• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

fairyfawn

respectless
click the tabs to see the information!​
MOOD: wooooo new year!

OUTFIT: clicky!

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
Sloane spiderboy spiderboy
tags
TL;DR Hello fellow prefect! I will now ramble to you!
tl;dr
otto
slytherin prefect

Today is September 1st. It’s finally here! Today was also a very gloomy, rainy, and dark day with dark, rain clouds cluttering the sky and pain pattering against the train. But for Otto, he was giddy with excitement and anticipation! It’s a new year for him at Hogwarts. Well, more specifically his last year at Hogwarts. And the best part about going back to Hogwarts? He’s the Slytherin Prefect, of course! Don’t question how Otto got selected to be prefect back when he was a 5th year.

He couldn’t wait to climb aboard the train and find a compartment to sit down and await the long, 9-hour train ride to Hogwarts. Besides, Otto is fond of rainy weather. The sound of raindrops pattering against the train windows was very soothing and calming. But Otto didn’t want to sit alone inside a compartment, he wanted to have a train compartment buddy! Preferably someone he already knows because being stuck in a train compartment with a stranger would be way too awkward for Otto’s comfort.

Right now, Otto was preparing himself to run through the brick wall that was settled in between platforms 9 and 10. In one hand, he was carrying Mallomar's carrier with the cat currently sleeping inside. The other was holding onto his luggage.

“Otto, do you have everything? Your books? Your wand? All of your luggage?” Otto’s mother asked; she would not be joining Otto on the platform, rather she’d be saying goodbye to him here. “Yes, mum, I do.” Otto replied. "Alright, off you go now! I love you and be sure to stay out of trouble this year. And do good this year!" His mother reminded him. Hmmm, Otto wasn't sure if he could promise his mother that he would stay out of trouble. With that, they were bidding farewell and Otto was free to run through the brick wall and leave his mother behind. With a grin, he ran through the brick wall, entering the platform.

The platform was full of parents waving goodbye, friends meeting up with each other, and a whole bunch of sobbing first years. Sweet Merlin did Otto remember his first year at Hogwarts where he was homesick, and he had sobbed on the platform before getting on board the train. Come on now first years, you'll see your families again! Anyways, Otto was looking through the immense crowd to see if he could recognize anybody he already knew. Otto continued to look through the large crowd for a few more moments, before spotting a rather tall boy that he knew.

It's Sloane Sawyer, the Gryffindor Prefect!

“Sloane, hi!” Otto called out cheerfully through the crowd as he began to eagerly make his way over to the Gryffindor prefect. Maybe they can sit together on the train! Just two prefects sitting together on a train. He briskly began to weave his way through the crowds of both parents and students, hoping he wouldn't slip and fall. That would be disastrous! Finally, Otto managed to catch up with the other prefect. Yay!

“Hey Sloane, you want to sit together on the train? I don't really like sitting alone and it's too awkward for me to sit with someone that I don't know! And I'll need help getting my luggage on that rack thing where the luggage goes!”
Otto spoke, already starting to ramble towards the other prefect. Can you really blame Otto, though? He was super excited for his 7th year at Hogwarts! "Hey Sloane, are you ready for our last year at Hogwarts? I am! I can't wait!" The Slytherin prefect continued to ramble on excitedly.
code by valen t.

It was a rainy day - not unusual for London, as far as Artemis knew, even though he had never spent all that much time in the capital himself... Excluding occasional visits, both social and shopping-oriented. To be fair, the same could probably be said about the weather of the country as a whole - and so he didn't feel like he was being prejudiced towards this one city in particular. Or... At all, really, since he didn't even truly mind the rain.

No, he considered it simply a mild inconvenience - one that forced him to carry an umbrella, a physical one, instead of using his wand to protect himself from the rain. Really, as if they couldn't have made another entrance somewhere - not visible to muggles at all... Or better yet, just a Floo point. Or... A whole set of them, more realistically. Anything, really.

At least his cat appeared to be having fun, stopping from time to time to swat at the droplets. She was so lucky that she had water-resistant fur... And Artemis supposed that he was lucky as well. He didn't think Nyx would have been content to just walk beside him on her leash and harness otherwise, and between the umbrella and his luggage he didn't exactly have a free hand - or two - to hold a huge maine coon in his arms.

Then again, his parents would have probably tried to help. As things were, they didn't really have much to carry - other than their own umbrellas and, in his mother's case, a tiny bag hanging from her shoulder. They stayed on Artemis' left as they all walked together, talking about all the little things that had traditionally been left for the last moment, reminding him to write often and to keep his journals.

They weren't exactly in a rush; they still had time before eleven, and Artemis was relatively sure that if there had been an important reason for them to hurry up, he probably would have known about it beforehand. No, it was just the rain - and the muggles around them - that made sure they didn't move at a slower, more leisurely pace.

Artemis had to admit that King's Cross was an interesting building - but he would have spent more time admiring it under clearer skies. Right there and then, he was just glad to be able to step under a roof and put the umbrella away... And, not much later, he and his parents finally escaped into a much safer environment that was the Platform Nine and Three-Quarters.

The scarlet train was already waiting for its passengers - and the area was as busy as one could expect. Nyx, thankfully used to being around many different animals, didn't seem alarmed or anxious because of all the meowing and hooting happening around them... But Artemis could tell that she was barely containing her curiosity, even as she politely walked right between his mother and him, pretending to be elegant and uncaring.

Soon came the time to say goodbye - with more last-moment reminders and instructions, with a hug from his mother... And probably a whole minute of her petting and baby-talking Nyx - who took it with dignity. If Artemis hadn't known better, he would have thought that his cat would be the one missed, not him - but he did know better.

And so, minutes later, and still with some time to spare, he found himself in one of the wagons - letting Nyx into an empty compartment first, and then entering it himself. His baggage was already under the effects of the feather-light charm, so he had no trouble bringing it up onto the rack above the seats. Finally, he sat down by the window, with a book on ancient runes waiting on his lap, though he allowed himself a moment of simply watching his cat walk around the compartment - sniffing and checking everything out before she eventually jumped onto the spot next to him and curled up there.

Cute.

Last edited:

sloane sawyer

One typically expects to feel a lot of things entering their final year at Hogwarts. Excitement, dread, restlessness. Studying for N.E.W.Ts, leaving Hogwarts, an encroaching anxiety that comes with growing up.

In the days leading up to Sloane's final first day of school, he felt nothing. A certain serene numbness that could be mistaken as carelessness, rather than caring too much. Summer passed with a sickeningly sweet slowness, the better half spent in Scotland with their father- the only time in the year when Dad made time for just them. The morning of his departure had been what one can only be described as a quiet one, stowing away in the backseat of his mom's minivan for the two-and-a-half-hour drive from Leicester to London. His mother, Saoirse, spent the better half of the drive up trying to get a word from the boy, who lay across the seats with his back turned to her. Half-packed luggage clanged together as the van lurched over a speed bump, shaking the backseat and springing Sloane from his butchered attempt at sleep.

The rain pattered against Sloane's back as they reached into the trunk of their mother's van, retrieving the bags he had packed an hour before they were supposed to leave. Saoirse stood at arm's length from her son, closing the trunk behind him as she babbled about the "opportunities for the new year". Sloane had learned to tune it out a long time ago, nodding his head feebly and supplying enough yeahs and hmms to satisfy her need to fill the silence. Eventually, pair emerged on the other side of the brick wall, Saoirse grumbling under her breath it never gets easier, does it? Setting down his things beside a pillar that remained unswarmed by pooling families, Sloane braced himself for whatever embarrassing form of public affection his mother's going to sick on them.

Wrangling Sloane into a hug, Saoirse placed a chaste kiss against his hair, causing the boy to squirm. "Ma, yer mussin' up my hair, damn besom!" He hissed, fighting back a fit of laughter as he wrestled out of her grip. Ever one against grand gestures, his goodbye to his mother was one full of unkept promises to write when he could, and to most importantly, have fun. Shooting their mother one last unenthusiastic smile before her shape disappeared among the sea of parents and students, Sloane slumped against the pillar, reaching into his pocket for a pack of cigarettes- only to drag out a crumbled piece of paper between his thumb and forefinger, the receipt to the so called cigarettes. Figures.

Upon hearing the sound of his name over the sea of people, Sloane snapped his head up in time to catch a flash of brightly dyed hair headed in his direction. Otto Fischer was an enigma- with all the energy infectious enough to make you wonder if they were even real. Sloane's relationship with Otto was a simple one: the two had only ever been caught in the same room together if they were on patrol, paired together now and again for the late-night shift. Outside of their duties as prefects, it was rare to catch the opposing houses within five feet of each other.

Quirking a brow at the Slytherin, Sloane leaned off the pillar, arms crossed over his chest as he pursed his lips. Sitting alone warranted free reign of an entire seat in the back, draping his legs across the cushion for another nine hours of nighty night. But as much as he hated to admit it, he needed to company. "Fuck it, sure. 's long as ya let me sit on the outside." A shrug and a whisper of a grin, all very reminiscent of bad news. "Wanna hand with your bags?" He offered, taking up his own luggage and gesturing towards the train, until...

Are you ready for our last year at Hogwarts?

The question seems unreal. Something churns in his stomach, but he doesn't dwell on it. Biting down hard on their bottom lip, Sloane wastes no time slipping into the crowd and in turn, avoiding the question. "C'mon, I wanna get a good seat in the back."

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Alenia Lyrei
Slytherin
6th Year

Pureblood - Parselmouth

Platform 9 and 3/4 - Train to Hogwarts

Alenia is wearing a sapphire blue skirt, high-heeled boots, and a form-fitting t-shirt of emerald green and gold embroidered floral patterns.

Alenia
Open

LOVE POWER
Idina Menzel

Long wavy ebony hair flashed as the newly inherited witch stumbled through the illusion which hid the train station. Her trunk rested against her legs as a distracted hiss came from her neck. Rani, the blue viper, was definitely not a fan of her bonded witch's form of travel. Her body tightened around the tanned skin, and she had already missed the warm weather from their home in the Maldives. Sounds swam around the witch as her hearing had enhanced with her new inheritance. Pointed tips hidden behind indigo-streaked ink black strands. Her stunning mercury-dipped silver-blue orbs seemed almost eerie as she made her way to an empty car on the train.

Alenia stowed her trunk up on the rack above her head, her arms shaking with the effort to lift the heavy trunk as Rani lifted her head. "Nia, what isss wrong?" The soft syllibant sound of hissing filled the compartment as Rani studied her witch carefully, relishing the dainty fingers running over her scales. "I am ssscared. I am not sure how thissss year will work with my inheritance. Being an elf isn't easssy Rani." Her lips moved barely as she spoke in the language of the founder of her house. She felt at easy to speak with her familiar without prying ears as she sat down slowly and gently ran elongated fingernails over her arm slightly. "Maybe you ssshould read Nia." Rani hissed gently, encouraging her bonded witch to relax and give herself some time to readjust to being around others again. Watching as the ice queen persona her witch held tight in during the school year to slip over the shy quiet elf. Taking a book about magical creatures out of her bag, the girl settled down to the ride to the school.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Nova slept deeply in his train compartment, starfishing on a rainbow hammock stretched between two seats. His arms and legs dangled off, taking up far more space than he needed. Harold Bawls - his pink pygmy puff - dozed in his hair, snuggled between the strands. Nova dreamt he'd been isekai'd into the Candyland board game, and was now riding through the colorful landscape on a bicorn, wrecking candy villages and running screaming gingerbread men through with a candy-cane lance. The sounds of the rain tapping against the glass was the perfect ambient noise. An abandoned cup of gingerbread spice tea sat nearby, the cold liquid casting its aroma upon the room.

Richard Bawls - his purple pygmy puff - roamed the halls, valiantly attempting to complete his quest.

The Morning Before

Sunlight filtered in through the stained glass window panes, shining on Nova's eyelids.

"Mmmm." Nova groaned, opening his eyes with a stretch. Harold stayed sleeping on the pillow beside where his head had been. Richard hung tightly onto his hair to hitch a ride to the bathroom. The covers slid off Nova's chest as he sat up, admiring the view from the window. He threw off his green dinosaur sleepwear, nearly missing the hamper as he made his way over to the bathroom.

"Mmm, morning, Richard." He yawned as the pygmy puff hopped into the sink to shower under the faucet. Nova splashed some water on his face, running his fingers through his thick hair. Hmm, sandwiches, or burgers for lunch? Is a burger technically a sandwich? It could be reasoned that anything between two pieces of bread is a sandwich, but... He squirted a pea-sized amount of toothpaste onto his dinosaur electric toothbrush. He wandered back over to his bed as he began brushing his teeth, retrieving his phone. Only half intelligible, he muttered as he read, "An item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with a filling between." He paused a moment, repeating the words in his mind. He stifled his laughter, rushing back to the bathroom to duck into the sink. He laughed heartily as Richard dodged the toothpaste splattering all over the sink, lunging for Nova's towel. Debate of the Day to Irk People #1. Wonderful!!! This is wonderful!!!

Laughing merrily, Nova dressed in his athletic wear, grabbing a thermos from the kitchen. "One third one-hundred-percent pomegranate juice!" He poured pomegranate juice into the thermos, not spilling a drop, "Three thirds ice coooooold waterrrrr!"

"Do you need to be so loud about it?" His sister glared, looking up from her laptop. She sat cross-legged at the kitchen island, refreshing her memory on the topics she'd busily studied all summer.

"Headphones exist." Nova volunteered, grinning at the challenge.

North sighed, realizing she should've just waited for him to leave. Oh god, now I've gone and set him off!

As Nova explained, he gradually got louder. "We've come a long way since the 1890's, where you'd basically have to listen through two huge cups connected under your chin! It wasn't until the 1900's that someone actually invented something good, so, let me introduce you to the concept! Two little white pieces, connected to a cord, or you could purchase from today's sponsor, Raycon Earbuds! Use coupon code: GOF!CKYOURSELF for 50% off!" He smirked at her expression, pulled his Apple Airpods from his pocket, put one in each ear, and laughed on the way out.

North slowly removed her hands from her ears, her irritated expression softening into something more neutral as she became absorbed in her studying again. I'll have to go over to Elizabeth's later to get some peace and quiet. No way I'm staying in this house during the party.

Telling me to stop having fun. Hahah, no one told you to take over for my sub-conscious.
Nova chuckled, hitting the shuffle button on his jogging playlist.

Mmmm, I'm going to miss these airpods once I get to Hogwarts.

Later That Day

"Nova, set the table."

"D!ck, Harry, snap to it!" Nova said in a singsong voice, picking them off his shoulders and launching them onto the dinner table where they busily get to work.

"No...Nova, I'd like you to do it." Elaine - his mother - clarified with a sideways glance at the pygmies: Harold was being admonished by Richard for trying to lazily bundle the batches of silverware together, bossily demonstrating how they should be laid out.

"Why?" Nova asked, switching to the elderly voice of a kung fu master. "I have taught my disciples well."

"Because-" Elaine snapped, eyes widening as she paused to take a deep breath. Exhaling slowly, she continued in a voice of forced calm. "That's how my mother did it, and that's how I did it...and now it's your turn, as the eldest."

"Well," Nova shrugged coolly, "D!ck and Harry exist outside of time and space, and I'd consider them honorary members of the family, but if you need me to change their last names to Garnett-"

"-Nova." Elaine froze, continuing through gritted teeth. "Remember the purpose...the importance of this party, and show your respect."

"Grandma got run over by a reindeer," Nova sang, "right around this time just last year. People say there's no such thing as Santa. As for me and mother, we-"

"-Nova!" Elaine dropped her ladle into the soup, spinning around to glare at Nova's fading grin. "This isn't the time for jokes! We need this to go well!"

"Mother..." Nova took a deep breath, meeting her eyes with a bittersweet expression. "a year's worth of grieving didn't bring her back. Another year won't make it any better. Laugh...tell jokes - grandma always loved jokes. You know, she always used to tell me, 'Elaine gets too serious sometimes...I'm trusting you to help her with that.' Mother, you're not the only one who misses her. Tell me something - do you think I've been telling more, or less jokes since last year?"

Elaine thought for a moment.

Nova noticed her shoulders relax at the realization.

A moment later, her expression fell. "...More jokes."

"Yeah." Nova shrugged, lips tightening. "They're named D!ck and Harry for a reason - even their presence was supposed to be a reminder for me to tell jokes. That...and I needed a reason to ditch the funeral early." He laughed softly, eyes welling up. "That vibe was...really heavy." He spread his arms wide.

Elaine wrapped her arms around him in an embrace. "I'm...sorry for snapping at you like that...I didn't know. This whole time, I thought you were trying to mess around."

"Not everyone wears their heart on their sleeve, mom..." Nova trailed off as he heard the tap tap tap of Elaine's tears falling onto his shoulder. "...but now you know. And," He took on a more cheerful tone as Richard handed Elaine a tissue, "for seeing this rare sight of a Nova talking about his emotional problems, you owe me one. You've gotta try your hardest to chill out through the entire party - a few mistakes or unusual things won't wreck it." He turned away to take the second tissue Richard offered, quickly wiping away any remnants of the moment prior. "Try to hang loose a bit. You might even crack a few jokes yourself." He laughed softly. "Now," He turned back to see her tears and dabbing had made a mess of her makeup. "I'll handle this. You give them the word, and they'll go help dad with the HDMI cord before he pops a blood vessel." He smiled.

"...Richard-" Elaine began.

"-Say it. Come on, you know you wanna." Nova grinned.

"...It come on you know you wanna." Elaine relented, the edges of her lips turning upwards.

"Getting warmer." Nova nodded in approval.

"D!ck, Harry Bawls," Elaine addressed the wrestling pygmies with a sweet smile.

Immediately, they stopped to give her their full attention.

"Go give Al a hand with the television cords." Elaine approached them, giving them each a headpat before they scrambled off.

"Now, go paint too many layers of makeup onto your face again." Nova chuckled. "I think I see the crypt-keeper in our kitchen! Oh wait, is that you?" He gave her a quick hug, then whipped his wand out, levitating the ladle out of the soup to finish serving everyone.

Elaine began up the flight of steps to the second story before pausing a moment. "Oh..." She turned back to poke her head into the kitchen. "...Nova, you got all the stuff you needed from that Diagonal Alley, right?"

Nova froze for half a second, eyes widening. He felt relieved that his back was facing his mother as he replied, "Yup! All prepared for takeoff captain, ready to be beamed up!" Oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!!!!!!t!!!!

"Ooof, that's great." Elaine sighed in relief, turning back to the stairs. "I was worried you'd left it until the last minute or something!"

Nova laughed heartily. "Yeah, me too."

"What was that?" Elaine turned her head in Nova's direction.

Should've just left it at that... "I said, 'Yeah, it's all cool!'" Nova invented.

Elaine nodded, disappearing out of sight up the steps.

Nova held his breath for a moment, checking the time. 6:34...If I ditch the party early, I'll have plenty of time to use the floo network.

"These Coca Cola commercials are all the same." Nova pointed to the screen with his fork. "People dancing, pop music, 'high energy stuff.' Ever drank Coca Cola when you're running on three hours? It does nothing. I might as well be drinking sh!t-colored-syrup-water!"

"So ignore the commercial." Al - his father - suggested. "We've got it muted, you can just...look away."

"That's what she said." Uncle Joseph joked.

"I can't just ignore it, it's so stupid, someone's gotta talk about it. I'm glad Nova spoke up." Aunt Jolene laughed. "Why is there always so much nudity? We don't need to see these young girls in their underwear, and neither do kids. This is a family channel."

"It's also a waste of money," Nova pointed out. "since, I bet you, if you watch enough Coca Cola commercials in a row, you'll start to think they're all the same, too. They should recycle some, I don't think anyone would really notice. They've been around for years, you think someone's going to remember a mid commercial from over ten years ago? Hell, over five? They should save themselves some money."

"I keep tellin' you, this kid's got a mind for good ideas. I'd love to have him in my advertising branch." Al proudly held Nova by the shoulders.

Nova laughed. As if I'd choose doing the same thing every day over magic. "Yeah, I'll pop in for an interview when Satan decides to make hell more like Wollman Rink."

Uncle Joseph laughed the hardest at the joke, which launched him into the lengthy story of how he met Aunt Jolene. Everyone else pretended to be highly intrigued as he embellished the tale to make himself look like Casanova, and Aunt Jolene look like the wallflower when the reverse was true.

Perfect. Nova excused himself with a yawn, "I've gotta turn in. Big day tomorrow, crappy sleep last night, you know how it goes. I hope you all have a great time." He winked at his mother on the way out, and she nodded encouragingly. He glanced at his ankle watch at the foot of the steps: 7:48. Nova bolted up the steps, wrenching his bedroom door open to jump inside and narrowly avoid slamming it shut.

Richard and Harold paid him no mind, chasing each other around the bedpost in circles.

"Guys, I f!ckin' flaked on my school supplies." Nova snatched book-shaped box off his bookshelf, flipping the lid open to take a jar out. "Let's book it to Diagon Al..." Nova trailed off as he unscrewed the lid to find an empty container. "...aaaaand I forgot to buy more Floo Powderrrrrr. Alright! Broom time. Calling all pygmies! Calling all pygmies!" He crouched, extending an arm for Harold and Richard to scamper up. He scoured the pile of things on his desk for his galleon pouch, and the slightly torn Hogwarts Sixth Year Shopping List. He threw on a
mask, and his fifth year robes, cloaking the pygmies underneath the fabric. He usually bought his robes a few sizes too large to save galleons. "Broom...where'd I put my..." His eyes scanned the sea of clothes, letters, unopened sweets, and other random things for a broom-shaped heap. "And...nothing. Hmm..." He whipped out his wand to summon his broom, only to remember his relatives downstairs. "Eh...f!ck it, I'm supposed to take the bus, anyways. Look at me being a good rule-follower." He threw a rope down from his windowsill, ensuring it was securely tied around his bedpost. "...Well, kinda." He laughed, scaling down the wall as he ignored Harold squeaking in his ear.

He'd almost made it to the main gate when Richard joined in on the squeaking. "Guys, it's fine. No one will-" He followed their gaze and did a double take, realizing he'd left his broom in the backyard, leaning up against the toolshed. "-well f!ck me gently with a chainsaw. Nevermind what I said, back to Plan A, breaking the rules, possibly getting expelled on Day Onnnne..." He raced over, dragging the broom into the narrow crevice between the shed and the house. He tapped the broom with his wand, then his clothing and mask, casting the disillusionment charm upon them all. "Oh sh!t, I just realized I might lose it this way." He laughed as he kicked off. "Eh, if I do, it'll wear off. I could always have Richard search for it."

He heard a snort in reply.

"Or summon it." Nova laughed heartily as the wind ruffled his hair, imagining the broom smashing through various commercial buildings, households, and people to follow him to Hogwarts. A second wave of laughter followed as he imagined it crashing someone's wedding proposal, knocking the ring into a pile of dogsh!t. A third wave came when he envisioned the broom narrowly swerving around a wood chipper. "Aaah, it goes through all that sh!t, but it's sentient enough to avoid the wood chipper." Nova panted, admiring the city far below.

Twenty-eight Minutes Later

Nova dove sharply through the thick sheet of grey clouds to soothe his restlessness. "Ah London - wonderful weather we're having, as always." He rolled his eyes, shaking his head at the rain drenching his robes as he shot back up above the clouds. He slowed his pace, careful to have a firm grip on his wand as he cast the impervious spell on his clothing.

Harold poked his head through the neckline, staring up at Nova with pleading eyes.

"I thought you liked getting wet. Why are you always jumping into puddles, then?" Nova raised an eyebrow.

Harold pouted, turning to hide back under Nova's clothing.

"Alright, get over here. Richard, you good?" Nova offered.

Richard crawled out of Nova's oversized cuff, clinging to his wrist.

"I've got you, D!cky."

Thirteen Minutes Later

"Yeah, we would've never made it with the bus anyway." Nova chuckled. "Aaaaalright, let's head on down! Hold on tight, guys!" He picked up speed on descent, the sounds of wind and heavy rain rushing past his ears. "Ah, traffic noises. Time to slow down." He sighed, pulling up to fly level with the ground until he slowed down enough to fly lower. "The Leaky Cauldron must've been around here somewhere. Am I one street off, or...? Ah, over there." He landed in a vacant alley between two Muggle buildings, and hastily took off his clothes, bundling them into a lump to carry at his side. "Just a bit more, don't move around in there." He cut through a few side streets until he pushed open the doors of the Leaky Cauldron.

Nine Minutes Later

Nova heard the tinkle of the shopkeeper's bell as he opened the door to Flourish and Blotts, unraveling the lump to free the pygmies.
"Alright, Harry, you handle these two-" he pulled the shopping list from his pocket, pointing to this year's required book titles. "D!cky, you get these two. Meet me back here."

Nova scrambled for the last two books on the list, nearly slamming them onto the checkout counter. "Ah, sorry. I'm in a rush." He addressed the startled clerk, who'd been rudely awoken from his light nap. "Last minute shopping's such a drag, am I right?"

"Aren't you supposed to have done this a while ago?" The clerk raised an eyebrow, unamused.

"Things happen." Nova shrugged. His eyes wandered around the shop, from Harold using himself, and a wooden bookmark to catapult a book onto the cash register, to Richard, who scampered over from the back room carrying a book over his head.

"...How did you get them to do that?" The clerk asked, sitting up straighter in her seat. "I've always hated pygmies for their unruly nature."

Harold's second book landed neatly atop the first.

"Nah, they're not unruly at all." Nova waved the comment off. "They just get bored, easily. If we have tons of fun together, they don't put up much of a fight when I need their help with the boring stuff." He shrugged. His eyes wandered to the clock on the wall: 9:01. "What do you do for fun?" When he received no answer, he turned back to see the clerk nodding off again. He sighed and aimed a gentle kick at the front door, sounding the bell.

"Welcome to Flourish and Blotts!" The clerk sat up straight, scanning the doorway. When her eyes fell on Nova, her posture relaxed.

"...Bad night's sleep?" Nova offered gently.

"You have no idea." The clerk shook her head. "So, is this everything?"

Harold catapulted himself over to the desk, nearly overshooting the landing. Richard crawled over to Nova's leg and tugged at the fabric, having piled his share of the books beside Nova's feet.

Nova crouched to pick up the books on the floor. "Yup." He stretched widely, yawning as he felt his weariness double.

Nova had to fly much slower to avoid any accidents on the way back. By the time he made it home, it was a quarter-till-twelve. He spent the rest of the evening drowsily searching through his messy room for the items he needed, feeling far too tired to focus enough on a spell. Fitting them in his trunk also proved to be a challenge. The moment he finished, he collapsed onto his bed, fully clothed.

Only an hour later, he was dragged into a semi-conscious state by the sound of his parents' loud whispering just outside the door.

"But he was up all night, do you really think we should wake him?" Elaine fretted.

"He was probably cleaning his room." Al guessed.

"Why didn't he have the pygmies do it?" Elaine wondered.

"Heheh, El, we wouldn't want to touch his room, you think he's gonna get the pygmies to do it?" Al laughed.

"Eh, I'm up, just stop talking by my door." Nova groaned through the door. "I'll just sleep on the train."

"You can sleep in the car, too, dear, we'll drive you-" Elaine offered.

"-that'd be greeeeat." Nova nodded in slow motion. It feels like I'm hungover. "What time is it?"

"You've got an hour." Al checked his watch. "...Well, fifty minutes."

"Do you need help with anything?" Elaine asked.

"Nah, I've got it." Nova assured, fighting the urge to collapse on the bed again. "Go...to the shower." He whispered to himself. "Walk...over there."

"Hah, did he pull an all nighter, again?" North asked, poking her head through the hallway.

"F!ck off." Nova groaned, ducking into the sink to splash water on his face.

"Have a good year at Hogwarts, All Nighter." North snickered, opting to stay in the car with Al as Elaine got out to walk him to the platform's entrance.

"Remember to keep that stick lodger firmly up your non-magical @$$." Nova yawned as he turned on his heel.

"Remember to write, dear." Elaine reminded, giving him a warm hug.

"Sure, I'll just send you a message that says 'dear' on it." Nova chuckled drowsily before shrugging her off. "That'll be perfect." He insisted against Elaine's help pushing the trolley through the station with a slurred "I've got it, I've got it."

The walk through Platform 9 3/4 was even worse, as he felt more like a slow-walking zombie with each step. Almost...there. Nova was barely conscious of the cup of tea Elaine handed him as he turned to board the train.

He slid open the first empty compartment he found, and set up his hammock in slow motion. "Yesss." He collapsed onto it, turning to address Richard in a voice so low, even he wondered how the pygmy could understand him. "Your job...is to march through the halls, and bring back anyone who looks like they'd be fun. Or someone cute. Cute is good, too." And with that, he entered his deep sleep.

Last edited:
As the sound of soft amd gentle rain hit against the small opaque window in her bedroom,Gwen was awoken suddenly by a loud sharp bang on the poorly plastered wall that her single birch wood bed was up against,With a heavy sigh Gwen sat up in her bed and reached around on her bedside table for her silver;y blue glasses,Gwen gently rested them on her ears and pulled back the cover,she lifted her legs over the side of the bed and slid her a;uppers onto her feet.

Gwen had just gotten out of the shower and dressed into a soft blue dress with black tights,and a simple black fleece cardigan,she chose to wear her black lace up boots with blue laces, she took one last look into her small box of a bedroom that she had spent the past couple of months between term time in,whe she would return from Hogwarts this time,she would have a place of her own,finally. She Grabbed her 2 suitcases and her cage with Sonic her closest friend,a grey and white talloned owl,Sonic had been given to her by a dearly departed fiend when they found out they had been accepted into Hogwarts all those years ago

As she handed her keys into the front desk of the hotel she said her goodbyes before heading outside,there was little to no traffic around at this time in the morning,she rested her belongings up along side her as she sat on the curb of the pavement awaiting her taxi to the train station,she held her umbrella in one hand just over her head and her bag with her most prized pession.Aftse a while the taxi parked up on the opposite side of the road,a creep looking man who couldn’t have been younger than 50 walked up to her and asked if she needed assistance with her belonging. She nodded gently and gracefully sat in the back on the taxi,placing one single earbud into her right ear and pressing her left ear up against the window of the taxi,watching the world go by.

Upong arriving at the Train Station she made quick work of getting her ticket and some snacks from the little cafe in the platform,she headed on to Platform nine and three quarters and found a nice quaint bench at the far end of the platform,she reached into her bag and pulled out s ham and cheese croissant and her book on ‘Dragon Defenses’ she opens up on page 120 Chapter 11 ‘A Dragons best defense’,she began to take notes whilst occasionally eating her croissan.

After a while The Hogwarts express pulled into the station,Gwen let the first years board first before heading onto the carriag,she found a cabin unoccupied and gently opened the door bringing her her belongings in with her she sat closest to the window,it was still raining,a little heavier now but gentle stil.She pulled her book back out and began taking more notes,she was trying to come up with a subject to base her final exam on.

scroll

Ravenclaw

Amethyst

mood

Excited

Platform 9 3/4

interactions

Tap

September 1st. A fresh start for a new year full of good marks and adventures. Or so she hoped. Even if she enjoyed her summer of sunshine and riding horses through France’s rolling hillsides, she was homesick for school. She wanted to put her summer studying into perspective and do well. Rain drizzled down the side of the window Amethyst was looking out of, the quiet city bathed in the darkness just out of her reach. The hotel room was starting to feel clustered. She needed out just for a moment. She glanced back at her maman, who slept soundly in the corner. Deep bags under her eyes that looked like bruises from the short flight from France and trying to help Amethyst and Alphonse pack. With quiet fingers, she wedged the window open and slipped outside onto the small stone ledge. It was slick with rain, making the surface harder to grip with her toes. She brought her arms around her midsection and let her eyes drift closed. She inhaled sharply, letting the rain wash away any problems that bubbled up in her mind. One by one, her worries were subsided and replaced with a small smile and even a little bit of excitement.

"What in the bloody hell are you doing?” A voice asked, startling her and almost making her slip off the edge. The male to who the voice belonged grabbed her waist, pulling her back through the window. “You will slip and die and I will have to scrap your guts off the pavement!” He scolded as she stumbled into a suitcase and landed flat on her ass.

“I was fine.” She signed with sharp gestures, an almost invisible twitch of her upper lip but didn’t go unnoticed by her brother. His gaze softened as he offered her a hand to help her up. She took it and heaved herself into a standing position, rain forming small puddles on the floor next to her. Amethyst eyed her brother before offering a tight-lipped smile. “I was about to come back in anyways.”

“No you weren’t. You would stay outside all day if you could.” He chuckled, gesturing to the pile of luggage that belong to the duo. “Will you be ready to go in the hour? We have to get all of THIS down there.” Amethyst glanced down at herself before looking back at him and nodded once. She shooed her brother out of the hotel room and stripped out of her ratty white tank top and sweatpants hanging low on her lips.

She needed an outfit that screamed she focused on academics but could still dress well. Which is what the outfit she picked out was, but now she couldn’t find it. Was she going to have to show up in the tank top and sweats? No no no. That was unacceptable. She was sure she would die of embarrassment. After a couple of minutes of frantically searching for her outfit, she found it. She let out a sigh of relief before quietly laughing, it was right where she left it and forgot to look.

She pulled on the cream-coloured dress shirt, buttoning it with deft fingers and smoothing it until it was less wrinkly. Amethyst then pulled on a dark brown cashmere sweater vest and finished off the outfit by stumbling into walnut-coloured pants streaked with cream-hued stripes that tapered out near the bottom. With a smile, she rotated in front of the large borderless mirror that hung near the wardrobe. She was happy with the result. She located her shoes, a pair of brown leather boots and a set of gold necklaces. She decided she would leave her hair down and let it frame her face. A giddy feeling knotted in her stomach as she spun around once more. It was perfect and the train ride would be fine and so would her school year.

Her brother poked his head back in not too soon after, dressed similarly to Amethyst colourwise. He had a white shirt tucked into beige jeans with a dark brown leather jacket. “Done?” He asked with a hopeful tilt to his voice, she nodded. He fully emerged into the room and walked over to their maman, shaking her shoulder lightly. She woke up with a start before letting her gaze settle on the two with a soft smile.

“Leaving already?” She asked in French, followed by both of them nodding. She sat up and reached her arms out, motioning them to give her a hug. Amethyst moved quickly, not used to her maman’s affection and didn’t want to miss out on it. Her maman enveloped both of them in a hug, she fought to choke back a sob. The reality of leaving hit her once again but at least she would have Alphonse with her. Slowly the two drew away and started to grab their bags. Her dog, Titan swung his tail and barked excitedly. Nesyrn was safely in her box so she wouldn’t bite anyone. They needed to hurry or they would miss the train.

The walk to the train station was a blur of rain and snapping at Alphonse to move faster. When they made it Alphonse broke off to go find food and she was left alone. Amethyst was a little betrayed by the action but she just nodded and loaded her luggage onto a cart. She’s done this before, surely she could do it again. After stumbling around with Titan running up ahead and barking at strangers. She waved a set of apologies to them, disgusted looks being returned. Her heart thundered in her chest as she found Platforms 9 and 10. She double-checked all of her items were on the cart and patted her dog. Titan or better known as Fat Ass. An appropriate name for him. He was a round happy caramel pitbull. It may have not been Lune but she was glad Fat Ass was coming with her. With a spared glance to the crowd to make sure no one was watching, she charged through. She passed easily, stumbling to a stop so she didn’t fall and scatter her supplies everywhere.

Fat Ass panted heavily and it echoed from the dog as they navigated the crowd full of mothers and fathers and sniffling first years. She tried not to scoff at the first years, she was like that in her year too but honestly, they would be fine. Hogwarts was accepting while the muggle world made them hide their magic. What was there to cry about? Amethyst was now searching for someone to sit with so she wasn’t stuck with a first-year or the prefect she secretly despised. Se should have been the prefect of Ravenclaw. Not some sniffling sixth-year who didn’t even have the marks Amethyst had. She shook off the jealousy as quickly as it appeared, replacing it with a forced smile.

Her eyes locked on Tap, her smile quickly melting into one of utter happiness. She pushed her way through the crowd, halting when she found her friend. The friend that was now going to save her from everything. “Tap! How are you?” She signed excitedly, bouncing on the balls of her feet. “I love your outfit! Where did you get it? Do you want to sit with me on the train?”

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: i don't like this weather

OUTFIT: STYLING

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
Amethyst Cello. Cello.
tags
TL;DR omg hi Thia!
tl;dr
tapioca
ravenclaw seeker

7th year at Hogwarts for Tapioca, my how time flies! She remembered when she was a wee little short and scared first year. Her snowy owl, Sonata, was snugly perched on her shoulder, ruffling her feathers whenever rain drenched them. 7th year. Last year for Tapioca, and she was going to miss Hogwarts unless she landed a job there. Oho! Professor Tapioca Weasley! Tap liked the ring of that. Yes, she’ll try and get a job as a professor here when she can. But for now, she will need to focus on getting through her final year at Hogwarts smoothly.

The sky was covered in rain clouds, and it’s been so long since the sun has shined through. Gotta love Britain’s weather! Actually, no. Tapioca hated this weather. She hated the rain, she hated the cold. Tapioca wants the sun to come back! She was getting drenched from the rain, and she was sad that she didn’t have a little mini umbrella to hold over Sonata’s head. Strands of hair were beginning to stick to the sides of Tap’s face.

"Tapi, do you have everything?"
"Yes mama I do!"
"Okay, off you go! I love you!"

With that, Tapioca left her mother and the rest of her family to run through the brick wall. She entered Platform 9 3/4, smiling at the sight of the Hogwarts Express and the sight of bustling crowds and overzealous first years, as well as sobbing first years. Tap would admit she got homesick sometimes, enough to where it would make her feel nauseous, but she would always get over it by surrounding herself with others that made her feel welcomed and comfortable.

She began to rock back and forth on her shoes, waiting for the crowd to disperse a little before she would even attempt to get on the train without any trouble. Tapioca couldn't wait to board the train, maybe she'll take all the chocolate frogs from the trolley. Bertie Bot's ever flavored beans too. And... and licorice too! As she rocked and waited for the crowd to get smaller, she heard her name being called out by someone familiar. Oh, it's Thia!

Instantly, a smile pulled its way onto her lips. Thia, her best friend and Quidditch buddy! "Hey Thia!" Tapioca responded enthusiastically. "Aside from this dreadful rainy weather, I'm doing quite well. How are you?" She responded before continuing, "Thia I got my outfit from my closet!" Tapi said, joking around of course. She had just picked out the first outfit she saw when she was getting ready.

"Yes, let's sit together! We should hurry before the train compartments start to fill up! I do not want to be stuck in a train compartment with crying first years." Tapioca agreed. Yes, they should hurry now if they wanted to get a good seat. "Well, come on Thia!"
code by valen t.

Boreas Winterborne

interactions:
open
mentions:
none
tags:
none

mood:
Both tired and excited
outfit:
Student uniform with his cloak

Do you have everything you need love?” Skadi’s calming voice drove Boreas from his thoughts as they stood on the platform, surrounded by families all saying goodbye and students heading off to another year at Hogwarts. He turned and gave her a bright smile “yea Ma, got everything I need” he responded, a little of his New York accent slipping through the cracks. His mother smiled and ruffled his hair to which Boreas immediately hissed and recoiled “ma! It took me forever to get the curls right after getting dragged across the ground all morning” he groaned earning a laugh from Skadi “please, Bo you are handsome regardless of what your hair looks like. I still think you should ‘lock it up?, as you kids say” she chuckled slightly and Boreas rolled his eyes “an owl with dreads doesn’t look cool ma” he stated picking up his bag, his shoulder still sore from falling off a horse during his horseback lessons earlier that morning. “Is it absolutely necessary that I learn how to ride a horse? We do have brooms and cars ya know…” he turned to his mom with a droll look on his face “plus both of us can literally fly” he raised an eyebrow to which Skadi just chuckled and wrapped her arm around him, guiding him towards the train “it’s tradition Boreas. our family has a lot of weird traditions and if you want to be the lord of the manor one day you have to know all of them so one day you can pass them down to your kids ” she responded, pulling him close into a side hug. “Yea yea but I still don’t see how horseback riding is important. Wizards don’t ride horses usually…kinda what brooms are for” he grumbled, leaning into her and ignoring her laugh.

Where’s Frigid?” Skadi asked looking around whilst Boreas shrugged “I’m sure she’ll pop up at some point, she likes flying to Hogwarts. Guess she has her own tradition” he smiled and threw his bag over his shoulder. The pair stopped infront of the train and Skadi gave her son a strong hug “Do good, practice hard, don’t get into any trouble this year or I’ll turn you into a mouse and let frigid carry you off” she mumbled while hugging him tightly. Boreas hugged her back before pulling away and scoffing “please she would never, plus your transfiguration spells are horrible ma ” he grinned and turned to board the train “have fun honey, I’ll remember that comment for when you get back” Skadi called out, waving like a madwoman with a wide grin on her face “I will ma, don’t be too hard on Grey while I’m gone” he said referring to his personal house elf butler. Skadi rolled her eyes “please if anything he’d give me trouble” she said with a laugh that caused some of the other patrons to stare at her weirdly. Boreas smiled softly before he proceeded onto the train, excited to start another year at Hogwarts.

Upon entering the train, he was bombarded by first years trying to find a seat and all he could do was laugh “I remember those days” he stepped to the side for all them to pass “slow down guys, there’s plenty of seats” he called out as they ran pass, shaking his head with a small laugh. He sighed and walked down the aisle looking for a decent seat before opening the door to an empty cabin. He walked in and sat his bag down before plopping down on the seat with a sigh of relief “guess im still tired from this morning” he groaned, rubbing his sore shoulder. He leaned forward and took his cloak off, laying it next to him before pulling a book from his bag that read ‘advanced charms and curses’ and opened to the page he last left off “you know I would love to learn fiendfyre but I’m pretty sure it’s banned” he mumbled to himself while reading the description of the curse.

He turned his body so that he was laying on the seat with his back to the window, he sighed softly as he read over the charms that he hadn’t learned yet “wish they would allow muggle tech, could use music” he mumbled, pulling his wand from his sleeve and pointing it to his sore shoulder before giving it a quick flick “Episkey” he said quietly, immediately feeling relief in his shoulder from the spell “so much better” he smiled and leaned back Into the seat before looking back down to his book.

The only true wisdom comes from knowing you know nothing

♡design by yourlocal-eboyy, coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Melancholic

OUTFIT: It's Called Fashion

basics

MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
Lord_Boreas Lord_Boreas
tags
TL;DR
Amora says goodbye to the fam before boarding the train and sitting with Boreas
tl;dr
Amora Bluebell

Amora rolled one of their suitcases down the uneven path of the train station, her bag slouched over their left shoulder. Her eldest sister Dove had taken it upon herself to help with her other bag. The other sister, Val barely spoke to Amora this morning and was lagging behind. Her eyes were glued to her phone. The weeks leading up to the first day of school was always a point of tension for the two, Well aware that Val was still swimming in her jealousy of their Magics. Dove had since grown out of it or at least was better at hiding her bitterness over Amora's powers. Her parents were in the midst of a conversation planning a lunch in London once they had all said their goodbyes. Keeping their eye on the numbers Amora reached the brick pillar that read Platform 9.

"Alright, this is my spot," Amora said with a warm smile. Amora hugged her mother and father goodbye "Mum don't forget to write me" forcing a weak smile knowing that letters from her would thin very quickly into the start of the school year. Dove wrapped Amora in a hug from behind squeezing her tight. "Don't leave me with these freaks!" Dove said with a laugh before handing over her other suitcase. "Seriously just use some spell to shrink me and put me in your pocket." Amora sighed "Dove I-" Dove cut them off "I Know, I know it's against the rules or whatever." "Even if she could she wouldn't" Val muttered venomously under her breath. "Can we not start this Val? I'd love to have a cordial goodbye with you" Once again hurt by her sister's words. "Whatever have fun at magic camp, Mori." Val turned around "Mum, can I have the car keys? I just wanna wait in the car." Val snatched the keys out of her mum's hand and with a swish made her way out of the train station, leaving the rest of the Bluebells behind. "Love you too!" Amora said angrily and with a twinge of hurt. "Hey Don't mind her." Dove said with a timid smile. "She can't just ever leave on a good note?" Amora shook her head "Fuck" They said with a shaky voice. Amora gathered their emotions and adjusted her cardigan. "Alright I, I should get going" They smiled at their family one last time before running through the Pillar with her bags and appearing on the other side.

Amora stumbled out on the other side nearly colliding with a random boy from Slytherin. "Watch out freak!" he spat. "Oh it's you, gotta say I'm shocked you're still enrolled." The boy left them to go mingle with a group of his friends before Amora had a chance to respond. Amora had grown accustomed to the distaste she left in some of her peer's mouths for being a muggle-born, but it didn't make any of the comments or social shuns any easier to swallow. "Gonna be that kinda year." they thought to themselves. Amora knew this year was gonna be hard in particular as their closest friend, Reema a Hufflepuff student had graduated last year leaving them behind and without someone to be protected by. Amora walked over to an empty bench and slouched it running their hands through their hair dampened by the rain from outside. "Fucking hell." they muttered to themselves. The stress of the day getting to them they quietly cried into their hands. Trying to block out the conversations swirling around her, that was quickly becoming overwhelming for them. They stood up rubbing their eyes dry before gathering their belongings and entering the train.

Amora rolled her bag down the hallway of the train as first years bounded up and down it like cats at 3 AM. They chuckled to themselves as they looked for a mostly empty train compartment. They found a booth occupied by a Ravenclaw boy, who looked vaguely familiar. Both going into year six they two had some classes together but didn't talk much outside of them. Amora quietly slid the door open shooting him a comforting smile before putting her bags away. They sat across from him leaning her back against the cool glass of the window. "Hey, It's Boreas right?" she asked with warmth in her voice.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: tired

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
open
tags
TL;DR exhausted and ready for the long train ride
tl;dr
adrianna
werewolf + care for magical creatures professor

Today was not Adrianna’s day at all. Quite frankly, she felt like shit. Tired, groggy, drained of energy. Today also happened to be September 1st, the start of a new year at Hogwarts. And this would be…. Adrianna’s 6th year of teaching? Who knows. But anyways, Adrianna wasn’t too keen on being late on catching the train to Hogwarts, that would be an absolute disaster if she reached the platform and found out she had been left behind. The rain didn’t help lighten the professor’s mood, it just made her feel more tired and groggy.

Adrianna had been in a rush to get ready and pack everything she needed for the new year at Hogwarts, stuffing her trunk full of changes of clothes and other necessities. She shut the trunk and locked it shut, heaving it up to carry, and with the packing of the essentials done, she called out, “Come on Prickles!” to her pet niffler. The niffler was soon resting on the professor’s shoulder comfortably and it was time that they were off if they wanted to hurry and catch the train. She couldn’t wait to find a warm train compartment and she should settle down for the long train ride and not worry about getting drenched from the downpour.

The professor speedwalked as fast as she could without slipping and taking a fall. She soon reached King’s Cross station, eager to head through the brick wall and briskly make her way over to the assigned train car for the professors. The platform was full of parents and students waving goodbye and Adrianna was relieved to know that she was on time for the train and had not yet missed it. The professor weaved her way through the dispersing crowd with her luggage, heading over to the train car specifically for the professors.

Adrianna safely made it aboard the train, and she began to look around for an empty train compartment for herself and her Niffler. Soon, she settled for a compartment towards the back of the train, finding it to be empty and she helped herself to claiming it. Adrianna reached up and put her luggage on the luggage rack before sitting down next to the window. Prickles helped himself to settling down next to her.

Now, Adrianna wouldn't mind some company in the train compartment with her. It would be really nice to have someone to talk to for the very long train ride. Maybe they could discuss lesson plans for their classes! Adrianna wasn't sure what she was going to do for her very first lesson plan of the year. She could ponder it during the train ride. She heaved a sigh and leaned back against the seat, turning her head to look out the window and watch the rain pattering against the train window. It's going to be a good year at Hogwarts! At least, she hoped so.
code by valen t.

Hazel Fern Woods
Interactions: Open
Outifit: Click me

☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hazel barely got sleep the night before, the rain kept her up, even though it wasn't thundering she still got anxious. After she got out of bed, she walked to her closet and picked out her clothes, she had already packed everything that she would need, including the stuff she would need for Raven. Speaking of the smoke colored cat, she came wandering in from yhe hallway, letting out a meow. "You know where your food is Raven, its where its always been" Hazel said and looked at her cat. Even tho Raven was an animal, the cat had quiet the personality.

"HAZEL GET YOUR ASS DOWNSTAIRS.... WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE!" And cue the dramatics of my mother. she thought as she picked up Raven, who was not happy about her meal being interrupted. "I'll give you more food once we get on the train" Hazel said to which the cat replied with a happy meow.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

After what felt like an eternity of being in the car with her mother and father they finally reached the train station. As soon as the car was parked Hazel was out of the car with Raven and moving towards the Platform. She was about halfway to the brick wall when her mother grabbed her arm. "Why the rush, it's not like the train will leave without you." Hazel, then proceeded to pull her arm out of her mother's grip and rolled her eyes. "I know... i'm not stupid" She didn't like her mother much, mostly because she acted fake around people. But her dad on the other hand, well you could say that Hazel and her dad were two peas in a pod.

After they got onto Platform 9 3/4 she said a quick goodbye to her mom who then walked back to the car, causing Hazel to let out a sigh then turn to her dad. "I'm going to miss you dad, but I promise to write every chance that I can." She said and gave her dad a hug. "I know you will sweetness, and i'll miss you too." Her father said and hugged her back. "I have to go now, you have everything you need correct?" He asked and pulled away from the hug and held her at arms length. "Yes, I have everything." She said and picked up Ravens cage and picked up her suitcase and got onto the train, sitting in an empty cart.

She reflects on her morning and finally realized that it was her birthday. I'm so stupid, how could I forget that its my birthday. She thought to herself as she took out some food for Raven, and put it into her cage. Hazel then realized that her Mother didn't remember her birthday, but her dad did. She reached into her bag and pulled out a small black box that her dad had somehow smuggled into her bag... probably when they were saying goodbye. She opened the box and inside of it was a silver necklace with small green Emerald on the chain.

With a smile now on her face she sat in her train car waiting to see if anyone would join her for the train ride to Hogwarts.

Alenia Lyrei
Relaxed, Anxious, Worried
Mostly emty train car at the end of the train
talking to Rani (her viper)
Alenia finished the chapter she was on and lifted her gaze from her book as the trolley with sweets came to her compartment. She got a small cauldron cake and a few chocolate frog packs. Her eyes flashed as she turned her attention to her Viper. Her hair flashed slightly as she gently gave the coins to the witch. Closing her door quickly to reveal her ears for a split second. Then they were covered again almost as quickly as she had uncovered them. Relaxing back down into the seat, she stroked her fingers down the blue scales of her pet. Her eyes closed as the soothing hiss of Rani helped calm her anxiety.

"Better Nia?" Rani hissed amusingly, her head resting against the elegant collarbone of her elven mistress. The newly inherited creature smiled delicately as she responded in the parseltongue she preferred. "Much better Rani, thank you." Her sibilant, expressive hissing echoed softly around the compartment. "Did you know that Kelpiessss exissssst around our current home? We have a ssssmall herd." She hissed out excitedly, gesturing to another book on her lap. Her family's grimoire where it detailed her ancestor's home in the Maldives and what kind of creatures shared the island she called home.

"That is interessssting. But I am your favorite." The prideful viper hissed out gently, letting her tongue flick teasingly against her mistress's neck as the soft laughter seemed to ring out gently around the unusual duo.

"Yesss Rani, you are by far the favorite. But I do wisssh to meet the herd eventually." Alenia murmured fondly, running her fingers over the delicate scales. Scratching in just the right spots to cause a soft hissing of pleasure erupt from the large viper. Rani was on the larger end of her species scale, measuring out at around 30 inches in length. The unusual duo didn't usually have anyone join them on the ride to the school, yet somehow - Nia wasn't positive but she felt like it might change this year.
coded by natasha.

MOOD: excited

OUTFIT: clicky! + chewelry

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
Hazel AdrisNotHere AdrisNotHere
tags
TL;DR omg hello
tl;dr
foxyn
hufflepuff keeper

It was Foxyn’s fifth year at Hogwarts. Which meant… OWLs. Oh my. Thankfully, Foxyn had got some study guides and he hoped he would do well! Paw was definitely looking forward to the Quidditch games and Quidditch practice! Oh, and Herbology class too! Hufflepuff is going to win Quidditch for sure! Well, whenever it’s another house versus Hufflepuff for that particular Quidditch game.

"Foxyn, do you have everything you need? Your wand? Your study guides? Everything?" His mum asked, and Fox gave a rather quick nod of his head in response. Fox was sure that paw had everything that paw needed for this year. At least, paw hoped so.

"Go on now, don't miss the train! I love you!"

With that, Fox began to make his way towards the brick wall.

“Foxyn wait!” His mum cried out to him.

He turned his head to see his mum speed walking towards him with Todd in her arms. Todd! His kneazle! Foxyn couldn’t leave without Todd! He briskly walked over and reached to take Todd from his mum. “Don’t lose him!“ His mum reminded him as Fox was starting to bid her farewell once again. He will not lose Todd! Paw took Todd with paws free arm, as paws other hand was occupied with carrying luggage. And with that, Fox ran through the brick wall and entered Platform 9 3/4.

With a steadying breath, Foxyn made his way towards the train now that he was ready. The rain was hitting his clothes, he really should’ve worn something more suitable for the rain. It was going to be a long, long train ride and Fox was worried about finding a place to sit.

Foxyn stepped aboard the train, pressing himself against the wall as a group of overzealous and excited first years rushed by and surprised him. Watch where you’re going! The boy shook his head and began to make his way down the train hallway corridors, seeing that compartments were starting to fill up. Mostly with people he wasn’t exactly familiar with.

Fox held onto Todd, determined not to lose his kneazle. After a bit of wandering around and hoping that the train wasn’t going to start moving anytime soon, he found what was believed to be an empty train compartment. Aha! Fox strode his way over to the compartment and slid open the door.

Oh. There’s already someone here.

“Oh, hello!” Foxyn spoke up. “Uhmmm, I hope you don’t mind if I sit in here with you! I don’t want to sit in a compartment that already has a lot of people in it.” He slightly rambled towards Hazel. Paw soon teetered into the compartment to make way for others coming through the corridor and paw slowly began to reach to put the luggage up on the rack.

Foxyn was planning on reading some of the many ghost books that paw had brought along. Maybe Hazel would like to hear some ghost stories too! Ghost stories are really neat and cool. Fox gently set Todd down on the seat and with ghost books in hand, he helped himself to sitting down as well.
code by valen t.

Claire's nephew had given her a magical screaming alarm clock for Christmas last year. Each morning, she jolted awake to the sound of a different scream. It seemed to sense when she'd get used to a particular type of scream, and switch up the gender, pitch, length, or volume to keep her alert. She'd secretly been less than enthusiastic upon unwrapping it, but the moment she looked into her nephew's excited eyes, she knew she'd learn to love it. She couldn't bare the thought of his face falling otherwise. One wide smile later, and her nephew had used a permanent sticking charm to keep it stuck to her bedroom wall.

"You really shouldn't have." Claire forced a smile.

But he didn't listen.

This morning's scream sounded like a mix of Morgan Freeman and Darth Vader, and lasted longer than a minute, booming throughout the entire cottage.

Claire scrambled out of bed, covering her ears with a grimace. At least it keeps me from snoozing! I could never go back to bed with a scream like this blaring! She tried to think positively.

Once the alarm finally stopped, she used her wand to turn on the radio to her favorite station, waltzing over to the cozy circular kitchen. She hummed along as she scanned her lists of baking spells, held up on the pink fridge by delicate dessert magnets. She'd mixed the batter for the cupcakes last night, saving her favorite part for this morning. "Mmm, mmm, can't wait to decorate these." She sang as she preheated the oven, summoning a mug to fill with coffee.

As the cupcakes baked, she took a warm bath, sipping her coffee all the while. She waltzed back over in her towel, setting the cupcakes on a rack to cool. Claire enjoyed taking her time trying on a few different outfits until she found the perfect combination for her mood: white leggings with a pattern of pink hearts, a white pleated midi skirt, a pastel pink sweater, and brown lace-up boots. She cast a spell to apply on a bit of makeup, finishing off with pastel pink lipstick, and a bit of blush as she browsed an article in her Magical Fashions magazine. A particular hairstyle spell caught her eye, secured by clear bands and white roses, which she switched out for fresh carnations. She snapped a picture of herself in her full-length mirror, sending it to the private groupchat she had with her best friends under the caption: What am I missing?

She set her phone down as she waltzed to the kitchen, casting a spell to divide the ninety-six cupcakes into separate piles, frosting the batches in red, black, gold, blue, rainbow, white, and pink. She left six plain
for students that didn't share her love for overly sweetened things. Half the red frosted cupcakes had flaring hot flames of orange and yellow, and the other half had angry-looking faces. The black cupcakes either had tiny sugar-versions of the planets, or white sugar skulls. The golds had gold-wrapped galleons, or pints of butterbeer clinking together. The blues had either cute sugar bunnies, or paint palettes. The rainbow frosted ones either had realistic sugar brains sprouting with rainbows, or tiny sugar party hats. The white frosted cupcakes either had stacks of sugar books, confetti sprinkles, candy crystals, or chocolate frogs. Her favorites were either of the pink frosted ones: the ones covered with fresh strawberry slivers shaped like hearts, or the ones covered with sugary patchwork quilts and balls of yarn with two needles sticking out.

Once she was finally convinced she'd done her best with the decorating, she snapped an picture of them to post with the groupchat under the caption: I didn't make enough cupcakes❣️ Claire scrolled up to check the messages her friend had left in response to the outfit. After a sea of assurances, she found the one person who told her she was missing something:

You're going to get cold! Why you'd you go with a coat or something?

Claire nodded, responding with:

Thanks, bestie! 💗💗💗

She cast a spell to levitate all the cupcakes into a basket enhanced with the undetectable extension charm before rushing back to her bedroom. The moment she opened her closet, her white cape caught her eye - a floor-length cape with a fluffy white hoodie. This one!

One groupchat-double-check later, and she was satisfied with the finished product. Time to go!

She'd checked the weather forecast last night knowing it'd be raining this morning, and planned to take the Knight Bus. Riding a broom will ruin my hair anyways, and the floo network wouldn't agree with my white clothes! She shook her head with a giggle before casting a quick accio to summon her basket and trunk, and head out the door.

Claire approached each occupied train compartment with a light knock, politely asking if she could enter in a singsong voice. "Good morning!" She greeted each familiar student by their first name, and introduced herself to any first-years, offering everyone a cupcake or two from her basket. She wished them good luck during the semester, gently sliding the compartment door shut on the way out.

When she came across Richard roaming the halls, she smiled sweetly, scratching him behind the ears. She reached into her pocket for a parcel of plain mini cupcakes, insisting, "Share these with Harold, alright?" She reached into her basket, pulling out a rainbow brain cupcake for Nova. "And deliver this to Nova, would you?"

Richard scurried off, holding the cupcake over his head, and dragging the parcel behind him.

Claire eventually got seated alone in a train compartment to organize her lesson plans, looking forward to checking up on her plants and seeing how they'd grown.

MOOD: Scatterbrained

OUTFIT: Linky!

SONG: Listen!

basics

MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
Adrianna fairyfawn fairyfawn
tags
TL;DR
Juniper has an emotional reunion with their eldest brother, before rushing to the train.
tl;dr
Juniper Cricket

Juniper is sitting in a rickety wooden chair across from her eldest brother Jiminy in a small London cafe, catching up on life. Juniper made an effort to catch up with their siblings before they embarked for their second year as the divination professor. They crunch down on their biscotti listening to him talk, before sipping on their honey coffee mocha that they’ve been nursing. “-But honestly Juniper, I’ve missed seeing you happy.” Jiminy lets out a deep sigh “I felt like I had lost my sist-” Jiminy shakes his head “Sorry, Sibling. He Just took so much from you. I-I'm sorry I wasn't attentive enough to help. I just wish I saw it, you know?”

Juniper sets down their mug, and raps their fingers on the worn table "Yeah. It's hard looking back at it, I forgot who I was, what I loved, and who I wanted to be." Juniper gaze travels to the ceiling as they think. "I loved Fjord, more than myself." They sigh thinking about their late husband. The two had met in year four and had an off again relationship until graduating. They ended up going steady for a while. Once they married, Fjord slowly isolated Juniper from everyone until they were completely dependent on him. No career, no friends, and barely speaking to their family. Juniper has become an extension of him. "I-i know it's horrible to say, bu-but part of me is relieved that he's gone." Juniper says shakily. "H-He got so angry, and nasty towards the end of it and I-" Juniper holds back tears tilting their head slightly up. "I-i-i uh, Sorry I can't." They say with their eyes watering. "Plus I should get to the, the train." Juniper pulls their jacket off the back of the chair and throws it on. "Love you Jiminy." They flash a feeble smile grabbing their bags. "Juni Wait!" Their brother called out before they stumbled out of the shop drawing some attention from onlookers.

Juniper pulled their glasses up to wipe their eyes as they stepped out into the grayscale landscape of London. Crowds of people milling about. Getting their bearings together they looked for King's Cross Station. Jerking their head to the left they saw it in the distance and rushed down the wet sidewalk weaving in out of the herd of people. As they approached the entrance of the looming tan building. Barely being able to catch their breath they glanced at their watch to check the time. "Flaming Fiddlesticks!" They yelped, before darting down the stairs to the station floor. Rushing to platform 9¾ nearly crashing into a woman. "My apologies!" They shouted back to her before barreling through the seemingly solid brick wall.

On the other side they were greeted with families and saying goodbye to each other. Juniper hunched over completely out of breath, hair dripping from the rain realizing they left their umbrella back with their brother. Juniper lugged their bags into the train heading to the faculty compartments. It still felt strange to be back on the famed Hogwarts Express that they loved as a child. They couldn't but smile, they loved their years at Hogwarts. Being some, if not the best years of their life. Maybe part of the reason they took this job was to capture some of the childlike wonder and magic that had let slip through their fingers. Juniper went to pull out the notecards they had written some vague ideas on for the year. The cards quickly went flying everywhere. "Oh Merlin." they muttered to themselves, grabbing the scattered papers. Juniper needed to find a compartment before everything fell apart in front of them.

Juniper reached the back half of the compartments before finally choosing one to settle into. Clamoring into it completely oblivious to the other professor who had already set up camp. Juniper set their bags down and set down with a sign before finally noticing the other woman. "Jumping June Bugs!" startled "I'm so sorry I didn't see you dear, I'm a little out of it." they chuckle. "But you probably caught on to that already." Juniper scrunched their face as they looked at the brunette across from them. "You're the magical creature care professor, Adrianna right?" Despite this being Juniper's second year they spent most of their first year to themselves not getting to know most of anyone.
code by valen t.

MOOD: hyper!

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
Sloane spiderboy spiderboy
tags
TL;DR bouncing off the walls rn
tl;dr
otto
slytherin prefect

Otto was bouncing with anticipation and excitement as he had to crane his neck up to look up at Sloane since he was much taller than him. Sloane had agreed to share a train compartment with him, awesome! “Alright, I’ll let you sit on the outside! Are you going to take a nap during the train ride? It’s a long ride for sure. A nap sounds lovely right now, though!” Once again, Otto was back to hyperly rambling towards the other prefect. He’ll most likely settle and calm down once they get in a train car.

Then Sloane said something that made Otto grin.

Sloane is going to carry Otto’s luggage for him? Sloane is so kind and thoughtful towards Otto! “Yes please, this luggage is heavy! My arms are getting tired and I don’t want to strain them too much. But thank you so much Sloane!” And with that, he dumped his luggage with his fellow prefect. Carrying Mallomar’s carrier is so much easier without the luggage.

The prefect relaxed now, and he looked through the crowd for an opening to get aboard the train.

The Slytherin prefect began to wonder why Sloane didn’t respond to the question about being ready for the last year at Hogwarts. Okay, Otto will honestly miss Hogwarts once his seventh year is over. And although he was excited for seventh year, he kind of dreaded it too because it’s his last year after all. Oh well, it’s okay that Sloane didn’t answer! The other prefect said something about getting a good seat in the back.

“Come on Sloane, I want to go ahead and get all the best sweets off the trolley! What about you Sloane? Are you going to get something off the trolley? I can share with you though if you want!” Otto piped up with enthusiasm. Cauldron Cakes, Chocolate Frogs, Saltwater Taffy, Pumpkin Pasties, Otto’s mouth was watering already. His sweet tooth was pretty obvious by now, especially since he would hide a bag of sweets under his bed every year at Hogwarts and this year would be no different. He loves sweets a lot!

Otto gave Sloane a gentle, playful nudge as he began to weave his way through the crowd. It's time to board the train now and get a good seat in the back like Sloane said. With Mallomar's carrier in his arms, Otto began to carefully step abord the train, feeling relieved to get out of that large crowd.
code by valen t.

penni1.jpg
Penelope Williams - 1st Year

Leaving her parents at the entrance to the platform had been emotional and a bit frightening, but after a series of long, teary-eyed hugs and last minute reminders to write and stay safe, Pennie had faded through the platform wall and entered the world of magic she'd always dreamed existed. The sight of so many magic-wielding people in one place sent her heart racing, just as it had when she and her mothers had first seen Diagon Alley back in the city. The memory of how her mum had gawked and gasped made her grin widen into a full on toothy smile as she trudged along with her heavy trolley of luggage and books. It was in that moment Penelope realized that she had no clue of what to do or how to even get everything onto the train.

Looking around at all of the other students, their families surrounding them garbed in beautiful robes that reminded her of the solstice celebrations her family attended every year, the young witch struggled to squash the budding anxiety in her chest. How was she supposed to do any of this? Everyone else had magic and the help of friends and family, and thus far the only spells Pennie knew weren't even real wizardry. Her knotted chords, candles, and sweet-chiming bells would be of little use to her in this world, and she was quite certain the other witches and wizards would find it hilarious if she were even to try such methods.

Pulling the luggage cart with all her measly might towards the open train compartment before her, the little witch fought the urge to call out to any passing stranger for help. She wished her parents had been allowed to follow her through to the platform, but as "muggles", the wall had simply rejected them. She'd been raised to chase her dreams and never be afraid to use her abilities and knowledge to manifest her desires into reality, so why now did she feel so helpless? Had she not prayed to the gods for this her entire life? Here before her was the possibility of a future rife with magic, true magic, and yet in that moment she felt like nothing more than a frightening little girl who wanted to run back through that magic wall into the embrace of her mothers.

But she squared her shoulders and continued on, because no amount of fear was going to stop her from seeking that life of magic and knowledge. She would become a real witch, even it had to be done all on her own.​

Boreas Winterborne

interactions:
Amora Bluebell
mentions:
N/A
tags:
Limeaid Limeaid

mood:
shocked
outfit:
Ravenclaw uniform

Boreas looked up from his book sheepishly when he heard the sound of the cabin door being slid open. His eyes met with a familiar hufflepuff student whose name he remembered mostly from having classes with her over the years. He pulled his head up from the book long enough to give them a small smile before gluing his eyes back down, muttering some of the text under his breath.

He listened as they put their luggage away and sat across from him, it wasn’t until he heard his name that his head shot up from the book with his eyes widen. He quickly regained his composure and coughed into his fist “Ah yea, Boreas Winterborne” he gave them a small smile before closing the book. “You’re Amora Bluebell right?” He asked already knowing the answer. He didn’t think anyone would’ve chosen this train car but at least it wasn’t some pure blood fanatic. He slid his book into the book bag on the seat, holding his wand on his lap he looked out the window to the platform.

He watched as students piled onto the train and frowned when his stomach growled quietly. He turned and grabbed two chocolate bars out of his bag “wanna chocolate bar?” He asked trying to ignore how American he sounded ‘guess spending the summer in New York didn’t help with the accent’ he thought to himself before giving them a small smile and handing the chocolate bar towards her.

Just act normal

His alarm clock screeched through the room; his eyes jolted open. Henry wailed, covering his head with a pillow. "Five more minutes, PLEASE." he said, writhing in his bed. Seeing how the unbearable beeping wouldn't stop magically, he slammed his hand on his clock, flinging it towards the wall. It seemed to yell in agony as the glass smashed into shards. He crawled out of bed, slipped on a pair of shoes, then ran off. The smell of fresh bread and sizzling bacon drew him downstairs. It was a quaint home—simple and worn— just like him.
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
He sat down, levitating a cup of tea towards him. It wobbled a little as it flew toward his hand.
—"Son, I understand you're excited about this... wizardry thing. But is that truly going to pay off?"
His mother chimed in, throwing a quick glare at his father.
—"What your father means is he wants what's best for you. He's worried about how other students treat you and your career options."
—"I could save the world, make a lot of money making wands, become a professor..."
Henry said, shrugging. "Besides, if they insult me, it just motivates me further."
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
"Well, I'm off now! Bye, mum, pops." he hugged his parents one last time, then picked up his luggage. His pouches full of trinkets produced a pleasant clinking noise as he jogged outside. The sun began shining brightly on him and the cold morning air seemed to lift his spirits. He jumped from bus to bus, running through England's labyrinthic streets. "Another year; time sure flies fast. Wonder if I could buy some candy after this..." he thought. He rummaged through his pockets, trying to look for some spare change. "Nope, completely dry."
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
Arriving at the busy train station, King's Cross looked as imposing as always. Students and professors scurried around, avoiding being seen by muggles. He jumped into a train compartment; it shook gently with a loud thump. He scouted for an empty seat, accidentally bumping into a small girl.
"Ooh! So sorry! Wait, let me guess, first year here?" he grinned, trying to reassure her. He added: "Terrifying, I know. Don't worry; most of us don't bite. Except for werewolves, sometimes." He reached into his pockets, then retrieved a single piece offering it to the girl. It looked questionable, but it was likely still edible.

Edit: tags.

@ Morrighan_Moonchild Morrighan_Moonchild

Last edited:
MOOD: calm and happy

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
juniper Limeaid Limeaid
tags
TL;DR hello fellow professor!
tl;dr
adrianna
werewolf + care for magical creatures professor

Adrianna was staring out the window, anticipating the sudden jolt of the train to signal that they would finally be on the way to Hogwarts. Though she figured that it might still be a little bit since surely there would be more students and professors arriving to board the train right? She hoped this would be a good year at Hogwarts aside from the full moons and all. She’ll have to try and get her hands on some of that Wolfsbane Potion when she can.

Ah, but she could worry about that later. Now is not the time to be thinking that. Adrianna should relax for now, 9 hours of relaxation and peace and hopefully pleasant conversation with another professor.

A voice startled her from her train of thought and she looked to see a fellow professor sitting in the same compartment as her. Oh, hello. Adrianna must’ve not heard Juniper come into the compartment.

“Oh! Ummm that’s okay.” Adrianna exclaimed, startled. She hadn’t been expecting someone to come into the same train compartment as her. Not that she doesn’t mind the company! She would love to have some company for the train ride! Again, she had been thinking about how she and a fellow professor could exchange potential lesson plans for the year. The werewolf swallowed and she spoke, “Yes, that’s me. I’m Adrianna, Care for Magical Creatures professor for…. I think 6 years now. At least I think it’s my 6th year of teaching.” She introduced herself with a small smile. And the fellow professor was…. Juniper right? The new(?) Divination professor?

Adrianna recalled seeing Juniper last year as the newly appointed Divination professor. So would Juniper still be considered new? Adrianna briefly but her lip in thought. “And you’re Juniper right? The Divination professor I recall?” She asked, just wanting to make sure that she was right. But then she continued to speak, “You know, I don’t mind the company. It’ll be nice to have someone to talk to during the train ride.” Adrianna spoke softly.

Then she remembered that she had brought Prickles along with her. She should introduce him, too! "Oh, and this is Prickles, my niffler." Adrianna spoke once more, lightly gesturing at the Niffler who was sitting beside her.
code by valen t.

3_Tilly-Keeper.jpg

Tilly smiled, hugging her parents as her mother went over the usual lines, write regularly, focus on my lessons and behave. Her dad just chuckled and told her to enjoy herself before exams next year. I just smile and hug them both before saying she would write in a few days. picking up the case that carried her owl her dad helped get her trunk onto the train. With her trunk stowed away she decided to find a compartment. Already thinking of treating herself to something nice from the trolley that would make the rounds.

Shocked to find an empty compartment. She collapsed onto the seat, not realising how tired she had been from the hectic journey of double checking everything in her trunk, ensuring she had treats for her Owl and that she had enough money to buy what she needed. It had been a rainy day so luckily she had gloves charmed to keep her hands warm when she wore them. Knowing the first and second years wpi;d be waving off their parents. Relaxing in her muggle clothes she was already thinking of the year ahead. the NEWT perp would have to start from the the first day back to class.

Dianthus

A solemn and, on closer inspection, rain drenched figure joined the crowd filtering into the train. Dianthus' trip to the train station did not go as planned and he had to hastily trek the rest of the way there; hence his rather rainy situation. It wasn't a good start to his day but he figured it could have been worse. Such as getting caught up in a hailstorm.

He had done what he could to bring some semblance of order back to his appearance. His fringe was slicked back so it didn't look like it had been pelted flat against his forehead by the rain, and the dark shade of the uniform he wore made it difficult to tell it was drenched.

He hoped the train itself would be warm enough that he'd be dry by the time they got to hogwarts. if not, he would have to try his luck with casting a spell. Which would be a hassle. Even after years of studying at Hogwarts, magic was still a challenge for him. With His luggage and yes, a blanket-covered bird cage, in hand, he shuffled along, seeking a spot that wasn't crowded.

Carrying his belongings for so long was tiring. So in an attempt to distract himself, His mind wandered to the upcoming exams. Although it was still months away, it was his last chance to make something of himself. Successfully lost in his musings, he paid little attention to the identity of the person occupying the compartment he had stopped at. All that mattered was the vacant space. With only a brief glance at the pale-haired student and the feline curled peacefully next to him, he put on a practiced smile.

"Sorry for intruding, would it be alright to sit here?" Dianthus automatically slipped into a formal tone as he plopped the suitcase down on the opposite seat. Then carefully placed the cage ontop. Finally, he sat down in the remaining space.

Letho Letho

The train was always the busiest, obviously, at the beginning and at the end of the journey - but the long hours between one and the other were usually relatively boring, excluding minor things like the appearance of the cart or someone occasionally passing by. It meant, of course, that it was wise for one to save their own entertainment for later - and enjoy the chaos while it lasted.

Which was exactly what Artemis was doing.

The crowd of students in the corridor, searching for their friends or just free compartments, made people watching very easy, and though the blond's book was already open on his lap, he divided his attention between the text, the view outside the window, and - yes - the seemingly endless stream of teenagers. Well... And Nyx, but only a bit; she was currently busy licking every part of her body that she could possibly reach, and Artemis felt like she deserved some privacy for that... Even if she didn't appear to share that opinion herself.

At least the cat quickly decided to try napping for a while instead - and that removed one source of potentially distracting movement. In a way, Artemis envied her; he had never been able to fall asleep on the train - he had a hard enough time doing that in his own bed... But it would have certainly helped to make the journey feel shorter.

Not that he was complaining - seeing the old and new faces through the windows was still something to do, at least.

There was the occasional teacher, for example, confirming that the position hadn't been changed during the summer. Then a classmate that had cut her hair since the last time Artemis had seen her in person, but that had already had this new style in one of his dreams - which meant that the whole thing had been a vision for certain, and he should make a note of that in his journal later...

And so it went.

Or - at least it had until he heard the door to his compartment open, making him glance away from the platform outside the window to check who was joining him instead. Nobody from his year - he could tell that immediately - but... The guy still looked familiar... Just from seeing him around? Maybe, but that didn't quite feel right - not like everything, at least.

Though the other wizard quickly glanced away from him, Artemis didn't feel the need for such subtlety, instead gladly taking the distraction - and watching as his new companion made himself comfortable. He did, however, lift one hand to slowly wave it a bit back and forth in a gesture meant to say: go ahead, do whatever you please.

Then again, it didn't look like his approval was actually needed anyway.

"Making sure nobody else joins us, hm?" To be honest, Artemis couldn't even blame the other wizard if that was the case; after all, it was always more comfortable to travel in a compartment that wasn't completely filled... Especially with a couple of pets added to the mix.

Still... The shelves above the seats were there for a reason, and this guy didn't exactly look like he couldn't get his luggage up there - even if he didn't remember the charm that could help with that. Maybe he was simply planning to get something out of the suitcase first?

Oh - that was it, actually. Not his assumption - he still wasn't convinced about that one - but the train of thought had taken him straight to the information he needed. From the other boy's physique - to sports - to Quidditch - and, yes, of course; he was part of the Hufflepuff's team, wasn't he? Artemis hadn't seen all that many games, to be honest, but just enough of them to make the connection. And in that case his name was... Was...

Ah, obviously.

bubbletea bubbletea

Last edited:

Prof. GrimmRose

interactions:
Professor Hyun

mentions:
None (open)

tags:
noxious noxious

mood:
Content

outfit:
Black three piece suit with a dark green button up, black dress shoes, and a black open robe with dark green stitching with a green rose stitched onto the back.

Nathaniel sat on his deck in the early morning, watching the sun pull itself from behind the rolling hills in the beautiful countryside. He sipped his warm tea and sighed in content “that’s some good tea” he smiled to himself “good job professor” he said, doing a little dance in his seat before standing up to head back inside. “Good morning Master Nathaniel” a house elf greeted him as he walked through the halls of GrimmRose manor. “Good morning Pip” Nate gave the house elf a small smile before placing his cup in the sink “can you make sure the kids’ items are packed? They are worse than their mother when it comes to being on time” he shook his head whilst pip let out a small chuckle “already done my lord, everything is all prepared and ready to go” pip responded eagerly which made Nate smile “someone’s had a busy morning, well you are free for the rest of the day” Nate began heading upstairs “say Hi to that girlfriend of yours for me” Nate grinned before heading upstairs to get ready, ignoring the flustered face of the house elf.

Nate entered the room used to house his work clothes and began going through all his suits “thinking black” he smiled, grabbing a three piece black suit and then reached for a dark green button up shirt. He dressed himself before putting on his dress shoes and grabbing his mothers robe from the closet that he had refitted after she died. “Another school year mama” he said looking at the robe “guide me well” he sighed before exiting the room to gather his family. “Good morning my love” he said to his wife, hugging her as she walked passed him to enter the bathroom “morning love” she hugged him back “excited?” She asked with a small smile “always” he responded, giving her a quick kiss before heading to his children’s respective rooms further down the hall. “I know they aren’t still sleep” he mumbled pulling his wand from the special wand holding pocket hidden in his pants pocket before holding to his through and clearing it loudly. “ALL MEMBERS OF THE GRIMMROSE CLAN HAVE ALL BUT FIVE SECONDS TO COME OUT THEIR ROOM DRESSED AND READY TO GO OR IM COMING IN WANDS BLAZING..MY INCENDIO IS FEELING REAL STRONG TODAY” his voice echoed all through the mansion, the Sonorus charm amplifying his voice to extreme lengths. Within seconds, his children came barreling out their rooms, half dressed and half sleep. Nate laughed with all of his chest at the sight “jeez go get ready kids, you’ve got thirty minutes” he said in between laughs, holding his abdomen. Both kids rolled their eyes and re-entered their respective rooms to get ready, his daughters eyes and hair turning a bright furious red as she slammed the door to her room “Love you too” he called out with a chuckle

(an hour later)

Alright” he turned to look at his family as they stood in the platform in the train station “kids give your mother a hug and kiss goodbye and go find your friends.” Nate said to which both kids eagerly obliged, giving their mother a hug and kiss before practically sprinting off to board the train. Nate shook his head before hugging his wife closely “be safe” he said kissing the top of her head “don’t talk to strangers and if you need me I will always be there in seconds” he smiled “I know love, and I’m always careful. Remember I’ve been doing this job longer than you” she responded kissing him on the cheek “yea yea, send me an owl when you get off the boat” he said reaching down to grab his bag “of course, be safe and have fun my professor GrimmRose” she smiled placing a hand on his chest “same to you Mrs.GrimmRose” he said smirking before giving her a small kiss and turned to board the train.

Upon entering the train, he immediately dodged several students running past him and shook his head “first years” he chuckled and walked down the aisle. With a small sigh he opened a compartment he thought to be empty but his eyes changed into a bright yellow out of shock. He was met with the stoic face of the resident charms professor and fellow Slytherin. “Ah my apologies Professor Hyun” he said as he stepped into the cabin. “Hope you are doing well” he tacked on, throwing his bag on the seat opposite to the charms Professor before sitting down with a huff “Another year huh? I’m excited about this year” he went on before he looked at the Professor and instantly shut his mouth. “Sorry I have a habit to ramble on when I get nervous” he chuckled slightly “guess I’m still not used to start of the school year” he added, pulling a book and note pad from his bag with the intent to work on lesson plans and to stop pestering the Raven haired man who was probably already annoyed by him.

Another year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back