• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Hollow - A winter-y/fantasy/tribal quest

Ember Heart or Pale Wolf?

• Ember Heart

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Pale Wolf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What?

• I don't know who those tribes are (yet)

• Both!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Neither, unknown scary evil FTW!

• Total voters

marorda

Oddball and author

Hollow

It is Fall, Winter is approaching fast. Leaves are falling, the temperature's chilling. But there's more in the air than just the chill of the late year. Tension, a sense of dread. You can sense it. It's a gift nobody knows you possess. To feel things. Souls are restless, raiders could be lurking everywhere in the woods, and an old enemy of the Tribes is preparing for its comeback that might well tear apart the world. You have seen the signs, but don't quite understand all of them. A fellow Tribe from far away calls for help, but can they truly be trusted? Perhaps it is them who will bring doom from across the sea to your lands. You are Keldian, a scout from the Pale Wolf tribe, one of the first to spot the signs that times are changing. Will you realize what is happening before it is too late?
Something is amiss. You've been feeling that for a while, but have simply refused to recognize it. Fairytales are nothing to be worried about. No, all that matters is your direct family and the people of your Tribe. With the winter approaching, people are bound to get sick. And a Last Hunt never takes place without someone getting hurt. For the past years, since you were old enough to work, you have done what you could to keep your people healthy and happy. It is all that matters to you. That, and that nobody ever learns of your secret. You are Sianni, a Healer from the Pale Wolf tribe. Can you save those you old dear from being harmed by ancient dangers?
You have faced an unspeakable danger, taking on shapes worse than your worst nightmare. You have lost most of your people, you have lost your home. But you haven't yet lost your hope and your honor. Setting out on a journey, you hope to find different lands, where the Evil cannot reach. Perhaps you can warn others of what is to come. Maybe you can even fight so that nobody else will have to suffer the fate of your people. But these are foreign lands with foreign people. Will they understand the warnings? Will they even be willing to listen to a stranger? Can they even be trusted, or do they work with the evil, and is their only plan to trap you and whatever people you have left, to make you suffer forever? You are Arkhaan, a warrior from the Ember Heart tribe. Will you find safety, or will danger follow you?

"Hollow" follows the story line of three different characters, all connected in a unique way, as they each learn of the danger that threatens everything they know and love. Each of their stories is unique. Each have their own ties to the approaching danger. Each have their motives to stop it. Will they find each other and be able to band together? Will they each choose their own path in learning the origins and ultimate goals of the evil that threatens them all? Or will they fall and end up Hollow? That, dear reader, is up to you.

Interested? Drop a message here! It's past 11PM now, so I will make the quest thread later :P Gotta catch my Z's.

There's three storylines that intertwine.
Arkhaan has seen the influence of the stirring evil, an old enemy of the tribes. He fled from what he has seen, hoping to be safe and maybe warn others of what he saw. But he might be bringing the evil with him without knowing so. Or not. That's still a mystery.

Keldian sees something approaching from across the seas. His tribe has heard rumors of war and danger, so he is worried for the safety of his tribe. He has the gift to "see" and "feel" things and knows something is approaching, just he doesn't know what.

Sianni heard te rumors of danger, but regards to it mostly as fairytales and nothing to worry about. But she has a secret that is/might be of importance in the ancient evil that threatens them.

It's a time of war, so people are hesitant to trust strangers. Arkhaan is a stranger to Sianni and Keldian. They don't know what to make of him and the things he claims he has seen. But there is definitely some evil force lurking about.

So these three people each have a reason to try and figure out what the evil force is and how to stop it before things get worse. The question is how will they do it? Work together? Work against each other? Will they stop the evil force or fall to its power?

I'm trying to not reveal too much xD But hopefully this gives an idea.
So in very short: evil things happen. People must try to stop it before it is to late.

Okay, let me see if I can write a more proper plot synopsis than I squeezed out in my short break at work:

The tribes, no matter how far apart they have lived, all have stories and legends of an unspoken evil force. Details might vary from tribe to tribe, but few things all stories have in common: you do not speak the name of the dark force, and it hungers. Always it is hungry.

For the longest time the evil force has been nearly absent, slumbering. But now it is waking. The first signs are already there, only noticed by some people. War, fear, restlessness. Some who recognize the signs disregard them. Some who see the signs do not understand the extend of it all.

Keldian, Sianni, and Arkhaan are all people who have seen the signs, whether they know it or not, whether they understand them of not. They each have their own ties to the unusual things happening in the world around them.

Circumstance leaves the three of them among the very few to take a stand and protect the world they have known from their ancient enemy. If the dark hungering force wins, many of their people will fall. And they will be gone for ever, for legend has it that their ancient enemy devours souls. If it gets you alive, you end up Hollow, a husk without soul or personality, only serve mindlessly. If it gets you in the Afterlife, you simply cease to exist. And for the tribes, who worship their ancestors and firmly believe every one will be reunited in Death, no longer existing is simply the worst possible fate.

Idea Idea (and others): is this, combined with the previous explanation less vague and entough to draw people intrigue story of Hollow?

It is a lot better I'd say, but I think you're still missing a crucial detail: I have no idea what these tribes are. Like I assume they are actual tribes, but are they human? Do they have any history with one another? Who are these characters within the context of their world?

That kind of information is pretty important towards me (and I imagine others) deciding whether this story is worth following. "Who are these people and why should I care what happens to them?" Is basically what still needs to be answered for me to have the proper tools to even consider joining.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm pretty new to quest RPs xD

The tribes are indeed human. I guess you could call them clans too. Families living in the same village, having fine so for generations and having little cultures of their own. I've drawn some inspiration from Germanic tribes there.

Many tribes have a history with each other, be it through trade or war. Or politics, mixing the "blood" of one tribe with that of another. Ember Heart and Pale Wolf have, at least in recent years, no history with one another, but this changes early in the story.

Keldian is a scout for the Pale Wolf, Sianni is a healer for that tribe. The two of them have known each other their entire lives and tend to look out for one another. Keldian is the quickest scout they have, and he has a gift generally called "the Sight" where he is able to sense things others can't.
Sianni is not just a healer, but her father is the right hand man of the village chief, and she is to take his place if her father dies.

Arkhaan is a warrior from Ember Heart, and his tribe has seen the dangers of this evil force. He ends up in strange lands (Pale Wolf territory) and has to convince them the dangers are real. He doesn't know anyone else just yet. He, somehow, survived the horrors of a force thsto doesn't usually leave survivors.

So each of them are fairly normal people, but their secrets, gifts, and pasts, make them special and key pieces in protecting everything they have known.

More questions? I'll gladly give my best attempt at answering... either on between my work or after whenever I have time xD

Hmmm.. alright. Doesn't seem like my favorite plot ever, but since you were so nice as to go out of your way to provide me more and I would prefer you don't feel discouraged from quest RPs, I suppose you've convinced me to stay. Glad to be on board!

Cool! I think I wolk upload the thread tomorrow. It's 8:30PM now, my break is over, and I have to work until 11:00PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back