind. All of that simple entertainment would drip away if he became a subservient pushover. Besides, in order to have power, you must have ammunition to exert said power. For Mike, Gen was fairly certain that there was no worse enemy to him then himself.

“And, if you know me so well, you should know, there’re two things that really fucking piss me off: people who think that they know more than me and people who think that they can tell me what to do.”

Mike moved closer as Gen looked up at him, her eyebrow raising in the sudden change of energy in the room. She had to stop herself from asking questions, her smile turning into a sly smirk as his hand carefully met the bottom of her elegant chin. What a strange turn of events. Was Mike really that desperate for human contact that he was going after Genevieve of all people? Maybe it was the anger that set him off, her harsh words and cunning tone and suggestive touches. Maybe it was the mixture of useless feelings and expensive liquor that was making Gen so stupid as to give into the fun.

Fuck it. She had already lost everything, already made a monumental dumpster fire of everything she held near and dear to her heart. What was one more screw up?

“And if you know that, then you should know one other thing—”

Gen reached her hand up, fingers tangling in Mike’s dark hair as she lulled him in, her legs wrapping carefully around his waist. The second he kissed her, Gen knew it was over for both of them. They were at a stalemate. Two drunken friends, or whatever they were, in the throes of rage and self-pity under the watchful eye of intoxication.

“I don’t let either last for very long.”

With a roll of her eyes and a shake of her head Gen pulled Mike in again, her lips meeting him with a sort of ferocity and hunger that she hadn’t entirely seen in herself before. Gen was all one for revenge fucking, all one to take out her emotions on the nearest body that was willing to have her, but this was new. She was still mad, she was still fucking sickened by what Mike and Liv had done, but none of it really mattered. There was a sort of silent rule shared between them, a compromise that they both had wanted to hear. Emotions aside, petty ex-fucking bullshit aside, they were just having fun, blowing off steam they had been keeping inside for far too long.

Besides, anyone who knew Gen and Mike knew that they’d get here eventually. At least the motive behind it was unpredictable and fun for a change.

Pulling away from Mike as Gen took a desperate gasp of air, she lowered her legs and stood up, carefully steadying herself as she reached over to grab the glass of whiskey. Her spare hand remained on Mike’s waist, her fingers carefully pulling up the hem of his shirt as she downed her whiskey. With the cup back on the table, Gen spun the two around so that Mike was against the desk with Gen’s other hand on the other side of him.

“Well, who would’ve guessed that this would happen, hmm Michael?” Gen laughed as she played with the buttons of Mike’s shirt, carefully popping them open one by one. “Here we are, all over each other even though we cannot particularly stand one another right now. The irony is incredible, really. This will definitely be a tale that you will be telling your friends after we’re done. ‘I pissed Genevieve Johannes off so much that she let me in her pants’. What a badge of honour, Michael.”

Gen pulled open the rest of Mike’s shirt, her lips delicately finding his neck as she finished popping open the last button.

“Now, how about we cut the shit and get to the fun part.” Gen said, leaning forward so that she was once again beside Mike’s ear. Her hand reached out and flicked off the lamp, casting the room into darkness. “Do try to keep up, Mike. I’d hate to outdo you.”

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: social queen

OUTFIT: ronnie mcdonald

basics
MENTIONS:
JJ

INT:
ditto ditto (Kelli)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Veronica Crosby
Ronnie shook and shimmied, doing her best to match the joyous energy Kelli was radiating back at her. How could the new girl already be so fun and free? When Veronica had first started attending Hollywood Arts, she probably would have never left her dorm room if she wasn't rescued by her group of girlfriends. She felt a twinge of envy for her genuine nature, subdued but coming around to trying new things. Ronnie longed to be that way on the inside, although who's to say the girl across from her wasn't thinking the same thing?

Well, if Kelli was, it was nonsense and Ronnie of all people knew she was way more cut out for being a social butterfly than she herself was.

"You're so right!" Ronnie yelled back, her voice peeking just barely over the threshold of audibility, "I wish guys dressed in just togas every day!" Although the attractive males at the party stood out to her by leagues more than the females, Ronnie still had to admire the bold (original or not) looks everyone was pulling off. In fact, she'd hoped to go compliment JJ's costume, but she didn't really know the girl all too well and it felt awkward. That and the girl was just plain scary.

"Oh, stop it, Kells. You look just as great!" she interjected, shaking her head with disbelief, "Or are you saying my eyeliner job was ugly?" She gave a facetious wink, grabbing Kelli by the hands to dance together for a moment. She pulled away, half listening to her friend and half making eyes at a group of boys.

Still idly dancing, Ronnie leaned in to whisper in Kelli's ear, covering her mouth with her hand as she looked on to the boys, who all seemed to be going together as... uh... hot guys? Ronnie couldn't really tell if they had a costume at all, but they looked great anyway. "That blonde guy is totally checking you out!" she squeaked, praying her assessment was true for the sake of her friend. After all, who wouldn't want to make a move at an attractive upperclassman at a high school party?

"I propose we really get our dance, dance, dance on now—maybe they'll come over and ask us out!" She smiled wide, giggling enthusiastically. "Parties are for networking! Except instead of career stuff, you get super popular." With that, the redhead, cranked the dance meter up two notches, being careful not to hit someone in the face with her glass. That would be bad, and so not sexy of Ronnie.

Surprisingly, this party was going pretty well; it was nothing like the last one at Dei's place. Maybe this whole social thing wouldn't be so hard after all, especially when there were so many new people to share the fun with. This would be Veronica's best—and only—sophomore year yet. In other words, it was time for Dark Ronnie to make her stunning debut, clown getup and all.
code by valen t.

MOOD: fucky lucky o'cock

OUTFIT: black shorts

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter (Lucky)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Javier Cervantes
A heavy drinker, Javi was not. Out of all the things to be insecure about, he still chose that fact to weigh on his mind at social gatherings. What kind of strapping young man can't handle his liquor? Not one that parties, that's for sure. Thus the contradictory situation of Javier Cervantes' drinking habits was born.

Not only was he practically a lightweight with a stomach just about as sensitive as his emotions, but he was... quite the character when intoxicated. And that was saying something, given the colorful personality that came with his sober state. Unfortunately, exercise plans for inflamed stomach lining aren't as easy to come by as simple abdominal workouts.

The shirtless boy gratefully took the bottle from Lucky, stupidly smelling the liquid and making it ten times worse to down anything at all. He hesitantly moved it to his lips, taking only one digusting sip before handing it back. "Actually, I think I've had enough," he confessed, mostly as an excuse not to deal with the struggle of continuing his drinking. At least it wasn't a lie, which should have been plenty obvious by that point. Javi could hardly stand up straight—let alone think straight—leaning his head against the nearest wooden bookcase.

Lucky didn't seem much for conversation. Regardless of whether the fault was on his or Danny's part, he wasn't doing so hot. Every second of wordless staring weighed on Javi's back; was Lucky judging him too or was he just the quiet type? He hated the fact that he cared about that in the first place, but the last thing he wanted was to be the unwanted asshole... again.

But that didn't matter right then, and Javier's shrewd risk-taking repaid him with a smile from the boy standing across from him. He snickered with a delighted grin, cheered up by the gradual melting of Lucky's icy exterior. "Well, Lucky boy, do have I the p-proposition for you," he began, his slurred voice butchering yet another long word. He slowly stalked forward, until he was mere inches away from the other boy.

"You ever get some on some important fuckhead's desk?" he breathed, drawing in even closer. After a quick look over the shoulder to ensure their privacy, Javi gingerly held Lucky's hand in his own, his lustful eyes daring the boy to follow suit. His mouth found itself just outside Lucky's ear in time to murmur, "With another guy?"

His thumb gently rubbed the boy's outer hand while the rest of his fingers softly squeezed at his palm. This was exactly what Javier needed, all of his stress melting away with the bold lead he was taking. His brown pupils made two dark, circular abysses, beckoning Lucky to let go and lose himself in the moment. He slowly, steadily leaned in, cautious to gauge his reaction every few moments.

What was he shedding tears over earlier anyway? That mishap felt like eons ago, a scathing bout of despair to be overwritten by his and Lucky's shared moment in the office. Neither a moment of weakness, strength, nor any significant feeling other than the blissful emptiness of locked away memories, guarded by a wall of blackout drunkenness.

This was nice.

Please accept, Lucky.

Please, please, please.

Not in a desperate way.
code by valen t.

"Focus on me, I'm about to blow them all away"
Stella Bailey
@Steller.Bae has set their status to:
Confession time, here's what I got...

@Steller.Bae has set their outfit to:
Pika-pika

@Steller.Bae has set their location to:
Going home

@Steller.Bae has mentioned:
N/A

@Steller.Bae has Interacted with:
Zeph ( Winona Winona )

It was weird hearing Zeph stutter in his words. It wasn't very like him especially since what he was saying didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. He was just saying he understood.

This whole night had been weird. She couldn't tell yet if it was a good weird, or a bad weird, but it was weird, and she was ready to move past it. She wanted to feel normal right now. Not these stupid butterflies in the pit of her stomach. Being this close was comforting and nerve wracking all at the same time if that was even possible.

She glanced up at him, but he was looking out the window. As he started to speak up again it was obvious he was trying to tell her something but was having issues getting it out. What could he be so nervous about? Was something going on with him too tonight, or the past few? Was he finding it just as hard this past week to talk about things after their kiss?

Yup that kiss. It really all started with that kiss huh? (Fuck Ronnie for even being the start of that. Was it fair to blame Ronnie? No, but that wasn't going to stop her)

She didn't know what to think about that kiss anymore. It was clear to her now more than ever that things were different no matter how much she wanted to deny and pretend it hadn't. For better or worse things were shifting, and she wasn't sure what to do or even where exactly it was going, and the more he was slowly getting his thoughts across the faster her heart was beating in her chest.

Not just a hang out? What did he mean by that? Her eyes were fixed on him stitched in confusion wishing more then ever he was his usual articulate self because this anticipation was killing her.

Date!? Did he just suggest they have a date night? Like a real date-date night? He wanted to date her? The word date bounced around her head left her shook because...while she didn't know where this was going she didn't expect that.

"Y-you wanna have a date with me?" She repeated confused, shocked, flattered, nervous, curious and many other emotions "A real one?" it was almost unbelievable.

He was her best friend, so in theory who better right? Was that how he was looking at it? Was this new? Had this been beneath the surface the whole time and she just never saw it? There were so many questions.

Stella's track record however wasn't very good. Her first boyfriend she had to dump to focus on her career, and they never saw each other. Then her second boyfriend dumped her for the freshman equivalent of the prom queen. Once again doesn't see him anymore clearly. She didn't wanna possibly lose Zeph. She couldn't really imagine a bad reason they would break up, but just because she couldn't think of it didn't mean it wasn't possible.

Even putting all that aside, imagining a reason he'd want to date her was weird to her. Ok yes they were best friends and all, but getting asked out on a date after she ditch him tonight, and kept him in the dark for two nights, and was acting weird all week? Like if he was ever going to ask her out why now? When arguably things were at their weirdest.

Was this a good idea?

But...it was Zeph. Zeph was different. That's what she'd always said and believed. She just never thought "different" in this kind of way. Not till the kiss at least.

That's why she cared if he wanted to flirt with other girls. Why she cared if he cared about her flirting. Why she didn't want him to know about the Kordei situation. Why she couldn't stop blushing around him, and why she liked being so close to him right now...liquor or no liquor. Just the liquor offered an excellent excuse you know if he wasn't asking her out right now.

She swallowed hard lightly biting her lip, "I'd...I'd like that." admitted gently giving his hand a light squeeze.

Then the thought dawned on her. Zeph is always there to help her, and she just finished complaining about this whole dating thing with her managers. What if he was just trying to be helpful. What if she was taking this whole thing the wrong way? He didn't need to be a part of all that for her sake if he was.

Dating her publicly would...would put him in the eye as well, and he didn't need that extra pressure and scrutiny just for her appearance sake. She was tired of putting her career above everyone and everything. She felt that while she still had a long way to go...she was good enough right now to not need to sacrifice all the time for it anymore. He wasn't a sacrifice she was willing to make.

She sat up just a bit hoping he'd turn to look at her, "This isn't because of the manager thing right? Cause you know you don't have to help me with that. I know I was complaining, but you shouldn't have to deal with that either. I'll handle it I promise." she assured him.

Her whole face was red as a tomato by now as she tried to explain herself. God this was a weird night. "But um. If you're sure about wanting to...you know. Date...me." Ugh words were so hard right now, why was she so tongue tied.

"I could wanna give it a try." There it was. "But only if that's what you want too. You matter a lot to me, and I don't wanna risk that..." She trailed off softly.
º º code by ditto º º

"Queens without Kings are historically better"
Naomi Elizondo
@MiniMimi has set their status to:
I pick my poison and it's you.

@MiniMimi has set their outfit to:
Werewolf rawr

@MiniMimi has set their location to:
Halloween party

@MiniMimi has mentioned:
N/A

@MiniMini has Interacted with:
Alex ( Soap Soap )
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽
☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽ ☽

Wow...what a kiss. That was amazing to say the least. Alex was the whole package and then some in her eyes right now. She could honestly say she wanted nothing more then to take her back to her place and spend the rest of the evening with her, and even better if she could wake up next to her.

Wait....no, no, nope! She could not think that. she needs to take that back. It was ONE kiss. One kiss shouldn't have her thinking like that. Fuck this. Why'd she kiss her? Well Alex kissed first, but she returned it...fuuuuuuck. This was NOT going to end well.

No, everything was fine! She could still come out of this unscathed. It was just a kiss. A nice casual flirty, even if much anticipated, kiss. Not some big long make-out session. Still could be totally meaningless in the long run. Right?

Did she just use the word date? Yup she did. Naomi had said hang out to be strategic. A bit of a loophole she was hanging onto for a reason. Would it be a dick move to correct her? Probably. This territory was getting more and more dangerous by the second, and Naomi was starting to feel like she was in too deep. For the first time in her life she felt like she'd bitten off way more then she could chew.

"I believe in you. You got it, so just let me know." She shimmed shifting her position to feel a bit more comfortable, but the discomfort she felt wasn't a physical one. She just hoped it all was staying internalized and not on display for Alex. She didn't wanna make the girl feel bad in any way, because she did care. She did really like the stunning brunette before her. She did genuinely believe she was amazing and undeserving of a girl like Naomi who wasn't good for anything more then a couple hook ups.

Just when she thought it was going to pass, it hit. The confession. Normally that'd be great! That'd be the goal, but somehow it just made her stomach churn. She knew exactly what Alex's words meant. She wasn't just saying she liked her like she'd been saying all night. No this was more, and while she was saying it in the most adorable way possible, it was terrifying. She looked so wonderful with that bright wide smile on her lips. Those soft warm lips. God it had to be illegal to be this irresistible. To have the ability to have this much influence on her own heart after only such a short amount of time. It wasn't fair to either of them honestly.

The one ounce of luck came in the fact Alex had left her words vague enough to be open for interpretation. That mixed with the fact that she was drunk and Alex felt drunk there was a silver lining. Technically she didn't say anything she didn't already know. She knew Alex thought she was amazing even if she didn't fully understand why. She knew that Alex liked her. Why else would they be spending all this time together?

Naomi had a few options.

Option A. Actually take a chance on life and feelings, and dive head first into this amazing individual in front of her, and risk it all. This option was out of the question the moment it crossed her mind. A moment of bliss for it to just crash and burn once Alex really got to know her or life decided to be the bag of bitch it always was? Nope. Not choosing this was doing Alex a favor.

Option B. She could freak out internally but externally lie and say she didn't care about her in that way. Get the heartbreak over with up front. This just seemed extra rude. Flirt with her all night, kiss her then turn around and say she didn't like her? Something told her that was a death wish waiting to happen.

Finally option C. Play it off and deal with this problem another day, and get the hell out of doge for the night. Yah that's the one. "I'd hope so, I mean our future movie nights, might be a bit awkward if you didn't" She giggled before hearing her phone go off. She took it out a moment praying for a sweet escape and man did her cousin deliver.

"That's my ride." She smiled back at Alex before giving her another soft peck on the lips...since they were apparently at that point now. "I've gotta go Ranger, but I'll talk to you tomorrow?" She offered before standing up and offering her hand if she wanted to get up to.
º º code by ditto º º

♔ MICHAEL REID ♔
"aren't i fucking angelic?"
@reiditandweep has set his status to:
[ Mike Reid is offline ]

@reiditandweep has set his outfit to:
[ Mike Reid is offline ]

@reiditandweep has set his location to:
[ Mike Reid is offline ]

@reiditandweep has mentioned:
[ Mike Reid is offline ]

@reiditandweep has interacted with:
Gen and Ryder, technically.

@reiditandweep has tagged:
geminiy geminiy sunshineysoul sunshineysoul

@reiditandweep has written a tl;dr:
Wrap-up post for Mike. He's just, uh...kinda regretting everything he's done. No biggie.
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁✁
I’d hate to outdo you.

• s • k • i • n •

The road ahead was bleary behind the cracked windshield. Whether it was from the delirium or from the alcohol coursing through his veins, Michael couldn’t be sure, though it was probably a mix of the two. Either way, he knew that he shouldn’t be driving, but that wasn’t going to stop him.

What, you thought that Mike had forethought? You thought that Mike cared about the consequences? Check yourself, babe.

The music, playing lowly through his speakers, was some too-happy, too-poppy tune that he couldn’t quite place, and he reached over and turned it down, trying to keep his focus on the blurry, double-outlined, swimming road ahead of him.

There was always a certain numb that overcame him after sex— or maybe numb wasn’t the right word for it. Maybe a…clarity was more like it. A moment where, after the peak was reached and it all came tumbling down, he realized what he’d just done, realized everything that had happened and everything that had led up to it, and felt…he didn’t fucking know. Guilt? Shame? Pride?

Or maybe he just felt nothing. Maybe that was what that emotion was: the absence of an emotion, a span of pensiveness without any burning anger, without any vitriol, without any cares to what others would think or what they would say.

This was the part where he bummed a cig and then left without saying goodbye. This was the part where he realized that he was nothing but what everyone told him that he was: a whore who wouldn’t amount to anything and whose only worth was trying too hard; a whore whose mark on the world would disappear like a drawing in the sand.

That was what tonight had been, hadn’t it?

He tried to focus on the world behind his windshield.

He wasn’t proud of himself.

He knew that he’d have to go on acting like he was.

He knew that he’d have to go on, acting like he didn’t care, acting like he had no shame, acting like tonight was just a night of victory for him.

After all, Mike Reid’s worth was defined by his pride, was defined by his egoism…

He was defined by everyone’s notions of what he had to be— of what a whore’s son had to do to prove himself— because he realized that he thought the same thing.

And it was times like these that he asked himself: why did I come here?

The answer seemed simple enough. To make something of himself

But if that was what he was here to do, then what the hell was tonight?

A mistake.

Tonight was a mistake.

From the first conversation with…him, tonight had been a fucking mistake.

He wished that he could take it back. He wished that…none of this had ever happened.

Bet the bitch hadn’t had anyone sleep with her and then wish that it hadn’t happened before, huh?

There was a first time for everything.

Michael turned into the driveway of the mansion that he hadn’t seen in a solid…what, three months? Four months?

A solid too fucking long.

He reached up to take his halo off to throw it into the passenger seat, but he found that it wasn’t there.

The angel lost his halo.

What, was that fucking symbolism?

Mike didn’t even bother to take his keys out of the ignition, pushing out of his clunker and slamming the door. He walked to the door, footsteps staggered, and he threw it open.

“Ryder!” he called. “’s your bathtub still got a vacancy?”
º º code by ditto º º

kellian phelan
dance, dance.
@phelanthebeat has set her status to:
Wrap-up time!

@phelanthebeat has set her outfit to:
Ahem. "Don't have sex with my sister!" Ahem. "Kelli, I will buy you a pickax!" Ahem. "Vibes, man!" (Is this working?)

@phelanthebeat has set her location to:
The party!

@phelanthebeat has mentioned:
N/A

@phelanthebeat has interacted:
Ronnie

@phelanthebeat has tagged:
hery hery

@phelanthebeat has written a tl;dr:
Kelli's wrap-up post!
Kelli laughed, shaking her head insistently at Ronnie’s teasing. “No, never! This is the best eyeliner job I’ve ever seen!” she chirped.

When Ronnie took her by the hands to dance with her, Kelli’s bubbly laughter took her once again. Ronnie’s eyes were on a group of boys, and Kelli’s eyes shifted over to them, too. Everyone’s a freaking god…oh my God…wowie wow wow…

“That blonde guy is totally checking you out!” Ronnie squeaked.

Kelli felt her face heat up, and she quickly looked away from the group and to her redheaded friend. “Oh, uh…” She giggled, risking a glance back at the group, suddenly self-conscious. She reached to run a hand through her hair before she realized that she still had it hidden beneath her brother’s beanie—

Oh, maybe they were just checking her out because they thought that she was Kian. That made more sense.

She shook her head, laughing softly. “Yeah, let’s dance!” she agreed with Ronnie, and with that, she began to dance the night away.

Tonight was fun.

Determinably fun.

Here’s to friends!

Here’s to dancing!

Here’s to, uh, romance! Maybe! Probably not!

Here’s to…

Here’s to a fresh start!
º º code by ditto º º​

Zephyr Evermore

Stella

N/A

Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
She... she seriously thought he was just asking that because of her managers? He laughed lightly in response, shaking his head softly. Now, finally, Zeph had turned his dark gaze from staring out the window to look down at her with a gentle smile on his lips. With his words out there, and with her having not responded in... you know... any kind of negative way, Zeph was feeling significantly more relaxed than he had before. His previous nerves had fallen away and he was mostly back to his normal level of awkward.

"No, no," he quickly said with a slight shake of his head. "No," use other words, Zeph, stop just repeating the same one, jeez, "no, it's not because of your manager thing -- promise. I wouldn't date someone just because of... that. Especially not you -- not because I wouldn't want to date you, but because you deserve something..."

Fuck, Zeph, fuck, where was he going with that?

"Real. You deserve something real."

Oh lord, oh god, maybe he hadn't gotten back to his normal level of awkward. Maybe he was still in that heightened state of being where he made next to no sense. Why was this happening? Usually he was smooth, calm, and collected, especially around Stella, but the current topic of their conversation was throwing him for a hell of a loop.

"I would... like to date you," he clarified again. "As in like yeah, yeah... I'd... yeah," and Lin had really asked HIM for advice, "I would like to be your boyfriend, Stella. Because I really like you and I don't... I know, it's kinda scary because of our friendship but I don't... I don't think anything would go wrong, you know? And like even if we break up, I think we're good enough friends that we'd be able to go back to normal." Plenty of people returned to normal friendship after dating, right?

They were drawing closer to her place, and Zeph kind of wanted to get this all out before they got there.

"I'm sure. Positive. I want to date you."
º º code by ditto º º

Users who are viewing this thread

Back