• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hogwarts Roleplay || OCC

sarahmickey98

Hi, friends! Here is where we can chat out of character about things related or not related to the roleplay. First, I think it's important that we discuss what plots we are interested in doing and possible characters we have in mind and relationships those characters might already have we each other before the roleplay so that we can have a strong place to start the roleplay and hopefully avoid too many lulls in the roleplay's pace.

Hello! Yes! Greetings! I agree that we should toss plot ideas out first bc that stuff is a little important haha. TBH I don't really have any good plot ideas in mind atm, but hopefully that will come to me as we all talk and get to know each other

I was thinking sometime after the Battle of Hogwarts as well because I like the idea of having a clean slate and a new set of Hogwarts students to work with. The question is how soon?

I think if we do it maybe like the year after, everything still shaken and unsure that could bring out the good and the bad of students. really seperate and highlight the ones who stand out in their houses.

I like that. And I think that's a very unique to start a roleplay because I've seen plenty of Next Generation type Harry Potter roleplays but they are all focused on 19 years later with canon characters. Starting a year later would be something new and I think there's a lot that could be done with that so I agree. Let's go a year after the Battle of Hogwarts. Now, the complexity of the plot. What's the driving storyline? I've tried to think of some possible ideas but none of them seemed good enough.

I'd say since it's the year right after, we build strong character relations, allies and enemies. Personally I plan to be a slytherin who's on the verge to going dark, and I think the events that play out here will determine if he does or doesn't.

But besides that, not clue.

We could always just start out with the goal of character development and relationship development and then go from there as we go. Character development and relationships between characters might lead to a plot so...

And also, since we have a set period of time to start, I'll get the character sheet thread up and post the link here and in my original thread so everyone who hasn't replied here will see it as well.

What years are you guys thinking of, as far as our OCs? I know Hogwarts roleplays usually starts at around Sixth Year.

What years are you guys thinking of, as far as our OCs? I know Hogwarts roleplays usually starts at around Sixth Year.

I like roleplaying as characters at least in their 5th so probably anywhere from 5th to 7th year if that's alright with everyone? I think eventually the plot will also follow the characters outside of the castle walls so I suppose year doesn't matter if you want to roleplay as someone younger.

Yup, that works for me. I was thinking Fifth or Sixth year, for my character. Maybe a Gryffindor that's displeased with sitting back and living in fear.

Ey hey I return. I am p flexible with my character since he has already been made and just needs a few character tweaks made to his stuff, he is a 6th year Ravenclaw (best house js). Since it is right after the Battle of Hogwarts it is extremely important to set up character relations. I am down to run with turmoil between the houses, but we should really kinda clarify that. Also, what I find is important, since the Harry Potter universe is so loved and expansive there are a lot of headcanons and stuff, and I think we should decide as a group what we accept into the roleplay. For example, in the last HP RP I joined up with we decided that it was canon in our RP that there was a kind of scholarship program implemented for muggleborn students who could not afford/had access to the right funds for Hogwarts supplies. They would have a teacher sponsor that would help them manage their funds until an appropriate age and were able to sign consent forms for stuff like going to Hogsmede. There was some more stuff, but that was the jist of the headcanon.

Ey hey I return. I am p flexible with my character since he has already been made and just needs a few character tweaks made to his stuff, he is a 6th year Ravenclaw (best house js). Since it is right after the Battle of Hogwarts it is extremely important to set up character relations. I am down to run with turmoil between the houses, but we should really kinda clarify that. Also, what I find is important, since the Harry Potter universe is so loved and expansive there are a lot of headcanons and stuff, and I think we should decide as a group what we accept into the roleplay. For example, in the last HP RP I joined up with we decided that it was canon in our RP that there was a kind of scholarship program implemented for muggleborn students who could not afford/had access to the right funds for Hogwarts supplies. They would have a teacher sponsor that would help them manage their funds until an appropriate age and were able to sign consent forms for stuff like going to Hogsmede. There was some more stuff, but that was the jist of the headcanon.
A fellow Ravenclaw, yes! My character will also be a sixth year Ravenclaw. And I agree with what you're saying for both character relations and deciding on headcanons.

We need to decide if characters that hid/ran away during the battle would be shunned/bullied and the extent of the trauma the Battle left on all students regardless off the role they played in the battle. I would really like the Hogwarts Scholarship program to be included, and everyone should give a sorta brief description of their characters so we can start tying relations ya know?

I like the idea of the scholarship, seeing as my character is going to be a Muggleborn. I would say that, depending on the extent of the trauma we decide on, that characters who hid/ran away would be shunned/bullied if for no reason other than the students who stayed and fought had to see and go through so much and it seems unfair that those who ran/hid didn't have to go through that same thing because of their lack of courage or whatever else caused them to run or hide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back