• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here

Elizabeth Sterling

Oh my god, oh my god.

Stay cool, calm, and collected. The three C's that Beth totally ran her life according to, especially when she was like... hanging out with a super hot boy. Not that she had any kind of crush on Spencer or anything, no matter what Kinni might think and decide to say on public Twitter (also fuck her). And no matter what Stella might be pushing for, there was nothing here. Beth was completely into Spencer in a totally platonic way.

She totally wasn't trying to stay all cool and calm and stuff to stop the slight blush that was starting to rise to her cheeks, nope, no way, no sirree, definitely not.

As Spencer approached, Beth pushed herself up from the edge of the fountain. She gave a sweet smile to the boy in front of her. But suddenly, she was a little too fidgety and thinking a little too much about where her hands were, and she found herself rubbing her hands against her sides, which she realized probably looked dumb and awkward as heck, so she settled for crossing her arms over her chest which looked totally cool and natural.

Yeah, and Stella had thought she could just casually ask Spencer to the Ball. Pfft. Please.

(It was going to be a miracle if she could get ten words out to him.)

“Hey,” he greeted with an apologetic smile, one hand running through the back of his hair, “sorry I’m so late. I got a bit turned around trying to locate the fountain.”

Oh my god, that was like, so freaking hot.

He hadn't even done anything, but oh my god, everything he did was super freaking hot because he was super freaking hot.

“I’ll make it up to you later. Shall we get this city tour started?” He asked, and he slipped his hands into his pockets and oh god, why was that hot, too?

"Don't worry -- I was running late, too," Beth said with a laugh, although she felt as if her laugh might've sounded a little awkward and bad and maybe a little too loud, so she tried to quiet herself, which kind of just resulted in her laughter stopping almost a bit too abruptly, and oh my god, she was so overthinking all of this. "Tori is... needed..." she trailed off when she realized there was no way she could tell Spencer what actually happened.

"Tori needed my help shaving her mustache."

Seriously, Beth? That was the best she could come up with?

Insert another smile here as Beth tried to keep her cool, although she was freaking out inside.

Calm down. This was Beth. Nothing got to Beth.

Just imagine that this was one of her sister's dumb friends and not a super hot, super single guy.

"Anyway," what a casual change of conversation -- Beth was such a genius. "So I hope you're ready to walk a lot, because our first stop," she said as she started to walk away from the park, her hands sliding into the pockets of her jacket, "is somewhere that we're basically just going to walk all over. First stop is--"

But she cut herself off, a little smile playing across her lips. Sure, she could just say it right away, or... she could make him try and guess.

"Guess," she said, "I'll give you, like, a hint. It has to do with stars."

Oh what a good hint.

mood
ugh

outfit
clothes

playing...
It's Still Cool If You Don't
by Briston Maroney​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Spencer

tags
Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

Ashton West

Mikaela was good. As in like, she kept cleverly avoiding Ash's questions, and yeah, maybe the tiny blonde was starting to get a little frustrated with that. It wasn't like she cared too much about who Mikaela was going to the Ball with, but she did care for, like, Newt's sake.

But Mikaela was obviously not in the mood to answer, and Ash wasn't really sure how to get it out of her. She was used to being able to get the answers that she wanted out of people, or even if they didn't answer, she wasn't like... well usually they didn't like... they didn't throw her off as much as Mikaela was.

First with the dress, and now with her next words.

“Oh sweetie don’t worry about setting me up. You should focus on setting yourself up first.” Mikaela said, and Ash cast a curious glance over at her.

Ash didn't need to worry about that, obviously, not that anyone knew that.

“Maybe…” Mikaela started slowly, and Ash started to grow suspicious, and then the brunette looked towards her with a sly smile, “with the special someone who gifted you that adorable little necklace since they obviously think of you as their special little star and all.”

Instead of losing her composure in this moment, however, Ash managed to keep her wits about her. She wasn't always, like, the greatest at keeping her feelings or whatever to herself. Like, Ash a lot of times was the kind of girl that wore her heart on her sleeve, her face easily betraying her emotions and inner thoughts. However, that wasn't to say that she was incapable of hiding things, like... she could.

When she really wanted to.

And Trevor?

Something she really wanted to keep to herself, and not let her emotions and feelings be portrayed blatantly on her face. She hadn't even noticed that she was fidgeting with the necklace, and her fingers -- which had still been holding it -- tightly clenched the little star pendant once more before she let go, letting the warm metal fall back to her skin. It had been an easy habit to pick up, probably because like, she'd worn necklaces in the past, and the same thing always happened. The fidgeting with it, tugging and twisting it in her fingers.

"Oh my god, please," Ash scoffed, letting out a soft laugh and a little shake of her head at Mikaela's words. "I can't take my dad to the Ball." She said, rolling her eyes as she looked towards Mikaela, her lips downturned into a frown. "Sorry. He got it for me, like, after my Arts Festival performance or whatever."

Believable enough -- well, except that Mikaela didn't know Ash. But for her, it was believable. Heck, in one of her drawers in her room? She had this dumb little charm bracelet with a moon and a couple stars hanging from it that her dad had gotten her. Stars were kind of Ash's thing.

"Unfortunately," she placed a dramatic hand over her chest, "that sexy red dress will umm... well, it won't like... be appreciated or... whatever by like... anyone."

Because there was no way in hell that Ash was going to be wearing it.

Unfortunately, the store attendant hadn't forgotten, and came walking back over. Ash's heart dropped into her stomach, but then there was a little spark of hope when there wasn't anything red in her hands. Just a purple dress. Ha. That was totally for someone else, so Ash had avoided it. She gave a smug smile in Mikaela's direction...

... Until the store attendant stopped next to them.

"We didn't have it in red in your size. My apologies. I did, however, find something similar in purple." The store attendant explained, and she held the dress out to Ash.

This was where she should say "thanks, but no thanks, take it back."

But this was Ash so instead...

She took the dress from the attendant, offering her a soft smile. "Oh, don't worry about it. Thank you so much for umm... for, like, for looking, and ummm... yeah, thanks..." she trailed off, offering a soft laugh, and the attendant walked off -- and once she was out of sight, Ash's smile fell.

She held the purple dress out in front of her, eyebrows raising as she studied it, and then she dropped her hands down so the dress brushed against the floor, and she looked across at Mikaela.

"I'm so not wearing this," she stated and went to start putting it back on the rack, but instead she held it out towards Mikaela. "What about for you?" Ash asked. "Like, you know... for whoever your hot date is."

mood
ehhhhh

outfit
something cute that JJ definitely hates

playing...
Hate Me (Sometimes)
by Stand Atlantic​

mentions
Trevor

interactions
Mikaela

tags
Xed Xed

º º code by ditto º º

LINDSAY MORGAN KAY

Lin’s right side slammed into the grass, and he rolled himself over twice, finally landing in a Spiderman pose facing the fence.

Because duh. Grand entrances were his thing. Ess-em-aych, you should’ve known that by now. Get with the programmy.

The Donald-Duck-underwear-clad Lindsay held the pose with his best serious superhero face for a few seconds before a wide, toothy, crooked grin cracked across his face. Giggling to himself, he muttered, “Hell fuckin’ yeah.” He slooooowly stood, planting both of his feet on the ground, and he took a couple of steps backwards, away from the fence. He put his hands on the hips, frowning and cocking his head at the fence.

Now we’re watchin’…and we’re waitin’…,” Lin sang to himself, tapping his foot like an impatient middle school librarian. “And we’re watchin’….and we’re waitin’….and we’re still waitin’…and…

He flopped his arms down at his side, looking up towards the sky and letting out a loud groan: “UGH!” Huffing, he cupped his hands around his face, looking at the top of the fairly tall fence again. “Yo, Zephy! You comin’ or what?”

And just like that, Lin heard the loud ttf, ttf, ttf of feet against the ground, and then —

Boringly, Zeph’s hands appeared at the top of the fence, and Lin watched with an unamused expression as his best friend tugged himself up to the top of the fence.

“Get down here!” Lin called. ‘Course he yelled it, even if Zeph was at most six feet away. Yelling was always necessary.

“What’re we doing?” Zeph hissed.

Lin raised an eyebrow. “Whaddoyamean?”

Zeph cautiously dropped himself onto the ground — in a far less dramatic fashion than Lin had done, ess-em-aych. Zephy’s brows drew together, and he kept looking between the neighbors’ and Lin and the neighbors’ and Lin and the neighbors’ and Lin. “Isn’t this breaking and entering? That’s ah…that’s real, real illegal.”

Lin blinked in disbelief, and then cackled, waving a hand dismissively. “Breaking?” He gestured around them. “Ess-em-aych, Zephy — there wasn’t any breaking done! No breakage! No snappage!” He crossed his arms proudly, giving a sure nod. “Can’t be breaking and entering if there idn’t any breaking, duh. All the cops and judges and lawyers agree, obvs.” He rolled his eyes, and then he slowly grinned, his eyes looking back to Zeph with a mischievous look. “Pluuuuuuuuuuuuuuus-s-s-s…” He flopped and arm around Zeph’s shoulder, bouncing his finger in a come hither motion even as he yanked him closer. He turned to whisper in his ear. “We’re not entering, either.

Cackling, he whipped away from him, turning to the pool with a loud, “Luhmao!”

Pool, glorious pool. Wasn’t this just a fucking beautiful pool, luhmao? I mean, look at that blue ass water. That was some blue ass water.

He pranced towards it, skipping, and he stopped at the concrete sidewalk lining it. He dropped down onto his butt — and then he flung himself out on the concrete on his back, his limbs splayed. He sighed contentedly, and then rolled onto his side. Smirking, he stroked the sidewalk. “C’mooooon, Zephyyyy…,” he said in his deepest, most teasing voice. “You know you wannooooooo.” He bounced his eyebrows, wiggling his shoulders. His voice became more sing-song. “You know you wannooooo, you know you wannoooo...”

Even as he pushed himself off of the ground and faced the pool, he moved slinkily, wiggling his shoulders and his butt and singing, “You know you wannoooo, you know you wannooooo, you know you wannoooo…” Step, step, step, step, turnnnn, step, step —

And then, abruptly, he stopped singing, and he took off running toward the pool, screeching, “CANNONBALL!” Before he hit the water, he folded his limbs in, squeezing his eyes shut and holding his breath.

SPLASH! The whole pool rocked from Lin’s entry, water splashing out every which way.

Underwater, Lin cackled proudly through his nose, and large bubbles poured out of his nostrils, which made him laugh even more as he swam toward the surface.

His head popped out, and he whooped loudly, first pressing fingers in his squeezed-shut eyes to rid them of water and then slicking back his hair, which was much longer and in his face when it was wet. He did a 360, and then he did another 180 to face Zeph.

Laughing happily and beaming with joy, the widely grinning Lin yelled, “Come on in, Chicken, bock-bock-bock! The water is fucking wonderful, luhmao!”

mood
come on in lmao

outfit
not much lmao

playing...
we'll be okay
by lindsay kay​

mentions
n/a

interactions
zeph

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

nickie abrams.

It felt really fucking stupid to say this. Literally, if you asked her, like, she would vehemently deny this, because, like…who ever wanted to admit this? But the truth was…Nickie…never really had any friends.

Don’t get her wrong. When there were new kids in elementary school, she would be the first to speak to them, and she’d call them her friends. And, like, they’d hang out for a day or so, and she’d think, Damn, it’s really nice to have friends. But they’d say that they never liked her anyway and hang out with the more popular kids when they got the chance, you know. And when she got older, she had “friends” that she’d party with. Here, she had them too, like Ash and Charlie and even fucking Gen at one point. But those weren’t really her friends either. Maybe they felt like it at the time, but she knew, deep down, that none of them really liked her anyway, and look at that, she’d been right, and they were nowhere to be seen now.

But Liv…

Things felt different around Liv. Different than they even did with Slater, who she was kind of growing to genuinely think of as her friend, too. Liv was…well, someone who Nickie had convinced herself that she hated, but Liv had proved her wrong at every turn. Like, sure, she was kind of really a crackhead. Sure, she made awful decisions. Sure, she was, like…a total wreck walking. But…it…it felt genuine. Like Nickie didn’t have to try.

She thought that with Hunter. She thought that she was at that point — at that I don’t have to try, because I love him and I can trust him with me — with him, but she’d been wrong. Any time she was around him, it was just a game of shoving everything down inside or letting everything out and looking like a complete bitch either way.

She realized now, something about being around Hunter made her feel so awfully two-dimensional. All she did was fucking cry. Even after they broke up, that was all she did. That was what she’d done her whole life, when she was lonely, and she was doing it with someone who made her feel loved.

That was fucking stupid. She was so fucking stupid.

And maybe she wanted that back. Maybe she really did. Because…because yeah. Yeah, maybe she still cared about him. Maybe she still almost texted him an apology every night. So fucking what? So. Fucking. What.

Right now, that didn’t matter. Right now, she was around someone who she genuinely didn’t have to try with. Maybe she felt that way because of some internal superiority complex, or maybe it was just because her brain had decided that trying with Liv was so fucking overrated anyway.

But regardless, she enjoyed it. It brought out…a side of herself. A good side, a bad side, she didn’t know. But a side that she didn’t really see too often before.

A side that futilely fought to suppress a smile as she watched her friend rip open an overpriced stuffed animal that should have reminded her of some shitty thing she’d done in the past and brought some kind of guilt with it. A side that made her scoff, smile, and wave a hand dismissively at Liv’s compliments, though her heart was warming from them.

A side that felt so fucking happy right now.

Not the same kind of so fucking happy that happened after the vomitfest in Gen’s bathroom on Halloween. Not the same kind of so fucking happy as…

She couldn’t think of another example, but not that kind of so fucking happy, either.

Nickie was just…happy. Happy for no other reason than that she was. Because it was hard to explain, really, you know?

Liv threw the unicorn into a chair and yanked Nickie into a tight hug. Even as she was being squeezed and having her ear squealed right next to, she couldn’t stop that happy feeling in her chest, and she couldn’t keep herself from laughing happily.

She didn’t really like hugs. She didn’t really like being deafened.

But fuck it. She was used to not really having explanations for things at this point.

Like yes, she was here. And yes, she was enjoying it.

If you had a problem with it, you could go fuck yourself. (Smiley face.)

“Awweeeeeeeeee!” squealed Liv. “I — you didn't have to. I love it.”

“It’s nothing,” Nickie dismissed again, unable to keep her smile away.

“Seriously, Nicks,” she said. “It’s so ADORABLE.”

The nickname took her aback for a moment, and her smile stifled. No one really used that. Her family used that. Hunter had used that…

Her smile pressed even broader — because she realized that she really didn’t mind it from Liv.

Liv pulled away. “Guess what,” she said, looking Nickie square in the eyes.

“What?” Nickie asked, raising her eyebrows curiously.

“You’re my best friend too.”

Nickie was, once again, taken aback. For a moment, she just stared in surprise, and then, her smile came back even brighter than before.

Best friends. Liv and Nickie.

She liked it.

“Ohmigosh,” Liv gasped. “I can tell people I have a hot best friend and —“

She stopped abruptly, and Nickie raised an eyebrow at her. Liv slumped her shoulders, and she grabbed her phone and then turned the screen to Nickie.

Nickie squinted at the screen, and then — “Oh my God.” She looked at Liv’s face, eyes wide.

“I’m hanging out with my ex tomorrow. It’s gonna be…” Liv trailed off, and then continued. “I don’t know, I never worry about what to wear but now I’m worrying. I shouldn’t worry because she has a boyfriend now and that’s probably gonna complicate things a lot because I’m still really — why am I even worrying? It’s not like there’s a chance we’d get back together so is there a point to even care about what I’m wearing or what she thinks? Well obviously I’m gonna care about what she thinks, I mean she’s Gen and —“

She cut herself off, then took a breath. “I don’t think we’re good with exes. Is that a best friend thing too?”

Nickie sighed, smiling slightly. “Maybe, actually.”

So Liv had been texting her ex, too.

Psh. We’re both desperate bitches, huh? she thought amusedly.

Liv’s brows knit together. “I don’t even know what I’m doing for the ball, I probably have to ask —“

Liv didn’t know what she was doing for the ball, either? Nickie’s brows raised.

There was an idea blooming at the back of her head.

Liv spoke again. “If you kiss someone, are you kind of inclined or forced to ask them to the dance?”

“Huh?” Nickie blinked.

“I mean, she kissed me but I kinda asked for it?” Liv asked. “That sounds really wrong but I kinda really did imply that...like, it was a good kiss!”

One brow sank, but the other remained mounted high. “And…?”

“I just...I don’t know if I wanna go with them. I mean, I know that…I don’t wanna go alone, but also isn’t it a really bad thing to kiss someone and then just not invite them to the ball? Isn’t it kinda…wrong?” Liv sighed. The unicorn wound up in her arms again, and she looked like she was squeezing it to death. “Am I doing something wrong?”

Nickie’s lips pressed into a line, and she sucked her lower lip in. Breathing in a deep breath, she sat herself down beside Liv now, very slowly. “Uhm…” Her brows were tightly creased together.

After a long moment, she started: “No.”

Reaching out, she put a manicured hand on Liv’s forearm, looking to Liv’s eyes. “Literally, Livanna, like…” Nickie smiled slightly. “If there’s anything that I’ve learned, it’s that a kiss literally means fucking nothing.”

She laughed slightly, pulling her hand away to run it through her hair. “Like, a kiss is just an act. It doesn’t mean anything more than, like, ’Right now, I’m kissing you.’” She shrugged. “People who hate each other kiss all the time. People who fuck each other, too. A kiss doesn’t really mean anything else. Unless you, like, told her that you’d go to the ball with her, it doesn’t mean anything.”

After the words left her mouth, she let out a sigh and added, “Trust me.”

She paused a long moment, looking back at Liv. She stared for a moment, and then smiled slightly. “Plus, balls aren’t for just romance. Balls are, like…you’re supposed to get lit at them. Like, bring a friend if you want to. Bring your worst fucking enemy, like. As long as it’s fun, who gives a shit, you know?” she laughed.

She swallowed. “Uhm…and speaking of…”

The idea in the back of her head had fully formed, and now, it was time to get it out.

She breathed out a sigh, running a hand through her hair and smiling at her friend. “You said you don’t have any plans. Neither do I. And it’s kind of obvious that you don’t want to go with that other person, so…what do you say to just, like, me and you…”

She breathed in another deep breath, and she shyly smiled again. “Like, what do you say we, like, go to the ball together?”

mood
?

outfit
something

playing...
normal
by nickie.​

mentions
hunter, ash, charlie, & gen

interactions
liv

tags
Soap Soap

º º code by ditto º º

MICHAEL K. REID​

(tw: alcoholism mention)

‘d Mike ever tell you how much he fucking hated alcohol?

You know, when he first tasted that shit — when Liam Young slipped him a beer in fourth grade, yeah — he vomited his guts out, right as soon as it hit his tongue. It tasted like cat piss, looked like it, too — just exactly like foamy, fermented urine. Liam and Aiden and Logan all laughed their asses off, too, but then Aiden did the same shit as Mike’d done, so fucking karma, right? Anyway, they still made him chug the bottle. He barely managed to keep it down. No fucking wonder — beer wasn’t engineered for the guts of nine-year-olds. Still, the next bottle was easier to keep down at least.

Then, he stole some of his mom’s tequila for a sixth grade party. He took a swig of it in the bathroom, and he lost his fucking stomach again. His ears popped, too, and they wouldn’t unpop for the rest of the evening. But, like the beer, the more he drank, the more he could keep it down.

He’d been told back then that the more he drank it, the better it would taste. That was a damn lie. It still tasted and smelled as much like shit as it did day one. It was just shit that he could tolerate now.

He could never be a fucking alcoholic. Dependence on shit like that was fucking pitiful.

He did like drinking, though. He liked the fun. He liked the not knowing what the fuck he was doing.

And he really fucking loved the forgetting.

Nate opened the door, and Mike followed after him. The unpleasant smell of the apartment hit his nose and made his head give a dissatisfied throb. Weed. Body odor. Something else. Nothing good-smelling. “Smells like a stoner sex shop,” he muttered to himself.

He shut the door behind himself, breathing out a sigh into the disgusting-smelling air. He guessed that this was what you got when you shoved countless potheads into a single apartment.

He glanced toward Nate, who was making his way down the hall, and he slowly dragged himself toward him, breathing out as much as possible and breathing in as little as he could, keeping his eyes fixed on the floor.

“You don’t live here,” Nate said.

Mike stopped walking, lifting his head to see… “DuBallsDeep?” Mike’s brows knit together.

“Look like shit,” Nate commented.

Lucky glowered at the other boy. “You’re not just a pretty face, Nate. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”

“Heh,” Mike added, though it wasn’t really a laugh.

Lucky gave Mike a nod, and Mike nodded back. “Pleasure seeing you, Sweet Cheeks,” he teased, though his tone didn’t indicate that it was tongue-in-cheek. He grinned. “Ya come here often?” He gave him a once-over. He nodded toward him again. “Oh damn, those eyebags designer?”

A bottle appeared in Mike’s periphery, and he looked over to see Nate holding it. He gave him a nod of thanks, then took the bottle. He held it out from himself to read the label.

His lip curled slightly. Tequila. Mm, his favorite. He could already taste the added flavor of the bile that would wash up in his throat. It really brought out the earthiness.

He glanced at Nate. Were they just going to drink it straight from the bottle? No soda, no salt? Damn, it’d been ages since he’d done shit like this.

Well, he did say that he was in the “get shit-faced and start a riot” mood. Nothing got you quite as shit-faced quite as fast as fucking tequila.

“Come with us?” Nate asked, and Mike looked up to see Nate looking back at him for approval.

Mike gave a twinge of the eyebrow and a slight nod, looking to Lucky.

“Where are we going?” Lucky asked.

“Hell,” Mike said, “and probably…I don’t fucking know.” He looked over at Nate, then back at Lucky, his tired face barely reading anything. “But I’ve got an idea. Place I know where kids can get drunk and no one will really give a shit.” Turning, he started toward the door. “Come with me. The Shitmobile will take us where we need to go.”

……………………

Good news: Mike’s headache was all but gone. The grass was green in the park. The birds were chirping. It was kinda crowded toward the front, but they kept going, and now it was pretty thinned out. The grass felt super fucking neat beneath his feet, too. He’d never noticed that, ya know. How grass felt. His brain was a bit gummy, though. Nothing super major.

Bad news: What bad news was there? He was feeling fucking great.

(The drugs had kicked in.)

Laughing at some joke that he'd already forgotten, the boy leading the trio dropped down onto the grass on the hill, and the bottle clenched loosely in his fist bounced against the ground. As soon as he hit the ground, he reached over and opened his bottle, taking a deep swig of the liquor. He pulled it away from his lips, and it gave a loud pop. A bit of alcohol spilled onto the front of his shirt. His face screwed up at the scent initially, but his expression melted back into a smile.

“Come on down, boys,” he said, grinning up at the others, his lids sinking lower even as he spoke, “the water’s fine.” He held up his bottle. “Hey, cheers." He gave a wink. "Bottoms up, Balls and babro. Here’s to getting shit-faced in a family-friendly park, ‘uh?”

Chuckling, Mike tipped his bottle back up to his lips, and then he looked to Nate again. "Hey, Nathan," he said. "You got anymore of that shit you gave me back at your place? Shit's fucking great." He chuckled, adding, "Or hell, literally fucking anything. Just hit me with a hit of something. Make me feel like a sexy disembodied soul, you feel me?" His grin broadened. "Or like a hot ass butterfly."

mood
feeling fucking great

outfit
who fucking cares

playing...
drunk face
by machine gun kelly​

mentions
n/a

interactions
nate & lucky

tags
Winona Winona gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

º º code by ditto º º

Mikaela Ainsley

No flush of scarlet on her cheeks, no squeak, nothing. Shame. Either Ash had in this moment found her poker face or there really was nothing to the necklace and it was just a regular nervous habit.

How disappointing and boring.

She was referring to Ash’s reaction of course, not the fact that Ash was apparently single and scandal free in her love life. She was not that invested or obsessed over Ash’s love life despite the impression her needling and teasing might give one.

There wasn’t anything she was invested in anymore, but of course, a girl had to pretend when a girl had to pretend and moments like these where she still seemed to have some actual interest in life helped her camouflage the fact that she was now just an empty shell, adrift on the open sea.

Since there didn’t seem to be anything left to tease about, Mikaela was rapidly losing interest in this conversation and interaction.

And then Ash brought up the dress, reminding Mikaela that there was still a little something she could tease Ash about and get some more entertainment out of. Yes, she had already forgotten about the dress that she had asked the attendant to fetch even though that had barely been a few minutes ago.

The shop attendant hadn’t forgotten though as she soon reappeared, though with a different dress in her hand.

Not a shocking bright red, just a plain purple.

But according to the woman, aside from it being a different colour, the design was otherwise similar.

She moved to jump in so Ash couldn’t turn her away but to her surprise, Ash took the dress instead and thanked the attendant.

There was no way Ash had changed her mind just like that. What was she up to now?

Mikaela watched quietly as the attendant disappeared into another part of the shop and Ash proceeded to study the dress before looking at her.

“I’m so not wearing this,” she stated, moving to put it back on the rack before suddenly changing direction and holding it out to her. “What about for you?” The young blonde asked, “Like, you know, for whoever your hot date is.”

Mikaela took the dress off her hands smiling. If she was going to dress up to look hot, it certainly wasn’t going to be for Casey, but no one but her needed to know that and Ash, despite her attempts, wasn’t going to shake her off or change topics that easily.

Well,” she started slowly, running her hand along the dress as she studied it, “if you don’t have a hot date or a hot someone in your life…” she paused to look up at Ash her smile turning conspiratorial, “let’s start by fixing that shall we? Since I already have a date,” watchdog really, no thanks to her stranger taser and stalke- ahem, CCTV camera, “you needn’t waste anymore energy on that, so we can fix our focus on you instead.”

She held the dress out in front of Ash and the length and fit of it looked right, good enough really. Wasn’t as radiant and eye catching as the fiery red one she had picked out but hey, aside from the more muted colour? Pretty much identical as the attendant had promised. In other words, perfect.

“Excuse me miss!” Mikaela waved the attendant back over with a smile, “Thank you for helping us get this dress. My friend here will be taking it. It’s perfect.” She spoke quickly and confidently before sending the attendant away with a smile and the dress, refusing to give Ash an opening to cut in and protest. Mikaela could put her foot down and push for things when she wanted to and right now, she just wanted to tease and needle Ash a little more. Worse come worse, that dress would just sit and collect dust in a wardrobe instead of stares on the dance floor. A small waste of an amount of money that neither of their families would even blink about and honestly? She didn’t actually care if Ash wore the dress or not, it was just entertaining.

“And looks like we have our first dress of the day. We should show it off to the others later. Shall we go find them?”

It was framed as a question, but Mikaela had pretty much already made up her mind. The moment the purchase was settled, they were heading back to the others and showing off that dress to get some beautifully entertaining reactions.

mood
Dress

outfit
outfit

playing...
song title here

by artist here​

mentions
Chanel, Casey

interactions
Ash

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Kian Phelan
@lockandkian has set their status to:
I've seen James Bond

@lockandkian has set their outfit to:
oh look, it's black

@lockandkian has set their location to:
prison, probably

@lockandkian has mentioned:
n/a

@lockandkian has interacted with:
Felix

@lockandkian has tagged:
ditto ditto
After his horrifying near-death experience, Kian was more than happy with the idea of chilling out and playing a few rounds of discount golf with his buddy. It had been a rough couple of weeks, he absolutely needed the reprieve from the daily humdrum that had been setting his teeth on edge.

Felix, as usually, seemed to have a different plan for the day.

“I’ve got an idea,” Felix said confidently, stopping Kian in his tracks to turn around and look at his friend. “Let’s rent a golf cart.”

Kian blinked a few times, turning his body to fully face Felix. He’d be lying if he said that renting a golf cart didn’t sound like an amazing idea. Cruising around with Felix like a duo of cranky old men with more money than brains? Phenomenal. But Kian knew both of them far too well to think that some harmless driving would be their true end goal.

“I dunno,” Kian sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck with a calloused hand. “Sounds fun and all but they’re usually expensive and I only brought enough cash for the game…”

As soon as the words fell from Kian’s lips, he knew he had made a mistake. Either Felix was about to offer to pay, which Kian would feel horrible about, or they would find less… legal ways to acquire a golf cart. Another sigh later, Kian nodded and motioned to Felix to follow him.

Kian had seen enough of those really bad old spy movies to figure out how to distract the guy with the keys to the golf carts long enough to swipe their ticket to golf cart freedom. But as they approached the stand where a young girl in a fancy golf course uniform, Kian started to get nervous. Kian didn’t do illegal things, he was the smart one of the trio. He couldn’t even blame his inclination towards criminal activity on a high; those stupid pills that Felix had given him were making him no more high than a fucking Tylenol.

No, he had to go through with this. It wasn’t like they were stealing the golf cart forever. They’d return it when their time on the course was over in perfect condition, no one would even notice it was gone.

“Alright, here’s the plan.” Kian said quietly as he looked over Felix’s shoulder at the girl. “You, Mr Smooth-Talker, are gonna charm that worker girl, distract her and get her out from that stand. I’ll grab one of the rental slips that are already filled out and roll up like I’m meeting you to rent the golf cart, which will, of course, already be paid for. You ready?”

º º code by ditto º º

Ezra Gray
@EZGoing has set their status to:
professor ez

@EZGoing has set their outfit to:
sun & sand

@EZGoing has set their location to:
the beach

@EZGoing has mentioned:
n/a

@EZGoing has interacted with:
Dalton, Jace, Auggie, Landon

@EZGoing has tagged:
Xed Xed Winona Winona qunqun qunqun gh0stwriter gh0stwriter
Ezra had to keep himself from laughing at Jace and Auggie’s visible discomfort. No, he wasn’t taking great pleasure from the fact that the blond boy in front of him looked like he was going to pass out the second his toe hit the water, or the fact that the dancer beside him was looking at the beautiful crashing waves like he was about to go headfirst into war. No, that part actually sucked and Ez hoped that they were going to be able to get over it to actually be able to enjoy the surfing. The concern and the wide eyes, however, were almost cute.

“Bunny slope?” Dalton said as he adjusted his grip on his board. “Don’t worry baby West, if you wipe out and get split in half along with your board I’ll help retrieve your remains so you don’t become fish food.”

Ezra let out a deep laugh as he pulled the button down off of his shoulders and tucked it into the duffel bag that he dropped down into the sand.

“Bunny slopes don’t really exist in surfing, you just gotta go for it.” Ezra explained calmly to the boys as he walked between them to the edge of the water. “But don’t worry, we got you. You’re not gonna die or something.”

Wasting no time getting into the water, Ezra dove into the salty ocean as soon as he was able to, a wide grin on his face as he broke the surface of the water with a shake of his head to push the damp hair off of his face.

“Step one!” Ez called out as he hoisted himself up onto his board. “Get into the water. You can’t exactly surf if you’re standing on the beach.”

Ezra finally adjusted himself on his board so that he was sitting on the flat surface, the board bobbing up and down with the roll of the water as he secured the black leash around his ankle. Floating over beside Landon, Ezra turned to watch Dalton while the two boys behind him gathered up the courage to get into the water.

“So, who’s playing teacher here?” Ezra asked Landon with a soft laugh as he crossed his arms over his bare chest. “Can’t say I’ve ever taught anyone how to surf and it doesn’t seem like Dalton’s gonna be much help. We may not need to teach anyone anything though if they don’t get up the strength to get in the water.”

º º code by ditto º º

"Goddess of Chaos"
Magnolia Darrington
@Rebel.lia.on has set their status to:
I've really gotta chill...

@Rebel.lia.on has set their outfit to:
Here we are

@Rebel.lia.on has set their location to:
The Mall

@Rebel.lia.on has mentioned:
Josie, Dorian, Lucky

@Rebel.lia.on has interacted with:
JJ ( Soap Soap ) , Ash ( Winona Winona )
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

The lack of an actual response was pretty much expected. If there was no bite back type comment to be made then JJ seemed to just relent with an eye roll or it's equivalent. Maggie didn't mind either way. She was starting to get used to JJ's attitude and demeanor. Which isn't something she would've thought would be happening a mere month ago.

Sure she'd set out to be a good friend and play nice with the girl for Dorian's sake, but she didn't intend to actually do anything more then that. She didn't anticipate how much fun it would be talking and teasing the girl. It kinda made her realize why Dorian liked her so much. It was unexpected but times like now it was appreciated, even if Maggie would never say such a thing aloud and especially to her. It'd be just her luck she'd misunderstand and think it was her flirting again.

Though that was totally Maggie's fault she jumps to that conclusion with how much she fake flirts with her. Well mostly fake. It's fake in intention because Maggie wouldn't dare actually try and take her friends GF but the truth in her words couldn't be denied. JJ was entertaining and hot that couldn't be denied, and she made it so easy sometimes for the lines to fall from her lips. So really it was kinda JJ's fault too.

All that aside JJ did seem a bit...off. Maybe more frustrated then usual? Because while she did relent with an eye roll she could've and normally would've said something. Her next few comments only added to the theory. Not that Maggie wanted to blame her with all things considered of how this morning has gone.

However now it was Maggie's turn to roll her eyes. She did deserve at least that. It was the first nor would it be the last time someone would say she dressed like a slut. Honestly it was simply an unoriginal insult at this point if it could even be considered an insult. It was usually the insecure way of saying they think you're hotter then them in Maggie's eyes. She didn't take JJ as insecure but she could be wrong. Otherwise it was just a pointless jab.

Which normally wouldn't bother Maggie. But today?

Today something must be in the sir, or she woke up on the wrong side of the bed because she was feeling more vulnerable then usual. Why did it piss her off so much that some rando at the coffee store ragged on her? Why did it bother her so much that Ash made a stupid homewrecking implication towards her? Why was their a slight sting at even JJ's usual slut-shaming comment?

Those types of things normally just slid right off her. She had thicker skin then to be affected by such trivial things...

Maybe she was finally growing tired of it? She's been dealing with the same old bullshit for what? going on 5 years now? It's gotten old, and it's gotten boring. Lucky told her she was strong...but maybe she was tired of always having to be?

Maybe it's just one of those days where the cracks in her armor was showing and she NEEDED her best friend to be there for her. She needed to feel like someone was in her corner and had her back. Even the strong need to be able to take a breath. A place where they can just have a moment of peace, and people who can help them in their weak moments however rare they may be. Someone to tell her and remind her she wasn't genuinely the piece of shit or slut people assumed her to be.

Because she did in fact care, and days like this it was getting harder and harder to hide that.

What she got instead was a lecture and the promise that something would be done privately she supposed with no actual proof. She shouldn't have been surprised. She never got what she actually needed or wanted. She never got a chance to be vulnerable because then the vultures come, and clearly her friends would be no where to be found. Josie had messaged back a bit before stopping suddenly, so she wasn't sure what that was about. But everyone else? Radio silence.

So despite the undeniable gut wrenching tug she felt in the pit of her stomach at JJ's simple comment she did what she always did. She did what she had to do. She forced a smile to her lips, "Like a Sweet, little, unforgettable, teen? Why thank you! You're too kind." She mused placing her hand over her heart in mock admiration. It was a partial song reference she remembered off the top of her head.

Then as if the previous statement wasn't enough she decided to add in the slight reminder of Ash. Well it wasn't really slight because JJ didn't do subtle if this was her attempt at it.

Did it immediately cross Maggie's mind to just say fuck it and come up with an excuse to dip? Yes, yes it did.

Why?

Because Maggie had come on the notion she was getting away from the drama. That's why she'd asked before coming if Ash was going to be around. Not to stand around and be reminded of it every five seconds by JJ all day because she wanted to be bitchy about it. However sometimes Maggie was loyal to a fault. Maybe loyal wasn't the right word...but she believed in paying her debts.

Days like today? When she was feeling weak and needed something to cling to someone to be there in the darkness? JJ was here. While no one else is, she is. For better or for worse, intentional or not...the girl stood up for her PUBLICLY which NONE of her friends had done yet at all. JJ deserved at least a short walk around the mall to find a dress with company for that. Maggie could do that much in return as a thank you.

What she still hadn't earned was the right to see Maggie upset or rattled. So this was what she was left with.

Maggie simply shrugged with a wink, "Careful if you're seen with a homewrecker like myself people may start to talk." her tone a bit suggestive in nature because if JJ was going to keep bringing this up to make Maggie uncomfortable, then Maggie had zero qualms with some flirty undertones to make JJ squirm. Maggie was also a girl who believed in tit for tat. "Unless you're secretly a 3's company type of gal?" She smirked.

She texted Josie again because she needed to talk things out with someone who wouldn't piss her off. She needed to see if she was really over reacting over everything or not. About Lucky, about Ash, about this whole situation in general. she needed some solid ground. She needed an genuine friend who wouldn't just say "be the bigger person".

It didn't take long for Maggie to get bored of the store they were in. She hated styles that were plain or sold in every other shop. She liked to be daring, different, or stand out a bit. So she was glad when JJ relented and agreed to let her show her a place with a bit more variety in taste. This was one of her favorite places to shop when she had to have a more tamed look but still had some spunk to it.

Maggie busted out laughing as JJ poked around some leather straps and made her comment, "Of course not! That's cute you assume I wear pajamas." She teased biting her lip slightly as she spoke, "but if this is what you picture me in when I go to sleep, I can dig it." She hummed her eyes on her the entire time she spoke before giggling and looking away, "Kidding!" She chimed before JJ could get all hot and bothered. "Nude and leather are too uncomfortable to sleep in. I prefer silk." She chimed even if it was a lie. Silk was too slippery.

None the less she stuck to it. She did still have an image to upkeep after all. She couldn't very well say she actually liked to sleep in soft, cozy long sleeved pajamas. The softer the better because she liked to sleep with the fan on and a fluffy blanket. It was nothing like her everyday attire. But no one but Newt got to see that because if she had company of course she pulled out the sexy lingerie.

Maggie just let JJ go on cutting herself off every time something caught her eye that proved her wrong. She didn't say a thing she just kept a knowing smirk on her face. Because while Maggie was the wild child...clearly she wasn't dumb. She wasn't going to bring JJ to a store that she didn't think would have something JJ would actually like. She knew the difference between her own taste and that of others usually. Sure she was no JJ expert, but JJ had seemed just as bored in the other store, and it's not like this store was actually a sex shop...as funny as that would've been.

Maybe another time.

"I'm quite the hell raiser so I'll accept that." She giggled at the demon comment. Clearly JJ wanted to look around without Maggie's eyes around. Probably not wanting her to see just what kind of things she liked around here. Normally Maggie would push back just a little more, have some fun...but today she wasn't feeling it. "I'll be over here then." She replied simply as she turned and walked to another rack with some jewelry on it. She figured she could waste her time and text here since as previously noted she already had her dress.

Maggie wasn't sure how much time passed by as she was happily distracted by the jewels and watching twitter. She stayed off for the most part, but she popped in and out of a few conversations for kicks and giggles. JJ apparently was done here, and once again normally Maggie would've pestered her to see whatever was in her bag, but not today. Today this was coming to a close for her, since if JJ was happy they wouldn't really needed to go anywhere else. If she wasn't satisficed, then hopefully one one maybe two more stores would be needed.

After that the girl needed to resort to online shopping.

She pocketed her phone with a grin, "Find something you like?" She chimed as they walked out the store. "If so we can finally go to that sex shop you wanted or the food court." She laughed before accidentally bumping into someone, "Oh my bad, I-" Her words stopped as of course it would be the one blonde in all of LA she didn't want to see. Just her fucking luck...
º º code by ditto º º

"Cause my time is very pricey"
Ciara Luna

@Lunar.Eclipse has set their status to:
Welcome to LA!

@Lunar.Eclipse has set their outfit to:
Princess Cici?

@Lunar.Eclipse has set their location to:
Restaurant for Brunch

@Lunar.Eclipse has mentioned:
None

@Steller.Bae has Interacted with:
Majid (@AkuTheWolfOkami )
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

If his looks weren't hot enough the way he spoke certainly was. There was such grace and manners. Yes it still felt very formal which was certainly different for her, but she decided it came with the territory.

She did however expect more of an accent from him being that he was new here as well. She heard it a bit when he spoke in his native tongue as he greeted her but as he spoke in English it was harder to find.

It made it very easy to understand him, but she kind wondered what he sounded like with it. However she was much of the same. Especially after her time in New York, she focused on trying to switch her accent into a more American one. Specifically New York since that's the only city she'd spent a lot of time in. She hadn't perfected it or anything so her speaking sometimes had more of a blend of both.

She got into the vehicle and strapped in as the other joined in as well. Very formal very...serious aura was around. It was to be expected, and Majid had warned her a bit that it would be, so she did her best to ignore it and keep a sense of comfort about her. She told him it was fine, so she needed to be fine. In fact she needed to be better then fine, she needed to show him she could thrive in it.

Even if she'd never experienced anything like this before, and the closest she had for recognition was Hollywood movies. She supposed the key was pretending like it was in fact normal. Like this was a normal car and the two people in front weren't bodyguards, but overprotective parents chaperoning them. Easy enough.

She nodded her head and smiled at the both of them as he introduced them. She repeated the names in her head a few times knowing she needed to commit them to memory as fast as possible for future reference.

She choose to just ignore the fact that there obviously were more then she would ever see. She choose to think of them as what it must feel like to have the paparazzi on you all the time. To be an A-list celebrity meant at all times someone was probably watching you or trying to. Since that was the goal for her future she might as well get used to it now.

She sat poised as ever, and on her best P's and Q's just like her mother taught her as the vehicle began to move. She glanced out the window as well to see the sights before his voice brought him back to her attention. Small talk was a fine art most people didn't excel at nor wanted to. But sadly it was a necessary demon when first meeting someone and not automatically knowing if you have things in common or not.

All they both knew right now that t hey had in common was that they were both new, and they both went to the same school in the same grade. Which wasn't a whole lot to go off of. No one wants to spend all day talking about school after all. A school neither of them actually went to any classes in yet either.

"Oh really? I'm excited then! I like breakfast style food quite a bit. Kinda feels cozy any time of day if I'm honest." She added honestly. She was the type that could have pancakes at 8pm and be happy. "Do you have a favorite food or type?" She asked curious to start getting to know him a bit more.

While she did like his looks and the royal status was a huge plus for her...it wasn't EVERYTHING despite popular belief (and the belief she pushed on her own image). She did still want her man to be decent and not an idiot or something. She believed herself to be the whole package and she wanted to be around people who she deemed the same. In other words, she wasn't interested long term in a rich himbo.

However the more serious questions to test what kinda person he actually was could wait a bit. Slow and steady wins marathons, and anyone worth pursuing needed to be a marathon not a race.

As they arrived she smiled and thanked Zara for getting the door. She looked at the restaurant and it looked amazing. Not to mention the location was perfect. He at least knew how to find a great date spot. They didn't even go through the front door, they had a stairway that the first bodyguard went up alone before they were set to follow.

She could hear the radio a bit that they were speaking through but she didn't know a single bit of Arabic so she was lost on their words. She just had to trust that they were saying everything was fine.

Putting her trust in complete strangers was new for her, and slightly uncomfortable, but it's not like so far they'd given her a reason not to. In fact so far since the story lines up perfectly in this case she's safer here with them then probably anywhere else in LA.

Seeing his hand stretched out for her brought a light smile to her face as she tried to push all the previous thoughts away. She was here to have some fun above all else right? It's her first weekend in LA, she had a hot and seemingly very sweet date, and they were about to enjoy some great food.

She took his offered hand as an unintended faint rosy blush tinted her cheeks at his final words, "I'll follow your lead." she chimed as she stated up the steps with him in hand.

She didn't need the extra help in balance since she'd been walking and dancing in heels for what felt like ever now. Still the chivalrous touch didn't go unnoticed and she didn't want him to think it was unappreciated. Plus if this were a lower-end type place the stair might be sketchy themselves, and tripping would be hella embarrassing.

They made their way to the top and god was the view breathtaking, and she couldn't hide the awe in her face. The Ocean was right there and the city skyline was something to marvel at. The only other other truly big city she'd visited was New York for a while, but this was different. Struck by the Cities beauty she knew instantly this is where she belonged all along.

"Is this all just for us?" She asked him curiously. It was so spacious she figured at least a few other people would be around.
º º code by ditto º º

Ashton West

She was relentless, and a little part of Ash regretted ever, like, allowing herself to end up alone with the other girl. Like Mikaela was fun and everything and Ash did really like her, but she could feel herself losing ground with every push towards trying to pinpoint Mikaela's exact feelings -- because the other girl kept spinning it back on Ash, and she could feel herself like... like floundering to keep her footing.

But now, Ash was holding the pretty dress out to Mikaela. And like, it was really pretty, but... it wasn't the type of dress Ash would ever wear. Or, like, choose to wear. Like, the thigh slit? The plunging neckline? And like, the exposed back? Like it was all just way too much for her -- Ash's type of dress typically covered a lot more than that, but she still found herself reluctant as Mikaela pulled the dress from her hands.

It would look way better on Mikaela, though. Like she had the type of body that would look absolutely stunning framed in that dress.

There was a soft smile on Ash's face as she clasped her hands in front of her, watching as Mikaela examined the dress. Of course, if Mikaela were going to get it, they'd probably need like... a smaller size. There was no way they were even close to the same size, but she kept that opinion to herself for the time being.

“Well,” Mikaela started as she studied the dress, “if you don’t have a hot date or a hot someone in your life…” she paused to look up at Ash, “let’s start by fixing that shall we? Since I already have a date, you needn’t waste anymore energy on that, so we can fix our focus on you instead.”

HA. BINGO.

So at least it hadn't been a total loss of a, like, hangout with Mikaela. Like, Ash had at least figured out what she'd set out to figure out, which was that Mikaela did have a date. And yeah, the whole fact that she did have a date did kind of put a damper on any of Ash's pride in finally getting the answer out of her -- because that meant that all of this had been nothing, and that Newt still wouldn't have a date.

At least now Ash could stop, like, pushing him into asking her.

"I don't--" Ash started to speak up, but her voice -- soft and kind of easily missed -- didn't seem to catch Mikaela's attention. You know, where Ash would again convince her that she didn't need any kind of help trying to get a hot date or a hot someone in her life, that she was super happy being all alone or whatever.

“Excuse me miss!” Mikaela waved the attendant back over with a smile, “Thank you for helping us get this dress. My friend here will be taking it. It’s perfect.”

As the attendant walked away, Ash's lips parted to speak up, but nothing came out. Instead, she just stared dumbfoundedly after the attendant holding a dress that oh god, she could never wear. Like it was just-- it was like-- it probably didn't even-- fuck, fuck, fuck.

Drunk Ash needed to stop inviting people to things.

“And looks like we have our first dress of the day. We should show it off to the others later. Shall we go find them?”

Mikaela's words drew Ash's attention, and she gave the other girl a soft smile. Right -- Ash had almost forgotten that they were here with others, although the others that Mikaela was referring to happened to be Newt (who, like, she was obviously super happy to have there and stuff), and Kayla, who clearly had some kind of issue with Ash, although she couldn't quite place why. She could just like... feel it.

But luckily, Ash was also supposed to be here with JJ and Maddie, both of whom she hadn't seen in the dress store like... once since she showed up. Which was like, kind of weird or... whatever.

"I actually, I need to umm..." Ash gestured awkwardly behind herself. "You know, like, I need to go and find like... JJ and... yeah, I'll ahh... see you later, okay?" She asked with a bit of an awkward smile, and then she turned to leave.

But as she was going to leave, Mikaela passed her something from her purse. A little piece of, like, candy or something colored pink, and sure, it was a little odd, but Ash offered her a quick thanks before popping the candy in her mouth and heading off. Of course, there wasn't really much flavor which was kind of odd, but she didn't really think much of it as she started to peek around the rest of the store for JJ and Maddie.

---------------------------​

So like, JJ and Maddie weren't even in the store -- and she wasn't really sure where to start looking for them. For a little bit, Ash kind of just... debated between heading back to Mikaela, Newt, and Kayla, or she'd seen Charlie and Amy while poking around and she considered going over to them, but like... Charlie had been angry (and rightfully so) earlier about the whole inviting JJ thing, and Ash already felt a little on edge around Charlie and Amy as it was, and with it just being the three of them, like... there was just too much of a chance of her fucking up.

And then like, they'd tell Trevor or something that she absolutely sucked or whatever, and then like, they'd get into a fight and break up or something along those lines, so she like...

Decided that she might as well just grab the dress and leave.

Plus, Trevor had texted her -- and later? They were planning on seeing each other which was obviously freaking awesome, so really, she probably need to get home or something. Drop off this dumb dress that she wasn't going to wear, and also try and find JJ and Maddie and figure out where they'd wandered off to.

And so, with newly purchased dress draped over her arm and phone in hand, Ash headed out of the dress store. She was planning to send a quick text to Trevor, and then she'd like... text JJ (or rather, Maddie) to see where they'd headed off to, and then she could go find them. Meet up. Apologize or whatever for what had happened earlier on Twitter, and for kind of ditching them for longer than intended.

Her plan had just been to say hi to Newt, then grab him and drag him over to the other two girls. She hadn't... planned for Mikaela, and Kayla, and... like, just... yeah.

Of course, as she sent the text, someone bumped into her. The other girl was already starting to speak, but Ash's own cacophony of "oh my god, I'm so sorry," quickly joined the air as she lifted her gaze from her phone to look at who she'd bumped into, only to see Maggie, and--

Beside her, JJ.

"I'm so, so sorry," Ash started, first addressing Maggie and the whole running into her thing. "I wasn't like, umm... I was just..." she held her phone up, wiggling it in her hand, an apologetic smile on her face before her gaze shifted away from Maggie to look in JJ's direction.

"Oh my god, JJ," she said, a nervous smile growing on her lips. Her heart was starting to pound a little more rapidly in her chest, and she was kind of feeling a little light-headed as she glanced between the two girls, teeth biting into her bottom lip before she noticed the similar bag in JJ's arms.

"Did you find a dress?" She asked, pointing in the direction of the bag. "I bet it's like... really, really pretty. And did umm... did Maddie find hers?"

As she asked, Ash found her free hand reaching up to play with the star pendant on her necklace.

mood
ehhhhh

outfit
idk

playing...
Hate Me (Sometimes)
by Stand Atlantic​

mentions
Trevor, idk some others, man

interactions
Mikaela, JJ, Maggie

tags
Xed Xed Soap Soap Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

º º code by ditto º º

Charlie Howell
@howedoyoudo has set their status to:
okay, maybe this isn't that bad...

@howedoyoudo has set their outfit to:
fuck it

@howedoyoudo has set their location to:
the mall

@howedoyoudo has mentioned:
n/a

@howedoyoudo has interacted with:
Amy

@howedoyoudo has tagged:
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
It came as no surprise to Charlie that Amy knew exactly what to do as soon as the duo stepped foot into the mall, her fingers carefully interlocking with Charlie to pull her along through the automatic doors and into the crowd of shoppers. Charlie knew there was no getting out of this trip, even though she felt the dread and anxiety growing with each resistant footstep. She’d never admit it but there was something about Amy’s determination and the way that she was yanking her along by her hand that was oddly comforting, even if Charlie wanted absolutely nothing more than to go home and crawl back into the safe embrace of her sheets.

As the two trudged through the packed mall hallways, Charlie couldn’t help but notice the eyes that turned and settled on the pair as they walked. Why were they looking? Did they know? Was someone about to take a picture of them together documenting her first public appearance since the downfall began?

Charlie wanted to rip her hand from Amy’s and run for the door. Instead, she tightened her grip.

"Here we are! We'll find something super cute, then celebrate with corndogs or pretzels from the food court." Amy giggled as they pulled to a stop in front of the store. Charlie sighed slightly, a strand of blonde hair blowing away from her cheek in response; dress shopping was never Charlie’s forte, especially not when she wanted to be doing anything but. Regardless of her thoughts, Amy was pulling her into the store without much of a second to object.

Safely inside the store, Amy disappeared within the racks leaving Charlie standing awkwardly at the front. If she was going to bolt, this was the perfect opportunity to do so. Amy was caught up in the dresses and Charlie could just slip away into the crowd of passersby entirely undetected.

"So let's do you first! Have a color or style in mind? We thinking short, long, Starch, or veggie?"

Charlie’s teeth ground together slightly as she let a soft breath fall from her lips. Of course Amy would speak right at that moment.

“Do we have to?” Charlie groaned as she walked over to the rack, fingers dancing along the silver hangers. “I was sorta hoping that you would-” Amy met Charlie’s eyes from the other side of the rack. “Okay fine.”

A few steps away from the rack sat a tall shelf of everything shiny: belts, tiaras (who the hell wears tiaras nowadays?), rings, necklaces. They were pretty enough, glistening under the white synthetic light overhead, but the price tag reflected the beauty. As Charlie turned over the tag, a soft gasp fell from her lips as she dropped the tag and pretended that she wasn’t just looking at a necklace that cost as much as she made in a month.

“Linny and I are going for red.” Charlie finally answered as she walked between the aisles of dresses, cringing at the steep price of each gown on the hangers. “We’re matching and stuff, very cute. He never specified what type of red but knowing him, something vibrant and fun. I kind of want something floor length, kinda simple, nothing too outrageous.”

Charlie’s fingers settled on a gown bag with a black satin dress inside, floor length and simple like she had thought. Pulling it off the rack, Charlie made a pitiful attempt to raise the dress over the racks to show Amy.

“Sorta like this but make it red, ya know?”

º º code by ditto º º

Isabella Dupont
@bellaissima has set their status to:
ignore him, let's get pretty

@bellaissima has set their outfit to:
sweet

@bellaissima has set their location to:
lil cute dress store

@bellaissima has mentioned:
Casey

@bellaissima has interacted with:
Kelli & Ronnie

@bellaissima has tagged:
ditto ditto hery hery
Thankfully, it didn’t take long for Kelli and Ronnie to get themselves together and along with Bella to the bus stop that sat in front of the dorm building. A soft smile sat on Bella’s cheeks as she wrapped one arm around each girl, flinching slightly at the cooling wind on her face.

“So, I did some searching last night. I found this lovely little boutique on the edge of town, they have the most lovely dresses.” Bella chirped as she stepped inside the bus shelter. “I honestly spent far too much time down the formal dress rabbithole, so much that they all started to look the same. That is why I am so happy that I have you girls with me today. I know you guys won’t let me look like a clown on such an amazing night.”

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━​

Although the bus was rather late, the trio of girls stepped down off the bus and in front of a small, rather unassuming building with a wood carved sign pegged into the lawn, reading out Rose Petal Boutique in neat cursive carving.

“Hopefully this place is as nice as it seemed online. We are not far from the mall if it sucks though.” Bella said softly as she made her way up the stairs, holding the door open for Kelli and Ronnie before stepping inside herself.

Stepping into the shop, the store seemed rather empty with the exception of an older lady at the back of the store steaming a tangerine dress on a mannequin. The woman hardly raised her head as the three girls entered, giving them a quick nod before returning to her meticulous work. Bella wasted no time immersing herself amongst the racks, the tips of her fingers dancing along fabric as she twirled between the racks with a giggle.

“Are these not the most beautiful dresses ever?” Bella chimed as she began flipping through the pieces, a few familiar from her online browsing the night before. “Do you think I should go with blue or pink? Personally, I am more of a blue girl, but I do not want to limit my options.”

Turning down another aisle of racks, Bella plucked a purple floor length gown off the rack and made her way over to Ronnie, holding it up in front of her and squinting with a tilted head to try and envision her in the dress. With a shake of her head, Bella returned the dress to the rack neatly and continued her shopping spree, humming along quietly to the soft music playing over the speakers. Within a matter of seconds, Bella had entirely forgotten that she was shopping for herself as well and not just her two friends that had joined her on the trip.

“Are you two going with anyone special to the ball?” Bella eventually asked as she continued her fashion crusade. Instantly, she wished that she hadn’t even asked because she knew the question would come back to her. It was only polite and talking about boys was typical girl talk.

What would she tell them? ‘No, the boy I like is going with someone else entirely’ would be a decent bet, or maybe a ‘No, because I refuse to admit that I like him because he’s got the IQ of a dead ferret’.

The latter, definitely the latter. That totally wouldn’t give it away at all.

Bella sighed, looking at the time on her phone. Right, she had to get this over with before she had to meet Casey to go suit shopping. Honestly, Bella wasn’t even entirely sure why she was still going. Casey wanted someone else and Bella barely wanted to admit that the concept was enough to make her jealous. Bella wasn’t even an option to him and realistically, Casey wasn’t an option for her either so it really should not have been that big of a deal.

But it absolutely was a big deal. Stupid fucking Casey. Stupid fucking ball.

“Here,” Bella spoke suddenly as she pulled a dress off the rack and held it up to Kelli’s chest, “this is absolutely your colour. You should go try it on, yes? Give us a fashion show.” Bella smiled as she grabbed another dress for Ronnie. “You too, beautiful.”

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: da jitters

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
Cami
INT:
Soap Soap (Chanel)
Winona Winona (Casey)
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter (Lydia)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Chas Marino
"Your usage of a tacky name such as 'Chastian' comes off as unflattering for you, Chanel," Chas quipped without a single glance away from his phone, "I thought better of you than to peruse Jason West's Instagram account long enough to find that lazily-constructed moniker." He wasn't going to lie; he thought better of himself than to feign some grand superiority to the Clairmont he respected most. Respect, of course, did not inherently beget admiration, which made all the more sense with the knowledge that admiration to Chas was a signal to begin resenting those with more success.

And Chas didn't want to resent the Clairmonts, even when faced with the harsh reality of Chanel's marginally greater, marginally more active follower count. "Now, Casey, get in." Quickly, he snapped a photo, then another, stopping only once Casey's stooped stature didn't make Chas look like a gnome dressed in a five thousand-dollar suit.

Deeming the final photo worthy, he uploaded it to his story and pasted the paragraph of information his mother's agent had spammed him with. Every one of these T.V. showings made him feel more and more like a parrot squawking out over-the-top promotional blather, but it was a nice escape from being the miniature ferret the kids at school labeled him as.

Dropping his smile and slipping his phone into his pocket, the boy with perfectly-coifed hair cross-armedly shot a look at the two girls waiting for them. "Just me and Casey this time. Mom's orders." He cracked a smarmy grin and winked at Chanel. "You'll get your turn." He then cast a sideways glance at Lydia, who didn't really belong there, but he wasn't going to overtly say so. The Cami selfie was more of an optional thing, anyway.

Rather suddenly, Casey wrapped an arm around Chas, and it took almost everything in him not to be visibly startled. Maintaining a sour, cross-armed stance, he started into the building's east entryway, which linked the studio to the exclusive parking garage. That's right; Chas got to park his car in the exclusive area, brandishing an electronic pass to a machine and all.

"Definitely remember everything we talked 'bout," Casey said, giving a sure nod of his head as they walked. "I get a real nifty lil keychain, maybe even two so I can wear 'em as earrings, right? Oh! Or three 'cause then I can have a real cool keychain like you got."

"There's another keychain in it for you if you shu-uuut..." The suit-clad teenager faltered at the sight of a ghastly presence ahead, stalking right in their very direction. He paled, his amber eyes darting left and right between the stage and makeup crew mobbed around the woman. A man wiggled a clipboard in his clammy hands, flipping through pages and frantically relaying inaudible information as though on a strict timer... which he probably was on.

The woman jerked a hand out, forcefully lowering the clipboard and halting the man in his tracks.
"Everything you just said? Relay it to Ben," she snapped, her cold voice slicing through the noise-filled air. All that remained was the echo of heels striking the tiled floor. "And next time, more concise. We're only four minutes ahead of schedule."

The trembling assistant wasted no time clearing out, speaking in a hushed whisper on a dinky, ill-fitting headset. Perhaps the guy before him had a bigger head? Employees didn't seem to last long around this studio; that was one thing Chas could be sure of in his extended absence from the show. Regardless of his plight, the assistant managed to muster up enough of his wit to gather the rest of the crew surrounding the woman and disappear down the hall. It seemed to stretch forever, no end in sight despite the array of doors and the harsh, hospital-esque lights above.

Chas bit his lip and perked up as the woman drew nearer. He should have been used to it by now, but nonetheless his body froze up at the sight of his mother. The life drained from his eyes faster than the color drained from his cheeks, eliciting an exasperated sigh from the woman.
"Look alive, Charles. Your guilty conscience is all too visible," she drawled with a tone so sure of itself Chas couldn't even form the thought to question it. She was right, after all; he couldn't hide anything from his mother, at least not like he could with his father, siblings, and the rest of the world.

"Yeah..." he mumbled defeatedly, his eyes darting to the floor following a sheepish nod. With a smirk, his mother (who, by the way, beat him in height due to her heels) gently grasped his chin between her thumb and index finger.

"Good. Now..." The woman's knife-sharp gaze floated over to the three guests beside Chas. An inviting smile creeped onto her maquillaged face, smothering the three with a beam of warm cordiality that demanded a smile back. Her attention focused on the incomplete pair of triplets first. "Oh, how you've grown since the last I saw you! Such a shame we don't get the pleasure of having sweet Camille up there with us today." Though her body radiated an aura of fire and ice, the warmth in her appearance dominated and enveloped the area around them as she went in for cheek kisses.

"She's not really sick, is she?" she joked, her icy stare cutting holes in the teenagers' heads. The notion was quickly tossed aside by a laugh as she continued. "Chanel, your choice of fashion never fails to outdo even my own, doesn't it? I miss being young and beautiful, having just about anything look good on me... ugh!"

The spindly woman tossed her hair to the side, then turned her attention to Casey. "I also miss the romance. How many girls do you have to turn down every day? Oh, how tragic!" She ruffled the boy's messy, blonde hair, fondly reminiscing upon the pair of kids when they still wore little bows and silly graphic tees.

Her eyes moved right past Chas and directly onto Lydia. The former boy's gaze instinctively fell to the floor again. She gave the young girl a rapid up-and-down, sizing her up.
"Lydia... Miss Fox. We're so pleased to have you here on such short notice. I know these three have done this televised interview runaround to death, but I'm positive you'll manage just as well. Especially if you're your fathers' daughter, after all." She winked. "I know all about you, yet I don't recall if we've ever met. Regardless, I'm Claudia and it's a pleasure to meet you. How's Peter? And Carter? Are they still..."

Ah, right. "Anyhow, the production crew will have a few stylists coming your way. You're free to this room right here..." Leading the quartet a little further down the hall, she opened a door to a sizeable room adorned with various mirrors, tables, and couches at the teens' disposal. "We're only two minutes ahead now, so I need to get going, but feel free to relax and get ready before we're on. And let's look forward to the big announcement..." Casting one last serious glance at Chas, she herded the teens inside and shut the door, the sound of her echoed footsteps slowly disappearing down the hall.

"Ciao!" a voice faintly echoed from beyond the door, signaling a clear coast. He could have sworn in that brief moment of eye contact, his heart stopped permanently, but nonetheless Chas released a breath and allowed the light to return to his eyes.

"So, to reiterate the game plan: nobody go off-script, because if I'm going down, I'll sure as hell take you all with me. I hope this was enough time for you to get everything memorized, Lydia, because they're not going easy on late, unprepared stand-ins." He tightened his still-shaky fists, then sat himself in front of the largest vanity they had. "That being said, I appreciate you all coming, blah blah... you get the point."

code by valen t.

• how she's feeling...

nervous but excited???

Camille Clairmont

dancing queen ~ 17 ~ junior

Okay, so, Camille hadn't exactly been honest with her sister about the reason she was skipping the whole TV interview thing. It was just a little bitty lie about being sick though, so did it really count? That was totally a normal teenager thing and she was trying to be one of those so like??? Besides, she only lied because she knew that if she told Chanel why she was really ditching then she would’ve dragged her along anyway and there was no way she wanted to be around her evil-pyro-freak of a brother right now.

In fact, if you asked her, this was all really his fault. He just had to annoy her the morning before the interview by setting more of her stuff on fire, didn't he? The only way she knew to get back at him at the moment was to ruin his little interview by refusing to go. Clearly, that backfired because now Nellie knew she'd lied and Casey was happier with Lydia being there than her which was so annoying because obviously he should be all sad right now and missing her. Stupid Casey.

Honestly, she knew that Chanel was mostly just angry because Casey had roped Lydia in to take Cami's place and well, obviously she didn't want to be around the red-headed witch. Who did? The girl was practically a she-devil in disguise. Look, Cami was far far from being a mean girl or hateful in any way but when it came to Lydia. Let's just say they had history and now they despised each other. In fact, the only sibling who hadn't gotten the "Lydia sucks" memo was Casey but it was 99% because he was infatuated with the girl. Ugh.

Cami honestly felt bad for leaving Chanel to endure Chas and Lydia on her own but Nellie would totally get over it though... Right? They were sisters and you automatically had to forgive siblings for little white lies and stuff. It was in the non-existent-but-totally-binding handbook. Wait, that would mean she had to forgive Casey soon too. Ugh. This whole triplet thing was soooo tiring sometimes.

At least the morning had made way for one good thing to happen because Cami had gotten asked to the dance! Yes, her first school dance ever and she had a date! Though, she couldn't tell if it was more of a friend date or an "i like you kinda sorta" date. Hopefully, it wasn't a pity the new girl thing but either way, she was too nervous to ask.

I know what you're thinking...why would Camille Clairmont, the girl from a famous family who had been in the spotlight practically since she was conceived be the anxious or shy type? Fair point. Usually, she wasn't the type to get all worked up. Like she rarely got stage fright or nerves before a show or interview and even when she did Chanel usually gave her a "pep talk", if you could classify it as such, she got over it really quick.

This was different though, this wasn't going on tv and being asked very intrusive questions that you had to try and dodge professionally. Okay, sure, maybe that sounded a lot harder but crushes, boys and girls, they were much more nerve-wracking if you asked her.

For one, Cami had never been on a real date and anyone she ever had a crush on, well, they didn't know. Mostly because she didn't tell them but it was better that way. They were always on the move and it would've been pointless to even try so she didn't really. The one time she did reveal her crush on someone it sorta didn't go well so there was that too...

Not that she had a crush on Eli because that was totally crazy. Sure, he was funny and sweet and had been a lot of fun to hang out with. Plus, he was insanely talented and really seemed to love dance as much as she did but--

Wait, where was this going?

Oh yeah, she wasn't nervous because she was crushing on Eli or because he had asked her to the dance or anything. Duh. She was just, nervous because...whatever. He was Elias Johannes. People knew him (and yes, she was aware people knew her too but still). His sister was kinda scary too so there was that. Like, what if Cami made a mistake and Gen completely bit her head off? She liked her head, okay?

And that's totally all it was about. She wasn't all heart eyes over the first nice boy she met at school. (So cool it, Nellie)

The sound of the doorbell caused her to jump a little, pulling her from her thoughts. Her icy blue eyes glanced into the mirror of the vanity she'd been sitting at, one more look over to be sure she looked extra cute. FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

"Coming!" she called out as if she could be heard all the way on the other side of the house and through a wooden door. As she reached the front room, her perfectly manicured hand reached for the knob and she took in a deep breath before pulling it open to see Eli standing there in front of her.

“I, uh, Cami, uh…you look, um, lovely. Really lovely.”

Her eyes lit up at the words and she let a soft smile plant itself on her face but inside there were butterflies doing circles in her stomach. "Oh, uh, thank you. You do too... I mean, I like your jacket," she attempted to return the compliment. Her eyes moved from his down to the bouquet in his hands when he held it out to her.

OH NO. DON'T BLUSH. DON'T BLUSH. DON'T BLUSH.

Too late. As she reached out to take them, her fingers gently brushed against his which sent a jolt of electricity through her. It was like she could practically feel her cheeks heating up. "Wow, no one has ever gotten me flowers before. Unless you count my parents after dance recitals and stuff...but you know," she stopped when she realized how lame that sounded. "Uh, thank you. These are beautiful," she added. She was sure the pink color that had already graced her cheeks had now deepened to a red. How embarrassing.

"Let me just... I'm gonna put these in water really quick. Wait here?" she asked softly, letting him inside the entrance before she walked off towards the kitchen. "Way to look like a loser, Cami," she mumbled to herself once she was out of earshot. Hopefully, he wouldn't notice the stupid triplet picture from their seventh birthday party that Casey had insisted they hang in the entrance area and they could get out without her embarrassing herself any further.

About five or six minutes later she had made her way back to where she'd left Eli and motioned to the door. "Okay, so I've shopped in LA before but never for a school dance. Guess I just better hope my tour guide knows all the best places?" she smiled as they walked outside and towards his car.

♡coded by uxie♡

Maeve was on cloud nine, everything couldn't be better for her right now. The Arts Festival was a success and a couple of days later she managed to get a call for a ballet audition, which she couldn't be more excited about it; even if she didn't manage to get in, it was at least a stepping stone in her career as a dancer. But it would be really good if she got accepted after all boosting her confidence wasn't bad at all, but she was going to take it one step at a time and won't obsess over it if it was meant to be it would happen no matter the circumstances and if not, well, it wasn't the end of the world and new opportunities would come sooner than later.

And to add to the list of good things she was asked to the ball by no other than Felix, the guy she was not totally crushing about because they were friends, and they were just going as friends but a girl could dream, and still get excited and have the butterflies in he stomach go crazy, but first she needed a dress and that was the main reason she ended up in the mall trying to find the perfect dress without any success; maybe she should have asked someone to come with her otherwise she wouldn't be struggling so much on thinking if the dress looked good on her or no.

But in an ocean full of dresses it was kind of difficult to know where to start. With so many styles, lengths, colors, and fabrics Maeve almost felt suffocated at the number of options that she had to choose from. Then a voice started calling which Maeve didn't put too much attention as she thought that the person was calling one of the clerks, it wasn't until a cough was heard that Maeve finally turned to see what was going on and that's when she noticed Tori, not because they were exactly the closest but she has heard that she was quite talented, but Maeve couldn't understand why she was talking to her as Tori was just giving her an awkward smile.

It took her a moment to realize what was going on until she noticed the look of despair in Tori's face and the unzip dress "Oh hi... yes I'll help you with that" she said as she walked towards the girl and start helping the girl
"It seems the zipper is a little bit tricky, but it's up!"
She said with a smile
"That dress looks really good on you. I don't know what you are looking for but I do think that one really suits you"
she added.

"I'll go back to look some dresses so if you need help again I might be around for a while"

Outift: Here | Interactions: Tori ( ditto ditto )
Maeve Anneliese Ackerman

Code by Stardust Galaxy

felix rian emmerson

Kian blinked at Felix, and Felix blinked back, of course. See, as a professional in the field of gettin’ people to do what he wanted them to do, Felix knew that, really, ya just had to hold your ground when someone was looking at you in disbelief. Like, Damn straight I said that — now, are you in? Then eventually, they’d understand that you were bein’ real with your suggestion — and that they should join you.

“I dunno,” Kian sighed. He reached up and rubbed the back of his neck. “Sounds fun and all but they’re usually expensive and I only brought enough cash for the game…”

Felix shrugged, givin’ a dismissive flick of his wrist. Expensive, schmexpensive. Had that ever stopped them from doin’ something before? He looked longingly toward the golf carts. Oh, the amount of shit that they could get up to in those things was unimaginable…a little bit of pocket change was very little compared to those ideas runnin’ through his head. ‘course, there was another option, aside from payin'...

With a small smirk, he looked toward Kian, inclinin’ his head toward the golf carts. “Well…? Whaddoya say…?”

There was a moment of pause, and then Kian sighed. Felix gave a small chuckle and began to follow Kian as he began to walk away.

“Alright,” Kian said, “so here’s the plan.”

So Kian was way in. Hell yeah. “Lay it on me,” Felix chuckled eagerly, grinnin’ widely and tryin’ to keep his voice down.

“You, Mr. Smooth-Talker, are gonna charm that worker girl, distract her out from that stand.”

Felix looked in the direction of the girl. She was probably around his age, and probably only workin’ here for the weekend. Easy enough to work his, uh, charmin’ on, ya know. He looked back at Kian, givin’ a nod and cocking his head slightly. “And what’re you gettin’ up to here?”

“I’ll grab one of the rental slips that are already filled out and roll up like I’m meeting you to rent the golf cart,” Kian explained, “which will, of course, already be paid for.”

Felix snickered. “Smart,” he said.

Wasn’t really all that smart, but he had to keep Kian’s confidence up if he wanted anything good to happen today, y’know? Plus, ya know, friends encouragin’ friends was a really heartwarmin’ thing, right?

“You ready?” Kian asked.

Felix nodded, grinnin’. “Born ready.” He turned his back and rested it against Kian’s. He drew in a deep breath. This was a role, and Felix was an actor. The goal of the scene was to pull on the heart-strings, provide a distraction, and nab some keys for whatever completely legal activity they were going to do. Easy enough. Wasn’t really a role that he had to practice hard for, ya know. Not something that took a lot of focus to jump into.

“Count of three,” he said. “One…two…three.

On three, he began to walk away, his posture suddenly droopin’ into casualness. His gait was nothing noteworthy, his expression curious as his eyes scanned the area, and he raised his eyebrows slightly as he “spotted” the desk.

He gave a grin and a nod to the girl as he approached. “Howdy,” he said. He tried to pretend not to see Kian as the boy entered his periphery.

She gave him a pleasant smile. “Hello, sir. Do you have a reservation today?”

He chuckled. “Pardon?” He craned his neck slightly. “Sorry. I’m not hard of hearin’. I was just a little bit distracted.”

She maintained her smile, clearing her throat. “Do you have a reservation today?”

“A reservation…?” His brows knitted together. “For the…?”

“For the golf carts, mmhm.”

He chuckled. “Ah, yes, of course I do.”

She began to turn to grab something from the counter behind her, and Felix quickly inhaled and called, “Wait a moment, though.”

She stopped, and she turned to him, a confused look on her face. She stared at Felix for a moment. “Is everything alright, sir?” she asked.

“I…” He exhaled, and then chuckled, running a hand through his hair. “I’m sorry, I just think you look a little bit familiar. I mean, it’s not every day that you see eyes like yours, ya know.” He spared a glance to Kian, swallowing hard, and his eyes flicked back to her. The grin came back onto his face. “I was just thinkin’ that maybe I met you at a shoot or somethin’.”

“A…shoot?” She looked more confused than flattered.

“Oh yeah.” Felix chuckled. “I’m an actor. I was thinking I may know you from something. Or perhaps you know me from something.” He raised an eyebrow. “Felix Emmerson?” He held out his hand, givin’ his most charming smile. “At your service.”

She blinked at him. “Is that the name that the reservation is in, sir?” She started to turn again.

“Ah!” He held out a hand, and she looked at him even more confusedly once more. He let the hand sink, and then he chuckled. “I, ah…I…use…aliases…” He glanced at Kian, and then back at her, laughing. “You see, someone as famous as I am can’t really afford to use my real name all the time. I've got to keep it real. Hannah Montana-type —”

"Sir, please.” She pursed her lips.

“Ma’am?”

She blinked.

“Pardon?” He gave her a smile. "What was that?"

She sighed, and he heard her mutter, “Are you kidding me?” She began to turn once more.

“Please,” Felix said.

What?” As she turned back, her voice was obviously annoyed. “Sir, I have a lot to do. If you’re not going to give me any straight answers —“

mood
fun fun fun

outfit
something casual

playing...
take a slice
by glass animals​

mentions
n/a

interactions
kian

tags
geminiy geminiy

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Alejandra Cortez
"I can't focus on what needs to be done.”

@Realex has set their status to:
Not soliciting a hooker, move along.

@Realex has set their outfit to:
Something casual minus the glasses.

@Realex has interacted with:
Simone

@Realex has mentioned:
N/A

@Realex has tagged:
@Wayward Son

Alex fought the blush that rose to her cheeks from Simone’s compliment. Shaking her head and averting her gaze from the smaller girl with a smile. So, yeah, she acknowledged her compliment but that didn’t mean she was going to acknowledge the flustered mess she probably became in five seconds.

Simone chuckled, “There is no plan. I mean, there was a plan, but it wasn’t any good so I threw it out. We go into the bar with our obviously-at-least-21-years-old heads, act like we belong, and have some fun!”

Okay, fun.

Alex can do fun.

Simone took a hold of her hand and dragged her out of the alleyway.

“And if all else fails, just do what I do!”

“Uh huh. And why do I feel like that’s a bad idea?” Her words were said playfully, but there was a slight truth behind them. After all, Simone was not known for her nights in. As they approached the building, Alex grew nervous.

Her gaze lingered on their intertwined hands and that feeling only worsened. She pulled her hand away to tuck her hair behind her ear.

Yeah, she could’ve done that with the other hand but… This was… a good excuse.

Speaking of excuses.

What would she tell her mother if she got arrested? Would she be able to sweet talk a cop to let her use the phone? Was she overthinking?

Absolutely.

Alex swung the door to the bar open, gesturing for Simone to enter with an uneasy smile.

There were quite a few people in here, despite it being a little ways away from the evening. Some were here to be social, some were day-drinking, some watching college games on the television and she grimaced at the sight of someone cheering on NC State.

Alejandra swayed on her feet awkwardly, taking a deep breath in-- she knew she couldn’t just stand around.

She had to… look like she belonged here. Okay, they probably didn’t care that much or else she would’ve been carded at the door. She probably couldn’t walk up and order a shirley temple either.

Well, she could’ve but…

That would’ve defeated the purpose of coming to a bar in the first place.

Okay, so....

Next dilemma.

What to order?

She could leave it up to Simone, seeing as though she knows more about alcohol and Alex just grabs whatever solo cup is offered.

Or, Alex can just order something completely unnecessary and allow herself to look completely inexperienced and idiotic.

She didn’t weigh these options before heading to the bar.

The bartender ignored two men completely, who’d been waiting there for quite a while it seemed by their defeated faces and moved to wait on some bachelorette party.

The slightly older man eyed Simone and Alex curiously, one in a disheveled dress shirt and slacks whereas his friend, looking prim and proper as ever, clearly didn’t care too much until he was nudged into the direction of them both.

He didn’t fit in here.

Almost looked like he was a germaphobe, if she was being honest.

And… he was looking at her.

Great.

Just great.

“Maybe we should just go,” She said towards Simone, gesturing with her eyes towards the harmless men across from them. Even if they left, there was bound to be another bar with another duo looking for fun company.

Company that has breasts, that is.
“We’re probably not even--”

Two shots of… something was placed in front of them.

It was clear liquor, so she assumed it was either tequila or vodka.

The bartender gestured towards the two men, wiping her hands with a rag before running off to the next customer.

ID wasn’t even checked.

They didn’t care, she assumed because it was paid for by someone clearly over the age of 21, they had no reason to ask.

“Okay… If we take these, it’s an invitation for them to come over, you know.”

Alex barely finished her sentence as Simone already downed her shot. “I—“ She gave Simone a pointed look, and before she could say anything more. The two men appeared beside them. The disinterested one was suddenly all too-interested with a curious glint in his eye.

The other, his gaze traveled over Simone and as much as Alex could see it from his point of view, she couldn’t blame him for trying to shoot his shot— But she didn’t like it at all.

“Hey!”

Alex didn’t say anything, mustering up a small wave to give to the guy while her gaze was trained onto the one with his sight set on Simone.

“Uh… I’m Eric. That’s Steve.”

She would’ve went with a James. He looks like a James.

“You guys are—“ Steve started, almost stammering over his words.

“Are you guys models?” Eric joked, clearly not expecting Alex’s answer.

“Yeah.”

“Oh. That’s… pretty cool.” Steve apparently couldn’t get more than a few words out before Eric took over.

“Alright, alright. I’m gonna guess names.” He held his hands out, parading a cool guy act. The least he could’ve done is tucked in his shirt like Steve over here.

“Amy? And… Ramona.”

Ramona?

Why did she get Ramona?

“Well? Did I nail it?”

Not even close, pal.
º º code by ditto º º

Nathan Woods

He was feeling great.

Turns out that all of that built up tolerance and shit from forever the fuck ago? It had still been there, so even now, after doing... probably too much shit in too short of a time frame, Nate felt... good. Like he'd expected it to kind of hit him a little fucking harder, but Nate was still keeping his senses about him.

At least a shit ton better than Mike -- and letting the fucked up dude drive had been a shitty idea. It was miracle that the trio of boys had actually made it to the fucking park in one piece, and now, Mike was stumbling his way through the park, and Nate was trailing after him with Lucky with a dopey ass smile on his face.

Near the front of the park were the families and shit, and if he'd been a touch more sober, Nate probably would've cared a bit more about the parents staring at the three drunk teenagers as they beckoned their children closer and waited for them to make their way out. But right now? Well...

The mixture of alcohol, popped pills, and the drugs they'd snorted in the car before coming out here was all way too fucking much, even for the experienced boy, to give a fuck.

Eventually, everything thinned out, and soon it was just the three of them in the green grass of the park. Mike fell heavily to the ground, and for a moment, Nate stood by him, swaying.

“Come on down, boys,” Mike beckoned, “the water’s fine.”

With what Nate thought was more elegance than Mike had (but honestly wasn't), Nate collapsed to the ground beside his new best friend. As he did so, he kind of lost his balance and bumped into Mike's shoulder. "Shit, sorry," he mumbled, his words slurring together a bit as he leaned away from Mike and reached out a hand to pat at his shoulder, but Nate ultimately lost his balance and fell heavily to his other side, leaned on his elbow, rum spilling out onto the ground.

Fuck.

He didn't try to right himself, though.

“Hey, cheers." Mike said. "Bottoms up, Balls and babro. Here’s to getting shit-faced in a family-friendly park, ‘uh?”

Nate wasted no time in bringing the bottle up to his lips and chugging down more of the rum before he clumsily let the bottle fall back to the grass, his hand still clenching its neck.

"Hey, Nathan," Mike said, and Nate's dark eyes lazily moved over to his friend. "You got anymore of that shit you gave me back at your place? Shit's fucking great. Or hell, literally fucking anything. Just hit me with a hit of something. Make me feel like a sexy disembodied soul, you feel me?" His grin broadened. "Or like a hot ass butterfly."

"Uhh..." Nate mumbled and with his free, non-supporting hand, fumbled to reach into his pocket. But he kind of had to stretch to reach into the pants pocket, and he ended up losing his balance, anyway, and he let go of the rum bottle as he fell heavily back on his back. For a moment, Nate's gaze just stared straight up into the sky, the breath caught in his lungs, and it almost felt like he was back home in Kansas.

Not that he missed that place.

His fumbling, heavy fingers managed to pull everything from his pocket and he brought it up so he could squint at the items in his hand. Wallet... which fell to the grass beside him... keys... ope, fuck, there went those, too, and uhh... oh shit, there they were, the pills. He struggled to open the bag, managing to drop a couple onto his face, which he grabbed with heavy fingers and dropped into his own mouth, swallowing, before he closed the baggie up to the best of his ability and tossed them roughly in Mike's direction.

"Take 'em," he mumbled, "give some to ahh... to uhh..." Nate gestured in the direction of wherever the fuck he thought might be. "The DuDick dude."

mood
ffeeelingg gooood

outfit
clothes

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Mike, Lucky

tags
ditto ditto gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

º º code by ditto º º

Spencer Gray

The shower had contributed to Spencer turning up late, and he had been turned around trying to locate the fountain, but part of the reason why he had been turned around trying to locate the fountain was because he had been distracted by Stella, Zeph's girlfriend.

Why had he been distracted? Because of a message she had sent him out of the blue asking if he had a date to the winter ball and if he would be willing to take anyone to the ball. It had thrown him for a loop really, especially when she started pressing him about taking someone to the ball as a friend. He had ended up telling her that he would be fine with doing that but... truth be told? It was a bald faced lie.

He wasn't exactly fine with it, even if he had told Stella otherwise. It was just... things were complicated, friend dates could get complicated, and he wanted to keep a distance from all that. He was here to study, to dance, not get entangled in a relationship or relationship drama. And he just... a relationship with him wouldn't end well... his last one could attest to that...

Anyway he needed to push that out of his mind because he was now standing in front of Beth and about to begin their tour of LA. Luckily for him, Beth made it easy to shift the focus of his mind as she began by excusing his tardiness.

“Don’t worry – I was running late, too,” A grateful smile crossed his lips in response.

He was pretty sure she had ended up waiting a while for him regardless, but it was nice to not only hear those kind words but to see her radiate an energy that matched the sentiment of those words, that she really wasn’t bothered by his being late. It gave him a sense of relief, that at least he hadn’t managed to ruin things again.

Plus the story she was making up? About Tori needing help shaving her mustache? After hearing that, he was pretty certain that she had been waiting a long time and was just making up a story for his sake so he didn't feel bad. It was cute and funny, and he failed to conceal a little chuckle as she relayed the story. He didn’t say anything to expose how that made zero sense of course. There was no reason to embarrass her like that and it was kind of adorable to see.

So when she just changed up the topic of conversation, Spencer didn’t interject, simply standing and smiling as he listened to her speak.

“So I hope you’re ready to walk a lot, because our first stop,” he followed her as she led the way away from the park, keeping half a step behind her, “is somewhere that we’re basically just going to walk all over. First stop is—” she cut off mid-sentence and Spencer glanced at her when the rest of it didn’t come.

He could almost see the gears turning in her head as she smiled to herself and sure enough, as he had suspected, she told him to guess where they were going.

Something to do with stars. He let the words roll around in his head for a few paces, eyes looking up at the sky as he thought about the possibilities. They were going to walk over there – no actually, her specific words had been, ‘walk all over’.

They were going to walk all over this place and it had to do with stars. Once Spencer pieced the two hints together, it clicked right away and a knowing smile crept onto his lips.

“Stars huh?” He repeatedly thoughtfully, “Well I mean we are in the city of stars so… the Hollywood sign?” he knew that wasn’t it of course but well it didn’t hurt to pretend like he wasn’t entirely sure or build up to the real answer.

“Or perhaps… the ever famous walk of fame?” He smiled down at her as he spoke, keeping his hands where they had been since earlier, tucked away in his pockets. It was a game after all and well, this was his attempt at adding to the fun, trying to feed into her energy. Hopefully he wasn’t doing too terrible a job of it.

That aside, it would be cool to see the walk of fame and snap a few pictures for Nat to see, hopefully put a real smile on his little sister’s face.

mood
it's a nice day

outfit
clothes

playing...
WONDER

by Shawn Mendes​

mentions
Stella

interactions

Beth

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

kellian phelan

You know how Kelli, uh, talked a lot about being nervous at the Arts Fest, and when she did that performance for Dei that one time? You know, uh, not pee-your-pants nervous, but kinda, uh, “I can’t sit still or move or really anything because my stomach feels like it’s going to jiggle out of my body” nervous? Yeah, uhm…so…to be entirely honest…Kelli was kind of more nervous to do this than either of those things.

Well, okay, so maybe that wasn’t the right way to put it. It was just, like…this was a different kind of nervous, you know. She was super excited to hang out with her friends and stuff. Like, she was excited to go hang out with friends who wouldn’t make her just hold their purses while they went and did the fun stuff. But also, uhm…yeah, well…clothes-shopping…or really anything that involved too much appraisal of her looks…yeah, that made her really…

No, no, it was silly. It was just silly. It wasn’t anything important. Don’t worry about her. It kind of made her feel a little bit nauseous, but she was sure she could handle it.

There was a steady drumming in her stomach and a ball of tension in her chest — but a good kind, she told herself. They weren’t going to judge her, so she wasn’t nervous about that, no, no, no…it had to be excitement.

She’d had the bus ride here to wind herself up over this.

Rose Petal Boutique,” Kelli read beneath her breath as she followed Bella into the store. A small smile played at her lips, with twinging corners and a slight tremble. That’s a cute name, she tried to focus on.

“Hopefully this place is as nice as it seemed online,” Bella said as they made their way upstairs. “We are not far from the mall if it sucks though.”

“It looks cute!” Kelli piped, perhaps a bit too energetically, and she gave Bella a wide smile and a “thanks!” as she opened the door for her and Ronnie.

She stepped into the doorway, but she hesitated to move any further. Her eyes went wide with wonder, her posture frozen. “Woah…,” she gasped beneath her breath.

She’d never seen so many dresses in her life. Racks of glittering gowns spanned as far as the eye could see (well, not literally, because she could see the walls, which were also covered in dresses, but). There was a case of accessories beside a glass desk toward the center of the shop, and in the back corner was an older woman steaming a dress on a mannequin. The store seemed so large, and so fancy, and so…like something out of a teen movie. Out of a dream or something.

Immediately, she felt her chest give another tremble. It was another moment that she was reminded — she really didn’t belong here.

She shook her head, swallowing her thoughts as she swallowed the lump in her throat. Negative thinking wasn’t going to ruin her day — that wasn’t what was about to happen. If not for her sake, for her friends’ sakes; she wasn’t going to make their times miserable today.

Breathing in a deep breath, Kelli gave a glance and a smile to Ronnie, then looked over to see Bella giggling and twirling through the racks of dresses. Kelli was taken aback for a moment, then she had to giggle, too.

“Are these not the most beautiful dresses ever?” the girl asked.

Kelli approached her. “They’re so pretty!” she agreed, reaching out to touch a bright yellow one but hesitating. She didn’t even feel like she should touch them.

“Do you think I should go with blue or pink?” Bella asked. “Personally, I am more of a blue girl, but I do not want to limit my options.”

“I’d ask Ronnie,” Kelli laughed softly as her eyes followed Bella down another aisle. “She’s the fashion expert here.”

Bella pulled a purple gown from the rack, and Kelli looked back to the dresses as Bella walked to Ronnie. “Hm…,” she hummed to herself, her brows knitting. She pressed her lips together, trying to stifle the inexplicable trembling in her fingers.

Was that lady over there staring at her? She snuck a glance at the woman in the back, only to see her continuing her steaming. Kelli breathed out a small sigh, though that didn’t help to alleviate the tension in her chest, and she looked at the rack.

She kind of felt sick, but it was nothing.

Sloooowly, she reached out to touch the yellow dress from before. When her fingers graced the beading, she felt her pulse kick up a little. Carefully, the clumsy girl pulled the dress from the rack, holding it by its sides to get a good view of the beadwork.

“Woaaah,” she whispered to herself, awestruck. Whoever made this must have spent forever on the bodice — it was so freaking gorgeous. The pattern was intricate and very obviously very meticulously done.

“Are you two going with anyone special to the ball?”

Kelli looked toward Bella curiously, dropping the dress. “Huhm…?” she asked, not sure that she’d caught what Bella had said, and then her question registered. She gasped softly. “Oh, uh…!”

Was she?

“Uhm…hmm…”

Well, you see…the funny thing was that…

Well, so she and Angel — Cervantes, Angel Cervantes — had kinda said, like, “Yeah, we’ll go the ball together!” when they were talking once this past week, but she couldn’t…uhm…did that count? Was he serious?

That’d been the end of the conversation…so she wasn’t exactly sure.

“Y’know, that’s a good question,” Kelli laughed. “Maybe? I’m pretty sure that —“ She pressed her lips together, her brows knitting in thought. “Hmm…” She breathed in a long breath, mulling over the details of their agreement in her head before concluding, “I’ll have to check.” She gave Bella an apologetic smile. “But yeah, I think!” she said — because, you know, she felt bad for not giving a sure answer.

She looked over at Ronnie for her answer, giving her a curious smile. “Ronnie?” And then, of course, “Bella? Either of you?”

Bella sighed, looked at her phone, and then walked over to Kelli. “Here,” she said, abruptly holding out a dress to Kelli, “this is absolutely your color.”

Kelli’s chest gave a slight throb at the sudden reminder of where she was, what she was doing, and what decision she would have to make. She smiled. “Uhm…”

“You should go try it on, yes?” Bella asked. “Give us a fashion show.”

She swallowed hard. She could feel her face growing pale. She gave a slight laugh. “Uhm…where are the dressing rooms?”

Bella held out a dress to Ronnie, giving her the same instructions, and Kelli looked, almost desperately, to her friend, giving her a supportive smile. “Okay, uhm…so we get our shots at being models,” she joked lightly as she started to walk away, “but uhm…where exactly are the, uh —“

She spotted them before the question left her lips, and she gasped: “Dressing rooms, yes!”

Act excited to cover up your whatever the heck is happening! That was…

Yeah, great idea!

She stopped at the changing rooms, and she grabbed a number and carried it inside the changing room along with the dress. As she slid the lock on the door, she glanced at the dress that she’d hung on the hook.

It was another beautiful dress; pink with beads dotting it. She reached out carefully to touch it, and she breathed in shakily at the feeling of the material.

Alone in the room, she could feel her whatever even more pointedly than she could out there. The dress was gorgeous, but…it probably wouldn’t look good on her. It was kind of short, and she was kind of tall, and her knees looked like old lady knees. Plus, she hadn’t shaved, so they were going to be staring at her hairy legs. Ronnie and Bella were too nice to judge her aloud, but she knew that they were going to be thinking —

Stop.

She squeezed her eyes shut, and she drew in a deeeeep, slow breath.

They were her friends. She squeezed her hands into fists at her side, and then uncalled them. They were her friends…they were her friends.

She opened her eyes. The ball in her chest was still tight, but she knew that if she didn’t move now, she’d just sit in here all day, and that — that would ruin their time, which she couldn’t do.

She reached out and grabbed the dress.

A few minutes later —

“Ahk!”

Thump!

“Ouch…,” she mumbled, standing up from the door and rubbing her cheek.

That wasn’t meant to be zipped up by the same person wearing it.

She rubbed the zipper at her side, smiling slightly. “But mission accomplished,” she muttered.

Though she was curious, she tried not to catch a glance of herself or look down at the dress on herself as she unlocked the door and stepped out into the boutique.

Her chest and her wrists and all of her veins were tight with that drumming that made her feel like she might be sick, but she breathed out a sigh, because it was going to be fine, and she was going to be fine, and they were her friends, and —

Just stop it.

She tried not to flinch at her own scolding as she turned around to face outward.

“Well,” she said, giving a small smile, her hands playing at the sides of her skirt, “what…do you think?” And then immediately, “If you think it’s bad or something, I’ll go ahead and take it off — I mean, it’s a really pretty dress, but it’s not, uhm, like…if you…well…?” She gave a little wiggle of her fingers, raising an eyebrow and muttering a small “sorry”.

She held back a cringe.

She had no idea what that just was.

mood
: D

outfit
something

playing...
dance
by foxes​

mentions
angel

interactions
ronnie & bella

tags
hery hery geminiy geminiy

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

victoria shantel sterling​

Cool, calm, and collected. Those were the three things that Victoria strove to be at all times — and, almost always, she was completely cool, calm, and collected. It was her thing. Her schtick.

But it was kind of hard to be cool, calm, and collected while a heavy, expensive effing dress was hanging halfway off of your ass and you were stuck hanging halfway on a door with one hand while the other hand desperately held up the dress that was falling off of you, trying to get someone’s help because if you moved too much, the dress was coming off and everyone in the store would be made a criminal for admiring your body and you would be publicly humiliated and you would have to change your name and move states and your sister would have to go into the witness protection program and —

You got her point.

But still, she was doing her best, because, after all, cool, calm, and collected was her thing. As was evidenced by her following actions.

A too-wide, thankful smile spread across Tori’s face, though her eyes were still wide with desperation. She gave a laugh. “Hiiiii,” she drawled sweetly, wiggling the tips of the fingers that were gripping the door as best as she could without losing her grip. “How’s it goiiiing?”

The girl kind of blinked at her for a moment.

Tori blinked back, the smile frozen on her face.

Blink.

Blink.

“Oh hi…,” said the girl.

“Hi,” Tori said back, blinking, her wide smile still stuck on her face.

“Yes I’ll help you with that,” said her schoolmate.

A look of relief washed over her face, her smile falling immediately for a more genuine smile. She looked toward the ceiling, giving a relieved chuckle. “Oh, thank you so much,” she said, reaching back and gripping the dress to herself as the girl began to help her zip up. The hand pressed to her chest to keep the dress up moved to her stomach. She pressed her lips into a line and stared at the closed door.

Well…this was awkward. Her face turned a deep red, and her grip tightened on the dress. Just standing in a changing stall, listening to and feeling this girl who you can’t really remember the name of struggle with the zipper of your dress…great job.

What kind of conversation was she supposed to make here? Lovely weather we’re having today? LA weather effing sucked. She really didn’t like it out here. I like your outfit? She didn’t know where it would go from there.

She rubbed her tongue against the roof of her mouth, breathing in deeply as an attempt to at least make the girl’s job easier — and the zipper finally found its way to the top.

“It seems the zipper is a little bit tricky, but it’s up!” she said with a smile.

Tori breathed out a deep sigh of relief, a smile breaking over her reddened face. “Thank you so much,” she breathed again, looking at the girl. “Thank you so, so, so much. You have no idea what — I think…you just saved my life.”

She glanced at her reflection in the mirror.

The dress…was kind of ugly, she wasn’t even going to lie. It looked…like a shower curtain or something.

“That dress looks really good on you,” she said. “I don’t know what you are looking for but I do think that one really suits you.”

Tori’s face crumpled in appreciation, her brows knitting upward. She pressed a hand to her chest, sighing sweetly, and then she remembered that, you know, you played compliments off cooly when you were as cool as her. “Thanks,” she said, proudly lifting her nose. “I think so, too.”

She looked at her reflection again.

Maybe it was decent enough.

…Plus she really didn’t want to go through all of the effort of getting another dress on.

As much as she loved dress shopping, it wasn’t any fun to do it alone, anyway.

Wait, no, not in the sad way. She wasn’t sad. It wasn’t a depressing “oh shit, I’m alone, dress-shopping for my senior ball”.

Even if that sounded sad, she swore —

Wait.

A sudden idea popped into her head.

“I’ll go back to look at some dresses,” said the girl, “so if you need help again I might be around for a while.”

“Wait!” Tori gasped, reaching out for the other girl and catching her shoulder.

Be cool, Tori. Not desperate — cool.

She chuckled, dropping her hand. She ran a hand through her hair, giving the girl a smirk and holding out her hand. “I’m Victoria,” she said. “You can call me Tori, though. Or Vic, or Vicky, or…basically anything.” She put her hands on her hips, and then she corrected herself: “Anything but Whori.” She gave a slight laugh, like it was a joke.

But it wasn’t a joke.

She gave her a pointed look. “I’m serious.”

She laughed, snapping back into the carefree act. “Anywho…what’s your name? I know we go to the same school, but I can’t say that I ever caught your name…but you’re in Beth’s grade, right? You’re a sophomore? I’ve seen you around, you know.” She gave a slight shrug. “But I was wondering…are you here alone?” She cleared her throat, waving her hand dismissively. “I mean, I’d certainly hope that you weren’t,” she chuckled, “but are you?”

There was a plea in her eyes: spare me from having to ask you to go shopping with me.

Hanging out with a sophomore was one thing. When they asked you, it was fine. When you asked them, though...

You know.

Then again, the only thing sadder than asking a sophomore to hang out with you as a senior was you, as a senior, shopping for your ball dress alone.

So there wasn’t really any lower that she could go.

mood
...so

outfit
something casual

playing...
be nice to me
by the front bottoms​

mentions
beth

interactions
maeve

tags
Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Zeph Evermore

Deep breaths. Just don't think or something.

Yeah, because that was never a bad idea. And it definitely always seemed to be the best way to deal with Lindsay Kay, and right now... that's what Zeph was doing. Zeph was dealing with Lindsay Kay, so he needed to just... shut off the overthinking part of his brain, and just have fun.

It's what he'd always wanted, right? The ability to not think and to just have fun? Not have to worry ten steps ahead of him, and feel a tiny bit like a kid?

So... he did just that.

Plus it wasn't like anyone would catch them. They were in a backyard, and he was sure that the people who owned this people were probably on vacation or something this weekend. That's why Lin had chosen to do this today -- because it was gonna be safe, and fun, but also just a touch illegal.

It was great.

Zeph kicked off his shoes and socks before pulling his shirt off over his head and dropped it onto his shoes, followed by unbuckling his jeans and kicking them off, too.

Now clad in only a pair of blue flannel boxers, Zeph walked towards the edge of the pool, and he stepped off the edge of the pool and fell into the deep end -- as safely as he could because, of course, the rather tall sophomore didn't want to hurt himself by hitting the bottom of the cement pool.

He went under, holding his breath as he did so, and kept his eyes squeezed shut as he let the shock of the water and the fact that he was even doing this overwhelm him for a moment before fading.

And then he came back up, gasping for air as he brought his hands up to wipe away at his eyes so that he could see. With a laugh and a grin, Zeph swam his way towards Lin, although it didn't take a long time before his feet were hitting the bottom of the pool and he was able to walk until he was standing next to his smaller friend.

"See? Not a chicken," Zeph stated proudly... and then just behind Lin's head, Zeph caught sight of something -- and before Lin could make a dive for it, Zeph lunged past the shorter junior.

His hand grabbed hold of the pool noodle that had been left carelessly in the pool and he spun around, holding it out in front of him like a sword as he grinned in Lin's direction.

"Wanna fight?"

mood
coolio

outfit
clothes

playing...
We Like It
by Computer Games​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Lin

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

Casey Clairmont

As the gang of Casey's besties (plus Nellie) headed into the studio, Casey was really feeling his absolute best. He was beyond excited for this flippin' interview, as if he hadn't done a million and one of these in the past already. Yeah, that's right, ol' Casey Clairmont was kind of a seasoned pro when it came to this whole "interview" thing, so there wasn't any kind of nervousness dripping from the tall blonde boy.

Even as the infamous Claudia Marino made her way towards the gang. Nah, Casey just stood up straight, now allowing himself to kinda fall all hunched over like he tended to walk normally, as he stood right on beside Chas, and smiled in Mrs. Marino's direction. Not a single one of her rather venomous words towards Chas already clicked with the rather airheaded blonde -- he kind of just wrote it off in an ol' stress of the interview kinda way.

She mentioned Cami, and Casey just gave a toothy grin, letting Chanel answer that question, before Claudia turned her attention to the lanky blonde.

"I also miss the romance. How many girls do you have to turn down every day? Oh, how tragic!"

Before Casey could respond, Claudia reached out and ruffled his hair, which earned a small laugh from Casey. What? It was so so so funny. She continued on, speaking to Lydia, and the lopsided grin on Casey's face didn't go anywhere, not even as Claudia led 'em all down the hall until they came to a stop at a room. He poked his head inside, but then stepped back and did the super duper uper gentlemanly thing and allowed the ladies to enter first.

Although to be real, he was really only doing that to try and impress the really, really pretty Lydia, but he guessed Chanel was kinda technically a girl. Either way, he bounced through the door after them with Chas, glancing back at the door as Claudia shut it, and they were left alone.

"So, to reiterate the game plan: nobody go off-script, because if I'm going down, I'll sure as hell take you all with me. I hope this was enough time for you to get everything memorized, Lydia, because they're not going easy on late, unprepared stand-ins." Chas was saying, until he moved to sit in front of the vanity. "That being said, I appreciate you all coming, blah blah... you get the point."

"Yeah, yeah, Chas, ya worry too much," Casey gave a dismissive wave of his hand in Chas' direction, and then his attention was glued back to the gorgeous, amazing, super hot, super nice, really, really, really awesome, the one, the only, Lydia Fox. He moved to sit on one of the couches with her, and he even did the sly ol' arm 'round the back of the couch trick but he'd play it all off like nah that's just a more comfortable sitting position.

Of course, being Casey, he didn't remain seated quite like that for quite too long before his arm was moving off the back of the couch and he was hopping back up to Converse clad feet.

"Lookie, lookie," the blonde urged them, and he gestured frantically at a television in a corner of the room. Proudly, and trying to be oh so super duper chill and cool like that, Casey grinned back at Lydia. "Ya can watch me when I'm out on set I bet. Ya can see how cool and real professional I am, ya know?"

With a slight chuckle, the boy hopped on over to Chas. He grabbed one of the stools from in front of a different vanity and yanked it so it was right next to little Chas, and then he plopped down into the seat, and he tossed an arm 'round Chas' shoulders, and he grinned at their reflection in the mirror.

"Aye, Chas, ya worry too much," he said with a chuckle as he looked away from the reflections to actually look at Chas' face. Casey leaned back against the vanity, stretching his long legs out in front of him, and slouching in the chair a bit so he could kinda look at Chas a bit better. His elbows rested on the vanity, that lopsided grin still plastered goofily across his face as he watched Chas mess with his hair.

"It'll all go by real fine, don't worry one little bit," Casey said with a sure nod of his head, and then he hopped from the seat, giving Chas an aggressive pat on the back before he used his foot to yank the stool back over in front of the other vanity -- right as there was a knock on the door, followed by the door being pushed open and stylists coming in.

Casey being the professional he was 'course knew what the whole ol' dealio was, so he dropped down into the seat and turned so he was facing the mirror and waited for all the fixing up of his hair and his face.

-----------------​

A few minutes later, and they were all hot and sexy and ready to go, and Casey's hair had been all fixed up after Claudia went pat, pat, pat, but they'd had to leave the girls behind. Casey had kind of given this look to Chanel that was triplet speak for "don't embarrass me or kill pretty girl thanks love you bye."

She'd get it, don't worry. It was tripathy.

(That was triplet telepathy for the uninitiated.)

Now it was just Chas and Casey, being led up some dude with a fancy ol' clipboard, and Casey was bop bop boppin' along, right up until they got to the set, and then it was all time and stuff to be all professional. So Casey had to stop boppin' and start paying attention, which he did real hard.

He nod nod nodded a bit aggressively, and then it was time to wait for his cue to go out.

"And today, we've got a special guest star," Claudia was saying, and Casey gave Chas a little bump with his shoulder.

The little bump was clearly best friend speak for "loosen up, I got this," and Chas definitely got it.

"Casey Clairmont!"

He waited for the cheering (which naturally came 'cause he was Casey Clairmont), and then Casey walked out on stage. He grinned, waving in the direction of the crowd for a moment, offering them a little dip of his head, and then he turned his attention towards Claudia. He did the whole shake her hand thing, thanked her for being there, and then took his seat on the other couch. He clasped his hands together in his lap, and it was on.

The interview went about as you would expect--

"I hear you just got off tour. How did that go?"

"Oh it went great. Yeah, I got to meet a lot of fans, showcase some of my new music, but it's nice to be settled back in Los Angeles for a while and not on the road."

"Wow that's great. And are you working on any new music?"

"Yeah, of course. I've got a couple new songs currently in the works, and I'm really excited to share them with my fans."

Ya know, basic interview stuff like that, and Casey was talking like a real big professional and Claudia was acting real interested, and he was feeling like this interview was going just great.

And then, he thought Claudia was gonna start asking more questions.

Instead, Claudia started gesturing offstage at someone, and Casey had to keep himself from showing any kind of confusion.

"I'm sure everyone knows my youngest son, Chas," she said, gesturing again in Chas' direction. "Come on out and take a seat next to Casey."

Casey was still confused, but he shifted in his seat so there was plenty of room next to him for his good bestie, Chas. He was kind of seated against the edge so that he'd be closest to Claudia, too.

mood
feelinggg goood good gooood

outfit
something interview worthy

playing...
Kerosene
by Courage My Love​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Chas, Nellie, Lydia

tags
hery hery Soap Soap gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: girlllll

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
Hunter

INT:
ditto ditto (Kelli)
geminiy geminiy (Bella)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Veronica Crosby
"Rose Petal Boutique..." Ronnie breathed in unison with Kelli, starry-eyed and eager to get a glimpse at the little shop's pageantry and elegance. Nearly losing herself to her absentminded nature, the redheaded girl snapped out of her trance and hurried through the door behind Kelli and ahead of Bella.

A feeling of familiarity washed over Ronnie at the sight of a tangerine dress draped around a mannequin, and she smiled. "My favorite color," she observed with a finger pointed toward the back of the shop. Her head turned a little lopsided when glancing at her friends, the smile spreading wider on her cheeks as the three shared in each other's merriment.

"This place is gorgeous. And the dresses, too." She reached a dainty arm out to pinch a silken fold of fabric, but hesitated pulled her hand away from the dress. It wasn't polite to be so liberal in touching things in stores, or at least that's what she'd been told. She turned her head to see if anyone had been watching and, to her own embarrassment, Kelli's eyes had already been fixed onto her for who knew how long.

She offered a slight smile, then turned her attention to Bella. Are these not the most beautiful dresses ever?” Uh, yes! She nodded incredulously, lifting a brow; how could anyone say no? "Do you think I should go with blue or pink? Personally, I am more of a blue girl, but I do not want to limit my options.”

“I’d ask Ronnie,”
Kelli answered before she could even get a word out, “She’s the fashion expert here.”

"Heh!" The elected fashion expert cracked a sideways smirk, unable to contain a sharp giggle. "Well, if I were you, and if it were up to me, I'd go for pink, actually. It suits you better." She tucked a stray, fiery strand of hair behind her ear, idly browsing through a row of floral patterns adjacent to the wall. "'Better' being, like, infinity and one, which doesn't even do anything 'cause it's infinity anyway."

Once the girls had moved on to the next dress, Ronnie found herself pseudo-modeling a rather extravagant purple gown auspiciously chosen by Bella. She put a hand on her hip, her gaze once again making a steady line for Kelli. "Find anything?" she asked innocently, distracted enough not to notice Bella's well-informed disapproval for the dress previously being dangled in the air.

"Are you two going with anyone special to the ball?"

Heh. Well... Now this was Ronnie's style of conversation. Out of courtesy, she first waited for Kelli to say her piece. If there was a boy to get the deets about, she was sure she'd have been told already, yet Kelli's stuttered reaction seemed to hint at something. She squinted suspiciously, cocking a brow with a curious look toward her best friend.

She wouldn't push it. Yet.

"Hmm... I'm gonna go with a 'maybe', too." she affirmed once it was her turn, displaying an excited lack of hesitation, "See, I've actually got plans with a guy, so maybe if it goes well... well, yeah!" A glint of hope twinkled on the surface of her eyes, and one could almost imagine a swath of floating hearts orbiting around her. "I texted him while we were on the way here. We're gonna meet soon, like, somewhere around here. Think coffee's good for a potential ball ask?"

Satisfied with her overexplaining-yet-cryptic answer, Ronnie joined Kelli in her inquiring. "Yeah, Bella. How about you?"

After being handed their dresses, the two recently-appointed fashion models scurried into their respective changing rooms. Ronnie, being the supportive friend she is, laughed at Kelli's joke, radiating her perpetually flippant, easygoing aura. The dresses really were nice. Not perfect picks, but pretty spot-on for an arbitrary grab off the rack. "In that case, just imagine Bella's a Vogue photographer and strut your stuff!" she suggested, oblivious to her friend's looming anxiety.

The actual putting-on of the dress was a quick affair, having been performed by a girl known to carry whole busloads of clothing into retail store changing rooms. She bent over and tugged at the dress a bit, straightening her posture and doing a quick twist of the waist. Pretty! White wasn't so bad; with the crisscrossy straps and dramatically low, sharp hem, Ronnie almost felt like the personification of a dove, except one going to, like, a fancy party.

Upon the entrance of Kelli, a content grin found itself creeping across Ronnie's cheeks. Before she could put out a comprehensive analysis, the other girl already began speaking.

“Well,” she said, “What…do you think? If you think it’s bad or something, I’ll go ahead and take it off — I mean, it’s a really pretty dress, but it’s not, uhm, like…if you…well…?”

No amount of criticism was really meant to be directed toward the actual wearer of the dress anyway; real fashionistas could distinguish between criticism of the dress' make and more personal commentary. However, perhaps commenters toward Kelli's fashion should be warned to err on a more sugarcoated side. Ronnie knew a degree of sensitivity was needed in these scenarios.

"Stop." Ronnie maintained her soft smile. "You look great." She slipped a hand onto her friend's back, rubbing it gently. Nodding toward Bella's direction, she led the way back to their dress supplier (well, middleman—the old lady owned all these dresses) with a visibly eager demeanor.

"Pretty spot-on for a winter dance, don't you think?" she said in a raised voice as they approached Bella, giving Kelli a little shake, "Mine's not too uncomfy for dancing, either. Although, bodycon has never been my favorite for my frame. I think one-shoulder dresses do a better job since..." The girl went on getting into the technicality of her dress' make, tugging at parts and indicating where some sewing was needed. The kids on Off-Broadway really did have it good costume-wise.

"Now, Bella, it's only fair I pick a piece for you," she decided after she'd said her piece, creasing her brows and squinting hard as she went through dress racks. After pulling a dress out, she shoved it in Bella's direction with an insistent face. "Go, go! This one is totally your style!" Uh, her style? When Ronnie got all riled up, she tended to... project. But who knows; maybe they shared similar tastes!

"We can't skimp on the quality of our ball dresses. The whole point is to, like, tell everyone how out of our dates' leagues we are." She crossed her arms and leaned her weight on one knee. "That being said, I haven't had a chance to properly assess Kelli's new boy toy, so I'm gonna need a little bit more info to work with if we're gonna pull this off."

After waiting a beat, she continued. "Now, tell me. Is he in our grade? Is he... ugly?" And then tell me everything else, thanks. All digits of his social instead of the last four, if you can.
code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back