• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hogwarts Years 1-7

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Grace Walsh
Feeling Chase's hands intertwine with hers, Grace looked up at him and looked him straight in his eyes. "I-I do? Nonsense, Crosby. There's no way I look prettier up close. Things are supposed to look pretty from afar, like art. And believe me, I'm sure you'll see many more pretty girls in your time here, ladies man Crosby." She said in a voice just above a whisper, her blush grew more a the compliment flattered her. But knowing that he saw her up close and still said she was prettier made her feel this unfamiliar feeling. She didn't know how or why, but she was feeling shy and coy, no boy had ever make her feel like this. Throughout all the balls she's attended throughout her life, all the boys trying to impress and flatter her, no one ever made her feel like this.

"WALSH!" She heard someone yell out her name. Hearing that she snapped out of the sort of trance she was in when talking to Chase. She stepped back and unlocked their hands. She heard the yell coming from the Slytherin table. "I'm sorry. but I do have to go. It seems that someone wants to talk to me. I will try to see you again, maybe in a quidditch game?" She apologised. "It really was a pleasure meeting you, Chase Crosby. Till the next time." She greeted him goodbye with a little wave as she made her way back to the Slytherin table to find the source of the yelling.

Mentions:
Chase: Edric Blight Edric Blight

Chase Crosby

44F82F3D-6C15-4665-8577-F08843A9DA92.gif

Chase just shook his head and frowned at her words. To him, she was the prettiest girl in the whole school- no one could compare to Grace Walsh in his eyes. “I doubt I’ll find anyone more beautiful than you, Grace,” he told her softly as he looked directly into her eyes, their hands still intertwined. Chase’s confidence was rarely broken, but for the first time in his life, this girl made him feel all weird in his stomach as his heart seemed to flutter when he saw her and she talked to him.

The boy’s eyes soon widened as he heard someone yelling her last name as he turned his head to look in the direction he had heard the voice. Suddenly, as Grace stepped back and unlocked their hands, Chase felt himself transporting back to reality and out of the little trance he was in when talking with the red haired Slytherin girl. For those few minutes, it was just him and her in their own little universe.

Chase frowned as he nodded, realizing that Grace had to go off now and talk with her other housemates, where she truly belonged.
“Alright Grace I get it, I- I’ll see you later,” he replied with a slow nod, admittedly looking a little disappointed that they had to part ways. “Heh yea, you’ll definitely see me on the Quidditch team when I make Gryffindor seeker this year,” he replied, giving her a little soft smile. “I’m glad we met, Grace. I’ll see you around,” he said with a little smile as he gave her a wave goodbye.

He sighed, smiling fondly as he thought of his encounter with Grace Walsh. It had gone quite well, and hell- she even thought he was cute! She thought he was cute and handsome! This alone made Chase happy and his heart flutter. The boy smiled, walking back from the Slytherin table to the Gryffindor table with a little pep in his step. That was until he bumped into a slightly taller student.
“Oof!” grunted Chase as he stepped back and looked up at the slightly taller student. His eyes widened when he realized who it was as he looked at the emerald green Slytherin crest on his robes and the familiar looking face. It was his older brother, the third year star seeker for Slytherin, Thomas Crosby.

F1C84904-D9A4-4869-9CB5-3061E5223C70.jpeg

Chase looked up to see his older brother, who looked almost exactly like him, although with a slight height different and obviously the Slytherin robes setting them apart. Thomas didn’t look too happy to see his baby brother as he looked down at the new Gryffindor first year boy and scowled. “Gryffindor, eh?” Thomas asked as he stepped closer to Chase in an attempt to intimidate his younger brother as he sneered at him. “Just like daddy, right?” Thomas said mockingly as he grabbed Chase by his collar, causing the younger Crosby to gag a little.

“Ow! Tom! Let go!” Chase complained. Thomas just smirked and only tightened his grip on his younger brother’s collar. The older Crosby just scoffed as he remained smirking, “Heh, you’re not even close to half the Gryffindor our dad was. Pathetic….” Thomas said. Chase just widened his eyes and gulped nervously, feeling about choked by his brother’s grip. “Ow Tom, what’s your deal?” Chase whined.

Thomas just chuckled and rolled his eyes, remaining smirking arrogantly,
“If you honestly think mum or dad are going to be proud of you just because you got sorted into Gryffindor, than you’ve got another thing coming,” said the older Crosby. “You’ll always be playing second fiddle to me,” said Thomas through gritted teeth as he pulled Chase closer to him, almost lifting the shorter boy off of his feet.

“Let go!” Chase whined as he tried to wiggle free from his brother’s grip. But Thomas was stronger and older than Chase, so it was no use. Thomas furrowed his brow and glared with disdain down at his little bro. “Just know your place here, Chase. It’s in my shadow. Stay outta my way and don’t embarrass me by being a sorry pathetic excuse for a Crosby that you always were and will continue to be,” said Thomas. Those words pierced Chase’s heart like a venomous arrow.

“Oh and one more thing, Chasey…” said Thomas, raising an eyebrow, “You’ll never make seeker, dork,” he added as he aggressively let go of Chase’s collar. Thomas just scoffed and smirked at his brother as he saw the frown on Chase’s face. Clearly his hurtful words had achieved their goals and demoralized the younger brother. Exactly what Thomas wanted. “Now run along now, Gryffindor, go be a disappointment to mum and dad somewhere else,” said Thomas as he stepped forward and aggressively pushed Chase down, causing the younger boy to fall as Thomas just cackled. “Pathetic! Enjoy Hogwarts, dork wad! You won’t last a week here!” Thomas said as he turned around and giggled to himself as he walked away.

Chase sat on the ground, looking as if he were about to cry. The boy slowly got up and dusted his robes off as he sighed, his mood certainly dampened by his encounter with his older brother, as he went to go make his way back to the Gryffindor table. Chase dusted himself off again before running a hand through his nice soft brown hair and sitting down with his fellow Gryffindor. He was hurt, admittedly by his brother’s words, but he wasn’t going to let them deter him.

Mentions:
Grace Walsh: kakemha kakemha

Lizzy Hawksley

Lizzy was a mess of emotions, she missed the train! Her one way to get somewhere she finally belonged. They day she was instructed to go to platform 9 and 3/4 she was running late. By the time she had figured out how to get to the platform, the train was gone. After she saw the empty track she asked around, everyone informed her the train had already departed. Immediately, she owled Professor McGonagall.

A day or so later she received an owl back informing her if she didn't have such a bright future she wouldn't have been able to attend Hogwarts. Springing up at the letter she quickly repacked her trunk and was dropped off at Kings Cross Station. She burst through the portal and once at the platform she saw a calico cat with square, glasses looking markings on its face.

"Professor McGonagall?" Lizzy looked all around the station, then the calico cat transformed into the professor. At this her jaw dropped, the professor walked up to her. "I assume you are ready?" Professor McGonagall asked the girl using her wand to shut her jaw. Lizzy merely shook her head, this was all she could muster. She had read about this kind of magic but seeing it with her own eyes!

McGonagall took Lizzy's hand and they apparated close to the Hogwarts grounds, where a carriage was waiting, it was being pulled by.. Well nothing that she could see. "Genius! Because you cannot apparate inside the grounds!" Lizzy exclaimed.

McGonagall entered the carriage, followed by Lizzy. A short ride later, they could see the castle. Lizzy stared in awe, she muttered to herself, "Bloody brilliant!" Once they had arrived at the castle McGonagall left the carriage , "Leave your trunk here, go to the great hall and you will get sorted." After saying this, McGonagall left her and into the castle.

Lizzy entered the castle, after several minutes of wandering around the castle she finally stumbled on the great hall. Entering she saw Professor McGonagall standing in front of the four, long house tables. The professor announced, "It seems as though one of our first years missed the train and will be sorted tonight." Lizzy began to walk up to the front of the hall, she felt all the students stare at her. The eyes followed her as she sat on the stool. The sorting hat was slowly lowered into her head.

"Ah a late one!" The sorting hat whispered into her ear, knowing the sorting hat could read her mind she didn't speak. "Hmm" A frown grew in the sorting hat as it thought. "Lots of knowledge..... Very loyal.... Ambition to prove yourself.... Quite brave... Your an interesting one, but where to put you... Slytherin would help you with your ambition. You'd do well in Ravenclaw.. You're loyal and kind enough to be Hufflepuff... But your bravery.. Hm it better be...." Lizzy took a deep breath, terrified of the word the sorting hat was about to say. "GRIFFINDOR!!" Lizzy smiled greatly as the Gryffindor table erupted in applause. The sorting hat was taken off her head as she quickly walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat down at it.

Last edited:
𝒦𝒶𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓇𝑜𝓋 🐁

43557c493355c921d9b8c41e5a7b8139.jpg

ca806f7016c2d3403a1240b466bcfa5cdbd3d958.jpg

tumblr_pys4o5lbi21y5gojio1_640.jpg

⋱ Sun dazzled in through the window of Kasmirov's second floor bedroom at the Hog's Head Inn. It was enough to dazzle him awake and he squawked happily, throwing off the covers and running through the bathroom that connected his and his sister's small bedrooms. She was already awake, reading at her seat by the window, as her younger brother burst through and jumped on her bed. "It's finally today! I'm so excited!"
⋱ Jo didn't look up from her book, but held some amusement nonetheless. "It certainly is. I'm happy you're happy, but Mrs. Flume had me at 'Duke's all weekend to help. Lots of treats to package for the owls for dorm-warming gifts..." she trailed off, marking her place so she could look at her rowdy brother.
"What're you trying to say?" he quipped, losing some momentum as he slowed down his rolling over her sheets.
"Unforunately, I'm saying I'm not quite finished with my summer holiday reading. Should be done soon. Train won't get here until around 5:30, so why don't you run downstairs and give Ab a hand with breakfast while I finish up here?"
⋱ He groaned in response, but dutifully trudged out of the room. Homework during the summer? He wasn't looking forward to that. At least he had almost a whole year before he had to worry about that!

⋱ Kasmirov spent the morning with their innkeeper and friend, Aberforth, not helping so much as becoming a hidrance in the serving area. By noontime, plenty of older witches and wizards were appearing, crowding into the inn. Aberforth mentioned that every year, there was always a handful of parents that apparated or Floo'd to Hogsmeade after having sent off their children on the Hogswarts Express because they were worried about them—insistent on being near if an owl was sent their way with any signs of trouble. Kas didn't quite understand it.
⋱ After having spent the day with Aberforth, he grew more and more impatient. Ab was too busy helping guests (and quite peeved about it), Joan was still reading. He returned to his room, fiddled with his luggage; pulled out his pet rat, Ruby, letting her scamper up and down his arms and shoulders. When Joan finally meandered in, he was upside down, shoulders and head on the floor, legs hanging onto the mattress of his bed, Ruby sitting patiently on his forehead. "Mmm, 'suppose it's about that time, eh?"

⋱ Hogsmeade was the last stop for the Hogwarts Express. As students disembarked at the station, Kas was practically bouncing in his uniform. (It was used, but just a few stitch-fixes done up by Jo and they were good as new.) It took all of his perseverence not to run up to groups and talk, but he knew he had to wait for instructions. A large bearded man—probably Hagrid if he remembered correctly—called the First Years over, voice booming. "First-years! Follow me! Time ta board the boats!.. Tha's it! This way!" Kas looked frantically for Joan, head nearly spinning off his head. Further away, almost blending in amongst the other older students preparing to board the Carriages, she caught his anxiety-ridden eyes. She only made an apologetic grimace, mouthing a heartfelt "sorry" before sluicing off towards her own destination.
⋱ Kas was the last First-Year to board the boats, gripping the edges until his knuckles turned white. His two classmates sat on the plank in front, too engrossed in the excitement of crossing and getting into view of the castle to notice how his face was ghostly pale, teeth grit so hard that it was astounding he didn't chip a tooth. Kasmirov stared at their backs the entire way until they were docked, then bolted out, nearly trampling his peers. As soon as he met dry land, he crouched on all fours, retching onto the cold, damp dirt. He heard a few shrieks of digust and a bit of laughter from further away and his skin felt more clammy. 'Well, it'll leave a lasting impression, at least... Maybe not one I want.'
⋱ Thankfully, he didn't get his uniform dirty, and after a thorough wipe-down from the hankerchief Hagrid generously provided (along with a walloping pat on the back that nearly had him planted face-first in his own sick), Kas managed to gather himself enough to follow after the group, if at a miserably slow and defeated pace. Still a bit shaken up, it took him until they entered the castle courtyard before his energy returned to normal and the excitement of everything welled in him again. The tall, bespeckled woman at the top of the first set of stairs greeted them, if with a severe look. After a moment, he recognized that it was Professor McGonagall, taking note of her cat-like eyes. He remembered seeing her have tea with Aberforth and Joan before, which Joan wrote off merely as something of a school meeting. He figured he'd have a similar arrangement with Joan not being his legal guardian, but he didn't think he'd be able to have tea with her! That sounded needlessly stressful.
⋱ Finally, after everyone herded in, and the First-Years settled at the front of the Great Hall, past the tables filled with all of their upperclassmen, Kas felt a knot of nerves form in his stomach—though the severity paled in comparison to that of his gut-wrenching experience on the lake just a bit earlier. Soon, after the Headmistress finishing a short speech, they pulled out the infamous hat, the folds of it crinkling into a warped face. One by one, students went up to be sorted into their respective houses. Sara Alcott, Ravenclaw. Chase Crosby, Gryffindor. Kirian Cyrus, Hufflepuff. Marek Eris, Hufflepuff. Elizabeth Hawksley... No, not here. McGonagall seemed a bit disgruntled at that, making eye-contact with another professor who nodded wrote a note that was promptly swept off by an owl as the headmistress read on and the Sorting Hat continued to heckle and categorize. Piper Lewis, Gryffindor. Titus Marius, Slytherin. Kasmirov Nees...
⋱ Kas realized his name had to be called a second time, McGonagall's voice a bit more terse. He was staring down the tables' themes. Red, Gold, Blue, Green... 'Gold is such a nice color, so warm and inviting. I should paint with it more, I think.' He was in a daze, watching all the other students join their tables that he didn't remember he was next in the alphabet. He jolted forward and nearly tipped over the stool while clambering on before the hat plopped on his head. It immediately called him out: "Hmm... You're still thinking about the color you get?.. Well, ought to be HUFFLEPUFF!" He saw much of his house laughing as they clapped. Kas blushed brightly as he grinned, finding his uniform had magically fitted him with... yeah, the colors. He flopped onto the closest part of the bench as the remaining few students were sorted, watching them with more ease now that he was no longer on that stool of despair.
⋱ Finnley Sixsmith, Ravenclaw. Ivy Walker, Gryffindor. And finally, Grace Walsh, allocated to Slytherin.
⋱ After everyone settled, Professor McGonagall congratulated them and announced that the feast was to begin. Kas wasn't a stranger to magic in general, but it felt like an extra exciting treat for the food to appear out of thin air, courtesy of the House Elves. He immediately tucked in and knew he wanted to share his enthusiasm. He looked for Joan, sitting on the other side of the Ravenclaws at Slytherin table, but she was much further down the line and he couldn't get a good view. He looked at his two new housemates. What were their names? He was good with names... Kirian and Marek? He looked at the two boys closest to him, as they were all crowded at the end of the table, closest where they had been standing at the steps by the Headmistress' podium. "Well, that was a bloody riot. Didn't think it'd go that way, but I also didn't really have an idea where it'd put me." He grinned, fork stabbed through a large slice of candied apple that he quickly maneuvered to his plate, along with a few other sugary morsels. "So, eh, you're Kirian and Marek, right? I'm Kasmirov, go by Kas, and I guess I'm a Hufflepuff." He extended his hand to them one at a time, swiftly pulling up his dress robe's sleeve before it got sticky while drooping down onto his plate. "Did you guys figure you'd be placed here?"
⋱ Kas noticed other students moving around to other tables, some bringing their plates with them during their migration. He'd have time to meet up with Joan in a bit, but he figured he'd cozy up to his new crew first.

MENTIONED:
saxon saxon meepster meepster

Last edited:
IVY WALKER
Mentions: Lucipurr Lucipurr

The sound of excited chatter and the clash of cutlery on full plates consumed the space around Ivy's ears as she sat amongst her fellow housemates at the Gryffindor table. Plates piled high with all manner of food stretched from one end of the table to the other. All around her students began to acquaint themselves with one another, talking excitedly and loudly amongst themselves. Ivy smiled widely, completely swept up in the jovial atmosphere of the hall and the fact that she was finally enrolled at Hogwarts, she felt that her whole life had led to this moment. Her thoughts turned back to the events of her sorting, Ivy was still confused as to how she had been sorted in to Gryffindor so quickly, the inner workings of the Sorting Hat seemed to be a mystery to most people. Was it just so obvious that she belonged in Gryffindor? Or had something gone wrong?

Ivy's anxieties over her sorting quickly faded away as the smell of the delicious feast found it's way to her nose. She almost didn't notice that her mouth began to water in anticipation, that was until she felt the loud grumble of her empty stomach. If it wasn't for the loud chatter of students that consumed the Great Hall, Ivy was sure that her grumbling stomach would of been heard at all four tables.

The young first year soon had her plate piled with all manner of delicious food that the wizarding world had to offer. It almost proved to be a problem when a young boy across from struck up an idle conversation. Ivy skillfully managed to time when to speak, in between her relentless efforts to shovel food in to her mouth. A talent of her perhaps. Soon the noise of the Great Hall drowned out the sound of the boy's voice. Ivy nodded and smiled as if she was following the inaudible conversation until her fellow student turned to speak to someone else.

Ivy sighed, her first interaction with a student had not gone as planned, barely able to remember a word he had spoken. Her eye's wandered to the ceiling above her as she examined the magical candles that floated so seamlessly above all their heads. How do they not drip wax!?!.

"How are you able to smile so much? It's obnoxious."

Ivy was jolted from her day dreaming once more as a sharp voice pierced her ear. Her eye's drifted from the magical candles to the student that was seated beside her. The first thing Ivy noticed about the girl was her long curly hair that seemed to flow like a river tangled of gold over the girls shoulders. However, Ivy had been caught somewhat off guard by the girl's tone, as could be seen for a brieft moment by the expression on her face, the wide smile that had been plastered on her face since King's Cross faltered for a moment as she blinked stupidly.

The confusion only lasted a moment before a smile returned Ivy's face. "It feels far better than frowning, don't you think?" Ivy replied with a smirk. "Piper, is it? I'm Ivy, Ivy Walker". Yes, that's it, Ivy remembered watching Piper getting sorted, her long blonde curls had stood out to Ivy, as well as the unamused look on her face, which had not gone away as Ivy spoke to her.

Ivy shifted closer to Piper, her eye's glancing at the hamburger in her hand. Ivy found it interesting, and rather amusing, that the girl seemed to not be interested or bewildered in the slightest by their introduction to Hogwarts. A trait that she oddly found appealing, though it was near the exact opposite of Ivy herself. "What's not to smile about?-" she whispered in an excited tone "We're finally here! Hogwarts! We finally get to learn magic-" She paused for a moment in thought "Like, wouldn't it be so cool to learn how those candles float?" She pointed to the ceiling she had been looking at just moments ago "Perhaps we'll get to do it ourselves! I've heard that there's spell that light an entire room instantly and even freeze someone like a stone!" Ivy briefly paused to catch her breath "And potions!" She leaned forward to whisper in Piper's ear "I heard that there's a potion that can make someone fall in looooove with you" She giggled as she spoke, being 11, she still found the word love to be funny.

"And Quidditch, how can you not be excited about Quidditch?!" Ivy rambled excitedly before stopping to hear Piper's response, hoping she had not overwhelmed the poor girl with her own excitement.

Lizzy Hawksley

When Lizzy sat down with the others she spotted the two girls, one quite talkative, the other ignoring her. She continued to look around the table, there were so many Gryffindor's! She really wasn't big on having lots of friends, only a few close ones was all she needed. Looking farther down the table she also saw a brown haired boy, he was staring intently at the Slytherin table.

Then she looked around at the other tables, her gaze resting on a few boys, a loud bunch, talking, laughing. The down side of not being here the first day was not knowing any of her fellow first years names. This would mean making any friends would be difficult. But she was muggle born anyway so why would it matter? The people here must not like muggles, maybe she could find other muggle borns to be friends with? No, she doubted anyone would want to be friends with here in the first place.

Looking back to her own table she returned her gaze to the talkative girl, the girl looked familiar. Lizzy thought for a second, she debated asking the girl her name but was to shy to do so. Before long she was staring at the girl, who? Who was she? Getting another glimpse of the girls face it clicked, a Walker! Lizzy had read about Edward Walker in a book about Quidditch. He had been the best seeker of his time, and no doubt passed his abilities on to his daughter.

Lizzy began to fill her plate with food, it was amazing how much was there! She had read in Hogwarts, a History, that house elves were below the table preparing the food and were sending to up to the great hall by magical means. Trying to pluck up the courage to say something to the girl, Lizzy filled her plate and sat it back down on the table.

"Hello! I'm Elizabeth, Elizabeth Rose Hawksley, but you can call me Lizzy." She smiled at her two fellow first years, hoping she didn't mess up her first impression. She had read a book, Things Your Mother Should Have Taught You. There was an entire chapter on it, she couldn't have messed it up.

Mentions:
Ivy Walker - Asua Asua
Piper Lewis - Lucipurr Lucipurr
Chase Crosby - Edric Blight Edric Blight

Last edited:
Piper Lewis
First Year - Great Hall
Mentions: Ivy / Asua Asua
Lizzy / Sunfall27 Sunfall27

There were three thoughts muddling Piper's mind. One, she still couldn't figure out the inner workings of the sorting hat, and therefore gave up on it. Two, the hamburger made her reminiscence on home but she tried to ignore it. Three, how could she get revenge on her parents- her top priority. Her transition into Hogwarts was unlike most students. She wasn't excited, she wasn't happy, and she sure wasn't interested in magic. Okay, that last part was a lie but that wasn't her concern right now. Piper grew up under the impression that lying was bad, yet her parents continued to lie about her upbringing! Those hypocrites (what did that word mean? Piper had heard her mom say it, it must've been bad)! She planned to get revenge on her parents one way or another, maybe she could catch their hair on fire? No, too dangerous. Maybe she could summon a ghost to haunt them! Was that possible, it had to b-

Piper was rudely interrupted by Ivy Walker. For a brief second, the girl was so lost in thought that she had forgotten who Ivy was, but she quickly remembered the comment she made earlier about her smiling. There was a pause and then a small blush decorated the girl's cheeks. Ivy had heard her remark amongst the chattering of students. This was a problem, curse her loud mouth! "Well," Piper took a moment to think, "What's so cool about this place anyways! There's creepy headless ghosts, weird-looking goblin things, and that!" Piper pointed to her right where a student and his giant toad sat. "Who let's ugly toads sit at the dinner table?!" The more Piper tried to defend her statement, the redder she got. Piper was opinionated, blunt, and terrible at expressing herself.

Before she could continue, Ivy had whispered something into her ear about love potions and Piper lost it. Her face matched the shade of ketchup on her burger. "L-Love potion?! Ew! That's so gross, who would even do that!" Piper pushed Ivy away in a joking manner. After taking a moment to collect herself, practicing the breathing exercises her mother (still mad at her!) showed her, Piper continued. "A-anyways, I don't see why everyone is so excited. What even is 'quit-ditch'?? It sounds lame."

In the background, another younger student greeted them. Lizzy Hawksley was it? She didn't remember seeing a Lizzy at the sorting ceremony, but then again, Piper didn't pay attention to most of it. She was too busy questioning the hat and the legality of the school. The girl's vibrant ginger hair and deep blue eyes intrigued her. Ahh! Lizzy was a late student. But didn't they strictly state that anyone who missed the train was out of luck? Piper remembers her parents arguing over that... maybe this girl was special? But then, according to Piper's logic, Ivy was also special. Was everyone here special?!

"Hello." Piper muttered, not too interested in a conversation. She did it out of politeness more than anything, it's rude to ignore someone.

Exodious Ta'Xet
Mentions: Edric Blight Edric Blight

The boy walked into the large dining hall, watching as the other students were being placed at their tables, and listened to the many voices talking. "Ta'Xet, Exodious! Ta'Xet, Exodious!" A woman called out to the large hall as things went silent, it was obvious that when this woman spoke it was expected that she be listened to. Exodious walked up to the podium where a large man, whom was taller than he, was holding a hat that seemed to have a human-like expression on it. As Exodious sat down he felt the hat be roughly placed on top of his head, hearing it making a grunting sound, "Hmm, I see. You have the traits of both a Slytherin and a Gryffindor! You are Determined, Much like that of the Slytherin himself! But you are sneaky and manipulative. Not very wanted by those who choose to be around you young child. Though it depends on how you use these traits, Does it not Slytherin!?" The hat stopped as all of Slytherin cheered,
"AYY!! But what's this? The heart of a lion lurks in you, Waiting to pounce on the prey it has been longing to catch for so oh so long! The loyalty inside of you shines bright. Like that of a lantern in the middle of a snowstorms darkness. Your stubbornness does not allow you to quit, one of your many downfalls, but your bravery counteracts that, much like any good Gryffindor. AYY!?" The hat paused once again to allow Gryffindor to cheer, "This will be a tough one... Hmmm... I would love to have seen how far you would have gone as a Slytherin, young one, Allas, I must go with the way of the Founders teachings and say!.. GRYFFINDOR!!!!" The hat yelled out as Gryffindor rose their glasses to their new member. The new Gryffindor walked to the Gryffindor table.

The young Gryffindor looked around the large dining hall, Noticing that one of the new students was being picked on by an older student, a Slytherin boy, who seemed to have some sort of familiarity with the new student, No matter, what he was doing was wrong, But all Exodious could do was watch as the boy got roughed up, nothing could be done. As the new student sat down Exodious looked him over and smiled,
"Hi there, I'm Exodious. What's your name?" Exodious asked with a bright smile, "I saw that kid roughing you up. Look, Don't let people mess with you. If you do, they'll just keep coming back for more, because they know you won't stop them, they see you as an easy target, they treat you like an easy target, badda-bang badda-boom." The young man said, "Forgive me, I have read a lot on psychology." He added.

Finnley Sixsmith

LB8f87.gif

Finnley had the rest of the sorting ceremony to try and calm his nerves. He wasn't exactly successful, but by the time it ended, the boy was so ravenously hungry that he scarely even cared to worry much about all the first impressions he'd bungled thus far, and the many more yet to come. So when the ceremony finally ended and a massive spread of fantastic-looking food appeared right before his eyes, he did like the rest of the students and dug in poste-haste.

All of the food tasted even better than it looked, and Finn was so busy stuffing his face that he barely noticed someone addressing him. It was the brunette girl seated beside him with a friendly hello, and she promptly launched into a chatty diatribe about how they actually knew each other outside of this place.

The surreal experience of being at Hogwarts was so disorienting thus far, it took Finn a moment to recognize the girl's face, and process her words. Sure enough, it all came back to him quickly. There was no doubt about it, Sara Alcott was a classmate back home at muggle school. How could he forget that group assignment? Sara had somehow managed to accidentally set their diorama on fire. The rest of the group was pissed, and Finn now regretted not saying anything to reassure the girl that it was okay, and no harm was done. At the time, he was just glad it wasn't him that almost ruined the group project and incurred the ire of his classmates. He didn't need any more of it.

"H-hi! I remember," was all the boy managed to get in edgewise. He smiled as Sara continued chattering on a mile a minute, shyly glancing away from her crystal blue gaze every so often, as if the intensity of her friendly yet piercing stare was just a bit too overwhelming for him. But Finn was so happy to see a familiar face from back home that it far outweighed his anxiety over talking to a new person, a girl no less. It helped that she was so friendly, much unlike the interactions with his peers that he was used to; either total indifference or outright hostility. It was the first time that someone outside of his family seemed genuinely happy to see him.

"Oh no no, it's okay," Finn chuckled softly at Sara chiding herself after letting slip she occasionally used to cheat off of him in class. "Uh...glad I could help?" He offered, absently adjusting his glasses.

Sara: tamarapasek tamarapasek

Chase Crosby

DACD5816-B9A5-4CFE-97A9-AB2CBBF00E03.gif
He was Chase Crosby, son of Andrew Crosby! Was he really going to let his awful older brother get his spirits down? He couldn’t, that much he knew. How embarrassing would it be that Chase deep down inside wanted to cry? No, he couldn’t cry. He was a Crosby, and Crosby’s didn’t cry. But still, the first year and newly sorted Chase Crosby dragged his sorry little ass back to the Gryffindor table and took a seat. He sat down at the table, no where special in particular, hoping no one has seen the little exchange between him and his older brother Thomas.

But as Chase rejoined his fellow Gryffindors at their house’s table, he heard a boy next to him begin to talk, introducing himself. Chase raised an eyebrow, not expecting anyone to talk to him as he turned his head to the boy next to him, who had introduced himself as Exodious. Crosby’s eyes widened a bit as he raised his eyebrows when the boy went on. Seemingly, this Exodious kid HAD seen what went down between him and Tom. Great, Chase thought, just what he needed- some kid thinking he was a pussy who couldn’t stand up for himself.

Chase just frowned and sighed when the young man beside him had finished speaking. He seemed to be wide eyed and eager, clearly no younger nor older than Chase- must have been a new Gryffindor and a first year like him.
“Listen kid, I appreciate the advice but I’m quite alright.” Chase informed him. “It was just my lame older brother… nothing to worry about…. He’s just an asshat because he thinks he owns the bloody school just because he’s Slytherin’s star seeker and all that garbage,” said Chase in a mocking tone, adding an eye roll to accompany his words. “Just stupid sibling drama. I can fend for myself,” he said. “Chase, by the way. Chase Crosby,” said the boy, realizing he had never said his name to Exodious.

Exodious: FROSTBITE4395 FROSTBITE4395

As classes started the next few weeks flew for some, dragged for others. Most of the students were doing quite well in their classes. They were staying, for the most part, out of trouble. The first years had quickly adjusted to their new lives, each slipping into routine. All in all it had been two weeks and the houses were now having their Quidditch tryouts. Of course, the captains of each team argued about who would get the pitch first, ending with the Headmistress having to intervene. A coin was flipped to decide, the times and order was announced in the Great Hall as well as posted in each house common room.

Quidditch tryouts will be held on September 15, the times for each house is posted below. All students are encouraged to attend the tryouts, even if they are not participating.

Gryffindor: 9:00-10:30
Slytherin: 10:30-12:00
Ravenclaw: 12:00-1:30
Hufflepuff: 1:30-3:00

Notice: If you were on your house team last year you are still required to tryout.

Grace Walsh
Grace was having so much fun in these past few weeks. She made friends, got to know her professors, and she was doing great in her studies. She wondered if her parents and if... she, had this much fun in their first year. It was a normal day as Grace was walking down the corridors, books in hand as she was making her way to her common room. She was pretty much done with most of her classwork and all her classes for the day were finished.

As she stepped into the Slytherin common room, it wasn't completely empty. Some people greeted her and made small talk, it seems that the name Grace Walsh spread everywhere in Slytherin, it was like everyone in the house practically knew her. Wrapping up a conversation about charms class, she noticed something posted on the wall. Excusing herself, she placed her books on a desk and walked over to the announcement stuck to the wall. As she read it, she took note of the dates and the times carefully.

Quidditch tryouts. Just thinking of it brought a small smile to her face, not because she was particular about try out of the Slytherin team, but because of one brunette boy that kept invading her thoughts. She remembered Chase Crosby said that he'd try out and make the Gryffindor team this year, so that means he'd definitely be at the try outs. Grace set her mind on attending, just to watch and maybe get some school work done. But she knew she wanted to talk to Chase before the try outs started. They talked in the hallways whenever they saw each other but she didn't get much time to actually talk to him for a long time, now could be the time.

Day of Try Outs
Since Gryffindor was up first on the pitch, Grace decided to get there earlier than the suggested time. A satchel was slung over her shoulder, it had all her left over classwork in it. 'Might as well also try to be productive there.' She thought to herself when she was packing her satchel. But now, she tried to keep an eye out for Chase, wondering if he was even here yet. Once she spotted him though, she ran up to him and tried to grab his attention, though that was a bit difficult with all the Quidditch players on the pitch, talking and practicing, Grace was nervous a broom, a Bludger, or even a person could hit her at any moment.

Chase Crosby

FDA28B2F-B829-440A-B8C6-B8C4F504F6A6.gif
What a first few weeks it had been for the new young Gryffindor, Chase Andrew Crosby. While he certainly wasn’t at the top of his classes, he was getting by pretty well- in fact, much better than he had even thought he ever would. But of course, Chase EXCELLED in Flying Class. The boy quickly established himself as one of the best if not THE very best broom flyer in the first year class. Unfortunately though, as for his other classes, he was either average at them or below average and sub par at best. Still, Chase hadn’t been miserable at Hogwarts too much yet.

But finally, today was the day. Finally, it was the day of Quidditch trials. This meant that the wait was over and Chase could try out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team- his dream. He hoped to follow in his father’s footsteps and be a rare case, making the team as only a first year. It wasn’t typical that first years who tried out even had a chance at getting on the roster, but it had been done before. Two notable people that Chase knew of that had pulled off the difficult feat were none other than his own blood relatives- Andrew Crosby, his father, and Thomas Crosby, his older brother for Slytherin.

Speaking of his older brother, Thomas, Chase luckily didn’t seem to encounter the third year Slytherin who looked strikingly similar to himself. Of course, Thomas wouldn’t want to be seen with his “lame baby brother.” He was the captain and star seeker of the Slytherin Quidditch team, wildly popular and had girls flocking to him at his side. It was cliche, almost gag inducing to Chase, but of course the cocky third year soaked it in and LOVED every minute of attention he got. Chase had a few friends here and there, but he was no where near the popularity levels of his older brother, and for that he secretly envied Thomas.

But Chase was too excited to think of any of that today. It was September 15th, the day of Quidditch trials at Hogwarts. It looked like Gryffindor’s tryouts were up first. Of course, Chase’s brother Thomas, the arrogant captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team, had tried to fight to get his house the rights to conduct their trials first on the pitch, but fighting between the captains of all four houses eventually led to McGonogall just deciding for all of them based on a random order. Gryffindor had luck of the draw- they were up first, and that meant Chase was ready to go early in the morning. It was like he was waiting for this moment ever since he was a littler kid.

With a large grin that couldn’t seem to be wiped off of the young first year boy’s face if you tried, he grabbed his fancy Firebolt broom and ran down to the Quidditch pitch. Yes, he was here for him and his family’s legacy, but he also had something to prove, a certain somebody to show off to. A lovely lady that Chase had seemingly fallen in love at first sight with- Grace Walsh of the Slytherin house. Was it a silly 11 year old crush? Yes maybe, but Chase still got butterflies in his tummy every time he saw the red haired female. Right now though, Chase had butterflies in his stomach- nerves for tryouts this morning.

With an anxious feeling in his belly but also one of excitement, Chase ran down to the Quidditch pitch. As for him and Grace, they had still remained in contact with each other. They shared a few classes together and of course they didn’t really talk there as they mostly were expected to stick with conversing with their own housemates, as a Slytherin and Gryffindor friendship might be a little bit of a cause for some people to frown upon. But Chase and Grace still managed to talk with each other and maintain a healthy blooming friendship, many times catching up with each other in the halls. Of course Chase would sometimes try to flirt with Grace and many times he’d be reduced to a blushing mess when Grace would talk to him and even flirt back. But Grace certainly always remained on the brown haired Gryffindor’s mind.

Now today was his chance to prove himself, to everyone. To Hogwarts, to his father, to his brother, to his house, and of course, Grace Walsh. Chase could see many Gryffindors and even some Slytherins waiting for their time slot gathering at the pitch. Chase grinned eagerly, trying not to think about his churning anxious stomach and the butterflies. Gryffindor’s team captain was there, along with many returning team members and it seemed like one other first year, as it wasn’t typical too many first years even attempted to try out.

There were a good chunk of second and third year Gryffindors who were clearly trying out for the team for the first time. Of course there were also the few ambitious Slytherin athletes, waiting their turn to use the Quidditch pitch for their trials during their slotted time. Chase tried not to pay it too much attention, but his asshole of a brother, Thomas Crosby, was there, wearing his emerald green Slytherin robes proudly as he talked with a few of his presumably old teammates and laughed. He wore his classic arrogant smirk as he seemed to puff out his chest like he always did. He was surrounded by a circle of Slytherin boy players who seemed to smirk and laugh at whatever the hell he was saying. But Chase didn’t care…

He had to focus on him, not his older brother. Although it was a bit of a shame Thomas would be there for the trials. He was probably there early to mock him, Chase thought. But in reality he did have a duty as the captain of the team to be there a little early. Speaking of early Slytherins, there were also a good chunk of Slytherin spectators, those not trying out for the team, who had showed up early. There were mostly Gryffindor spectators of course for the Gryffindor trials, but some Slytherins were there a bit early, including a very special Slytherin to Chase- Grace Walsh.

It was Grace who spotted Chase down at the Quidditch pitch first. The boy was in a large crowd of Gryffindor spectators and players alike, as well as some hopeful new try outs for the team. Chase widened his eyes and grinned as he eventually caught sight of a familiar looking first year female in Slytherin robes running up to him trying to get his attention. The Crosby boy felt his heart flutter as he saw the red head approaching him. He was sure glad she had actually remembered he was trying out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team and that she was presumably here to watch him try out and to support him.

Chase grinned as he finally met up with the Slytherin girl in the large crowd of Gryffindor players and spectators down at the Quidditch pitch just before Gryffindor trials were set to begin. Crosby proudly held his fancy new state of the art Firebolt broom that his father had purchased him. He did come from a pure blood family that wasn’t filthy rich, but certainly well off. His father Andrew had given Chase the broom as a present for his 11th birthday. It was now the boy’s prized possession, seemingly the love and pride and joy of his life.

“Grace!” the boy called over to her as they both headed towards each other, “You made it! I’m so glad you came!” said the smiling boy as they met up and were now in normal conversational distance. The brown eyed Gryffindor boy grinned from ear to ear, the sight of Grace seemingly brightening his day by ten fold, but also making him feel the butterflies in his stomach even more as well as his heart fluttering. He held onto his fancy state of the art new Firebolt broom proudly as he looked back at the girl.

Lizzy Hawksley

Lizzy had been in the common room when one of the prefects posted the Quidditch tryouts times. She had to fight her way through the crowd to get a look at it. Gryffindor would have the pitch first, didn't surprise her, their current captain was very good at negotiation. The Slytherin's, sadly were next, meaning without a doubt there would be some in the stands.

Even though she didn't like Quidditch much, Lizzy decided that she would attend the tryouts in support of her house. She also decided to pick up some books from the library on Quidditch. After charms she went into the library, "Quidam, quidditivaive, quidditch!" Lizzy flinched at the loud "Shhhhhhhhh" from the librarian. She checked out several books, including, A Snitch In Time, Beating the Bludgers- A Study of Defensive Strategies in Quidditch, Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland,  and Quidditch Through the Ages.

September 15th rolled around fast, Lizzy got up a bit early since the tryouts were in the morning. After grabbing a quick breakfast from the Great Hall she grabbed her scarf and her robes from her dorm. She also put all her Quidditch books in her school back, slinging it over her shoulder.

Lizzy began the walk to the pitch, nose deep in Quidditch Through the Ages.
There was a large crowed at the pitch, not to her liking. She even saw several green robes among the mass of red and gold. to her surprise there were a few smaller kids, most likely first years trying out. Sulking up the steps, Lizzy found a spot towards the top to watch the tryouts. Even if she wasn't going to pay much attention she still wanted a good seat.

Grace Walsh
"I wouldn't miss this for anything, Chase!" She said excited when she finally spotted him and they were finally able to talk normally. Grace could see the young boy was grinning happily, it was either because he loved Quidditch this much or he was happy to see her, or both. But aside from the handsome boy in front of her with his grinning face and seemingly confident stance, something else caught her eye. "Firebolt, right? The uh... newest one? Those can be pretty expensive right?" She guessed with a hesitant tone. She wasn't all too sure about her answer, but she read about some brooms and the rules of quidditch, it was mostly to impress Chase.

But Grace remembered the actual reason she came here earlier than the actual try out time. "Chase I just wanted to say good luck for the try outs. Though I know you'll do amazing anyway, I've seen you in flying class, I was that good at flying. I'm very much a mess when you get me on a broom." She tried to boost his confidence before the match.

They talked for a bit before someone called out that the Gryffindor quidditch tryouts would start soon and that all people who weren't trying out for the Gryffindor team should stay off the pitch. Grace grabbed one of Chase's hands and clasped it in both of hers and said encouragingly. "Crosby, you'll do great, I know you will. I'll be watching you. Good luck!" She placed a quick kiss on his cheek when she was sure no one was looking or paying attention to them.

With that she waved bye to the young Crosby as she made her way to the stands. Finding a good spot to sit in, she placed her satchel down beside her as she took a seat. She pulled out a book to read to pass the time to wait for Chase to get his turn, but if she gets too immersed, Chase might have to do something to grab her attention.

Chase Crosby

0C3C1F35-9F36-49EF-BC26-A2A14F77A1C4.gif

Chase raised his eyebrows and grinned, happy to hear that Grace would say such a thing and that she wouldn’t miss his tryouts for the world. He then looked at his fancy new expensive Firebolt broom he was holding as she mentioned it. He was proud to own the latest and fastest broom. But she was right for sure- it was quite expensive. His father certainly had the money for it. They were pure blood but also well off financially. The boy nodded and smiled shyly as she mentioned his Firebolt broom. “Heh yea, that’s a Firebolt alright,” he confirmed for her. “Father got it for me as a gift for my last birthday,” he told her. “And yea, they are pretty expensive,” said the youngest Crosby boy with a shy shrug.

His eyes slowly widened as the girl began to wish him good luck and stared how much she knew he was going to do well during his Quidditch trials. Her words were touching and of course, this caused Chase to blush PROFUSELY. He mustered up a smile and a nod as he looked back at her.
“Th- thank you, Grace, I- I really do appreciate it,” he said softly and shyly.

The two hopeless romantics talked a bit more, Chase smiling shyly as he did so. He enjoyed talking to her and certainly loved that it gave him a chance to look at her even more. He seemed to study and notice her beauty in the back of his mind as they talked with each other. Soon, it looked that Gryffindor tryouts were getting officially underway. Chase raised his eyebrows and looked back, turning his head. But he stopped and widened his eyes as he felt his hand being grabbed and placed into another set of hands. He quickly turned around and blushed a bit as he saw it was Grace. He looked back at her with wide eyes as she bud him good bye and good luck. What she did next seemed to absolutely melt the young Crosby boy.

Grace had placed a gentle kiss on the side of his cheek once she was sure no one was looking. This of course caused Chase’s eyes to widen, his heart rate to sky rocket, and his face to blush a very profound shade of red, as bright as a tomato. He was left star struck and speechless. He couldn’t muster a goodbye back but did give her a very weak wave as she waved him goodbye and went off to the stands. Chase Crosby couldn’t believe it- she had kissed him! Sure it was small, but it was still a kiss! He had to be in heaven he told himself as he felt his knees become very weak.

Suddenly, once Grace had left, Chase slowly fell backwards, almost fainting it seemed. He landed on the ground with a grunt as he stared up at the sky, dazed and love struck. He must have been there for about two or three minutes on the ground until a boy wearing crimson colored Gryffindor Quidditch robes stood above Chase, looking down at him, confused.
“Hey! Hey buddy! Hello? Anyone there?” this boy in the Gryffindor Quidditch robes asked. He looked to be much older than Chase, maybe 15- a fifth year Gryffindor student. When the older boy heard no response from Chase, he bent down and snapped loudly in front of Chase’s face. “Hey! Wake up!” the boy shouted. Suddenly, Chase’s eyes widened as he sat up straight. “Huh? What? I- I’m fine I’m fine! I promise!” Chase said quickly as he got up. The older fifth year Gryffindor boy just looked at Chase oddly.

“You don’t seem fine little buddy. Say, need a hand?” the Gryffindor asked as he extended a hand out to Chase, who was now sitting up and on the ground. Chase just gulped and nodded, taking the boy’s hand as the fifth year helped him up. “Erm, thanks mate,” said Chase softly as the boy helped him up. “Say, what’s your name little dude?” the older boy asked him. “I’m Mitchell. Mitchell Markstrom, the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team,” the fifth year informed him. This information caused Chase’s eyes to widen. So THIS was his team captain? Or at least, hopeful FUTURE team captain.

“Ch- Chase, Chase Crosby, sir,” the first year Crosby boy had replied. Mitchell just smiled and nodded, letting out a little chuckle as he extended his hand out for a handshake. Chase took it and shook the captain’s hand. “Nice to meet you there Mr. Chase Crosby,” said Mitchell with a friendly smile. “M- much obliged, sir,” replied Chase respectfully. This just caused Mitchell to laugh a bit and shake his head. “Oh you can drop the sir shit with me. I don’t make anyone call me sir like Slytherin’s captain,” said Mitchell with a grin. “Hell, you can just call me Mitch.” said the captain. Chase just nodded. And damn, did his brother make his players call him “sir?” Was Thomas really that full of himself.

“You look like you’d be a good athlete. I take it you’re here to try out for Gryffindor Quidditch trials little buddy?” Mitch asked. Chase just nodded his head very quickly in response to this question from the Gryffindor captain. Mitchell then furrowed his eyebrows and smirked, “Say… you look familiar little guy… d- do you happen to have a sibling?” Mitchell asked. This caused Chase’s eyes to widen as he gulped nervously. Oh no, did he know he was the little brother of Slytherin’s captain, Thomas Crosby? Chase just frowned and wore a worried expression on his face as he nodded. “Y- yes, I do,” replied the youngest Crosby boy.

Mitch grinned,
“Ah I knew it! That last name is familiar, unfortunately though for both good and bad reasons,” said the captain. “Your father was once a great Gryffindor seeker and even our captain for a while back in the day, eh? Andrew Crosby. Hell you look just like he did when he was 11 from all the old pictures in the Quidditch yearbooks and records,” pointed out Mitchell. Chase was certainly aware of how strikingly similar he looked to his father when he was his age. “Plus I must admit, you look like a damn near splitting image to Slytherin’s captain, that Thomas Crosby,” said Mitch, causing Chase to cringe internally. “No offense, but your big bro is a bit of a prick,” chuckled Mitch, “Guy’s full of himself and encourages dirty play on his team. Sorry… I probably shouldn’t be saying this to his little brother,” said Mitch with a frown. Chase just shook his head and closed his eyes. “N- no it’s ok. I know, he’s a bit of an ass,” said Chase, causing Mitchell to breathe a sigh of relief.

“So Chase, what position were you hoping to try out for?” Mitch asked. “Seeker! It’s been my dream since I was a little boy!” Chase revealed. Mitch just chuckled, “Since you were a little boy, eh? Well looks to me like you still are!” chuckled the captain, looking at the much shorter and youthful first year boy standing before him. “Nah I’m just messing with you. Well, should’ve expected you’d want to follow in your father’s footsteps,” said Mitch. “Well it so happens our previous seeker just graduated and we need someone to take his spot,” the captain informed him. Chase’s eyebrows raised with interest now. “You’re a first year, right? I mean you look like a little baby- n- not that it’s a bad thing, but man, you’re young. But hell I used to be that young, so youthful, so innocent. I had that same eager look of wide eyed wonder. I personally play Chaser so it wasn’t as hard a position to get, but I also tried out my first year. Was one of like only two first years to make the Gryffindor team,” said Mitch. Chase just nodded slowly, “Y- yes, I am a first year. I know it’s hard and first years rarely make the team, but I really REALLY want to do this,” said Chase.

Mitchell smiled,
“Look kid, that right there is the spirit. I believe in ya. Hey, try out for seeker and see what happens. Don’t be discouraged though if it doesn’t all work out. Like you said, and it’s true- first years rarely make the team, especially in such a coveted position and highly sought after position as team seeker,” said the Gryffindor captain. Mitch sighed and looked at the worried younger Crosby boy. “Listen little buddy, I know you want to prove something, prove to the world you’re the best and follow in your dad’s footsteps. I think you can do it, but know this- if it doesn’t happen, don’t kick yourself over it. It’s not the end of the world. You’re still young and I hope you know it doesn’t mean you’re not good enough. I hope your daddy told ya this and will still love ya even if you don’t make it your first year like he did. I bet he’s still proud of you for trying out,” said Mitch, leveling with Chase. Chase just frowned and nodded slowly. His heart broke to ever think of a reality where he didn’t make Gryffindor’s team’s seeker his first year.

“I understand,” said Chase softly. Mitch just nodded and patted Chase on the shoulder. “Now come on little seeker, let’s see your stuff! Try outs are about to begin!” Mitch said. “I just know you’ll do great! You’re a good kid and hell- it’s practically in your blood!” said the captain, well aware of the Crosby family background. Chase mustered up a shy smile as he nodded and let himself be guided by Mitchell to the spot of Gryffindor tryouts out on the Quidditch pitch.

Mentions:

Lizzy Hawksley
Lizzy watched the group in the pitch disperse, she saw a girl with ginger hair walking up the stands. She immediately got up and sat next to the girl. "I see you got it too," Lizzy motioned at her own flaming red hair. She then introduced herself, extending her hand. "I'm Lizzy Hawksley, you are?"

"So, Crosby, eh?"
She grinned, she had just see the girl and a Gryffindor boy she knew was Chase Crosby. She noticed the Slytherin girl had a book with her, "Bookworm? Me too, except I can't find anyone else- any other first year who likes books. I asked around Ravenclaw, but most of the first years there are prats."

Lizzy fumbled and pulled her wand out of her robes. Her mind had drifted back to the Quidditch tryouts when she heard a shout announcing the tryouts were starting. "Back to Crosby, we could give him a leg up." A wide grin dawned on her face as she carelessly pointed her wand at Chase. "Orr," she lowered her wand to a Slytherin boy in Quidditch robes who looked strikingly similar to Chase. Lizzy knew it was his older brother, she'd seen the two in the halls bickering before. The Slytherin boy was surrounded by swooning girls, the boy was a prat she couldn't understand why so many girls were falling from him. "Someone else a leg down." The grin on Lizzy's face became more prominent, she was trying to think of spells. If the girl let her she decided a good bat boggy would teach him a lesson he'd never forget.

Mentions:
kakemha kakemha

Last edited:
tumblr_m2bzyaKJNR1r88zzj.gif

Sara Alcott

Over the past few weeks at Hogwarts, Sara had spent approximately 90% of her time around Finnley Sixsmith. Though she got along decently with her housemates, and even made a few friends, it was still Finn that she ended up comfortably defaulting too when she wanted a homework buddy or somebody willing to watch her experiment with the latest spells they'd learned that day. The fact that he never seemed to tire of her questions and observations only excited her, and she relished the opportunity to converse with a willing participant. The two Ravenclaws were essentially joined at the hip, both eager for somebody who definitely understood the excitement and bewilderment Hogwarts posessed. It made the girl feel even worse about the fact that she essentially ignored the poor kid in muggle school, completely unaware of how nice he was, and how much she enjoyed his company.

So when Quidditch tryouts came about one day, of course a bored Sara had dragged Finn along to watch. Though she was never particularly athletically inclined, this wasn't just any ol sports tryouts. These were wizard sports tryouts. Seeing people fly around on broomsticks was an absolute necessity, especially considering that it was obvious Quidditch was something crazy important to the school. Would she ever try out? Absolutely not, even she was aware that sports and her were not friends. However, that didn't stop her from wanting to learn more about it, and kill some time on the weekend.

As they approached the pitch, Sara absentmindedly grabbed Finn by the hand, gently guiding him towards the stands. She smiled, offering a few polite greetings to familliar faces who were also watching, such as Grace, a friend from class. Settling into the seats behind Grace, she looked over at Finn who was settling down on the seat to her right. As the Gryffindors were coralled onto the pitch, she began watching the group intently. Even if she'd likely be cheering against them in future games, she still decided to show up early to watch them. She was a sucker for watching people flying after all, even of she herself was a total dunce when the time came to step on a broomstick.

As the Gryffindor's recieved instructions, Sara's attention shifted to her companion. Leaning towards him, she tugged on his sleeve to ensure he was paying attention. 'Any plans on trying out? I know you're really good at flying in class and all, so I think you'd be good at it if you wanted to." She pointed out. As she waited for his response, a yawn escaped her lips. You see, Sara had pulled her first ever all nighter, attempting to enchant a quill to no avail, and sleepiness was finally catching up to her at a fairly inopportunate moment. "I might just fall asleep right in the stands." She commented, chuckling. "Don't even wake me up when it's over, just stay here and make sure nobody kidnaps me." Now of course she was the one who had invited him to watch tryouts but who cared about little details like that?

Finnley: Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

Grace Walsh
Turning a page in her book, she turned her head when she heard someone approach her. "Heh, yeah. A blessing and a curse I suppose." She joked as she tucked a strand behind her ear. Both girls had pretty red hair, but Grace would argue that her's was much duller than the other girls. Hearing the girl's introduction, Grace put on a smile and shook the outstretched hand. "Delighted to make your acquaintance Lizzy Hawksley. I'm Grace, Grace Walsh."

She panicked slightly hearing Chase's last name, did she know? But soon enough her calm expression came back to her. "Yeah, Chase. I guess there isn't any much point in hiding it. But please keep it to yourself for right now. Our houses don't have a very good relationship." She reasoned as she asked Lizzy to keep her small crush on Chase a secret. "Oh yeah, massive bookworm. My collection at home is just amazing." She gushed over her library but was so glad to find a fellow bookworm among her fellow first years.

"Give someone a leg down huh? It's up to you if you decide to cast the spell, I won't stop you. But in theory, who'd you suggest giving a leg down?" Grace looked at Lizzy curious before turning back to the field to survey all the players, wondering who Lizzy would set her eye on to hex.

Mentions: Sunfall27 Sunfall27 Edric Blight Edric Blight

Lizzy laughed, "See the boy in Slytherin Quidditch robes down there? I think it's Chase's older brother. I've seen then bickering in the halls, I could be wrong though. But, oh well." She reasoned while pointing her wand to the boy. As she did, Sara and Finn walked up to them and sat behind them. Lizzy gave them a friendly wave then turned back to the Quidditch pitch.

She pointed her wand at the boy and muttered, "Avis". Several yellow birds flew out of her wand and towards the boy. Before the birds reached him they were shot out of the air by someone in the stands.

A Gryffindor prefect stood up and turned his head to the first years. Lizzy fumbled with her wand, attempting to put it in her robes but it was snatched quickly by the perfect. "What were you doing congering birds?" He asked her in an accusing tone. "I.. Uh.. I'm sorry," Lizzy tried to come up with an excuse but just found it useless and apologized.

"Detention." Lizzy sighed knowing there was no way out of it. The prefect returned her wand and went back to where he was sitting. She sniggered and when she was sure the prefect wasn't watching her, she pointed her wand at the boy again. "Volamucus," this time as she said the incantation it sounded more like a cough.

Suddenly bat boggys began flying out of the boys nose. His hand flew to his nose as he jogged to the broom closet. Lizzy twirled her wand in her fingers before sticking it in her robe. She grinned at her fellow first years and finally sat back to watch the tryouts.

Mentions:
Grace Walsh - kakemha kakemha
Sara Alcott - tamarapasek tamarapasek
Finnley Sixsmith - Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

𝒦𝒶𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓇𝑜𝓋 🐁

A schedule of seven classes was standard for the First Years—Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, History of Magic, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy, and Herbology. (Well, eight with Flying lessons being mandatory during their "free period" for the first half of the year, optional for the rest of the term.) Two weeks flew by in a flash, and Kasmirov found that of the seven, he seemed to excel in Transfiguration and Charms; the rest was hogwash in his opinion! Who would he fight with? And plants, stars, and boiling cauldrons? Sitting through the History of Magic bored him to tears, and worse was all the time he was forced to spend in the library scrawling in his messy cursive on what felt like tomes and tomes of parchment paper. Miserable!
Kas was elated that they finally transitioned to the weekend. It was rough ending the week with History of Magic in the morning, Herbology, and and thankfully ending in Charms. He hated midnight Astronomy labs on Wednesdays—those bleeding stars! After two weeks of evenings in the Astronomy tower, he almost hated to fall asleep at night when the static behind his closed eyes always seemed to shift into the night sky.
It was now Saturday and Kas was excited for Quidditch tryouts. His Flying lessons were less than successful, but it seemed like it could be fun to try out nonetheless; moreso, it would be fun to watch all the other students that were really good. One of the names that was frequently bounced around the hallways was Chase Crosby. Kas hadn’t had much contact with him, but he hoped to see the boy in action—it sounded like he was destined for greatness, with an older brother who was already on the Slytherin team and, if he remembered correctly, Chase’s dad had also been a Seeker many years ago.
Kas tottered down the hills that led to the Quidditch pitch, seeing all kinds of House gear worn in support for their respective teams: lion’s heads, serpent hair, ravens on shoulders, badger plushies, and all the bright colors that went on scarves and beanies. Kas, himself, wore a scarf Joan had knitted in a bright gold.
Further down, he saw a cluster of First Years that gathered at the bottom of the stands. Most were Gryffindors, and a few Slytherins that were ready to watch their team after Gryffindor tryouts. He saw a couple of Ravenclaw kids as well. He looked up at the massive stands. This wasn’t the best vantage point as of yet, but the tryouts hadn’t started yet either. Just as he was approaching, he saw yellow birds bursting from the wand of one of the redheaded girls in the cluster. “WOAH!” he yelped, walking faster. What a fun charm! He gave a delighted laugh as the girl in trouble performed another spell and sent a Gryffindor prefect running with bats coming out of his nose. “That was insane! Can you teach me?” he looked at her with big brown puppy-dog eyes.
What surprised him was the fact that this group was so intermingled. Now that the year had started, most of the Houses were keeping to themselves, so it was nice to see at least one person from every house in this cluster. “I thought you two were sisters from behind with that red hair,” he laughed.
“Oh, uh, I dunno if you remember, but I’m Kas. Uhhh, I think you’re Grace? We have Friday evening Charms together, so you’re fresh in my memory from yesterday. But what about you, Other Red?”

MENTIONED:

Dialogue: kakemha kakemha Sunfall27 Sunfall27
Description: tamarapasek tamarapasek Qwertycakes Qwertycakes Edric Blight Edric Blight

Last edited:
Grace Walsh
"Oh right. So that's his brother. I've seen him a few times around the common rooms but I was never too sure if they were related." She said as she looked over to where Lizzy's wand was pointing at. And she spotted the Slytherin boy in no time, and she admitted there was an incredibly strong resemblance between him and Chase. Noticing some fellow first years, Sara and Finn, she gave a short greeting and a smile.

Hearing Lizzy cast the spell, she watched as the birds got shot out almost immediately. Turning her head, she saw the Gryffindor prefect come up to Lizzy and gave her detention. But her fellow first year had some more hexes up her sleeves. She watched as the boy's nose were practically spewing a couple bat boggeys. All Grace could do was try and stifle her laughter. "You did not just do that to a prefect. That was bloody hilarious." She said as a fews laughed spilled out. But soon her calmed down and just said, "Best we try to keep detention to a minimum. Although I must say it's amazing you know so many hexes." She complimented Lizzy as she saw the prefect run away to the broom closet.

Her attention then turned towards the try outs and making some small talk with Lizzy throughout. But that didn't last long when she heard a boy exclaim and walked towards them. The Hufflepuff boy came up tp them and asked Lizzy to teach him the spell that she just performed. The boy's face looked familiar, but she just couldn't put a name to the face just yet. "I assume most people would, red hair isn't all the common." She said as she turned to look at the boy more clearly.

"Right Kas, I knew your face looked familiar! And yes, I am Grace. Nice to finally get acquainted with you." She greeted him with a smile as she held her hand out for him to shake.

Mention/s: Edric Blight Edric Blight usernotfound usernotfound Sunfall27 Sunfall27 tamarapasek tamarapasek Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

Lizzy Hawksley
Lizzy attempted to stifle her laughter but failed. Once she had stopped laughing she smiled at Grace. "No one give Lizzy Hawksley detention, even if they do, I don't go down without a fight." At the mention of detention she sighed audibly. Hopefully they wouldn't send her into the Dark Forest. Or polish trophies till her arms fell off.

"I read a book on them, and trust me, there were worse ones I could've used." She scrunched up her face when she saw the prefect run into the broom closet. "Guess I'll be paying for that for awhile. At least I didn't make him bald or invert his knee cap."

When a sandy haired boy walked up to them her gaze shifted to him. "Course I can, which one though? The birds or the one that sent a prefect running?" A wicked grin was now plastered on her face. She recognised the boy from her classes but couldn't put a name to him. "They never run out of ginger jokes." The amount of them Lizzy had heard was quite a lot and she preferred not to count. "Yes, I remember you Kas. We have potions and Defense against the dark arts together, I'm Lizzy." She smiled kindly at him and pat the empty seat next to her. "Come sit, I'll teach you that spell."

Mentions:
Kas: usernotfound usernotfound
Grace: kakemha kakemha

Last edited:

𝒦𝒶𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓇𝑜𝓋 🐁

"Right Kas, I knew your face looked familiar! And yes, I am Grace. Nice to finally get acquainted with you." Kas readily took her hand and shook it eagerly. The firmness of his shake was not overwhelming, but he was undoubtedly excited to finally make yet another new friend. "Nice to meetcha, too, Grace," he quipped. He looked at her again and remembered she was in the class shared with Slytherins, and she was, in fact, not a Hufflepuff. "You're in Slytherin House, yeah? My big sister is, too—she's in her sixth year now, so you might not have met her yet. She's got the short brown hair and likes books, named Joan," he bumbled. It was odd to sum Joan up in so few words that would make sense to a stranger. She was so much more than her books and the way she sunk quietly into chairs to enjoy a good read, walking about hallways as airily as a ghost. There was a lot of warmth to her, but he doubted she engaged too much with the kids his age just yet. Not if she was in the library in most of her free time.

"Yes, I remember you Kas. We have potions and Defense against the dark arts together, I'm Lizzy."

⋱ He turned his attention to the other young girl—the lovely spell-caster—and was caught by surprised that she recognized him, his face lighting up. "Right!"

⋱ He knitted his eyebrows, eyes closed for a moment as he recalled to their last class. "That's right—Lizzy! Yes, yes," he exclaimed. He stuck his tongue out as he tried committing it to memory. "I'll remember you now."

⋱ He had a hard time remembering names without having full interactions, but she was right: they had DADA and Potions together. He'd seen her muck about a bit in classes, and it looked like she lived up to her precocious nature. "I guess the ginger jokes do get a bit worn out, don't they?" he grinned good-naturedly. "I keep them to a minimum, then! But, yeah, I did like those bogey-bats. You think it hurt much, or just tickled his nose?" he inquired, still smiling, as if the prospect of having furry creatures emerge from a nasal orifice was possibly the most innovative thing this century had to offer. He sat by her side in hopes of learning a thing or two. It was a good way to keep occupied while the Gryffindors trotted around in the pitch, some airborn, some still in the gaggle huddled at the end of the pitch as the wizard in command of the brigade threw up the magical spheres.

"Grace, do you know any hexes or charms we haven't learnt in class?" he asked eagerly, hoping she had as much to offer as Lizzy. He patted the seat next to him, inviting her to sit with them. Then, he turned back to his new mentor, body faced forward to accomodate two conversation participants on either side: "Where did you find all these? Do they really have books just laying about to do little tricks like these?" He thumbed his wand in his pocket, the redwood warm against his fingers. "I wonder if there's something that will help me on the pitch? I'd like to go out there a try for Hufflepuff, but I've actually never ridden a broom before outside of class. I'm a bit afraid that my legs and arms will go to jelly once I'm out there, but I still wanna try!"

⋱ He didn't show any embarassment in his musings. He was very much one to wear his heart on his sleeve, intent or not. He pulled his gold scarf around his neck a little tighter, bobbing his head a bit as he watched the students on the pitch.

MENTIONED:
Dialogue: kakemha kakemha Sunfall27 Sunfall27

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back