• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here

SIMONE GUTIERREZ

For a lot of reasons, Simone had a lot on her mind. And for a lot of reasons, she wasn’t doing as great as she normally felt.

Since Lock-in and since she had maybe just a little too much to drink, that one almost moment that happened between her and Alex weighed so heavily on her mind that going through the rest of the night and the week that followed was difficult for her. Classes and time blurred together that she hardly registered it. She paid attention, of course. And she hung out with people so it wasn’t to make it seem like everything inside was falling apart.

Well, it wasn’t. Simone wasn’t dramatic. She didn’t even want to consider that she could blow things way out of proportion. But at the same time, as the week came to and end and the weekend did too, she found herself thinking about it.

The kiss.

Or the almost kiss.

Yeah, who was she kidding? It wasn't a kiss but she damn near almost made it into one.

Alex was...different than most of her friends. There was definitely something there between them, but whether it was just a very forward sexual attraction between them or potentially something more wasn’t clear to Simone. Hell, she wasn’t even clear why she pursued Alex so boldly. Alcohol had a lot to do with it and maybe hearing Naomi’s name being mentioned...repeatedly struck some kind of chord with her.

But that wasn’t the extent of it.

As she got ready for school, throwing on a black blouse and a pair of jeans, Simone didn’t want to let those thoughts consume her. It wasn’t because she didn’t want to figure this out. Even as she grabbed her purse and made her way out of her room, she knew that she wanted to, but without knowing what she felt, how was Simone going to figure anything out.

Besides, Alex wasn’t the only girl in Simone’s life that made waves in this past week.

Nickie Abrams. Simone often found herself feeling bad for the junior. Between the Twitter drama that Simone tried not to get herself neck deep in, though sometimes it was entertaining as all hell and then this latest spat she had with a few choice people, but her boyfriend specifically, Simone just couldn’t help herself from showing the brunette some sympathy. Life was handing her a shitty break after shitty break and she needed someone in her corner.

But when Nickie told her about everything, Simone had her own two cents. She never blamed Nickie and never accused her of being an attention whore, but when it came to Hunter, one of the few sophomores Simone wished would stop trying to make a name for themselves by being an obnoxious little shit, she felt that them getting back together so soon wasn’t a great idea. She told Nickie as much, but she didn’t say more than just that. At the end of the day, when it came to whomever Nickie wanted tos pend her time with, Simone firmly believed that nobody’s opinions mattered more than the her and the one Nickie’s dating.

No matter how unbearable Hunter Drake was.

“Hey Simi, been a while.”

Simone laughed as Nickie struggled to get but a single greeting out. “Hey yourself.” She offered her roommate a casual wave. “Yeah, I’ll say.” Simone wasn’t the type to mince words, but she was trying not to come off too sarcastic in her reply. Key word trying.

“I should, uh…I should be getting to school. I told Hunter that I’d hang out with him this morning, and I don’t want to, like, not hold up my word. Catch you around?”

For a moment, Simone thought about just letting Nickie go. It was clear she was feeling all sorts of tense and even as she started to make her way towards the door, the moment that she let out a sigh was the moment that Simone sealed Nickie’s fate.

“Hold up!” She spoke in an almost paralyzing way. “I’ll drive you.” And that came out more a statement of facts rather than a suggestion that was up for debate.

Simone had grabbed Nickie’s keys, specifically centering around Old Blue. She had her own car, but she didn’t see any point in driving it to school - not when she and Nickie could just carpool.

“And don’t worry, I won’t badger you about your boyfriend. Promise!”

As difficult as it would be for her, Simone liked to think she could keep her word.

“Cute jacket by the way.” Simone complimented Nickie as they were out of the apartment, into old blue, and en-route to school

now playing...

mood: Pushing through

outfit: Ready for school

mentions: Alex, Hunter, Nickie

interactions: Nickie

tags: ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

Mikaela Ainsley

Corrupt her. That was accurate. What else would you call asking your friends to do drugs and alcohol, and go bat shit crazy with you.

“You aren’t serious, are you?” Tori asked, her brows furrowing. “Let me get this straight: you want me to join you on one of your benders?” She pointed between herself and Mikaela at the pronouns before picking up her nearly-empty Coke can. She studied Mikaela’s face, and then rolled her eyes. “Or you’re just saying that to tease me,” she concluded.

A cat like grin spread across Mikaela’s face.

Got her. Hook, line sinker.

“Oh come on Tori. I wouldn’t tease you like that.”

Well she would but not at this moment. This was a serious offer.

“I’m dead serious. You and me, on one of my adventures. Come on, it’ll be fun.”

Also wild and reckless, possibly even a little dangerous. A lot of things that Tori would probably shake her head and drop her jaw at. Flat out disapprove of in fact. But one step at a time, she’d figure that out once they got there.

You heard her right. Once they got there, not if. She was getting Tori to join her, no question. It was just gonna take a fair bit of prodding and pushing. Plenty of persuasion, but she liked to think she was pretty good at convincing others. Tori was certainly interested enough to listen and find out if she was being serious.

Well there were other possible reasons but that was the one Mikaela was telling herself.

“We don’t have to dive in head first.” That was how Mikaela usually did it but she could make an exception for Tori here, so long as it meant that she got her excuse, so she could ease off that guilt a bit.

Funny logic she supposed. Dragging another friend into doing drugs and alcohol, wild activities, just so she felt less guilty about the pain she was inviting upon her family every time she engaged in those activities. She supposed she should actually be feeling more guilt if anything. After all, she was inviting potential ruin into one of her friends lives by introducing her to her lifestyle.

That was on Tori though. If she fell prey to the addiction and all, it wasn’t Mikaela’s fault. Twisted thinking, right?

But again, she really didn’t have the capacity to care about anyone else and still be able to function like she was supposed to. She was already stretched to her limit just caring about her family.

“We can start with something simple. No alcohol, no drugs, just a few fun ice breaker activities,” Like dirt biking or sky diving, or bungee jumping. “like say the amusement park or a party, and yeah if we go to a party I wouldn’t drink, at least for the first one.” Just a few sips here and there when Tori wasn’t watching.

She’d tone it down a little for her friend but this was just a proposal, proposals always underwent changes and there was no rule that she couldn’t maybe tack something else on later if Tori agreed to this one.

mood
Let's go a little wild

outfit
outfit

playing...
song title here

by artist here​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Tori

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

Spencer Gray

They both seemed somewhat disappointed with his feedback. Deflated or defeated almost. Spencer got that feeling. He’d been there before, back when he was preparing for that New Year’s Eve performance and he obsessed over perfecting that one move that tripped him up. He could have and should have just left it once he got it right, but he became fixated on the idea of perfecting the move, to ensure he would make no mistakes. And that obsession ruined everything.

He respected their desire to put on the best possible performance, he felt the same way. Anytime he stepped on the stage, if he wasn’t giving it his very best, putting on a great routine, it would eat at him after. But obsession could be dangerous, and while he wasn’t very good at handling his own obsession, he could at least try to help them with theirs.

Maeve spoke up, proposing the possibility of changing one of the moves just in case. He played the routine through his mind to pinpoint which move she was specifically talking about. Once he picked it up, he played that specific part out in his head, gears churning as he considered ways they could possibly make it easier while beside him the pair continued talking.

It wasn’t his dance routine and he’d only been invited to watch and give feedback but here he was jumping straight in, searching for ways to possibly help them with their routine.

Call it an occupational hazard or a crime of passion or whatever, but he loved dancing and so he couldn’t really help but want to assist.

"If we swapped it out for something else," Zeph started, his words slow as he tried to think while speaking, and then he gave a defeated, heavy sigh. "There's nothing we could really... switch it for without having to change the lead up, and then the after stuff, and... We’d have to redo half the dance and we've only got two weeks left." He snapped.

The stress was really starting to hit Zeph, the tone of his voice, the frustration and exasperation in his movements. It really reminded Spencer of how he had been before that New Year’s Eve performance, his final performance with his dance crew.

“I don’t think you need to swap the move out for something else. “ Spencer offered. “Maybe if you just tweak the entry into the move, like so.” He demonstrated what he meant, slowly going through the steps as he imagined, picking up a little more pace as he went along.

“I think that might help make the subsequent steps a bit smoother and easier, but you two can definitely make the original work if you want to, you both have the talent to do so.” Hopefully he wasn’t making things worse with this.

They didn’t need his interference making an even bigger mess of things, especially since it wasn’t his performance and they were so passionate about it.

“Why don’t you two take a short break to get some water and think about it?” Spencer suggested.

Before the dance maniac in him got the better of him and did or said something stupid.

mood
don't screw things up

outfit
outfit

playing...
WONDER

by Shawn Mendes​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Zeph, Maeve

tags
Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Avery Ohtani

His first ever school event was in the books, as was his first ever game with friends! Real friends! Ok so Avery had made a couple of mistakes playing ‘Would you rather’ but it had still been great fun, asking questions, learning more about the group he’d played with.

And it felt great to stay up and out late. He’d never done that before. School really was just full of new experiences and every passing day made him happier than the last. He was glad he was able to convince his parents to let him come. Classes were even better than he had imagined, even if the teachers and some of his classmates could be a little scary at times.

He was going to spend four whole years here. Just imagining that, thinking about it, it made him bubble and bounce with joy. It was going to be amazing. By his last year he would have made a ton of friends and had a ton of experiences to fill his journals with and he would no longer get lost whenever he walked around the school.

At least, that’s how he hoped it would turn out. For now, everything on that front was going well except for the not getting lost.

Avery rounded another corner, hoping that maybe this time it would be the right one. Nope, wrong again it looked like. He was sure he followed the directions correctly though. Maybe he’d missed it.

Looking up, he spotted a pair of incredibly good-looking people standing further down the hallway by a locker.

Whoa. They really were like celebrities. Their skin and everything looked flawless, and they just seemed to draw people’s eyes, at least his, towards them.

Amazing.

His feet carried him forward before his brain really computed what he was doing, and before he knew it, Avery found himself standing next to them.

The nerves hit him like a truck. At least, that’s how the saying went. He’d never been hit by a truck before, only a bullet, so he had no clue what that would look like. Perhaps it would be more appropriate to say that they hit him like a bullet then.

In any case, he found himself just standing there for a few seconds while his brain tried to find something to say. What had he even been doing again? Walking, walking…to class? The toilet? His locker? Meet someone? Uh…oh no. He couldn’t think. Just say something.

“Hi, um… I’m Avery Ohtani…and um…I was looking for something and I was wondering if you could help me. I’m a little lost.” Looking for something yes. What exactly that something was, his brain still couldn’t recall.

He scratched the back of his neck as he waited for their response. Hopefully he would be able to remember exactly what it was he was looking for in a bit. On another note, they were seriously attractive, even more so up close, and really tall too.

Come to think of it, the girl seemed to have passed something to the boy too, just before he reached them. And just like that the thought slipped out of his mouth.

“Um what was that you passed him by the way? If you don’t mind me asking.” He added quickly. “I’m just a little curious is all.” He clarified.

Yeah, the boy had no filter and he probably shouldn’t have asked that question, especially to Adriane Holloway and Saint Taylor, but he was young and naïve and had no way of possibly knowing just what that could bring.

Oh Avery you poor naïve soul, here’s to hoping that you don’t get eaten alive.

mood
hello!

outfit
preppy school boy

playing...
song title here

by artist here​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Adriane, Saint

tags
ditto ditto Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

dominicka abrams

Nickie rubbed her eyes tiredly as she tried to side-step Simone. Running on three hours of sleep and two cups of coffee was going to kill her today, but no, she was fine. She was going to enjoy a nice morning with her boyfriend, maybe convince her AP US History teacher to let her steal some coffee from the teacher’s lounge (loved her, total angel), and just…be okay. That said, she could really do without—

“Hold up!”

Nickie froze.

Without having her roommate try and talk to her.

Shit.

She dropped her hands from her eyes, turning to her roommate.

“I’ll drive you,” said Simone, and her voice was firm and assertive.

She wasn’t going to take no for an answer.

Did that stop Nickie from trying, though? Absolutely not.

Simone, really?” Nickie asked in a whine. “There’s no need for…”

But Simone was already grabbing Nickie’s keys. “And don’t worry, I won’t badger you about your boyfriend. Promise!”

Nickie sighed softly, following behind her roommate and heading towards the parking lot.

“Cute jacket by the way,” Simone complimented.

Nickie touched at her denim jacket absently. “Thanks…”

She didn’t believe that Simone wasn’t going to hound her about Hunter.

“You sure you want to drive? I can,” Nickie said. She got in the passenger seat, because she already knew the answer. “It’s like…no big deal,” she continued. “I mean…”

The engine revved, and Nickie let out a long sigh, putting her hand to her head. She rubbed her eyes again.

Ugh…

As Simone began to drive, Nickie leaned her head back against the passenger seat. She wasn’t used to riding in anything beside’s the drivers side of Old Blue, so the view of the road was definitely different.

They rode in silence for a minute, and Nickie stared out the window at the blurs of motion that passed by them.

Why did she feel so…out of it again?

She ran a hand through her hair, and she reached over and turned down the radio, looking out of the windshield. She folded her hands in her lap and let out a long sigh, bouncing her head against the headrest. “Simone…” she started, but she trailed off, staring at the license plate of the car in front of them.

The silence carried on for a minute or so, with no more words from Nickie. Only the purring of the old blue SUV’s perseverant motor and the low singing of some new pop song on the radio filled the air. Nickie closed her eyes, letting the noise and the absence of noise fill her for a moment. She breathed in a long breath.

Nickie didn’t say it a lot, but she really didn’t like to talk. She really didn’t like to be around people. She really didn’t like the noise and the busyness and the chaos of everyone. She didn’t like to have eyes on her. She didn’t like…people. Nickie liked the attention, sure, but people…people were tiring, people were loud, people were happy, and people just…she couldn’t deal with them.

You wouldn’t know it from how she acted. She went to parties, even if she mostly hung on the outskirts of them. She bitched with bitches, she danced with dancers, she was friendly, she was outgoing, she tried to be helpful, she smiled and played like she was having fun. She tried to put herself out there, but she just…hated it. She only did that because she felt like that was what she should do, who she should be…and it just wore her out.

Nickie always felt like she had to be someone who she wasn’t, though. Like she had to constantly try, try, try. Not that she was a try hard or anything, but…damn it, maybe she was.

It didn’t fucking work, apparently. See the fucking lock-in, with Ash: trying to help? Trying to be what people needed? Nickie was fucking miserable at it.

Even with Hunter, Nickie tried to never show him anything less than the “good side” of her— not that it was very good. The bright, smiley, cheery girl, eager-to-go and eager-to-please was the girl who she wanted to be for him, because he seemed to like it. And…and the “bad side” slipped through too much— the real her, the side that didn’t constantly try, the side that just was her even when it didn’t want to be.

The gross. The selfish.

The…attention whore, really.

But with Simone…she didn’t know. Simone took no shit, tolerated no faces, wouldn’t put up with even seeing it. That was another thing about her that Nickie didn’t know whether she loved or she hated— Simone made her be herself, in all of its bare, unadulterated messiness.

But that meant that Nickie really didn’t have to try around her. When she did try, it all fell away quickly, and then they were just left with Dominicka Abrams, the girl with the too-long name and the emotional baggage and nothing really else to talk about, but it was…okay with Simone.

Nickie hated it, but…she appreciated it, she guessed.

And…so, she felt like she had to offer Simone something: “I’m…sorry.”

She looked over at the driver, trying to manage a smile but failing. “I’m sorry that I avoided you the past couple of days,” she said. “It’s just…I dunno. You said you didn’t like me and Hunter getting back together, and that pissed me off.” She sighed softly. “Like, I don’t think you get it, like…I love Hunter, Simi. Like, I don’t know if you’ve ever felt that before, but, like…I dunno. I felt like I was going to lose him and I just…I just like, wanted him back, you know? And now that we’re back together, I’m…I’m happy.”

Enough. Happy enough.

Losing sleep, sure.

Feeling ill when she thought about it for too long, sure.

But she was happy enough.

Because she, like…she needed to be.

She loved him. She had to be happy with this.

If not, she had nothing left.

“Like…” Nickie ran a hand through her hair. “He’s too good to lose, Simone. He’s…? Like…? I don’t know. I just, like…I know you don’t think that I should’ve made up with him, but…I mean, it was really him who made up with me, so like…like, I was just sorry. I couldn’t not be sorry for…for…for pissing him off like that. For…for…”

She didn’t want to think about it too hard— think about that argument, think about the reasons.

If she did, she’d get to thinking that she was right again, which…no, no.

She shook her head, trying to dismiss that thought, looking out the windshield. “I just think you were wrong. Are wrong. Me and Hunter? We’re built to last, Simone. We love each other…and, like…that’s all you need, right…? Like, yeah, there are issues, but I don’t want to think about them. It’s fine, like. Everything has problems, but they’ll go away. We’re nearly a month into this relationship, so like…it’ll get better, and then I can be all, like, I told you so.” She laughed softly at her weak joke, and then sighed again. “Because…like…I can’t see me without him. Like, I know I didn’t have him before now, but…but I just don’t think I could be anything without him now.”

She looked at Simone again. “You…like, you get it?” she asked.

mood

outfit
casual

playing...
oh god
by mothica​

mentions
hunter

interactions
simone

tags
natsukashii natsukashii

º º code by ditto º º

Victoria Sterling

A cat-like grin spread across Mikaela’s face.

“Oh God,” Tori mumbled beneath her breath, rolling her eyes.

Here she went.

“Oh come on Tori,” Mik said. “I wouldn’t tease you like that.”

You? Tease me?” Tori rolled her eyes. She took the last bite of her waffle and sat her plastic fork in the center of her styrofoam plate with a sigh. “Right..why would I ever suggest such a thing? Not like you do it all the time or anything.”

“I’m dead serious,” Mikaela said. “You and me, on one of my adventures.” Tori looked over at her friend, studying her face. “Come on, it’ll be fun.”

Tori pursed her lips, raising one penciled eyebrow. “Uh-huh…” She picked up her Coke can, finishing off the last bit of her soda, and then she pushed her trash to the side so she could rest her elbows on the table. “‘Fun’, you say…”

She nodded her head to the side, mulling over the idea.

Fun. Fun sounded like a good way to get permanent brain damage or lung cancer, become a walking, interactive encyclopedia of STDs, and get arrested, and Tori did not want to experience any of those options. Sorry, it was a hard pass on becoming a crackhead and dying under a bridge by age eighteen.

“We don’t have to dive in head first,” Mikaela said, and Tori inclined her head towards her.

“What do you say we do, then?” Tori asked skeptically. “What exactly does not diving in head first mean? I only jab a needle into one of my arms instead of two? The cliffs we jump off of are only a hundred foot tall instead of two-hundred or what?”

“We can start with something simple,” Mikaela answered. “No alcohol, no drugs, just a few fun ice breaker activities.”

Tori pursed her lips, leaning further in.

Before you said it— in what world would Tori, as clean as she was, be even remotely interested in doing…that…kind of stuff?

Don’t even think…

Sigh.

Okay, fine. She’d admit it. She was…curious, yeah, yeah.

Look, she’d hear her out, at least. There couldn’t really be any harm in that.

“Like say the amusement park or a party, and yeah if we go to a party I wouldn’t drink, at least for the first one,” Mik said.

Tori breathed in deeply through her nose, and then let the breath out in a long sigh. She dropped a hand to the table, and she stared at it.

Ugh. She was going to regret humoring Mik. She was definitely going to be teased relentlessly by her friend, but…

“Okay, so…say I say yes,” Tori said slowly. “Say…say I say, yeah, fine, I’ll go down this road to Hell with you, I’m totally good with you corrupting me and my reputation, rotting my organs out, and landing me in jail before I turn twenty, little by little or whatever.” She thumped at the side of her empty can, and it gave a tong sound. “Say I’m good with doing everything I’ve been so…vehemently opposed to before in the name of trying something new.”

She looked up at her friend, pursing her lips. “What would be first, huh? You said the amusement park or a party…?” She sighed softly, rolling her eyes and trying to be dismissive. “I’ve been to an amusement park before. What’d be different?” She set her green eyes on Mikaela again. “Convince me.

Not that Tori could be convinced, but…

Okay, maybe she could, yeah.

Look, there was no harm in listening, right?

mood
talking

outfit
white & grey

playing...
be nice to me
by the front bottoms​

mentions
n/a

interactions
mikaela

tags
Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

saint andrew taylor

Saint didn’t approach new people often. He usually only spoke to people that he didn’t know if they spoke to him first. (See: Halloween, when his blood was complimented. See: the weekend, when he’d be approached to have his ass beaten. See: the lock-in, when the girl who ran into him had company.) To be frank, he had better uses of his time than “putting himself out there”. The people who he really cared to speak with, he already spoke with. However, there were certain times in life where duty called— or rather, the insatiable craving for a joint— and on occasion, he’d be fresh out of what duty required. In those cases, Saint took it upon himself to seek out solutions to his problem, which often involved approaching strangers or near-strangers with one question on his lips: weed?

On occasion, he was met with a “go fuck yourself” or a “sorry, I’m fresh out”, but more often, he was met with the same response that the blue-eyed brunette now gave him.

“Yeah.” She sighed and frowned, tilting her to beckon Saint to follow. She started down the hallway. “I guess I can share with you, but you owe me.”

“Of course…,” Saint said, following behind Adriane at his slow, casual pace. He expected as much. She didn’t seem like the benevolent, “no need to repay me” type, which was fine by him.

They came to a stop in front of her locker, and she opened it up. She glanced around, and then slipped a joint out of her backpack. She offered it to Saint, and he took it between his calloused fingers, glancing at it before pocketing it. He moved slowly, of course, with no urgency in his motions; he never tended to move at anything other than a casual, unrushed speed.

“You’re sharing, though,” she said, voice monotone.

“Makes sense…,” he agreed in his own monotone.

Saint turned and began to make his way towards the parking lot. There was a place ideal for hiding before class and smoking that he knew of: around the side of the cafeteria, hidden just beside the parking lot. It was a commonly known spot, of course, and odds were that others would be out there smoking as well. Come to think of it, Saint could have gone to them first, but now, it seemed that he had a tagalong, which he was fairly indifferent to.

However, something— someone— stopped them short of exiting immediately: a small, dark-haired boy came to stop in front of them.

A stoic expression on his face, Saint looked down at the young boy.

“Hi, um…I’m Avery Ohtani…and um…I was looking for something and I was wondering if you could help me,” said the boy. He sounded nervous, for whatever reason. “I’m a little lost.”

Saint studied him in silence for another few moments, trying to assess what this boy was and what he could want. Ah, right…”lost and looking for something”. Was he…a freshman?

Freshmen…hopeless, naïve, and fairly annoying. They always seemed to want something.

They were children, really. In general, he strongly disliked them.

“Lost…,” Saint repeated, glancing over at Adriane to gauge if she shared the same sentiment.

“Um,” Avery spoke up again, and Saint looked back to him, dark brown eyes devoid of care or interest. “What was that you passed him by the way? If you don’t mind me asking. I’m just a little curious is all.”

Saint blinked at him. “She passed m…” And then he realized, and he blinked again.

Did he not know?

Saint glanced at Adriane. The boy seemed to have the knowledge of a five-year-old…

They could educate him, however.

He raised an eyebrow slightly, trying to convey his idea to Adriane, and then he looked back at Avery. He then began to walk towards the doors, getting a few, slow steps away before saying to the young boy, “Come on…”

He made his way out of the building and to the side, walking at his leisurely, unhurried pace, and he came to a stop at the surprisingly empty spot beside the parking lot. He looked at Adriane. “Would you like to show him…?” he asked. “Maybe give the thing a try…?”

The thing was in reference to the child, thought it may’ve seemed like it was in reference to the weed.

mood
weed

outside the school, beside the parking lot

outfit
flowers

playing...
god's plan (drake cover)
by our last night​

mentions
n/a

interactions
adriane & avery

tags
Winona Winona Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

Mikaela Ainsley

From the way Tori was reacting, you would think Mikaela had just asked her to do something completely absurd or exasperating. No need for the dramatic breath and sigh. It wasn’t like she was going to try and get her to do something illegal or anything…

In fact, she hadn’t done anything illegal herself. Dangerous? Yes. Illegal? No.

Ok…so maybe when she took the school keys, Cappie’s wallet and vape pen from him, that was theft, which was a crime, and hence illegal, but she had been very drunk when that happened, Cappie was all good and she was returning everything back to Cappie later. Well, the wallet and the vape pen, since those were his.

“Okay so say…say I say yes,"

Mikaela’s eyes and ears perked up as she looked over at her friend expectantly, propping her elbows up on the table, one hand on top of the other as she rested her chin on the makeshift headrest they formed.

“Say…say I say, yeah, fine, I’ll go down this road to Hell with you, I’m totally good with you corrupting me and my reputation, rotting my organs out, and landing me in jail before I turn twenty, little by little or whatever,”

She rolled her eyes, though a smile was still pressed to her lips. “No need to be so dramatic about it, Tori.”

Must be the writer in her. It was not going to be as bad as she was imagining, not even close. Unless she got addicted or they got caught, and while Mikaela could make zero promises on the former, she could help with the latter. Her newfound love of partying and having a bit too much fun might be public knowledge at this point, but her drug abuse and some of her other less…palatable activities were not.

“Say I’m good with doing everything I’ve been so…vehemently opposed to before in the name of trying something new.”

Yes, go on.

Ask.

Open that door a crack wider.

That way she could at least get a foot in the door and force it open.

“What would be first, huh? You said the amusement park or a party…?”

Only because anything else would probably have been shut down right away given Tori’s rather prudish perspective on things, one she herself might have shared months ago, but yes, Mikaela had suggested those.

Seemed tame enough but also with ripe enough opportunity for her to throw in the necessary thrills and excitements.

“I’ve been to an amusement park before.”

Thank goodness, it would have been a travesty if she hadn’t.

“What’d be different? Convince me.”

There they were.

The two little magic words she was waiting for. That beautiful green light that told her it was a go. Mikaela let her finger run around the top of her coffee cup lazily as she looked at it, then slowly raised her eyes to look at her friend, then off into the distance.

“Don’t you know Tori? The same activity done with different people can make for completely different experiences. You singled out the amusement park so is that your preferred option?” Mikaela paused for a minute, leaning into the palm of her other hand, her free finger still tracing the rim of her cup as she shifted her gaze back to Tori.

“Anyway, since you are so interested,” she dragged the words, “I can enlighten you a bit more on the specifics. An amusement park trip with me could involve different things to help spice it up, like little bets or dares.”

Let’s see, how could she spin this so Tori would be convinced, she was already interested enough to learn more so…

“Or if that is too much for you…we can tone it down a little to a level appropriate for say…a toddler?” A teasing smile played on her lip. Was she really going for the taunting tactic?

Yes, she was.

“After all, I wouldn’t want to overwhelm you by having you do something that is beyond your comfort level. I mean even with all your experience and knowledge, I’m sure there are things that you wouldn’t know – I mean want to do.”

Was this going to work and get Tori to jump on board or blow things up instead? She had no idea, but at least in the worse-case scenario that her friend still refused, well she might at least get an amusing reaction out of it.

mood
Just a bit more now

outfit
outfit

playing...
song title here

by artist here​

mentions
Cappie

interactions
Tori

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

Victoria Sterling

Tori, pursing her lips and waiting for an answer, watched as Mikaela ran her finger lazily around the top of her coffee cup. Tori’s brow raised, and she studied her friend’s casual, relaxed expression. She didn’t look to be in any hurry.

It wasn’t like Tori was impatient…but c’mon, Mik. Your time was running out on how willing Tori was to hear you out.

Breathing out a long sigh, Tori asked, “Well…?”

Mik’s eyes raised to Tori’s, and Tori bounced her eyebrow, shaking her head slightly as a little talk, talk before Mik’s eyes shifted off into the distance.

Tori sighed, leaning her back against the seat and crossing her arms.

“Don’t you know Tori?” Mik asked.

Tori looked over at her. “Know…what?”

“The same activity done with different people can make for completely different experiences.” Mikaela’s face was still relaxed, and Tori swore that she heard a mild triumph in her voice.

“Uh-huh…” Tori’s tone was apprehensive, suspicious, and unbelieving. “Yeah…?”

“You singled out the amusement park so is that your preferred option?” Mikaela shifted her gaze back to Tori, leaning into the palm of her hand and continuing to run her finger along the rim of her cup.

“I—…” Tori started, but she cut herself off.

She had singled out the amusement park, but.

“I mean…,” she tried again, and then she pursed her lips sighing. “Listen…”

She was caught. If she said no, then Mik would suggest something much bigger, just to see Tori’s reaction and to try and get her to say yes to the amusement park, but if she said yes, Mik would relentlessly tease her about something or other in regards to it, whether it be Tori’s seeming willingness to go along with this or her prudish, by-the-book nature that lent her to being so un-daring.

She huffed, shrugging her shoulders and crossing her arms tighter. “Fine,” she admitted reluctantly. “Yeah, I guess over cocaine, cheap booze, and fifty-person-orgies on the bathroom floor of a rando’s mansion, I prefer the amusement park, yeah.” She rolled her eyes, her cheeks reddening.

God, she hated to admit that.

“Anyway, since you are so interested,” Mik began, drawing out her words as Tori looked to her, “I can enlighten you a bit more on the specifics.”

“Please do.” Tori sat up in her seat, keeping her arms crossed and cocking her head towards Mik in a curious manner.

“An amusement park trip with me could involve different things to help spice it up, like little bets or dares,” Mik continued.

“Uh, bets? Dares?” Tori’s brows shifted together for a moment. “I don’t trust that. I don’t gamble.” Or do stupid shit, even if it sounds like I’m interested in it. But then she realized that sounded lame, so she rolled her eyes, scoffing. “Over dumb shit like that,” she clarified. “I don’t gamble over dumb shit like that.”

Like what, exactly? Well, Tori didn’t know.

“Or,” Mik continued, “if that is too much for you…we can tone it down a little to a level appropriate for say…” A teasing smile played at Mikaela’s lips. “A toddler?”

Tori’s expression shifted to one of offense.

“After all, I wouldn’t want to overwhelm you by having you do something that is beyond your comfort level,” Mikaela said. “I mean even with all your experience and knowledge, I’m sure there are things that you wouldn’t know—“ She stopped herself, and then corrected herself in a taunting manner. “I mean want to do.”

Tori blinked at her. “N-No,” she stammered quickly.

She breathed out a long sigh, tapping her finger on her arm. She puffed out her cheeks.

How could she handle this with the elegance and grace that she was known for, not look like a lame-o, and maintain the whole “I’ve done all of this shit, trust me” narrative?

Tori, sadly, only saw one way.

“No,” she repeated, rolling her eyes. She smiled as easily as she could. “My comfort level isn’t fucking toddler level. I can handle…” She trailed off, sighing. “Whatever,” she finished. “I can handle whatever. There’s no need to go easy on me, you know. I can handle whatever you throw at me. I’m not going to get overwhelmed.”

She leaned forward in her seat. “Like you said, I’m experienced.” Her smile played at cockiness. “I know a lot, and I’d wager to say that there’s nothing I can’t handle or that I haven’t handled in some capacity before.”

She was such a liar.

“What, are you wanting to test me with this first one?” Tori asked, raising an eyebrow. “Are you trying to see what I can handle and what I’m willing to do? Well, I can handle whatever, and as far as what I’m willing to do…”

1) Not drugs, 2) not alcohol, 3) not anything that puts me in mortal danger, 4) not anything that that remotely spikes my adrenaline, 5) nothing that involves gambling, 6) nothing that involves public embarrassment, 7) nothing that I’d be embarrassed by, 8) nothing t—

“Psh,” Tori scoffed dismissively. “I’ll humor you.”

She dropped her arms, then propped an elbow up on the table, mirroring Mikaela’s pose and tracing a finger around the rim of her Coke can. “You said…bets…and dares,” Tori said slowly, so as not to appear curious. “What the hell do you mean by that?

mood
talking

outfit
white & grey

playing...
be nice to me
by the front bottoms​

mentions
n/a

interactions
mikaela

tags
Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

"Goddess of Chaos"
Magnolia Darrington
@Rebel.lia.on has set their status to:
Let's find something to get into.

@Rebel.lia.on has set their outfit to:
Crop tops = life

@Rebel.lia.on has set their location to:
School

@Rebel.lia.on has mentioned:
Mikaela, Kian, Javi, Lucky

@Rebel.lia.on has interacted with:
Josie ( jasmyn jasmyn )
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Magnolia Darrington was a lot of things and everyone knew it, but what they might not know is how peaceful she could be. Mostly because for her peers it was such a rare sight. That was purposeful, and honestly the way she liked it. It was the way things had to be anyways, so it helped to have this party girl veil to separate herself from the perception the world saw. So even if she went MIA everyone would just assume she was off on some crazy adventure, and she could either lie and say she was or play the mystery card and keep her lips seal letting their imagination do all the work for her.

Which exactly when she'd done the past week and a half or so since the lock-in. She didn't honestly remember or care to remember most of what happened after arriving at the school with Mikaela. She figured considering who she showed up with that whatever happened was a blast, and the fact she wound up back in her apartment without no bruises by the next morning meant she was decently behaved. She vaguely remembered helping lock some guy and girl out which was pretty fun, but past that everything else blurred together in a drunken haze. Trying too hard to remember just hurt her head so unless someone else was going to bring up some shenanigans she'd done she wasn't going to worry about it.

She was able to forget about her woes and that was the goal, however she couldn't stay that way. Time passed by quicker then expected considering she still wasn't talking to one of her best friends for reasons she still didn't understand. She hadn't activly been trying to figure it out either, in fact avoiding the entire thought had been her main strategy. However now it was more..."it's been too long so if I talk to him I need a damn good excuse for why." So now until she figures out that excuse AND why she's just going to keep up her bad decision making because let's fact it that's what she's best at right?

Good job Magnolia you're winning bestie of the year for sure with this one.

So if she wasn't out being a raging drunk idiot what was she doing? In her apartment working. Surprisingly she'd spent most of her days just working on her music, working on perfecting her festival piece, and one day she broke away to go see Lucky's open mic night performance. She wasn't sure why she thought that would help in making things awkward, but she was wrong. Well outwardly she did her best to act like everything was normal but inwardly she wanted to jump out of her skin because it felt too damn hot and bolt outta there. Seeing him perform stirred something inside her that she finally felt had died down, and she didn't like it.

She tried to focus on being proud of him, and how good he sounded, and the fact so many people came. She was originally thinking it'd be just her and Josie, but Kian, Javi, and even Amy came along. Confused because she was sure the girls friends hated Lucky, but proud that she didn't let that stop her. And that's where her thoughts stopped on the matter for her own sanity. However it did give her cold feet in trying to talk things out with him. There were too many people here and she already hated spilling her guts out or being vulnerable...she wasn't going to do that in front of basically strangers. So just like that once he was done she congratulated him and was off, because that's apparently the classy thing to do.

Way to go Maggie two for two on this whole best friend thing. You are killing it...literally.

Good news is she's not being as terrible of a friend to everyone. She still had Josie, and today was her day. They sadly hadn't really talked since her birthday, and they needed some girl time. Maybe talking things out with her would knock some sense into her. Though their track record for being out the rational side of each other isn't the best...worth a shot right? Worse case they still have fun and find some bomb ass dresses for the winter ball.

Magnolia made her way inside and immediately was able to spot where Josie was sitting and let a bright smile curl onto her lips. The first sober one she's had in weeks it seemed. "Oo this for me?" She smirked plucking one of the donuts from the bag and sitting down next to her bestie. "So I was able to swipe Jared's keys from him this morning after we got out the car." She chimed pulling them from her pocket and dangling them in between them. "So no Uber for us!" She giggled taking a bite of the donut that even if it wasn't meant for her was clearly hers now.

Because skipping school to go dress shopping was totally on brand for them. A Ball she'd probably be riding solo to. Sure she could get a date if she really wanted to, but she's not so desperate or insecure. She'd either go with someone she really liked or fly solo because she could do bad all by herself, something she's proven time and time again.

Oddly enough when she tried to think of people she'd wanna go with of course fucking Lucky was the first person to pop into her mind. Followed by Josie and a few hottie she's seen around lately...but still why did it have to be him first? She tried to convince herself that obviously she wanted to go as a trio with her, Josie, and Lucky all together. Cause what other possible reason could she have to want to go with Lucky? None, that's what. That was her story and she was sticking to it. She might get her wish? If Josie doesn't wind up with a date...which was unlikely.
º º code by ditto º º

Dangerously Soft
Amethyst Jones
@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their status to:
Where can the good girls go to hide away~

@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their outfit to:
Body lookin like Milk

@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their location to:
School hallway

@If.U.Seek.Amy has mentioned:
Charlie, Trevor,

@If.U.Seek.Amy has interacted with:
Kian ( geminiy geminiy )
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗

Amy sighed with relief when he confirmed that was in fact his name. That would've been super embarrassing on her part if she'd gotten that wrong. Understandable...but still embarrassing. Now that she was actually looking at him she recognized him from the open mic night as well, so even more of a reason for her to have not so easily forgotten his name. "I hope I'm not bothering you or anything." She added in quickly. he seemed a bit distracted, maybe lost in thought? She wasn't sure, but you never knew around here if it was important or not.

From what she could remember he'd always seemed pleasant though, so she wasn't overly worried beside her normal level of being a worry wart. "Yup that's me!" She chimed when he called her by name too. "Have you seen Charlie or Trevor around?" She asked curiously. She hoped she wouldn't have to describe them since most people knew who they were. Charlie was the kinda girl that was hard to miss. Tiny but certainly mighty. Trevor would be the lesser known of the two but even at that she was sure most people knew him too. While there were a surprising amount of stoners in this school they all were still very unique.

"It's just..." She hummed unsure of how to explain why she was manually looking for her friends whom she lived with. "My phone is dead, so I can't call them, and they got to school earlier then I did. And I could just really use someone to talk to right now." She wound up spilling more then she intended. She should've just stopped at explaining her phone was dead. What did any of the rest of that matter to him? It certainly wasn't go to help jog his memory if he'd seen them or not.

How long has it been since she talked to someone who wasn't already her friend?? Oh god was she reverting back to her socially awkward self. And here she thought she'd finally learned some confidence. "I-uh disregard that last part." She giggled nervously scratching the back of her head.

The Amy people saw in her music videos, on magazines, and even with how she dressed and presented herself...and the Amy who actually lived in this body were two totally different people and this right here was the proof. The Amy her fans knew was confident, and soulful. A chocolate Athena if you will. The Amy in front of Kian right now was an awkward shy mess who communicated better via text then spoken work any day of the week. It's why she was such a good lyricist because she got time to think and organize her words rather then just freestyling of the top of her head.

She instantly wished she could just crawl inside herself like a turtle and pretend she'd never started this interaction, but here she was and she'd have to grin and bear it. "Or I can go find some headsets and a charger. In fact do you have a charger instead? Sorry I feel like i'm asking for a lot."

Or instead of shutting up she could keep blabbering...Cause that always works out...

º º code by ditto º º

Juliette Jameson
"Coffee isn’t the least of my worries. It’s my main worry.”

@QueenJules has set their status to:
Starbucks or perish.

@QueenJules has set their outfit to:
Rate the fit? 10/10. Yeah. I know.

@QueenJules has interacted with:
Ava

@QueenJules has mentioned:
Dorian,

@QueenJules has tagged:
Winona Winona

She always got her way.

Okay, well… usually.

JJ was always spoiled. At least… sort of. Sure, her parents weren’t around much. But missed birthdays, holidays, kindergarten graduations, they were all made up for with tons of gifts, presents, whatever she wanted— really. It was only when Jules would protest was when she’d get shut down. She was never allowed to express her opinions, feelings, whatever it was that had been on her mind with her parents. Whatever they say goes.

No, of course she didn’t like it. But she made peace with it. And as she grew up, Jules found it hard to accept the same kind of treatment from anyone else.

When she wanted something? She got it.

Felt a need to say what’s on her mind? She said it.

No apologies were necessary. Whoever was hurt by JJ’s opinionated personality was deemed sensitive in her eyes. Whatever JJ wanted— she always found a way to make it happen.

Now, Starbucks didn’t really apply here, but Ava gave in and accepted her pleas for sugary caffeine so early in the morning so in a small way, it counts.

Maybe Ava was biased or whatever but did that really matter?

Nope.

It could’ve been the fact that they haven’t hung out in a while. JJ’s been overly busy with rehearsals and— well, her boyfriend. Obviously.

What? At least she made time for her.

JJ could’ve totally asked Dorian to drive her— or drove herself, actually.

But no, she asked Ava.

See.

She was a great best friend.

A best friend who didn’t mind watching Ava suffer, that is.

Yes, she saw the horrified look on Ava’s face and in return, Jules plastered a victory smile across her lips as they pulled into the coffee shop.

“Get Starbucks at home? Ew. Ava, that's literally so depressing. People who make their coffee at home are depressed middle aged mothers with four kids.”

“Like, I’m sorry but nothing can top starbucks. Not even the stupid ‘fancy’ cafés with flower themed water.” She rolled her eyes, unbuckling her seatbelt to get out of the car.

She hated those places.

Who wants water that tastes like perfume? It was disgusting. The only people who drank it were people who pretended to have class and wanted to feel special about themselves.

They could choke on their perfume water for all she cared. Another thing she was used to— not opening the door for herself.

Unless she was alone, obviously.

Jules wasn’t a germ freak, although sometimes she kinda was. It was just like an unspoken rule for her. If Dorian didn’t open the door for her, he was as good as gone.

Sorry. But it’s true.

So, yes. The brunette halted in her steps for a second while Ava swung the door open. Then, Ava wanted her to order and believe it or not, the heart that Juliette actually had,

(surprising, right?)

ached a little.

It was sad!

Not like, sad, sad.

But sad like those puppy commercials that come on TV late at night, trying to get you to donate a few cents that probably doesn’t even go to the dogs anyway.

“I thought you didn’t like Starbucks?” JJ asked, the bartisa signaling for their order and Jules rolled her eyes over at the redhead before speaking.

“I’ll have a venti caramel macchiato extra caramel, I mean extra. And give her…” Jules’s gaze lifted up to scan the menu, clearly focusing and trying to determine something that Ava would actually like.

The tip of her tongue stuck out of the corner of her mouth absentmindedly,

(it’s a thing she does sometimes okay? Don’t talk about it.)

“A grande mocha… cookie whatever that’s called.”

Look, starbucks was great and all but Jules wasn’t about to seem like one of those crazed 16 year old girls. Mocha cookie crumble just sounded so… eck to say.

“A name for the order?”

“Jules.”

“Billy?”

“...”

“Yeah, sure. Whatever.”

She wasn’t about to argue with the braindead idiots who clearly snorted too many coffee grounds on their break.

JJ pulled out her credit card, putting a hand on her broke best friend’s arm to avoid her from paying.
The pair moved their way out of the line of angry not-so-morning people who didn’t seem all that happy with how long JJ had taken. “Cry about it.” She mumbled in passing, waiting for their order.

“Sooooooooooo…”

Not JJ trying to strike a conversation.

Look, she sorta got the feeling that maybe Ava wasn’t all that happy because she hadn’t spent time with her. As vain as she was, Jules & Lonnie were practically two peas in a pod.

Say what you want about them, but when it came to Ava— JJ was perceptive.

Totally perceptive.

“I never asked you what you were doing for the arts fest.”

She felt bad.

Sue her. Sometimes she can feel guilty.

It was rare though, things like that were only reserved for her boyfriend and her best friend.

Everyone else can take a long walk off a short pier.
º º code by ditto º º

Genevieve Johannes
@genjohanne has set their status to:
turn. it. off.

@genjohanne has set their outfit to:
casual and depressed tbh

@genjohanne has set their location to:
the ha fashion workshop

@genjohanne has mentioned:
Evie & Landon

@genjohanne has interacted with:
Luciana

@genjohanne has tagged:
Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy
All Genevieve wanted was to go home. Hollywood Arts was not the place she wanted to be in the slightest, constantly having to dodge and evade the people who she really didn’t want to see. Even the sanctuary of the fashion rooms were gone with the constant threat of Evie or Mike appearing at any given moment constantly looming over her.

Leaning forward to press her forehead against the table, Gen let out a groan.

"Listen, this only because I can't give you one of our Tequila bottles right now but when I have one I'll give it to you, so in the meantime this just a thank you for the helping get that job"

Gen jumped up at the voice and the sudden smell of coffee in front of her, completely unprepared for company. Her entire being went on the defensive, hands tightening into fists as she shot up out of her seat. No, she was not about to get into another fight. She was not about to defend her actions to another person, not about to try to convince someone who had no business in knowing the matter that she was in the right (mostly because Gen hardly believed that she was, in fact, in the right).

Eventually, Gen’s eyes caught up with the reeling of her mind and autopilot of her body. It was just Luciana, nothing to be concerned about. Gen collapsed backwards into her chair, a heavy sigh falling from her lips as her back connected with the fabric of the seat.

“Hey. Luc.” Gen groaned, reaching a hand up to rub the tender spots below her eyes. “Welcome back. And no need to thank me about the job, by the way. I may have gotten you the gig but you did all the heavy lifting.”

“So, how was the lock-in? Something interesting happened?" Luciana continued as Gen took the coffee in her hands, taking a few hearty sips as she listened to the girl beside her talk."Is everything okay? You don't look like your usual self."

Gen’s face fell, jaw clenching at the mention of lock-in. There it was, the elephant in the room being unavoidably faced head on. Luciana was someone that Gen trusted, someone who felt more like a mini version of herself rather than an ally or a business partner. There weren’t many people left in Gen’s corner, even fewer that didn’t know every fucked up mistake that she had made over the past two weeks. Fuck it, Luci would know the truth eventually, the least Gen could do was disappoint her herself.

“I’m surprised you didn’t hear about it already.” Gen laughed weakly, her manicured index finger tracing the rim of the take-out coffee cup. “Evie didn’t waste any time telling everyone about it, so I just assumed that you knew.”

Evie. The name tasted bitter in Gen’s mouth; foreign and angry against her tongue. Fuck, she missed her.

“I, um…” Gen closed her eyes, searching her mind for the right words. How was Gen going to tell someone that she respected that she was a despicable person? “I’ve been seeing Landon for a while. Like, I think close to if not over a year. It’s not anything serious, we’re not dating or anything, and it was just two people having fun at first. But neither one of us told Eves, in fact we lied to her over and over again about it. We just… we got caught and now it’s all over.”

Gen fell silent, face expressionless and cold. Even the words that fell from her lips, although emotional in nature, were spoken in monotone. There was no emotion left to be felt by Genevieve, nothing left to say other than the blunt truth. Even still, through the ice and the barriers, regret and disgust could be felt radiating from Gen towards herself.

“Anyways, Eves isn’t talking with either one of us right now.” Gen continued, forcing a haphazard smile onto her face. “Can’t say I blame her. We fucked up, I fucked up. There’s no one else to blame but myself.”

Looking back down at the coffee cup, Gen stopped tracing the rim and lifted the cup to her lips. Slowly, Gen took a sip as she attempted to figure out what else to say. She could change the subject, turn Luciana’s attention to business or school or anything else that wasn’t Gen. There was nothing that could follow, nothing else to say that would cover up what Gen had just admitted to.

“You know, I thought I was protecting both of the people I love. In the end, I just ended up hurting them both beyond repair.” Gen spoke weakly, every ounce of characteristic spunk or flair in her voice gone. “Some fucking person I am.”

At least Gen was consistent, she had to give herself that. The people she loved never stayed around for long, Evie and Landon were just the newest additions to her long list of failed relationships, each one with the common denominator of Genevieve. It was always her fault, every single time, and perhaps that is what disgusted Gen the most.

A single tear threatened to roll down Gen’s cheek. In an instant, Gen turned her emotions off and pulled her mask back on. Luciana didn’t need to see her like this, no one needed to see her like this. This was the Gen that was hidden beyond the insults and the compliments, the pride and the ego. This was the Gen that would remain locked away until she was alone and ready to feel her emotions. Until then, there was no place for that Gen.

“Enough about me.” Gen managed, her entire demeanour doing a complete 180. She perked up, blinking the tears back into her eyes as she straightened her posture and brought life back to her voice. “How was the job? I was sent some of the promo shots by my manager, you did some incredible work out there.”

º º code by ditto º º

Isabella Dupont
@bellaissima has set their status to:
please don't think I'm controlling

@bellaissima has set their outfit to:
cherry pie

@bellaissima has set their location to:
the lit hallway

@bellaissima has mentioned:
n/a

@bellaissima has interacted with:
kelli & beth

@bellaissima has tagged:
ditto ditto Winona Winona
It became very clear to Bella very quickly that Kelli, much like herself, had absolutely no idea what she was doing. Bella had to admire the confidence of her friend, the way she walked as if she owned the school even though she was simply just as lost as Bella was. It was commendable, it really was, but it also caused Bella to giggle slightly as they pulled up in front of That Room (trademark?).

What was That Room, you may ask? Kelli wasn’t sure and Bella, well Bella had no clue where they even were anymore.

“Ah yes, the math room.” Bella confirmed though realistically, she had absolutely no idea what the room in front of her was for. She couldn’t bring herself to crush little Kelli’s confidence like that. “Looks very… academic. Like people do… smart people things in there.”

What? No, this wasn’t awkward at all. I have no clue what you’re talking about.

“I believe one of my classes is up ahead.” Bella pointed out, recognizing the murals on the wall. “Would you mind if we stop by so I can drop my things off? These textbooks are incredibly heavy.”

Without waiting for a response Bella took off on her own, silently hoping that Kelli and Beth would follow her. Tours were never Bella’s thing and, if she was being honest, she simply learned better by exploring rather than being led. Besides, she wasn’t going to learn much if Kelli also had no clue where she was going.

Stepping into one of the many literature classrooms, Bella carefully lodged her things on a desk towards the front of the room. Bella shook the stiffness from her arms, rolling her shoulders to alleviate the tension of holding the rather large pile of books that now sat on the desktop.

“You are a literature student too, Beth, oui?” Bella asked as she sorted through the items on her desk, organizing the books by size so that none would slip off onto the ground. “I think we share some classes together. It will be comforting to know another face in the crowd. This school has a habit of becoming overwhelming without familiar faces. I assume it comes with the territory of being such a popular and esteemed institution.”

With her things carefully organized, Bella turned back to face Beth and Kelli. With a warm smile on her face, Bella crossed her arms carefully across her stomach and nodded to Beth.

“You have been here for a while, right?” Bella asked Beth, hoping that she had gotten her facts correct. “You must know where the interesting places are in the school. Classrooms can be figured out but in a place so large, there must be some resident secrets that newcomers like myself don’t know about.” Bella then turned to Kelli, reaching a hand out to loop to Kelli’s arms. “And you have to show me the dance studios on this tour of yours. I need to know where I’m going to cheer you on.” Looking between the two girls in front of her, Bella looped her other arm through Beth’s. “So, where to go first? You must know somewhere interesting.”

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: to have loved and lost

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
Kelli, Casey, Cami, Avery, Bella, Nickie, Hunter

INT:
Soap Soap (Liv)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Veronica Crosby
It was an uncanny feeling being surpassed in outgoingness by Kelli. The game of Truth-or-Dare at the Lock-in had seemed to solidify her status as one of the fun, popular girls at Hollywood Arts. At this rate, the bubbly girl wouldn't need Ronnie anymore. It was like she was all grown up and already way wiser beyond the redhead's years. Not like that wasn't possible or anything—the girls were the same age. Still, it had been somewhat agreed upon that Ronnie was supposed to be the mentor in hip and freshness.

So, the feeling was a little melancholy, but at least she was happy for Kelli. Plus, she'd narrowly avoided a potentially disastrous date with a certain pyro and held her own in Truth-or-Dare. She still had it, and that wouldn't change for anything. Every new boy kept her on her toes, except for this new Avery guy, because he was more like a little hamster friend than a real man, but Ronnie appreciated that too. So wide-eyed and naïve... she'd been the same back in her day, freshman year. And she admired Bella, who already seemed to have it together without any of their help. Maybe it was a French thing?

Thus, it was a lively morning as always discussing the latest goings-on at H.A. with Kelli, and before she knew it, the two had split up at school. Ronnie ventured to her locker, seeing it as the proper Monday for her routine organization and furnishing of the rectangular box. Lately, she'd been struggling over whether or not the high-end, crystalline chandelier had to go. In order to quell her uncertainty over the matter, she ended up inserting a miniature motivational cat poster, which seemed to do the trick.

After one more look-over and the removal of a couple textbooks, Ronnie shut the door and locked it tight. From her eyesight's periphery, she spotted Liv prancing down the hall. The girl always had an instantly refreshing, uplifting aura about her, at her to Ronnie. Since the two had made their connection, she'd found an inclination to approach her frequently. She took comfort in the fact that Liv seemed to actually enjoy her company, receiving her adoration and affection with open arms.

"Liv!" she called out, hopping over to step in line with her walking pace, "LivLivLivLivLiv! How goes it, GirlyPop?" She smiled brightly at the senior musician, contemplating clicking her heels if she didn't have a backpack on. And, alas, her skirt and the compactness of students in the hallway stifled the peppy girl's range of motion, but it was the thought that counted. She did a little walking jig instead, at least to make it up to Liv in some peppiness.

"Oh my god, I feel like it's been ages since I've updated you on the latest!" she exclaimed with the knowledge that a week in H.A.'s drama timeline was essentially six chapters in the high school gossip storyline. She tapped her chin, piecing together a narrative of her personal life. "I, like, almost went on a date with a Clairmont, which is kind of insane because Casey Clairmont is a, like, Clairmont, but he ended up being, like, kind of weird in person?" Her inflection always rose when she was on this topic. "Not that I dislike him or anything!"

It wasn't that Casey was terrible in any capacity, but he just ended up being not her type at all, which was kind of a bummer. Her sister was nice, at least. Cami seemed less like a lunatic. She had a minor friend crush on the blonde, but going about resolving that? It required tactical sense beyond her current level.

"Funny how it is meeting famous people like that. Like, when I met you, I totally recognized your cheerful persona and all from T.V., but you also ended up way more..." She giggled and blushed at the memory of their rave night. "You're, like, totally wild, too. I love it."

She shook her head at the realization that she'd gone off on another one of her long-winded tangents. "And don't even get me started on all that drama on Twitter. Nickie outed a guy, like, seriously!? And Hunter still stays with her?" She pursed her lips, disapproving of her future husband being entranced by someone so undeserving. "Love isn't fair. I bet you already know tons about that, though." She didn't mean to pry on that end, but Liv had offered her an inkling of her own problems. She valued that trust, even if the girl hadn't really clued her into much. Ronnie was a curious girl by nature.

"I have lots of regrets, but letting them end up together was my worst mistake."
code by valen t.

MOOD: i am sooo hot

basics
MENTIONS:
Alex, Landon, Chanel
INT:
Winona Winona (Casey)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Chas Marino
The universe always had tragic ways of reminding Chas of his lack of fortune. It was a bane being as popular and successful as he was, because the only direction he could go was always down. Every day had its way of kicking him down and grating his nerves. And, much to Chas' chagrin, this day's misfortune came in the form of an idiotic, masculine voice.

"Yo, yo, yo, Chas," the voice called out from the other side of the stall door. He sat still, his muscles refusing to move as he heard a knock on the door. What was a guy even supposed to do in that situation?

"Hi, Casey," the Italian replied in a deadpan, pulling up his pants and crossing his arms on the toilet. He peered through the small gap of space between the door and its frame to view Casey's body moving about, getting a glimpse of his keyring shining in the restroom's light.

"Hey, hey, I found your little..."

"Take your time."

"... your little dangly thingy. Ya got one of these for being on the show, huh?"

"That would be correct. I was the star for half a decade, so."

"Do I get a cool dangly thingy for being a guest on your mom's show? 'Cause if not, I need to speak to someone 'cause I think it'd be cool. I'd wear it like an earring."

Chas, properly fed up, got up and shoved the stall's door open, snatching his keys and pushing past Casey straight toward the sink. "Thank you." He washed his hands, looking at his face and Casey's reflection in the mirror. "I'm sure Mother would love the free advertisement." He ran a finger along the arch of his eyebrow, turning a cheek to inspect his near-perfect skin.

His eyes radiated disinterest, the majority of his attention zeroing in on his eyelashes. He flicked them with the edge of his index finger, noting how long and healthy they were. "We can see about getting you as many keychains as you'd like, Case," he assured his long-time friend in a patronizing tone, still entirely engrossed by his face

"As long as you stay professional, entertaining, and flattering to the show's image, you can get whatever the hell you want. We could print your name on keychains if it's what you wanted." His fingers made his way to his hair, and he delicately ran a hand through it without disturbing its hairsprayed surface too much. He neatened his coif, taking care to fluff it up a tad. "I know you know the drill. My mother may be an intense interviewer, but the show compensates its guests well."

His deep brown eyes made their way up and to the side, staring straight into Casey's via the mirror's reflection. "Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. I'll owe you one if you throw out another promotional post this week. Does dinner suffice?" He chuckled softly, a small smirk remaining on his lips. "I've been meaning to catch up anyway. I always regret neglecting a friend. I'm sure you could understand; I've been busy as of late."

He turned around, crossing his arms once more and leaning back on the sink. Thanks to his short stature, the porcelain basin rested uncomfortably on his back, stabbing into his spine. "In fact, I'm heading over to film some of mine and Alex's Winter Arts project now," he remarked, looking down at his nails, "Working with Landon has been a pain, but I must admit he's quite a capable actor. He was the only one stopping me from casting you as the lead, you know. I do miss the days we made movies in my room, me presiding as head director while you did little tricks and simpleminded things."

His face twisted into a spiteful glare as memories of Casey's younger twin surfaced in his brain. "We'll make Chanel regret dropping her role. If there's one important thing in showbusiness, Casey, it's integrity and professionalism." He squinted, eyes darting side to side. "So, two things."

code by valen t.

Adriane Holloway

You had to be kidding.

Of all the people to catch them and approach in the school, it just had to be a freshman. And a poorly dressed one at that -- who actually left their house in a... eww, was that a cardigan? And a tie? Her upper lip curled up, her expression melting into one of pure disgust and disinterest as the little boy in front of them.

If Adriane had been by herself, or if the joint had still safely been in her possession, she would've probably just walked away without saying another thing to -- what did he say his name was? Avery? Stupid name -- and she would've gone about her day, pretending that it had never happened. Or perhaps she would've laid into him until he started crying like that creepy Angel boy had. Either way, she wouldn't have interacted.

Unfortunately, her weed was in the possession of Saint, and it was difficult to communicate with no words that they should just leave and leave the little boy behind.

“Um,” Avery started speaking again, and his voice grated on her nerves. “What was that you passed him by the way? If you don’t mind me asking. I’m just a little curious is all.”

Oh my god, had he never seen a joint before? Of course they would end up with the worst freshman known to the school, and she rolled her eyes again in disinterest. She was over this conversation, she was over the little boy in front of her -- actually, she was over people approaching her in general.

Saint started to tell Avery what it was, but then his words trailed off. She looked at him expectantly, one eyebrow tilting up slightly as she did. What was he--

Her lips curled up into a smile as she understood what Saint was trying to convey, and her gaze moved with Saint's to look back down at the little boy.

Honestly, they were doing charity work here.

Saint started to walk away, and Adriane followed after him. While Saint's steps were more sluggish and slow, Adriane's were purposeful and strong.

"Come on..." was all that Saint, ever the talkative man he was, said.

"This is one of those things that are better shown, not told," Adriane explained with a sly smile down at the child. "Adriane," she placed a hand over her chest, and then used that same hand to point at the guy just in front of them. "Saint."

Now that introductions were out of the way...

As they headed outside, Adriane realized exactly where they were headed -- popular spot for smoking weed, or cigarettes. Whatever your choice of high happened to be.

Once they were out to the spot, Saint offered her the joint. “Would you like to show him…?” he asked. “Maybe give the thing a try…?”

She raised an eyebrow, but relented. With a sigh, she took the joint from Saint. "Pay attention carefully," she directed Avery, and she placed the joint between her lips as she pulled a lighter from her pocket, and lit it up. Despite how little Adriane did regularly smoke, it was like riding a bike -- the entire experience, the ability to take the hit without coughing or choking on the smoke, it came to her as easily as that.

Adriane exhaled slowly, and then she held the joint out to Avery with a faint smile. "Just like that -- you just breathe in," she explained and sure, the instructions seemed simple, but...

Well, she wasn't accounting for how dense the freshman clearly was.

mood
ugh

outfit
something hot, stylish, and probably barely school appropriate

playing...
Fuck You
by Lily Allen​

mentions
Chas, Evie

interactions
Saint

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

Elizabeth Sterling

Oh--

Right. Woops.

Beth had perhaps forgotten that Kelli was nearly as new to the school as Bella was and evidently, as Beth handed the reins over to her to take over the whole tour thing, it became well... clear. Inwardly, she cringed as Kelli tried to explain what the classroom they had stopped at was and it was just...

Yeah, she should've taken over.

"Yes, math classroom," she said with a smile as she patted the doorframe. "This is Mr. Jessup's room, he teaches, like, freshman math or something, so... you shouldn't have to worry about him. Which is, like, so good because he's honestly a horrible teacher. Like, he's so boring."

You're welcome, Kelli, because Beth had just been kind enough to slide in and offer some help in this cringeworthy moment.

At least Bella didn't seem taken aback by her companions' rather poor tour, and it wasn't long before they were on their way again, heading to one of Bella's classrooms, and one that was familiar to Beth herself. As they stepped through into the lit classroom, a little smile gently spread across her lips.

Ah, there weren't a ton of places that she enjoyed in this school quite as she enjoyed the lit classrooms. There was just something... familiar about them, like she was returning home every time she stepped through the doors.

“You are a literature student too, Beth, oui?” Bella asked, and Beth glanced over. “I think we share some classes together. It will be comforting to know another face in the crowd. This school has a habit of becoming overwhelming without familiar faces. I assume it comes with the territory of being such a popular and esteemed institution.”

"Of course," Beth agreed with a nod of her head. "It was very overwhelming my first year, but it's not so bad once you have a handle on everything and have a few friends." She gave a pleasant smile towards Bella, before glancing to Kelli with the same pleasant smile. "If you need anything -- either of you -- please don't hesitate to ask." Plus, it wasn't like Beth exactly had a lot of friends, despite being there for a year.

Sure, she had Stella, and...

.... That was about it.

Spencer now.

Ugh, when did Beth become someone that spoke for the new people?

Bella was then off again, asking about interesting places around the school, except that the only interesting place that Beth could think of was the roof, which she'd already taken Spencer to at the lock-in. She sighed. Well, it could be used a second time, albeit the roof was far less interesting during the day, so her thoughts started to churn with ideas as Bella looped her arm through Kelli's, asking about the dance studios, and then through Beth's.

“So, where to go first? You must know somewhere interesting.”

Beth let out a small laugh as, with a tug, she started them back out of the lit classroom and down the hallway. "Of course I do," she responded.

God no I don't. It's a school. There's nothing interesting in a school.

"But perhaps Kelli would like to show us a couple of the dance rooms first?" She suggested, smiling as she looked over Bella towards the dancer. "And then we can finish off the tour with the best places in the school, the secret places that only someone who has been here for a while would know."

She was still trying to think of what types of places those might be.

"After all, no one really cares about where the actual classrooms are. It's all about the fun places, right?" At least, that's how it felt to Beth as the trio wove their way out of the literature part of the school, and headed into the dance department -- the layout of which Beth, despite being here for a year, knew absolutely nothing about.

mood
happy, i guess

outfit
just imagine something cute, man

playing...
It's Still Cool If You Don't
by Briston Maroney​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Kelli, Bella

tags
geminiy geminiy ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

Jace West

He hacked, his body shaking as the breath was knocked out of his lungs by Mike's fist connecting with his stomach and for a moment, despite there being no hits to his head, he felt as if he was seeing stars. Like the world around him was spinning, and maybe it was just the stress. The anxiety. The "oh heck this is how I die" feeling.

What kind of flipping psycho was this man?!

Jace had done nothing, literally NOTHING, to Mike throughout high school. And yet here the jerk face was, punching him over absolutely nothing, and-- and-- and--

His chest was clenching, and Mike was glaring into his face, and Jace was growing even weaker in his knees. He was silently making himself a will, although he supposed that he himself didn't really have that many assets -- all of the money that he made from his music was controlled by his mother, and he had an allowance for living expenses, of course -- so that meant that he really didn't have anything to go anywhere because he didn't actually own anything because it was all actually owned by his family so he guessed he didn't need to make a will which was good because he doubted that if he tried to recite a will to Mike, that Mike would actually listen and tell everybody.

Mike was rambling about something, but all Jace could hear was the sound of his shirt tearing and stretching out. Aww man. It was already hard enough to find nice shirts in his style that fit him, and now Mike was out here destroying his meager wardrobe. Not to mention, not to mention, that Jace absolutely hated clothes shopping because it was so awkward to try on different shirts and be all "excuse me, can I use this dressing room?" and oh lordy lord.

This guy was going to straight up give Jace a panic attack.

(As if he wasn't already having one.)

Fucking say what you said, West. Let's fucking hear it— fucking squeal it."

Oh--

Wait--

What--

What had he--

Jace was panicking, trying to wrack his aching head for his earlier words, but they weren't wanting to present themselves, but they needed to because if they didn't, Mike was gonna either rip his shirt or kill him and both of those were absolutely horrible options. So he just-- he just--- he needed--

"I-I called you a uhh... ho... horny... b-b-bastard...?" He stuttered, and tried to give a little woops type of grin as an apology. "At-at-at least I-I didn't... didn't l-lie?"

Probably not the right thing to well... to say.

mood
SOSHELP

outfit
like just a sweater and jeans

playing...
pity party
by lovelytheband​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Mike

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

Mikaela Ainsley

Bingo.

Taunting Tori had been the right move. Out the window went her scepticism and all the “I don’t trust that.” and “I don’t’ gamble over dumb shit like that.” Her delayed piecing together of that second sentence had been a little odd but no matter. There were more pressing matters at hand.

Like the fact that Tori had gone in the direction Mikaela had hoped, because in the place of scepticism and resistance, came this little beauty.

“My comfort level isn’t fucking toddler level. I can handle… Whatever, I can handle whatever. There’s no need to go easy on me, you know. I can handle whatever you throw at me. I’m not going to get overwhelmed.”

That Cheshire cat like smile had returned to Mikaela’s face, though she covered it partially, as she rested her face in her hand.

“Are you sure Tori?” She asked, pushing off her elbow and leaning back in her seat. “I’d feel terrible if you were overextending yourself.” A lie of course.

Push yourself as hard as you can, that way I can do the same.

Some friend she was huh?

Tori leaned forward in her seat. “Like you said, I’m experienced.”

Mikaela was grinning on the inside as Tori’s smile grew cocky.

Beautiful.

“I know a lot, and I’d wager to say that there’s nothing I can’t handle or that I haven’t handled in some capacity before.”

Taunting her really worked like a charm because the door wasn’t just open a crack, it had practically been torn right off the hinge and discarded.

“Really? Then let’s do it. Maybe you can teach me a couple of things.”

There was no way she would back out now. Mikaela certainly wasn’t going to let her.

“What are you wanting to test me with this first one?”

What indeed? The choices were endless of course she didn’t want to give Tori a heart attack right from the go.

“Are you trying to see what I can handle and what I’m willing to do? Well, I can handle whatever, and as far as what I’m willing to do…”

Mikaela raised an eyebrow and listened closely as she waited for her friend to finish.

“Anything?” She offered.

“Psh,” Tori Scoffed dismissively. “I’ll humor you.”

She’d better not regret those words, because she hadn’t just given Mikaela the green light with them, but the green light to go
WILD.

And if there was one thing the present her knew how to do, it was to do just that.

“You said…bets…and dares,” Tori said slowly, “What the hell do you mean by that?”

“Anything Tori. Say chugging a few beers and then making it through a roller coaster without puking or making out with a hot stranger on a ride. Player’s choice really, let your imagination run wild.”

These were some of the tamer options of course, the ones that were a bit more appropriate to be said aloud in a public space.

“Anyway, I can’t wait to see what you are like in action then. We should schedule a date for this,” Jumping full speed ahead, Mikaela wracked her brain for a good date, which was hard to do when it was still a little woozy. Conversation was fine but thinking of numbers hurt.

“what do we have coming up? Right, arts fest.” She’d nearly forgotten about that. What was she doing again? Oh yeah, that mystery, thriller romance film for Alex and Chas. Whoops.

“We can hit the amusement park after arts fest then. It’s a date.” Given the choice Mikaela would go ahead and do it tomorrow or the next weekend but arts fest kept everyone busy and it wouldn’t surprise her if Chas were to arrange for filming during every ounce of free time they had.

mood
Bingo

outfit
outfit

playing...
song title here

by artist here​

mentions
Chas, Alex

interactions
Tori

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

Casey Clairmont

After what felt like forever of Casey babbling to Chas through the bathroom door, his friend finally came out, and so politely snatched the keyring from Casey's hands before heading towards the sink. Casey walked over to the sink next to him, leaning against it all cool and smooth-like.

Of course, bringing up the whole interview with Mama Chas Marino and getting a nifty keychain from it brought about a bunch of blah, blah, blah, business stuff from Chas' mouth that Casey could honestly care less about. Yeah, yeah, what a surprise -- the airheaded blonde spaced out when the conversation turned to boring things like remember to be professional. Pfft. This was Casey Clairmont that Chas was speaking to. Did he not know just how very professional and serious Casey was all the time when he was on camera?

(Forget that one time when he was six and he started picking his nose on camera.)

(Or that time that he didn't know the camera was on and he did a really bad impression of the host.)

(Or-- uhh... never mind.)

"Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. I'll owe you one if you throw out another promotional post this week. Does dinner suffice?" his tiny little bestest best friend asked. "I've been meaning to catch up anyway. I always regret neglecting a friend. I'm sure you could understand; I've been busy as of late."

A playful grin spread across Casey's face. "Are you asking me on a date, Chas?" He asked, his playful grin widening with a light chuckle. Of course he didn't actually think it was a date (and Casey had had enough of those to last him a lifetime, like phew, girls were exhausting), but it was fun to tease little Chas.

Ahaha, Casey was so funny.

"In fact, I'm heading over to film some of mine and Alex's Winter Arts project now," he remarked, "Working with Landon has been a pain, but I must admit he's quite a capable actor. He was the only one stopping me from casting you as the lead, you know. I do miss the days we made movies in my room, me presiding as head director while you did little tricks and simpleminded things."

That made Casey laugh. The idea of him -- pfft -- acting. Not that he hadn't acted in the past, but it was always so boring. That's why he'd leaned heavily into the whole music thing. Because getting to go nananana on a guitar and stuff while people cheered your name was literally a dream come true. He liked having the instant gratification that what he was doing was freaking amazing. Plus, well, acting was just all oh now cry, oh now laugh and like blah, blah, he didn't have the attention span to stick with scenes and what have you, anyway.

"That bastard," Casey hissed out, though, feigning offense at being removed from the project, although the wide grin on his face kind of ruined the whole effect that he was going for. "I would've really just kinda..." he trailed off, forgetting what he was going for totally, and moved on as if he'd never even started that sentence. "Bet he's not even that great. Like Landon Sinclaire? Who's ever heard that name, am I right? But Chas Marino? Everyone." When he said Chas' name, he naturally wiggled his fingers in the air to give a sort of sparkle effect.

Like imagine that when he said that name, sparkles erupted. Or maybe rainbows. Oh! Oh! Fireworks. Yeah, fireworks erupted whenever Casey said Chas Marino in his sexy, sultry, hot man voice.

"We'll make Chanel regret dropping her role. If there's one important thing in showbusiness, Casey, it's integrity and professionalism." He squinted. "So, two things."

Hey, could've fooled Casey. He'd just assumed that integrity and professionalism somehow existed together. Look, he wasn't much of a leader, but he was a big follower. So he'd have gone around saying "one important thing in show business according to my good buddy Chas, and that's integrity and professionalism," and it never would've occurred to him that was two separate things. He didn't understand showbusiness, after all.

"Ah, she probably just doesn't wanna waste her time on some independent high school film, ya know? Chanel's all..." he pursed his lips together as he tried to find the word, "ya know, all..." he scratched at the side of his head as he tried to find the word, and then his eyes lit up when it hit him, "she's all grr serious things only. Grr Hollywood top... fancy... credit movies. I dunno how the movie world works, but that's her. Like I'd play on a street corner just for the sake of playing, but Chanel would be all 'only if they bring me rose-scented water personally harvested by monks on the peaks of the... ummm... Grand Canyons.'" He nodded his head as if that made any sense whatsoever.

"Not that I think your film is gonna suck or anything or is dumb 'cause it's being done by a bunch of nobody high schoolers -- not that I think you're all a bunch of nobody high schoolers, nope, nope, nope," Casey was totally nailing this pep talk while also defending his sister thing.

"But also, ya need music on it? Ya know, some sweet guitar... stuff or something? Because lemme just say," he wiggled his eyebrows as he brought his hands up to play the fake guitar. "Ya know?"

mood
hypeeee

outfit
oh look, not a band shirt

playing...
I'm Ready
by AJR​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Chas

tags
hery hery

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: fame fortune and flabberghastery

basics
MENTIONS:
Alex, Landon, Chanel
INT:
Winona Winona (Casey)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Chas Marino
"Are you asking me on a date, Chas?"

With a roll of the eyes and a flick of his wrist, Chas muttered a disgusted ugh. "You're repulsive. No." Even if he was, Casey's target audience seemed to be oriented more towards airheaded girls who still slept with One Direction cardboard cutouts. Chas would never have stood a chance.

Casey shared Chas' particular disdain for Landon, or at least he pretended to. Even as a joke, he gained a kernel of satisfaction after hearing anything even remotely negative about his long-time, long-buried former crush. "Bet he's not even that great. Like Landon Sinclaire? Who's ever heard that name, am I right? But Chas Marino? Everyone."

Chas nodded with self-absorbed affirmation. "Damn right. His fame will peter out soon. He's not like us, Casey," the dark-haired boy explained, mentally tugging at his dimwitted companion with a rope of venom and toxicity. Jokes become opinions, which become truth. He'd sway the most easily-manipulated Clairmont to his side and hopefully gain another ally against the soul-sucking Sinclaires.

"We were born, raised, and exist to be in the spotlight. To revel in our inflated senses of fame and talent. Basking in widespread recognition is second nature to us." He winked slyly, flashing his pearly whites with the smirk that followed after. "We'll never let go of that. Not with my star quality and your..."

Um?

"... also star quality."

He didn't understand showbusiness, after all.

"Ah, she probably just doesn't wanna waste her time on some independent high school film, ya know? Chanel's all..."

Bitchy? Tacky? Heartless? Dumb as rocks?

"...she's all grr serious things only. Grr Hollywood top... fancy... credit movies. I dunno how the movie world works, but that's her. Like I'd play on a street corner just for the sake of playing, but Chanel would be all 'only if they bring me rose-scented water personally harvested by monks on the peaks of the... ummm... Grand Canyons.'"

"There's only one Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon. My film project is no different," he pointed out, changing the positioning of his legs so he wasn't leaning on the sink the same way as Casey. That would have been embarrassing. "The pitch for Friends was rejected after its pilot, but it rose up and made millions later on. Big Bad Blondie'll come to regret looking down on me like I'm beneath her."

"Not that I think your film is gonna suck or anything or is dumb 'cause it's being done by a bunch of nobody high schoolers -- not that I think you're all a bunch of nobody high schoolers, nope, nope, nope."

"We're not nobodies!" he snapped, arms crossed and brows furrowed with clear outrage. And no, it was not a touchy subject. Respect was merely deserved where it was deserved. "None of you stuck-up assholes get it. Alex and I are onto something with this. We'll be huge. Bigger than any Hollywood personality you've ever heard of!" He shoved a finger in front of Casey's face, not unlike a small supervillain.

"And no, not big in that way! I'm still on a diet!" he continued in the same accusing tone. Chas would have described it as a guilty conscience if he was actually capable of experiencing guilt.

"But also, ya need music on it? Ya know, some sweet guitar... stuff or something? Because lemme just say..." the musician wiggled his eyebrows as he brought his hands up to play the fake guitar, and Chas' eyes just about rolled into the back of his head. "Ya know?"

"Bland, meaningless rock isn't what we're looking for in the soundtrack. Unless you can channel some film noir ambience, I think we'd be better off consulting another musician." He smiled patronizingly, resting a hand on the blonde boy's shoulder. "There are plenty of other nobody high schoolers who could fit the bill with more precision."
code by valen t.

Maeve should have stayed quiet, something that she thought was an innocent request, that she didn't demand just for her sake ended up opening the pandora box. She knew that changing the choreography so close to the Arts Festival was something unthinkable, if she felt uncomfortable with the dance sequence she should have said something prior, but she kept quiet, she didn't want to be a bother nor she didn't want to be seen as the weak link.

What Maeve wanted the most was that prove to herself that she was capable of doing this kind of stuff, that she could keep up with her classmates and she was more than the girl who got injured, she wanted to leave that mindset behind and believe once again in herself and find that passion and love that dance gave her and not being the reason she felt so insecure and gave her sleepless nights once as she tortured herself thinking how she wasn't good enough.

Maeve knew perfectly that Zeph wouldn't be so willing to the sudden change, she could see it in his eyes he was annoyed by her comment, and his frustration was clearly visible, once again she was making things more complicated than they were supposed to be. But surprisingly Zeph decided to give it a try, as it seemed that he was running the dance on his head by his concentrated face, Maeve bit her lip as she started thinking about something that could help them, she didn't want to let Zeph do all the hard work, after all, they were duet partners.

"If we swapped it out for something else," Zeph started, his words slow as he tried to think while speaking, and then he gave a defeated, heavy sigh. "There's nothing we could really... switch it for without having to change the lead up, and then the after stuff, and... We'd have to redo half the dance and we've only got two weeks left." He snapped.

At the sudden rise in the voice of Zeph, Maeve couldn't hide her flinch, she really did make things more complicated than they were supposed to be, now she was making Zeph upset. Even if she knew it was the stress that was taking control over his emotions and the ways she acted she still felt like it was all her fault, why she couldn't have kept it to herself?

“I don’t think you need to swap the move out for something else. “ Spencer offered. “Maybe if you just tweak the entry into the move, like so. I think that might help make the subsequent steps a bit smoother and easier, but you two can definitely make the original work if you want to, you both have the talent to do so.”

The voice of Spencer felt like the ones of savior in a sense, he was kinda like the moderator between her and Zeph, and right now they needed someone that was neutral to the whole situation. His reasoning did make sense, maybe just by tweaking the entrance for that specific sequence, she was willing to try it but would Zeph agree on it? She was getting frustrated more with herself than the whole situation, she didn't want to blame others just because it was her own fault they were in this trouble, maybe after she got injured it was the wake-up call that she needed to stop dancing, to have a normal life, got to a regular high school, go to university and still continue having her life back in Mississippi, maybe she wasn't meant to be a professional ballerina but she didn't want to accept it.

“Why don’t you two take a short break to get some water and think about it?” Spencer suggested. Stopping her from continuing having all those negative thoughts, she let out a deep sigh and walked towards where her bag was, she grabbed her water bottle and took a sip from it, she started feeling a mild pain on her ankle, even if she was clear to dance again, the doctors recommend her that she took it easy, but one thing that didn't happen in Hollywood Arts was to keep things on a slow mode, she let her bottle on the side as she started searching for tape, the one thing that became her best friend as a reliever of pain at least while she continued dancing, she tape her foot and move it lightly making sure it was tight enough and just to relieve some of the pain that she was experiencing.

Once she was done she stood up and walked towards Zeph maybe they talking could be beneficial for both "Listen, I'm sorry for suggesting that we should change the choreography at this point, but Spencer idea sounds promising, we could try with a turn sequence instead? and then move to the rest of the movements? But if you don't want to do it, it's fine I'll continue trying I don't want to mess up this for you and for me" she said as she let out a sight "I just have been overthinking everything that I do since I came back and it's just messing up my dance, and I know it's sounding like I'm putting excuses but I'm really trying, and I'm sorry that you are stuck in this duet with me. I don't want to hold you back" she added frustrated,
Outift: Here | Interactions: Zeph ( Winona Winona ) Spencer ( Xed Xed )
Maeve Anneliese Ackerman

Code by Stardust Galaxy

SIMONE GUTIERREZ

As much as part of Simone appreciated the silence that lasted partially during the drive to Hollywood Arts, there was the rest of Simone that grew curiouser and curiouser about what was swirling around in that over-worrying head of her roommate's.

It was no shocker that Nickie and Simone weren't best friends, but there was something of an understanding between them. Nickie could be herself whenever she was with Simone. She didn't have to pretend for idiotas that made her feel shitty about herself. She didn't need to put on any sort of fake personality because the real her was pathetic (Nickie's words, not Simone's).

So that's why her silence, even if it was to bring up the dead horse of a subject of Simone driving, she was starting to worry Simone.

"Simone..."

An eye slid over to Nickie as Simone spared as much attention as she could for the semi-mute that sat in the passenger seat next to her. She was honestly ecstatic that Nickie finally said something.

But then a few long moments came and now she really was starting to worry.

And with Nickie, Simone always felt like she didn't have to worry this much, because when it came down to it, the reason they got along so well was because Simone usually made it easy for her to speak her mind. Or at least, that's how Simone always viewed it. She knew she came off a little strong and, yeah growing up the way she did with three older brothers and loads of cousins who were also male, Simone had to develop the habit of speaking her mind as often as she could. In the company of her loud family, it was a necessity, but with others who may not be used to it on a daily basis -- others like Nickie Abrams -- she knew it was an adjustment.

But, Simone was always empathetic to her roommate's frequent plights and never disrespected her.

So, you bet Simone was worried that Nickie wasn't saying shit one way or the other.

“I’m…sorry.”

"For what?" Simone said in a quick reply as they came to a stop at a red light. The campus was just a few blocks away at this point.

“I’m sorry that I avoided you the past couple of days,”

Simone shrugged that last comment. It wasn't like Simone made herself available for council, especially not with how she has been feeling after that disaster that was her almost-kiss with Alex. It still haunted her and maybe it was a good thing that Nickie didn't seek her out. She probably wouldn't have been as understanding as she usually was -- at least, not when it came to her patience.

“It’s just…I dunno. You said you didn’t like me and Hunter getting back together, and that pissed me off.” She sighed softly. “Like, I don’t think you get it, like…I love Hunter, Simi. Like, I don’t know if you’ve ever felt that before, but, like…I dunno. I felt like I was going to lose him and I just…I just like, wanted him back, you know? And now that we’re back together, I’m…I’m happy.”

There was a lot of truth to what Nickie said. Simone didn't like Hunter. She made it clear to her when Nickie was originally coming to her for advice...help...using her as a venting space -- really, anything. Even so, Simone wasn't her keeper, so who Nickie wanted to spend her nights totally not crying herself to sleep over was her business.

"That's great, chica!" She said, smiling as she turned to Nickie.

On the surface, yeah she was smiling, but her assumption about Simone never loving someone was false. In the past, she had people in her life who were similar to Hunter for Nickie that she felt strongly for, but for one reason or another, they disappointed her. And she wasn't going to hold that over Nickie's head because, again Simone wasn't the type to judge Nickie for how she felt and for whom she felt strongly for.

At least she knows who she loves.

Yeah because the truth was that Simone didn't even know what she felt for one of her fellow Plastics who she may or may not have tried to seduce (failing brilliantly, mind you).

Simone realized she had tuned out Nickie, so she shook her head somewhat.

“He’s too good to lose, Simone. He’s…? Like…? I don’t know. I just, like…I know you don’t think that I should’ve made up with him, but…I mean, it was really him who made up with me, so like…like, I was just sorry. I couldn’t not be sorry for…for…for pissing him off like that. For…for…”

Simone glanced at Nickie as the light turned green and the long moments between Simone wanting to speak her brutally honest mind about what she really thought about Hunter found them nearing the campus.

“I just think you were wrong. Are wrong. Me and Hunter? We’re built to last, Simone. We love each other…and, like…that’s all you need, right…? Like, yeah, there are issues, but I don’t want to think about them. It’s fine, like. Everything has problems, but they’ll go away. We’re nearly a month into this relationship, so like…it’ll get better, and then I can be all, like, I told you so.” She laughed softly at her weak joke and then sighed again. “Because…like…I can’t see me without him. Like, I know I didn’t have him before now, but…but I just don’t think I could be anything without him now.”

And when they came to a stop at Simone's usual parking space by the cafeteria, which was always her intention because Simone personally wanted to be as close to her breakfast as she wanted, she was growing increasingly frustrated with Nickie and Hunter and just...how toxic their relationship was. Yeah, maybe Simone had no place to judge. Between her own complicated take on feelings that might be there for someone and some of the flings she had in the past that might've gone somewhere if circumstances were different.

But what irked her about hunter now was how Nickie thought so little of herself. She promised she wouldn't say anything, but something about all of this just lit a fire under her ass.

“You…like, you get it?”

"Sorry, but I don't get it, chica." And there she began by breaking her word. Sorry, Nickie. "You know I'm in your corner and I want to be supportive for you, because God knows that almost everyone here has a stick up their ass. But girl..." Simone expelled a short sigh, turning part of her body to face Nickie. "I don't know how much shit you went through before I knew you, to think that you can't be you without some boy is BS and you know it. Hunter is okay and he treats you like you're a queen, but c'mon, you gotta believe you're a queen, too! Don't let a man dictate your self worth and you sure as hell shouldn't let anyone give you any shit, either."

now playing... Boys Ain't Shit by Saygrace

outfit: Ready for school

mentions: Alex, Hunter, Nickie

interactions: Nickie

º º code by ditto º º

HUNTER DRAKE

“You ignore my texts all week and the time you call me back..”

“I know.”

Hunter had very few words for his stepmother, Hana. He had even fewer that could explain his position, but as he put his duffel bag in the backseat of her Mercedes Bens S-Class, which was outfitted with metallic black paint and a white leather interior, he just kept thinking about the domino effect from hell that was tonight led to this moment..

Before everything went to shit, he remembered being at his highest. He felt like he was on a cloud, floating around in nothing but his puffy speedo, a bow and arrow quiver on his back. He remembered the feeling he had when he saw Nickie and how the only thing he wanted to do was hug and kiss her; how he wanted to tell her about how great he felt at the time.

That was his first mistake.

And now he was sitting beside one of the last people he thought he’d call, but with Mimi in Napa Valley this weekend visiting her cousin, his father on the other side of the country doing some fan convention thing, the only person who he could think of calling was his stepmother.

And as much as she has been trying to forge a relationship with him and be a mother to him (very much with Hunter making it as difficult for her as he could), this probably wasn’t the circumstance she’d be there for him.

And the subtle purr of the engine took off and for a while, the ride back to Long Beach was quiet. It gave Hunter a lot of time to think.

Which would have been nice, but the only person his fucked up mind would think about was Nickie, who he didn’t know was still his girlfriend.

“Are you listening, Hunter?”

Hunter finally heard his stepmom, who up until a few moments ago was just white noise to him. “Huh?”

As they came to a stop at a red light, he saw the fire stirring in her dark eyes. Hunter didn’t need to be a FBI Analyzer to know she was one step from smacking him aside the head. And he wouldn’t even blame her.

“I said what happened to you?”

Hunter shrugged, offering no response.

“Don’t just shut me out like that. Hunter, please!”

“Light’s green,” Hunter said as the honks from behind them started pouring in.

Hana drove the car, taking the first right and pulling to the side of the road. There was such a sense of urgency that the tires screeched when she hit the break. “There! Now we don’t have anything to keep us from talking.”

“There’s nothing to talk about--”

“Don’t treat me like I’m one of your friends, Mason Hunter!”

For a minute, Hunter couldn’t believe what he heard. For the longest time, the only person who dared call him by his full name was his father and that was only when he was drunk and wanted to enjoy himself. But right now, as he sat no more than a foot away from Hana Park-Drake, he didn’t know what this feeling was. Shock was definitely present, but something deeper than that resembled an almost appreciation?

“I don’t know what you want me to say.”

And it was true. Despite how much shit his social life was right now, Hunter didn’t know how to put it to words, or at the very least, explain it to someone he barely talks with.

“Just explain it. Hunter, do you know how many times I’ve waited for you to need me for something? Anything to show that all these years I’ve been married to your father wasn’t just for show.”

“Hana--”

She cut him off and continued. “Nearly ten years and you’ve never called me mom, let alone gave me any indication that you wanted something from me. I don’t even care if you called me as a last resort. I’m not someone who is easily bothered by that sort of thing. So talk to me. I’m not taking us home until you tell me something.”

As she spoke with such emotion, maybe for the first time, Hunter saw his father’s wife as more than just that. Maybe it was her genuine honesty that struck a chord with him or that tonight had hit him harder than he thought, but as he looked at his mother...stepmother, he couldn’t hold it in. Even if it was just a few tears, Hunter could feel them sliding down his face as his vision went blurry.

“I’m just..” His voice cracked and Hunter caught himself, coughing and he shook his head. “I’ve been dating someone.”

Hana smiled. “I bet she’s lovely.”

Hunter nodded. “Yeah, she’s amazing. A lot of kids at school don’t like her, but, I don’t care what they think. She’s amazing to me.”

“What’s her name?”

“Nickie. She’s a grade older than me, but sometimes it feels like I’m the older one, you know?” Hunter laughed at the irony of his comment. “Anyway, I’ve been hanging with her for a few weeks now and we became official around Halloween. And we even had our first date. I mean, it was my first too, so I guess that's pretty cool.” There he went rambling on again. “But tonight…”

“What about tonight, Hunter?” She asked like Hunter had her undivided attention.

“Well we were..” Hunter thought about his words carefully. He didn’t want to tell her that they were breaking into the school today. “So today, we were hanging out and, I was telling her about how great I was feeling and, I don’t know, maybe she took it the wrong way, but she started talking about how we didn’t know each other that well. Things escalated and I just sort of...left. And I promised her I would never do that. And I’m just.”

Great, now Hunter was starting to feel the tears come up.

He shook his head and continued. “And then after, I did something to a friend that I shouldn’t have and then that resulted in this brilliant shiner you see.” Hunter pointed to the nice cut on his nose. “A charming girl named Charlie did that. You’d love her. Shortest girl you’ll ever meet and has the nasty temper like Dad when he’s had one too many.”

Hana and Hunter both shared a laugh.

“Anyway, now I’m just not sure if we’re still together.”

The silence that filled the space of the front seat was so awkward and tense for Hunter that he thought, for a few minutes at least, that Hana was going to judge him. He left out a few crucial details such as where they were. Regardless of what happened, part of Hunter knew that telling his stepmom about how a lot of the students of Hollywood Arts broke into the school. That’s certainly not something that she needed to know. But at the same time, he rnot knowing the entirety of what happened might not generate any kind of accurate response.

But Hunter was feeling it. Every emotion of seeing his stepmom look at him, the way her eyes were focusing on him and inside, he just...wanted to say something. He wanted to tell her to forget it, but she wanted him to talk to her. So now it was in her court.

Just when Hunter thought this was all for naught, Hana squeezed his hand and pulled him into a hug.

And there was just something about it that...didn’t feel like the times prior. Maybe it was how emotional he felt. Maybe it was the regret he was experiencing about how he treated Ash, how he egged Charlie on, about how he didn’t do anything when Trevor wailed on him verbally. Maybe it was everything about tonight, but when he found himself wrapping his long arms around his mother, he let it all out into her shoulders.

All of the emotions, every single one, it was poured out into a rough, yell-like cry

“That’s it, Hunter,” Hana said in a soothing, low voice, gently patting the back of Hunter’s head. “Just let it all out.”

___________________​

On some level, Hunter knew that moving out of the condo was the right decision. It didn’t matter if it was Hana’s somewhat assertive suggestion. He knew it had to be done regardless.

So when he wasn’t at school, his mother and her brothers were helping him move his stuff out, which was to say that it wasn’t a lot. It was done within half of a day and Hunter moved into the dorms on campus. It felt weird for him because he hasn’t lived in the on-campus dorms since his freshman year. It felt weird for him because, after everything, he was living alone.

Yet, something about being in a dorm felt...right. There was a lot of mixed emotions swirling about, but if there was anything Hunter can say came out of it, it was that he and Hana had made some real strides. Hunter didn’t see her as just his father’s wife anymore. It would be a while before he could call her mom, but knowing that they were in a better place than they have been might’ve opened his eyes.

It wasn’t just the fact that he and Hana were on better terms that caused Hunter to open his eyes. Throughout the past week, when he had still not gone to Nickie, Hunter found his vision becoming clear thanks to an unlikely source.

Amy Jones.

Hunter had always liked Amy. She was Dei’s ex, sure. And maybe part of him had always felt a little guilty for how he treated her, but they always had a solid relationship. She wasn’t the type to let how he felt about her ex to stop him from going to her for advice, which was good because by last weekend, after all of his classes ended and Hunter was left without any distractions from his last-minute Arts Fest preparations, he had nothing keeping him from thinking about Nickie. There was nothing to focus on and he sought out Amy.

He was at a loss of what to do.

And after they talked for nearly an hour and after Hunter had told her everything that happened, she helped him put things into perspective. Amy was one of the few people who had initially put Hunter in the path of being more the kind person he was and not the Dei Jr that a lot of people had called him.

Suffice to say not long after they finished their conversation, Hunter had immediately messaged Nickie back, apologizing for everything. For yelling at her, for leaving when he shouldn’t. He sent her a wall of text and they were fine. She forgave him and they were fine.

And for the past couple of days, including the ten minutes he had spent walking from the student housing to the campus, Hunter kept thinking about everything. “Can’t believe disaster has been avoided,” he found himself muttering as he arrived at his locker. When he opened it, he leaned forward, almost smiling as he grabbed a book he needed for his first class.

And then he turned around, taking out his phone.

Babe i’m by my locker, so whenever you get here, come meet me.

Maybe we can hang before classes start?

Maybe I can walk you to your class or whatever..

See you then!

Love you! <3

All five messages were sent over the course of a continuous minute. He was half-smiling through it all.

now playing...Love is Blindness by Jack White

outfit: Sup?

mentions: Ash, Trevor, Charlie, Dei, Amy, Nickie

interactions: Nickie via a bunch of text messages

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back