• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/pokemon-x-harry-potter-ooc.517118/

Nubian_Legend

cevFnPG52q0GFDxh5ct6bpJfDIFPxU_ClJW3L5UhVNs.png

Wizarding students at Hogwarts Wizard Academy harness their magick to summon extradimensional creatures known as pokemon familiars. The more capable the wizard, the stronger the pokemon, so on and so forth. (see where I'm going with this?). Wizards at Hogwarts bond with their pocket dimensional companions and go on extraordinary adventures. Join one of 4 wizardry houses and become the best you can be, the best like no one ever was. To catch them is the real test, to train them is the cause.

Prefects, Champions, Aurors, Death Eaters, Elite Four, Teachers & Staff all exist in this take on two iconic universes.

description-image

Cast
1st Year class

1st Year teacher - TBD (AKANE?)

CHAMPION (#1 student) - OPEN

PREFECT 4 (TOP 4 STUDENTS)
| Arcanine - OPEN | Serperior - OPEN | Corviknight - CASSIUS | Sandslash -OPEN |

v2NawF0.png

House Arcanine
(Gryffindor)

Arcanine was one of the four Houses of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and was founded by Satoshi. Satoshi instructed the Sorting Hat to choose students possessing characteristics he most valued, such as courage, chivalry, nerve and determination, to be sorted into his house.

Notable alum: Red, Lance, Iris

Pokemans_497.gif

Serperior
(Slytherlin)

The traits that get you placed into Serperior are ambition, resourcefulness, determination, and cleverness. An association with villainous characters and elitism has given Serperior the reputation of being an evil house.

Notable alum: Silver, Steven Stone (heroic), Lusamine

large.823Corviknight_Dream.png.6f2c3444e3aa4920cf8fe17b529b74a7.png

Corviknight
(Ravenclaw)

Corviknight was one of the four Houses of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Its founder was the medieval witch Ivy. Members of this house were characterised by their wit, learning, and wisdom. The emblematic animal symbol was an eagle, and blue and bronze were its colours

Notable alum: Cynthia, Blue, Prof Oak

Sandslash-Pokemon-PNG-Picture.png

Sandslash
(Hufflepuff)

Sandslash is one of the most inclusive among the four houses; valuing hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play rather than a particular aptitude in its students. Sandslash were known to have a strong moral code, and a sense of right and wrong. Sandslash were usually accepting of everyone.

Notable alum: Brock, N , Jindai

Wizards are permitted to have a team of 6 pokemon and at least 1 Alternate.
(Mega's are allowed, and in some cases as are Legendaries... No kids with Mewtwo. Gotta make things make sense, I can be convinced if the character backstory is good enough, but otherwise no.)
Your character can already be established in the world (champion, prefect, teacher, auror, etc) you can even do canons ( Witch Cynthia would be interesting take) or you can start from scratch ( Kinda want to focus on the staff as well, they're gonna be central to the plot) Each class will have a homeroom teacher who will function as a mentor and protector for their perspective class. (This character is permitted to possess stronger pokemon by virtue of their tasking).

There are no pokeballs in this universe, pokemon familiars are summoned by the wizard's own soul with the wand serving as a medium of sorts.

Code:
image goes here (anime is preferred)
FIRST | LAST

ALIASES

HEIGHT & WEIGHT

GENDER & SEXUALITY (you kids love pronouns so go wild with this one)

HOMETOWN (region & town/city)

PERSONALITY

BIOGRAPHY (A brief history of that character and why they're at Hogwarts)

WAND (CORE & WOOD)
(ex 12" Walnut Wand with Charizard Core. (The core can be found in any pokemon, generally speaking stronger wizards wield stronger-type cores. The core has traits that compliments the respect owner style)

HOUSE (Which house does your character belong to?)

ORGANIZATION & TITLES  (List all organizations, titles or affiliations your character belongs to  i.e. Auror, Nobility, Prefect, Gym Leader, Breeder, Ranger, Expert)

TITLE 1| TITLE 2 | TITLE 3 | TITLE 4

POKEMON TEAM (List atleast 6 pokemon with any additional related details)

GOALS (what motivates your character? what do they want to achieve? list at least 3 goals for your character)
[LIST]
[*]
[/LIST]

THEME MUSIC

LINKS

Last edited:
I've been staring at this for a couple of hours and the idea for a potions teacher AU Whitney where she grows up and travels the globe before settling down at Hogwarts won't leave my head, so I'm throwing my hat into the ring. This probably goes without saying since pokemon are summoned instead of caught, but I was wondering if hisuian pokemon and other regional forms were allowed?

Last edited:
I've been staring at this for a couple of hours and the idea for a potions teacher AU Whitney where she grows up and travels the globe before settling down at Hogwarts won't leave my head, so I'm throwing my hat into the ring. This probably goes without saying since pokemon are summoned instead of caught, but I was wondering if hisuian pokemon and other regional forms were allowed?
Hisuan and other regional pokemon variants are allowed. As are legendaries in some instances (If you're a member of the wizard council, elite 4, auror, prefect or champion, then you get more leeway than others just starting out, all I ask is 1 legendary per team minimum.)

I would be interested, depending on your opinion on powerful OC trainers.

Possibly a powerful OC adult. Not a child. Make it believable too. I don't like playing cannon characters because I fear that I will make them go OOC.

That's... quite an interesting take. I got stuck the last time I did a Harry Potter RP, so here I am hoping to do better with some Pokemon mix.

And yes, I've done plenty of Pokemon RPs before.

I'm very rusty on both my Harry Potter lore and Pokemon lore and it’s kind of late so I might be asking some dumb questions, but I’ll unleash them on you all anyways.

Is the world filled with pokemon regions alongside continents, the same wizarding world with pokemon being a wizard only thing, the pokemon world but the wizarding world is hidden underneath the truck at Kanto or is it something entirely different? Also, if death eaters exist, does that mean the canon plot of Harry Potter happened in this crossover and someone equivalent to Harry existed or would it be just Voldemort/someone somewhat close like Ghetsis who existed long enough to get a cult following? If the canon plot has taken place in this world, then is it still going on or has Harry killed Voldemort for the final time already?

I'm very rusty on both my Harry Potter lore and Pokemon lore and it’s kind of late so I might be asking some dumb questions, but I’ll unleash them on you all anyways.

Is the world filled with pokemon regions alongside continents, the same wizarding world with pokemon being a wizard only thing, the pokemon world but the wizarding world is hidden underneath the truck at Kanto or is it something entirely different? Also, if death eaters exist, does that mean the canon plot of Harry Potter happened in this crossover and someone equivalent to Harry existed or would it be just Voldemort/someone somewhat close like Ghetsis who existed long enough to get a cult following? If the canon plot has taken place in this world, then is it still going on or has Harry killed Voldemort for the final time already?

being a wizard only thing
Pokemon only exist in the wizard world, although the game takes places primarily in an alternate british aisles, there are other alternate real world territories in which they exist as well. There are a few differences, but the core beats of Harry Potterverse timeline remains unchanged here. Red is the equivalent of Godric aka Godric the Red, as are Silver to Syltherlin. I guess you can say Ghetsis is the approximate Voldermort (or Grindewald) for this setting.

Timeline wise, Voldermort is definitely gone here but his lingering presence is felt. This takes places 10 or so years after the events of the Battle of Hogwarts.

Aight. I've stared at this for a long while and I think I may try my luck with joining this, if thats okay? Thinking about a child/student oc. Also please be patient with me, I haven't read/watched hp in years and don't remember much tbh. I look forward to when this starts!

This looks pretty neat! I’m not totally sure on who my character could potentially be but I’m starting to like the idea of them maybe being a Beauxbatons transfer student

Last edited:
I’ve been looking for a while, and I think it’s safe to say that I’m also interested

It's worth mentioning, the Elite Four in this setting are just the prefects of the 4 houses. The Champion of Hogwarts is the top student, usually Valedictorian.

It's worth mentioning, the Elite Four in this setting are just the prefects of the 4 houses. The Champion of Hogwarts is the top student, usually Valedictorian.

Will gym leaders be linked to wizarding schools too or are they separate positions like rangers and aurors?

I'm so down for this, sounds like fun.

For some reason I'm imagining my character as like an American student who goes hard into the stereotype of the American Cowboy/Outlaw. I'd go so far to make the wand a Six-shooter if I could. Though even without that I'd have him make a legit hip holster for his wand.

arcane-ekko-lol-art-hd-wallpaper-uhdpaper.com-786@0@e.jpg
8515aa85ada3fea3e29e44b5041c541d.jpg

ekko-arcane-series-4K-wallpaper-phone-preview.jpg

DohNgl-U0AA5LFJ

kpfsn97mz8781.jpg

afds_bm-insta-post-02-11-24-2021.jpg
CASSIUS | JAXN (pronounced Jackson)

CASSIUS the Creator. CASSIUS the Wise. CASSIUS the Firelight.

6' | 180 lbs

GENDER & SEXUALITY
Male. Heterosexual

HOMETOWN (region & town/city)
Muggleborn British-Jamaican. From Tottenham

PERSONALITY
Cassius possesses a sharp creative mindset. His most enduring trait is his steadfast belief in himself.

Cassius is witty, ironic, and a little bit sarcastic. Cassius tends to think of himself as a little bit strange and a lot smarter than everyone else. He is usually right, but not always. He does not like to be restricted by what others think of him, and he tries to make the best out of every situation. Cassius is very good at improvising and making things happen on his own rather than relying on others. He is also very independent and do not need other people's approval. However, this often gets him into trouble because he can be wrong when he improvises, which can cause them to lose people that he really love.

BIOGRAPHY

An immensely talented muggleborn wizard. Born with genius-level intellect and a natural talent for the arts, some could say Cassius is among the most gifted to hail from Corviknight, if not Hogwarts.

Cassius constructed simple machines before he could crawl. His parents, Delroy and Donna, vowed to provide a good future for their son—Tottenham, with all its pollution and crime, would only stifle Cassius, whom they felt deserved the wealth and opportunities of native upperclass families. He is the son of immigrants from Jamaica. Though his parents are very much magically inept muggles, he himself manifested the gift from a powerful shaman ancestor. He is proud of his Jamaican muggleborn heritage and insulting either is something you would be wary of.

Throughout his youth he watched his parents age beyond their years, toiling for too many hours under dangerous conditions in suffocating factories. They earned meager wages while greedy factory owners, and sneering bankers, profited immensely from their labor.

Hogwarts kinda came at the right time for him. Although muggles his parents did the best they could to integrate him to the Wizard World young when he showed promise.

Ultimately, he thrived in the magic world, becoming a renaissance wizard of sorts.

WAND (CORE & WOOD)
12 1/4 " Walnut Wand with Dialga core.

HOUSE
Corviknight

ORGANIZATION & TITLES

ELITE 4 | AUROR TRAINEE |MAGITEK EXPERT | SEEKER | ORDER OF THE PHOENIX

POKEMON TEAM
team.png

GOALS (what motivates your character? what do they want to achieve? list at least 3 goals for your character)
  • Hack time

Attachments

• poke.png
    poke.png
    123 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
What's this? An Rp that combines two of my all time favorite fandoms? YES PLEASE.

Are you looking for all the student characters to be the same age? (starting first years perhaps) so it doesn't get weird when everyone has to split off solo every time classes happen?

What's this? An Rp that combines two of my all time favorite fandoms? YES PLEASE.

Are you looking for all the student characters to be the same age? (starting first years perhaps) so it doesn't get weird when everyone has to split off solo every time classes happen?
Probably so. It makes the most sense. I'm gonna ultimately leave it up to the majority here. What age/year group do people want to start as? starting out in year 4 or so gives you more room to actually have a viable party and presence at the school.

Probably so. It makes the most sense. I'm gonna ultimately leave it up to the majority here. What age/year group do people want to start as? starting out in year 4 or so gives you more room to actually have a viable party and presence at the school.
Doesn't matter to me much, if need be I can always try to find a younger cowboy image for a first year.

I don't mind starting as a first year. I kinda like imagining them summoning their first Pokemon. However, I also don't mind them starting later on, allows me more flexibility.

I have a question though, can our Pokemon follow us, or does that drain our energy?

I don't mind starting as a first year. I kinda like imagining them summoning their first Pokemon. However, I also don't mind them starting later on, allows me more flexibility.

I have a question though, can our Pokemon follow us, or does that drain our energy?
Pokemon can follow you around, doesn't drain energy unless you're battling or actively using them.

Plot outlines /Tidbits/ Potential plots

Tom Riddle (Voldy) went mad from trying to obtain a legendary evil pokemon. (probably Necrozma)

The strongest pokemon in this setting are of course (Arceus, Necrozma and Mega Mewto).

Voldy lives on (not really) but he planted some seeds that could pop up later

There is a mole in the school trying to sew discord and bring about something bad

Cassius is a standard crutch/mentor archetype character (OBI-WAN), not "the Hero" but is important based on what he's trying to accomplish.

Cassius has a mystery partner

There might be a branching off so to speak, with some characters doing the Hogwarts plot and a handfew of other characters on a separate plot all together (if interested PM me)

A multi-verse exists

Last edited:
Doesn't matter to me much, if need be I can always try to find a younger cowboy image for a first year.
I think we're gonna go 1st year for this one. At least for part 1.
My intention is to do a time skip at some point, to age the first year class to year 5.

There's no way a first year will hold there own without a LOT of help, no matter how talented. Around the 5th year, wizards should be coming into their own, having a decent team and developing the necessary tools to be competent. It's the telltale year for a wizard.

Fifth year students must take Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, History of Magic, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy and Herbology. They must also take at least two of Divination, Arithmancy, Study of Ancient Runes, Care of Magical Creatures, and Muggle Studies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back