• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Captain/first mate/siren? Fantasy pirate adventure?? Pleeease. I would love to be your first mate or captain.

He yawned theatrically—batted his eyes—willing the devil to appear. Little heads popping out the thicket, babies bumbling down the path to the academy, tiny like ants he could crush with his thumb, which he mimed doing. He could see all the little anklebiters from up here: a lone figure along the spires, balanced against a spire at the top of Noroth’s. Watch duty was a necessary evil.

Amdusias fought the breeze through his hair with a free hand. Tut-tut, it looks like sunlight. The horizon glowed a raw pink. Where the woodland dispersed into insufficient cover, the children appeared to be minding their own or grouping up already—he supposed that was a good thing. They carried themselves almost unconcernedly but, granted, they had just been born, and he wondered if any of them had even heard of a witch-hunter before. These children came from sheltered homes.

Regardless: it was just getting warm enough to stand. Amdusias wouldn’t have preferred weaving through the brambles and trees any more, so he let his begrudging fizzle out. He straightened his jacket. To any knowing eyes, then, he was gone.

“Mr. Staton.”

At the base of the main building, the counselor emerged to Leo’s audience with a respectful nod of the head. “The coast was clear from my position. If there’s anything else you need done inside, I’d be obliged…

“...with your permission,” he clued in.

That left the students’ arrival handled, Leo starting towards them; Amdusias giving the softest click of his teeth and a quieter, grudgeful, “Mm.” The word “orientation” brought the image of forced interaction and bright overhead lights. About the worst elements of human society.

He stepped backwards as the young woman came barreling towards him. “Olivia Molen—right. We’re not well-acquainted. I’m Amdusias Toreador representing the Clan Ferro.”

She sighed and shut the school door behind her.

“Mmm.” A little louder this time. Maybe she didn’t care for company either.

Now the night creature was faced with an insurmountable obstacle: a closed door. Amdusias turned to see whether Headmaster Staton could reinstate his invitation—the man was gone.

“Mmm!” Very audibly now. Amdusias rapped on the door. “Olivia! You do know I’m a vampire?”

He leaned forward so that Amdusias ogled down at Olivia between the double doors. “I am asking you, as a vampire, to invite me indoors.” His tone was measured, his temper swiftly running thin. Devil forbid a man ask for the slightest cultural accommodation.

He straightened up: while waiting, Amdusias recognized in the moment how busy it’d become. He stole a glance behind him at the students talking in groups, piles of luggage, an entire entourage of butlers…

“Err, Mr. Staton-“ he started, the man in question heading toward him. Then past him. Leo had slammed the doors.

“Mr. Staton, another invitation at l- Oh, ff- forget it,” the vampire roared—promptly, he took a deep breath before retreating to the lawn to wait much like the children.

“Embarrassing…” He grumbled, balled-up, arms wrapped around his knees, at the base of a tree. To an elf-girl beside him, he said, “Don’t mind me. Go on with your ‘Instant-gram’ talk.”

Definitely interested if your still looking, all of those ideas sound cool but if I had to pick I would probably lean towards Enceladus.

Isabel returned Baxter's nod with a small one of her own curiosity niggling at what the ex drop trooper could want with her she tailed him and Mitch as the group made there way to the dock. As the group moved and mitch rattled of the agincourt specs Issy seemlessly uplinked into the local military tactical net sending a request for a few dossiers before disconnecting with a thought. Recieving them would require a dedicated encrypted node but that could wait for later as the group arrived at a set of blast doors.

Issy's keen eye surveyed the ship as the blast doors opened, the most obvious modification was the new FTL drive nestled at the stern of the fuselage, already a small frown developed on Issy's face if it was just the drive then she supposed it would be fine but if they had stripped any of the nav software they would have lost some of the speed that the ship was reknown for. Continuing her sweep as the group walked down to the main ramp several of the weak armour points seemed to have been stripped alongside the primary axial accelerator. Both modifications elliciting good marks from Issy in her head the accellerator always was to large for the frigates power core so it's removal gave credence to the work that would have been done on the rest of the systems.

Walking up the ramp Isabel frowned slightly at the Kodiak it was a very aged design and while certainly reliable it's place here seemed out of place with other systems such as the ship itself, perhaps their finnanciers were military in nature it would be odd for anyone else to harbour attachment to the vehicle. As they were lead into the engine room Issy let out a small snort and her face twisted into a wry smirk, whatever else it seemed like the retrofit had seen no problems leaving the main power core and Taurus Drive exposed, the only reason that they were so exposed on the military varient was part of a evolution joke between two of the design teams.

The final part of the tour was nothing if not brief though Issy was happy that they wouldn't be going into to much detail over things she already knew. Shaking her head gently Issy seperated from the main group entering into the techlab. The second the doors opened she realised that this area had been given a proper once over, what used to be a sparse sensor hub had been completely redone and seemed to have been upgraded with almost any toy you could think of. After pausing a moment Issy looks back over her shoulder making eye contact with Baxter before jerking her head into the lab and entering herself having a look at the various displays mounted on the walls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back